PDA

View Full Version : The Woofer Insight

Eastdog
05-10-2019, 12:09 PM

Your train line to the footy when you take the train: Belgrave/Lilydale train line

When you started supporting the Bulldogs approx: early 2000s

Where do you sit for Bulldog home games: Marvel Stadium Level 1, Aisle 34

Favourite Current Bulldog Player(s): I’ll go the Bont!

Favourite Footy Ground(s): MCG, Marvel Stadium (play our home games there) and Whitten Oval of course (been there a number of times now and plan on going there again for the family day)

Favourite WO moment in your time as a supporter: 2016 after our GF win there - amazing being part of that 30K celebrating our flag

Favourite Bulldog H&A win in your time as a supporter - loved the win this year in R21 v Bombers also when we beat the Tigers in 2014 by 2 points in Round 3 at Marvel.

Favourite Bulldog final moments: The entire 2016 finals series

Current Bulldog players from your school: None

Not current Bulldogs players that went to your school: None

Most Hated Team(s) GWS massively nowadays, Tigers, Bombers

Current Local Footy Club and how many flags they have won:

Other Teams You Support: Man United (EPL), Australian National Football Team (Socceroos), Australian National Cricket Team

Hotdog60
05-10-2019, 01:26 PM
Your train line to the footy when you take the train: It would take maybe two days so I won't take the train.
When you started supporting the Bulldogs approx: Late 60's
Favourite Current Bulldog Player(s): I'm a team player so as long as they wear the colours they're my favourite.
Favourite Footy Ground(s): Whitten Oval, spent the whole day there watching three full games of football back in the day. Didn't mind Waverley.
Favourite WO moment in your time as a supporter: 2016 final unless I was older then 54 might come into play but I wasn't even a twinkle in my fathers eye.
Favourite Bulldog H&A win in your time as a supporter - I wasn't there in person to see but round 21 1997 has an emotional spot
Favourite Bulldog final moments: 2016 GF win and the 2016 PF win are my favourites (Ditto on that one Easty)
Most Hated Team(s) GWS, Bombers and Collingwood
Current Local Footy Club and how many flags they have won: None
Other Teams You Support: Toronto Maple Leafs but that was while ago.

Daughter of the West
05-10-2019, 09:44 PM
I’ll bite Eastie

Your train line to the footy when you take the train: Upfield or Crazyburn
When you started supporting the Bulldogs approx: arguably from birth, wavered for a time during school, jumped back on early 2000s
Favourite Current Bulldog Player(s): The Bont, closely followed by Bailey Smith
Favourite Footy Ground(s): Don’t mind really
Favourite WO moment in your time as a supporter: 2016 PF and had the privelige of attending in person, it was such a special night. The 2016 Grand Final not far behind. The 2012 Hall if Fame dinner also gets a mention - my father had been really unwell & hospitalized, but he rallied to make it in person & see my granddad inducted. My father then died 10 days later.
Favourite Bulldog H&A win in your time as a supporter - not strictly H&A, but the NAB cup win where Barry Hall kicked a bag was lots of fun
Favourite Bulldog final moments: 2016 for a clean sweep
Current Bulldog players from your school: None - an all girls school hasn’t turned out too many yet, hopefully that changes
Most Hated Team(s) GWS
Current Local Footy Club and how many flags they have won: NA
Other Teams You Support: I like to keep an eye on the Darebin Falcons

Vred
05-10-2019, 10:48 PM
Your train line to the footy when you take the train: Haven't caught public transport this decade
When you started supporting the Bulldogs approx: 95'
Favourite Current Bulldog Player(s): Libba, Dale, Naughton, Bont
Favourite Footy Ground(s): Marvel, it has a roof.
Favourite WO moment in your time as a supporter: 2016 flag run
Favourite Bulldog H&A win in your time as a supporter: Anytime we beat GWS
Favourite Bulldog final moments: GWS Prelim 2016
Most Hated Team(s) GWS, Richmond fans (Teams alright), Essendon
Other Teams You Support: Soccoroo's, ManU, soft-spot for GSC

Twodogs
06-10-2019, 09:05 PM
Your train line to the footy when you take the train: St Albans/Watergardens
When you started supporting the Bulldogs: exactly (not approx) 9 months before 16 march 1964
Favourite Current Bulldog Player(s): Rhylee West, The Bont, Bailey Dale, Bailey Smith
Favourite Footy Ground(s): Whitten Oval, Yarraville Oval
Favourite WO moment in your time as a supporter: 1985 v Essendon. Just after halftime Purser gets the tap to a flying Brian Royal who kicks it down Doug Hawkins's throat at CHF and then kept running for the handball receive. The Hawk handballs it back to Chocco who promptly goes BANG and kicks the goal. We beat a rampaging Essendon!
Favourite Bulldog H&A win in your time as a supporter -us 33.15 213 v St Kilda 16.10 106 or round 19 2000 V Carlton at Optus Oval-Bob Murphy's debut and we knock over Carlton (who had won their last 14 games and were due to play an undefeated Essendon the next week, didn't we *!*!*!*! that little party up?:cool:) by less than a goal after a very dodgy umpiring decision
Favourite Bulldog final moments: 2016 GF win and the 2016 PF win were great. Also the atmosphere leading up to the 1985 Qualifying Final v Hawthorn was brilliant. We hadn't played a final at the MCG since 1961. The crowd was going off it's head as the boys run onto the ground and the sense of excitement leading up to the game was palpable. Geez that feeling went downhill about 30 seconds into the game!
Current Bulldog players from your school: Rohan Smith
Not current Bulldogs players that went to your school: Ijlia Grgic, Ted Whitten sr. Quite a few kids who played a few games (Terry Love, Darren Murray and a couple of others)
Most Hated Team(s) North, GWS, North, Tigers, Bombers, North, Geelong, North, Collingwood, West Coast, North, Adelaide, Freo, North, St Kilda, North, Carlton, North, Melbourne, North, North and, ummmm, North Melbourne. Did I mention the Cow *!*!*!*!ers? I really hate them.
Current Local Footy Club and how many flags they have won: Kingsville/Yarraville-heaps.
Other Teams You Support: Arsenal (EPL), Chicago Bears, Australian cricket team (the Baggy Greens) Australian National Football Team (Socceroos)

Eastdog
12-10-2019, 08:41 PM
Nice reading so far. I would say my best finals moments would be the entire 2016 finals series. All those games were great.

ledge
12-10-2019, 09:08 PM

Your train line to the footy when you take the train: Ballarat

When you started supporting the Bulldogs approx: 1974

Favourite Current Bulldog Player(s): Bont

Favourite Footy Ground(s): Whitten Oval

Favourite WO moment in your time as a supporter: Too many to choose from.

Favourite Bulldog H&A win in your time as a supporter - the Kolynuik goal to beat the pies

Favourite Bulldog final moments: 2016 GF win and the 2016 PF win

Current Bulldog players from your school: I have no idea.

Not current Bulldogs players that went to your school: Tottenham Nth Primary and Braybrook high in the 70s, way too many to mention here

Most Hated Team(s) GWS and the Bombers

Current Local Footy Club and how many flags they have won: Melton sth , I have no idea.

Other Teams You Support: Southampton, England in cricket and soccer but like to see Aussies do well in everything but the ashes

DOG GOD
13-10-2019, 09:44 AM

Your train line to the footy when you take the train: N/A

When you started supporting the Bulldogs: when I was 11 (1983)

Favourite Current Bulldog Player(s): The Bont, Lin Jong, Dunkley

Favourite Footy Ground(s): MCG, Marvel

Favourite WO moment in your time as a supporter:

Favourite Bulldog H&A win in your time as a supporter:

Favourite Bulldog final moments: 2016 GF win. I was watching the game in LA on holiday (booked 12 months in advance) at a GF party held by the LA dragons. Lots of aussies there and majority going for Dogs. Unbelievable night.
Current Bulldog players from your school:

Not current Bulldogs players that went to your school:

Most Hated Team(s) GWS..................then Carl, Rich, Coll.

Current Local Footy Club and how many flags they have won

Other Teams You Support: Dallas Stars (NHL), Oakland Raiders (NFL), Washington Wizards (NBA), Kansas City Royals (MLB) Pakistan Cricket Team.

SonofScray
14-10-2019, 10:43 PM
Sunshine Nth

Sunbury Line. Get on at Tootenham or Sunshine.

The Bont, Shache

VUWO, Gillon Rsv and The G

Dougie breaking the games record.

V EFC this year or 2001.

2016 Prelim. Also the 5 mins or so outside the G pre GF just absorbing the last few moments of a life defined by the Drought.

Dallas Patterson

GWS, EFC

No local footy club anymore. Geographic is Braybrook.

Boston Bruins, Melbourne Ice, Melbourne Aces.

Eastdog
17-10-2019, 09:31 PM
Favourite current players update: Bont, Macrae, Naughton, JJ and next year very likely Bruce.

Rocket Science
17-10-2019, 11:39 PM
She's a long time between drinks from now until our first pre-season injury, so why not ...

Your train line to the footy when you take the train: Yeah nah, walking distance.

When you started supporting the Bulldogs approx: As a pup in the deep disconsolate depths of the early 80s

Favourite Current Bulldog Player(s): Head says Jack Macrae, heart screams Libba, hopes pinned on Baz Smith.

Favourite Footy Ground(s): Whitten Oval & Willie Cricket Ground

Favourite WO moment in your time as a supporter: That sweet, resounding final siren in the '16 prelim, as much for Libba's reaction than anything else.

Favourite Bulldog H&A win in your time as a supporter - Impossible to overlook this one (https://www.afl.com.au/video/2015-05-02/highlights-sydney-swans-v-western-bulldogs), for the moment, and confirmation the tide was turning, fast.

Favourite Bulldog final moments: Wiping the stars from my eyes watching the Bont do as he freakin' pleased in the '16 2nd semi versus the reigning premiers. It began to feel real.

Current Bulldog players from your school: Zero

Not current Bulldogs players that went to your school: Shagga Corcoran, Paul Satterley, Robert Bloom!

Most Hated Team(s) Esserdon, comfortably ahead of Melbourne, the Handbaggers and GWS.

Current Local Footy Club and how many flags they have won: Norf technically and stuff them.

Other Teams You Support: New Jersey Devils, and anyone who beats Esserdon.

Eastdog
18-10-2019, 09:14 PM
I’ve put an extra heading in “Where do you sit for Bulldog home games” you can add it in to your insight if you have already posted.

Throughandthrough
18-10-2019, 10:47 PM
She's a long time between drinks from now until our first pre-season injury, so why not ...

Your train line to the footy when you take the train: Yeah nah, walking distance.

When you started supporting the Bulldogs approx: As a pup in the deep disconsolate depths of the early 80s

Favourite Current Bulldog Player(s): Head says Jack Macrae, heart screams Libba, hopes pinned on Baz Smith.

Favourite WO moment in your time as a supporter: That sweet, resounding final siren in the '16 prelim, as much for Libba's reaction than anything else.

Favourite Bulldog H&A win in your time as a supporter - Impossible to overlook this one (https://www.afl.com.au/video/2015-05-02/highlights-sydney-swans-v-western-bulldogs), for the moment, and confirmation the tide was turning, fast.

Favourite Bulldog final moments: Wiping the stars from my eyes watching the Bont do as he freakin' pleased in the '16 2nd semi versus the reigning premiers. It began to feel real.

Not current Bulldogs players that went to your school: Shagga Corcoran, Paul Satterley, Robert Bloom!

Most Hated Team(s) Esserdon, comfortably ahead of Melbourne, the Handbaggers and GWS.

Current Local Footy Club and how many flags they have won: Norf technically and stuff them.

Shannon Corcoran? He’s from Adelaide , went to sacred heart

Rocket Science
19-10-2019, 11:33 AM
Shannon Corcoran? He’s from Adelaide , went to sacred heart

This is true, right before the club drafted him and duly plonked him in a school in the outer western burbs of Melbourne.

Eastdog
24-10-2019, 10:05 PM
From what I can think
A few current players who went to schools near mine: Hayden Crozier, Tom Boyd who has retired,
Not Current: Kieran McGunniess

Twodogs
25-10-2019, 12:50 PM
From what I can think
A few current players who went to schools near mine: Hayden Crozier, Tom Boyd who has retired,
Not Current: Kieran McGunniess

How near are you talking Easty?

It's funny how the concept of 'local boys' changes with each generation. Back in the 1880s it would have been just literally local boys and spreading out toward Braybrook/Sunshine/Melton/etc over the years down to now where boys (and girls) from all over the metro area are considered 'local' in terms of recruitment nowadays.

Although Geelong are doing a bloody good job of reestablishing boundarys again and getting kids like Dangerfield and Stephen and Dahlhaus to come 'home'.

Eastdog
25-10-2019, 01:56 PM
How near are you talking Easty?

It's funny how the concept of 'local boys' changes with each generation. Back in the 1880s it would have been just literally local boys and spreading out toward Braybrook/Sunshine/Melton/etc over the years down to now where boys (and girls) from all over the metro area are considered 'local' in terms of recruitment nowadays.

Although Geelong are doing a bloody good job of reestablishing boundarys again and getting kids like Dangerfield and Stephen and Dahlhaus to come 'home'.

My school was in the outer eastern suburbs in Wantirna South from there Hayden Crozier went to a school in Rowville which is about 10 mins away, Tom Boyd went to a school in Croydon which is about 20 minutes away and Kieran McGunniess went to another school in Wantirna closest to my school.

KT31
26-10-2019, 01:45 PM
My school was in the outer eastern suburbs in Wantirna South from there Hayden Crozier went to a school in Rowville which is about 10 mins away, Tom Boyd went to a school in Croydon which is about 20 minutes away and Kieran McGunniess went to another school in Wantirna closest to my school.

I think your clutching at straws here Easty.:)

Twodogs
26-10-2019, 03:48 PM

Yep. It's not like EJ went there.

Eastdog
26-10-2019, 04:16 PM

:D:D

Eastdog
13-11-2019, 09:29 PM
Updated categories very slightly so for any woofers who have answered can add that in.

Your train line to the footy when you take the train:

When you started supporting the Bulldogs approx:

Where do you sit for Bulldog home games:

Favourite Current Bulldog Player(s):

Favourite Footy Ground(s):

Favourite WO moment in your time as a supporter:

Favourite Bulldog H&A win in your time as a supporter -

Favourite Bulldog final moments:

Most Hated Team(s)

Other Teams You Support:

Twodogs
14-11-2019, 12:43 PM
What did you change Easty? Did you add some questions or remove some?

I really can't be arsed looking it up...

Eastdog
14-11-2019, 01:02 PM
What did you change Easty? Did you add some questions or remove some?

I really can't be arsed looking it up...

Just highlighted it so only one extra question otherwise nothing else changed.

Twodogs
14-11-2019, 01:09 PM
What was the extra question mate?

Eastdog
14-11-2019, 01:16 PM
What was the extra question mate?

Where do you sit at Bulldog home games? :)

Twodogs
14-11-2019, 01:24 PM
Where do you sit at Bulldog home games? :)

That's a simple one. I stand behind bay 31 and taunt the opposition supporters. I am an arms length away from the dunny, the food sellers and the bar. I can also see the TV monitors so I can tell exactly how long there is to go in the game.

merantau
20-11-2019, 07:37 AM
Train line: V-Line from Kangaroo Flat to Southern Cross
Started supporting in 1956
I like to stand at games opposite the centre circle.

Fave current player - The Bont.
Fave grounds: Whitten Oval, MCG, Marvel
Fave WO moment. The Pieman's intercept
Fave H&A win: Chris Grant raining on the Bombers parade AND Steve Kolyniuk's running goal in time-on at the "G" to sink the Pies.
Fave Final Moments. I could write a book! I'll go "The Wall of Biggs."

I'll finish the rest later. Have to think.
Great post. Thanks for the enjoyment.

merantau
20-11-2019, 08:20 AM
Current Bulldogs: zero. Totty Tech closed in the late 80s
Former Bulldogs: Kevin Jackman, Bones McGhie, Kevin McLeod, Tony Hill, Brian Harvey, Alan Stoneham, Robert Percy, Ian Wallace, Mick Kelly?
Most Hated Teams: Essendon, Geelong, West Coast, Adelaide, Hawthorn, Carlton
Other teams I support: West Indies, Newcastle United, FC Koln, Western United, The All Blacks, the Vics, Sunshine United Cricket Club, the Cuban Women's Olympic Volleyball Team.

Eastdog
21-12-2019, 06:31 PM
A good summer Woof thread for any woofers who haven’t answered.

Eastdog
28-03-2020, 04:07 PM
Good thread to bring up now considering not much Bulldog footy talk.

Eastdog
22-09-2020, 07:20 PM
For any new woofers or current woofers to chime in. Hopefully there will be more favourite finals moments to come.

These are the questions again

Updated categories very slightly so for any woofers who have answered can add that in.

Your train/tram/bus or general car route to the footy:

When you started supporting the Bulldogs approx:

Where do you sit for Bulldog home games:

Favourite Current Bulldog Player(s):

Favourite Footy Ground(s):

Favourite WO moment in your time as a supporter (doesn’t necessarily need to be an actual game there)

Favourite Bulldog H&A win in your time as a supporter -

Favourite Bulldog final moments:

Most Hated Team(s)

Your Local Footy Club and how many flags they have won:

Other Teams You Support:

1eyedog
22-09-2020, 08:04 PM

Your train/tram/bus or general car route to the footy: Car

When you started supporting the Bulldogs approx: Birth

Where do you sit for Bulldog home games: Aisle 36 P1

Favourite Current Bulldog Player(s): Libba

Favourite Footy Ground(s): Spotless Stadium

Favourite WO moment in your time as a supporter (doesn’t necessarily need to an actual game there): KT's 15 and the Fight back.

Favourite Bulldog H&A win in your time as a supporter - Knocking off Essington in round 21 of the 2000 Season.

Favourite Bulldog final moments: Macrae's goal in the Prelim and Picken's mark in the Granny.

Current Bulldog players from your school:None

Not current Bulldogs players that went to your school: Most of the Geelong FC (St. Joeys in Geelong)

Most Hated Team(s) Geelong

Your Local Footy Club and how many flags they have won: Growing up Newtown and Chilwell (Stevens Hocking coached us), 9 Premierships. I played in 1 of them.

Other Teams You Support: Womens Brazilian Volleyball Olympic Team

Eastdog
22-11-2020, 07:28 PM

Your train/tram/bus or general car route to the footy: Car

When you started supporting the Bulldogs approx: Birth

Where do you sit for Bulldog home games: Aisle 36 P1

Favourite Current Bulldog Player(s): Libba

Favourite Footy Ground(s): Spotless Stadium

Favourite WO moment in your time as a supporter (doesn’t necessarily need to an actual game there): KT's 15 and the Fight back.

Favourite Bulldog H&A win in your time as a supporter - Knocking off Essington in round 21 of the 2000 Season.

Favourite Bulldog final moments: Macrae's goal in the Prelim and Picken's mark in the Granny.

Current Bulldog players from your school:None

Not current Bulldogs players that went to your school: Most of the Geelong FC (St. Joeys in Geelong)

Most Hated Team(s) Geelong

Your Local Footy Club and how many flags they have won: Growing up Newtown and Chilwell (Stevens Hocking coached us), 9 Premierships. I played in 1 of them.

Other Teams You Support: Womens Brazilian Volleyball Olympic Team

Yeah not too far away from me 1eyedog. We have probably walked passed each other without knowing. I’m in Level 1 Aisle 34. Great seats where we are and the atmosphere very good. Next year will be different but hopefully in 2022 will be able to sit in our reserve seats again. Would be great to do a woof catch up at some point at the footy.

Ghost Dog
23-11-2020, 06:42 PM
Your train line to the footy when you take the train: Live in Ballarat when in Oz.
When you started supporting the Bulldogs: After watching the Doco ' Year of the Dogs'.
Favourite Current Bulldog Player(s): Caleb Daniels, Bont, Aaron Naughton.
Favourite Footy Ground(s): Whitten Oval

Favourite Bulldog final moments: 2016 GF win and the 2016 PF wins.
Current Bulldog players from your school: None. But my mother used to work at Monivie as a special ed teacher, where Liam Picken went to school.

Most Hated Team(s): Too busy loving the Bulldogs to worry about other clubs.
Current Local Footy Club and how many flags they have won: Hamilton Kangaroos Footy Club. 16 as Hamilton, 6 as Imps, amalgamated as the Kangaroos.
Other Teams You Support: None

comrade
23-11-2020, 06:58 PM

What has you over in China, GD?

Ghost Dog
23-11-2020, 07:15 PM
What has you over in China, GD?

Hey Comrade
I teach art and design over here. I'm a TAFE-level teacher working in International schools here.
I was in Australia in Febuary and usually spend several months of the year in Australia.
But Covid has thrown a spanner in normal life and it was chaos this year.

Eastdog
23-11-2020, 10:56 PM
Hey Comrade
I teach art and design over here. I'm a TAFE-level teacher working in International schools here.
I was in Australia in Febuary and usually spend several months of the year in Australia.
But Covid has thrown a spanner in normal life and it was chaos this year.

Yeah been a crazy year. Hopefully things can get back to some normalcy in 2021. Do you have an international Bulldog membership pass GD?

Eastdog
09-03-2021, 07:56 PM

I was in Williamstown on Sunday. I drove past that ground and can certainly see how cold it must get there in the winter with that Antarctic wind.

Smads57
11-03-2021, 06:42 PM
Hi Eastie - you should get to a game one day when the wind is blowing a gale to one end. The whole quarter can be played on the same half fwd flank for the whole 2 hours. One of the most frustrating venues for the Twos!

Jeanette54
11-03-2021, 07:32 PM

Your train/tram/bus or general car route to the footy: V-Line from Broadford to Southern Cross

When you started supporting the Bulldogs approx: Late 1950's

Where do you sit for Bulldog home games: No reserved seat

Favourite Current Bulldog Player(s): The Bont, Libba. Favourite Old players EJ and John Jillard.

Favourite Footy Ground(s): Western Oval, however Colonial/Etihad/Marvel is great comfort wise.

Favourite WO moment in your time as a supporter (doesn’t necessarily need to be an actual game there) The final siren in EJ's last game, May 1970. To loose that one would have been unthinkable.

Favourite Bulldog H&A win in your time as a supporter - The game against the Bombers where we kicked 21 consecutive goals. Still have that one recorded.

Favourite Bulldog final moments: 'Dale Morris's grand final tackle on Buddy, with Tom Boyd's subsequent goal. JJ's run and pass to The Bont, and Clay Smith's big hit on Ryan Griffin and Caleb Daniel's resulting goal Prelim 2016.

Current Bulldog players from your school: Nil

Not current Bulldogs players that went to your school: Presume Nil. We had a terrible football team

Most Hated Team(s) Essendon, Carlton, GWS

Your Local Footy Club and how many flags they have won: Strath Creek doesn't have one.

Other Teams You Support: Australian cricket team, Triple 8 Red Bull Racing & whichever F1 team has an Australian driver.

Max469
11-03-2021, 10:53 PM

Your train line to the footy when you take the train: Mernda, sometimes if I want a change will catch Upfield.

When you started supporting the Bulldogs approx: 50+ years ago

Where do you sit for Bulldog home games: Level 2

Favourite Current Bulldog Player(s): Mitch & Dunks

Favourite Footy Ground(s): W Oval and Marvel

Favourite WO moment in your time as a supporter: Round 10 1984 when Gubby Allen kicked across goal. Got chased home by Collingwood supporters that day.

Favourite Bulldog H&A win in your time as a supporter - Round 21 2000 beating Essendon.

Favourite Bulldog final moments: 2016 Prelim best game I have been too. Then the 2016 GF. Both monumental occasions.

Not current Bulldogs players that went to your school: Geoff Jennings Peter Munro

Most Hated Team(s) GWS, Essendon

Current Local Footy Club and how many flags they have won: West Preston Lakeside. Lots

Other Teams You Support:

Eastdog
12-03-2021, 11:10 AM
Hi Eastie - you should get to a game one day when the wind is blowing a gale to one end. The whole quarter can be played on the same half fwd flank for the whole 2 hours. One of the most frustrating venues for the Twos!

Yeah would be an interesting experience to watch Footscray play there against Willy. Certainly will consider that Smads57.

Eastdog
12-04-2021, 08:31 PM
Will give this a bump. Good insights. For any woofers who are new or want to contribute to the thread.

Eastdog
14-02-2023, 11:45 PM
Seeing we have a lot of new woofers joining this is a good thread to bump.

muzzyahoy
15-02-2023, 04:29 AM

Your train/tram/bus or general car route to the footy: 2 days

When you started supporting the Bulldogs approx: Day I was born, 1977

Where do you sit for Bulldog home games: I wish

Favourite Current Bulldog Player(s): Bont, Libba, English, Naughty

Favourite Footy Ground(s): Anywhere The Scraggers are playing

Favourite WO moment in your time as a supporter (doesn’t necessarily need to be an actual game there): Chris Grant's first game

Favourite Bulldog H&A win in your time as a supporter - That Essendon thumping from a few years back

Favourite Bulldog final moments: GWS Prelim win, never thought I'd see the day Our Doggies made a Granny

Current Bulldog players from your school: Libba, Rhylee West, Mitch Wallis (ret), Lachie Hunter (recently traded)

Not current Bulldogs players that went to your school: A tonne.

Most Hated Team(s): Essendon, Pies, Blues, Hawks, and all the rest

Your Local Footy Club and how many flags they have won: Parkside, Flemington Juniors

Other Teams You Support: Calgary Flames, Denver Broncos, Toronto Raptors and BlueJays

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
15-02-2023, 08:37 AM

Favourite WO moment in your time as a supporter (doesn’t necessarily need to be an actual game there): Chris Grant's first game

Favourite Bulldog H&A win in your time as a supporter - That Essendon thumping from a few years back

Favourite Bulldog final moments: GWS Prelim win, never thought I'd see the day Our Doggies made a Granny

Current Bulldog players from your school: Libba, Rhylee West, Mitch Wallis (ret), Lachie Hunter (recently traded)

Your Local Footy Club and how many flags they have won: Parkside, Flemington Juniors

Other Teams You Support: Calgary Flames, Denver Broncos, Toronto Raptors and BlueJays

Fantastic to see some overseas based Doggies supporters on WOOF. We've a few on here Muzzyahoy. It's great that technology mitigates the tyranny of distance and enables you to still stay connected with the Dogs!
Look forward to seeing you post here going forward.

Hotdog60
15-02-2023, 09:57 AM

Hi Muzzyahoy, Leafs fan back in the day lost the interest over the last decade. I was born in Scarbrough, Ontario and my brother was born in Toronto but we both left very young and eventually ended up in Oz.
Funny thing is my son with no prompting is a big Colorado Avalanche fan and watches them regularly. I'd like to get back there one day but in truth can't see it happening. Welcome aboard. :)

Eastdog
15-02-2023, 07:33 PM

Welcome to woof muzzyahoy! Great to have a Canadian Bulldog.

Eastdog
07-09-2023, 09:11 PM
Bump. For any newer woofers in particular and current ones as well.

azabob
07-09-2023, 09:36 PM
Is this classed as an eker thread?

EasternWest
08-09-2023, 10:05 AM

That's gold Jerry, gold.

Eastdog
08-09-2023, 09:00 PM

Love it :D

Curly5
09-09-2023, 12:25 PM

Your train line to the footy when you take the train: Varsity Lakes to Roma Street, back in 2018. Never again :(

When you started supporting the Bulldogs approx: born into Bulldogs family.

Where do you sit for Bulldog home games: on my couch :)

Favourite Current Bulldog Player(s): (Should add here "apart from Bont"): Who doesn't love Cody Weightman?

Favourite Footy Ground(s): MCG, Marvel Stadium and we usually play ok at Optus.

Favourite WO moment in your time as a supporter: 2016 after our GF win there - amazing being part of that 30K celebrating our flag

Favourite Bulldog H&A win in your time as a supporter - Round 21 2000 was special

Favourite Bulldog final moments: The entire 2016 finals series!!

Most Hated Team(s): Melbourne, Geelong

Other Teams You Support: Matildas, Aussie Cricket teams, Melbourne Stars

HOSE B ROMERO
11-09-2023, 09:50 PM

Your train/tram/bus or general car route to the footy: Train from Willy or drive and park near Marvel

When you started supporting the Bulldogs approx: 1971

Where do you sit for Bulldog home games: Lvl 1. aisle 17

Favourite Current Bulldog Player(s): All of them

Favourite Footy Ground(s): Whitten oval, Point Gellibrand Williamstown, falling out of love with Marvel with the pa blaring

Favourite WO moment in your time as a supporter (doesn’t necessarily need to be an actual game there)

So many. First game there in 1981. We probably got done but it didn't matter.
Against bombers in 85
Pieman's intercept against pies in 86
The rally in 89
Round 1 in 1990. Never seen so much joy before a game.
Final match there in 97
Post 2016 gf
And just going to training when we were in the finals

Favourite Bulldog H&A win in your time as a supporter - some of the above.

Plus Anzac day 83 defeating Richmond at mcg,
the kolyniuk match against the pies mcg 1990,
our first win vs Crows at football park which i attended,
bombers in 2000 ++

Favourite Bulldog final moments: 2016 gf, 2016 prelim, 2021 final against Brisbane, 1985 final against North cos it was my first finals win

Current Bulldog players from your school: zip

Not current Bulldogs players that went to your school: Peter Foster

Most Hated Team(s) Carlton, Collingwood, Richmond. Yep old habits die hard.

Your Local Footy Club and how many flags they have won: Willy , plenty

Other Teams You Support: Liverpool