PDA

View Full Version : Alex Keath

Mofra
08-10-2019, 10:13 AM
Surprised we don't have a seperate thread for Alex Keath.

VERY interesting article in The Age this morning.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/keath-injury-puts-twist-on-trade-20191007-p52ygf.html

Adelaide were compelled to operate on defender Alex Keath to repair a stress fracture in his leg in order for his trade to the Western Bulldogs to go through.

Keath will start his Bulldogs career on the injury list, after medical examinations by two different clubs revealed an injury which they believed required surgery.

Adelaide were aware of the injury but believed it didn’t require surgical intervention and instead were planning to manage it differently if Keath stayed at the Crows.

Keath has since had recent surgery and will be unable to train for at least three months.

Despite both the Bulldogs and St Kilda finding a crack in his lower shin, Keath, who was just about to take off on an overseas holiday, had been given a training program by Adelaide that included running.

That holiday has now been cancelled and Keath won’t be able to begin pre-season training until late January at the earliest.

Adelaide were aware of the issue during the season, where a scan prior to the round 18 clash with Essendon identified a stress fracture.

He played one more game for Adelaide, ironically against the Western Bulldogs in round 23. He failed to play that game out after limping off with an unrelated knee injury.

He was then scanned again after the season and the Crows began a conservative approach to rehabilitating the injury after his shin showed signs of improvement.

But both St Kilda and the Bulldogs have confirmed to The Age that their medical teams believed Keath required immediate surgery.

Once the Bulldogs identified the fracture last month, they advised Keath that he would need to have a pin put in his lower leg to justify their contract offer to him.

Keath and his management then returned to Adelaide, where they advised the Crows who, against their own judgment, decided to go ahead with the surgery.

Keath is a contracted Adelaide player until the end of October, meaning all costs associated with his surgery and subsequent treatment will be paid for by his current club.

The revelation has diluted his trade value in the eyes of the Bulldogs, who will now try to attain his services in exchange for something in the realm a third round pick.

Keath’s injury was being managed by well renowned fitness guru Steve Saunders, who joined the Crows high performance team on a full time basis this year, having previously operated as a consultant.

Mofra
08-10-2019, 10:14 AM
Relevant trade quotes from the article:

Adelaide had initially attempted to acquire the Bulldogs first pick – currently 13 – by giving them Keath and one of their second round picks (currently 23 and 28).

The Crows had hoped to leverage the Bulldogs’ desire to sign Saints forward Josh Bruce, hence offering them Keath and a second round pick, which the Dogs could give to the Saints for Bruce.

But sources at the Bulldogs told The Age that their prized first pick was not for sale at any price, adamant it will be turned into a Dogs player in the national draft.

Mofra
08-10-2019, 10:15 AM
I actually think there is a silver lining in this for us - Keath should come a little bit cheaper now, and with a 2nd rounder and 3 x 3rd rounders we should be able to turn those four picks into two picks that satisfy St Kilda and Adelaide.

If we can keep pick 13 plus add Keath and Bruce that is an outstanding result.

bornadog
08-10-2019, 10:19 AM
Sam McClure: Alex Keath has done a medical at the Bulldogs and the Saints and they assessed he needed surgery. The Crows said he didn't need surgery. He had the operation last week and now he's out for four months. I think this has diluted his trade value a little bit.

Mofra
08-10-2019, 10:20 AM
Sam McClure: Alex Keath has done a medical at the Bulldogs and the Saints and they assessed he needed surgery. The Crows said he didn't need surgery. He had the operation last week and now he's out for four months. I think this has diluted his trade value a little bit.
As it should.

As an aside, getting the surgery done now means Adelaide pay for it ;)

bornadog
08-10-2019, 10:22 AM
As it should.

As an aside, getting the surgery done now means Adelaide pay for it ;)

I don't understand how two medical teams say he needs surgery, yet another one says he doesn't.

bulldogtragic
08-10-2019, 10:37 AM
Said it elsewhere, they should take the third rounder now and move on. If his first six months is rehab and VFL to get match fit, that about $275,000 in salary. To him that's fine, but to Adelaide, we pay the salary but you pay with a reduced trade. This should be simple enough if they have any common sense.

MrMahatma
08-10-2019, 10:38 AM
I like that we’re holding on to #13.

Will be very chuffed to get Keith and Bruce, and keep #13.

bulldogtragic
08-10-2019, 10:55 AM
Trade Radio:

Sam McClure: The Bulldogs will play hard ball now that Alex Keath has had surgery. I think he's gone from a second-round to a third-round pick.

#AFLTrade

Twodogs
08-10-2019, 11:29 AM
While we are all standing around patting each other on the back should we take time to think about whether we actually want a banged up 27 yo KPD? It's great that Adelaide pays for his surgery and all but what are the chances we are just investing in half a lemon instead of a whole one and that the back end of his 4 year contract is spent sitting in the medical rooms at Whitten Oval?

Mofra
08-10-2019, 11:54 AM
While we are all standing around patting each other on the back should we take time to think about whether we actually want a banged up 27 yo KPD? It's great that Adelaide pays for his surgery and all but what are the chances we are just investing in half a lemon instead of a whole one and that the back end of his 4 year contract is spent sitting in the medical rooms at Whitten Oval?
It's a bone injury, not a soft tissue injury. I'm comfortable with it.

Bulldog Revolution
08-10-2019, 11:56 AM

We want him - and I dont think he's a lemon

I'd be happy for our club to pay for his surgery, but Im not sure this plays well for the Crows - they encourage one of their players to keep playing with a leg fracture knowing they arent going to re-sign him and will be trading a player who will have no pre-season at their next club.

Im not sure this leads to Crows players and player managers trusting their medical advice.

The Adelaide Connection
08-10-2019, 11:56 AM
It's a bone injury, not a soft tissue injury. I'm comfortable with it.

I’ve heard they are going to give him a pint of Dale Morris’s blood. Will be running tomorrow. Likely to play forever.

bulldogtragic
08-10-2019, 12:05 PM
I’ve heard they are going to give him a pint of Dale Morris’s blood. Will be running tomorrow. Likely to play forever.

Dale is still rehabbing from his knee reco to get it right. I'd guess Dale will be in or around the rehab group with Alex Keath over summer. A couple of months spending a heap of time with Dale, is a silver lining for Keath and his ongoing development as a KPD.

Sedat
08-10-2019, 12:20 PM
Looks like Keathy George has done himself a mischief. Off to the sick bay for Keathy.

ratsmac
08-10-2019, 01:08 PM
I thought people just did that sort of shit when selling a car. Just put thick oil in so it doesn't blow smoke when someone comes to look at it. Adelaide are a disgrace!

Twodogs
08-10-2019, 01:10 PM
Looks like Keathy George has done himself a mischief. Off to the sick bay for Keathy.

That's as brutal a scene as has been shot.

For all it's comic book bravado Chopper had some well shot violence.

Now look what you've made me go and do

Doc26
08-10-2019, 03:05 PM
We want him - and I dont think he's a lemon

I'd be happy for our club to pay for his surgery, but Im not sure this plays well for the Crows - they encourage one of their players to keep playing with a leg fracture knowing they arent going to re-sign him and will be trading a player who will have no pre-season at their next club.

Im not sure this leads to Crows players and player managers trusting their medical advice.

Who’s paying for the surgery wouldn’t be the issue at hand. More the fact that he’s still a Crows contracted player until 31Oct and still under the Crows medical direction as to any surgical requirements until this time. I really doubt that it’s got anything thing to do with surgery costs. Worst case, insurance would cover most if not all of this. Our orthopaedic surgeons have previously and typically worked pro bono on surgical procedures anyway. It’s a tricky one, given our level of interest in Keath and his desire to leave. Our priority is to to get his leg sorted our way and before time, rather than having to hold out until after the trade is formalised.

Just part of the trade negotiations. In this case, we’re simply asking for a bit less to cover the costs of the roadworthy etc etc

dukedog
08-10-2019, 06:07 PM

Hahahahahaha lmao

Testekill
08-10-2019, 06:21 PM
I don't understand how two medical teams say he needs surgery, yet another one says he doesn't.

Adelaide is a cluster*!*!*!*! so that would explain it

Bulldog4life
09-10-2019, 10:38 AM
https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-trade-news-2019-alex-keath-western-bulldogs-deal-complex-trade-adelaide-contract-offer/news-story/0343f026e3491965669b698ece8918fd

Alex Keath’s move won’t be the biggest trade of 2019 — but it will be the most complex

Alex Keath wants to get to the Dogs. But it’s complicated.
Adelaide revised its mid-year contract offer for Alex Keath at the end of the season.
Whatever the Crows believed Keath was worth earlier on in the year, he no longer justified that figure at the completion of it.

Though there was still a two-year contract on the table — which could have seen the defender stay at West Lakes if he was desperate — the sheer size of it compared to a three-season deal from the Western Bulldogs (which includes a trigger for a fourth) made his decision to seek a trade relatively straightforward.

The Western Bulldogs were delighted to win his heart, but negotiations have not progressed as smoothly as Keath or either club would have liked.

This is primarily due to one reason, which is not abnormal at this time of the year: There is a stark discrepancy between the value the Dogs place on him compared to the Crows.

Adelaide, having elected to attack the draft and effectively hold a fire sale for many of its older brigade, wants maximum return for a player who was fourth in its best and fairest count after Round 13 and was best afield in a Round 8 Showdown victory.

“We rate Alex really highly and obviously he was looking for long-term security that the Bulldogs have been able to put on the table,” Crows list chief Justin Reid told Triple M on Tuesday.

But if the Crows rate him “really highly” and truly believe he’s worth an exchange for Pick 13 or one in the early 20s, why did they revise his financial terms so late in the piece?

Equally, if the Dogs are not willing to discuss Pick 13, why are they happy to offer him a deal until the end of 2023, assuming he meets his trigger for a fourth season? Only Lachie Hunter and Aaron Naughton are tied to Whitten Oval longer than Keath’s proposed tenure.

These are Reid’s and Bulldogs list boss Sam Power’s arguments in a nutshell.

And complicating Keath’s scenario are two factors. The first pits his age versus experience.

He will be 28 in January, which would normally allow clubs to assess a significant sample size of his talents before executing a trade. There may be a disagreement over the value of the player in the present, but runs on the board in the past would at least give club officials historical reference to fall back on.

Keath, having played for the Melbourne Stars and Victoria as a batting all-rounder until the late Phil Walsh convinced him to return to footy in 2016, has played just 30 senior games since debuting late in Adelaide’s Grand Final season of 2017. His value is as subjective as any player looking to move clubs in the trade period, including Jack Steven’s.

The second factor that makes Keath’s case more complex than your average trade deal concerns his durability.

Even though the left-footer played 18 senior matches in 2019, a stress-related injury late in the season eventually forced him to go under the knife and cancel a summer holiday.

The Crows decided to manage it rather than operate. And it was only when he underwent medicals at Whitten Oval and Moorabbin did it become apparent to those two clubs that an operation was required.

The prognosis has again shifted the goalposts in trade discussions. He will likely return to training around Christmas and steadily increase his workload ahead of a Round 1 debut for his new club.

But when and how he arrives at said new club remains to be seen.

According to list analysis used by club recruiters and list managers, the probability of drafting a player between selections 28 and 35 who goes on to play 100 or more games is 25 per cent.

By extension, if the Crows accepted Pick 32 for Keath, he would statistically be a one-in-four chance of completing his contract and getting close to the 100-match milestone. Obviously there are ample variables, but the general figures don’t lie.

For players selected between Picks 20 and 27, the likelihood of them reaching 100 games rises slightly to 30 per cent.

These are often highly-rated second-round draftees. Clubs haggle over the differences between selections 20 and 35 regularly. And even though there is an increased chance a player at Pick 20 will be more successful than one at Pick 35, it’s nowhere as significant as recruiters argue.

It’s unknown where the Crows threshold sits. If the Dogs — having told Keath he needed surgery — believe he’s worth no more than Pick 35 or even 45, how can the Crows convince them otherwise?

As reported by The Age on Tuesday, it appears unlikely St Kilda will be included in negotiations in the hope of a three-way trade that would include Josh Bruce moving to the Bulldogs.

This is where Reid and Power will make their money. The Crows don’t really want Keath. The Dogs absolutely want him. But between these two ambitions are a myriad of nuances that only calm heads and left-thinking football minds can work out.

Reid declared there was “a little bit of posturing” on Tuesday. But his following sentence revealed an underlying frustration with negotiations thus far.

“There is still a long way to go in regards to that negotiation.”

This one is going deep.

bornadog
09-10-2019, 01:12 PM
We received pick 32 for Adams

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EGZg6drU8AAU8vW?format=jpg&name=large

bulldogtragic
09-10-2019, 01:15 PM
Pick 32 last year, and Pick 46 this year (before compo) this year for Adams.

AshMac
10-10-2019, 09:17 AM
The surgery means little if the rest of him is cherry ripe IMO. He has shown he is a natural athlete.

Lessen the trade value and up the trigger for a 4th year and get it done Samuel!

bornadog
11-10-2019, 10:01 AM
According to Justin Reid (ADELAIDE), he hasn't had any discussions with Power to date.

bulldogtragic
11-10-2019, 10:12 AM
According to Justin Reid (ADELAIDE), he hasn't had any discussions with Power to date.

I think I'm going to start calling him 'Dodoro Jr.'

Mofra
11-10-2019, 10:14 AM
The Age reported Monday Adelaide already offered Keath and pick 23 for our pick 13, which we rejected.

bulldogtragic
11-10-2019, 10:17 AM
I think I'm going to start calling him 'Dodoro Jr.'

The Age reported Monday Adelaide already offered Keath and pick 23 for our pick 13, which we rejected.

Exactly. We've been constantly talking since we said, 'no surgery, no trade'. Dodoro Jr is full of shit.

The Adelaide Connection
11-10-2019, 10:54 AM
Exactly. We've been constantly talking since we said, 'no surgery, no trade'. Dodoro Jr is full of shit.

Is anyone really surprised that honesty is not a value that the Crows pride themselves on?

bulldogtragic
11-10-2019, 11:06 AM
Pick 32 last year, and Pick 46 this year (before compo) this year for Adams.

Delete.

bulldogtragic
12-10-2019, 04:16 PM
Sam Landsberger at the hun:

Cricket legend Shane Warne says Western Bulldogs trade target Alex Keath is made of the right stuff

Shane Warne says defender Alex Keath’s resilience to fightback from the worst night of his sporting career shows the Western Bulldogs-bound defender is made of the right stuff.

Keath — who will miss a chunk of his first pre-season at Whitten Oval after leg surgery — played under Warne at Melbourne Stars in the early seasons of the Big Bash League.

But the all-rounder had a forgettable night when Shaun Marsh blasted 27 runs off one over that flipped a semi-final in 2012-13 against Perth Scorchers, which the Stars eventually lost on the final ball.

“Either me or him were going to bowl that one over, and I decided to back ‘Keathy’ in,” Warne told the Sunday Herald Sun.

“It was a wet ball and I was like, ‘I should bowl this over, we’ve got one to make up … nah I’ll give it to Keathy, this’ll be good for him’.

“I saw how distraught and how upset and how disappointed he was with how the over went. “So I was interested to see how he responded from it, because some people go either way.

“And to see him playing footy now, he’s a really determined fella and he really cares.

“Watching him after that over I wanted to put my arm around him and say, ‘It’s OK — it happens, it’s all right’.

“And I just think he’s got it. He’s a really smart person in a sporting sense, I think he cares, he’s passionate about it, he’s a hard trainer and he can read the play really well.

“He’s a good thinker, so I think he’s a very good sportsman. The Dogs will be very happy to have him.”

Keath was 20 when Marsh carted him for five consecutive boundaries and two years later he was on the Crows’ list as a Category B rookie.

But while Marsh got hold of the Shepparton talent, few AFL forwards have been able to.

Keath, 27, has since played 30 promising games as an intercepting star and is certain to be traded before Wednesday’s 7.30pm deadline.

While Adelaide wanted to involve pick No.13 in the Keath trade, the Dogs are determined to take their first-round pick to next month’s national draft.

Keath knocked back interest from St Kilda and Hawthorn to choose the Dogs in a big boost, given the departures of Marcus Adams (Lions) and Dale Morris (retired).

Daughter of the West
12-10-2019, 05:23 PM
Sam Landsberger at the hun:

Cricket legend Shane Warne says Western Bulldogs trade target Alex Keath is made of the right stuff

Shane Warne says defender Alex Keath’s resilience to fightback from the worst night of his sporting career shows the Western Bulldogs-bound defender is made of the right stuff.

Keath — who will miss a chunk of his first pre-season at Whitten Oval after leg surgery — played under Warne at Melbourne Stars in the early seasons of the Big Bash League.

Have we missed the trade paperwork go through?? ;)

bulldogtragic
13-10-2019, 08:48 PM
I think it's time Alex do his part. Be the first caller to Justin Reid and quote the 'phrase that trades':

"Do the trade for bugger all now or in two hours I do an open press conference about every single *!*!*!*!ed up thing about the camp."

Hey presto, he's a Western Bulldogs player for a third rounder.

The Doctor
16-10-2019, 08:59 AM
Justin Reid would be well advised to make this happen. If He doesn't he will get a bad rap from player managers and I don't think the new regime at the Crows would want players & their managers being reluctant to deal with them. Keath is out of contract after all.

Mofra
16-10-2019, 09:20 AM
Get Bruce done, then both remaining 3rd rounders for Keath.

Keeping pick 13 plus getting Bruce and Keath is cartwheels territory. Outstanding trade period.

AshMac
16-10-2019, 09:20 AM
Justin Reid would be well advised to make this happen. If He doesn't he will get a bad rap from player managers and I don't think the new regime at the Crows would want players & their managers being reluctant to deal with them. Keath is out of contract after all.

They have paperwork on the table for him I thought - 3 years at $500k. That’s a fair reason to negotiate for him.

GVGjr
16-10-2019, 10:59 AM
Get Bruce done, then both remaining 3rd rounders for Keath.

Keeping pick 13 plus getting Bruce and Keath is cartwheels territory. Outstanding trade period.

Agreed, we were never going to be big players but that would be a great result

The Pie Man
16-10-2019, 02:10 PM
Getting a bit worried this one doesn't get done.

Will save the 'what a waste of time' diatribe until we do miss out, but it will come if we do.

bulldogtragic
16-10-2019, 02:12 PM

Will save the 'what a waste of time' diatribe until we do miss out, but it will come if we do.

It may already be done. No trades can be submitted until 3pm at the earliest.

The Pie Man
16-10-2019, 02:19 PM
It may already be done. No trades can be submitted until 3pm at the earliest.

True - though the signs aren't great (from AFL journos - so will bite my tongue for now)

Seems (again, according to said journos) that the Bruce deal is far more straight forward.

Bulldog4life
16-10-2019, 02:19 PM
Gold Coast will strongly consider selecting out of contract Adelaide defender Alex Keath if he slips through to the pre-season draft.
Foxfooty.com.au understands the Suns have discussed the possibility of luring the left-footer back to his first AFL club and are broadly in favour of the concept.

Rival clubs are aware of Gold Coast’s interest in the 27-year-old.

The pre-season draft, if it goes ahead, will be held on Friday November 29. It’s gone out of vogue in recent years with clubs using up their list spots via trades, rookie selections and the national draft.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-trade-period-2019-alex-keath-western-bulldogs-adelaide-gold-coast-preseason-draft/news-story/3839ce63eb6d6e7b51b96b674d5f48ed

AshMac
16-10-2019, 02:25 PM
Gold Coast will strongly consider selecting out of contract Adelaide defender Alex Keath if he slips through to the pre-season draft.
Foxfooty.com.au understands the Suns have discussed the possibility of luring the left-footer back to his first AFL club and are broadly in favour of the concept.

Rival clubs are aware of Gold Coast’s interest in the 27-year-old.

The pre-season draft, if it goes ahead, will be held on Friday November 29. It’s gone out of vogue in recent years with clubs using up their list spots via trades, rookie selections and the national draft.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-trade-period-2019-alex-keath-western-bulldogs-adelaide-gold-coast-preseason-draft/news-story/3839ce63eb6d6e7b51b96b674d5f48ed

This is actually fantastic for us. Adelaide can give him to us for a return or let him go to the PSD for nothing.

Happy Days
16-10-2019, 02:55 PM
This is actually fantastic for us. Adelaide can give him to us for a return or let him go to the PSD for nothing.

And probably hugely piss off Alex and the rest of their already combustable playing group in the process.

AshMac
16-10-2019, 02:56 PM
And probably hugely piss off Alex and the rest of their already combustable playing group in the process.

Let’s call that a fringe benefit 😁

Mofra
16-10-2019, 03:04 PM
I'd much rather us get him than have him walk. Consider upgrading future picks if need be.

Insufficient Intent
16-10-2019, 03:41 PM
I'd much rather us get him than have him walk. Consider upgrading future picks if need be.

Spot on Mofra. Let’s not try to be too clever. The easiest person to outsmart is often yourself.

Happy Days
16-10-2019, 03:45 PM

I agree. I meant it in a way to say that not facilitating the trade is probably the stupidest move the Crows can make right now.

KT31
16-10-2019, 03:47 PM

Disagree, we convince a player to pick us and then we don't manage to get him to the club.
Not good from any point of view.

GVGjr
16-10-2019, 03:55 PM

Confident it will go OK.

AshMac
16-10-2019, 04:19 PM
Disagree, we convince a player to pick us and then we don't manage to get him to the club.
Not good from any point of view.

There are two sides to every transaction. It isn’t the responsibility of the dogs to get the deal done - it’s the responsibility of both parties.

This trade period more than any other I can remember has demonstrated universal stubbornness around player value from the seller. Given his circumstances, we’ve placed a value on him and now the crows have a choice to make - something or nothing.

As for Keath himself - it isn’t his first choice, but I imagine he is relieved he has a fallback plan of playing for the suns. He’ll be pissed he didn’t nominate the saints and likely can fall back on the crows worst case.

bulldogtragic
16-10-2019, 04:56 PM
Dodoro Jr saying they're holding a line, and they'll bring him back into the club. Then asked if he's happy for Keath, who is uncontracted, to walk out for nothing didn't say he was. Just there's 3 hours to go.

bornadog
16-10-2019, 04:56 PM
Justin Reid says strategy wise, they are going to the draft. So I guess they want plenty of picks

Bulldog4life
16-10-2019, 05:08 PM
Dodoro Jr saying they're holding a line, and they'll bring him back into the club. Then asked if he's happy for Keath, who is uncontracted, to walk out for nothing didn't say he was. Just there's 3 hours to go.

Wouldn't be surprised if Keath deal done in last 5 minutes after we see off their bluff.

Mofra
16-10-2019, 05:12 PM
Wouldn't be surprised if Keath deal done in last 5 minutes after we see off their bluff.
I'm not sure they are bluffing given they will probably only have 6 list spots and have 5 picks from other players and trades.

Bulldog4life
16-10-2019, 05:13 PM
I'm not sure they are bluffing given they will probably only have 6 list spots and have 5 picks from other players and trades.

Time will tell.

Happy Days
16-10-2019, 05:16 PM
I swear if the first player to nominate us with other options on the table maybe ever doesn’t actually come across I’ll throw bricks.

bulldogtragic
16-10-2019, 05:26 PM
BlackSoul paying out on Dodoro Jr for the way he's handing the Keath negotiations.

lemmon
16-10-2019, 05:37 PM
Some talk that Gold Coast will re-draft Martin through the PSD, meaning Keath probably gets through to us...if it gets that far.

Funke disco
16-10-2019, 05:39 PM
Power needs to hold. If he bends over now he will bend over every other trade period from then on...LADS it's Adelaide

choconmientay
16-10-2019, 05:43 PM
Power needs to hold. If he bends over now he will bend over every other trade period from then on...LADS it's Adelaide

Double-edge sword isn't it? If we hold, the danger is that players will hesitate to nominate us in the future.

I swear if the first player to nominate us with other options on the table maybe ever doesn’t actually come across I’ll throw bricks.

I am more for ... working to advance the guys who were nominating us. We are not Essendon!

bornadog
16-10-2019, 05:56 PM
Alex Keath's manager Neil McMullin says his client won't be at Adelaide next year. If the Crows don't relent on trade demand he will go into the draft, they get nothing for him. "There is no way Alex will be at the Crows next year." The plot thickens.

bulldogtragic
16-10-2019, 06:19 PM
Alex Keath's manager Neil McMullin says his client won't be at Adelaide next year. If the Crows don't relent on trade demand he will go into the draft, they get nothing for him. "There is no way Alex will be at the Crows next year." The plot thickens.

Into the national draft he'd go. But if Adelaide started their 'new era' burning a clubman and burning themselves in the process. Best the have another 'new era' attempt next year some time.

That's music to our ears.

bulldogtragic
16-10-2019, 06:59 PM
Picks 45 & 53 to secure Keath.

Should be enough, when they can package them up for a 20’s Pick.

GVGjr
16-10-2019, 07:00 PM
Picks 45 & 53 to secure Keath.

Should be enough, when they can package them up for a 20’s Pick.

Yep, it should be enough but there might be something for next year

bulldogtragic
16-10-2019, 07:03 PM
Yep, it should be enough but there might be something for next year

I’d hope not, especially in the first three rounds. Those picks are = Pick 32. That’s fair value and almost certainly gets them into the 20’s with a points trade. If they knock that back after giving Betts & Jenkins away for nothing and paying part of both wages, they’re bigger idiots then I give them credit for.

Grantysghost
16-10-2019, 07:09 PM
I’d hope not, especially in the first three rounds. Those picks are = Pick 32. That’s fair value and almost certainly gets them into the 20’s with a points trade. If they knock that back after giving Betts & Jenkins away for nothing and paying part of both wages, they’re bigger idiots then I give them credit for.

Will our first rounder next year and a second be enough for Jamarra? I've heard there's a discount but I have no idea what that is.

bulldogtragic
16-10-2019, 07:11 PM
Will our first rounder next year and a second be enough for Jamarra? I've heard there's a discount but I have no idea what that is.

Probably not. The only pick would be a 4th small points or later (useless).

Happy Days
16-10-2019, 07:11 PM
This is officially the point at which I would break and offer next year's second and 45 for Keath. We have 12 months to figure out how to get a second back as well as the ability to go into deficit, and I can't see us taking the next step without Keath in the side.

All this talk of Adelaide playing this poorly but I don't think we're covering ourselves in glory sticking to the under-market offer for this long.

GVGjr
16-10-2019, 07:13 PM
This is officially the point at which I would break and offer next year's second and 45 for Keath. We have 12 months to figure out how to get a second back as well as the ability to go into deficit, and I can't see us taking the next step without Keath in the side.

All this talk of Adelaide playing this poorly but I don't think we're covering ourselves in glory sticking to the under-market offer for this long.

We must really value pick 13 this year because I'm sure we could get Keath and some extra 2020 currency in the 2nd and 3rd rounds coming back

1eyedog
16-10-2019, 07:13 PM

We've got an hour before we need to break.

kruder
16-10-2019, 07:22 PM
I recken it will be 13 & 45/53 for Keath & 23.

The bulldogs rarely have players nominating them, we will bend late.

bulldogtragic
16-10-2019, 07:24 PM
I recken it will be 13 & 45/53 for Keath & 23.

The bulldogs rarely have players nominating them, we will bend late.

That's what you think which is cool. But why would we give them any picks other than 13? Wouldn't the downgrade from 13 to 23 be enough.

Twodogs
16-10-2019, 07:25 PM

You might want to pop out the back for a bit brother. The next hour is going to be brutal.

kruder
16-10-2019, 07:26 PM
We must really value pick 13 this year because I'm sure we could get Keath and some extra 2020 currency in the 2nd and 3rd rounds coming back

Agree, there must be a single player that are 100% keen on/expect to get for sure if we don't deal it.

Or Bevo is still steaming...

kruder
16-10-2019, 07:28 PM
That's what you think which is cool. But why would we give them any picks other than 13? Wouldn't the downgrade from 13 to 23 be enough.

Whats 13-23 pick downgrade worth?

Why? We can be top 4 by adding a KPF and KPD in this years trade period.When have we added a KPF/KPD that can easily be best 22 in recent memory? We have more to loose there is no doubt about it.

bornadog
16-10-2019, 07:29 PM
Probably not. The only pick would be a 4th small points or later (useless).

BT would you give pick 45 from this year and a future from next? If so what pick?

bulldogtragic
16-10-2019, 07:33 PM
Whats 13-23 pick downgrade worth?

In the eye of the beholder.

The points gap isn't super huge (pick 40), but neither clubs are using points this year so the DVI isn't a real value of things. But bolting into another first rounder from the 20's for Adelaide is why they want it.

I hope like hell we don't give it.

bulldogtragic
16-10-2019, 07:45 PM
BT would you give pick 45 from this year and a future from next? If so what pick?

This is quick, so here goes:

Only a fourth rounder. It might only be something like 50 points.

A no to 1st, 2nd & 3rd rounders next year as a stand alone.

Adelaide have their futures 4th, GCS 3rd & 4th and Carlton's 4th (4 picks worth say 850 points). If we finish the same next year, then around 650 points would be our second and fourth rounders.

If they gave us all four futures, we are around 200 points ahead for next year. If we were happy with that, trade a future second, future fourth and pick 51.

2019: Picks 13 & 45 to the draft, and upgrade La Young.
2020: 1st, 3rd GCS, 3rd Dogs, 4th Adelaide, 4th GCS, 4th Carlton (6 picks)

Adelaide bundle late picks next year into a second and fourth rounder, and get a third rounder this year. So a 2nd, 3rd & 4th rounder for Keath and a cluster of late of late picks next year.

comrade
16-10-2019, 07:50 PM
Happy to give up a 3rd rounder next season and sort out the points during the 2020 trade season.

GVGjr
16-10-2019, 08:05 PM
Deal being done now

choconmientay
16-10-2019, 08:07 PM
Great

GVGjr
16-10-2019, 08:07 PM
Signed and sealed apparently

Grantysghost
16-10-2019, 08:08 PM
It's done. Yay Sam you star!

Grantysghost
16-10-2019, 08:10 PM
Keath and future third round for 45 and future second.

comrade
16-10-2019, 08:11 PM
Big Cahones Power :D

bulldogtragic
Pick 45 and exchange future 2nd/3rd (shouldn't be a huge points deficit).

Mantis
Great result!

Sam’s got some big balls.

GVGjr
16-10-2019, 08:12 PM
Keath and future third round for 45 and future second.

The Crows have extracted a but more than I expected but well done to Sam for getting the deal done

comrade
16-10-2019, 08:12 PM

Very happy with that. We can deal for some extra points during next year's trade period.

We just secured Keath and kept pick 13 for what looks like a small points downgrade next year. Huge result.

whythelongface
16-10-2019, 08:13 PM
Fantastic result. Well done Sam

Grantysghost
16-10-2019, 08:14 PM
And Sam we all loved you as a player too :cool:

The Pie Man
16-10-2019, 08:14 PM
Damn Sam, you’re alright

BornInDroopSt'54
16-10-2019, 08:15 PM
Pick 13 is not going to be involved. A player who is comparable to Adams, although he is worth more to us should not involve 13. Free agent FFS.

Remi Moses
16-10-2019, 08:16 PM
Excellent piece of business
Sam Power’s best season ?

Bumper Bulldogs
16-10-2019, 08:16 PM
Extremely good result. Now our first rounder for Isaac Smith or Martin ��

BornInDroopSt'54
16-10-2019, 08:17 PM
Extremely good result. Now our first rounder for Isaac Smith or Martin ��
Dare to dream, dare to win.

AshMac
16-10-2019, 08:17 PM

you happy with this?

Say we finish 6th and Crows 9th - what does this mean points wise?

BornInDroopSt'54
16-10-2019, 08:19 PM
Sam Power, man of titanium!

divvydan
16-10-2019, 08:22 PM
you happy with this?

Before free agency pushing picks back it would mean pick 32 for pick 45 or thereabouts.

The Doctor
16-10-2019, 08:23 PM
fantastic deal.well done Slammin Sam

Twodogs
16-10-2019, 08:27 PM
I'm a lot happier with the Hamling trade now!

bulldogtragic
16-10-2019, 08:28 PM
you happy with this?

I'm happy with this. I don't think they'll finish that high, they're due for a 'development year'. Say we finish top 5, they finish bottom. The gap of points could be around losing a pick in the low 60's.

A few fringe players traded next year will cover that. I think we should be very happy tonight.

dadsgirl16
16-10-2019, 08:31 PM
Happy as in bandit type stuff??

Twodogs
16-10-2019, 08:40 PM

Mexican bandit territory!

bulldogtragic
16-10-2019, 08:43 PM

Pre: 13, 32, 45, 51, 53, 89
Now: 13, 53, 89 - So 32, 45 & 51 bought Keath & Bruce.

Banditos! Tequila and mission corn chips and all! :D

Twodogs
16-10-2019, 08:50 PM

Buh bup buppa buppa bah bah. Buh bup buppa buppa bah pah!

Topdog
16-10-2019, 08:52 PM
Adelaide just lost 6 players, 5 of which are best 25. They could be in for a long season.

GVGjr
16-10-2019, 08:53 PM
Adelaide just lost 6 players, 5 of which are best 25. They could be in for a long season.

And we are banking on it

bulldogtragic
16-10-2019, 08:57 PM
And we are banking on it

I don't bet. But that's as safe a bet as you could take on a futures swap.

Happy Days
16-10-2019, 09:07 PM
Outstanding result. You're a braver man than me Sam.

strebla
16-10-2019, 09:08 PM
Didn't want to trade any of next years picks but unless the crows surprise everyone this is an esculent result. Well done spammy you always were my fave Power !!!!!

ratsmac
16-10-2019, 09:09 PM
That is just too good. Sam Power take a bow! We probably knew all along we would need a sweetener and in the end it was not much. We have a really good player join the kennel in the area of the ground we needed to sure up. Diddo for Bruce. We have no excuse not to be serious contenders next year.

Mofra
16-10-2019, 09:50 PM
Next year's pick downgrade is likely from the 30s into the 40s, we keep pick 13 and get two genuine bookends we sorely needed.

Outstanding trade period.

BornInDroopSt'54
16-10-2019, 11:20 PM
I am over the moon. Shades of St Kilda when they recruited Gehrig and Aaron Hamill.
Except we will go further than their 2001 team. I have never been so optimistic.

macca
16-10-2019, 11:50 PM

If we get total of 200 games out of them for picks 32,45 & 51 it will be a brilliant return

KPD in their prime, proven players . Keith on the recovery path next year
We won’t need to put much development into them
Well done Sam

1eyedog
16-10-2019, 11:55 PM
Two pieces of the missing puzzle. They will be huge inclusions.

bulldogtragic
16-10-2019, 11:56 PM
If we get total of 200 games out of them for picks 32,45 & 51 it will be a brilliant return

KPD in their prime, proven players . Keith on the recovery path next year
We won’t need to put much development into them
Well done Sam

And serious competition for KPD spots. Keath when fit is probably first picked. JT & Young fighting for FB. Wood & Cordy fighting for third tall. The extra competition makes us better immediately too.

AshMac
17-10-2019, 08:41 AM
Question for those who followed Keaths season - is he a lock down defender or a loose interceptor?

Who goes to Tom Hawkins (at first bounce) next year?

dog town
17-10-2019, 09:05 AM
Question for those who followed Keaths season - is he a lock down defender or a loose interceptor?

Who goes to Tom Hawkins (at first bounce) next year? He can play 1 on 1 but more comfortable intercepting. Will suit our style if we don’t make major changes to it.

Bulldog4life
17-10-2019, 12:12 PM
Great to get Keathy. Great work Sammy. Plus you made Adelaide pay for his operation. Love it.

Ghost Dog
02-09-2021, 10:08 PM
Had 4 goals kicked on him since round 12...... all hail the chief.

bulldogtragic
02-09-2021, 10:15 PM

If Daniel hasn’t have mouthed off at the umpire when Ben King hit the post, but then goaled, that would be three goals since Round 12.

Amazing performance full stop. But amazing since he came across as one of the leagues best intercepting defenders, not the one on one on the gorillas.

I’d go as far as to say that he’s our most important player.

Dry Rot
02-09-2021, 10:21 PM
Looks angry all the time, no matter what is happening.

I like that.

EasternWest
02-09-2021, 10:22 PM
Looks angry all the time, no matter what is happening.

I like that.

"Resting PE Teacher" face.

jeemak
02-09-2021, 11:03 PM
"Resting PE Teacher" face.

How's the messaging from an article today/ yesterday:

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/sun-sets-bulldogs-ready-to-embrace-brisbane-s-night-lights-20210831-p58ndi.html

“I don’t think we have completely brushed that aside, but it was good to play some strong footy against Essendon, who are a really dangerous side … it was a really pleasing performance to screw our guts up a bit, get through a game like that, and get a really pleasing win.”

If that isn't RPETF versing I don't know what is.

EasternWest
02-09-2021, 11:05 PM
If that isn't RPETF versing I don't know what is.

Well I don't know what that is, so I don't know what that is.

jeemak
02-09-2021, 11:07 PM
Well I don't know what that is, so I don't know what that is.

Resting PE Teacher Face.

Maybe I had a particularly grim PE teacher. Which I did, he would say things like that. Once I tackled him in soccer, which as a smaller man he fancied himself as quite proficient at, and sans shin pads after I stripped him of the ball he turned around and kicked my leg from underneath me. Caught me on the front/ side of the lower leg right where it hurts the most.

I told him, audibly and in front of everyone that he was an effencee and I'll never forget what he said to me. He told me that's the type of thing his daughter says to him when he hits her. And that's not the weirdest bit about that statement and what it actually meant with more context, but I can't bring myself to disclose what the weirdest thing actually is.

EasternWest
02-09-2021, 11:09 PM
Resting PE Teacher Face.

Far out it was right there in front of me. I am slipping.

jeemak
02-09-2021, 11:15 PM
Far out it was right there in front of me. I am slipping.

You're spinning a lot of plates, be kind to yourself.

EasternWest
02-09-2021, 11:19 PM
You're spinning a lot of plates, be kind to yourself.

Thankyou Kanye very cool

Ghost Dog
02-09-2021, 11:45 PM
Resting PE Teacher Face.

Maybe I had a particularly grim PE teacher. Which I did, he would say things like that. Once I tackled him in soccer, which as a smaller man he fancied himself as quite proficient at, and sans shin pads after I stripped him of the ball he turned around and kicked my leg from underneath me. Caught me on the front/ side of the lower leg right where it hurts the most.

I told him, audibly and in front of everyone that he was an effencee and I'll never forget what he said to me. He told me that's the type of thing his daughter says to him when he hits her. And that's not the weirdest bit about that statement and what it actually meant with more context, but I can't bring myself to disclose what the weirdest thing actually is.

ee gads....those were the golden days of eduction.

Lloordoo giving Keath kudos for an outstanding season (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCuDWsKGz2I). Poor Ross having problems remembering who Brisvegas are playing.

Twodogs
03-09-2021, 01:38 AM
Resting PE Teacher Face.

In the staff/student footy match in 1982' I was having a bit of a day out. Kicked 3 in the first 10 minutes and out marked the year 12 co-ordinator twice. He sidled up alongside me and said "you go near that *!*!*!*!ing ball again and it's the last thing you'll do today" when the ball came toward us I took a hanger over him in the goal square. Then I heard the words "smart arse little *!*!*!*!" and the lights went out! I came to thinking how nice and squarely I fitted inside the goalsquare. The prick had king hit me so hard from behind that he'd knocked me unconscious.

Mr Weatherby was the PE teacher, played a few games for Werribee in the old VFA second divvy but his brother was a better player. He was a nice guy for a st Kilda supporter.

boydogs
03-09-2021, 01:47 AM

That's a great record against some big names. Stick him on Daniher this week and we're half way there. Charlie Cameron is the other half

jeemak
03-09-2021, 02:02 AM
In the staff/student footy match in 1982' I was having a bit of a day out. Kicked 3 in the first 10 minutes and out marked the year 12 co-ordinator twice. He sidled up alongside me and said "you go near that *!*!*!*!ing ball again and it's the last thing you'll do today" when the ball came toward us I took a hanger over him in the goal square. Then I heard the words "smart arse little *!*!*!*!" and the lights went out! I came to thinking how nice and squarely I fitted inside the goalsquare. The prick had king hit me so hard from behind that he'd knocked me unconscious.

Mr Weatherby was the PE teacher, played a few games for Werribee in the old VFA second divvy but his brother was a better player. He was a nice guy for a st Kilda supporter.

That's completely nuts, but aligns with my story pretty well. The craziness of PE teachers of the 70s to 90s could be a thread of it's own and if we keep this up either Axe or BAD will tell us that it needs to be!

So anyway for context, when I said my PE teacher after kicking me, injuring me and being told he's a *!*!*!*!ing *!*!*!*! for it, got really weird and said to me that's the type of thing his daughter says to him when he hits her.

Everyone knew at the time his daughter was a little person.

He apparently went on to become a DVP/ VP and then a P.

EasternWest
03-09-2021, 06:19 AM
that's completely nuts, but aligns with my story pretty well. The craziness of pe teachers of the 70s to 90s could be a thread of it's own and if we keep this up either axe or bad will tell us that it needs to be!

So anyway for context, when i said my pe teacher after kicking me, injuring me and being told he's a *!*!*!*!ing *!*!*!*! For it, got really weird and said to me that's the type of thing his daughter says to him when he hits her.

He apparently went on to become a dvp/ vp and then a p.

wtf.

Hotdog60
03-09-2021, 08:24 AM
Not sports related but when I was in grade 6 primary school this kid and I were have a little bit of a push and shove disagreement in the play ground and we got sprung by the PE teacher.
He promptly grabbed both of us took us to an area away from the other kids and told us to sort it out.
This other kid and I then sorted it out for the next 5 mins until the PE teacher called the blood rule.
I can say that I never had another altercation for the rest of my school life and the kid I fought never had words again either.
Times were different then.

1eyedog
03-09-2021, 09:27 AM
Not sports related but when I was in grade 6 primary school this kid and I were have a little bit of a push and shove disagreement in the play ground and we got sprung by the PE teacher.
He promptly grabbed both of us took us to an area away from the other kids and told us to sort it out.
This other kid and I then sorted it out for the next 5 mins until the PE teacher called the blood rule.
I can say that I never had another altercation for the rest of my school life and the kid I fought never had words again either.

My school PE teacher at Newtown Primary School in Geelong was ex-Geelong CHF Stephen Reynoldson. Renno was a great teacher and thought it was fantastic that I always wore my Footscray woollen jumper to school everyday. Every class photo from grade 3 to grade 6 had me with my long-sleeved retro dogs jumper on. The only kid at school who supported the Dogs and man were we pretty shit back then. I think I had his respect for that as he used to give me a fair bit of his time. He used to get his Geelong mates to come down to the school for PE sessions, Ray Card, Paul Jeffries and Michael and Nigel Kol came down together as well. It was ok because I got them all to sign my footy cards.

He let me and Jason Cordello go at it in the shelter shed after school one day and only stopped the slaughter when I managed to sit on Jason and started some ground and pound. I hated Geelong FC with a passion and my hatred is very deep seeded but I really liked Renno. He spent a lot of time with me helping me with my footy skills.

His lessons, including the shelter shed fiasco, were invaluable.

Speaking of hard nuts having at it somehow in the early 2000s a very skinny looking Mark Yeates somehow found his way into my mate's shed for beers and pool every weekend. I'm seriously 5cm taller and was at least 20kg heavier than him and he just looked so scrawny. Unbelievable what he did that day. He was a good guy as well but I never once talked about footy with him. I wish I had.

hujsh
03-09-2021, 09:55 AM
ee gads....those were the golden days of eduction.

Lloordoo giving Keath kudos for an outstanding season (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCuDWsKGz2I). Poor Ross having problems remembering who Brisvegas are playing.

I'd appreciate never hearing him say Danni-har again

EasternWest
03-09-2021, 10:00 AM
My school PE teacher at Newtown Primary School in Geelong was ex-Geelong CHF Stephen Reynoldson. Renno was a great teacher and thought it was fantastic that I always wore my Footscray woollen jumper to school everyday. Every class photo from grade 3 to grade 6 had me with my long-sleeved retro dogs jumper on. The only kid at school who supported the Dogs and man were we pretty shit back then. I think I had his respect for that as he used to give me a fair bit of his time. He used to get his Geelong mates to come down to the school for PE sessions, Ray Card, Paul Jeffries and Michael and Nigel Kol came down together as well. It was ok because I got them all to sign my footy cards.

He let me and Jason Cordello go at it in the shelter shed after school one day and only stopped the slaughter when I managed to sit on Jason and started some ground and pound. I hated Geelong FC with a passion and my hatred is very deep seeded but I really liked Renno. He spent a lot of time with me helping me with my footy skills.

Speaking of hard nuts having at it somehow in the early 2000s a very skinny looking Mark Yeates somehow found his way into my mate's shed for beers and pool every weekend. I'm seriously 5cm taller and was at least 20kg heavier than him and he just looked so scrawny. Unbelievable what he did that day. He was a good guy as well but I never once talked about footy with him. I wish I had.

I bet Jason Cordello had it coming to him though.

bornadog
03-09-2021, 10:02 AM
That's completely nuts, but aligns with my story pretty well. The craziness of PE teachers of the 70s to 90s could be a thread of it's own and if we keep this up either Axe or BAD will tell us that it needs to be!

So anyway for context, when I said my PE teacher after kicking me, injuring me and being told he's a *!*!*!*!ing *!*!*!*! for it, got really weird and said to me that's the type of thing his daughter says to him when he hits her.

Love these stories.

Axe Man
03-09-2021, 10:27 AM
I feel like I missed out by not attending some sort of Dickensian school with sadistic PE teachers.

bornadog
03-09-2021, 10:38 AM
I feel like I missed out by not attending some sort of Dickensian school with sadistic PE teachers.

One of our early PE teachers was an ex Olympian ( Bill Earle) and he really pushed us to do athletics, which most kids hated and just wanted to play footy. He was your angry PE teacher and never ever smiled.

The girls had a stunning PE teacher that made us all drool in year 8.

EasternWest
03-09-2021, 10:39 AM

I remember the girls challenged the boys to a soccer game. We were smashing them 9-0 and I was goalie - just a total impassable wall. I laughed at their puny attempts on goal.

Then Mr Waugh stepped up to the plate to even things up for the girls. I have clear memories of him blasting the ball and watching its trajectory thinking "that's going to hit me in the face".

I have less clear memories after that.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
03-09-2021, 10:45 AM
I remember the girls challenged the boys to a soccer game. We were smashing them 9-0 and I was goalie - just a total impassable wall. I laughed at their puny attempts on goal.

Then Mr Waugh stepped up to the plate to even things up for the girls. I have clear memories of him blasting the ball and watching it's trajectory thinking "that's going to hit me in the face".

I have less clear memories after that.

This might explain a lot...

1eyedog
03-09-2021, 10:51 AM
I bet Jason Cordello had it coming to him though.

Bullied me for two years he's lucky Renno pulled me off him.

Axe Man
03-09-2021, 10:51 AM

Despite the facial trauma EW is still a fine looking man.

https://i.postimg.cc/52YBTFjF/sloth.jpg (https://postimages.org/)

EasternWest
03-09-2021, 10:58 AM

Accurate.

Bullied me for two years he's lucky Renno pulled me off him.

I've got such a justice boner right now.

Disturbingly accurate.

Hey you guys.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
03-09-2021, 11:17 AM

Stupid Sexy EW

bornadog
03-09-2021, 11:22 AM
Stupid Sexy EW

I heard that is inaccurate and he gives Wood a run for his money

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
03-09-2021, 11:25 AM
I heard that is inaccurate and he gives Wood a run for his money

Maye but that soccerball to the face, from close range, might add more credence to the photo of Chonk above.

bornadog
03-09-2021, 11:26 AM
Maye but that soccerball to the face, from close range, might add more credence to the photo of Chonk above.

That was taken before the plastic surgery :D

Twodogs
03-09-2021, 11:53 AM

The old "You need to stop now, he's had enough" huh?

Twodogs
03-09-2021, 12:00 PM

Jesus H. Christ! That is a *!*!*!*!ing weird thing to say. I'd have waited a few years and then thumped him.

Ozza
03-09-2021, 12:23 PM
Crazy PE teacher stories....geez.

Hayden Kennedy was one of our PE teachers. Reasonably over qualified to umpire school PE footy matches.

Jeanette54
03-09-2021, 12:58 PM
Crazy PE teacher stories....geez.

I remember sitting in class, and watching our first form PE teacher getting his bum kicked on a tennis court by our music teacher. Very little attention was paid to the lesson taking place in the classroom beside the tennis court, while the battle raged.

Mrs. O was a pretty fair player in the local tennis comp, and in spite of being hampered by her high heels, managed to run him ragged around the court. I would say his credibility also took a fair beating that day.

Hotdog60
03-09-2021, 01:11 PM
The old "You need to stop now, he's had enough" huh?

All I can remember was a lot of flailing arms and may be one lucky hit. No technique involved and I'm surprised we didn't get detention for not doing it right.

Twodogs
03-09-2021, 01:42 PM
All I can remember was a lot of flailing arms and may be one lucky hit. No technique involved and I'm surprised we didn't get detention for not doing it right.

I was talking to an old high school friend on messenger the other day. He mentioned a name and I said that I didn't recall it. He said "then I suppose you've forgotten that we had to drag you off him one night after school or you would have killed him?"

Mofra
03-09-2021, 02:51 PM
Meh.

As a goalie - Lacrosse ball to the box (and the game being stopped for 5 minutes) > soccer ball to the face.

True story

EasternWest
03-09-2021, 03:28 PM
Meh.

As a goalie - Lacrosse ball to the box (and the game being stopped for 5 minutes) > soccer ball to the face.

True story

True, but the score was still 9-0.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
03-09-2021, 03:38 PM

So take that PE teacher! You sure showed him and all those girls....

Axe Man
03-09-2021, 03:50 PM
Timely meme I just received:

https://i.postimg.cc/rscTpCcH/IMG-7684.jpg (https://postimg.cc/tZrwS6sd)

bornadog
03-09-2021, 05:51 PM
This was the girls PE teacher

https://scontent-syd2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t31.18172-8/56142_159758980721715_6984167_o.jpg?_nc_cat=105&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=cdbe9c&_nc_ohc=FNzadGg4G4kAX_zlOOh&tn=mS-1W-aPZgAcXIw1&_nc_ht=scontent-syd2-1.xx&oh=611bcbec132b57d6f18b5fc8602cd5a1&oe=6159435A

jeemak
03-09-2021, 06:00 PM
Hahaha, the caption is just sooooo of its time!

Axe Man
03-09-2021, 06:10 PM
This was the girls PE teacher

https://scontent-syd2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t31.18172-8/56142_159758980721715_6984167_o.jpg?_nc_cat=105&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=cdbe9c&_nc_ohc=FNzadGg4G4kAX_zlOOh&tn=mS-1W-aPZgAcXIw1&_nc_ht=scontent-syd2-1.xx&oh=611bcbec132b57d6f18b5fc8602cd5a1&oe=6159435A

Is that from your personal newspaper clippings BAD?

bornadog
03-09-2021, 06:10 PM
Is that from your personal newspaper clippings BAD?

My scrap book :D

Twodogs
03-09-2021, 07:03 PM

I was captain of the senior boys cricket team. We lost to the intermediate girls.

To be fair they were the Victorian champions and we weren't.

Twodogs
03-09-2021, 07:38 PM
Just saw on the news that the older brother of a guy I was at school with has just been jailed for 14 years for robbing a security van in Richmond in the '80s. The younger brother (the one who's year level I was in) kicked 145 odd goals for Yarraville boys* in the early '80s. Basically everyone was too scared to go near him during games!

*Playing at the ground where Yarraville nets are.

EasternWest
03-09-2021, 09:16 PM
So take that PE teacher! You sure showed him and all those girls....

Thank you for seeing it my way.

bornadog
03-09-2021, 11:45 PM
Just saw on the news that the older brother of a guy I was at school with has just been jailed for 14 years for robbing a security van in Richmond in the '80s. The younger brother (the one who's year level I was in) kicked 145 odd goals for Yarraville boys* in the early '80s. Basically everyone was too scared to go near him during games!

*Playing at the ground where Yarraville nets are.

That robbery was 1994

Twodogs
04-09-2021, 01:29 AM
That robbery was 1994

Yeah you're right. I had it in my head that it was in 1987 for some reason.

bornadog
04-09-2021, 11:43 AM
Yeah you're right. I had it in my head that it was in 1987 for some reason.

Two and an half million - wow that was daring.

Twodogs
04-09-2021, 01:20 PM
Two and an half million - wow that was daring.

And the last car through their fake roadworks before they stopped the security van was a marked police car. It must have made them think twice.

I'm pretty sure that all three brothers, Pat, Joey and I can't remember the name of the other one were all Australian kickboxing title holders. One may have been World Champ.

bornadog
04-09-2021, 02:33 PM
And the last car through their fake roadworks before they stopped the security van was a marked police car. It must have made them think twice.

I'm pretty sure that all three brothers, Pat, Joey and I can't remember the name of the other one were all Australian kickboxing title holders. One may have been World Champ.

Pasquale looks pretty mean

https://imageresizer.static9.net.au/IGDqYw5jI7HfHRDtyplW13Y-b5c=/179x79:1412x772/500x0/https%3A%2F%2Fprod.static9.net.au%2Ffs%2Fba2d888e-697b-4137-b1bd-726758f2399e

When I was working in Taiwan in the 90s helping expand and build a supermarket chain (we got to 200 stores while I was there), I was pretty friendly with the head of the armoured car CEO ( A brit from Jardine Group, which we were also a part of )- they also did our money pickup from stores. There was a robbery of a vehicle and after some investigation, it was found the driver faked it by stabbing himself in the leg and saying he was held up - it was dumb stuff.

Bulldog Revolution
05-09-2021, 12:17 AM
And there I was thinking this thread would have been hailing a Keath finals performance

The Underdog
05-09-2021, 12:19 AM
I love Alex, he may be my favourite recruit from another team ever. But we learnt tonight why he’s not a full forward.

macca
05-09-2021, 01:09 AM
I like the Chief title.

His been an awesome pickup.

Important for our spine.

Hope he gets to a 100 games for us, it be an important milestone, so we can qualify for father/son/daughter.

Daniher has done nothing for someone who has been paid so much in his career. Hope it continues his empty cabinet.

MrMahatma
05-09-2021, 01:10 AM
He’s the man.

Happy Days
05-09-2021, 01:16 AM
Al is a jet as I’ve been telling all of you for a few years. Smoked Daniher tonight and gets his bunny next week.

The bulldog tragician
05-09-2021, 01:17 AM
Daniher just 6 touches and 1 miserable goal - The Chief rules again

A thrashing.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
05-09-2021, 01:25 AM
I love this miserable son of a bitch!

angelopetraglia
05-09-2021, 01:37 AM
Keath. What an import he has been. Just enormous again.

KT31
05-09-2021, 01:43 AM
Absolutely brilliant again tonight, kicking a goal on him is harder than trying to get my tight @ss brother to get a shout at the boozer.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
05-09-2021, 01:49 AM
The grumpiest man in football. What a ripper!

The bulldog tragician
05-09-2021, 02:15 AM
I’ve only seen him speak once. He was gentle and well spoken. But his resting game day face is something else

Testekill
05-09-2021, 09:31 PM
I'm sure Chief is quite friendly and charming off the field but he looks like the most miserable bastard on the field. Love just how good he is as a stopper, the talk was always that he was mostly an interceptor.

comrade
05-09-2021, 09:33 PM
I'm sure Chief is quite friendly and charming off the field but he looks like the most miserable bastard on the field. Love just how good he is as a stopper, the talk was always that he was mostly an interceptor.

Love the Chief, what a pick up he's been.

Ghost Dog
05-09-2021, 09:36 PM
Typifies a dour defender. Put him in a cloak, he could be standing on the wall in game of thrones.