PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to the Westernbulldogs Alex Keath

bornadog
16-10-2019, 08:13 PM
You Beauty
https://s.afl.com.au/staticfile/AFL%20Tenant/WesternBulldogs/Hero/2017_HERO/2019Trade-Social-AK-940x599-ART.jpg

Key defender Alex Keath has joined the Western Bulldogs in the final 30 minutes of the 2019 Telstra AFL Trade Period.

The 27-year-old has been secured in a trade with the Adelaide Crows, which saw Keath and Adelaide’s future third round selection come to Whitten Oval, in exchange for the Bulldogs’ pick 45 in the 2019 NAB AFL Draft, and their future second round selection.

Keath becomes the Bulldogs’ second recruit during the 2019 Trade Period, joining key forward Josh Bruce at VU Whitten Oval for the 2020 season.

He has committed to a three-year deal, which will see him don the red, white and blue until the end of 2022.

General Manager of List and Recruiting, Sam Power, said Keath would bolster the Bulldogs at the defensive end of the ground.

“Alex will be a welcome addition to our back line as a key position player,” Power said.

“He had a strong finish to 2018 and carried that through into 2019 where he established himself as a regular at AFL level.

“Alex is someone who reads the play well and is good in the air. He is courageous, good in the contest and someone who helps his teammates on the field.

“As someone who came into the AFL system late, we feel that Alex has plenty of football ahead of him and that his best is still to come.”

Keath had a breakout year in 2019, playing 18 matches and finishing ninth in the Crows’ best and fairest.

The former professional cricketer has played 30 AFL games across his three seasons at the level.

kruder
16-10-2019, 08:15 PM
Well done Sam Power great effort. Welcome Keathy!

Bumper Bulldogs
16-10-2019, 08:17 PM
Welcome to the power house Alex

Bulldog Revolution
16-10-2019, 08:18 PM
Great to have you on board Alex!

anfo27
16-10-2019, 08:21 PM
Great result! Well done to Sam Power. A million times better than JMac!

KT31
16-10-2019, 08:23 PM
Excellent get, welcome to the Doggies Keathy.

Eastdog
16-10-2019, 08:24 PM
Welcome to the Dogs Alex!

SquirrelGrip
16-10-2019, 08:31 PM
Welcome on board Keef!

Testekill
16-10-2019, 08:53 PM
That's why you never buy into posturing over an uncontracted player

bornadog
16-10-2019, 09:04 PM
Some highlights

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzFmCKaTW1s

1eyedog
16-10-2019, 09:22 PM
Love him. Makes the right decisions. And is brave under the ball.

The bulldog tragician
16-10-2019, 09:37 PM
Since Matthew Boyd retired we’ve needed another ‘Keith.’ Welcome.

S Coast Simon
16-10-2019, 09:53 PM
Gee he moves well for a big fella. Love your work mr Power and team. Great get

Mofra
16-10-2019, 10:00 PM
Elite interceptor.

And we have the no 1 & 4 contested marks in the competition up forward now. Combined with our tall midfield, that's a hell of a lot of marking power around the ground.

The Doctor
17-10-2019, 10:04 AM
Great to have such a talented KP player in our back half. Welcome to the Kennel.

The Adelaide Connection
17-10-2019, 10:38 PM
I really hope that they nickname him “Boydy”.

merantau
18-10-2019, 01:23 PM
Welcome Alex. Have a great career with us.

bulldogtragic
18-10-2019, 04:09 PM
Afel.com.au

BEING wanted by the Western Bulldogs was a major reason key defender Alex Keath took up their offer and left Adelaide.

AFL.com.au reported last month the Dogs' offer was far more significant than that offered by the Crows.

Adelaide sought to rejuvenate its list after two disappointing seasons following the Grand Final berth in 2017.

Keath, 27, told reporters he "felt really wanted" by the Bulldogs.

"Adelaide are obviously looking to get a little bit younger, the Bulldogs on the flipside were maybe looking to add some experience, so that was where the opportunity lay for me," Keath said.

"I felt really wanted with the Bulldogs, so it was a great opportunity to get here and obviously very happy that the trade got done."

Keath initially went to South Australia to see if he could continue his cricket career after seven first-class games for Victoria, but when that didn't work out as planned he joined the Crows as a Category B rookie in 2015 after having previously been part of the original Gold Coast squad.

He shot to prominence this season, winning the Showdown Medal in just the 20th game of his career.

"Initially I was moving over there to see if I could rekindle my floundering cricket career, but that didn't work out," Keath said.

"I was lucky enough to get a position on the rookie list and do some training and see how it went.

"I'm very grateful to Adelaide for the opportunity they gave me and I wish them well in the future, but now I'm extremely excited to be at the Bulldogs and just very grateful to be wanted by a good club in a good position with the youth they've got and exciting talent."

Negotiations went late, with the Dogs giving up pick No.45 and a second-round selection in next year's NAB AFL Draft, while also receiving a future third-round selection.

Alex Keath
DISPOSALS
ELITE

MARKS
ABOVE AVG

CONTESTED POSSESSIONS
ELITE

MARKS FROM OPPOSITION
ELITE

His limited exposed form made it tough to determine his value, along with lower leg surgery that the Crows initially thought Keath could recover from without needing to go under the knife.

"Obviously it was timely and I needed to get it right, because with a potential trade coming up, it was important to make sure that my ankles were in the best possible condition going forward," Keath said.

"The Crows were fantastic and, at the end of the day, I was contracted to Adelaide, so it's an Adelaide decision to have the surgery done and all parties were happy.

"There was a possibility I might have had to walk back to Adelaide, so if that was the case, then they were very comfortable with the surgery."

Keath expects to join the main group early in 2020.

"Hopefully just after Christmas I'll be back in full training," he said.

bornadog
18-10-2019, 04:23 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVd8YCVHlRI

KT31
18-10-2019, 04:24 PM
Great to have Alex on board, remember years back in his draft year a few Woofers in the know were very keen on him.

bornadog
18-10-2019, 04:38 PM
I like this bit:

Western Bulldogs recruit Alex Keath expects to begin full training after Christmas as he recovers from a lower leg injury that required post-season surgery.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EHIQclCX4AAKw8V?format=jpg&name=medium

Twodogs
18-10-2019, 06:26 PM
Seen a fair amount of football from that position BAD. Facing the right direction though.

Hotdog60
19-10-2019, 08:28 AM
Seen a fair amount of football from that position BAD. Facing the right direction though.

Yep although I was more to the right at CHF on the fence.

Axe Man
11-02-2020, 11:50 AM
BULLDOGS OPPORTUNITY ONE KEATH "COULDN'T REFUSE" (https://www.sen.com.au/news/2020/02/09/bulldogs-opportunity-one-keath-couldnt-refuse/)

Western Bulldogs star recruit Alex Keath is expecting to be ready to go for Round 1, following ankle surgery over the summer.

The 28-year-old needed an operation to repair the injury following his trade period move from the Crows, but he is on track to be at full fitness come the start of the season.

“I’m getting back into some training and taking part in some match simulation now and getting towards the goal of taking part in the practice games,” Keath told SEN SA Breakfast.

“The ankle is going well, plenty of rehab over the summer.

“It’s been pretty smooth the rehab process, obviously after the surgery I was pretty sore and sorry for myself, but since then I’ve been progressing pretty nicely.

“I’m settling into the new club now and it is nice to have some fresh ideas and a fresh start.

“I’m really enjoying it over here and looking forward to the season.”

Keath said the opportunities the Bulldogs laid in front of him were too good to knock back.

“There were a few factors, but the opportunity that was given to me at the Dogs was one I couldn’t refuse and a really good challenge for me to take on,” he said.

“That was definitely attractive and the Crows were probably looking to go in a different direction and get a bit younger and weighing up from the club’s perspective and my perspective, the move made sense."

The Bulldogs stormed into finals last season and Keath believes they will continue to build on that success in 2020.

“I think last year in the second half of the year there were some good games, but with the young list that’s there the aim is to build on that.

“I think that’s where our goals lie.”

Keath played 30 games for the Crows after returning to footy from cricket.

bornadog
11-02-2020, 02:54 PM
Western Bulldogs star recruit Alex Keath is expecting to be ready to go for Round 1, following ankle surgery over the summer.

He means that injury that Crows didn't even acknowledge was there :D

Mantis
11-02-2020, 03:10 PM
He means that injury that Crows didn't even acknowledge was there :D

They acknowledged it was there, but was going be treated differently (resting) by the Cows.

ledge
11-02-2020, 04:17 PM
They acknowledged it was there, but was going be treated differently (resting) by the Cows.

Didn’t we get them to pay for the op before we took him?

Mofra
11-02-2020, 04:23 PM
Didn’t we get them to pay for the op before we took him?
Yep.
The Saints medicos also recommended surgery as well.

bornadog
11-02-2020, 05:45 PM

They didn't acknowledge surgery was required.

ledge
11-02-2020, 05:58 PM
They didn't acknowledge surgery was required.

I think it’s how we got a good trade using his injury as leverage.

bulldogtragic
21-02-2020, 10:04 PM
It was a Hell of a bargain this trade. Looks like outright theft about now.

GVGjr
21-02-2020, 11:09 PM
It was a Hell of a bargain this trade. Looks like outright theft about now.

A good night for him but he will be tested further during the year. He's composed reader of the player and his kicking hit the targets.

Mofra
21-02-2020, 11:11 PM
Rusty early, clearly got better as the game wore on. I suspect time will be his friend

bulldogtragic
21-02-2020, 11:18 PM
When did we last debut a traded 28yo KPD who had 16 disposals (9 intercept) at 94% efficiency, 5 Rebound 50’s and 9 Marks?

Never?

Remi Moses
22-02-2020, 12:36 AM
Reads the play brilliantly is composed and a good user
Looks a steal , but it’s early doors

Twodogs
24-02-2020, 09:10 PM
When did we last debut a traded 28yo KPD who had 16 disposals (9 intercept) at 94% efficiency, 5 Rebound 50’s and 9 Marks?

Never?

When have we ever had a 28yo KPD who had 16 disposals (9 intercept) at 94% efficiency, 5 Rebound 50’s and 9 Marks?

bulldogtragic
24-02-2020, 09:25 PM
When have we ever had a 28yo KPD who had 16 disposals (9 intercept) at 94% efficiency, 5 Rebound 50’s and 9 Marks?

The best I can come close to is Marcus Adams, although he was at the time 23yo with 15 disposals (6 intercepts) at 93%, 1 Rebound 50 and 8 marks.

Who was then replaced by Keath the next off-season for a fraction of the trade price.

Twodogs
25-02-2020, 02:00 PM
The best I can come close to is Marcus Adams, although he was at the time 23yo with 15 disposals (6 intercepts) at 93%, 1 Rebound 50 and 8 marks.

Who was then replaced by Keath the next off-season for a fraction of the trade price.

Peter Foster is the only one I can think of who would have regularly produced those sort of stats. Include regularly running down the ground to kick a 50 metre goal and really hurting opponents in contests and you've got Fossy Bear.

angelopetraglia
25-02-2020, 02:36 PM
Peter Foster is the only one I can think of who would have regularly produced those sort of stats. Include regularly running down the ground to kick a 50 metre goal and really hurting opponents in contests and you've got Fossy Bear.

Yes. Still angry at Paul Dear to this day.

Bulldog Revolution
26-02-2020, 03:59 PM

Craig Ellis had one great season with us - probably hard to compare stats from previous generations

Bulldog4life
26-02-2020, 04:31 PM

Sometimes on a windy day at Whitten Oval...which we all know was frequent..I remember Peter would stay at the one end of the ground all game. Stopping the goals one quarter then kicking them the next and so on.

Mofra
26-02-2020, 04:54 PM
One question I have with Alex Keath - does he put Wood's spot in doubt?

Keath is an excellent intercept marker.
As a similar size mid-intercepter Crozier has Wood well covered for performance last year and his Marsh Series one game was sublime.
Wood is much shorter than any KPD under consideration. He isn't a rebounder in the Suckling mold, nor does he run the ball like a JJ/Daniel/Ed Richards.

GVGjr
26-02-2020, 05:04 PM

As a similar size mid-intercepter Crozier has Wood well covered for performance last year and his Marsh Series one game was sublime.
Wood is much shorter than any KPD under consideration. He isn't a rebounder in the Suckling mold, nor does he run the ball like a JJ/Daniel/Ed Richards.

Wood probably plays regardless and I mentioned a couple of weeks back that maybe the inclusion of Keath places more pressure on Lewis Young. You can play both but then you really need to have either Cordy or Trengove there as well
Both Keath and Young are tall defenders more noted for their intercept skills than their 1-v-1 abilities. Young needs to improve in that area now.

I'd have Wood coming off the bench because of the reasons you have outlined, Suckling is more creative, JJ, Richards and Daniel provide the run and dash and Crozier can play on a mixture of players but I just can't see us diminishing Wood's role within the team. 2 taller defenders and perhaps a 3rd tall and 3 more creative types possibly works better for us

Rocket Science
26-02-2020, 05:37 PM

I had much the same thought.

The ball's in his court but I wouldn't be surprised if this is the first year since Easton established himself he's not an 'automatic' selection. If he's healthy and strikes a vein of form there'll definitely be a spot for him, but if he struggles to seize a role there are plenty nipping at his heels.

Mofra
23-07-2020, 11:07 PM
How bloody good is this trade looking now? It's one pick off being two third rounders for a bonafide no 1 KPD.

His ball use has been outstanding too.

Testekill
23-07-2020, 11:15 PM
I'm surprised that he uses the ball so well, I could have sworn that his efficiency was just because he took easy options at the Crows.

bornadog
24-07-2020, 12:22 AM
Has been brilliant and who said he can't man up and play one on one. King barely touched it tonight and Keath was solid as a rock

angelopetraglia
24-07-2020, 12:25 AM
How valuable has Keath been. Enormous. So safe. Just gets the job done and doesn’t make silly mistakes. Super reliable.

azabob
24-07-2020, 07:42 AM
How bloody good is this trade looking now? It's one pick off being two third rounders for a bonafide no 1 KPD.

His ball use has been outstanding too.

No Alex Keith and we probably would've dropped last nights game and potentially the Giants game.

Mofra
24-07-2020, 09:36 AM
I'm surprised that he uses the ball so well, I could have sworn that his efficiency was just because he took easy options at the Crows.
He was instructed to kick short at the crows.
What was surprising was his hands - some really quick and clever handballs last night, including a few underground passes.

We've seen a player, we've seen parts of his game he can develop with us, and it's been great for both Alex and us.

Vred
24-07-2020, 09:55 AM
One of our best trades in recent memory, and I do love the 'pissed off P.E. teacher' look about him.

Topdog
24-07-2020, 10:24 AM
Looking like one of the best trades we've ever made if he can keep up this form

Rocket Science
24-07-2020, 11:07 AM
What was surprising was his hands - some really quick and clever handballs last night, including a few underground passes.

We've seen a player, we've seen parts of his game he can develop with us, and it's been great for both Alex and us.

He's quickly developed some pretty handy chemistry with Daniel and Crozier in pressure situations ... smart little taps and knocks to advantage, mopping up with repeat efforts until one of them is released and we're away.

When on song they're like a rapid-response clean-up unit back there, it's a thing of beauty to watch.

Happy Days
24-07-2020, 12:00 PM
If Martin is recruit of the year then Keath is second. Imagine if we got them both.

The Bulldogs Bite
24-07-2020, 12:04 PM
I love that Keath regularly neutralises contests. A simple 'carry the ball over the boundary', a '2-on-1' where he creates enough of a contest for a stoppage or until reinforcements arrive, a tap on to ensure he isn't tackled/pinned HTB etc.

He's a bloody good, smart, angry footballer.

My boss knows a few at the Crows and he said Keath would be huge for us, and he has been. I thought he was only an interceptor but he's MUCH more than that. He's got some real Dale Morris traits about him.

EasternWest
24-07-2020, 12:05 PM

What about the 15 metre checkside kick in the guts? Very skilful.

One of our best trades in recent memory, and I do love the 'pissed off P.E. teacher' look about him.

Rocket Science really does need to give us a photoshop.

comrade
24-07-2020, 12:15 PM
Rocket Science really does need to give us a photoshop.

Short shorts, whistle, clipboard.

EasternWest
24-07-2020, 12:49 PM
Short shorts, whistle, clipboard.

Don't forget Adidas zip up silky tracksuit top.

Remi Moses
24-07-2020, 04:19 PM
Wonderful pick up
Totally overlooked by the media as well

bornadog
24-07-2020, 04:22 PM

Maybe something out of this, with little Bulldogs around him

https://i2-prod.chroniclelive.co.uk/incoming/article17734424.ece/ALTERNATES/s1200/0_IMG-1613JPG.jpg

EasternWest
24-07-2020, 04:31 PM
Maybe something out of this, with little Bulldogs around him

https://i2-prod.chroniclelive.co.uk/incoming/article17734424.ece/ALTERNATES/s1200/0_IMG-1613JPG.jpg

How did you post such a big picture - I have followed the instructions and can not figure it out.

bornadog
24-07-2020, 04:33 PM
How did you post such a big picture - I have followed the instructions and can not figure it out.

I just right click, copy and paste

EasternWest
24-07-2020, 05:21 PM
I just right click, copy and paste

I just tried that with the exact picture you posted and got "exceeded quota" message.

bornadog
24-07-2020, 06:16 PM
I just tried that with the exact picture you posted and got "exceeded quota" message.

That sounds like an issue with your settings? Maybe one for GVGjr to fix

Edit:

Maybe you need to clear your cache?

Quota Exceeded Error. ... The quota exceeded error means you are out of disk space. Google Chrome, Safari and other browsers were recently updated to be much more conservative in how much free space the disk must have for it to store extended caching files.

bornadog
24-07-2020, 06:38 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EdrMHP_VAAsIoQn?format=jpg&name=medium

bornadog
24-07-2020, 06:39 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EdrMHFcUEAIGGMe?format=jpg&name=large

Axe Man
24-07-2020, 07:06 PM
I reckon the PE teacher from The Goldbergs would be the perfect model:
https://i.postimg.cc/SsqHh4h1/MV5-BMWQz-YTFi-ZDIt-MTFk-Ny00-NGQ3-LWE1-OGQt-Mm-U5-ZGU4-Mjdl-MTI4-Xk-Ey-Xk-Fqc-Gde-QXVy-NTQ4-ODAw-ODA-V1.jpg (https://postimg.cc/7CsK3pbS)

Twodogs
24-07-2020, 07:21 PM
I reckon the PE teacher from The Goldbergs would be the perfect model:
https://i.postimg.cc/SsqHh4h1/MV5-BMWQz-YTFi-ZDIt-MTFk-Ny00-NGQ3-LWE1-OGQt-Mm-U5-ZGU4-Mjdl-MTI4-Xk-Ey-Xk-Fqc-Gde-QXVy-NTQ4-ODAw-ODA-V1.jpg (https://postimg.cc/7CsK3pbS)

I'm thinking Mr Weatherby from Footscray high in the 1970s but you guys probably don't know him.

EasternWest
24-07-2020, 07:23 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EdrMHP_VAAsIoQn?format=jpg&name=medium

Now you're just rubbing it in.

jeemak
24-07-2020, 07:28 PM

Bingo, definitely needs triacetate.

Grantysghost
24-07-2020, 07:48 PM

Works ok for me.

https://i.postimg.cc/wj0LQ8x8/E27-C2-BA9-59-D4-49-D3-A2-C6-1-DBF9-A58-A965.jpg (https://postimg.cc/SnYnmPzD)

GVGjr
24-07-2020, 08:02 PM

Let me see if I can sort this out for you. I'll give it a good look later today

The bulldog tragician
24-07-2020, 08:48 PM
Bingo, definitely needs triacetate.

Needs to be powder blue.

(I also can’t post photos without the exceed quota message). :(

Axe Man
24-07-2020, 09:27 PM
I always use postimage to post images here (funnily enough), I never do it directly.

EasternWest
24-07-2020, 09:55 PM
Let me see if I can sort this out for you. I'll give it a good look later today

Thanks G, although it's not high priority so don't sweat it too much.

bornadog
25-07-2020, 12:31 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EdsZsjZUMAACmQQ?format=png&name=medium

KT31
25-07-2020, 12:38 AM
I'm thinking Mr Weatherby from Footscray high in the 1970s but you guys probably don't know him.

Is this him?;:D
https://comicvine1.cbsistatic.com/uploads/scale_small/11/111746/3341401-2797141696-waldo.jpg

KT31
25-07-2020, 12:43 AM

Try un-ticking the “Retrieve remote file and reference locally“ underneath the URL.

1eyedog
25-07-2020, 08:58 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EdsZsjZUMAACmQQ?format=png&name=medium

Haha my new screen saver. Haydn is sooo hot!

Well done.

Grantysghost
25-07-2020, 09:35 AM

This is the method I use and it works ok after saving the picture I want either to PC or device (phone/tablet).

1. Goto https://www.postimages.org
2. Click “choose images”
3. Choose your image (just leave default options) to upload to their site
4. Then choose the copy link icon for “hot link for forums”
5. Paste that in your message body and save.

Give it a try I’ve had no issues with this method at all. Feel free to direct message me I’m happy to help.

https://i.postimg.cc/zX34xbnq/81-DA3-C9-B-B5-A8-455-C-80-CE-755-C9168-BB56.jpg (https://postimg.cc/vcFPBmqK)

GVGjr
25-07-2020, 09:46 AM
Thanks G, although it's not high priority so don't sweat it too much.

Try again anytime now, a slight change in the system should have fixed it
Fingers crossed

bornadog
25-07-2020, 11:05 AM
Keath takes charge (https://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/news/781836)
Alex Keath very much feels at home now in red, white and blue.

Two rounds into 2020, the Western Bulldogs were 0-2 and on the bottom of the AFL ladder.
A lot has changed since then.

One thing that hasn’t is the performance of off-season recruit Alex Keath.

The star backman stood tall with his defence under siege early in the year and is now reaping the rewards, with the Bulldogs jumping to third spot on the ladder – mid-round – on the back of a nail-biting five-point win against the Gold Coast Suns.

Defensively, the Bulldogs have been superb since then to notch five wins from their past six outings.

And Keath very much feels at home now in red, white and blue.

“It’s taken a bit of time to build that chemistry,” he told media on the Gold Coast today.

“The lockdown period with COVID-19 stopped those games from occurring, but any time we’ve had together as a back six has been really valuable.

“I think we’re building some really good relationships and some good trust down there, so I’m really enjoying that.”

Despite the tough start to the year, there was a calmness to senior coach Luke Beveridge despite the results.

“’Bevo’ was really calm internally after what was a really difficult first couple of games,” Keath said.

“It certainly wasn’t anywhere near the performance that we were expecting of ourselves.

“We’re forming some new combinations, we’ve got some inexperience there as well.

“Seeing some development over the course of the season so far has been pleasing, so I hope that can continue.”

The 27-year-old has played just 38 AFL matches, but appears to be at the peak of his powers.

Nine intercepts against the Suns highlighted another impressive performance, which included some big grabs and big spoils at important moments.

“It was a difficult night for forwards being pretty slippery and greasy,” Keath said.

“I thought the defenders did the basics pretty well down there and we were able to make it quite difficult for them to score.

“There’s still some things we’d like to tighten up and we want to improve as we move forward.”

The Bulldogs will take plenty out of having to do things the hard way against the Suns.

In a frantic finale, the Bulldogs found a way.

“It was a little bit hairy,” Keath said.

“Laitham Vandermeer’s contest out on the back flank, that’s been noted and something we talked about internally that was huge for us.

“Bill (Gowers) provided an awesome contest up forward all night… he might like that (kick) again, but ‘Bont’ was very happy to clean things up and we move on.

“It was pretty tight there and the Gold Coast were coming.”

Mitcha
25-07-2020, 11:11 AM
If he played for one of the media darling sides he would be talked of as the recruit of the year, but he doesn't, so he won't.

Bulldog Revolution
25-07-2020, 11:21 AM
If he played for one of the media darling sides he would be talked of as the recruit of the year, but he doesn't, so he won't.

Hes just got on with his business beautifully

Been a super pickup so far

EasternWest
25-07-2020, 01:07 PM
Keath takes charge (https://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/news/781836)
“Bill (Gowers) provided an awesome contest up forward all night… he might like that (kick) again, but ‘Bont’ was very happy to clean things up and we move on.

Regardless of our back and forth on this forum about that kick and Gowers as a whole, Keath has nailed this comment.

In the space of 20 odd words he's shown great solidarity with Bill and genuine forgiveness for his error. Maybe there's something in that 😁.

Wasn't sure I could like the PE teacher more, but here we are.

Bulldog Revolution
25-07-2020, 01:21 PM
Wasn't sure I could like the PE teacher more, but here we are.

Brilliant comment from a teammate - great leadership

Is he a PE teacher? or is that the future you see for him?

Bulldog4life
25-07-2020, 01:23 PM
Has been brilliant and who said he can't man up and play one on one. King barely touched it tonight and Keath was solid as a rock

I read it on WOOF.:confused:

Bulldog4life
25-07-2020, 01:25 PM
He's quickly developed some pretty handy chemistry with Daniel and Crozier in pressure situations ... smart little taps and knocks to advantage, mopping up with repeat efforts until one of them is released and we're away.

When on song they're like a rapid-response clean-up unit back there, it's a thing of beauty to watch.

I noticed that too. Fantastic when their training has been so restricted.

Rocket Science
25-07-2020, 01:29 PM
OKAY YOU MAGGOTS DROP AND GIVE ME TWENTY.

https://i.ibb.co/7Q9cZ9P/bad-boy-keathy.png (https://ibb.co/68dhTdz)

bornadog
25-07-2020, 01:34 PM

Nailed it

EasternWest
25-07-2020, 01:50 PM

Not bad. Needs stubby shorts.

EasternWest
25-07-2020, 01:51 PM
Brilliant comment from a teammate - great leadership

Is he a PE teacher? or is that the future you see for him?

Nah some genius said he looks like "a perennially pissed off high school PE teacher" and it's an apt description.

I'd like to shake that guy's hand.

The bulldog tragician
25-07-2020, 03:26 PM
I love that Suckling looks puffed out, which is how I imagine him in training. Quite brilliant Rocket Science, you rose to the challenge..as always

josie
25-07-2020, 07:11 PM
Excellent work rocket science.

1eyedog
25-07-2020, 07:25 PM
Nah some genius said he looks like "a perennially pissed off high school PE teacher" and it's an apt description.

I'd like to shake that guy's hand.

Haha nice. V. nice.

Twodogs
25-07-2020, 08:43 PM
Is this him?;:D
https://comicvine1.cbsistatic.com/uploads/scale_small/11/111746/3341401-2797141696-waldo.jpg

Now that I think about it his name may have been Weatherill. He played footy for Werribee in the VFA when they were very ordinary.

Oh yes.

Dry Rot
25-07-2020, 10:31 PM
Hes just got on with his business beautifully

Been a super pickup so far

The complete opposite of Adams.

Bulldog Revolution
26-07-2020, 02:28 PM
The complete opposite of Adams.

I get where you are coming from but Adams issue was he just couldn't stay fit with us - I presume he gave it everything he had and with all the injuries decided that a change of scenery, and was offered a better contract to go.

Its always harder to feel part of something socially if you are injured and not involved in games.

hujsh
26-07-2020, 03:24 PM
I get where you are coming from but Adams issue was he just couldn't stay fit with us - I presume he gave it everything he had and with all the injuries decided that a change of scenery, and was offered a better contract to go.

Its always harder to feel part of something socially if you are injured and not involved in games.

I do feel as though Keath is a better defender than Adams.

Both are obviously good interceptors.

SonofScray
27-07-2020, 12:08 AM
He's pretty reliable. Seems to be comfortable in the system and doing the job of being the constant in the back half.

Bulldog Joe
27-07-2020, 07:31 AM
Alex Keath has been immense.

I think the backline has performed so much better this year because he is in charge.

Dancin' Douggy
27-07-2020, 11:11 AM

I’m the same. Simply can’t post pictures. Get the same response no matter how tiny I make it. It’s why I’ve never been able to give myself an avatar image.

comrade
27-07-2020, 11:15 AM
Yep, same here. Doesn't matter if I upload from computer or via URL, get the quota notification.

Grantysghost
27-07-2020, 11:34 AM
Have you tried the method I outlined in post #80. I don't actually use the upload image option I just paste the link into the body.

Eg :
https://i.postimg.cc/3wZPpT56/Screenshot-20200727-103151-Samsung-Internet.jpg (https://postimg.cc/sBv6db29)

EasternWest
27-07-2020, 12:00 PM
Have you tried the method I outlined in post #80. I don't actually use the upload image option I just paste the link into the body.

Eg :
https://i.postimg.cc/3wZPpT56/Screenshot-20200727-103151-Samsung-Internet.jpg (https://postimg.cc/sBv6db29)

I am trying it now. https://postimg.cc/D81xDvZs

Grantysghost
27-07-2020, 12:34 PM
I am trying it now. https://postimg.cc/D81xDvZs

Ah I see the issue. That link won't be interpreted as an image without the correct tags in this case. It puts in the correct HTML code if you use their hotlink for forums option. You just paste everything in that grey box inside your message. Happy for people to DM me as to not de-rail thread too much :cool:

Eg for that image it would be (click the icon in the red to copy it) :

[IMG]https://i.postimg.cc/fLv3dkBd/Capture.jpg (https://postimg.cc/tZYCQR0R)

https://i.postimg.cc/9FnsDzHx/bont1.jpg (https://postimg.cc/D81xDvZs)

EasternWest
27-07-2020, 01:27 PM
Ah I see the issue. That link won't be interpreted as an image without the correct tags in this case. It puts in the correct HTML code if you use their hotlink for forums option. You just paste everything in that grey box inside your message. Happy for people to DM me as to not de-rail thread too much :cool:

Eg for that image it would be (click the icon in the red to copy it) :

[IMG]https://i.postimg.cc/fLv3dkBd/Capture.jpg (https://postimg.cc/tZYCQR0R)

https://i.postimg.cc/9FnsDzHx/bont1.jpg (https://postimg.cc/D81xDvZs)

Like this? https://i.postimg.cc/9FnsDzHx/bont1.jpg (https://postimg.cc/D81xDvZs)

Grantysghost
27-07-2020, 01:39 PM
Like this? https://i.postimg.cc/9FnsDzHx/bont1.jpg (https://postimg.cc/D81xDvZs)

That's it. :cool: Something I also find useful is the "go advanced" option when you're editing your message as you can preview the change before you submit it to test things are as you want them.
Love Alex Keath too a complete steal.

EasternWest
27-07-2020, 01:43 PM
That's it. :cool:

Cheers mate.

bornadog
07-09-2020, 10:53 AM
How good has Keath been this season. We all thought he may be just an interceptor, but he has done well with the one on ones as well. He has played on some monster forwards - Dixon, Hawkins, Kennedy and restricted them to 2 goals each.

He has been one of the recruits of the year.

azabob
07-09-2020, 10:58 AM
How good has Keath been this season. We all thought he may be just an interceptor, but he has done well with the one on ones as well. He has played on some monster forwards - Dixon, Hawkins, Kennedy and restricted them to 2 goals each.

He has been one of the recruits of the year.

Agree BAD.

I wonder what role we sold to him. Perhaps part of our pitch was that we see you more as a intercept defender and that appealed to him? We certainly have used him as our number one key defender.

Grantysghost
07-09-2020, 11:04 AM
Agree BAD.

I wonder what role we sold to him. Perhaps part of our pitch was that we see you more as a intercept defender and that appealed to him? We certainly have used him as our number one key defender.

And POPE (p1ssed off PE teacher). He was giving young Ryan some agricultural advice last night, I like it. He is awesome, and an absolute steal. Let's hope he and Bruce open the door for more defections.
I didn't want to use the T.

Happy Days
07-09-2020, 11:08 AM
Keath is an absolute psycho and makes some really stupid ADD decisions with the ball but he is otherwise very dependable and a lot better one on one than the Adelaide "you can't quit you're fired" smear campaign sold him as.

bulldogsthru&thru
07-09-2020, 11:11 AM
He’s been immense for us. I shudder when I think what our backline would look like without him.

Grantysghost
07-09-2020, 11:44 AM
Agree BAD.

He has the physical attributes to be a key defender I believe. Maybe he was just behind one of the Crow's greatest defenders ever in Talia so had to be more that intercept type?

bulldogtragic
19-11-2020, 12:14 PM
So, draft points are only relevant (at least to me) when we are using them. This year we are, so we can now finalise this trade with a draft points equation for acquiring Keath. We gave up 151 points this year to Adelaide. Equal to Pick 60.

Ergo:

Alex Keath - for - Picks 45 & 60

The Underdog
19-11-2020, 12:18 PM
so, draft points are only relevant (at least to me) when we are using them. This year we are, so we can now finalise this trade with a draft points equation for acquiring keath. We gave up 151 points this year to adelaide. Equal to pick 60.

Ergo:

Alex keath - for - picks 45 & 60

bargain!!!!

ledge
19-11-2020, 12:30 PM
Sam Power is a mathematical genius.

Prince Imperial
19-11-2020, 01:22 PM
So, draft points are only relevant (at least to me) when we are using them. This year we are, so we can now finalise this trade with a draft points equation for acquiring Keath. We gave up 151 points this year to Adelaide. Equal to Pick 60.

Ergo:

Alex Keath - for - Picks 45 & 60

In fact, pick 45 became pick 48 last year after it was pushed back by the various academy selections so it's even better than that!

ledge
19-11-2020, 03:05 PM
In fact, pick 45 became pick 48 last year after it was pushed back by the various academy selections so it's even better than that!
So did that push 60 to 63 ?

Prince Imperial
19-11-2020, 11:02 PM
So did that push 60 to 63 ?

The 60 BT is referring to is for this year and is the equivalent of the points difference between our 2020 second rounder we gave Adelaide and their 2020 third rounder which we received in the Keath trade.

Ironically, we now again hold that second rounder after Adelaide traded it to Melbourne who on traded it to North who on traded it to Collingwood who on traded it to us!

bulldogtragic
20-11-2020, 12:02 AM
The 60 BT is referring to is for this year and is the equivalent of the points difference between our 2020 second rounder we gave Adelaide and their 2020 third rounder which we received in the Keath trade.

Ironically, we now again hold that second rounder after Adelaide traded it to Melbourne who on traded it to North who on traded it to Collingwood who on traded it to us!

Draft pick laundering. That 33 started with us, got us in part Keath & Treloar, and came back clean to us with those two players in the bank. That’s Ozark level laundering.

The Doctor
19-04-2021, 12:02 PM
What a smart piece of business by the Bulldogs to recruit Alex Keath. He would have to be close to the best key defender in the game at the moment.

bulldogtragic
19-04-2021, 12:11 PM
What a smart piece of business by the Bulldogs to recruit Alex Keath. He would have to be close to the best key defender in the game at the moment.

Does everything really well. And at a cost near what we gave Hamling up for, which many in here thought was way too cheap. Here’s hoping the late start to playing means he’s got a few more years in him after his initial contract.

Bulldog Revolution
19-04-2021, 01:23 PM
Playing good footy and a vital leader in our backline

comrade
19-04-2021, 03:13 PM
From ****ed off PE teacher to elite key defender.

Every week he adds another opposition forward to the list on his clipboard.

Happy Days
19-04-2021, 05:51 PM
Aliir's getting more plaudits but Al is right there with him. He's just such a sure hand and calming influence.

azabob
24-05-2021, 11:22 AM
One of my guilty pleasures is to look at the SEN App each day and see what interviews catch my interest.

This morning Lyon and Watson had the pleasure of interviewing Alex Keith.

As you can imagine he gave them absolutely nothing!!

comrade
24-05-2021, 11:27 AM
One of my guilty pleasures is to look at the SEN App each day and see what interviews catch my interest.

As stingy as they come.

bornadog
24-05-2021, 12:17 PM

Listen here (https://player.whooshkaa.com/player/playlist/show/1919?visual=true&sharing=true&episode=831392)

Axe Man
23-11-2021, 10:49 AM
Hopefully we can get Keathy to 100 games with the Dogs, congratulations Alex and Laura.

https://i.postimg.cc/PfZWj5jy/keath.jpg (https://postimg.cc/Z0bBPZ0v)

The Underdog
23-11-2021, 11:38 AM
Hopefully we can get Keathy to 100 games with the Dogs, congratulations Alex and Laura.

https://i.postimg.cc/PfZWj5jy/keath.jpg (https://postimg.cc/Z0bBPZ0v)

He can play 1000 games for us as far as I'm concerned. Not sure if I've loved another mature recruit quite like I love this guy.

Swoop
09-08-2022, 06:32 PM
I think we can all agree that Keath's decline has been quick and sudden.

My question going forward is whether he has simply reached his end point or is there a chance he can recapture his best form in 2023?

His recent demotion to the VFL most likely indicates that he's not carrying an injury which is disappointing because at least that could explain his form dip.

What are your thoughts on Keath heading into 2023?

kruder
09-08-2022, 06:36 PM
Rumour on BF is that he is retiring at the end of the year.

GVGjr
09-08-2022, 06:55 PM
I think we can all agree that Keath's decline has been quick and sudden.

My question going forward is whether he has simply reached his end point or is there a chance he can recapture his best form in 2023?

His recent demotion to the VFL most likely indicates that he's not carrying an injury which is disappointing because at least that could explain his form dip.

What are your thoughts on Keath heading into 2023?

It's a hard question to answer. I'd like think he will be better next year than he has been this year but I doubt he can get back to his 2021 form. It's really hard to know if he has lost his competitive edge, been carrying a minor injury or he has just hit the wall in terms of form and fitness.

He's a professional though so I'll cautiously back him to get better next year.

DOG GOD
09-08-2022, 07:26 PM
I’d be surprised if Keath doesn’t retire. If we happened to get Jones and another defender, then I feel he’s going to be tapped on the shoulder, or threatened with majority VFL next year. The Keath of 2022 is completely different to the player last year, and once injuries started, which they have over the last 12 months in particular, then it’s hard to come back from there. The pace of the game is unfortunately passing him by.

Axe Man
09-08-2022, 07:40 PM
I’d be surprised if Keath doesn’t retire. If we happened to get Jones and another defender, then I feel he’s going to be tapped on the shoulder, or threatened with majority VFL next year. The Keath of 2022 is completely different to the player last year, and once injuries started, which they have over the last 12 months in particular, then it’s hard to come back from there. The pace of the game is unfortunately passing him by.

He has reportedly met a contract trigger for 2023 so he would have to be either physically or mentally (or both) cooked to walk away from what is likely a fairly lucrative contract.

Grantysghost
09-08-2022, 07:48 PM
He has reportedly met a contract trigger for 2023 so he would have to be either physically or mentally (or both) cooked to walk away from what is likely a fairly lucrative contract.

Unfortunately there's no way to know when he's out of contract. If only we had some... I don't know...list.

GVGjr
09-08-2022, 07:50 PM

There is always a chance he has had a look at Crozier struggling to get senior games and thinks he doesn't want to go through that next year but I agree it would be hard to walk away from a job that pays well for you to get fit.

bornadog
09-08-2022, 07:56 PM
He needs to get his body right otherwise he may not get games next year

Bumper Bulldogs
09-08-2022, 10:15 PM
He needs to get his body right otherwise he may not get games next year

Do you think we could retire him but move his m into a coaching role. His nickname is teacher

bornadog
09-08-2022, 11:37 PM
Do you think we could retire him but move his m into a coaching role. His nickname is teacher

I am sure if he thinks his body is right he would want to play on.

Happy Days
09-08-2022, 11:44 PM
There’s a little part of me that wonders what would happen if we got another stopper and tried Keath as an interceptor. Another little part of me wonders what an extended period off will do to rehab his body (he has been genuinely best on ground for us in a game this year so he can’t be all the way gone).

But he’s probably all the way gone, so we should plan accordingly.

jeemak
10-08-2022, 12:07 AM
It's like this board's gone mad.

We don't want ruck cover we will actually play as ruck cover, we're worried about getting defencive cover we will actually play even though we need defencive cover.

I really don't get the angst. If Keath can still play next year then great, we have selection pressure. If he can't then no biggie, we have cover.

Do people expect there to be this perfect transition between players who are playing today but won't be playing next year because form isn't fleeting and injuries don't happen?

bornadog
20-07-2023, 01:01 PM
Congrats to Alex who plays his 100th AFL game this week - 30 with Crows.

bornadog
21-07-2023, 12:08 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4mJEQpeP08