PDA

View Full Version : Club songs you really hate hearing

Dry Rot
21-02-2008, 12:49 AM
OK, obviously any opposition club song heard at the end of a game is appalling, signalling a defeat for the Dogs.

But which do you hate the most? is it the song, the club or the knob supporters singing along?

BulldogBelle
21-02-2008, 12:56 AM
Richmond's song - especially when the crowd sings the words ...."Yellow and Black" thankfully in recent times we haven't heard that sung whilst playing them. Then again their supporters haven't had much opportunity to sing it either during 2007. Although, I have to admit it is a catchy tune.

Dry Rot
21-02-2008, 01:26 AM
Tigers fans can be funny pricks.

I recall seeing a late nineties Swans v Tigers game at the SCG and standing drinking with some feral Tigers men abusing the Swans.

The Tigers were getting hammered, a younger Richo was spitting the dummy and the Tigers fans were singing ribald songs.
Knights incident.

FrediKanoute
21-02-2008, 04:47 AM
Richmond's song - especially when the crowd sings the words ...."Yellow and Black" thankfully in recent times we haven't heard that sung whilst playing them. Then again their supporters haven't had much opportunity to sing it either during 2007. Although, I have to admit it is a catchy tune.

not a Richmond fan, but I have to admit the Yellow and Black roar does give you goosebumps.

Personal songs that I hate - Essendon's (detest this one!!), Adelaide's. Weagles, Dockers, Port

Sedat
21-02-2008, 05:41 PM
Collingwood's theme song is filth - much like them really.

Credit where it's due. Richmond is a dirty club, but I reckon they have a great theme song.

bornadog
21-02-2008, 06:11 PM
Carltons song, its so boring
Dockers and weagles are pathetic for a club song

hujsh
21-02-2008, 06:28 PM
We get it Carlton, you wear blue, congratulations, it's only a colour

The Bulldogs Bite
21-02-2008, 08:07 PM
Dockers and weagles are pathetic for a club song

Seconded; two of the 'newer' sides to the competition, and yet their club songs are the worst.

As for 'hate', I can't stand St. Kildas - mainly because I hear it every time we play them.

LostDoggy
21-02-2008, 10:39 PM
The WCE and Freo songs are pathetic...but incredibly fun to sing to!
I think my favourite is they Sydney song, though.

Dislike: Saints (boring) Collingwood, Carlton, Adelaide, Geelong (all just horrible)

The Coon Dog
21-02-2008, 11:38 PM
If the game finishes & it's not belting out 'Sons of the west, red, white & blue...' then I hate it!

LostDoggy
22-02-2008, 12:13 AM
Yeah richmonds is prob the best out of em all..

Hate hearing Collingwood's because i dont really like listening to nuffys and ferals sing.

Also Freos & Ports are absolutely shocking :S

mike1954
23-02-2008, 02:00 PM
Cant stand the Crows song and Carltons isn't far behind!!

LostDoggy
23-02-2008, 06:13 PM
I hate St Kilda's the most probably, because they belt it out so loud before and after the match (if they win...which is usually the case) and the drum roll is very annoying. Plus, it has like 8 different words in the entire song, I mean come on.

Adelaide's is boring, Richmond's I hate out of principle and the whole 'yellow and black' part annoys me, catchy song though. I love Port's...before the match anyway, same with Sydney. I think Fremantle and West Coast's are hilarious, but West Coast's goes on for far too long, I remember last year when we played them before the game I thought it was never going to end.

hujsh
23-02-2008, 06:20 PM
WCE is bad but after last night i hate the Dons song

G-Mo77
23-02-2008, 07:52 PM

Agree there!

I hate any songafter the game if it is not ours.

LostDoggy
24-02-2008, 12:21 AM
It's a grand old flag. Unfortunately we have heard it all too frequently of late when we play them.
We are the navy blues irritates me.

gohardorgohome
25-02-2008, 10:41 AM
Both Perth club songs are pathetic!!!!!

The Richmond song is the best by a mile!!!!!

I hate to say this but ours is a little on the average side.

Twodogs
25-02-2008, 10:58 AM
Hate the Adelaide song. Very bad memories of '97 come flooding back every time.

bornadog
12-01-2009, 07:25 PM
I wonder what the club songs will be for the new clubs . Lets hope they learn a lesson from the pathetic Freo, West Coast song efforts.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
12-01-2009, 08:05 PM
If the game finishes & it's not belting out 'Sons of the west, red, white & blue...' then I hate it!

Yep..I'm the same.....

BornInDroopSt'54
12-01-2009, 08:23 PM
Adelaide's song, booming through the concrete walls of the MCG to the rhythms of my decimated heart after the prelim loss, assaulted me with its pounding repetitiveness and its stupid simplicity. Carlton's song, even though they're the team I like most to see FAIL, is by far the best song, full of charm.

mighty_west
12-01-2009, 08:39 PM
Adelaide, for the reasons above! Too many nightmares.

Carlton, mainly the past few seasons where they have been dreadful, yet they keep beating us, embaressing.

I'm starting to hate North's as well, lets hope they merge with Melbourne. :p

Max469
12-01-2009, 08:46 PM
Any song that is not ours.:)

Happy Days
12-01-2009, 09:11 PM
Good to see the West Coast song finally getting some much deserved hatred.

Easily the worst of the lot...what sort of club song has a guitar solo in the middle of it?

Scraggers
12-01-2009, 10:09 PM
I don't mind singing my own lyrics to the WCE song ...

We're the Weasels, West Coast Weasels
And we're here; we don't know why ...
We've got muscles, our coach is a chemist,
Do the maths, I wonder why ???

Other songs I can't stand are the Smears (Port Adelaide) and Freo ... although I did like the words the Dockers put to AC/DC's T.N.T ... it went something like ... cause we're Fre-Man-Tle oi, oi, oi

bornadog
25-10-2011, 12:43 PM
Dockers ask fans to pick new song (http://www.sportsnewsfirst.com.au/articles/2011/10/25/dockers-ask-fans-to-pick-new-song/)

FREMANTLE has a new look, a new coach - and are now asking fans whether they want a new song.

Nat Fyfe, Clancee Pearce, Josh Mellington, Roger Hayden and Matthew Pavlich celebrate a Dockers goal
Getty Images
PREV NEXT
Three alternative versions of the contentious "Freo Heave Ho" song have been commissioned and revealed today - one of which was written by rockers Eskimo Joe.

"Freo, Freo" by Eskimo Joe, The Mighty Roar of Freo, by Rosco Elliott and a Reworked version of the current Fremantle Club Song by Ken Walther are the alternative options to the existing song.

Eskimo Joe said their song was intended to invoke the spirit of the town and the AC/DC track that blasts immediately after a win.

"It was written as something that everyone in the crowd and on the team could sing with the same gusto that we all sing T.N.T after a home game win!"

Elliott said his effort was "an anthem around massive
chants of Freo"

"I chose a military type feel at the start and the end to symbolize the players running out to 'battle'," he said.

The poll on the Fremantle Dockers' club song is due to open at today, and ends on Monday 21 November, 2011.

The result will be announced at the club's Annual Members'

About time they decided on something new.

1eyedog
25-10-2011, 10:49 PM
I think they're all crap.

Ours sounds like a bunch of drunken sailors staggering down the street (funny that). We should adopt the final countdown by Europe as a countdown to our 2014 flag.

KT31
26-10-2011, 12:39 AM
I think they're all crap.

Ours sounds like a bunch of drunken sailors staggering down the street (funny that). We should adopt the final countdown by Europe as a countdown to our 2014 flag.

^^^^
Agree.
So hopefully they will never be succesful and will have to put up with this tripe.;)

KT31
26-10-2011, 12:43 AM
On another topic, I watched 'The Club' for the first time in years the other night.(and yes it was one of the sets for sale Ebay,).
My question is, the Hawks do not sing their own song and I think it is a combination of the original version of our anthem and made up lyrics.

GetDimmaBack
04-11-2011, 01:32 PM
Man, I hate that Hawthorn song.

Always reminds me of singing chipmunks when I hear it.

Sedat
04-11-2011, 06:01 PM
Man, I hate that Hawthorn song.

Always reminds me of singing chipmunks when I hear it.
Half their membership base are four-legged creatures - perhaps that's why they sound like that :D

Ghost Dog
05-11-2011, 12:12 AM
Is ours due for an overhaul? New Jumper, new version of the song?
Personally I think our song is somewhere in the middle. It's not annoying, the lyrics are good but it does have these long gaps at the start that make it a bit awkward when it's sung without music

LostDoggy
05-11-2011, 10:07 PM
Has to be Adelaide's - I hate to keep harping on the past, but I struggle to get rid of the memory of that prelim! I do remember waking up the next morning with the Adelaide song going around in my head, and it was like waking up from a nightmare! :(

Murphy'sLore
07-11-2011, 02:45 PM
There's no better line than Sydney's 'Shake down the thunder from the sky.' That is actual poetry.

turtle
07-11-2011, 04:18 PM
Without a shadow of a doubt the Crows theme song. Whenever I hear it it takes me straight back to the 97 Prelim and I feel sick everytime I think about that last quarter.

LostDoggy
07-11-2011, 05:08 PM
Without a shadow of a doubt the Crows theme song. Whenever I hear it it takes me straight back to the 97 Prelim and I feel sick everytime I think about that last quarter.

Me too. :(

Happy Days
10-11-2011, 02:55 AM
Eagles song has a guitar solo in the instrumental, the height of stupidity.