PDA

View Full Version : Supporter Groups

Bulldog4life
11-12-2019, 05:25 PM
https://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/fans/supporter-groups

Bulldogs Pride
About the group: The Bulldog Pride supporter group is open to LGBTIQ people and allies. The group aims to create a space where LGBTIQ Bulldogs supporters, their family and friends can come together and enjoy the footy in a safe environment. Everyone in the group sees themselves as part of two communities - they are members of the LGBTIQ community (or an ally) and they are members of the community of Bulldogs supporters.

Email: jenkins.louise.amy@gmail.com
Mobile: 0424 698 694
Memberships: $25 for Bulldogs’ AFL and AFLW members, and $50 for non members.

Bulldog Pride can be found on social media via Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.

East West Club
President: Tony Crehan
https://eastwestbulldogs.com/home/
https://m.facebook.com/eastwestbulld...le.com.au&_rdr

Group Email: eastwestbulldogs@gmail.com

About the group: The aim of the East/West Club is to promote interest and potential membership in the Western Bulldogs Football Club through various forums including a regular newsletter, events and fundraising. This group is predominately for people located in the south and east however anyone can join.

Major Events:

• East-Meets-West Training and Family Day.
• Legends and Young Guns Dinner held annually each July.

How To Join: Family $20.00 and Single $10.00.

Please print off this form and submit to sign up as a 2019 East/West Club member.

Ballarat Supporter Group
To provide fellowship and support for Western Bulldogs members and supporters located in the Ballarat region.

In 2018 we aim to have two-to-three supporter events, most are held at the Ballarat Leagues Club in Humffray Street, North Ballarat.

For interstate games, the Ballarat Supporters Group regularly meet at the Leagues Club to watch the game and cheer on our boys.

Please print off this form and submit to sign up for the Ballarat Bulldogs Supporter Group

Barwon Bulldogs
President: Ange Biviano

Secretary: Karen Wintels

Contact Number: 0404 290 802

Email: [email]barwonbulldogs@hotmail.com

About the group: To provide fellowship for Western Bulldogs members and supporters in the Barwon, Bellarine and Geelong area. The group also aims to provide bus transport for their members to all Bulldogs games in Melbourne. A monthly newsletter is also sent to all members

How To Join: Adult $10, Family $20, Junior/Student $5.

Click here to download a Barwon Bulldogs membership form.

WA Supporters Group
President: Darren Joseph

Vice President: Peter Britton

Contact Phone: 0417 775 954

Email: wa@westernbulldogs.com.au

Click here for the WA Supporters Group website

Facebook: @WAWesternBulldogs

Twitter: @WADoggies

About the group: The aim of the Western Bulldogs WA Supporters Group is to offer all Bulldogs supporters in Western Australia the opportunity to meet regularly throughout the season and cheer on the team at a local venue. Details of obtaining WA Western Bulldogs number plates are available on their website.

Major Events:

• Functions are held The Irish Club, on weekend when Western Bulldogs are playing at Domain Stadium

• The Inglewood Hotel is our HOME BASE for watching games and functions during the year

How To Join: If you are a Member of the Western Bulldogs and live in WA, you are automatically a member of the WA Bulldogs.

Cheer Squad
Our Western Bulldogs Cheer Squad are bold, loud and proud.

Bringing plenty of noise and colour to our game day experience, the cheer squad helps create an electric atmosphere from behind the goals in a family-friendly environment.

Sydney Supporters Group
Sydneysiders celebrate! The Western Bulldogs Sydney Supporters group is back and we have a new home for games - The Botany View Hotel in Newtown.

For the Sydney match this year we will also have a function and will provide details shortly.

For more details, you can find us:

On Facebook - @westernbulldogssydneysupporters
On Instagram - @westernbulldogssydney
On Twitter - @BulldogsSydney
Or you can contact Colleen and Jo via sydneywesternbulldogs@gmail.com

bornadog
11-12-2019, 06:13 PM
This post should be pinned

Scraggers
11-12-2019, 08:29 PM
This post should be pinned

Done :cool:

Eastdog
12-12-2019, 01:45 PM

You could add this link for the East West Club to the OP B4L.

Still no announcement yet for the East West day.

bornadog
12-12-2019, 01:53 PM

Maybe they won’t have one?

Bulldog4life
12-12-2019, 05:21 PM

Done Easty.

Eastdog
12-12-2019, 09:05 PM
https://m.facebook.com/eastwestbulldogs/?__nodl&refsrc=https%3A%2F%2Fm.facebook.com%2Ffbrdr%2F274%2F29490568 3869227%2F%3Fref%3Dexternal%253Awww.google.com.au&ref=external%3Awww.google.com.au&_rdr

This is another useful page to add as well B4L.

Eastdog
12-12-2019, 09:05 PM
Maybe they won’t have one?

Yeah not sure BAD maybe it will be on in January sometime or February.

Bulldog4life
13-12-2019, 12:47 PM
https://m.facebook.com/eastwestbulldogs/?__nodl&refsrc=https%3A%2F%2Fm.facebook.com%2Ffbrdr%2F274%2F29490568 3869227%2F%3Fref%3Dexternal%253Awww.google.com.au&ref=external%3Awww.google.com.au&_rdr

This is another useful page to add as well B4L.

Yep updated Easty.

Eastdog
13-12-2019, 02:51 PM
Thanks B4L. Yes good idea in starting this thread to let woofers know of all the different WB supporter groups out there.

Eastdog
09-01-2020, 04:29 PM
I gave the East West Club an email and waiting to hear back from them in regards to when the East West day will be on.

Smads57
09-01-2020, 08:22 PM
I think you will find the East West Club have been forced to reconsider where they hold this year's event as the Football Club has pushed the potential date for the event into February which means the EWC may not be able to use the Wesley College football grounds as the school year will have recommenced including week-end sport.

I understand discussions are on-going.

This was my understanding in early December.

Eastdog
09-01-2020, 09:24 PM
Thanks for that update Smads.

Eastdog
21-01-2020, 09:32 PM
An email I received today from the East West Club. Will be renewing soon with the EW Bulldogs as well.

A happy new year to all our members, there promises to be plenty of excitement ahead for Bulldogs fans.

We thank you for your on-going support and invite you to stay with us and renew for 2020 by completing the attached membership form. Also attached is a short description of what we do and how we were able to support the Western Bulldogs and a number of community organisations in 2019.

We will contact you again shortly to provide details of our annual East meets West Kids' Football Clinic, which is being organised for the coming weeks.

Go Dogs!

Regards,
East-West Committee.

Eastdog
24-01-2020, 08:24 PM
Kennel Kapers from the past. Some great photos from old school East West days in the January 2009 Kennel Kaper.

https://eastwestbulldogs.com/page/2/

Eastdog
03-02-2020, 12:24 PM
Just renewed with the East West Bulldogs for 2020.

Twodogs
03-02-2020, 12:38 PM
Just renewed with the East West Bulldogs for 2020.

What benefits do you get with that Easty?

Eastdog
03-02-2020, 12:45 PM
What benefits do you get with that Easty?

Only $15 for a single and $25 for families

You receive the monthly Kennel Kapers newsletter and I think a discount to the annual Legends & Young Guns Dinner.

In 2019 the East West Club contributed $250 each to the WB foundation, EJ Whitten Foundation, Neil Schache Centre for Spinal Cord Reserach and Susan Alberti Medical Reserach Foundation.

Over the past 3 years the East West Club have generated $30,000 to the club through support of members and sponsors.

Twodogs
03-02-2020, 12:49 PM

You receive the monthly Kennel Kapers newsletter and I think a discount to the annual Legends & Young Guns Dinner.

In 2019 the East West Club contributed $250 each to the WB foundation, EJ Whitten Foundation, Neil Schache Centre for Spinal Cord Reserach and Susan Alberti Medical Reserach Foundation.

Over the past 3 years the East West Club have generated $30,000 to the club through support of members and sponsors.

Cheers mate. It sounds like a good deal.

Eastdog
03-02-2020, 02:42 PM
About East West Club:

In 2020, the East-West Bulldogs Supporter Group will continue its support of the Western Bulldogs as it has done since 1983.

Our group was formed primarily to represent Bulldogs’ supporters in the East and South-East areas of Melbourne, however, we welcome supporters and their families from wherever they may live.

Each year we make a financial contribution to the Western Bulldogs and thanks to the generous support of our members and sponsors we have contributed $30,000 to the club over the past three years.

We also support a number of community and health organisations which have a direct or indirect connection with our club. In 2019, we contributed $250 to each of the following:

 Western Bulldogs Community Foundation

 E J Whitten Foundation

 SHRMI Neil Sachse Centre for Spinal Cord Research

 Susan Alberti Medical Research Foundation.

In 2019, we continued to back our Western Bulldogs AFLW team by sponsoring player Naomi Ferres, a key member of our 2018 premiership side.

Each year at the Charles Sutton Medal event, we present our Young Gun award to the season’s best performed young player as voted by our Committee. Josh Dunkley was last year’s winner.

During the football season, we issue monthly copies of our Kennel Kapers newsletter. It’s an interesting read and keeps our members up to date with happenings at the East-West Bulldogs and football club.

Our support is made possible by the funds we raise through membership, our unique Tipping Competition, Legends & Young Guns Dinner, East Meets West Day and Christmas Raffle.

Please purchase an East-West Bulldogs membership and help us to continue supporting our beloved Western Bulldogs and the community in 2020 and beyond.

Go Dogs in 2020!

Tony Crehan
President

GVGjr
03-02-2020, 03:45 PM

I hope as many people in the East get in and join the EW club. A proud part of the club in my opinion.

Eastdog
03-02-2020, 07:55 PM
I hope as many people in the East get in and join the EW club. A proud part of the club in my opinion.

Yeah agree GVGjr. Great to support it as well if you are a Bulldogs fan in the northern suburbs as well. It has a history now the EW club being our oldest supporter group with origins from the early 80s.

Eastdog
03-02-2020, 08:00 PM
A bit about the formation of the East West Club from the June 2004 Kennel Kapers

https://eastwestbulldogs.files.wordpress.com/2017/03/kk-june-2004.pdf

Formation of the East West Club
By David McTaggart

During the winter of 1983, the board of the Footscray Football Club decided that it was time to recognise the large number of Footscray supporters in the Eastern and South Eastern suburbs.

Shane O’Sullivan, then General Manager, Ken Greenwood and Bill Molyneaux, both Directors at the time, felt that the time was right to form a group that could assist in fund raising for the Football Club.

It was decided to make the Mitcham Hotel, owned by Jim Olliver who later became a Director, the base and to name the group the East West Club.

Over one hundred people turned up for the inaugural meeting which was very encouraging. The group was addressed by Geoff Jennings, then captain of the Footscray Football Club, Ted Whitten Junior and Shane O’Sullivan and the audience was very impressed.

Geoff Verey, who was well known around the club as the ground announcer, was selected as the inaugural President. Mike Dudley was appointed Vice President, the late Val Cooper was appointed Secretary, Tom Eyval was appointed Membership Officer, Wayne Williams was appointed Social Secretary and the late Gerry Green was appointed Editor of the newsletter.

The attendees were then asked to nominate themselves if they were prepared to provide assistance and many people stepped forward.

They included:
Beryl Cox, Jennifer Lock, Val Munro, the late Colin Green, Clive Wright, Peter Ashby Geoff Gray, Joy Hodgson, Steve and Marg Pinwell and John and Lyn McSweeney.

As I could only find a limited number of records, I apologise if I have missed anyone out.

Family Days were organised and Geoff Verey recalls at the first family day he had difficulty in finding a car park at the venue, Norton Park. There was a large crowd and he asked Sue Evans and Gerry Green which crowd was ours to which
they both replied, ’All of them, they are all ours!’ Over six hundred adults and children attended including the whole Footscray team.

Family days were held at Norton Park, Scoresby Football Oval and later at Waverley Park.

Another fundraising effort in the early days was the Dinner Dances where up to three hundred people would attend.

The East West Club would be one of the oldest Coterie Groups if not the oldest and will continue to be a force in the Eastern and South Eastern suburbs, however we have now spread our wings all over Australia with members in every State.

I encourage the Football Club to place more emphasis on membership drives in other areas than just the Western Suburbs.

Eastdog
21-02-2020, 07:58 PM
Received my East West Club supporter pack today:

https://i.postimg.cc/gr87czG2/26-EF149-E-64-A5-41-C2-A506-A0-AFDB719528.jpg (https://postimg.cc/gr87czG2)

Jeanette54
29-02-2020, 01:18 PM
Are there any Bulldog supporter groups for the North/Central Victoria ? I live close to Seymour/Yea.

Bulldog4life
29-02-2020, 01:46 PM
Are there any Bulldog supporter groups for the North/Central Victoria ? I live close to Seymour/Yea.

The only current supporter groups are in the first post. So the answer is unfortunately no. Unless you want to start one up?:)

Eastdog
29-02-2020, 04:12 PM
The East West Day might be on early in the season I would think now.

Twodogs
01-03-2020, 07:40 PM

Start one. We can help with communication.

Jeanette54
10-03-2020, 06:34 PM
Start one. We can help with communication.

I remember how good the East-West were, back when my Grandfather was a member, and no doubt in these days of internet comms the task would be easier...

But seriously TD, where would one start ? I imagine that it would need the club's blessing, unless it was an entirely casual group. An article in the local paper, with an ad, would probably be enough to get the ball rolling; and maybe a local venue to watch the games for those who don't want to do late night travel on VR... and often stuff around with replacement busses.

It does bear some thinking about, perhaps someone from the East West group might have some thoughts.

Twodogs
10-03-2020, 07:20 PM
I remember how good the East-West were, back when my Grandfather was a member, and no doubt in these days of internet comms the task would be easier...

But seriously TD, where would one start ? I imagine that it would need the club's blessing, unless it was an entirely casual group. An article in the local paper, with an ad, would probably be enough to get the ball rolling; and maybe a local venue to watch the games for those who don't want to do late night travel on VR... and often stuff around with replacement busses.

It does bear some thinking about, perhaps someone from the East West group might have some thoughts.

Start with a venue where you can watch the interstate games Put some posters or some ads up.

I wouldn't bother telling the club until you have some solid figures to show them.

Eastdog
10-03-2020, 07:58 PM
From the Kennel Kapers newsletter I got via email today.

East West Club Events 2020

Monday 6 April - East Meets West Children’s Football Clinic at Wesley College.
Arrival time 5.00pm with clinic running from 5.30pm-6.30pm.
Approximate finish time 7pm
Event will include a sausage sizzle by the Committee.

Tuesday 4 August - Legends and Young Dinner at Mulgrave Country Club.
Further details for these events will be forwarded to our members as soon as they become available

Eastdog
10-03-2020, 08:03 PM

From the Kennel Kapers newsletter I got via email today:

“You will note that our East Meets West event format has changed since 2016. Some changes did receive some negative feedback on social media particularly at not getting the whole team to attend as in the past.
I would like to address those “observations.”

Over the last four years players returned from their break in December and January and almost immediately went into pre-season training camps. For example, Cape Schanck in December last year and then Maroochydore on the Sunshine Coast in January.
Such changes have meant that training occurs during the same period of December and January that we used to schedule for East Meets West. You can also now add to this the club and AFLPA guidelines on player appearances.

I love the history and what previous East-West committees and the football club have been able to achieve since 1983.
I remember the days at Norton Park where the players were presented on the back of a flat bed truck, and Jells Park where on one such outing the committee had to remove broken glass surrounding the training area. I also remember the great EMW days at Wesley College, Waverley Campus, in particular 2017 when an estimated 1,500 supporters arrived to have their photos taken with the Premiership Cups.

We presented the old format EMW with football club support up to the cancellation in 2016. I am sure our critics understand that these changes indicate a higher level of professionalism and are necessary for our football club to aim towards what all true supporters want—our football team holding the premiership cup aloft in September”.

Bulldog4life
10-03-2020, 08:42 PM

“You will note that our East Meets West event format has changed since 2016. Some changes did receive some negative feedback on social media particularly at not getting the whole team to attend as in the past.

Over the last four years players returned from their break in December and January and almost immediately went into pre-season training camps. For example, Cape Schanck in December last year and then Maroochydore on the Sunshine Coast in January.
Such changes have meant that training occurs during the same period of December and January that we used to schedule for East Meets West. You can also now add to this the club and AFLPA guidelines on player appearances.

I love the history and what previous East-West committees and the football club have been able to achieve since 1983.
I remember the days at Norton Park where the players were presented on the back of a flat bed truck, and Jells Park where on one such outing the committee had to remove broken glass sur- rounding the training area. I also remember the great EMW days at Wesley College, Waverley Campus, in particular 2017 when an estimated 1,500 supporters arrived to have their photos taken with the Premiership Cups.

We presented the old format EMW with football club support up to the cancellation in 2016. I am sure our critics understand that these changes indicate a higher level of professionalism and are necessary for our football club to aim towards what all true supporters want—our football team holding the premiership cup aloft in September”.

Must be having a look at WOOF.

Jeanette54
11-03-2020, 01:18 PM
Start with a venue where you can watch the interstate games Put some posters or some ads up.

I wouldn't bother telling the club until you have some solid figures to show them.

Thank-you Twodogs, venue selection will be important, bearing in mind the distances between town centres. Also we would need Fox to be able to ensure the game would be covered live. Plus a large screen so we can all get a view. Not sure that anything other than a licensed venue would have the facilities, but then that might turn off family people.

Time to give it some serious thought.

Twodogs
11-03-2020, 01:19 PM

I remember the days at Norton Park where the players were presented on the back of a flat bed truck, and Jells Park where on one such outing the committee had to remove broken glass surrounding the training area. I also remember the great EMW days at Wesley College, Waverley Campus, in particular 2017 when an estimated 1,500 supporters arrived to have their photos taken with the Premiership Cups.

I will just say that the footy club needs to be careful what they wish for. Do they want supporters or do they not want supporters?? Because I'm reading that as saying supporters just get in the way of the efficient running of a football club (like Basil Fawlty saying that his hotel would run a lot better if they didn't have to put up with guests poking around looking for things to go wrong) and that's just an insane thing to say from my point of view. Fans will only take a certain amount of being dicked about before they will start to follow another sport (they won't change clubs but they will change sports.) and we don't have enough fans to be pissing them up against the wall.

Axe Man
11-03-2020, 01:37 PM
I will just say that the footy club needs to be careful what they wish for. Do they want supporters or do they not want supporters?? Because I'm reading that as saying supporters just get in the way of the efficient running of a football club (like Basil Fawlty saying that his hotel would run a lot better if they didn't have to put up with guests poking around looking for things to go wrong) and that's just an insane thing to say from my point of view. Fans will only take a certain amount of being dicked about before they will start to follow another sport (they won't change clubs but they will change sports.) and we don't have enough fans to be pissing them up against the wall.

It's a balancing act between what's best for the players and the wants and needs of supporters.

The entire Collingwood list has been in my area over the past few days and have done an amazing job in community engagement.

After playing in Morwell on Sunday they made several concurrent appearances at local footy clubs around Warragul on Monday morning before a free family day in Warragul on Monday afternoon and a paid function on Monday night. They followed up yesterday appearing at local schools in the area and other visits such as the hospital before another function at Pakenham Racecourse. They were driven around by local Collingwood members and I know of at least one special visit 3 well known players made to someones home.

All this in the current Coronavirus climate, I have to begrudgingly commend them.

Eastdog
01-04-2020, 08:47 PM
Got this morning from the East West Club:

To our Members,

The thoughts of our committee are with you all in these most difficult times. Please follow the guidelines and advice provided by government and medical authorities and look after your loved ones, the elderly, and yourselves to curb the spread of the Corona Virus.

AFL football has rightly been put on hold and like every AFL team, our Western Bulldogs have implemented staff stand downs and other necessary measures in these very unusual and unexpected circumstances. Our thoughts are with them and others who have lost their jobs and livelihoods.

Our Supporter Group is also on hold until the season recommences. We shall not produce Kennel Kapers this month and our Children’s Clinic scheduled for April 6 at Wesley cannot go ahead. Our tipping competition is on hold pending the re-start of the 2020 fixture. In the event the season is cancelled we shall refund your tipping entry payments.

Please look forward and remain positive that this current situation will improve to a point where we can get to back to our normal day to day lives and activities. This would include supporting our Bulldogs team in 2020.

Regards to All,
Tony Crehan
President, East-West Supporter Group
(Supporting The Bulldogs since 1983)

Eastdog
30-04-2020, 04:48 PM
Update from the East West Club via email:

To our members,

I hope you are all well and managing to cope with life in these difficult times.

As advised in our previous email, the East-West Supporter Group has been placed on hold pending an announcement from the AFL on a likely resumption of matches. It now appears that the AFL will be providing information in May regarding the revised season, (fixture, format, hubs, venues etc), so at this stage the Committee intends to resume production of Kennel Kapers with a June edition.

All AFL clubs, including the Western Bulldogs will be facing many new challenges in the seasons ahead but due to a history of good governance our position appears a little better than some. The club however will still need extra support and you can be assured that your Committee will be looking at ways in which our group can best support our beloved Bulldogs.

Hopefully, things are on the improve, so please look forward and remain positive.

Kind regards to all,

Tony Crehan
President, East-West Supporter Group

Eastdog
05-08-2020, 09:09 PM
Sad news
From the August 2020 edition of Kennel Kapers I received via email today.

Vale Keith Nilsson

The East-West Group has lost one of our longest serving members with the passing of Keith Nilsson last week at the grand age of 95. His son, Russell, has sent us copies of articles from old editions of Kennel Kapers in which Keith shares some of his memories of life and as a Bulldogs supporter.

Russell assured us that Keith’s funeral at Springvale Cemetery was a “ real Bulldogs send-off”

Eastdog
08-09-2020, 04:15 PM
From September 2020 edition of Kennel Kapers

East West Club Donation

In this very disruptive year, our supporter group has not been able to hold our East Meets West Day & Children’s Clinic, our Legends & Young Gun Dinner or Tipping Competition.

These events are fund raisers and proceeds go towards our annual contribution to the Western Bulldogs. Despite this we are pleased to advise that on behalf of our members we have made a contribution this month to the club of $2,500.

Your support has meant total contributions over the past three years have now totalled $32,500 to our great Football Club. We also donate to a number of Bulldogs connected groups.

It should be noted here that the overall financial position of the Western Bulldogs Football Club is in relatively good shape thanks to the great work of the Board and the Club’s staff, the contributions of Members, the various Coterie and Supporter Groups, Sponsors and individual donors who all continue to financially support our club.

Our club is fortunate to be in this position as the AFL next year will make cuts to compensate for this difficult Coronavirus year that will affect all clubs.

AFL clubs are now multimillion dollar businesses and the sport they provide is part of the fabric of our culture. We Bulldogs supporters know what it has been like to support a struggling club. We should be proud that by your support , memberships, donations no matter how small, have seen our club grow to where it is today.

The club is now in a position where it is not reliant on the financial support of the AFL.

The club result includes supporting our team and the great community work it does off the field. Keep the faith and keep supporting the Bulldogs, we are heading in the right direction.

bornadog
08-09-2020, 04:31 PM
From September 2020 edition of Kennel Kapers

East West Club Donation

In this very disruptive year, our supporter group has not been able to hold our East Meets West Day & Children’s Clinic, our Legends & Young Gun Dinner or Tipping Competition.

These events are fund raisers and proceeds go towards our annual contribution to the Western Bulldogs. Despite this we are pleased to advise that on behalf of our members we have made a contribution this month to the club of $2,500.

Your support has meant total contributions over the past three years have now totalled $32,500 to our great Football Club. We also donate to a number of Bulldogs connected groups.

It should be noted here that the overall financial position of the Western Bulldogs Football Club is in relatively good shape thanks to the great work of the Board and the Club’s staff, the contributions of Members, the various Coterie and Supporter Groups, Sponsors and individual donors who all continue to financially support our club.

Our club is fortunate to be in this position as the AFL next year will make cuts to compensate for this difficult Coronavirus year that will affect all clubs.

AFL clubs are now multimillion dollar businesses and the sport they provide is part of the fabric of our culture. We Bulldogs supporters know what it has been like to support a struggling club. We should be proud that by your support , memberships, donations no matter how small, have seen our club grow to where it is today.

The club is now in a position where it is not reliant on the financial support of the AFL.

The club result includes supporting our team and the great community work it does off the field. Keep the faith and keep supporting the Bulldogs, we are heading in the right direction.

They need to go into the era of Digital.

Eastdog
08-09-2020, 07:38 PM
East West Bulldogs Kennel Kapers Sep 20 edition

From the past
By Michael Bromley

It was Round 16, Saturday, 2nd August 1969.

I was about to turn 16 years old and looking
forward to watching the Bulldogs play Geelong at Kardinia Park that afternoon, despite the fact we hadn't beaten the Cats there in my lifetime ... since 1945 in fact.

Geelong were well above us on the ladder and their star full forward Doug Wade was having a stellar season, having already kicked 89 goals in the first fifteen rounds.

Wade wasn’t expected to break the ton against the Dogs, however our supporters were nervous having seen him kick nine against us in a ten goal drubbing we received from the Cats earlier in the season.

Saturday morning was still a part of the working week for many, and I’d arranged to meet Dad “under the clocks” at Flinders St Station after he’d knocked off work. We were catching the train to Geelong, with the game scheduled to start at 2.10pm.

Dad arrived around 11am but he’d got the departure time wrong and the train was leaving just as he turned up.
We sprinted to the taxi rank, jumped into a cab and raced the train to Footscray station, beating it by a couple of minutes.

As the train pulled out of Footscray Station at around 11.15am, we breathed a sigh of relief and settled back to enjoy the journey.
Our relief was short lived however for about 15 minutes later the train stopped somewhere around Laverton.

So we waited, and waited, and waited ... but the train didn't move. Of course there was no communication from the driver and we all sat there growing increasingly frustrated. A few passengers jumped off and headed for the highway, a couple of hundred yards away, intending to thumb a ride.

Finally, it must have been around 1pm, the train began to roll but we were moving at a snail’s pace, around 30km/hour. (Later on we learned that the problem had been signal failures on the line).

When the match started our train was still kilometres from Geelong, but fortunately, I had my little transistor radio with me and I was able to listen in to the game.

The Cats established an early lead but the Dogs fought back in the second quarter and by the time we arrived at Geelong station, it was half time and we were three goals behind, not an insurmountable deficit.

Disgruntled supporters hurriedly disem- barked the train and after reminding station employees to “wind up the rubber bands” for the trip home made a beeline for the ground.

We arrived at the ground hoping for a win after the journey from hell but unfortunately the floodgates opened in the third quarter with the Cats kicking nine goals and a further seven in the last to win by 77 points.

And to top off the day, Wade kicked eleven to reach his hundredth goal milestone for the year.

It was a sad and sorry group of Bulldogs travellers who reboarded a train they had left scarcely an hour earlier for the journey home.

Thankfully, the trip home was uneventful and relatively quick.

The Footscray team that day included the likes of George Bisset, Ian Bryant, Gordon Casey, Dave Darcy, John Jillard, Stuart Magee, Bernie Quinlan, Barry Round, David Thorpe and the 36-year-old Teddy Whitten. There’s some handy names in that line-up.

Incidentally, Harry Skreja (No.37, I think?), was playing in his ninth game at the tender age of 16 1⁄2 years.

Geelong’s team that day included Bill Goggin, who would later coach Footscray, Bluey Hampshire who would play and coach at the club and John “Sam” Newman.

Eastdog
08-09-2020, 07:42 PM
East West Bulldogs Kennel Kapers Sep 20 edition

Racism in Football
By Tony Crehan

Racism is currently a much discussed topic in Australia and overseas. I am going to write here only on racism as it
relates to indigenous players in the AFL.

I believe generally in this modern era, the majority of our Australian society is very accepting of all our new arrivals and people of colour with only the actions of a few reflecting badly.

Hurtful racist comments will be heard from unthinking stirrers, as a result of negative socialisation and brainwashing and spur of the moment comments by upset supporters. Whatever the motivation it should not be tolerated. We must continue to call it out.

Historically, we can go back to 1993 and Nicky Winmar famously lifting his jumper to show his feeling on racial abuse.
It is unfortunate that indigenous players of the modern era such as Adam Goodes, Eddie Betts,

Chad Wingard and Neville Jetta, just to name a few, have been subject to racial abuse.
There is also the very moving story released in the media last week of Robert Muir and the trauma he has suffered due to racism.

I have a related story taken from some old football memorabilia that I came across when researching a bit of my family history.

My late father Bill played for Parkside in the then Footscray District League in the 1930s. Later, he played some games for the

Footscray Seconds including one final.

The photograph below is of the 1936 Parkside premiership team. My father is third from the left in the front row and beside him is an indigenous player, Jimmy Lovett.

I have included an article on Page 6 which describes how the team got around their teammate Jimmy and supported him.

Eastdog
20-09-2020, 12:55 PM
To our East-West members,

The following is a message from your East-West Supporter Group Committee.

Over the past two years we have worked with the Western Bulldogs Community Foundation in an attempt to bring some of their programs to our East West Supporter Group Members in the East. We have attached a link below for our female members and supporters in the East who may be interested in participating in a Daughters of the West program. Due to Covid restrictions this program is to be delivered online via Zoom. The link below has program details and a section to register for the ‘Wider Victoria’ tickets. The football club has given the foundation approval to issue a limited number of invitations to our East-West members.

The link is:
https://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/foundation/programs/daughters-of-the-west

Regards,
Tony Crehan
President
East West Supporter Group of The Western Bulldogs.

Eastdog
01-11-2020, 09:54 PM
2021 East West Membership Form

https://eastwestbulldogs.com/

https://eastwestbulldogs.files.wordpress.com/2020/10/2021-east-west-membership-form.pdf

Planning on signing up once again as an EW Member for 2021. It has been a tough year for the supporter group in terms of events due to Covid-19.

Eastdog
07-11-2020, 06:53 PM
Submitted my 2021 East West Bulldogs membership form today via email.

Eastdog
07-12-2020, 09:00 PM
Submitted my 2021 East West Bulldogs membership form today via email.

Payment went through a few weeks ago for the East West Club membership so on board once again in 2021.

Eastdog
09-03-2021, 06:53 PM
Received my 2021 East West Bulldogs stuff today:

https://i.postimg.cc/jWtQPZsG/6-B9-CD8-FF-8-FDF-45-C1-A248-565-CCFB89334.jpg (https://postimg.cc/jWtQPZsG)

https://i.postimg.cc/v4Wt4pdr/B5-E7-BFEA-3-A75-496-E-A594-6-F3-E0-DA68525.jpg (https://postimg.cc/v4Wt4pdr)

Eastdog
11-03-2021, 11:48 AM
An email from the East West Bulldogs:

To our East-West Members,

The Sons of the West Health Program is facilitated by the Western Bulldogs Community Foundation in partnership with local councils and community health services across western Victoria. Sons of the West is a free 10-week health program for men commencing in March 2021.

Limited spots in the program are available to East-West members and those interested will find further information at:

https://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/foundation/programs/sons-of-the-west

Regards,

East-West Committee

Eastdog
14-04-2021, 05:45 PM
This was an excerpt I got from the East West Club Kennel Kapers April 2021 edition today in regards to the Sons of the West program:

Further to my above advice, we are pleased to advise that the Western Bulldogs Community Foundation recently informed us that a

Sons of the West (Maroondah) program looks to be going ahead in July.

As this news has just been received you will understand that a lot of planning will go into this program over the next few months.

We will, in cooperation with the Football Club, give you further details and updates as soon as they become available.

Good stuff from the East West Club. Sons of the west expanding even further to Whittlesea in the north and now Maroondah in the east.

Eastdog
14-04-2021, 05:51 PM
From Kennel Kapers April 2021 edition:

East West Supporter Group going forward

Last year due to Covid, everything was put on hold and everyone was inconvenienced in some way or other.

As a Supporter Group of the Western Bulldogs and especially now, in what is hopefully a new ongoing non-Covid era, we are working with the club to increase memberships from the area we represent outside of the Bulldog heartland.

We mentioned in our last Kennel Kapers our meeting at Whitten Oval with club executives to continue with this membership support and other club initiatives.

We shall also continue to look at introducing any of the Club’s programs that can possibly be rolled out in the East for our supporters and East-West members.

We will look at revamping our children’s football clinic and family BBQ programs which have been put on hold due to Covid. We shall continue to support Bulldogs related community and health groups made possible by your memberships and donations.

One tradition we do have in place is our Legends and Young Guns Dinner at Mulgrave Country Club now booked for Tuesday 3rd August.

We shall provide more information and booking information as soon as we can on this event. In short a number of events are on hold but we shall keep you updated and we would always welcome any input from our members.

Twodogs
14-04-2021, 11:49 PM
Get involved Easty. SOTW is a fantastic program.

Eastdog
16-04-2021, 10:54 PM

Yes I have heard great things about this program.

KT31
18-04-2021, 06:18 PM

Can’t see Easty giving up the Parma and cops that easily.:D

Eastdog
19-05-2021, 11:34 AM
From the Kennel Kapers No.3 - May 2021:

Reaching out to East-West Foundation Members

I was sad to hear of the recent passing of Ken Greenwood a past player and club Director.

Ken had an important role in the establishment of our Supporter Group in 1983. Ken together with the then General Manager, and another Director, Bill Molyneaux were instrumental in establishing a Supporter Group in the Eastern Suburbs.

They worked hard to promote this concept and raise funds for the football club. Over 100 people turned up for the inaugural East-West meeting. It was a group passionate and dedicated to spreading the Bulldogs brand.

Over the years at our East-West events I have been lucky enough to meet some of those originals. They tell their stories of post-game get togethers at the then Western Oval, dinner dances, family days at Norton Reserve, Jells Park, and Wesley College. They also, with others, played an important role in fund raising for the 1989 fight back to save our club.

Our current committee will continue to reach out to those remaining original members and would love to hear from them and print their stories in future editions of Kennel Kapers.

The Committee will vote on what it considers to be the best story and award the author a signed 2021 team jumper - the winner to be announced in the year’s final edition of Kennel Kapers. Look forward to hearing from you with your stories.

Sons of the West in The East

Part of the charter of the East-West Supporter Group since our inception in 1983 is to promote the Bulldogs in any way we can in the East and areas outside the Bulldogs Heartland.

We are very pleased to advise that the Western Bulldogs Sons of the West (SOTW) program Is coming to the East. The SOTW program is a highly regarded Men’s Health and Wellbeing program and is operated by the Western Bulldogs Community Foundation in cooperation with a local Council.

The program in the East has been targeted to start in July 2021,and will be aimed at men in the Maroondah Council area.

The suburbs in the Maroondah Council area:

- Bayswater North
- Croydon
- Croydon Hills
- Croydon North
- Croydon South
- Heathmont
- Kilsyth (Shared with the Shire of Yarra Ranges)
- Kilsyth South
- Park Orchards (Shared with the City of Manningham)
- Ringwood
- Ringwood East
- Ringwood North (Shared with City of Manningham)
- Vermont (Shared with the City of Whitehorse)
- Warranwood
- Wonga Park (Shared with the City of Manningham and Shire of Yarra Ranges)

The leader of this program at the Western Bulldogs has requested that anybody interested join an informal preliminary discussion with him and a member of the Maroondah Council, via a Zoom Forum.

He has asked us to compile a list of email addresses for those that wish to join them so to those who live within the Maroondah Council area and are interested in taking part in this preliminary discussion, please send your email address as soon as possible to :

tony.crehan@icloud.com.

Your reply will come directly from the program leader at the Western Bulldogs Football Club.

Time for the Zoom Forum

Wednesday 26th May - 6 PM

Eastdog
26-07-2021, 03:05 PM
From Kennel Kapers No. 5 - July 2021

East-West Going Forward

Your East-West Committee is in discussion with the football club to get a Legends function going at the end of the current season possibly in October.

Another project we are working on, also post-season, is aiming to provide bus transport pick ups at various points in the East and South-East to take any interested supporters on a tour of the VU Whitten Oval.

Such a visit could include a tour of the venue facilities, the Bulldogs Museum, the area of the planned new facilities, the Bulldog Shop and a walk around the oval for those that are interested.

The tour would finish with a pre-planned meal at Barkers Cafe and then a return to the bus for the journey home stopping at drop-off points in the East and South-East.

These initiatives are still very much in the planning stage and we aim to have more news for you in the August Kennel Kapers subject to all the scenarios that may occur.

Sons of the West is coming to the East

We are very pleased to be able to advise you that the Western Bulldogs Community Foundation Sons of The West is heading to the East.

Details and registration and Foundation contact details for this program are outlined below. This particular program is aimed at the Maroondah local government area. We shall continue to work in association with the football club to promote and keep you informed of future women’s or men’s programs for our Bulldogs and East-West members and supporters in the East and South- East.

We shall always emphasise to the club that there is a strong core of Bulldogs supporters in the East who are passionate Bulldogs members. It is important to promote our club and our brand in the East to build our football club membership as your East-West Supporters Group has been doing since 1983.

Sons of the West is coming to MAROONDAH

Are you interested in learning about your health, getting active, making new friends and being involved in your local community? Then Sons of the West is for you!

Facilitated by the Western Bulldogs Community Foundation in partnership with Maroondah City Council, Sons of the West is a free 10-week health program for men.

Sons of the West is open to men aged 18 and over who live in the Maroondah LGA area.

Starting Wednesday 4 August 2021 6:30pm to 8:30pm

Please note, all attendees MUST register and have a ticket to attend. Sons of the West 2021 program will run in accordance with government COVID-19 restrictions.

To register go to https://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/sons2021

For further information email foundation@westernbulldogs.com.au

Eastdog
08-01-2022, 09:53 PM
Sent through my 2022 East West Bulldogs renewal form last night.

Eastdog
25-06-2022, 10:19 PM
Email about the East West Legends and Young Guns Dinner

Dear Member,

The East-West Committee takes pleasure in inviting you to our Legends Night to be held on Tuesday, 2 August 2022 at the Mulgrave Country Club.

It promises to be a great night with the Legends, Past Players and Club representatives attending. All details are included with the attached application form which you are asked to complete and return no later than Friday 15 July.

Book early and avoid disappointment!

Regards,

East-West Bulldogs Committee

Eastdog
09-09-2022, 10:35 PM
East West Club Inc. Annual General Meeting

Our East West Supporter Group AGM will be held on Monday 21st November starting at 7.30 PM at the Mulgrave Country Club.

We are always seeking new committee members who may like to join a dedicated group of Bulldogs supporters who want to do just that little bit more for our football club. Our committee holds one meeting a month usually at the Mulgrave Country Club (or via Zoom if necessary) and a couple of times a year help out at functions to raise funds as part of our charter to assist the football club financially.

Part of our 2023 year will be the celebration of the 40th year of our East West Supporter Group and our ongoing support of the Bulldogs over that time.

Eastdog
09-09-2022, 10:39 PM
East West Inc 40th Anniversary Celebration

As mentioned above, 2023 will mark the 40th year of the East West Supporter Group.

It all started with a meeting at the Mitcham Hotel in 1983 of a group of like minded Bulldogs supporters who lived in the east and south east of Melbourne or outside the traditional Bulldog heartland. I assume that our East-West membership of today consists of a mixture of supporters who were raised or lived in the west who moved to the east plus the traditional Bulldogs people who maybe through a number of generations resided in the east.

We are already in discussion with the Club on how we can best celebrate this occasion. We shall keep you informed on this event.

Eastdog
14-12-2022, 11:24 PM
Just sent through my 2023 East West Bulldogs Membership renewal form. Will need to call the East West Bulldogs Treasurer and pay by phone as it states if you pay by MasterCard you need to call them up.

40th anniversary in 2023 for the East West Bulldogs.

Bulldog4life
15-12-2022, 11:35 AM
Just sent through my 2023 East West Bulldogs Membership renewal form. Will need to call the East West Bulldogs Treasurer and pay by phone as it states if you pay by MasterCard you need to call them up.

40th anniversary in 2023 for the East West Bulldogs.

That is a great effort.

Eastdog
17-12-2022, 07:27 PM
That is a great effort.

I have been a East West Bulldogs for a few years but yes it’s a great effort. Established back in 1983 6 years before I was born!

Our oldest supporter group which anyone can join but targeted to our supporters in the east and south eastern suburbs of Melbourne.

Grantysghost
17-12-2022, 07:31 PM
I have been a East West Bulldogs for a few years but yes it’s a great effort. Established back in 1983 6 years before I was born!

So good! I'm from the west, and have worked in the east for nearly 25 years, I can tell you we are absolutely foreigners.

How many times I've heard they should blow up the West Gate Bridge to keep "us" out. All in good fun, but it does get a little old.

Apparently everyone in the Eastern Suburbs lives in Toorak.

Eastdog
17-12-2022, 07:33 PM
So good! I'm from the west, and have worked in the east for nearly 25 years, I can tell you we are absolutely foreigners.

How many times I've heard they should blow up the West Gate Bridge to keep "us" out. All in good fun, but it does get a little old.

Apparently everyone in the Eastern Suburbs lives in Toorak.

I live in the east not Toorak :D but loving going to the west now on the weekends. Love Williamstown great suburb right near the beach. Been great going for my driving experience. I know the inner west streets now so well.

Grantysghost
17-12-2022, 07:39 PM
I live in the east not Toorak :D but loving going to the west now on the weekends. Love Williamstown great suburb right near the beach. Been great going for my driving experience. I know the inner west streets now so well.

Legend.

The suburbs of the East are amazingly like the suburbs of the West. But somehow they're better!

Eastdog
17-12-2022, 07:41 PM
Legend.

The suburbs of the East are amazingly like the suburbs of the West. But somehow they're better!

Yep I sometimes feel not much different some very leafy streets in the inner west.

In Willy I love the Point Gellibrand lookout. Great spot there to relax.

Grantysghost
17-12-2022, 07:55 PM
Yep I sometimes feel not much different some very leafy streets in the inner west.

In Willy I love the Point Gellibrand lookout. Great spot there to relax.

You'll love this story ED.

My parents are originally from Willy and Spotswood.

They had a small house in Osborne St. that they rented opposite the footy ground. They were given the option to buy it for 6k. This would have been the late 60s.
Instead my Dad decided MELTON was the place to be.

Now that house is worth 1.5 mill and their house in Melton is probably about a third of that.

I often remind my Mum (Dad has departed sadly) about that ! But at the time you just don't know.

Me and my brother had a great childhood in Melton so can't complain too much.

Eastdog
17-12-2022, 08:01 PM

They had a small house in Osborne St. that they rented opposite the footy ground. They were given the option to buy it for 6k. This would have been the late 60s.

Now that house is worth 1.5 mill and their house in Melton is probably about a third of that.

I often remind my Mum (Dad has departed sadly) about that ! But at the time you just don't know.

The footy ground on Osbourne Street Fearon Reserve. Have driven Osbourne Street. There is a nice little cafe Fifi’s by the beach on the corner of the Esplande and Forster Street.

Willy properties values well over $1 million today.

The bulldog tragician
19-12-2022, 12:03 PM

Western suburbs families including mine loved to move socially upwards…mine headed out to the up-and-coming Deer Park. They were proud to leave behind those old fashioned period homes in daggy Yarraville and run-down Seddon and do better in ultra modern housing estates in those flat featureless paddocks…ours was almost the last house at that point at the edges of the outer west until Rockbank. Unfortunately a slight “hitch” meant when we moved in, we didn’t have sewerage connected and couldn’t even have a septic tank. Until 1979 mind you..an indictment on the councils and state governments of the time.

bornadog
19-12-2022, 12:10 PM
Western suburbs families including mine loved to move socially upwards…mine headed out to the up-and-coming Deer Park. They were proud to leave behind those old fashioned period homes in daggy Yarraville and run-down Seddon and do better in ultra modern housing estates in those flat featureless paddocks…ours was almost the last house at that point at the edges of the outer west until Rockbank. Unfortunately a slight “hitch” meant when we moved in, we didn’t have sewerage connected and couldn’t even have a septic tank. Until 1979 mind you..an indictment on the councils and state governments of the time.

We were the same and moved from what was West Footscray (now Kingsville) out to West Sunshine to Hall st, the last street running East West. Beyond our street there were still cows, horses and stone walls dividing paddocks built by convicts.

There were no roads, just dirt and no sewerage connection as well. As a small kid I remember the road being made and the toilets finally moved from the outside dunny to inside. Many kids from Deer Park came to our high school (Sunshine West High).

By the 1970s, new housing estates were starting to pop up and the area grew rapidly.

Eastdog
23-12-2022, 10:14 PM
I believe back then Deer Park was like the outskirts of Melbourne past that where Caroline Springs is today was all farmland. Hoppers and Werribee (considered more rural back then) were the older suburbs and those new estates in Point Cook and Tarneit were farmland as well.

bornadog
24-12-2022, 12:10 AM
I believe back then Deer Park was like the outskirts of Melbourne past that where Caroline Springs is today was all farmland. Hoppers and Werribee (considered more rural back then) were there older suburbs and those new estates in Point Cook and Tarneit were farmland as well.

Yes there was nothing there at all.

Grantysghost
24-12-2022, 09:30 AM
I believe back then Deer Park was like the outskirts of Melbourne past that where Caroline Springs is today was all farmland. Hoppers and Werribee (considered more rural back then) were the older suburbs and those new estates in Point Cook and Tarneit were farmland as well.

Deer Park => nothing for 10k => Rockbank => nothing for 10k => Melton => nothing for 15k => Bacchus Marsh.

Now Rockbank (Aintree / woodlea) is nearly hitting Caroline Springs and from the north Diggers Rest is slowly merging into the newer suburbs between CS and Sunbury.

It's insane the growth. There's an entire north south band from Werribee to Sunbury that's being filled in.

Eastdog
24-12-2022, 04:24 PM
Deer Park => nothing for 10k => Rockbank => nothing for 10k => Melton => nothing for 15k => Bacchus Marsh.

Now Rockbank (Aintree / woodlea) is nearly hitting Caroline Springs and from the north Diggers Rest is slowly merging into the newer suburbs between CS and Sunbury.

It's insane the growth. There's an entire north south band from Werribee to Sunbury that's being filled in.

Is the outer western suburbs still the fastest growing area in Australia still? At one stage I believe it was.

Stevo
24-12-2022, 04:42 PM
Years back there was a goof group called the Bulldogs Taskforce. They did a regular news letter. Are the still around?

Eastdog
29-12-2022, 06:15 PM
Years back there was a goof group called the Bulldogs Taskforce. They did a regular news letter. Are the still around?

Yeah good question Stevo. I’m not sure. I know the East West Bulldogs email out a monthly news letter called Kennel Kapers.

Eastdog
20-02-2023, 09:08 PM
https://i.postimg.cc/jwz71kLh/DB5-DEE54-8-BEC-48-BB-AFE0-8-F3-ED0-FFC7-F2.jpg (https://postimg.cc/jwz71kLh)

WBFC4FFC
20-02-2023, 10:12 PM
https://i.postimg.cc/jwz71kLh/DB5-DEE54-8-BEC-48-BB-AFE0-8-F3-ED0-FFC7-F2.jpg (https://postimg.cc/jwz71kLh)

Got our families one in the mail today too.

Big thanks to Tony and the East-West committee.

Eastdog
21-02-2023, 11:31 AM
Got our families one in the mail today too.

Big thanks to Tony and the East-West committee.

Been a member of the East West Club for few years. Loved the East West training days and went to a few of those before being a member. Covid hurt that event. 40 years a great achievement. Our oldest supporter group.

Eastdog
09-06-2023, 02:17 PM
EAST WEST 40TH ANNIVERSARY DINNER

The East-West supporter group was formed in
1983 to help support the Western Bulldogs and
we have stood with our beloved club through the
good times and the bad for the last forty years.

The Committee now invites you to help us celebrated this wonderful milestone at our 40th Anniversary Dinner to be held on Tuesday, 18 July at the Mulgrave Country Club.

We will have several past legends as our special guests, including some members of our 2016
premiership team and representatives from the
football club.

There will also be a 40 years commemorative gift for all who attend.

This event will sell out quickly so avoid disappointment and complete the booking form which
you will find below. All details are on the form.

We look forward to seeing you there and sharing some memories.

Your East West Committee.

2023 East-West 40th Anniversary Dinner Booking Form-

The East-West Bulldogs, a supporter group of the Western Bulldogs in Melbourne’s east and
south-eastern suburbs, is pleased to invite you to our 40th Anniversary Dinner to help us celebrate
our forty years of supporting the mighty Western Bulldogs.

We will have several past legends as our special guests, including some members of our 2016
premiership team. Unfortunately, due to Covid protocols we are unable to invite any of our Young
Guns this year, for which we apologise.

When: Tuesday, 18 July 6.30pm for a 7pm start
Where: Mulgrave Country Club, corner Jells and Wellington Roads, Mulgrave (Melway Ref. 80 H1)
East-West members $80 Non-members $85 Children Under 12 half price
Enjoy a three-course meal with drinks at bar prices.
RSVP: No later than Friday July 14, 2023
Legends: To be advised Club Representatives: to be advised Dress: Smart Casual.
Please note guests are subject to change.
Forward your booking to
East-West Bulldogs. PO Box 876, Croydon VIC 3136, or Email: eastwestbulldogs@gmail.com.
Any enquires can be made by contacting Rhonda on 0408 511 107
Name ……………………………………………………………………………………………………
Phone …………………………………………………………………………….......................... .....
Email Address ………………………………………………………………….............................. .
Postal Address if no email ……………………………………………...................................... ..
Please reserve ……. seats @ $80 …... @ $85 Children under 12 .......
I wish to be seated with………………………………………………………….
I require special meals……….................................. Eg Vegetarian/vegan/Gluten free etc.)
All bookings will be confirmed by email or post.
Payment methods: Credit Card/Electronic Transfer, cash or cheque, bank deposit.
Please ensure that your surname and LG23 are included in the reference field. For credit card
payments please call Paula on 0433 336 010
For up-dates check out our Facebook page: East West Bulldogs Club Inc

Eastdog
27-11-2023, 12:13 AM
EAST/WEST 2023 KIDS FOOTY CLINIC

On their 40th anniversary, the Western Bulldogs East West Supporter Group will host a special ‘East Meets West Kids Footy Clinic’ for junior fans.

Date: Saturday 9 December 2023

Time: 10:00am - 1:00pm

Where: Wesley College main training ground, Glen Waverley

Western Bulldogs AFL and AFLW players in attendance

** players are subject to change

Join in the fun as we celebrate the mighty Bulldogs in the East, with footy, face painting, give-aways, raffles, a sausage sizzle and ice-creams.

Western Bulldogs Membership Department will be in attendance for any Season 2024 questions and Membership renewals.

For children participating in the football clinic please bring football boots/runners, a drink bottle, hat and sunscreen.

To RSVP, please email - eastwestbulldogs@gmail.com

by no later than 1/12/2023

We look forward to seeing you on the day!

Regards,
East-West Bulldogs Committee