PDA

View Full Version : Who Am I? (No Gamers Edition)

bulldogtragic
13-01-2020, 01:46 PM
Simple enough concept. The subject must have been drafted by the club (main list &/or rookie list), but did not actually play a senior game. Because they're harder to guess, please give the decade they were drafted with a rough range of the pick, and a short bio like our recruiter would've told the membership base. The winner posts the next question within a few hours or others can jump in to keep the thread moving if there's a 3-4 hour time lapse.

To keep most woofers interested, may I suggest we cover from the 80's to last year. Last year's draftees don't count.

For example, Who Am I?

I was drafted between 2010 & 2019. I was a top 50 pick. I'm a mature hard running player, and a great ball user who has a laser like kick. But by the end of my time with the club, I didn't play a single AFL game.

Who Am I?

Axe Man
13-01-2020, 02:02 PM
Matt Fuller?

bulldogtragic
13-01-2020, 02:22 PM
Matt Fuller?

Winner! You're up.

Axe Man
13-01-2020, 02:56 PM
Drafted with a late pick in a national draft during the first decade of this century, I was a midfield / half forward type. I was hard at it, well skilled with an eye for goal, however my lack of fitness, attitude and some dubious off-field activities ensured I never made an AFL debut.

Mofra
13-01-2020, 03:00 PM
Drafted with a late pick in a national draft during the first decade of this century, I was a midfield / half forward type. I was hard at it, well skilled with an eye for goal, however my lack of fitness, attitude and some dubious off-field activities ensured I never made an AFL debut.
Guy O'Keefe?

Axe Man
13-01-2020, 03:02 PM
Guy O'Keefe?

Correct.

Mofra
13-01-2020, 03:15 PM
Who am I?

Taken between 2000 and 2009, I was a strongly build player who, when all levels of football are taken into account, represented state sides for three different state rep sides (two different states and an all stars team).

bulldogtragic
13-01-2020, 11:52 PM
Who am I?

Taken between 2000 and 2009, I was a strongly build player who, when all levels of football are taken into account, represented state sides for three different state rep sides (two different states and an all stars team).

Tough. Wells or O’Shea?

Bulldog Joe
14-01-2020, 08:57 AM
Tough. Wells or O’Shea?

Wells came to mind, but the 2 states disqualifies him.

Surely it is a Scott Clayton special. Taken at a young age because "he would be top 10 next year" player.

Mofra
14-01-2020, 09:35 AM
Tough. Wells or O’Shea?
No to both.
Hint: I was a rookie selection.

Happy Days
14-01-2020, 10:15 AM
No to both.
Hint: I was a rookie selection.

Panos?

Mofra
14-01-2020, 10:24 AM
Panos?
Nup, but good guess.

soupman
14-01-2020, 10:57 AM
Michael West?

Mofra
14-01-2020, 11:17 AM
Nope.

One more clue - he was at another club before we rookied him.

bulldogtragic
14-01-2020, 11:24 AM
Nope.

One more clue - he was at another club before we rookied him.

Tommy Gun?

Mofra
14-01-2020, 11:29 AM
Nope!
This guy is a current player manager.

Axe Man
14-01-2020, 12:22 PM
Nope!
This guy is a current player manager.

Marty Pask?

Is this thread for players that haven't played a senior AFL game at all or just for the Bulldogs?

Mofra
14-01-2020, 12:30 PM
Marty Pask?

Is this thread for players that haven't played a senior AFL game at all or just for the Bulldogs?
Yep. I thought it was for the Bulldogs.
He only spent one year on our list, poor guy was just ruined with injury.

bulldogtragic
14-01-2020, 12:31 PM
Marty Pask?

Good question, my op was perhaps vague. I think no VFL/AFL Games at all (unless explicitly said the opposite). The short bio/style of player type is probably the most important factor as ‘no gamers’ is a much harder version.

Axe Man
14-01-2020, 01:02 PM
Drafted in the 1990s I was a smallish midfielder who also loved a goal. A legend of the VFA I was unable to make the transition to the big time.

Twodogs
14-01-2020, 01:37 PM
Yep. I thought it was for the Bulldogs.
He only spent one year on our list, poor guy was just ruined with injury.

Wasn't he Aker's bridle pony? The good-ordinary player who happens to be best mates with the superstar you are trying to import into the club?

Mofra
14-01-2020, 01:39 PM
Wasn't he Aker's bridle pony? The good-ordinary player who happens to be best mates with the superstar you are trying to import into the club?
Yep - kind of like Sam Reid at GWS

Twodogs
14-01-2020, 01:42 PM
Yep - kind of like Sam Reid at GWS

Correct. Although Sam must be getting towards Ward's games total at GWS.

He's still on their list isn't he? If he isn't then he has only just retired-again.

Mofra
14-01-2020, 02:27 PM
Correct. Although Sam must be getting towards Ward's games total at GWS.

He's still on their list isn't he? If he isn't then he has only just retired-again.
Just broke the record for the longest time between debut and game number 50, but now we're getting sidetracked.

Mofra
14-01-2020, 02:30 PM
Drafted in the 1990s I was a smallish midfielder who also loved a goal. A legend of the VFA I was unable to make the transition to the big time.
Saade Ghazi?
I assume by VFA it would be someone from early in the decade.

Axe Man
14-01-2020, 02:57 PM
Saade Ghazi?

That's him. I was disappointed to see in more recent photos the massive perm he used to sport is long gone.

Mofra
14-01-2020, 03:26 PM
That's him. I was disappointed to see in more recent photos the massive perm he used to sport is long gone.
I can only picture him with the perm.

Alright - rookied to Footscray sometime between 1980-89, I had a unique connection to cult hero Zeno Tzatzaris.

Twodogs
14-01-2020, 07:17 PM
Saade Ghazi?

I went to school with Saade. My mate and I were walking over the Cross street bridge on our way into the ground for r2 1983 when Saade walkns up to us "hey guys, where do the u/19s play? is it at the same ground as the seniors?" (keeping in mind it's around 5 minutes to match time) and when we said that as an u/19 player then he should have been at Victoria Park getting ready to play Collingwood u/19s he yelled a rude word and stormed off!

Mofra
15-01-2020, 09:27 AM
I went to school with Saade. My mate and I were walking over the Cross street bridge on our way into the ground for r2 1983 when Saade walkns up to us "hey guys, where do the u/19s play? is it at the same ground as the seniors?" (keeping in mind it's around 5 minutes to match time) and when we said that as an u/19 player then he should have been at Victoria Park getting ready to play Collingwood u/19s he yelled a rude word and stormed off!
Reminds me of Daniel Hargreaves who was so shy when he was drafted he was once late to a reserves game at Kardinia Park because he was too shy to ask for a lift with a teammate and the V-Line train was delayed.