PDA

View Full Version : Rnd 1 Dogs vs Pies Marvel Stadium GA Seating Priority!

Cyberdoggie
26-02-2020, 05:16 PM
So Every year we sell our soul to the big clubs, in particular the magpies, for our home games at Marvel Stadium.

Last time we basically reserved half of level 3 for Collingwood 'away' members only.

I understand there must be a cash incentive but this 'bending over' to satisfy an away club and give them priority over your own members is pathetic.

There was one year they expanded it to half of level 3, and probably only 20% of it was used.
They also made it a sunday funday and advertised kids to come along and get in for free. Only problem is we had to squish into the remaining seats up in the nose bleeds and they sold out leaving many with standing room only or upgrading to a reserve seat.

This is bad enough mid-season in the middle of winter when the crowds are down, but what are they going to do round 1?

I'm predicting if you have a GA WB membership 3/4 of the ground is going to be reserved and they will have to turn many away. There will be more Collingwood people with reserved seats than bulldogs supporters and it will feel like an away game for our team.

Cash may be king but if we keep bending over to bigger clubs like this we will never be treated as equal.

We don't get an option to get guaranteed reserved seats for away games at Marvel against Essendon, they basically say good luck getting in, this is our house!

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
26-02-2020, 05:27 PM
So Every year we sell our soul to the big clubs, in particular the magpies, for our home games at Marvel Stadium.

Last time we basically reserved half of level 3 for Collingwood 'away' members only.

I understand there must be a cash incentive but this 'bending over' to satisfy an away club and give them priority over your own members is pathetic.

There was one year they expanded it to half of level 3, and probably only 20% of it was used.
They also made it a sunday funday and advertised kids to come along and get in for free. Only problem is we had to squish into the remaining seats up in the nose bleeds and they sold out leaving many with standing room only or upgrading to a reserve seat.

This is bad enough mid-season in the middle of winter when the crowds are down, but what are they going to do round 1?

I'm predicting if you have a GA WB membership 3/4 of the ground is going to be reserved and they will have to turn many away. There will be more Collingwood people with reserved seats than bulldogs supporters and it will feel like an away game for our team.

Cash may be king but if we keep bending over to bigger clubs like this we will never be treated as equal.

We don't get an option to get guaranteed reserved seats for away games at Marvel against Essendon, they basically say good luck getting in, this is our house!

I hear what your saying, and I agree. However the fact we're sitting right now with only a tick over 36,000 members maybe doesn't give the club much room for playing hard-ball.

Axe Man
26-02-2020, 06:08 PM
Thanks for reminding me about this Cyberdoggie. Being a GA member and a Friday night game meaning I can't get there much before game time it's a issue.

Having a quick look on the ticketing website it looks like there are 10 bays on level 3 on the Harbour side wing that are available for reserved seating purchase. All the available seats are in the back half and cost $49 a pop, or $20 as a member upgrade. I'm not sure how much of the rest of level 3 is GA and what has already been reserved for the scum supporters.

bornadog
26-02-2020, 06:32 PM
Should have been theMCG

chef
26-02-2020, 06:56 PM
Tickets got. Bring it on.

Eastdog
26-02-2020, 08:51 PM
Should have been theMCG

Do you reckon BAD if we were consistently getting 50K members each season we would play some home games at the G? Even the Cats and Saints over the years have played the odd home game there and they are not even tenant clubs of the G.

jeemak
26-02-2020, 10:26 PM
Do you reckon BAD if we were consistently getting 50K members each season we would play some home games at the G? Even the Cats and Saints over the years have played the odd home game there and they are not even tenant clubs of the G.

Easty…………….

westdog54
27-02-2020, 04:35 PM
double

westdog54
27-02-2020, 04:36 PM

Easty…………….

Here we go again...

Eastdog
27-02-2020, 04:37 PM
Will leave it there :)

LostDoggy
27-02-2020, 05:23 PM
I don't have an issue with with GA being allocated, I mean it is GA so if it gets more bums on seats that the club benefits from financially all good I guess, it isn't as if we would have a lock out with all our member attending, however getting other teams members in our Member allocated seating area is an issue, one snot rag of a collingwood supporter cracked the sads because our group mentioned that the front row was reserved and to go back to her seat she sooked it up a treat, and was on fire after they got up, she even got up in my face crying over the seat still even though I said nothing to her. I am all for banter and fun at the footy but unfortunately some people are all about triggering others and pick the wrong person it can get out of hand very quickly.

BornInDroopSt'54
27-02-2020, 09:40 PM
I don't have an issue with with GA being allocated, I mean it is GA so if it gets more bums on seats that the club benefits from financially all good I guess, it isn't as if we would have a lock out with all our member attending, however getting other teams members in our Member allocated seating area is an issue, one snot rag of a collingwood supporter cracked the sads because our group mentioned that the front row was reserved and to go back to her seat she sooked it up a treat, and was on fire after they got up, she even got up in my face crying over the seat still even though I said nothing to her. I am all for banter and fun at the footy but unfortunately some people are all about triggering others and pick the wrong person it can get out of hand very quickly.

Yeah some people, including some Collingwood supporters, assume entitlement.

Bullies
28-02-2020, 08:47 AM
I have GA and Social Club membership. I went on ticketmaster to see if I could get my GA ticket through my membership and it only allows you to upgrade to a seat. I don't want a seat. However I could buy a GA ticket at the normal price of $27.00. it means members who have GA membership have to take a risk on the night to see if they will get in if it is not sold out prior.

As members we should be able to give our membership details to ticketmaster for a GA ticket.

Eastdog
28-02-2020, 05:18 PM
Im a Silver Reserve and Social club member so not an issue for me for this game. More an issue with the away VIC games as our home and away membership option is GA for away games which means we need to upgrade if we want a reserve seat - depends on who we play.

SonofScray
29-02-2020, 09:05 AM
I really hate this system, we have a big group, 20 regulars and it can balloon out to 30 with hangers on etc. GA is perfect for us, we usually manage to sit in the first few rows of LVL 3 most weeks. Everyone gets there early.

Then v Pies, Essendrugs, and inexcusably Carlton, we get shafted so their members get a value add to their memberships. Put them up the back, in the corner.

Cyberdoggie
02-03-2020, 02:30 PM
I really hate this system, we have a big group, 20 regulars and it can balloon out to 30 with hangers on etc. GA is perfect for us, we usually manage to sit in the first few rows of LVL 3 most weeks. Everyone gets there early.

Then v Pies, Essendrugs, and inexcusably Carlton, we get shafted so their members get a value add to their memberships. Put them up the back, in the corner.

Exactly, they shouldn't get seats at all as far as i'm concerned unless they are afl access one or medallion club members

bornadog
02-03-2020, 03:38 PM
Exactly, they shouldn't get seats at all as far as i'm concerned unless they are afl access one or medallion club members

Spot on.

BornInDroopSt'54
05-03-2020, 12:27 PM
Hey AndrewP6, my Magpie mate and me want to sit together for this game. He has a disability since a motorcycle accident decades ago. He needs a cane to walk but after years of surgery and drugs has developed an emphysema like condition plus incredibly high blood pressure. Last game we went to at Marvel he could only walk by stopping and leaning against the rail every twenty meters. I suggested he use a wheelchair to go to the game and that may also also help us sit together.
I have GA membership, he has reserved seat Pies away membership. I have emailed ticketmaster for upgrade possibilities but fact is my mate would benefit from a wheelchair.
He is reluctant because he fears he may take a wheelchair spot away from someone. I said he has a genuine need FFS. What do you reckon? Would he be taking away somone's wheelchair spot?
Thank you in anticipation of your advice.

AndrewP6
05-03-2020, 11:04 PM
Hey AndrewP6, my Magpie mate and me want to sit together for this game. He has a disability since a motorcycle accident decades ago. He needs a cane to walk but after years of surgery and drugs has developed an emphysema like condition plus incredibly high blood pressure. Last game we went to at Marvel he could only walk by stopping and leaning against the rail every twenty meters. I suggested he use a wheelchair to go to the game and that may also also help us sit together.
I have GA membership, he has reserved seat Pies away membership. I have emailed ticketmaster for upgrade possibilities but fact is my mate would benefit from a wheelchair.
He is reluctant because he fears he may take a wheelchair spot away from someone. I said he has a genuine need FFS. What do you reckon? Would he be taking away somone's wheelchair spot?
Thank you in anticipation of your advice.

Hi there, without knowing him, it would seem he’d benefit. Not sure on whether it would take away from someone, fact is many will just turn up on the night, so it’s impossible to say. Where is his reserved seat? It may be better for him to have a seat in one of those bays, if his condition impacts him as you say.

Sorry, that might not really be a help!

The Pie Man
06-03-2020, 11:46 AM
Got seats for my son & I when they were released (L1 Aisle 42)

Wouldn't normally, but it's a pretty big opening to the season, so I'm welcoming of the filth into our house as long as we can ship em out losers.

If we're any hope of 50K members...

BornInDroopSt'54
06-03-2020, 01:36 PM
Thanks Andrew, are there designated spots for wheelchairs, if so can companions get seats next to them?

bornadog
06-03-2020, 02:00 PM
Thanks Andrew, are there designated spots for wheelchairs, if so can companions get seats next to them?

Here you go: https://marvelstadium.com.au/the-stadium-mobilityimpairedinfo/

BornInDroopSt'54
06-03-2020, 05:19 PM
Thanks BAD.

Axe Man
06-03-2020, 08:03 PM
Ended up springing for the $20 a ticket to reserve seats on level 3, got first row on the half forward flank.

LostDoggy
06-03-2020, 08:12 PM
One more footy free weekend before going into lockdown on the weekends ��