PDA

View Full Version : Income Generating Ideas In These Tough Times

bulldogtragic
19-03-2020, 01:20 PM
This forum has put forth a range of ideas that the club has adopted. From donating membership kits to community programs, to a March to the G. So do we have any ideas for the to generate extra cash in these tough times.

An idea I'm having is that the club commit to maintaining all the colours and designs of membership apparel and kits for next year. The idea being that members buy next year's apparel right now, knowing that's what everyone else is wearing it next year too. If we could bring forward hundreds of thousands of dollars from next year to right now I imagine that helps cash flow.

Then add on membership discounts with the hope of stimulating people joining. Perhaps something like spend $200+ and get a 3 game 2020 membership included with purchase. And maybe a discount or social club upgrade for large spends over $500, to stimulate bigger spends to the club. Then perhaps a $20 per signature option for each player/s to sign your merch before it gets mailed out. $10 to the club. $5 towards a fund for assisting non playing employees and $5 towards a fund for players.

Other ideas I've had are offering 2021 membership renewal right now. It might not increase the overall income generated, but again it could bring forward 2021 income to right now to assist the club manage this crisis.

There's also a straight plea for help via a really good digital video might be worth the effort.

Any ideas?

comrade
19-03-2020, 01:46 PM
If games are called off, players will be left with plenty of free time. I’d be looking at engaging younger fans and have exclusive esports tournaments/game play with players. Imagine being able to play FIFA or Call of Duty against Bont.

I’d also be looking at how we can fill the void of content with some sort of weekly broadcast via our website to generate views/sponsorship dollars.

Mofra
19-03-2020, 01:52 PM
Ask Libba - every week Libba answers questions about life and provides advice to those going through tough times. Monthly subscription gets viewing rights and question rights.

Twodogs
19-03-2020, 02:21 PM
Ask Libba - every week Libba answers questions about life and provides advice to those going through tough times. Monthly subscription gets viewing rights and question rights.

That should be a thing with or without Corona virus.

For any questions that Tom struggles with we roll out "Ask Tony Libba" I'm thinking most of Tony's advice would revolve around thumping the first head that you can see.

bornadog
19-03-2020, 03:36 PM
Listening to SEN a caller suggested covering the empty seats with advertising. I think it is a brilliant idea to generate funds

comrade
19-03-2020, 03:49 PM
Really important thread this, though. Let's really put our heads together.

Mofra
19-03-2020, 03:57 PM
Listening to SEN a caller suggested covering the empty seats with advertising. I think it is a brilliant idea to generate funds
Port might have a few spare tarps around.

Only need blank ones anyway and broadcasters can use virtual advertising to make it look like they are branded

bulldogtragic
19-03-2020, 05:32 PM
How about a pledge?

If Bonts signs early for 5-7 years, members match his years long commitment with membership commitment for 5-7 years paid up front (or afterpay etc). Members that do it get an annual 2 hour event, Q&A and photos with Bonts.

Do it for the club Marcus. Do it now.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
19-03-2020, 05:45 PM
How about a pledge?

If Bonts signs early for 5-7 years, members match his years long commitment with membership commitment for 5-7 years paid up front (or afterpay etc). Members that do it get an annual 2 hour event, Q&A and photos with Bonts.

I'm totally on board with that.

comrade
19-03-2020, 05:53 PM
Upgrade to social club and get access to a live stream of training every week.

bornadog
19-03-2020, 06:49 PM
How about a pledge?

I am in

bulldogtragic
19-03-2020, 07:25 PM
I am in

So three of us so far. That's equal to 15-21 new memberships already for the club. Cmon Marcus...

josie
19-03-2020, 07:46 PM
Bidding to have your name or fave player's name on a footy presented to highest bidder before game starts e.g .at spinning of coin.

Love the idea of virtual seminars allowing Q&A with coaches and/or players - either chat if lots of folks at lower price or smaller groups, or higher price with audio and access to special preview of behind the scenes/in the dog house videos

Virtual auction with audio visual BOG or all player's jumper and boots after a win

Virtual bulldog flavoured competitions/trivia nights with a player on your side e.g. the chaps that are injured

Twodogs
19-03-2020, 07:47 PM
So three of us so far. That's equal to 15-21 new memberships already for the club. Cmon Marcus...

4 and 5.

GVGjr
19-03-2020, 09:17 PM
I've been thinking about an idea where we try and get 1,000 members to contribute $1,000. That will generate 1M and greatly assist the club manage the losses this year.

I'm fortunate that I could do this but I wonder how we would canvass the wider Bulldogs community?

Happy Days
19-03-2020, 10:06 PM
I've been thinking about an idea where we try and get 1,000 members to contribute $1,000. That will generate 1M and greatly assist the club manage the losses this year.

I'm fortunate that I could do this but I wonder how we would canvass the wider Bulldogs community?

I love the Bulldogs but no way could I afford to do this.

Hate to say it but there’s a lot of worthy causes that I care about that are struggling at the moment that I haven’t already given several hundreds of dollars to this year.

hujsh
19-03-2020, 11:07 PM

That a real tough one in these times. Not a lot of job security. Even if your industry is safe now the multiplier effect could take it's toll and then who knows what's impacted. I'm lucky to have a role at NBN extended til September which should be pretty safe (only more demand for the internet right now) but how many are lucky enough to be able to say that?

chef
20-03-2020, 12:10 PM
Not sure right now is the right time to be asking for more money off our members, we all have bigger fish to fry atm.

bornadog
20-03-2020, 12:58 PM
Not sure right now is the right time to be asking for more money off our members, we all have bigger fish to fry atm.

Yes, I think most will be donating their memberships already bought.

jeemak
20-03-2020, 02:51 PM

This was immediately obvious to me last night.

However, the fence and level one digital signage is still in effect, meaning any advertising on the seats would be in conflict unless the brands align.

Grantysghost
20-03-2020, 06:55 PM
Not sure if it has been suggested, but a futures type scenario with membership would make sense to me. Two, five year options ? It would bring in revenue now when needed most and gives time to adjust things to compensate down the track.