Gold Coast Suns vs Adelaide Crows, Metricon Stadium, 1:05pm

Essendon vs Melbourne, MCG, 3:35pm

Fremantle vs Port Adelaide, Metricon Stadium, 6:05pm

Eastdog
15-06-2020, 01:27 PM
Bump

Jeanette54
17-06-2020, 03:49 PM
Collingwood v St Kilda could be interesting, given the Saints performance against us last week. It will certainly see where the Saints might rank this year.

bulldogsthru&thru
17-06-2020, 04:04 PM
Collingwood v St Kilda could be interesting, given the Saints performance against us last week. It will certainly see where the Saints might rank this year.

I agree. Whilst we know Collingwood are the real deal it’s hard to tell if the saints are decent or just took advantage of how terrible we are. They certainly looked crisp but how much of that was a result of us not applying any pressure or system to stop them?

They’re a marked improvement in last year but Collingwood is a good test for them to see where they’re at

bornadog
17-06-2020, 04:40 PM
I agree. Whilst we know Collingwood are the real deal it’s hard to tell if the saints are decent or just took advantage of how terrible we are. They certainly looked crisp but how much of that was a result of us not applying any pressure or system to stop them?

They’re a marked improvement in last year but Collingwood is a good test for them to see where they’re at

I think Collingwood are the real deal, except they lack a big man at FF. Rely too much on De Goey and Stephenson

Remi Moses
17-06-2020, 05:49 PM
Agree with Borna
The absence of a big forward could hurt the pies
Mihocek is pretty decent , but they need one more

bornadog
17-06-2020, 05:54 PM
Agree with Borna
The absence of a big forward could hurt the pies
Mihocek is pretty decent , but they need one more

I don't think Cox is the answer either

bornadog
18-06-2020, 11:15 AM
Hawthorn will tonight field the oldest team in AFL/VFL history

Mofra
18-06-2020, 11:49 AM
Amazing - where is this mentioned?

bornadog
18-06-2020, 12:14 PM
Amazing - where is this mentioned?

Sam Edmund mentioned it on twitter

Axe Man
18-06-2020, 03:54 PM

Apparently last week's team at an average age of 28 years and 76 days was the oldest ever fielded in the AFL. Made the creaky old cats at 27/212 seem young by comparison.

By dropping 21 year old Morrison for 26 year old O'Meara they will break their own record tonight.

Strange for a team that has actually retired off quite a few older players over the past few seasons. A big cliff may be coming as their younger players aren't the most talented bunch since they trade away all their draft picks.

bornadog
18-06-2020, 03:58 PM
Apparently last week's team at an average age of 28 years and 76 days was the oldest ever fielded in the AFL. Made the creaky old cats at 27/212 seem young by comparison.

By dropping 21 year old Morrison for 26 year old O'Meara they will break their own record tonight.

Strange for a team that has actually retired off quite a few older players over the past few seasons. A big cliff may be coming as their younger players aren't the most talented bunch since they trade away all their draft picks.

Burgoyne is what 38, he should drop the average a bit.

If we can get Tregove and Cordy back in our average should increase.

The Bulldogs Bite
18-06-2020, 04:03 PM
Saints have improved and should beat some average sides but I don't see them making the 8 yet. They didn't look very good early against us and we weren't exactly settling the world on fire, despite missing chances. They also capitulated v Norf in R1.

I'd expect them to test Collingwood for short bursts but lose by 16-30 points.

Early days but so far but aside from Richmond/Collingwood and likely GWS, Port Adelaide might be one that elevates. Thought they touched us up in pre-season and they've cleaned up in R1 & R2. Bigger challenges for them to come, but they have some exciting talent.

Happy Days
18-06-2020, 04:16 PM
Saints have improved and should beat some average sides but I don't see them making the 8 yet. They didn't look very good early against us and we weren't exactly settling the world on fire, despite missing chances. They also capitulated v Norf in R1.

I'd expect them to test Collingwood for short bursts but lose by 16-30 points.

Early days but so far but aside from Richmond/Collingwood and likely GWS, Port Adelaide might be one that elevates. Thought they touched us up in pre-season and they've cleaned up in R1 & R2. Bigger challenges for them to come, but they have some exciting talent.

I agree on the Saints. Cutting us up at Etihad is not a great indication given they do that pretty much every other year too. Really doubt the strength of their midfield and back six still.

Sedat
18-06-2020, 09:57 PM
Hawks would rather be good than young, it seems.

They are giving Richmond a taste of their own medicine with regard to manic pressure on the ball carrier.

bornadog
18-06-2020, 10:01 PM
Richmond have been watching us, can't kick goals

Sedat
18-06-2020, 10:11 PM
Richmond have been watching us, can't kick goals
Richmond haven't really fired a shot this season. They limped over the line against Carlton in R1 and were awful for most of last week. They have been diabolical this week, although Hawthorn have made them look poor with their awesome pressure to be fair.

The Underdog
18-06-2020, 10:11 PM
If O’Meara is going to be this version of himself all year, then the Hawks are a top 8 team. They’re absolutely destroying the Tigers and some of their ball use is beautiful.

Sedat
18-06-2020, 10:13 PM
Ch 7 can't even do fake crowds. What a useless media organisation.

bornadog
18-06-2020, 10:13 PM
Richmond haven't really fired a shot this season. They limped over the line against Carlton in R1 and were awful for most of last week. They have been diabolical this week, although Hawthorn have made them look poor with their awesome pressure to be fair.

Tigers are making the Hawks look good. Players not chasing standing around.

Premiership hangover.

azabob
18-06-2020, 10:15 PM
Ch 7 can't even do fake crowds. What a useless media organisation.

Why just limit to media organisations? Just a useless organisation full stop.

Sedat
18-06-2020, 10:17 PM
Sydney Stack playing like Brennan

jeemak
19-06-2020, 02:16 AM
That game was completely won and lost between the ears of the Richmond players. They had a full week to recover and should have come out with more oomph.

Agree with Sedat that Richmond have barely fired a shot this year and scrutiny should be levelled at them. That won't happen because Jack Riewoldt sang Mr Brightside on stage with The Killers that time but it should.

Remi Moses
19-06-2020, 07:25 AM
What about Riewoldt’s cheap shot ?
Issac smith was outstanding also ( I can see why we chased him , allegedly)
The manic pressure has dropped off
Also hawthorn kept the ball off them and were allowed that mark and kick
Game

GVGjr
19-06-2020, 08:54 AM
What about Riewoldt’s cheap shot ?
Issac smith was outstanding also ( I can see why we chased him , allegedly)
The manic pressure has dropped off
Also hawthorn kept the ball off them and were allowed that mark and kick
Game

Smith would have been a good addition for a couple of seasons for us and I agree he looked terrific last night when I was watching the game

Rocket Science
19-06-2020, 09:34 AM
Depending on how things unfurl tonight, Bevo might be quietly relieved the reigning premiers have given the meeja something new to froth and bubble over.

azabob
20-06-2020, 04:29 PM
Gee seeing Tom Papely the last couple of weeks I know why Carlton tried to get him last year.

We will have to put a lot of time and effort into him.

He has great forward craft and skills but his work rate also appears to be improving.

G-Mo77
20-06-2020, 04:31 PM
McKenna from Essendon testes positive for COVID. This could almost end the season

GVGjr
20-06-2020, 04:37 PM
McKenna from Essendon testes positive for COVID. This could almost end the season

They will have some planning around this but it's fair from ideal
I can't see how the game between the Bombers and Demons gets played tomorrow

bulldogsthru&thru
20-06-2020, 04:39 PM
Did he play round 2? And when did he return from Ireland?

ledge
20-06-2020, 06:17 PM
Did he play round 2? And when did he return from Ireland?

He had the two weeke isolation and even tested negative on Wednesday but came up with it this morning.

bornadog
20-06-2020, 07:33 PM
Collingwood belting the Saints. We really let them have their way last week.

Remi Moses
20-06-2020, 08:14 PM
Wow wee
Couple of teams back to earth with a thud

Eastdog
20-06-2020, 08:18 PM
Wow wee
Couple of teams back to earth with a thud

How things change in 1 week.

Sedat
20-06-2020, 09:44 PM
Carlton playing all over the Cats so far. Always enjoy seeing those entitled pricks losing on their own pissy little $300m govt subsidised patch of crap.

josie
20-06-2020, 11:18 PM
Watched last quarter of cats vs blues. Phew-thought cats were going to win it with that late surge. Blues looked like they had lead in their shoes. Eddie Betts a very good, shrewd player. Looks renewed with his return to Blues. Kind of player even opposition supporters like.

What a weird season this is. Results all over the place.

Remi Moses
21-06-2020, 09:30 AM
Carlton playing all over the Cats so far. Always enjoy seeing those entitled pricks losing on their own pissy little $300m govt subsidised patch of crap.

I do as well , but possibly someone else besides Carlton
That genie can stay in the bottle

Remi Moses
21-06-2020, 09:36 AM
Watched Collingwood and stkilda
Pies are extremely impressive and their pressure is off the charts .
Stkilda are way to top heavy for mine
I think with the focus on hubs and the virus and it’s connotations , the pies are less hyped than usual
Jeremy Howe is a bona fide Star now

bornadog
21-06-2020, 11:18 AM
I do as well , but possibly someone else besides Carlton
That genie can stay in the bottle

Yeah, I hate Carlton more than Geelong

comrade
21-06-2020, 11:33 AM
Carlton have been so pitiful the last 2 decades, my hatred has pretty much dried up.

Essendon, Saints, GWS, North & Geelong are all much higher on my s*** list. So it’s been a good weekend :)

soupman
21-06-2020, 04:40 PM
Also it's great seeing Geelong lose at Kardinia.

Btw Adelaide just had one of the worst first quarters I've seen. Maybe two inside 50's? Gold Coast should be 8 goals up even with the shortened quarters.

The Adelaide Connection
21-06-2020, 06:00 PM
Also it's great seeing Geelong lose at Kardinia.

Btw Adelaide just had one of the worst first quarters I've seen. Maybe two inside 50's? Gold Coast should be 8 goals up even with the shortened quarters.

The broadcast just mentioned it was Adelaide's lowest three-quarter total in their history (1.4-10)

Previous low was 18 (Neil Craig's last game).

mjp
21-06-2020, 06:27 PM
Phew-thought cats were going to win it with that late surge.

I think they should have won.

That overturned goal vs Duncan - stuff like that is an absolute joke/blight on the game.

If there has to be video review - and I say NO but that is another argument - then it should be goal-LINE review, not 'try to assess if someone touched it 30m further up the field. It is complete garbage, it really is - and the whole 'It looks like his fingers bent back' argument...it's is just stupid. It sounds stupid to say it - "What we do, is we slow the camera down frame by frame and see if someone's pinky finger moves by more than 10degrees...if it does, then it is touched" and it is even STUPIDER watching it happen.

As an old team-mate of mine once said when we won a preliminary final by a point with the last kick of the day - "If there is a scramble in the goal square and the snap shot is straight, well, whether it touches someones finger shouldn't matter...that's just a goal in my book!". If the umpire can't HEAR the touch and doesn't CALL the touch, it isn't touched. Move on.

Sorry about the rant but goal review is stupid. Goal LINE review would also be stupid, but at least it would be tolerable.

bulldogsthru&thru
21-06-2020, 06:33 PM
Wow how about Gold Coast and Rowell. Kid is proving he will be something.

Love seeing Adelaide suffering. Wooden spoon for them you’d think

bornadog
21-06-2020, 06:59 PM
Sorry about the rant but goal review is stupid. Goal LINE review would also be stupid, but at least it would be tolerable.

Totally agree, and also a good way to save money in these tough times. Get rid of the lot, no TV review.

It's even getting worse than that, with the central umpire talking to the filed umpire and telling them to watch out for so, and so, he is blocking his opponent.

Remi Moses
21-06-2020, 09:36 PM
Adelaide need the draft badly
Ricciuto’s not helping their cause
Really should shut up

GVGjr
22-06-2020, 08:34 AM
Is that mistake by Ratugolea that cost the Cats the game about the most clueless act on the footy field this year?

azabob
22-06-2020, 08:41 AM
Is that mistake by Ratugolea that cost the Cats the game about the most clueless act on the footy field this year?

This year? I'm sure its up there for the last couple of years! Certainly was a brain fade of epic proportions!

The Bulldogs Bite
22-06-2020, 09:52 AM

I love hearing about his incredible potential on a weekly basis. :rolleyes:

All he does is jump high and, apparently, block his own team's goals. Hilarious mistake.

azabob
22-06-2020, 10:03 AM
I love hearing about his incredible potential on a weekly basis. :rolleyes:

All he does is jump high and, apparently, block his own team's goals. Hilarious mistake.

Sounds like the perfect volleyball player.

mjp
22-06-2020, 02:05 PM

Jack Steven handed them a goal in the first quarter.
Mieiers (sorry about spelling) handed them a goal in the 3rd q.

Ratugolea made a silly error, but hardly the only one.

EasternWest
22-06-2020, 04:22 PM
Adelaide need the draft badly
Ricciuto’s not helping their cause
Really should shut up

Did you see his conversation with Greenwood on Twitter? What an absolute bellend.

jeemak
22-06-2020, 04:34 PM
For those who didn't:

https://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/hugh-greenwood-savages-adelaide-crows-football-director-mark-rucciuto-in-scathing-twitter-burn/news-story/35172d1d233bceb6da0526d4f552b37a

jeemak
22-06-2020, 04:36 PM
Double post......

comrade
22-06-2020, 04:58 PM
Not a good look for either of them.

Sedat
22-06-2020, 08:18 PM
Not a good look for either of them.
Agreed. Roo is a moron but Greenwood talking up a 10 possession game is not a whole lot smarter - granted he also laid 13 tackles and had 6 clearances, but as Denis Pagan used to say, "son you don't have to tell them how good you are, they'll tell you if you are"

Rocket Science
23-06-2020, 12:08 AM
Teehee

https://i.ibb.co/JcgDd00/Screen-Shot-2020-06-22-at-11-05-33-pm.png (https://ibb.co/WHjm3qq)

Keep chirping the opposition though Roo.

comrade
23-06-2020, 05:57 AM
Teehee

https://i.ibb.co/JcgDd00/Screen-Shot-2020-06-22-at-11-05-33-pm.png (https://ibb.co/WHjm3qq)

Keep chirping the opposition though Roo.

And Keath was one of our best.

They're in a world of pain right now but given how strong they should be, I can't sympathise. They've been run into the ground by their egomaniacal admin.

bulldogsthru&thru
23-06-2020, 10:22 AM
And Keath was one of our best.

They're in a world of pain, right now but given how strong they should be, I can't sympathise. They've been run into the ground by their egomaniacal admin.

Keath also kicked a goal. So 6 goals to 4

comrade
23-06-2020, 10:49 AM
Keath also kicked a goal. So 6 goals to 4

Someone should tweet this to Roo :D