Adelaide Crows vs Fremantle, Metricon Stadium, 1:05pm

Sydney Swans vs Melbourne, SCG, 3:35pm

GWS Giants vs Hawthorn, Giants Stadium, 6:05pm

Eastdog
29-06-2020, 11:53 AM
Bump

hujsh
29-06-2020, 12:01 PM
Richmond WCE postponed since Richmond aren't allowed in the state by QLD government.

Expected Tigers to play Melbourne, Sydney to play WCE and the St.Kilda-Carlton game moved to Thursday

comrade
29-06-2020, 12:39 PM
The season is really on a knife's edge given Victoria's positive numbers are sky rocketing (which will only continue given the testing blitz we're undertaking).

bornadog
29-06-2020, 12:44 PM
New Fixture

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EbpJQT1U0AA3ZYW?format=jpg&name=medium

azabob
29-06-2020, 01:46 PM
Will be really interesting to see what happens with the Suns travelling to Geelong this round from not only a performance perspective but a quarantine standpoint.

I'd imagine they'd fly direct into Avalon airport?

GVGjr
03-07-2020, 10:56 AM
The Saints used Steele to curb the influence of Cripps and Geary to do some work on Docherty

I'm still surprised that we are reluctant participators in using players in more defensive roles.

comrade
03-07-2020, 11:13 AM
The Saints used Steele to curb the influence of Cripps and Geary to do some work on Docherty

I'm still surprised that we are reluctant participators in using players in more defensive roles.

Steele tore Cripps apart in the first half from what I saw, and Geary did some good work early.

Who do we have on our list besides Libba that is suited to a negating role?

The Bulldogs Bite
03-07-2020, 11:14 AM

It amazes me that every club doesn't have 1-2 negating players.

bornadog
03-07-2020, 11:21 AM
Steele tore Cripps apart in the first half from what I saw, and Geary did some good work early.

We used Macrae last time on Cripps and it worked, plus Macrae picked up lots of disposals as well.

Bulldog Joe
03-07-2020, 11:54 AM

I thought Geary was fantastic. His stats ended up very low, but he really contributed. Might say the best 6 possession game I have seen:)

1eyedog
03-07-2020, 11:55 AM
I thought Geary was fantastic. His stats ended up very low, but he really contributed. Might say the best 6 possession game I have seen:)

Took his opportunities when they presented didn't he. Showed how to kick effectively at goal from 30-40m out as well. Thought the timing of his goals against the Blues came at a critical time.

1eyedog
03-07-2020, 12:04 PM

Jong has done it in the past. I'm not sure how effectively. It should be a role that Wally is suited to as well.

GVGjr
03-07-2020, 12:25 PM

It's hard to know because we are reluctant to try it. Would we have recruited someone like Steele to play that role like the Saints did? I doubt it

Porter, McLean and Daniel could develop that sort of skill

GVGjr
03-07-2020, 12:26 PM
We used Macrae last time on Cripps and it worked, plus Macrae picked up lots of disposals as well.

The 2nd time around and we won. Bevo didn't consider it when we lost to them

Remi Moses
03-07-2020, 12:30 PM
Stop Cripps and Docherty
You stop them . Kade Simpson recorded the most loses in afl/Vfl history last night
208!
What a time to be alive !
Carlton were dreadful and as per usual turned up when it was over .
Ratt’s is doing a great job and they’ve improved markedly on 2019 .

comrade
03-07-2020, 12:36 PM
Stop Cripps and Docherty
You stop them . Kade Simpson recorded the most loses in afl/Vfl history last night
208!
What a time to be alive !
Carlton were dreadful and as per usual turned up when it was over .
Ratt’s is doing a great job and they’ve improved markedly on 2019 .

No idea how Ratten was able to engineer so much space in the forward 50. It was like Carlton was deliberately social distancing.

Happy Days
03-07-2020, 12:43 PM
No idea how Ratten was able to engineer so much space in the forward 50. It was like Carlton was deliberately social distancing.

They were exerting way too much effort in trying to free up Docherty.

Sedat
03-07-2020, 01:24 PM
They also found a similar amount of space against us 3 weeks ago.

comrade
03-07-2020, 01:32 PM

Yep, it's certainly helping their small forwards.

Max King looked like he was about to have a breakthrough match last night but I missed the second half and it seems like Weitering got things back under control.

bulldogsthru&thru
03-07-2020, 01:42 PM
Yep, it's certainly helping their small forwards.

Max King looked like he was about to have a breakthrough match last night but I missed the second half and it seems like Weitering got things back under control.
Considering he's essentially a rookie tall, lanky forward, he's a scary proposition. He's still finding his way and the delivery in the second half did dry up a bit as Carlton recaptured a bit of the ball. But if the saints end up landing Ben King in addition to Max, they well cause hell for opposing teams.

bulldogsthru&thru
03-07-2020, 01:45 PM

I'm not sure how. But they seem to do a lot of link up plays to work the ball up the ground. Draw one man, hand pass over his head to a free player, hand pass over another opposition players had to another free player. Its as though they always have one extra player on the ground. So then you expect and extra opposition player in defense but no, lots of saints players there too. Is it simply work rate? Or has Ratts started a new movement?

The Bulldogs Bite
03-07-2020, 02:30 PM
Hill, Jones and Butler have been outstanding recruits.

They've essentially had a huge hand in reshaping how they play. They take risks with their foot skills/run and carry but they set up really well defensively in case they turn it over.

I thought their recruiting would see them flounder around 10th-12th but they look really impressive.

Wish we enquired about Butler.

Rocket Science
03-07-2020, 10:52 PM
Would it be too much to ask to see Essington get done by a point in consecutive weeks?

Come on Pies.

EasternWest
03-07-2020, 10:53 PM
Would it be too much to ask to see Essington get done by a point in consecutive weeks?

Come on Pies.

It would not. Let us pray.

comrade
03-07-2020, 11:05 PM
Collingwood’s defence is a rabble without Howe. Vulnerable every time it went in there.

Contrast that with Hooker/Hurley & that’s where the game was lost.

Happy Days
03-07-2020, 11:10 PM
Fat homie Stringer can still play a bit it seems. Although also appears he's going to miss a few weeks with gout.

Sedat
03-07-2020, 11:18 PM
Collingwood’s defence is a rabble without Howe. Vulnerable every time it went in there.

Contrast that with Hooker/Hurley & that’s where the game was lost.
Their key forward posts aren't much chop either. And their mids don't work hard enough the other way.

Remi Moses
03-07-2020, 11:20 PM
Cox is useless
Pies playing to safe
God hate seeing club chemist warehouse win

EasternWest
03-07-2020, 11:30 PM
Fat homie Stringer can still play a bit it seems. Although also appears he's going to miss a few weeks with gout.

I don't think Stringer's ability was ever in doubt. Geez how's the thighs on him?

Bulldog4life
04-07-2020, 01:28 PM
I don't think Stringer's ability was ever in doubt. Geez how's the thighs on him?

The chubbier he gets the better he plays.

comrade
04-07-2020, 01:37 PM
The chubbier he gets the better he plays.

He was waddling around like a fat duck.

bornadog
04-07-2020, 01:53 PM
He was waddling around like a fat duck.

Just imagine after he comes back from his leg injury

Bulldog Joe
04-07-2020, 02:02 PM
Just imagine after he comes back from his leg injury

i would question how bad his injury is. Haven't seen any reports, but I do remember Jakey was very susceptible to a twinge that always appeared more serious than it was.

Bulldog Joe
04-07-2020, 02:03 PM
Pies had an overloaded bus. Way too many passengers.

Varcoe and Stephenson both had moments were they just didn't go hard enough.

bornadog
04-07-2020, 02:05 PM
i would question how bad his injury is. Haven't seen any reports, but I do remember Jakey was very susceptible to a twinge that always appeared more serious than it was.

Out for 4 plus weeks

Remi Moses
04-07-2020, 02:21 PM
Syndesmosis injury
1-3 months .

Rocket Science
04-07-2020, 02:41 PM
Would seem Jakey's poor pegs can't handle his girthy might.

More practically, do the Bombres take him with them when they evacuate along with most of their support staff?

comrade
04-07-2020, 03:10 PM
Would seem Jakey's poor pegs can't handle his girthy might.

More practically, do the Bombres take him with them when they evacuate along with most of their support staff?

You'd imagine the Essendon TAB is praying they don't :D

bornadog
04-07-2020, 05:48 PM
You'd imagine the Essendon TAB is praying they don't :D

The parents of the school girls will be happy

Remi Moses
05-07-2020, 11:25 AM
He’s got more TAB time
Can’t get to the races , sadly

bornadog
05-07-2020, 06:55 PM
Melbourne's skills are atrocious, especially Oliver.

GVGjr
05-07-2020, 07:40 PM

At times they look brilliant but just let themselves down when it matters

Steven May look pretty good from what I saw but I wouldn't mind playing them at the moment

comrade
05-07-2020, 07:45 PM
At times they look brilliant but just let themselves down when it matters

Steven May look pretty good from what I saw but I wouldn't mind playing them at the moment

They should be so much better than they are. Plenty of top end talent like Oliver, Petracca, May, Lever, McDonald.

Sold the farm and gave up their first rounder this year...North fans are death riding them like crazy.

jeemak
05-07-2020, 07:58 PM

That option that handed Richmond their last goal let alone the kick was just outrageous.

Paul Roos is fantastic though, he's really set that club up.

Remi Moses
05-07-2020, 08:48 PM
That Oliver kick
Was horrendous ! Exactly Jee , Roos what a job !!
No wonder he’s jetted off to Hawaii

Remi Moses
05-07-2020, 08:51 PM
Clarko’s whinge ;)

Remi Moses
05-07-2020, 09:24 PM
Not sure what the record ratio is
Plastics have 13.4 from 21 inside 50’s

Remi Moses
05-07-2020, 09:27 PM
Just saw the exact same tackle on Cameron :confused:

bornadog
05-07-2020, 11:37 PM
That option that handed Richmond their last goal let alone the kick was just outrageous.

Paul Roos is fantastic though, he's really set that club up.

I am starting to think the coach needs to be looked at considering all the talent.

One thing is for sure, I am glad we didn't land Thomlinson

Sedat
06-07-2020, 12:24 AM
One thing is for sure, I am glad we didn't land Thomlinson
The only person at Melbourne happy with Tomlinson is the property steward, because his shorts never get dirty.

bornadog
06-07-2020, 09:59 AM
The only person at Melbourne happy with Tomlinson is the property steward, because his shorts never get dirty.

This made me laugh :D