PDA

View Full Version : Western Bulldogs Website

BulldogBelle
28-02-2008, 11:29 PM
Looks like the new Bulldog Website will be launched next Monday, I have no link it was in an email...

New Website launching on Monday!

In another first for the Club, this weekend the Western Bulldogs will become the first AFL Club to cross over to the new look 2008 websites. Keep an eye on the site on Sunday night / Monday morning. We welcome your feedback and ask for your patience over the changeover period as we ensure all the content is updated correctly.

Dry Rot
28-02-2008, 11:36 PM
Looks like the new Bulldog Website will be launched next Monday, I have no link it was in an email...

New Website launching on Monday!

In another first for the Club, this weekend the Western Bulldogs will become the first AFL Club to cross over to the new look 2008 websites. Keep an eye on the site on Sunday night / Monday morning. We welcome your feedback and ask for your patience over the changeover period as we ensure all the content is updated correctly.

Is it still a Telstra/BigPoind site? If so, it will be a steaming pile of shit like the AFL site.

It has been crap for years like the other club sites and not worth visiting. at all.

Betcha Rose hasn't fixed anything he said he'd look at a few years ago.

It's utter rubbish. By all means disagree with me, but first visit the stand alone Bombers site....

hujsh
28-02-2008, 11:42 PM
Is it still a Telstra/BigPoind site? If so, it will be a steaming pile of shit like the AFL site.

It has been crap for years like the other club sites and not worth visiting. at all.

Betcha Rose hasn't fixed anything he said he'd look at a few years ago.

It's utter rubbish. By all means disagree with me, but first visit the stand alone Bombers site....

Just did. Helluva lot faster (helps not having that clicker thing with the 5 latest articles) but don't see anything too special.

BulldogBelle
28-02-2008, 11:43 PM

I think it is still a Telstra/Bigpond site the AFL have a contract with them. If I am wrong, someone please correct me.

Well once it is up DR, check it out and report back on this thread what you think of it? You might be pleasantly surprised?

Perhaps the other posters on WOOF can also report their feedback on the new site when it is up and running next week.

Surely...it has to be better than the present one?

Dry Rot
28-02-2008, 11:46 PM
Well once it is up DR, check it out and report back on this thread what you think of it? You might be pleasantly surprised?

So it will work on browsers other than IE and on Macs, Linux etc?

If it does, Terry Wallace is a genius and the Tigers will win the flag in 2008.

You heard it here first.

BulldogBelle
28-02-2008, 11:53 PM
So it will work on browsers other than IE and on Macs, Linux etc?.

I hope so, otherwise they will cop your wrath. :eek:

If it does, Terry Wallace is a genius and the Tigers will win the flag in 2008.
You heard it here first.

What a nightmare that would be?

Dry Rot
29-02-2008, 12:05 AM
I hope so, otherwise they will cop your wrath. :eek:

What a nightmare that would be?

True, but as likely as us having a decent club web site. Ditto Bowden winning the Norm Smith.

bornadog
29-02-2008, 11:57 AM
I wonder if the club has ever thought about having a website within a website, ie one for paid up members only.

The content could be more exclusive and could include:

- more information on player injuries
- special member only functions
- more exclusive interviews
- forum for supporter groups - maybe WOOF link???? or something
- members suggestion and ideas board for fund raising, sponsorship, growing membership base

- other

Not sure if there is any value but I was just thinking out of left field.

LostDoggy
29-02-2008, 12:40 PM
The main problem with the Bulldogs site is that its not only run by Telstra, but they pay each club(bar Bombers) nearly $400'000 a year to run their site. So i don't think we will make a break away from that deal any time soon.

Topdog
29-02-2008, 02:50 PM
Surely...it has to be better than the present one?

I've been saying that for 3 years.....Been disappointed for 3 years too

Dry Rot
29-02-2008, 03:22 PM
I've been saying that for 3 years.....Been disappointed for 3 years too

I take it that the multimedia still doesn't work on Firefox? Even using Windows?

LostDoggy
29-02-2008, 11:33 PM
You know what i want off the website.

Something my mate got from the official Collingwood website (only thing i envy about such a team)

A good wallpaper 2008 fixture. Picture of a player in action with a fixture of all our 08 games on the side. Its not that hard to do but they should make a good one, go check out the collingwood website if you dare - just to see how cool they are.

BulldogBelle
03-03-2008, 11:26 AM
Ok, the new site is up and running - what do you all think of it?

Western Bulldogs (http://westernbulldogs.com.au/)

LostDoggy
03-03-2008, 11:58 AM
Ok, the new site is up and running - what do you all think of it?

Western Bulldogs (http://westernbulldogs.com.au/)

Still the same rubbish from the same providor
the Ladder Predictor is for the 2007 Toyota premiership season
"How Great There Out"

Sockeye Salmon
03-03-2008, 12:12 PM
My work internet is pretty quick but it still took ages to load.

I won't be able to view it at home, it will take ages.

Topdog
03-03-2008, 12:25 PM
I take it that the multimedia still doesn't work on Firefox? Even using Windows?

To be honest I have not bothered trying

The Underdog
03-03-2008, 04:24 PM
My work internet is also usually fine.
However, I opened the page, waited a little while, went to the toilet and came back, logged into here in a new screen, and wrote this post and it's still downloading.
More Bigpond rubbish.
On the upside the green circles are pretty.

hujsh
03-03-2008, 04:39 PM
It's a little faster but at least that image rotator's gone. It wasted my time

Where is the Willy page and WTF am i looking at. I don't know what anything does anymore

Templeton31
03-03-2008, 05:24 PM
i just opened it. seemed a bit clunky and not correctly aligned. clicked to open the player stats pages and crashed my IE followed by the whole machine.

nice work. :)

admittedly my work does run a relatively old version of IE but really......

Topdog
03-03-2008, 09:53 PM
Works brilliantly in Opera.

http://img262.imageshack.us/img262/952/bulldogswebsitegk3.jpg

Topdog
03-03-2008, 09:56 PM
and that is why i hadn't bothered until now. Only went there cos I wanted to see the fixture. Quickly remembered that was a stupid idea.

firstdogonthemoon
03-03-2008, 10:25 PM
I was expecting to be dissapointed but am not. Works in safari in imac with cable.

So there you go, i am quite surprised.

LostDoggy
03-03-2008, 10:51 PM
FDOTM, please do more cartoons about the Dogs? Pretty please? I mean, I love your political work, but... there ARE more important things in life!

Go_Dogs
04-03-2008, 10:39 AM
It took about 3 minutes for the page to load for me yesterday, and then a script wouldn't load. I use firefox, and probably won't be using the new site at all based on how it went yesterday.

Topdog
04-03-2008, 11:50 AM
Tried it at work today.

It is the slowest a website has ever taken for me to load at work ever.

Took 2 minutes.

DOG GOD
04-03-2008, 02:11 PM
yep...its not the quickest, and i have pretty high broadband at home.

LostDoggy
04-03-2008, 02:52 PM
General layout is OK but loads very slow.

LostDoggy
04-03-2008, 08:43 PM
lol worked for me
i use avant browser

but geez only go there if you want your computer to freeze up and not do anything else untill its loaded..

Dry Rot
06-03-2008, 12:05 AM
It took about 3 minutes for the page to load for me yesterday, and then a script wouldn't load. I use firefox, and probably won't be using the new site at all based on how it went yesterday.

Tried it at work today.

It is the slowest a website has ever taken for me to load at work ever.

Took 2 minutes.

Same here. Utter rubbish.

LostDoggy
06-03-2008, 10:39 PM
It loads faster than the last one did for me, I like it.

bornadog
07-03-2008, 12:04 AM
Better for me two. I have cable broadband and seems to be okish.

Dry Rot
07-03-2008, 12:17 AM
Better for me two. I have cable broadband and seems to be okish.

I have cable too and it's crap using Firefox on a Mac. And none of the video works.

Utter disgrace that our club and 14 others have let this happen.

Bombers were smart.

Topdog
07-03-2008, 02:04 PM
I have cable too and it's crap using Firefox on a Mac. And none of the video works.

Bombers were smart.

I have Telstra's internal LAN it is still a pile of crap.

bornadog
07-03-2008, 05:26 PM

Bombers were smart.

personally I think Telstra stinks, they have no idea about technology.

Chicago1
07-03-2008, 06:04 PM

Bombers were smart.

I tried it the other day with cable using Firefox and my Mac and gave up. My lunch got cold while I waited for it to load.

I might try Safari, but I hate to use Safari.