PDA

View Full Version : WB Game Day V St. Kilda R2 2020

Pages : [1] 2

Eastdog
27-05-2020, 08:41 PM
Footy is back once again!

Predictions for the Margin, our first goal and our best on ground per usual.

Go Bulldogs!!

https://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/news/703433/the-last-five-st-kilda

The last five: St Kilda
The Western Bulldogs will not only be looking to bounce back from a Round 1 loss this Sunday – they’ll also be hoping to make amends for a last-up loss to St Kilda.
7 hrs ago

The Western Bulldogs will not only be looking to bounce back from a Round 1 loss this Sunday – they’ll also be hoping to make amends for a last-up loss to St Kilda.

The Saints, who also lost their opening game of the 2020 season, got the better of the Dogs when they last met, in Round 18 last year.

The two teams have met at Marvel Stadium in 12 straight games, with each side winning six games.

Here’s a look at the last five times the Bulldogs and Saints have met:

2019 – Round 18 (Saints 116 defeated Bulldogs 89)

The Bulldogs were on their late-season march to the finals when they were stunned by an early St Kilda surge at Marvel Stadium. An 11-goal first half was the Dogs’ undoing, with the 43-point half time deficit too much to overcome. There were positives though – Bailey Dale booted five goals and Josh Dunkley and Jack Macrae combined for 72 disposals and 15 clearances.

2018 – Round 20 (Bulldogs 103 defeated Saints 68)

A scintillating third quarter burst from the Dogs was the feature of this contest after just four points separated the teams at half time. Marcus Bontempelli caught fire in the premiership quarter, booting four goals for the term – one of eight majors for the Bulldogs. Jason Johannisen had a day out, collecting a career-high 42 disposals.

2017 – Round 10 (Bulldogs 90 defeated Saints 50)

The Bulldogs scored a comfortable victory, winning all four quarters on the back of a five-goal haul from Jake Stringer. 13 Bulldogs amassed 20 or more possessions in the game, led by Johannisen with 29, who also had eight rebound 50s and kicked a goal.

2016 – Round 18 (Saints 75 defeated Bulldogs 60)

An unforgettable night for the Bulldogs, for all the wrong reasons. Not only were they beaten on the scoreboard, but the Dogs endured horrific injuries to Jack Redpath (torn ACL) and Mitch Wallis (broken leg) which left Marvel Stadium in a state of shock. Scores were tied late in the third quarter, but St Kilda kicked the last two goals of the game to secure victory.

2016 – Round 2 (Bulldogs 93 defeated Saints 36)

The Dogs recorded their biggest win against St Kilda in 13 years, restricting them to just five goals for the evening. Tom Boyd booted three goals and Lachie Hunter had a game-high 35 disposals as the Bulldogs led from start to finish.

Eastdog
09-06-2020, 08:45 PM
Bump

Remi Moses
09-06-2020, 08:54 PM
I’ve got no idea on how this is going to play out
All I’ll say is we’d need to be a hell of a lot better than what we’ve been the last few games
Dogs by 1 pt

Eastdog
09-06-2020, 08:59 PM
I’ve got no idea on how this is going to play out
All I’ll say is we’d need to be a hell of a lot better than what we’ve been the last few games
Dogs by 1 pt

Yeah will be interesting to see how we go. I won’t be surprised if we are a little rusty but I want a much better effort than what we dished up in Round 1.

EasternWest
09-06-2020, 09:25 PM
We'll get jumped early by a more prepared team and spend the game playing catch up to lose by 22 points in an uninspired performance.

First goal: Bruce.

Our best: Daniel

bornadog
09-06-2020, 10:40 PM
Dogs by 13
First Goal: Dale
BOG: Macrae

boydogs
09-06-2020, 10:49 PM
WB by 18
First goal Lloyd
BOG Wood

1eyedog
10-06-2020, 09:53 AM
Saints by 4 pts

bulldogsthru&thru
10-06-2020, 12:46 PM
We'll get jumped early by a more prepared team and spend the game playing catch up to lose by 22 points in an uninspired performance.

Our best: Daniel

If only tattslotto was that predictable :D

SonofScray
11-06-2020, 10:45 AM

Our best: Daniel playing tne percentages, I agree.

The Pie Man
11-06-2020, 11:36 AM
Have got concerns around English against Marshall & Ryder (if he plays) and Hill on the outside. Our midfield group is better on paper, but I don't think we can have any trust in how they apply themselves on any given day right now.

Think St Kilda will win this one.

bornadog
11-06-2020, 12:30 PM
Bevo to swing the axe

Luke Beveridge has signalled 4-6 changes from round one. Libba, Jong and Lipinski firmly in the mix.

Every single player on the list is out there for the warm up today, including Garcia, Duryea and R. Smith despite being on the injury list.

Rocket Science
11-06-2020, 01:44 PM
I want to believe. But I don't trust us, yet.

Saints win a deeply frustrating game by 13 points.

First goal: Brooooce
BOG: Crozier

Particularly keen to see how Keath fares.

G-Mo77
11-06-2020, 08:11 PM
IN
Billy Gowers,
Ed Richards,
Jordon Sweet,
Laitham Vandermeer,
Lin Jong,
Patrick Lipinski,
Will Hayes

OUT
Easton Wood (Injured),
Lachie Hunter (Suspension),
Lewis Young (Omitted)

Very happy to see Vandermeer in the side. I think he'll be a good player for us. I don't see what we see in Gardner, not sure what happened during the time off period but feel Lew Young must not have come back in peak shape to get omitted and he stays in.

Could Sweet be a chance?

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
11-06-2020, 08:39 PM
With very little confidence

Dogs by 17 points
BOG: Bont
First goal: Wallis

I will become more enthusiastic should we win and play well this Sunday. Right now I still have the remaining sour level of taste in my mouth from our distant round 1 performance. The team selection doesn't inspire me either.
I really, really hope the MC have got this right.

westbulldog
12-06-2020, 12:10 PM
The selected team looks poor. I do hope we win but,
Saints by 35
Our best Bont
First goal Gowers

Murphy'sLore
12-06-2020, 12:34 PM
It's like we don't even want to win.

Saints by 20.
BOG Bonti
First goal Bruce

The Bulldogs Bite
12-06-2020, 12:40 PM
Dogs by 7 in an game that feels like we lost.
BOG Dunkley.
First goal Naughton.

Bulldog Joe
12-06-2020, 12:50 PM
The Collingwood game stripped all the confidence I had that this could be our year.

We now have AGAIN team selection that defies logic and looks more like experimentation than actually picking the best team to win.

Don't feel good about it.

Saints to win.
Can't tip a first goal as I am not certain we will actually kick any.

Hope I am proven wrong, but hope is all I have.

Axe Man
12-06-2020, 02:07 PM
So we have more people picking St Kilda than us in a game we are clear favourites to win. :confused:

I'm not exactly brimming with confidence but my god you are a pessimistic bunch.

Eastdog
12-06-2020, 02:15 PM
Dogs by 8 points
First goal: Josh Bruce
Best on ground: Jack Macrae but hoping Bont is right up there and had a much better game than he did in Round 1

Eastdog
12-06-2020, 02:17 PM
WB by 18
First goal Lloyd
BOG Wood

Wood out injured

Happy Days
12-06-2020, 02:19 PM
Selection was bad but the Saints suck.

Us by 30
First goal Lloyd
BOG Bont

comrade
12-06-2020, 02:27 PM
So we have more people picking St Kilda than us in a game we are clear favourites to win. :confused:

I'm not exactly brimming with confidence but my god you are a pessimistic bunch.

To be fair, the posters here probably have a better feel than the gen pop. Our experimental selection tendencies just scream of a team that is unsettled and unsure of what it's supposed to be, and this doesn't bode well for a good performance.

let's hope St Kilda are worse.

GVGjr
12-06-2020, 02:30 PM

I've got us down for a 4 goal win. Still confident we will get there and I'm particularly confident that Bruce and Naughton will sort out their back line

bornadog
12-06-2020, 02:34 PM
I've got us down for a 4 goal win. Still confident we will get there and I'm particularly confident that Bruce and Naughton will sort out their back line

If we can win the ball out of the middle, Bruce and Naughty will cause some havoc.

Danjul
12-06-2020, 02:48 PM
In what way is Gardner a better selection than Sweet, who would release English (to be best on ground at centre half forward) and Naughton (to give us a genuine key position player on the backline). Then we would not run the risk of our midfield out of the game (like in the final, practise match against against Port, and game 1). In fact Sweet is the only player in the squad with a 100% win rate when playing in the firsts in the last six months.

Twodogs
12-06-2020, 08:04 PM
Us easily, don't get the negativity at all.
First goal Bruce
BOG Lin Jong.

Eastdog
12-06-2020, 08:06 PM
Us easily, don't get the negativity at all.
First goal Bruce
BOG Lin Jong.

I wish Lin Jong well in his first game back in 2 years. Let’s hope he gets a great run at it now. So unlucky for him in recent times.

G-Mo77
12-06-2020, 09:01 PM
Saints by 37
First Goal Bont
BOG Macrae

bornadog
12-06-2020, 10:59 PM
In what way is Gardner a better selection than Sweet, who would release English (to be best on ground at centre half forward) and Naughton (to give us a genuine key position player on the backline). Then we would not run the risk of our midfield out of the game (like in the final, practise match against against Port, and game 1). In fact Sweet is the only player in the squad with a 100% win rate when playing in the firsts in the last six months.

Sweet yet to play one AFL game. He is an unknown factor.

Bumper Bulldogs
13-06-2020, 09:55 AM
I can’t see the saints getting over the top of us. We’ll do it for Josh.

Dogs by 18 points with the game iced at 3/4 time.
1st Goal. Wallis
BOG. Bont. Hell will be mega pissed after the first loss as captain.

Let’s hope that the board have told Bevo it’s a short season so you don’t have time to be creative. Play the percentages (people in position) the list is good enough. Our supporters really do need hope

SonofScray
13-06-2020, 10:01 AM
I'm on a roller coaster of emotions heading into R2.

I don't really feel invested in a further compromised league due to COVID. But I'll be glad to have us on TV competing. But it's not really the same as being there. Weird loop of push and pull towards the footy.

I think I am still hurt by our insipid R1 performance & sense of inevitability I feel based on selection. So many games in recent history I feel we're run and done before a ball was even bounced. Sunday has that feeling.

I'm desperate for that to not be the case. So my reaction when it is will be savage. There is no middle ground for me at the moment. If we win I'm up & about. I'll be a mature adult and give us 15 minutes into the first QTR before I start calling for sackings, or that a Flag* will wag.

Danjul
13-06-2020, 10:10 AM
Sweet yet to play one AFL game. He is an unknown factor.
As was Gardner 3 games ago.

So what do we know about Sweet?
He can hold Goldstein. He is a good kick. He has good spatial awareness. But most importantly, he can release talent in the team.

What else do we need to know?
Nothing.

GVGjr
13-06-2020, 10:16 AM
As was Gardner 3 games ago.

So what do we know about Sweet?
He can hold Goldstein. He is a good kick. He has good spatial awareness. But most importantly, he can release talent in the team.

What else do we need to know?
Nothing.

Do we really know that? If we are using the practice game when Goldy wasn't on the ground as much as he would normally do as the measuring stick do we then regard Cordy as an option because he competed well against Goldy for nearly half a game?

Danjul
13-06-2020, 05:47 PM
Do we really know that? If we are using the practice game when Goldy wasn't on the ground as much as he would normally do as the measuring stick do we then regard Cordy as an option because he competed well against Goldy for nearly half a game?
Yes we should. I (and others) are tired of watching English get ‘hung out to dry’. The ruck strategy has been a monumental failure for years. And if Cordy can do well there it’s a clear indication of that failure, proving that what has been dragging the team down is ego and not generalship.

And Cordy’s performance in that game proved that his natural position is one that involves movement. Not a static one- on- one where he gets beaten most of the time by genuine key position players. We lost count last year of how many kicked personal bests against him. All unnecessary angst for the supporters.

Another lesson from that game was English’s remarkable forward work when he was replaced in the ruck. He gave The Bont a first class target and we looked competitive until (mysteriously) both he and the Bont were taken from the ground. Then North regained the upper hand.

None of the members sitting near me could understand that decision.

And back to my original question, in what way is Gardner contributing more than Sweet would? (I would be happy to see Sweet selected as a backman seeing we won’t use Trengove in the team).

jeemak
14-06-2020, 01:30 AM
I'm on a roller coaster of emotions heading into R2.

I don't really feel invested in a further compromised league due to COVID. But I'll be glad to have us on TV competing. But it's not really the same as being there. Weird loop of push and pull towards the footy.

I think I am still hurt by our insipid R1 performance & sense of inevitability I feel based on selection. So many games in recent history I feel we're run and done before a ball was even bounced. Sunday has that feeling.

I'm desperate for that to not be the case. So my reaction when it is will be savage. There is no middle ground for me at the moment. If we win I'm up & about. I'll be a mature adult and give us 15 minutes into the first QTR before I start calling for sackings, or that a Flag* will wag.

I love reading your posts mate.

jeemak
14-06-2020, 01:35 AM
Yes we should. I (and others) are tired of watching English get ‘hung out to dry’. The ruck strategy has been a monumental failure for years. And if Cordy can do well there it’s a clear indication of that failure, proving that what has been dragging the team down is ego and not generalship.

And Cordy’s performance in that game proved that his natural position is one that involves movement. Not a static one- on- one where he gets beaten most of the time by genuine key position players. We lost count last year of how many kicked personal bests against him. All unnecessary angst for the supporters.

Another lesson from that game was English’s remarkable forward work when he was replaced in the ruck. He gave The Bont a first class target and we looked competitive until (mysteriously) both he and the Bont were taken from the ground. Then North regained the upper hand.

None of the members sitting near me could understand that decision.

And back to my original question, in what way is Gardner contributing more than Sweet would? (I would be happy to see Sweet selected as a backman seeing we won’t use Trengove in the team).

You see the game uniquely. Welcome back.

I literally disagree with ninety percent of what you post but you give me something to think about.

We're being sorted out by the MC and coaching staff now, I reckon the white flag has already been raised and we don't think we're ready for a decent run at a flag now.

If that's true, it's going to be hard to watch this year.

Hotdog60
14-06-2020, 07:52 AM
I reckon the white flag has already been raised and we don't think we're ready for a decent run at a flag now.

If that's true, it's going to be hard to watch this year.

If as you say the white flag has been raised then there is every possibility we are sorting our list for next year and with the AFL talking about reduced lists this could be the beginning of a compromised season were lets see if these blokes are worth keeping on the list type of sorting session.
We'll get a better idea if we see more fringe players given extended runs.

comrade
14-06-2020, 08:36 AM
I must say, it's pretty cool to wake up and have a Dogs game to look forward to all day.

1eyedog
14-06-2020, 10:00 AM
I must say, it's pretty cool to wake up and have a Dogs game to look forward to all day.

I thought the same thing and then I looked at the ladder and reflected on our last two outings.

G-Mo77
14-06-2020, 10:16 AM
I thought the same thing and then I looked at the ladder and reflected on our last two outings.

A top 5 draft pick doesn't excite you?;)

comrade
14-06-2020, 10:46 AM

Oh, I totally expect this positive feeling to disappear about 15 minutes into the first quarter after Max King has taken a few easy marks on Alex Keath's head.

Bulldog4life
14-06-2020, 10:50 AM
Feeling positive about this one. Doggies by 28 points. Bruce to kick 4 and a good week coming up for all Woofers.

GVGjr
14-06-2020, 11:18 AM
So we have clearly flagged our intentions to out run the Saints today so I'm going into this game with a fair bit of confidence and expecting a strong and most importantly a spirited performance. Given our last two outings, Bevo and the coaches must have our players switched on for a contest and there can be no excuses for anything less than a 'hungry for the contest' effort.

The key for us has to be Bruce and Naughton up forward because if they have good games it will really set us on the right path
We will also need to hope that Keath and Gardner can keep the Saints forwards in check and that our midfield returns to form

I'm not expecting a very high standard game from a skills perspective but if our hunger is there a 24 point win is there for the taking.

Grantysghost
14-06-2020, 12:33 PM
I think we will find out a bit about Bruce today, he’s been vocal publicly on numerous occasions regarding his want to play finals (fair enough) which was also a bit of a back hander to the Saints. It should add some spice to that sub contest. I don’t mind being bold so I’m backing him to stand up and have a big influence today, be interesting to watch!
Dogs by 25 on the back of a dominant midfield showing and four from Bruce.

Edit as per OP

First goal Wallis
BOG Dunkley

Happy Days
14-06-2020, 12:58 PM
Oh, I totally expect this positive feeling to disappear about 15 minutes into the first quarter after Max King has taken a few easy marks on Alex Keath's head.

The current 22 is a gold mine for easy dunks and you pick one of the good players. Controversial yet brave.

1eyedog
14-06-2020, 01:02 PM

If our midfield continues to run one way that's exactly what's going to happen.

Jeanette54
14-06-2020, 01:04 PM
I confess to being seriously worried today, who knows what we will dish up.

Dogs to just fall in (I say with everything crossed)

First goal: Don't care as long as its us.

BOG: Crozier (I suspect the backline will have more opportunities than the forwards).

Sadly subscribing to the "Murphy was an optimist" mantra today.

BornInDroopSt'54
14-06-2020, 01:52 PM
My intuition is failing me. The brilliant form post bye last season raged like COVID 19 until physical pressure proved an antidote.
Then the COVID culture itself further distanced us from that period of dominance.
Saints will try to outrun us. They have troubled us with their run in the recent past but blind optimism tells me we will outpossess them for a 27 point win.
First goal Naughton.
BOG Macrae.

GVGjr
14-06-2020, 04:21 PM
My concern about today's game is that we will dominate the first half and to about the 10 miniute mark of the 3rd quarter without putting them away and then as fatigue sets in for our players someone like Carlisle or Marshall will be swung forward and start taking grabs that put them back into the game. With 5 minutes to go we are a few points up but haven't had the ball in our forward half for nearly 10 minutes. Things look grim until JJ does one of those great runs that splits their midfield apart and Gowers gets the game sealing goal.

We will laud the spirited win but still have some doubts about if we have what it takes

mjp
14-06-2020, 05:21 PM
I feel good about selection...and good about today. We have named a team of runners and a forward line full of forwards.

Firs time goal - Bruce
BOG - Macrae
Dogs by 35.

bornadog
14-06-2020, 05:25 PM
I feel good about selection...and good about today. We have named a team of runners and a forward line full of forwards.

Saints have gone in with an inexperienced backline, so should be a good battle if we can get the ball into our f50. I think Naughton will play a blinder.

Bumper Bulldogs
14-06-2020, 05:26 PM
I like the selections and the team looks good. Should be a good game and we will have this iced by 1/2 time.

kruder
14-06-2020, 06:00 PM
Saints have gone in with an inexperienced backline, so should be a good battle if we can get the ball into our f50. I think Naughton will play a blinder.

Yep agree there backline is gettable for sure.

The Bulldogs Bite
14-06-2020, 07:10 PM
Gardner poor...

Eastdog
14-06-2020, 07:14 PM
Good start. Wallis up and about. Wally and Jack with our first 2.

jeemak
14-06-2020, 07:15 PM
Good first touch from Vandermeer, good forward running from our mids to follow up.

Eastdog
14-06-2020, 07:19 PM
Good first touch from Vandermeer, good forward running from our mids to follow up.

Been good.

Eastdog
14-06-2020, 07:21 PM
Great to be hitting targets inside 50. Just need to convert.

jeemak
14-06-2020, 07:25 PM
Great to see the goal kicking is still a problem.

1eyedog
14-06-2020, 07:25 PM
Disgusting

GVGjr
14-06-2020, 07:26 PM
The early signs indicate we are heading towards a good contest and a scarce as hens teeth goal from Macrae a real positive sign

Eastdog
14-06-2020, 07:26 PM
Great to see the goal kicking is still a problem.

Yep 2.4

Gee we don’t take our chances.

comrade
14-06-2020, 07:27 PM
Gardner just does not look like he wants to be out there.

The Bulldogs Bite
14-06-2020, 07:28 PM
Goal kicking atrocious, defensive group rubbish.

Endeavour is better but that's about it.

comrade

Same old.

Eastdog
JJ probably should have taken that mark.

GVGjr
Gardner poor...

Wasn't that Keath?

AndrewP6
14-06-2020, 07:29 PM
Uninspiring after a 3 month absence. Yay.

G-Mo77
14-06-2020, 07:29 PM
Geez can't even watch this. Thought all games would be FTA for some reason? Anyway I'm in bed by 7 so couldn't watch much of it anyway, listening to ABC sounds like I'm not missing much.

comrade
14-06-2020, 07:30 PM
Good spoil on King.

1eyedog
14-06-2020, 07:30 PM
Jesus Christ Daniel nearly got killed doing what Young should have.

GVGjr
14-06-2020, 07:31 PM

There is a bit of rust that needs to be worked on but I remain a believer that when the work rate is there good things will come

Eastdog
14-06-2020, 07:32 PM
English has been alright.

Macrae been very good as you would expect.

comrade
14-06-2020, 07:32 PM
Seriously Jong.

ledge
14-06-2020, 07:34 PM
Same old story couldn’t hit the side of a barn door , when is this club going to sort out it’s set shot kicking at goal, 4 years of it now.

comrade
14-06-2020, 07:34 PM
Well we're still in it.

Our back line is just waiting to be torn open.

comrade
14-06-2020, 07:35 PM
And if Lloyd can't convert from 30m directly in front, he can't be picked. Gives us very little anywhere else.

jeemak
14-06-2020, 07:35 PM
I forgot how pissed off watching us waste opportunities makes me. It's so bloody unprofessional and reckless.

The endeavour is there, but we need to be mindful of them on the rebound because they are looking dangerous and we kind of look as if we're forgetting that we need to go with them with defencive run.

whythelongface
14-06-2020, 07:36 PM
Endeavour has been there. Good to see. Lacking goal kicking accuracy as per normal. Felt we were marginally better than the Saints and should be two goals in front.

ledge
There is a bit of rust that needs to be worked on but I remain a believer that when the work rate is there good things will come

All clubs are starting the same.

Mantis
Our back line is just waiting to be torn open.

Luckily there’s is just as bad.

The Bulldogs Bite
14-06-2020, 07:37 PM
And if Lloyd can't convert from 30m directly in front, he can't be picked. Gives us very little anywhere else.

We shouldn't be playing him and Dale - they're the same player.

Mantis

Ditto Bailey Dale.

Bumper Bulldogs
I recon we are going alright. We have made mistakes but that’s expected. Bevo will tidy that up at quarter time and we’ll be right in it during the second. Endeavour is good we just need to finish and put score board pressure.

Eastdog
14-06-2020, 07:38 PM
Same old story couldn’t hit the side of a barn door , when is this club going to sort out it’s set shot kicking at goal, 4 years of it now.

Yeah the most important aspect of the game yet we are so poor at it.

AndrewP6
I cringe every time it goes into defensive 50. I cringe every time we kick for goal. I’m doing a lot of cringing.

The bulldog tragician
I’m just glad to see more effort and players looking like they aren’t going to meekly fold under the rough stuff.

bailey smiths been terrific, Wally has been hard at it. I do hate Daniel on the backline. English monstered yet again in the ruck I’m afraid.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
14-06-2020, 07:39 PM
Endeavour much better than the last game. Skills very rusty. We controlled a lot of that quarter, yet we find ourselves behind.
We better solve some problems quickly.

comrade
14-06-2020, 07:39 PM
Luckily there’s is just as bad.

Unfortunately, our forwards won't make them pay.

whythelongface
14-06-2020, 07:40 PM
We need Bont to dominate

kruder
I actually think Jong has been really good, Naughty looks dangerous and Lippa decision making has been excellent.

Caleb Daniel back to kicking out? :confused: The Bont needs to lift.

Eastdog
I’m just glad to see more effort and players looking like they aren’t going to meekly fold under the rough stuff.

bailey smiths been terrific, Wally has been hard at it. I do hate Daniel on the backline. English monstered yet again in the ruck I’m afraid.

English we need to persist with certainly has a lot more improving to do.

The Bulldogs Bite
14-06-2020, 07:42 PM
Oh Gowers.

Mantis
14-06-2020, 07:43 PM
On ya Billy!

Didn’t know you were out there until then.

The bulldog tragician
Thanks Billy.

Happy Days
Get Gowers off

jeemak
Thanks for your contribution Billy. Great stuff mate.

comrade
Cheers, Billy.

Bumper Bulldogs
Nice goal to billing’s from Billy’s 50m

Bumper Bulldogs
14-06-2020, 07:44 PM
Billy another push in the back

Mantis
He’s just taking the piss now.

Rocket Science
If Gardner doesn't want to be a lightning rod he needs to do much better in contests like that one.

Happy Days
14-06-2020, 07:45 PM
Gowers is a dickhead. At least Toby Greene is a gun.

jeemak
14-06-2020, 07:47 PM
What the actual *!*!*!*! Vandermeer you goose. You don't ignore the Bont like that you twit.

Happy Days
14-06-2020, 07:48 PM
Oh my god get him off

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
14-06-2020, 07:49 PM
Billy Gowers....just atrocious so far.

Mantis
Billy, You get a chance to atone And kick it along the ground... have a spell mate.

The Bulldogs Bite
I've seen enough of Gowers forever

comrade
Billy, You get a chance to atone And kick it along the ground... have a spell mate.

Training well, though.

AndrewP6
I haven’t seen a game in 3 months and they dish up this garbage...

1eyedog
Macrae can't kick there I said it.

Mantis
14-06-2020, 07:50 PM
Training well, though.

Bevo needs to extracts his head out of you know where.

The bulldog tragician
14-06-2020, 07:51 PM
Wheels coming off. Who will stand up?

Eastdog
14-06-2020, 07:52 PM
Need to lift

Eastdog
14-06-2020, 07:52 PM
Gowers should have marked that

The bulldog tragician
14-06-2020, 07:53 PM
The umpire doesn’t like Billy either

AndrewP6
14-06-2020, 07:54 PM
Umpires hot on a player infringing the protected area, yet oblivious to a player jumping into someone’s back.

comrade
14-06-2020, 07:54 PM
**** we make everything look arduous.

EasternWest
14-06-2020, 07:55 PM
You know when we were dominating possession and missed three easy goals? That brought on that familiar old feeling.

Eastdog
Well done Laitham! First afl goal!

EasternWest
Young Mark!

Eastdog
The umpire doesn’t like Billy either

Yeah easily could have been a free.

comrade
14-06-2020, 07:56 PM
Nice work, Dutchman. He's been right amongst it so far.

The Bulldogs Bite
Thank god for Smith. Really think he's close to our best mid already.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
Our best passage of play. Gowers to Naughts to Van der Meer.
C'mon boys!

comrade
14-06-2020, 07:57 PM
Our ruck and defence is just a dumpster fire.

Rocket Science
14-06-2020, 07:58 PM
Daniel can read the ball better than anyone else in our backline. Pity he's half everyone else's height.

EasternWest
Our ruck and defence is just a dumpster fire.

It's a shame we don't have a proven big body that will compete, compete, compete.

chef
Love watching Daniel try and play tall in defence.

Long year coming up, even with the short season.

GVGjr
14-06-2020, 08:01 PM
Thank god for Smith. Really think he's close to our best mid already.

He's a gem isn't he? A shining light

We've had a few passengers so far and we need a lot more from Bontempelli and Bruce

EasternWest
Love watching Daniel try and play tall in defence.

Long year coming up, even with the short season.

If only I had some redskin macaroons to ease the pain.

Eastdog
Terrible shocking kick Gardner.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
Gardner, absolute rubbish.

chef
Lol Gardner.

Eastdog
14-06-2020, 08:02 PM
Thanks Gardner!!

Grantysghost
Officially embarrassing.

EasternWest
That's appalling.

Mantis
14-06-2020, 08:03 PM
How is Gardner playing AFL footy?

It’s like we’ve pulled someone out of the crowd.

chef
If only I had some redskin macaroons to ease the pain.

Oh they're so good.

The Bulldogs Bite
We're just no good.

MC included.

Folding to St Kilda lol.

Happy Days
Remember when picking Gardner and Gowers wasn’t going to cost us the game?

AndrewP6
Pitiful. 3 months, and we look worse than ever. Just disgraceful.

Eastdog
Terrible defensively tonight but all from the Gardner mistake.

Sedat
Precision kick inside 50 by the Saints in sharp contrast to the Gardiner shank. You need to have a discernible basic skill level to have an AFL career.

Rocket Science
Keath going off his tits at Gardner while Butler runs past him into an open goal is peak Bulldogs right now.

ledge
It’s like we are chasing 90% of the game like against the pies.
We live off the opposition wasting it and it’s not going to happen.
Serious problems. Second to the ball they just play with us,

comrade
Keath and Gardner blueing as Butler strolls past them. Nice.

Bulldog Joe
14-06-2020, 08:04 PM
We are atrocious

Happy Days
This is unfair to me I care too much about this to see players who genuinely cannot play on the field

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
Does Gardner have ANY AFL attributes?

1eyedog
And then he gives awayba free kick. He Is Horrible!

G-Mo77
14-06-2020, 08:05 PM
How is Gardner playing AFL footy?

It’s like we’ve pulled someone out of the crowd.

If there was a crowd we may have a better chance.

Happy Days
If I was Keath I’d be crook at having to share the field with him too.

Mantis
This is unfair to me I care too much about this to see players who genuinely cannot play on the field

I wish I hated this club about now as I’d love to not care.

I’m so far over Bevo... questions need to be raised as this is *!*!*!*!ing rubbish.

Bumper Bulldogs
14-06-2020, 08:06 PM
Ok I was wrong

whythelongface
14-06-2020, 08:07 PM
Our midfield is getting smashed. Dunks, Macrae and Bont being owned.

EasternWest
I don't rate Johannisen at all and would be happy to offload him.

GVGjr
Does Gardner have ANY AFL attributes?

He does but he isn't composed at this level yet

AndrewP6
14-06-2020, 08:08 PM
Gardner is terrible, but we knew that. When do Bontempelli, Macrae, Bruce, Johannisen, Keath et al step up as senior players?

Vred
Lost this at match selection, said it days ago.

and I wasn’t wrong.

The bulldog tragician
Remember when Bevo’s daring left field selections somehow always paid off?

Those days are gone and this just feels like hubris.

Grantysghost
14-06-2020, 08:09 PM
It’s panic ball, every one flood forward like headless chooks, turnover and burnt. Structure non existent, Bont not in the game again so unusual for him.

G-Mo77
He does but he isn't composed at this level yet

Then shouldn't be playing at this level yet.

kruder
Bevo looking like he is wasting another early season game due to selection. Surely he would have leant by now.

EasternWest
Gardner is terrible, but we knew that. When do Bontempelli, Bruce, Keath et al step up as senior players?

Gardner wouldn't look half as bad if he wasn't under constant pressure.

And, as you and others have said, Gardner's ability or lack thereof isn't our issue.

G-Mo77
14-06-2020, 08:10 PM
Off to bed all. Good luck....

comrade
Gardner is terrible, but we knew that. When do Bontempelli, Bruce, Keath et al step up as senior players?

Yeah, we're getting what we deserve with Gardner. He was never going to provide anything so no point tipping it on him.

Gowers, too. He's doing what he's always done.

Bont isn't a captain's a-hole at this point.

Bumper Bulldogs
Ok so the shining light is Bailey Smith. He is a gun and in everything. I hope he stays as I recon the crows will come hard for him.

The Bulldogs Bite
Gardner is terrible, but we knew that. When do Bontempelli, Macrae, Bruce, Johannisen, Keath et al step up as senior players?

Fair call. Let's be honest, Bont has been pathetic v GWS, Pies and for a half v Saints. Macrae slightly better, Dunkley MIA, ditto JJ. These are meant to be our better players.

Smith has been our only positive during these games. Absolute jet.

Moreover, we're bloody soft

GVGjr
A lot of us were concerned that they would be too tall for us but that hasn't eventuated yet so what exactly is going wrong?

Can Bont lift?

comrade
Lost this at match selection, said it days ago.

and I wasn’t wrong.

So did the rest of WOOF.

The bulldog tragician
14-06-2020, 08:11 PM
Daniel can read the ball better than anyone else in our backline. Pity he's half everyone else's height.

He actually saved a few goals and the only one composed when the rest were headless chooks

Sedat
14-06-2020, 08:12 PM
Getting smashed in contested ball, Libba would have been handy I suppose.

bornadog
14-06-2020, 08:12 PM
Our midfield is getting smashed. Dunks, Macrae and Bont being owned.

Not quite, but they have not been effective. Smith has played well, Dunks most disposals on the ground. We just aren't delivering the ball into the forward 50 very well. Gardner, Gowers should not be playing.

Happy Days
14-06-2020, 08:13 PM
Fair call. Let's be honest, Bont has been pathetic v GWS, Pies and for a half v Saints. Macrae slightly better, Dunkley MIA, ditto JJ. These are meant to be our better players.

Smith has been our only positive during these games. Absolute jet.

Moreover, we're bloody soft

Yeah thats fair but also none of those guys nave given away two free kicks for no reason directly leading to goals and also have missed targets with all their kicks.

We should all be sick that they keep going past AFL standard players to pick Gardner.

The Bulldogs Bite
14-06-2020, 08:14 PM
A lot of us were concerned that they would be too tall for us but that hasn't eventuated yet so what exactly is going wrong?

Can Bont lift?

To sum it up simply, we are soft front runners who buckle under real and perceived pressure and every side knows it.

Can't wait for more talking during the week...

Remi Moses
14-06-2020, 08:14 PM
We’ve kicked 8 goals in 6 quarters
Totally unacceptable and to be honest
Embarrassing

Bumper Bulldogs
14-06-2020, 08:15 PM
So is it time for Naughton to go back, Gardener in the ruck and English up forward.

whythelongface
14-06-2020, 08:15 PM
Yes Gardner, Gowers et al are poor but this is not being lost at the selection table. Our much flaunted midfield are being woefully exposed. That’s where they are dominating.

Our best players are our younger shining lights such as Smith and English. Even Jong is involved in more of the action and he hasn’t played for two years. Bont, Dunks, Macrae need to step up and starting winning some ball.

Remi Moses
14-06-2020, 08:16 PM
We seem to talk up a good game
Can’t back it up

ledge
14-06-2020, 08:16 PM
We be lucky to kick 5 goals in the entire game with our opposition chasing and delivery into our forward line is rare as it is let alone have any system.

ratsmac
14-06-2020, 08:17 PM
We are experts at making ordinary teams look like premiers. We would have the worst defence on the league. We try and play like millionaires when going forward but we are broke. How many handballs bloody? Once the ball is turned over it's open slather the saints are quick to make position while we are all at sea.

Questionable team selection raising questions once again. We'll get it right when it's too late is my guess.

Big 3rd quarter needed is an understatement

comrade
I’m actually hoping lists do get reduced because we need a significant clean out.

DOG GOD
Good to see nothing has changed since last year. Looks like the dogs players are playing in tune with their 70% pay cuts.

Totally insipid.

GVGjr
Then shouldn't be playing at this level yet.

And the problem with that this year is there is not another level. At the start of this disjointed season he should have been seen as a back up option but somehow he leapfrogged a few others. The MC see something in him and I hope he has a significantly better 2nd half

whythelongface
14-06-2020, 08:18 PM
Not quite, but they have not been effective. Smith has played well, Dunks most disposals on the ground. We just aren't delivering the ball into the forward 50 very well. Gardner, Gowers should not be playing.

Yeah ok. Not Dunks but Bont and Macrae are nowhere. That is where we are getting smashed. Jones is carving us up.

Happy Days
14-06-2020, 08:18 PM
If Gowers and Gardner weren’t playing then the 3 (being generous) goals they’re directly culpable for wouldn’t have happened and we’d be down less than a goal. We’d all be filthy at how we’re going but also have a lot of scope to improve.

This absolutely is their fault, we all called it and there’s nothing we can do about it because our coach is obsessed with being the smartest guy in the room.

Bullies
14-06-2020, 08:19 PM
We have no Plan B. It is all or nothing at the one pace. Saints are just holding the ball and hitting targets we are kamikaze.

Grantysghost

Can Bont lift?

Stats wise the only real discrepancy is hit outs 21-6 but hasn’t really hurt us in clearances down by 1. Taking an extra moment in possession and nailing our chances would go along way. We need a big half from the captain to state the obvious.

Edit : contested poss as stated on here is 67-54 Saints way

Dry Rot
I only have a crappy radio call, but it seems that aside from Smith we are rubbish.

Sedat
To sum it up simply, we are soft front runners who buckle under real and perceived pressure and every side knows it.

Can't wait for more talking during the week...
The body of work is increasing. Happened a good 4-5 times last year, then the embarrassing finals effort and R1. Our midfield is probably the most overrated group in the competition - if the opposition mids bring a modicum of heat at the contest, we go to water in the middle.

Happy Days
14-06-2020, 08:20 PM
I only have a crappy radio call, but it seems that aside from Smith we are rubbish.

Dunkley and Jong have been good. Naughton’s hands aren’t there but he’s involved a lot. They’re carrying a lot of dead weight.

Rocket Science
14-06-2020, 08:20 PM
It's hard to see us winning many games unless (a) our midfield dominates, and (b) we kick straight.

How often are those stars likely to align?

GVGjr
14-06-2020, 08:21 PM
I’m actually hoping lists do get reduced because we need a significant clean out.

I've been suggesting this for years :) We seem to want that extra year before making the hard call. That's great for team morale but it hasn't quite paid off with seeing an improving list fighting for available spots in the senior side

Happy Days
14-06-2020, 08:22 PM

Its a nice idea but we’d just keep the shit players on anyway.

Bumper Bulldogs
14-06-2020, 08:23 PM
Stats wise the only real discrepancy is hit outs 21-6 but hasn’t really hurt us in clearances down by 1. Taking an extra moment in possession and nailing our chances would go along way. We need a big half from the captain to state the obvious.
Our list is not as bad as the current score line. We looked goat the second term. Hoping to turn it around in the second half.

Nuggety Back Pocket

If players were picked on form preseason Trengrove Maclean and Cordy must feel nonplussed at others being selected who are clearly not up to the required AFL standard

comrade
Who’s looking forward to Roarke Smith coming in next week?

Vred
It's hard to see us winning many games unless (a) our midfield dominates, and (b) we kick straight.

How often are those stars likely to align?

yes, we’re basically *!*!*!*!ed.

EasternWest

If he comes in for Johannisen I'm all for it.

At least Roarke has a go.

The Bulldogs Bite
14-06-2020, 08:24 PM

Needed a good laugh!

Happy Days
14-06-2020, 08:25 PM

If its for Gardner I’d wear Rohan Smith coming in.

whythelongface
14-06-2020, 08:25 PM
If Gowers and Gardner weren’t playing then the 3 (being generous) goals they’re directly culpable for wouldn’t have happened and we’d be down less than a goal. We’d all be filthy at how we’re going but also have a lot of scope to improve.

This absolutely is their fault, we all called it and there’s nothing we can do about it because our coach is obsessed with being the smartest guy in the room.

True. That is the case. But that is giving our midfield a free pass which is where the bigger issue lies.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
14-06-2020, 08:26 PM
Something just doesn't seem right. From a supposedly tight knight group in 2016, we seem listless and lacking in care for each other.

Our mids on paper look great, but at the moment the only one that looks influential is 2nd year Bailey Smith.
Bont, Macrae, and Dunkley should be doing much better.
JJ,Suckers, Gardner have been error prone.
Richards, Jong and Gowers, have made costly mistakes up the ground, and Lloyd is a witches hat defensively.

Massive 2nd half for our season's fortunes.

Vred

I rate Roarke higher than Gardner and Gowers, bring him in.

Rocket Science
I LOLed.

https://i.ibb.co/qBwbdVs/Screen-Shot-2020-06-14-at-7-25-44-pm.png (https://ibb.co/VV8Xt5S)

The bulldog tragician
14-06-2020, 08:27 PM
With Roark I can at least see raw talent, potential even if he probably won’t ever make it.

I can’t see that in Gardner.

Bullies
Lloyd seems to dodge the bullets. I thought after he crapped himself against Collingwood he would get an extended spell.

merantau
I'm listening on the ABC. This is what I'm hearing from the Dogs POV.
"He shanks his kick." "Should have marked". His handpass missed the target." That was a wasted opportunity." "The kick was poor" "Poor tackle" Took the wrong option". "Brushed aside" " Dropped the mark"

In other words it's a nightmare out there.

Sedat
14-06-2020, 08:28 PM
Very courageous by English.

EasternWest
14-06-2020, 08:29 PM
I'm liking that aerial camera angle thing

GVGjr
14-06-2020, 08:29 PM
Nice start by Red Ed

Mantis
14-06-2020, 08:30 PM
That’s rubbish Bont!

Bumper Bulldogs
14-06-2020, 08:30 PM
Bont on the right and it’s a shocker.

Happy Days
14-06-2020, 08:31 PM
Marcus

Eastdog
Un-Bont Like that was.

Sedat
Putrid by Bont. Complete lack of care with the ball in hand.

Grantysghost
Bont on the right and it’s a shocker.
Does he have a less able twin they’ve somehow swapped him with ? This is career worst stuff.

AndrewP6
14-06-2020, 08:32 PM
We need the captain to lift, and he kicks a nice goal assist - for St Kilda.

Dry Rot
14-06-2020, 08:32 PM
Marcus

Spent too long making podcasts with Bob.

Mantis
14-06-2020, 08:33 PM
How is that not a free to Alex Keath?

Rocket Science
Burn this backline to the ground.

The Bulldogs Bite
Boy oh Boy.

Draft pick#1 come on down.

AndrewP6
They asked people to donate their membership, and repay us with this amateur garbage.

Happy Days
What exactly did we do to McGuire?

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
14-06-2020, 08:34 PM
We are like swisa cheese defensively.

The Bulldogs Bite
Can we please drop Lloyd.

Bumper Bulldogs
Loyd has had two shocking kicks at goal.

Sedat
Trampoline forward line the worst in the comp. Also our defensive press is way too aggressive, much like the first half of last year.

jeemak
Kick a drop punt Loyd you wanker.

Mantis
14-06-2020, 08:35 PM
Lol!!!

Embarrassing Bulldogs... embarrassing!

Bumper Bulldogs
14-06-2020, 08:35 PM
How do we let 5 players get goal side of us in the forward 20m

FrediKanoute
14-06-2020, 08:36 PM
How many weeks have we had to think about this? Pathetic......this is a team effort. We can single out individuals, but right now we are a mile off

DOG GOD
Is our % going to get below 20 ? Lol

Grantysghost
What am I watching?

There’s got to be a Matlock or Murder she wrote on somewhere I’m missing.

Vred
Disgusting. Beyond disgusting. Holy *!*!*!*!.

Dry Rot
14-06-2020, 08:37 PM
Most of our players are infected with the SHTFUL-20 virus. No known cure at this stage.

Sedat
14-06-2020, 08:38 PM
Nobody is supposed to score heavily from D50 rebound in the modern game.

SonofScray
14-06-2020, 08:39 PM
I’ve seen enough. Sack Bevo. Save us from this pathetic, hamster wheel of ineptitude.

Dry Rot
14-06-2020, 08:40 PM
Select Trengove and Sweet and the team is immediately better.

Eastdog
14-06-2020, 08:40 PM
Nice banana goal Bailey Williams to try and plug the hole.

EasternWest
14-06-2020, 08:41 PM
Wow that was a ridiculously good kick.

Mantis
14-06-2020, 08:41 PM
Nobody is supposed to score heavily from D50 rebound in the modern game.

When your small/medium forwards include Gowers, Lloyd, Dale and Wallis are you surprised?

GVGjr
14-06-2020, 08:44 PM
Is our effort there or is it just the skill level that is letting us down?

DOG GOD
14-06-2020, 08:45 PM

Can’t kick, can’t tackle, can’t take contested marks, and not playing as a team.
So pretty much the same old same old.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
14-06-2020, 08:45 PM

I think the fact they've almost walked the ball from D50 to goal at will says a lot of blokes aren't doing their job defensively.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
14-06-2020, 08:46 PM
Bont is out of form. 1st time in his career.

Bullies
14-06-2020, 08:46 PM
Someone tell our defenders that the social distancing rule doesn't apply in a game.