Margin:
Our First Goal:
Our Best On Ground:

Eastdog
15-06-2020, 01:27 PM
Bump

GVGjr
16-06-2020, 11:23 AM
This shapes up as a critical test for the club and it's now complicated by our poor showings over the first two rounds of the season.
It has the added interest because it's against the team that stitched us up in the finals last year and in a way started to insert doubts into our supporter base on how the club handles an opposition team making the game as much about the physical side of the contest as it is about the required skills and planning clubs go through to win a tough contest.

We came up short in terms of handling the physical contest and after that disappointing loss we spent the better part of the preseason apparently using the loss to GWS as the spur for the 2020 season training sessions.
Well 3 weeks in to the season we play our arch nemesis again and it's an almost critical must win game for us

So I have some questions for our WOOF members and I'm hoping for some quality and thought provoking answers much like we achieved on the "Bevo and our efforts" thread

How should we go about rebuilding the confidence of the players and to get them up for the contest?
What tricks or moves might Bevo pull out to really swing things our way?
And finally, is this almost a make or break game for us for the 2020 season?

Much like the Bevo and our efforts thread I welcome your thoughts and I hope for some serious debate

comrade
16-06-2020, 11:33 AM

Naughton back to defence where he belongs.
Trengove into the ruck.
English into a forward/utility role.
Weightman and Cavarra to replace the defense-phobic pair of Dale and Lloyd.

The Pie Man
16-06-2020, 11:38 AM
Trengove into the ruck.

This is a start.

While Weightman & Cavarra don't fit into this yet, I'd like us to play our best 22. Trengove is in that, whether it's in defence or as number 1 ruck.

Both Dale & Lloyd had good ends to the year last year, but they don't seem to suit modern football forward patterns. Cavarra & Weightman, while untried, do.

The Adelaide Connection
16-06-2020, 11:38 AM
Trengove into the ruck.

This.
English-Trengove-Naughton can be switched up to Naughton-English-Trengove to mix it up too.

Danjul
16-06-2020, 11:47 AM
This.
English-Trengove-Naughton can be switched up to Naughton-English-Trengove to mix it up too.
Let’s be fair.
The team selections over the last three years have shown the willingness to improvise.
Most have failed spectacularly.

This would be easy, many think it will work, and if it doesn’t at least we will all know that.
And if it does work- how good will that be.

bornadog
16-06-2020, 11:55 AM
How should we go about rebuilding the confidence of the players and to get them up for the contest?

We tell them they matched the Saints in every KPI on the field, but gave up the ball too easily when approaching the F50. We have to make sure we take our chances, and hit targets.

One move could be to tag a couple of their ball movers. We need to put a stopper on Lachie Whitfield giving them drive out of their backline. Perhaps Richards follows him around and tries to nullify him (other suggestions welcome).

We also need to get the match ups right, especially in their forward line. Young has played well on Cameron, and should come in, and Trengove must come in as a ruckman to help English

I wouldn't say make or break, but would put us 0-3 in a 17 game season.

The Bulldogs Bite
16-06-2020, 12:09 PM
Pick a side that has a chance at winning and then let the players play to their STRENGTHS. This means that Keath doesn't play as the lone tall lock down defender, because he's bloody ordinary at it. This means that English isn't supported by Bruce in the ruck - it has to be Trengove or Sweet, or if we want to scrap it completely then just put Jong in for a few minutes. There are a few other examples but our coaching group need to pick a suitable team that allows individuals the best opportunity at excelling. For the last 3 games, we've picked a side that is already trying to beat itself.

Our mids need to be accountable - they run one way (Smith aside). It's time Dunkley or Libba tag and I'd almost think about playing JJ as a defensive forward v Whitfield, because he's offered us nothing as a half back.

Arguably that was last week. I think our season is shot and I don't see us beating GWS. They are a challenge for us when we are flying, let alone when we are the worst side in the comp on form. I'm not really sure how to 'brand' this game for our players - we were soft and meek in R1 & R2 which is when an emphatic response was required. The media will build this up as our "final" but really, I think it's gone past that.

Pride game? Maybe. I don't know. I think it's more of a "Do you really want to turn up to play this year?" type of game for us. Weed out those going through the motions from others who will put the work in.

Jam Donuts
16-06-2020, 12:33 PM
Maybe Bevo could stop reading Roald Dahl to the buys and read them the riot act instead. These guys are just plain soft.

GVGjr
16-06-2020, 12:49 PM
To me this is all about grabbing back some momentum and insisting on a 4 quarter effort. There were both some positive and negative signs last week so it's a reasonable template for the coaches to use to refocus the group
While I'm sure this happens for every game I would be assigning players some set tasks to help refocus them. That could be around tackling or defensive efforts or about taking the game on. I'd be checking with them at the breaks at how they thing they're going

I'd be playing Bontempelli forward for 70% of the game as his marking power will test their back line. It would also throw a curve ball at how GWS use de Boer.
I'd also be doing something similar with Liberatore and playing him more as an antagonizing forward (he has some form in that area) that will distract their defenders. Heath Shaw can't stand him and would be hugely distracted with Liberatore niggling away at him and other defenders. They set-up a lot of play from the back line so lets try and test them there.
I like BAD's suggestion of looking at a way of curbing Whitfield and maybe that is a role Jong might be able to perform for us

We've steadfastly resisted using tagging but we have to do some work on their players and get them out of their comfort zone

In terms of effort displayed I'd say it's right on the money as being an almost make or break game. We can probably handle not getting the 4 points but on a lot of levels we can't handle a sub-par level around the effort we bring, and importantly, maintain throughout the game

To say I'm really looking forward to this game and all the challenges around motivating the team and getting back to a level of football that we have been known for is a huge understatement
If our players can't get up for this game they never will

We owe them huge and Friday night is our pay back game

SonofScray
17-06-2020, 03:08 PM
gws by 78 points
Wally first goal
Baz BOG

I'd go with some theatrics. My motto recently when we've looked flat, or like we are grinding to a halt has been "2 goals and a fight." If we are down by three, it's game over if they kick another. Simple as that. We'll cave. The fight, the mongrel isn't part of this squad's psyche yet, so it must be manufactured.

Two goals and a fight. We kick two, punch someone. They kick two, punch someone. Every two goals, start a fight. If we want to turn the heat right up, go after one of their younger players. Not in a smart Alec push and shove way, blood curdling violence. Two goals and a fight.

Nuggety Back Pocket
17-06-2020, 08:42 PM
Trengove into the ruck.

I agree with your thoughts on Naughton and English but would prefer to try Sweet in the ruck and Trengrove and Naughton to become our two key defenders.Prefer to also return Richards to defence where he was outstanding in his debut season. To allow St Kilda to score just on 100 points highlights that the backline at present is simply not good enough.
Would also like to add Liberatore Maclean and Williams to support Bont and Dunkley in the midfield with both Macrae and Smith occupying the centre wings. Our midfield badly lacks depth against the stronger Clubs. Suckling proved his worth as a half forward with Hawthorn and given our indifferent forward line may well give us a lift.

Dancin' Douggy
17-06-2020, 08:56 PM
Not bad at all. I would add Lewis Young in for Gardner. And put Libba in over Gowers. Hard to imagine Schache putting in a worse game than Bruce did, so maybe pull that move too.

Eastdog
18-06-2020, 08:43 PM
Margin: Dogs by 1 point - we are 5 points down and Libba gets the winning goal in the last 10 seconds
FG: Josh Bruce with the first and a couple and have a much better game
BOG: Bont - needs to tear it up this time against the Giants

bornadog
18-06-2020, 08:47 PM
Dogs by 17
First Goal: Dale
BOG: Bont

AndrewP6
18-06-2020, 08:58 PM
GWS by 35.
First goal Cameron
Crowd - a bit flat

I like some of the ins, but can't see us turning things around.

EasternWest
18-06-2020, 09:09 PM
Crowd - a bit flat

Get out.

Bumper Bulldogs
18-06-2020, 09:52 PM
GWS are going to one out and expect we will want redemption after our last outing. I can see them going hard after JJ, English and the Bont. That’s the game right there.

If we come out of the blocks and hit the scoreboard and apply score board pressure That’s our best chance.

Anyway I’m hoping for a 7 point win
BOG Dunkley
First Goal Toby McClean.

AndrewP6
19-06-2020, 12:02 AM
Get out.

You're just jealous you didn't think of it ;)

The bulldog tragician
19-06-2020, 11:28 AM
I’m not sure why but I’m starting to feel we are (as they say in the classics) in with a sniff. Look at Hawthorns turnaround from last week. This season is going to throw up strange results.

The Dogs by 15, Bont BOG, “shush” Finlayson to repeat his stellar one possession GF performance.

PS I hope we don’t get sucked into thinking that being tough against the Acronyms means repeating their despicable and crude tactics OR a meaningless push and shove at the centre bounce before play starts. We need to be focused and hunt the ball with manic intensity, that is the best way to inflict pain on your Opposition.

bornadog
19-06-2020, 04:42 PM
Tony Sheahan
@TonySheahan

Hearing strong murmurs that the @GWSGIANTS have rested Toby Greene as they are fearful of suspension playing tonight against the @westernbulldogs

If true, just proves Toby Greene is a coward.

SonofScray
19-06-2020, 04:45 PM
Tony Sheahan
@TonySheahan

Hearing strong murmurs that the @GWSGIANTS have rested Toby Greene as they are fearful of suspension playing tonight against the @westernbulldogs

Absolutely. He is a dead set coward. Surprised more of this hasn't been made. He is a squib and they are excrement.

Happy Days
19-06-2020, 04:46 PM
Tony Sheahan
@TonySheahan

Also shows what they think of our chances.

Btw there’s literally no way this is true.

Jam Donuts
19-06-2020, 04:47 PM
MARGIN: Dogs by 19
1st Goal: B. Smith
BOG: B. Smith

Eastdog
19-06-2020, 04:58 PM
https://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/news/719073/four-things-to-watch-round-3

Four things to watch: Round 3
The key talking points ahead of Friday night's clash against the GWS Giants.

1. The first bounce

There’s no love lost between the Bulldogs and Giants.

It’s one of the AFL’s newest rivalries, with the two western suburbs clubs locking horns in a number of big games in recent years.

The Bulldogs had the wood over the Giants in the regular season last year, winning by 61 points.

But the Giants had the last laugh when it mattered, putting on a physical display in the elimination final to win by 58 points and end the Bulldogs’ season.

And both teams won’t have been pleased with last week’s result.

Expect this game to be on for young and old from the start.

The skipper

Marcus Bontempelli is a superstar.

And this won’t be how he pictured his first season as skipper starting, particularly after the way the Bulldogs’ season came to a close in 2019.

The Bulldogs’ midfield has been beaten by Collingwood and St Kilda this year.

Our captain is key to turning that around against the Giants, and you just know he’ll have his sights set on making a big impact.

The forwards

The Bulldogs finished 2019 as one of the competition’s highest scoring teams.

But so far this year, they’ve been unable to recapture that devastating form around goal.

Could this be the game?

The Giants’ backline boasts some handy players – Nick Haynes, Zac Williams and Phil Davis, just to name a few

But you get the sense the likes of Aaron Naughton and Josh Bruce aren’t too far away from making their presence felt in 2020.

The crowd

Almost 1,000 supporters will be in red, white and blue at Marvel Stadium to watch this clash

Albeit, in cardboard cut-out form!

Thanks to our partner, PEDIGREE® , the Bulldog army will be out in force under the Friday night lights for this crucial clash.

Could it be that added presence which helps the Bulldogs taste victory for the first time in 2020?

1eyedog
19-06-2020, 04:59 PM
Tony Sheahan
@TonySheahan

If I was an AFL footballer I would happily take 8 weeks to send this guy to the spirit realm.

Dogs by 24 points. Line in the sand game for a number of reasons. If we can't get it done tonight we're done.
BOG has to be the Bont
First major I'll go Bruce with a strong mark.

bornadog
19-06-2020, 05:09 PM
Absolutely. He is a dead set coward. Surprised more of this hasn't been made. He is a squib and they are excrement.

The other coward to fix up is Himmblebum. Sniping from behind, punching the Bont in the guts.

https://resources.westernbulldogs.com.au/photo-resources/2020/06/18/73c19a4f-ebf8-4796-ba35-d90b90fec7c1/E2GWWB19DB3987.JPG?width=952&height=592

Rocket Science
19-06-2020, 05:49 PM
Tony Sheahan
@TonySheahan

Please. This is transparent bullshit.

Greene out blunts the revenge narrative clickbait but not if we still milk it!

I heard a rumour we prematurely retired Barry Hall in 2011 because he was going to break every Giant's jaw in this game on top of anyone who tried to stop him.

Remi Moses
19-06-2020, 05:55 PM
He looked injured last week
Complete nonsense

Grantysghost
19-06-2020, 06:18 PM
Giants by 30 I think we missed a trick not changing our ruck setup.
FG : Bruce
BOG : Smith

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
19-06-2020, 06:28 PM
Dogs by 1 point
First Goal: Dale
BOG: Dunkley

Grantysghost
19-06-2020, 07:16 PM
Josh Kelly late out.

Bumper Bulldogs
19-06-2020, 07:23 PM
Josh Kelly late out.

The footy Gods are with us tonight.

DOG GOD
19-06-2020, 07:24 PM
Gws by 28
1st goal - lloyd
Bog - macrae

The Underdog
19-06-2020, 08:03 PM
The footy Gods are with us tonight.

Pretty sure it’s the footy gods way of making it feel worse when we lose.

Eastdog
19-06-2020, 08:07 PM
Go the mighty Bulldogs! From my couch at home

https://i.postimg.cc/kRqBSCvY/F0344-E55-D261-4-F64-B821-E11-C3-BFE1021.jpg (https://postimg.cc/kRqBSCvY)

Twodogs
19-06-2020, 08:12 PM
Libba back in is huge for us and will get us over the line.

Bulldogs by 17 points
BOG MacRae
First Goal McLean

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
19-06-2020, 08:52 PM
Finally we show some grunt in response!

jeemak
Great start. Let it keep happening all night.

I really hope this backfires on GWS big time.

Eastdog
They are giant for Bont but Dunks gets the free and we get the first.

Eastdog
19-06-2020, 08:53 PM
Don’t let them get to us we need to rise above it as jeemak said hopefully it backfires on them.

jeemak
19-06-2020, 08:54 PM
Pretty weak contest from Bont. Needs to be better than that.

GVGjr
19-06-2020, 08:55 PM
They really want to ruffle Bonts hair don't they? Time to get a hair cut Bont

GVGjr
19-06-2020, 08:56 PM
Pretty weak contest from Bont. Needs to be better than that.

Agreed, it won't be good for the others if the leader isn't switched on for a physical and mentally challenging contest

Eastdog
19-06-2020, 08:56 PM
Great kick Caleb.

Eastdog
19-06-2020, 08:59 PM
Bailey!

jeemak
19-06-2020, 08:59 PM
Someone needs to really rough up Coniglio and Ward. Really really get into them.

You hit our guy once, we hit two of yours twice.

Eastdog
19-06-2020, 09:00 PM
Libba to Bruce.

Bruce needs to finish.

Eastdog
19-06-2020, 09:03 PM
Two bad misses

AndrewP6
19-06-2020, 09:04 PM
Commentators well and truly in GWS’ corner.

Kicking hurts us again.

Eastdog
19-06-2020, 09:04 PM
Libba and Daniel been good

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
19-06-2020, 09:07 PM
This is very good energy to date.
Just not capitalising.

Stefcep
19-06-2020, 09:08 PM
should be up by 4

Eastdog
19-06-2020, 09:10 PM
Need to convert! Need to convert!

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
19-06-2020, 09:12 PM
All this great work will come undone if we don't rectify our poor goalkicking.

AndrewP6
19-06-2020, 09:13 PM
Conversion will hurt again. Stand down the myotherapist and employ a kicking coach.

The Bulldogs Bite
19-06-2020, 09:16 PM
Bloody woeful execution, much better effort.

whythelongface
Great qtr except the obvious conversions. Great having Libba and McLean back. Jong has been great doing the little things. Love this intensity. Let’s keep it up for 4 qtrs

comrade
**** me, this goal kicking.

But how good is it to see a bloke like Libba actually giving it everything.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
We are still the masters of the wasted opportunity, both in attacking general play and in direct shots on goal.

We should have at least 3 or 4 more goal on the board, which in turnnwould likely quiten the Plastics fake tough guys routine.

G-Mo77
19-06-2020, 09:17 PM
Oh the goal kicking. We're playing so well but it's all for nothing if we can't kick straight

The Bulldogs Bite
Gotta love Lubna, a reminder why he was our best mid

Vred
If anyone ever dares to say that we aren’t a better side without Libba in our team needs to get their head checked.

Libba is not just best 22 for me, but best 10.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
19-06-2020, 09:18 PM
Gee a fit and snarling Libba adds some steel and intent to our side.

The Underdog
**** me, this goal kicking.

But how good is it to see a bloke like Libba actually giving it everything.

They all have. Not sure what is different but the mindset is tremendous.

The bulldog tragician
Special praise to Naughty for his attack on the ball. Really inspiring. But dogs, your kicking for goal....

Bumper Bulldogs
Great qtr except the obvious conversions. Great having Libba and McLean back. Jong has been great doing the little things. Love this intensity. Let’s keep it up for 4 qtrs

A few small changes and boy can’t you notice a difference. Hope they don’t run out of Buff

Eastdog
19-06-2020, 09:19 PM
Great to have Libba back. We have certainly missed him.

Happy Days
Great effort but we should be a million points up.

Good thing Finlayson is still just as much of a coward loser as I remember.

ReLoad
If anyone ever dares to say that we aren’t a better side without Libba in our team needs to get their head checked.

Libba is not just best 22 for me, but best 10.

His hands are elite! Those close in tight things are incredible.

GWS are not exposing his leg speed, so working great at the minute.

merantau
19-06-2020, 09:20 PM
We are playing with some intensity and menance. Finishing is a let down. But we are definitely up for it tonight.

Eastdog
19-06-2020, 09:29 PM
Loving the game tonight so far

Stefcep
19-06-2020, 09:31 PM
sheesh ...English miss

EasternWest
19-06-2020, 09:31 PM
Naughton throwing his weight around and flying the flag.

I am loving that from him.

Eastdog
19-06-2020, 09:35 PM
Not loving our goal kicking though

1eyedog
19-06-2020, 09:35 PM
Daniel is a jet

jeemak
19-06-2020, 09:38 PM
These commentary arseholes are right into the GWS love.

Grantysghost
19-06-2020, 09:40 PM
I guess Whitfield will be at the coin toss next time we play.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
19-06-2020, 09:41 PM
I hate the plastics, but Haynes is a ripper.

Eastdog
19-06-2020, 09:41 PM
Scoreboard pressure the big downer tonight otherwise a good solid performance.

1eyedog
19-06-2020, 09:43 PM
They are done. Cannot move it out of D50

Eastdog
19-06-2020, 09:43 PM
Wallis finishes. Important goal.

jeemak
19-06-2020, 09:44 PM
Dale isn't having a great night but that was a class give to Wallis.

Great finish, just need not to let one get through in the last minute and I'm happy.

EasternWest
19-06-2020, 09:44 PM
I hate the plastics, but Haynes is a ripper.

He's a gun.

Interesting that when they saw we weren't going to tolerate being bullied they've gone away from almost all physicality.

Maybe there's a lesson there somewhere.

EasternWest
19-06-2020, 09:47 PM
Good half overall.

We won the fight and so we're winning the game.

Johannisen and Richards have both been miles better tonight.

As per usual, I hope we don't come to regret the 3 or 4 goals that were gimmes.

AndrewP6
These commentary arseholes are right into the GWS love.

It’s disgraceful.

GVGjr
Gee We need to get something else out of Bruce

angelopetraglia
19-06-2020, 09:48 PM
Great half. Put them to the sword now. We definitely stood up to their pressure.

whythelongface
19-06-2020, 09:48 PM
Loving Bailey Williams game. He has been really good playing off half back but also playing further up the ground.

AndrewP6
19-06-2020, 09:49 PM
I like the intensity. English and Naughton having a good impact, throwing themselves at the contest. Welcome back LIBBA.

bornadog
He's a gun.

Interesting that when they saw we weren't going to tolerate being bullied they've gone away from almost all physicality.

Love the way we stood up to their stupid tactics. Good to see LIbba in there backing Bont against De Boof, Bruce is a great addtion as well.

Disappointing we didn't put more scoreboard pressure on.

whythelongface
Gee We need to get something else out of Bruce

Agree. He really needs to step up. Can’t believe he didn’t make the distance with his kick at goal

Happy Days
Should be over. Isn’t over. Feels bad man.

Haynes is an incredible player.

The Bulldogs Bite
19-06-2020, 09:50 PM
Macraes kicking is driving me nuts.

We're better but still a long way off it. Keith has been very good, need more from Bruce.

Vandermeer had some impressive moments and I love Smith and Libba

Vred
19-06-2020, 09:50 PM
He's a gun.

its exactly what Richmond did to them in the granny, they out bullied them early and threw the weight around and GWS crumbled as a result.

fake tough guys

comrade
19-06-2020, 09:51 PM
Toby McLean showing Bevo he wants it.

Liked Vandermeer’s mark backing into the hole.

DOG GOD
19-06-2020, 09:51 PM
Great to have Libba back, and McLean showing why he should be selected. Libba is our best mid, no doubt. In and under and the hands of a God. On the other hand, every time I see Macrae kick, I cringe...does he ever hit a target ? Absolute lazy disposal. Is he half asleep ?

merantau
19-06-2020, 09:52 PM
That was a good first half. We are definitely up for it. The "ins" have done very well. Mitch Wallis - can kick a clutch goal. This is what we are capable of. And what we are capable of will worry any team this year.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
I am loving Mclean, Daniel, Dunks, English, Keath, Macrae (bar his goalkicking) and Libba's energy.
Part of me is grateful we've responded like this, the other part is going, where was this in round 1 and 2? The reason we're on top tonight right now , is less about skill, and more mindset, focus, energy and effort; all above the shoulders stuff.

The bulldog tragician
Agree. He really needs to step up. Can’t believe he didn’t make the distance with his kick at goal

Yes but I love him flying the flag and throwing his (a little too) considerable weight around

The Underdog
19-06-2020, 09:53 PM
How good has Keath been? Almost BOG.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
19-06-2020, 09:53 PM
I hope the media don't get Naughton suspended. Whitfield put his head right in the line of the ball. Naughton did NOT deviate from the line of the ball and did not do anthing other than protect himself.

Stefcep
19-06-2020, 09:54 PM
Bevo: "Everything but our finish"...so when will it get fixed?

Happy Days
19-06-2020, 09:54 PM
How good has Keath been? Almost BOG.

He’s looked solid one on one too. Didn’t know he had that kind of slipper.

DOG GOD
19-06-2020, 09:55 PM
I think tonight shows though that Wallis and Lloyd can’t play in the same fwd line. We look slow up there. Man if only we had a Charlie Cameron up there.

bornadog
19-06-2020, 09:57 PM
I think tonight shows though that Wallis and Lloyd can’t play in the same fwd line. We look slow up there. Man if only we had a Charlie Cameron up there.

and Dale 4 disposals.

24 Inside 50s, we have really wasted them just bombing it in.

The Underdog
19-06-2020, 09:57 PM

Wails is certainly claiming the spot. Lloyd needs to put in some work to keep his spot.

Eastdog
19-06-2020, 09:59 PM
Wallis is the definition of what our club is about. Wears a famous number.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
19-06-2020, 09:59 PM
We'll score more if we can not target Hayne's area when going inside 50!

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
19-06-2020, 10:00 PM
Wallis is the dentition of what our club is about.

I didn't know Wally studied dentistry? Or that poor dental care was a pressing issue at our club Eastie ;)

Bumper Bulldogs
19-06-2020, 10:00 PM
Wails is certainly claiming the spot. Lloyd needs to put in some work to keep his spot.

Agree but Wallys looks more likely to tackle and hit the score board. Oh and fly the flag fit his team mates.

DOG GOD
19-06-2020, 10:01 PM
We'll score more if we can not target Hayne's area when going inside 50!

Not sure why we would even kick it in his area....lloyd/dale should sacrifice their game to get him out of the play.

AndrewP6
They’re one down on the bench, if we can straighten up in front of goal, we can go on with this.

Eastdog
I didn't know Wally studied dentistry? Or that poor dental care was a pressing issue at our club Eastie ;)

Sorry definition I meant :D

Posting from my iPad.

Eastdog
19-06-2020, 10:09 PM
Goal! Ed gets it! Great play.

Axe Man
19-06-2020, 10:09 PM
How’s the step on vander?

G-Mo77
19-06-2020, 10:10 PM
How’s the step on vander?

Lovely.

Eastdog
19-06-2020, 10:14 PM
Tim English taking some good marks. Must keep persisting with him.

Eastdog
19-06-2020, 10:15 PM
Laitham been good as well in his 2nd game.

AndrewP6
19-06-2020, 10:16 PM
Baz is BOG for mine.

jeemak
19-06-2020, 10:17 PM
I am desperately in love with Bailey Smith.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
19-06-2020, 10:19 PM

Me too.

Eastdog
19-06-2020, 10:20 PM
Finish it off Dogs! Giants have been weak

AndrewP6
Christ this should be over.

1eyedog
Suckling needs a spell for a while

Eastdog
19-06-2020, 10:21 PM
We didn’t want that.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
Yep, Suckers has been very poor

jeemak
Naughton and Suckling, you're breaking my heart.

comrade
My Suckling hatred is bubbling up again.

G-Mo77
Who kicked that one? Macrae? Suckling?

1eyedog

Get in line buddy.

EasternWest
Suckling. Geez. You are just an awful footballer.

Grantysghost
19-06-2020, 10:22 PM
That two goal turn around from poor skill errors is painful.

GVGjr
Suckling needs a spell for a while

Hard to defend him. He's made two kicking errors and and the last one cost us a goal

The Underdog

Science’s next great advancement will be finding a way for me to have his babies

Eastdog
19-06-2020, 10:23 PM
Applying the scoreboard pressure more now.

EasternWest
Bontempelli sublime. What a kick.

whythelongface
Great work Bont and Dale

1eyedog
On a night when no one can kick a set shot for us Bailey Dale secures his spot in the team next week.

jeemak
See that's what Dale needs to do. Keep getting into the right position, execute.

If he kicks one or two, a couple of goal assists it's a good outcome. Just needs to stay involved.

EasternWest
19-06-2020, 10:24 PM
Science’s next great advancement will be finding a way for me to have his babies

Chortle.

1eyedog
19-06-2020, 10:26 PM
Annnnnd there's De Boer's one win for the night.

1eyedog
19-06-2020, 10:26 PM
Magnificent

Eastdog
19-06-2020, 10:27 PM
We are all over them.

G-Mo77
19-06-2020, 10:28 PM
Given them their 2 goals this quarter.

whythelongface
Who kicked that out?

Eastdog
Get it back Dogs!

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
Our mistakes, keep them right in this.

EasternWest
19-06-2020, 10:29 PM
Alright. I'm on the "have babies with Bailey Smith" train too.

Choo Choo.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
19-06-2020, 10:30 PM
Libba!!!!!

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
19-06-2020, 10:31 PM
Love it.
Finish it boys!!
Finish it

EasternWest
19-06-2020, 10:32 PM
Our guys are just not having that faux tough stuff tonight.

Good. It's about time.

comrade
Naughton exhausting his jumper quota for the night. Love it.

The Underdog
Alright. I'm on the "have babies with Bailey Smith" train too.

Choo Choo.

The more Smith father sons the better

chef
Nice to see a bit of fight back in us. 1 more quarter please.

Eastdog
19-06-2020, 10:33 PM
Bring it home!

Sorry GWS your intimidation of Bont did not work this time.

josie
Libba!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!’

The Bulldogs Bite
God I hate these orange plastic flogs

Happy Days
Textbook “we suck lets fight” from the Giants there.

Bumper Bulldogs
Clearly we have found that edge again. Frustrating that in season is all between the ears with this group.

whythelongface
As much as I hate the Giants I do love the rivalry. Teams hating each other is good for the game. Nothing sweeter than beating these tossers

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
19-06-2020, 10:35 PM
As much as I hate the Giants I do love the rivalry. Teams hating each other is good for the game. Nothing sweeter than beating these tossers

Me too. I despise them... I love that we have a rivalry that is born of real emnity..

The Underdog
God I hate these orange plastic flogs

Honestly hope they cease to exist. The worst club, just the worst.

Jeanette54
Not sure everyone will enjoy Bevo's talk at three quarter time. He looks pretty steamed up about something.

bornadog
They are such thugs, but proud of the boys to stand up to this.

Must win now

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
19-06-2020, 10:36 PM
Clearly we have found that edge again. Frustrating that in season is all between the ears with this group.

Yep. This has to be the level we bring every week. Non-negotiable.

jeemak

Agreed, this is the rivalry we've craved.

AndrewP6
They want it. They just want it. One more quarter.

Eastdog
19-06-2020, 10:37 PM

Hate them as well. They are a fake club. We have well over 100 years of history they don’t have even a decade of history yet.

EasternWest
19-06-2020, 10:38 PM
Not sure everyone will enjoy Bevo's talk at three quarter time. He looks pretty steamed up about something.

I imagine Suckling will be skulking around the back of the pack hoping not to catch his eye.

Grantysghost
19-06-2020, 10:39 PM
Naughton reminding me of someone!

https://i.postimg.cc/zfVhK34h/Screenshot-20200619-213729-Chrome.jpg (https://postimages.org/)

whythelongface
19-06-2020, 10:40 PM
Is Scott Wynd playing tonight?

jeemak
19-06-2020, 10:42 PM
I can't defend Dale after that.

He needs to go.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
What happened?? How did Dale not convert??

Grantysghost
What did I just see Bailey Dale do...?

comrade
What happened?

Vred
God *!*!*!*!ing damn it Dale

EasternWest
I can't defend Dale after that.

He needs to go.

Nevermind saw it.

G-Mo77
What did Dale do then?

The Bulldogs Bite
Piss off Dale. Pathetic

Happy Days
Dale is gone forever.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
19-06-2020, 10:43 PM
Suckers, JJ, and Dale they need to miss next week, irrespective of result.
That is deflating from Dale.

1eyedog
Dale off!

comrade
Honestly Bailey Dale has almost killed his own career tonight.

Grantysghost
I cant believe my eyes to be honest.

Happy Days
We’re gonna lose

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
19-06-2020, 10:44 PM
JJ. Not bringing the right focus.

Eastdog
19-06-2020, 10:44 PM
Mistakes like that can cost you.

G-Mo77
19-06-2020, 10:45 PM
Why won't Suckling kick the *!*!*!*!ing ball!!!

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
19-06-2020, 10:47 PM
Goal Bont!

Happy Days
Think that ball hit Haynes in the larynx. Hope he’s okay.

Eastdog
The Bont! The Bont!

Vred
19-06-2020, 10:48 PM
Bont goal

AndrewP6
19-06-2020, 10:49 PM
Shocking umpiring as usual.

Eastdog
19-06-2020, 10:50 PM
Shocking umpiring as usual.

Yep no surprises with the umpiring.

Happy Days
19-06-2020, 10:55 PM
Bruce doesn’t always feel like trying does he

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
19-06-2020, 10:59 PM
An ugly, but still important win.

Eastdog
19-06-2020, 10:59 PM
Good win! Go Dogs!

angelopetraglia
19-06-2020, 11:02 PM
I love footy. I love this club. I love Libba.

whythelongface
An ugly, but still important win.
Yep not pretty but a win is a win. Happy with the way we went about it.

comrade
Libba is a genuine Bulldogs legend.

whythelongface
19-06-2020, 11:03 PM
At least we can enjoy the weekend. Yippee. 👍

EasternWest
19-06-2020, 11:03 PM
All our ins acquitted themselves well tonight. Made us instantly better.

angelopetraglia
19-06-2020, 11:06 PM
We stood up to their pressure and thuggery. That goes a long way to putting that final loss to bed. If we caved again tonight to their pressure we would have been a laughing stock.

Happy Days
19-06-2020, 11:06 PM
No CBAs for Libba tonight. Shout out to whatever genius on here suggested a forward leaning role.

The Pie Man
19-06-2020, 11:07 PM
#motovated

merantau
19-06-2020, 11:07 PM
Good team performance. Great attack on the ball made them look ordinary. All the ins played well. Bailey Smith was terrific.

The Underdog
19-06-2020, 11:08 PM
Funny that none of our best players had more than 20 possessions, maybe Daniel.

Happy Days
19-06-2020, 11:09 PM
Funny that none of our best players had more than 20 possessions

The disrespect to Macrae.

comrade
Keath was so good tonight.

Remi Moses
Just needed the W

Remi Moses

Great match up for us with Cameron

Prince Imperial
19-06-2020, 11:10 PM
It's my birthday today and that was just the present I wanted.

G-Mo77
19-06-2020, 11:11 PM
Great match up for us with Cameron

Who was he on? Didn't see him all game.

The Underdog
19-06-2020, 11:11 PM
The disrespect to Macrae.

He was good, but I’d have him behind Smith, Keath, English and Libba. Plus none of them set up a GWS goal

The Underdog
19-06-2020, 11:13 PM

Happy Birthday. You can have a song sung to you and then sing another one.

Happy Days
19-06-2020, 11:13 PM
He was good, but I’d have him behind Smith, Keath, English and Libba. Plus none of them set up a GWS goal

True. I thought you meant best players generally (although I had Jack as BOG)

Happy Days
19-06-2020, 11:14 PM

I’m slowly learning that Keath is kind of a psycho. We’re in sore need of them.

G-Mo77
19-06-2020, 11:17 PM
The work in close was excellent tonight. So many balls to be won in this scrappy game and we often seemed to get first hands and hit a target outside of the pack.

whythelongface
Was that English’s best game? Liked the ruck rotations around the ground. Love the way English dropped back and was able to either mark or compete and bring the ball to ground.

Eastdog

Happy birthday Prince Imperial. What a great birthday present.

comrade

Definitely has some aggro about him, and isn’t afraid to let his teammates know what he wants.

bornadog
19-06-2020, 11:19 PM
Great Win tonight, boys stood up.

Some observations

* Not sure what was wrong with Sucklings kicking tonight, completely off.

* Three turnovers resulted in easy goals to them, they only kicked 4 for the match

* Bruce will get better - needs to but is a real presence in the Fwd line

* Naughton not confident in the air like last year, but will improve.

* Libba, just brilliant - those that wrote him off look again.

* Lloyd - is he cooked?

* Dale - mmmmm

Overall so happy

The Underdog
19-06-2020, 11:21 PM
Ed Richards and Mitch Wallis, absolute cracking 9 and 8 possession games.

Vred
19-06-2020, 11:21 PM

Keath has some real mongrel about him and his starting to let it show.

good. We need it

jeemak
19-06-2020, 11:26 PM
With the hand wringing about the coach, the club, everything, this game is so much between the ears of our group it's not funny. Tonight demonstrated the standard that needs to be how we arrive every night from an intensity point of view. If the intensity is there we are competitive.

Some of the kicking was pretty atrocious, but that happens to sides like ours with the way we play. Some of the goal kicking however is inexcusable and we simply have to be better at that.

I'm Not Bitter Anymore!
19-06-2020, 11:27 PM
What a relief

SonofScray
19-06-2020, 11:30 PM
A pleasant surprise. Wholly based on selection and the leadership, physically, from Libba.

Eastdog
19-06-2020, 11:30 PM
What a relief

Will be a good weekend now.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
19-06-2020, 11:32 PM

It makes a MASSIVE difference when we win on Friday night doesn't it Eastie? My kids went to bed on tenterhooks.. they'll be more happy than me tomorrow when they find out we've won. "Yay Happy Dad!"

Hotdog60
19-06-2020, 11:33 PM
Apart from the obvious players I thought Williams was good and I'd give another game to Vanders.

Dale needs to go and replaced by either West(If fit) or give Weightman a taste.
Or on second thoughts also dump Lloyd and give both the young guys a go.
We need some smarts at the feet of the big guys and those two couldn't be any worse.

I'm Not Bitter Anymore!
19-06-2020, 11:37 PM
Safe to read the papers

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
19-06-2020, 11:40 PM
I do wish it was as vocal here in a win as it is when we lose.

jeemak
19-06-2020, 11:43 PM
I'm really happy we had English playing ruck tonight and not Sweet. English was excellent.

azabob
19-06-2020, 11:44 PM
Keath was so good tonight. Managed to hold Cameron to a couple of shots, provided physical support very early on, intercepting marks and can kick a goal!
Looks like a really good addition.

Danjul
19-06-2020, 11:44 PM
With the hand wringing about the coach, the club, everything, this game is so much between the ears of our group it's not funny. Tonight demonstrated the standard that needs to be how we arrive every night from an intensity point of view. If the intensity is there we are competitive.

Some of the kicking was pretty atrocious, but that happens to sides like ours with the way we play. Some of the goal kicking however is inexcusable and we simply have to be better at that.

A very kind description.. I can’t believe how bad the kicking is. short Field passes by foot bounce in front of the target far too often.
Long passes float. Kicks into the forward line are usually to a pack. Kicks at goal are usually at 15 degrees to the centre of the posts.

A skilful team displaying that dominance in perfect conditions should have comfortably gone past 100 points. Training must prioritise kicking. Then they will be awesome.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
19-06-2020, 11:46 PM
I'm really happy we had English playing ruck tonight and not Sweet. English was excellent.

Timmy's not from Mars, he would've been very aware of how his performances have been dissected. But for wayward goalkicking he'd have been featured in the votes, and talked up media wise for a big game.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
19-06-2020, 11:46 PM
A very kind description.. I can’t believe how bad the kicking is. short Field passes by foot bounce in front of the target far too often.
Long passes float. Kicks into the forward line are usually to a pack. Kicks at goal are usually at 15 degrees to the centre of the posts.

A skilful team displaying that dominance in perfect conditions should have comfortably gone past 100 points. Training must prioritise kicking. Then they will be awesome.

But you're happy we won, yeah? It's hard to tell.

Happy Days
19-06-2020, 11:48 PM
I do wish it was as vocal here in a win as it is when we lose.

I like it here when we win but I need it when we lose.

EasternWest
19-06-2020, 11:49 PM
Keath was so good tonight. Managed to hold Cameron to a couple of shots, provided physical support very early on, intercepting marks and can kick a goal!
Looks like a really good addition.

And he doesn't take much crap either.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
That was a much better presser from Bevo.

jazzadogs
I really needed footy to give me a smile. This was just the ticket.

From the start it was obvious that Bont continues to live rent-free in their orange plastic heads. I'd love to know which one of the morons within their club leadership thought getting Haynes to toss the coin was going to have a psychological effect...I saw it compared to the power stance on Twitter, and I couldn't agree more. It just showed where their head was at - and it wasn't on football.

I loved Libba coming in and making them all go crazy. He just makes them lose their minds. His composure to not join the melee, and take his time to kick the goal, was surprising but welcome. He was enormous.

I loved the aerial presence of Naughton, Keath and English. Hard at the ball and the body in the air. I didn't know Keath had that sort of 1v1 matchup in him, and English was Wynd-esque in defence. He also battled well in the ruck and was able to break even a lot of contests - still a work in progress. Bruce needs to do a bit more, but still hit contests hard and flew the flag during the scuffles. There's definitely an upgrade from Le Young and Schache to Bruce and Keath in the physicality stakes.

Caleb Daniel was so composed with ball in hand. It was hard to figure out where he was actually playing, but I do like him on the wing - roaming between defensive transitions and hitting up forwards.

I agree with Hotdog60 that Bailey Williams and Laitham continued from being two bright sparks last week. Add Ed Richards this week.

It's really hard to fault anyone, I'm flying at the moment - so pumped to get that win. I hate em.

EasternWest
I like it here when we win but I need it when we lose.

lol.

azabob
19-06-2020, 11:50 PM
And he doesn't take much crap either.

He doesn’t take any, which is something this side needs. Someone else like Smith, Libba, Wallis to stand up for ourselves.

Danjul
19-06-2020, 11:50 PM

English had 12 hitouts. Proved he should not be in the ruck. Around the ground he had a big impact. Most marks in the team. Put Sweet in the ruck and give English an end to dominate.

jeemak
19-06-2020, 11:51 PM

Some of the kicking was exceptional as well. We're a side that takes risks, high reward options that look really bad when they don't come off.

Are you happy we won tonight?

bornadog
19-06-2020, 11:54 PM
Some of the kicking was exceptional as well. We're a side that takes risks, high reward options that look really bad when they don't come off.

Are you happy we won tonight?

Disposal efficiency was pretty good

whythelongface
19-06-2020, 11:55 PM
English had 12 hitouts. Proved he should not be in the ruck. Around the ground he had a big impact. Most marks in the team. Put Sweet in the ruck and give English an end to dominate.

Oh come on. It is not always about the stats. We nullified Jacobs influence and allowed English to dominate around the ground. If English doesn’t he play ruck he doesn’t drop back in the defensive hole. He was massive and all you care about is hit outs. Did you take into account that we had, at times, Corey and Dunks in the ruck?

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
19-06-2020, 11:56 PM
But for some blatant, woeful kicks, we were overall very good. Especially compare to our opposition.