PDA

View Full Version : Rating our list 2020 Bailey Williams 34

Hotdog60
07-06-2020, 05:35 PM
I thought with the delay of the football it's time to assess our list so I hope I've started this in the right way.
We can evaluate each player on our list starting with the highest number Lin Jong down to Matthew Suckling.
The poll will run for a week and when your post in the poll if you can give a reason on your thoughts so we can share your insights.
At the end we'll see how our list looks in the eyes of WOOF members.

Hotdog60
07-06-2020, 05:38 PM
A few stats:
Height: 187cm
Weight: 85Kg
Games: 42

Taken with pick 48 overall in the 2015 NAB AFL Draft, Bailey Williams is a utility with elite agility who can win the ball in close, and makes excellent decisions. Ultra competitive, with a strong desire to tackle, Williams showed he can be a high production midfielder, highlighted by a 56 disposal game against Woodville-West Torrens in the SANFL as a junior. Williams debuted for the Bulldogs in Round 8 of the 2016 Toyota AFL Premiership Season, collecting 14 disposals in the Dogs' 32-point win over Melbourne at the MCG. After a breakout 2018 season where he played 14 AFL games, senior opportunities were limited for Bailey Williams in 2019. The South Australian was primarily used in defence, with a taste of the midfield, in his nine AFL matches. At VFL level, he averaged more than 22 disposals per game to be consistently among Footscray’s best performers. Williams signed a two-year contract extension at the end of 2019.
LINK (https://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/players/969/bailey-williams#playerbio)

bornadog
07-06-2020, 05:57 PM
Williams is a player that needs confidence, and once he finds it he plays well. He is a good average player, that is capable of winning his position. Once he gets his consistency up, he can cement his place in the team. He has a lot of competition for the HBF role, so needs to play well every week to keep his spot.

GVGjr
07-06-2020, 06:43 PM
I'm a fan of what Williams could potentially bring us. We messed him around by having him training with the midfielders and then slinging him into the back line and to top it off we didn't have a lot of patience with him

He's a good user of the ball and is possibly one of our more versatile players on the list
He will need to stay in good form with the likes of Duryea pushing for senior selection

The Bulldogs Bite
08-06-2020, 12:24 PM
Agree GVG. To be fair he looked like he could become a good midfielder given his end to 2018, but it's clear - for now - that he is best positioned in the back half with his ability to play tall/small, take intercept marks and rebound.

I'm a fan and I think he can actually be one of our better players.

Bumper Bulldogs
08-06-2020, 07:16 PM
I also like him. Reminds me of Lindsay Gilbee when he first started. Only difference is Lindsay stayed in one position.

FrediKanoute
08-06-2020, 11:56 PM
Genuinely excited by this kid. Will IMO be a ball moving machine in the league of Danger/Gazza

Mofra
09-06-2020, 09:22 AM
Absolute tease.
Plays his best football behind the ball, like 80% of our list. Can pinch hit in the middle and hasn't quite been able to be effective on the wing. He's just so close without putting it all together, apart from a few games as a rebounding defender.

Bulldog Joe
09-06-2020, 09:44 AM
i like the Gilbee comparison, but his kicking lacks Lindsay's precision.

He does have the attributes but needs to bring consistency.

GVGjr
09-06-2020, 09:49 AM
From a match committee perspective he seems to be what I call a 'credit free' player. Injuries and form mean it's hard from him to build up credits with the MC

He could play 3 or 4 good games in a row but be dropped a week later because he didn't play well in 1 game
We certainly didn't show a lot of patience with him last season

1eyedog
09-06-2020, 03:42 PM
What's not to like about him. Can play taller than he is, has wheels and can kick outside 50 goals and as a junior used to rack em up. Future Jet. Always had huge wraps on him hope he makes it. Play him on Hunter's wing!

bornadog
08-02-2021, 06:05 PM
This bloke is best 22.

https://youtu.be/2Smb6f0Wn28

AshMac
12-02-2021, 09:09 PM
This bloke is best 22.

https://youtu.be/2Smb6f0Wn28

He really seems mature and grounded. So much potential - hope he takes another step forward this year. Outstanding last year