PDA

View Full Version : Rating our list 2020 Aaron Naughton

Hotdog60
14-06-2020, 10:00 PM
This was a fill in while there was no football but we might as well finish assessing our list.
We can evaluate each player on our list starting with the highest number Lin Jong down to Matthew Suckling.
The poll will run for a week and when your post in the poll if you can give a reason on your thoughts so we can share your insights.
At the end we'll see how our list looks in the eyes of WOOF members.

Hotdog60
14-06-2020, 10:02 PM
A few stats:
Height: 195cm
Weight: 89Kg
Games: 43

An agile and athletic key defender from Western Australia, Aaron Naughton was drafted to the Kennel with the ninth pick overall in the 2017 NAB AFL Draft. Rated by scouts as the best intercept marker in his draft class, the Peel Thunder product was rarely beaten during the U18 National Championships and was awarded All-Australian honours for his efforts. Naughton debuted in Round 1, 2018 and went on to play 18-games in his first season of senior football. Holding down a key defensive post, Naughton's outstanding debut year was capped off with a fourth place finish in the best and fairest count, winning the Chris Grant Best First Year Player Award and earning a NAB AFL Rising Star nomination. In his second season at AFL level, Naughton was flipped forward and emerged as one of the game’s rising stars. He led the AFL for contested marks in the home-and-away season, playing every game and finishing second in the Bulldogs’ goal-kicking tally with 32 majors. A four-year contract extension in April, 2019 means Naughton is locked away until 2024.

Club Awards:
Chris Grant Best First Year Player Award - 2018
Locker Group Coaches Award - 2019
LINK (https://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/players/1621/aaron-naughton#playerbio)

GVGjr
14-06-2020, 10:13 PM
Thanks Hotdog,

We have a terrific player in Aaron Naughton and we were very fortunate that he was available for our pick

He's a player we can build a team around and his ability to take big grabs is exciting.

SonofScray
14-06-2020, 10:18 PM
He was one of a few things that held my interest while my anger started to spill over. He'll get back to his best and some soon enough, a terrific talent. I'd pay to see him play.