PDA

View Full Version : POLL: Our team for the Giants game will feature:

mjp
17-06-2020, 11:23 PM
I always enjoy Match Committee Bingo.

As much as I have loved having Bevo as coach, since way (way) back in 2015 I have been perplexed, befuddled and generally confused at match committee almost on a weekly basis. Selections from left field, right field - and in several cases, the grandstand! - make every team announcement an event.

Here's what I want to know: HOW many changes will be announced after two pretty disappointing games.

comrade
18-06-2020, 05:31 AM
3 changes with Cordy, Hayes & McLean coming in for Gardner, Gowers & Vandermeer.

Insert comment about deckchairs & the shuffling of...

G-Mo77
18-06-2020, 08:24 AM
There needs to 4 - 5 but I think it'll just be 3 changes if we're lucky. 2 would be classic Bevo.

If Gowers and Gardner stay in then they may as well run me out on the ground with them.

Grantysghost
18-06-2020, 09:46 AM
I think a sensible amount would be 2 or 3 changes. GWS are pretty mobile in their forward half with Cameron, Finlayson and Himmelberg; tallish players with decent running ability. So I'm not sure I'd bring in Trengove as a defender.
Probably Young/Cordy in for Gardner, and Trengove/Sweet in for Dale to take the lions share of the ruck, but then what do you do with Tim (who did well in the final sans Jacobs). Forward/Ruck/Bench rotation maybe. With an eye on the long term goal of some stability.
In the final we lost the contested ball by 42 which is a hiding, so that does move my thoughts to Libba but it would be a gamble.

Mofra
18-06-2020, 10:06 AM
4-5, noting the 5 day turnaround. A surprise injury, a couple of omissions, 1-2 rested.

I suspect Gowers retains his spot. Richards might be rested with a knee knock, Suckling rested because he's an older player with an ongoing achilles problem. Gardner out due to popular demand.
Expecting Cordy, Trengove and Libba in for a start.

EasternWest
18-06-2020, 10:17 AM
I always enjoy Match Committee Bingo.

As much as I have loved having Bevo as coach, since way (way) back in 2015 I have been perplexed, befuddled and generally confused at match committee almost on a weekly basis. Selections from left field, right field - and in several cases, the grandstand! - make every team announcement an event.

Here's what I want to know: HOW many changes will be announced after two pretty disappointing games.

No changes. All is fine.

The Bulldogs Bite
18-06-2020, 10:47 AM
I think we'll have 3-4 primarily based off the short break but I have no confidence we'll make the right changes.

Rocket Science
18-06-2020, 10:58 AM
Crozier training away from the main group sounds a helpful development.

I genuinely have zero idea. Two? Five? Seven?

Fascinated to see whether the match committee swallows their pride and makes some unforced changes.

bulldogsthru&thru
18-06-2020, 11:09 AM
Why don’t we just make a name for ourselves and set a record. 18 changes

Grantysghost
18-06-2020, 11:16 AM
Why don’t we just make a name for ourselves and set a record. 18 changes

Who are the four lucky (unlucky?) ones? :cool:

bornadog
18-06-2020, 11:18 AM
There is also a scratch match planned for tomorrow against North, so that should help out those that miss out this week.

bulldogsthru&thru
18-06-2020, 05:06 PM
Who are the four lucky (unlucky?) ones? :cool:

Who doesn’t enjoy a good old fashioned draw out of a hat :cool:

Jeanette54
18-06-2020, 05:11 PM
Hopefully they will bring in Trengove and Cordy. The backline could really do with some mongrel, and it will at least keep some of us happy.