PDA

View Full Version : The Moment: Rnd 3, 2020 vs GWS Giants

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
19-06-2020, 06:28 PM
The moment, the best, most courageous moment that caught your eye in today's game against GWS. Was it the moment that told you 'we've got this' or 'we lost this one right here'? Or was it the moment that you went 'wow....that is crazy courage.'

GVGjr
19-06-2020, 10:33 PM
Bump

EasternWest
19-06-2020, 11:03 PM
I thought when Naughton tucked his shoulder and steamrolled Whitfield it sent a bit of a message. That was my moment.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
19-06-2020, 11:06 PM
Libba nailing the shot at 3Qtr time, amidst the carnage. That noone gave away a free kick in that was testament to the focus.

Eastdog
20-06-2020, 12:15 AM
Libba nailing the shot at 3Qtr time, amidst the carnage. That noone gave away a free kick in that was testament to the focus.

Yeah great moment. I'll take this one as well.

Happy Days
20-06-2020, 12:18 AM
When they sent Haynes out for the coin toss to mean mug Bont and he looked like he was holding back tears. Losers.

jazzadogs
20-06-2020, 12:28 AM
I loved loved loved Crozier's tackle. An audible 'oooofffff' came out of me on the couch.

bornadog
20-06-2020, 12:30 AM
I loved loved loved Crozier's tackle. An audible 'oooofffff' came out of me on the couch.

It was like a Rugby Union tackle.

Grantysghost
20-06-2020, 12:34 AM
Keath’s goal for me, it was a real spark ...the joy from his mates was fantastic.

Ozza
20-06-2020, 01:48 AM
Just before half time, GWS switch the ball and (I think) Sam Taylor panics under the high ball, drops it...Bailey Williams scrambles the ball to Dale who coolly chips it to Wallis. Wallis kicks truly and we go into alf time 20 points up and big mental edge.

SonofScray
20-06-2020, 01:58 AM
Haynes taking the toss. They are a very fragile club.

jeemak
20-06-2020, 03:16 AM
Just before half time, GWS switch the ball and (I think) Sam Taylor panics under the high ball, drops it...Bailey Williams scrambles the ball to Dale who coolly chips it to Wallis. Wallis kicks truly and we go into alf time 20 points up and big mental edge.

Mine as well, we set up the ground so well and that particular play reminded me of when Lewis Young turned it over against the plastics a few years ago. Someone not equipped to deal with the pressure at the time made a crucial mistake.

Dale's coolness is why he should continue to be in the team. I was filthy with left foot effort before I saw he took a chunk of ground before he kicked it, to me he stays he's too good to play twos footy.

Sedat
20-06-2020, 03:32 AM
McLean rundown tackle on Whitfield. Real team-lifter and statement of intent.

Bulldog Joe
20-06-2020, 10:23 AM
The effort by Jong to get back and prevent a certain goal in the 3rd.

If GWS had scored a couple of goals around then we were going to be under pressure by Jongy got back with pure effort to deny them.

1eyedog
20-06-2020, 10:25 AM
Cordy's toe poke. Anyone see it? It was Scarlett-esque. I thought things are going our way tonight.

AshMac
20-06-2020, 10:45 AM
Libba’s 3 qtr time goal was the moment I started feeling confident.

Bonts soccer off the ground was the best moment for me. An absolute champion telling the whole competition you can’t intimidate pure class

EasternWest
20-06-2020, 10:55 AM
Libba’s 3 qtr time goal was the moment I started feeling confident.

Bonts soccer off the ground was the best moment for me. An absolute champion telling the whole competition you can’t intimidate pure class

I didn't have him in my votes but I thought Bont led us well last night.

Bulldog Joe
20-06-2020, 11:56 AM
Cordy's toe poke. Anyone see it? It was Scarlett-esque. I thought things are going our way tonight.

Yes indeed.

We actually had a few moments where players did really smart things.

azabob
20-06-2020, 12:13 PM
I didn't have him in my votes but I thought Bont led us well last night.

I gave Bont a vote.

A real captains game. His first win as official captain.

He and the club were under a mountain of pressure and he knew exactly what he was going to be in for.

He led from the front put his body online from minute one.

He didn't take a backward step, played the ultimate team game and still influenced the game.

EasternWest
20-06-2020, 12:28 PM
I gave Bont a vote.

A real captains game. His first win as official captain.

He and the club were under a mountain of pressure and he knew exactly what he was going to be in for.

He led from the front put his body online from minute one.

He didn't take a backward step, played the ultimate team game and still influenced the game.

Agree with all of this. He's suffered a bit of malaise this year hopefully this is a turning point.

AshMac
20-06-2020, 01:59 PM
Agree with all of this. He's suffered a bit of malaise this year hopefully this is a turning point.

To stand up against a whole team and out in that performance was outstanding.

Agree, hope last night was the line in the sand for that behaviour and he doesn’t look back. Now JJ needs to do the same

Bumper Bulldogs
20-06-2020, 07:30 PM
For me it was Libba giving a block for Bont in the first quarter at a boundary throw in. This was a sign of both welcome back and I’ve got your back.

Dry Rot
20-06-2020, 10:26 PM
Given how the game went, from the silly toss of the coin with Haynes, I would say that The Moment was when the Giants boarded their plane for Melbourne.

With what they bought to the game, they should have stayed home and forfeited.

bornadog
24-06-2020, 04:29 PM
The moment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oE-SFCf3ajY

The Bulldogs Bite
24-06-2020, 05:02 PM
One of Libba's favourite pastimes is getting under Heath Shaw's skin.

comrade
24-06-2020, 05:12 PM
One of Libba's favourite pastimes is getting under Heath Shaw's skin.

If getting under Heath Shaw's skin was an Olympic sport, Libba would have multiple gold medals.