PDA

View Full Version : Three things you have learned-round 3 v the Plastic Turds 2020

Twodogs
19-06-2020, 08:00 PM
Tell us three things that you know how that you didn't know at 7.50pm tonight.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
19-06-2020, 11:10 PM
1. It feels like groundhog day. Effort, frenetic and intense. Skill execution embarrassing at times.
2. Libba, if he's fit, he's worth a 10% lift in everyone's energy.
3. I hate GWS. But it does feel amazing to have a genuine, non-confected rival, especially when we beat them.

Vred
19-06-2020, 11:13 PM
1. Libba stays in our side unless injured. What he brings to our team cannot be measured by a stats sheet.
2. Bailey Smith needs to be signed to a 7 year contract.
3. Bevo needs to learn from this, that picking a good team over “good trainers” can produce wins.

comrade
19-06-2020, 11:15 PM
1. We need to just keep rolling out Libba no matter what, Weekend at Bernie’s style if needed.
2. Suckling and Dale can not play next week.
3. McLean showed he belongs at this level with his pressure and creativity.

josie
19-06-2020, 11:15 PM
What Vred said is spot on

bornadog
19-06-2020, 11:23 PM
1. Faux tough doesn't win games

2. Turnovers at this level are very costly

3. 4 quarter effort wins games

1eyedog
19-06-2020, 11:53 PM
1. The balder Haydyn Crozier gets the better he plays.

2. Hamish has a massive man crush on Bont. Join the queue.

3. Love Richards' work off the ball. Was hoping he had a harder edge.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
19-06-2020, 11:54 PM
1. The balder Haydyn Crozier gets the better he plays.

2. Hamish has a massive man crush on Bont. Join the queue.

3. Love Richards' work off the ball. Was hoping he had a harder edge.

I have follicle challenges. I noticed Hayden's "struggle" for the first time tonight!

comrade
19-06-2020, 11:58 PM
1. Bailey Smith could win a Brownlow. Has that eye catching style in the mold of Cooney & Danger. Hopefully not as floggish.
2. Cordy has it in him to do a job. I liked how he chopped out in the ruck, and he was rock solid in defence.
3. He doesn’t have many tricks, but there’s not many better within 30m than Mitch Wallis.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
20-06-2020, 12:10 AM
1. Bailey Smith could win a Brownlow. Has that eye catching style in the mold of Cooney & Danger. Hopefully not as floggish.
2. Cordy has it in him to do a job. I liked how he chopped out in the ruck, and he was rock solid in defence.
3. He doesn’t have many tricks, but there’s not many better within 30m than Mitch Wallis.

There was a situation in the last where Cordy was on the wing. He had to contend with contact, took it, and then made it to an ensuing marking contest a few metres away and made the kill. Big win for Cord's.

comrade
20-06-2020, 12:12 AM
There was a situation in the last where Cordy was on the wing. He had to contend with contact, took it, and then made it to an ensuing marking contest a few metres away and made the kill. Big win for Cord's.

Yep, I know the one you’re talking about. He was good tonight.

jazzadogs
20-06-2020, 12:17 AM
1 Mclean has put on some muscle through his shoulders and arms. I thought he would perenially be a JGrant/Bob Murphy build, but he has noticeably filled out. He was good tonight.

2 Tim English can play very effectively as a loose man a kick behind the play. It will only work when the pressure is up on the ball carrier so they have to kick it to him, but his marking/contesting was great.

3 Alex Keath is a capable defender in 1v1 matchups against mobile forwards. I thought he would struggle against a Cameron style opponent, but he was fantastic. Loved his contested marking, long kicking and desire to fly the flag. He might not have been the *perfect* recruit for us, but he was very good tonight and will add plenty if he maintains that standard.

Grantysghost
20-06-2020, 12:20 AM
1. The Giants are still mentally scarred by the 2016 prelim, Heath Shaw exhibit a.
2. Libba still has a future and we’ve really missed that hard edge he brings.
3. Keath is far better than I thought and will be a massive asset.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
20-06-2020, 12:20 AM
Yep, I know the one you’re talking about. He was good tonight.

He's clearly got some deficiencies.. but he has some really good traits. He definitely has a fire... he hates....that's usable...he has no interest in being BOG.. he is very willing to do what is asked of him within his ability.
If circumstances permitted, I'd love to see him apply his curmudgeonly attitude in our forward 50. Especially given our wont to not provide nice passage to our designated marking forwards. It would be a nice luxury to have a hateful forward just longing to apply hurt and fear to a defender as a tactic.

jazzadogs
20-06-2020, 12:25 AM
He's clearly got some deficiencies.. but he has some really good traits. He definitely has a fire... he hates....that's usable...he has no interest in being BOG.. he is very willing to do what is asked of him within his ability.
If circumstances permitted, I'd love to see him apply his curmudgeonly attitude in our forward 50. Especially given our wont to not provide nice passage to our designated marking forwards. It would be a nice luxury to have a hateful forward just longing to apply hurt and fear to a defender as a tactic.

If you swapped Cordy and Naughton, I think we become a better side.

westbulldog
20-06-2020, 12:43 AM
1. Heath Shaw can kick a great goal, sorry it was Richards haha
2. McLean and Cordy deserved their spots tonight, not sure about Dale and Lloyd.
3. If Sweet or Trengove get picked to ruck, English can be very damaging around the ground.

SonofScray
20-06-2020, 12:50 AM
GWS really have got their heads up their own arses. It's hilarious the depths they'll plunge to enact their fantasies of being tough guys. It's got Sheedy all over it, they are losers.

Players that run with the ball, through traffic are gold. Baz is gold.

Libba is vitally important for Club morale. We walked a lot taller in his presence. I didn't appreciate that he has quite that effect on the whole group.

Dry Rot
20-06-2020, 01:17 AM
GWS really have got their heads up their own arses. It's hilarious the depths they'll plunge to enact their fantasies of being tough guys.

Over the journey I have seen hard men and hard teams, but I don't recall seeing another team quite like the faux tough guys/dirty/jumper ripping pond scum of the Giants.

I had some respect for their captain until tonight, but he's just another piece of pond scum too.

Ozza
20-06-2020, 01:37 AM
Not sure these are things I "learned"....but;

1. Alex Keath knows what he is doing out there. Positioning himself to be the leader of the back 6.
2. Bailey Williams....really glad he backed himself to become a permanent senior player with us. Think he is on the path to becoming a really good half back/back pocket.
3. We are a far better chance of winning when we pick a better 22. :cool:

The bulldog tragician
20-06-2020, 02:34 AM
1. I had doubts that the spirit and sense of brotherhood within the group was fading. It evidently has not.

2. Bailey Smith is the most exciting teenager I’ve seen since Bont.

3. The tactic to get Haynes to do the coin toss was emblematic of the confected outrage they’ve kept stewing on, and shows an immature and entitled club. Good one Leon.

jeemak
20-06-2020, 03:03 AM
Over the journey I have seen hard men and hard teams, but I don't recall seeing another team quite like the faux tough guys/dirty/jumper ripping pond scum of the Giants.

I had some respect for their captain until tonight, but he's just another piece of pond scum too.

1. Leon Cameron had a chance to stop GWS from being seen as entitled wankers and he's actually made them worse. It's probable he won't be remembered as a Dog

2. Liberatore brings fundamental skill to everything he does, as does Mitch Wallis. What an excellent gimme these guys were, when it's in their hands I feel OK.

3. Toby Mac's upper body is catching up with his legs. Watch out, he's about to explode.

comrade
20-06-2020, 06:21 AM
If you swapped Cordy and Naughton, I think we become a better side.

Be still my beating heart.

azabob
20-06-2020, 08:20 AM
1. Alex Keath is well worth the investment. He is an on-field leader, capable playing 1 on 1 and still be an intercept defender, he is physical and supports his team-mates even though he's only been at the club two minutes.

2. Zaine Cordy is a capable number 2 defender

3. Mitch Wallis is best 22. He is slow, he can only kick 40 meters but he impacts games early and has a defensive mindset and puts pressure on inside our F50 - something our forward line does not do. We need to remember this when we get further into the season

EasternWest
20-06-2020, 08:21 AM
3. Mitch Wallis is best 22. He is slow, he can only kick 40 meters but he impacts games early and has a defensive mindset and puts pressure on inside our F50 - something our forward line does not do. We need to remember this when we get further into the season

Tick.

GVGjr
20-06-2020, 08:51 AM
1 - We can answer a the challenge of a physical contest, that myth has been busted
2 - Liberatore has still got it. His ability to niggle up and distract the opposition players is just what we need. Stay healthy Libba
3 - Any doubts on what Toby McLean can bring this side were squashed.

AshMac
20-06-2020, 10:48 AM
1. Nearly impossible keeping the lid on with 2 kids in the house asleep under 6
2. Libba Libba Libba Libba Libba Libba Libba
3. A real confidence boost all around - the form of several key players and stepping up to a physical contest

DOG GOD
20-06-2020, 10:51 AM
1. Libba lifts all those around him. Should play every week.
2. Pick players that should be picked and see what can happen
3. Bailey Smith is a star in the making.

ratsmac
20-06-2020, 07:06 PM
1. A week is a long time in footy. Well done to the club for turning around an insipid start to the season.

2. English needs to do a fair bit of work on his ruck craft of course. As for the rest of his game he has the tools to be a terrific footballer for years to come. He ran Jacob's ragged. I didn't so much learn this but I was starting doubt it. Well done geezer.

3. Alex Keath has a weapon for outside 50. Good to know. He's a great defender when the ball isn't coming in with little to no pressure as well. Happy to have him on board.

And one more

4. Caleb Daniel's hands in close could be the quickest and cleanest I've seen. That's a big statement but last night he was sublime.

EasternWest
20-06-2020, 07:30 PM
4. Caleb Daniel's hands in close could be the quickest and cleanest I've seen. That's a big statement but last night he was sublime.

He'd have to be in the footy IQ equivalent of Mensa. How was that kick along the ground coming out of the 50? Just genius.

Bulldog Joe
20-06-2020, 07:31 PM
1. Alex Keath is a great addition
2. Vandemeer has some attributes worth developing.
3. Tim English is a valuable asset when allowed to play to his strengths.

Twodogs
20-06-2020, 08:29 PM
1. Our boys walk taller when Tom Liberatore is in the team. I knew that but didn't realise how much taller.
2. GWS may miss the 8 this year. Too many pretty boys. Not enough grunt.
3. McLean has made good use of the off season.

Bumper Bulldogs
20-06-2020, 10:09 PM
1, Libba is the heart and soul of our club
2, we just need Libba, Wallis, McClean playing every week
3, We are back with the 2016 belief.
4, Bont will not win a Brownlow as Smith will Take too many votes away from him.

Mitcha
21-06-2020, 01:45 PM
1. Getting team selection right is the first step to better performance. Just pick the best 22 for the situation and don't try to be cute.
2. Tommy Lib, heart and soul, spiritual leader and most of all a good team mate.
3. Doesn't big mouth Jeremy Cameron go missing whenever any heat is applied.

Remi Moses
21-06-2020, 01:53 PM
1. Libba’s the heartbeat of our club
2. My god they couldn’t all the squares with fans . Cameron’s photo had a better game
3. Giants going with the UFC tactics again and the decision for Haynes to toss the coin was petty and childish and served zero purpose

Jeanette54
21-06-2020, 02:11 PM
1. Our physical conditioning is better than I thought, in spite of the Corona virus disrupting training. To indulge in the rough stuff, and still be able to keep running is a pretty fair indicator.

2. Libba Jnr is, just like his Dad, the barometer of our sides performance. If he plays well, we play well.

3. Astro Naught has a bit of mongrel in him, good to see. He will need this, as defenders have learnt to disrupt his run and leap marking style.