PDA

View Full Version : Lin Jong He's a Doggie's Warrior

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
20-06-2020, 12:04 AM
This guy could've left for Collingwood. That must've been a draw to be enticed by such a big club.
He stayed. He has bided his time, he's taken his licks, and boy has he taken some licks.

Lin is not possessed with silky skills.

Lin is clearly in possession of a great spirit, toughness, fearlessness, and lovely hands.

Thanks Lin, really proud of the way you've continued to fight to be an AFL player. So proud you're a Bulldog. We're never left wondering with your energy, effort, bravery, and also your loyalty.

josie
20-06-2020, 12:17 AM
Yep-there is a place for him in the side. I love his tenacity too. Got a big heart - Go Jongy.

1eyedog
20-06-2020, 12:18 AM
Lots of love there you on the reds?

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
20-06-2020, 12:20 AM
Lots of love there you on the reds?

maaaaybeeee...........

1eyedog
20-06-2020, 12:22 AM
I'm happy for him too. Always works hard and gives 100%.

The Bulldogs Bite
20-06-2020, 12:24 AM
Had a pretty good first two weeks - had some nice moments tonight

Eastdog
20-06-2020, 12:25 AM
A player who lives up to our club ideals. Been good the past 2 games.

whythelongface
20-06-2020, 12:25 AM
Good thread YHF. Hope he has a sustained run of injury free football.

Really liking his intensity and the little one per centers. That effort where he found himself in the defensive goal square and spoiled what appeared to be a certain GWS goal was great. Little things like that are coach pleasers.

bornadog
20-06-2020, 12:27 AM
He has really fought hard to get back in. Hopefully his body holds out. We need his hardness at the ball.

SonofScray
20-06-2020, 12:31 AM
He is an important player. We need a foot soldier in the mix and I think he is the man to embody that real Club identity as a player, for a while. A bit like how Libba coming in makes things click, Jong just seems to add value greater than his actual ability.

azabob
20-06-2020, 08:48 AM
Had a pretty good first two weeks - had some nice moments tonight

He was involved in a couple of passages tonight on the wing where his quick hands kept the ball moving.

Also a very strong mark. If he can play multiple games in a row he will continue to improve.

Hotdog60
20-06-2020, 10:11 AM
He also saved a sure goal on the last line with a gut running intercept

The Doctor
20-06-2020, 10:23 AM
Since 2017 when Jongy has been in the team we win 58% of our games. The club overall since 2017 has won 46% of it's games.

We need more Jongy.

DOG GOD
20-06-2020, 10:57 AM
One of my fave players at the Dogs. Tough, hard, never give up attitude. Hopefully his body holds up.

ratsmac
20-06-2020, 11:13 AM
Yeah love Jongy. I so glad to see him get back in the team too. Tough as nails, just hope his body hold up.

Remi Moses
20-06-2020, 11:15 AM
I thought he was great tonight
Yes , his decision making and execution can fail him on occasions
His attributes outway that though . Marking , effort , and hands are great .

anfo27
20-06-2020, 12:21 PM
Agree with Remi. His decision making & skills are a weakness for him but what he brings to the team outweigh that. He has good leg speed, good size & the kid is fearless & genuinely tough.

He does frustrate at times with his skill errors but i think we need more toughness in the side & Jongy has a place.

ledge
20-06-2020, 06:27 PM
Agree with Remi. His decision making & skills are a weakness for him but what he brings to the team outweigh that. He has good leg speed, good size & the kid is fearless & genuinely tough.

He does frustrate at times with his skill errors but i think we need more toughness in the side & Jongy has a place.

He can take a great mark , he has good grip and takes them at the highest point.
I like him, the opposition definitely know he is around with the hard ball.

merantau
20-06-2020, 06:47 PM
Very courageous player. He gives his all too. Versatile player. In for a good year

Happy Days
26-08-2020, 11:08 AM
So I saw on Lin's IG story that he got followed by an account with a user name incorporating Lin's name into a racist slur. I'm not gonna repeat it but you can see it on his page. Really disappointing.

comrade
26-08-2020, 11:10 AM
So I saw on Lin's IG story that he got followed by an account with a user name incorporating Lin's name into a racist slur. I'm not gonna repeat it but you can see it on his page. Really disappointing.

There are some d***heads out there, that's for sure.

Bulldog4life
26-08-2020, 11:16 AM
There are some d***heads out there, that's for sure.

Too many.

Vred
26-08-2020, 11:27 AM
When Lin is ready to come back, who’s spot does he take on our current side?

The Underdog
26-08-2020, 11:36 AM

Honestly, *!*!*!*! those weak as piss pieces of shit. There’s way too much of this going on.

bulldogsthru&thru
26-08-2020, 11:37 AM
When Lin is ready to come back, who’s spot does he take on our current side?

I love Lin but unfortunately I can't see where he fits into our best 22 now. He's probably battling Lipinski or McLean for a spot. Right now I prefer the clean skills of Lipinski and McLean for his ability to pop up for a goal. I love how Lin is a player who you can never question his efforts but he just isn't damaging enough and we're desperate for players who can hurt the opposition.

bornadog
26-08-2020, 11:44 AM

What the hell is wrong with people

Bulldog Revolution
26-08-2020, 11:52 AM
I love Lin but unfortunately I can't see where he fits into our best 22 now. He's probably battling Lipinski or McLean for a spot. Right now I prefer the clean skills of Lipinski and McLean for his ability to pop up for a goal. I love how Lin is a player who you can never question his efforts but he just isn't damaging enough and we're desperate for players who can hurt the opposition.

I thought Lin had made a terrific start to the year and his hardness, marking were assets - I see him back in the 22 - its just a question of if he can get fit and healthy and get a clear run at it

comrade
26-08-2020, 11:53 AM
I thought Lin had made a terrific start to the year and his hardness, marking were assets - I see him back in the 22 - its just a question of if he can get fit and healthy and get a clear run at it

I'd have Jong in over both Lipinski and Richards.

Vred
26-08-2020, 11:58 AM
I'd have Jong in over both Lipinski and Richards.

Yeah I’d put Jong over Richards any day.

bulldogsthru&thru
26-08-2020, 12:03 PM
Yeah I’d put Jong over Richards any day.

I can see the merit in that. I just see Richards' pace as more valuable to the side than Lins hardness. In saying that we do need some tough headed players as well. All in all Lins return will add healthy competition to our 22.

Cyberdoggie
26-08-2020, 12:22 PM
I can see the merit in that. I just see Richards' pace as more valuable to the side than Lins hardness. In saying that we do need some tough headed players as well. All in all Lins return will add healthy competition to our 22.

I like Richards a lot but averaging 11.2 disposals a game (5.8 kicks, 5.4 handballs) isn't good enough for a player of his ability.

I'm not saying he specifically should make way for Jong but to get the balance right in our side for tough finals style footy, we desperately need Jong in the side for one of McLean, Richards, Lipinski and co. We have a half dozen players that are lightly built and not overly physical, and while they provide good outside class, i think we need more of the tough inside players that will get these guys into the game.
Jong is unique in that when fit he has no fear and throws himself (sometimes stupidly) into contests, and is an aerial threat due to his athleticism.
In finals type games where every possession is hot and outside players barely get into the game, you need players like Jong.

Let's see how we go against Geelong, if it is a hard finals like game and things don't go our way, too much is asked of our inside players.
Jong is more of a handballer due to his average kicking but he adds

1eyedog
26-08-2020, 01:25 PM
Jongy always makes us look better, not sure what it is. Desperation? Pressure?

Rocket Science
26-08-2020, 02:02 PM
Jongy always makes us look better, not sure what it is. Desperation? Pressure?

I've liked our midfield mix when he's been part of it this year.

Jongy only knows one way and the frenetic heat he brings allows our silkier movers to capitalise while he's beelining it for contest after contest. I think we've missed this element in games where our mids have been guilty of only running one way.

I'd have Lipinski in my sights once Jongy comes back into play.

Mantis
26-08-2020, 02:32 PM

For his size Lin is just about our best overhead mark too... it's a real strength of his and I have great confidence in him playing the high HF role as well as a run in the middle.

On current form he's ahead of Ed, Toby & Pat.

bornadog
26-08-2020, 03:17 PM

The club has called this out as well.

https://twitter.com/westernbulldogs/status/1298455665371779072

Grantysghost
26-08-2020, 04:16 PM
The club has called this out as well.

https://twitter.com/westernbulldogs/status/1298455665371779072

Gee that's very average whoever did that. Hopefully they didn't cover their tracks using a VPN or the like and the ISP can track them from their IP address through Instagram's logs.

1eyedog
26-08-2020, 05:26 PM
For his size Lin is just about our best overhead mark too... it's a real strength of his and I have great confidence in him playing the high HF role as well as a run in the middle.

On current form he's ahead of Ed, Toby & Pat.

If he wasn't such an awful kick at goal I'd almost be inclined to try him in a Gary Rohan-type role.