06-07-2020, 10:26 PM
Bump

bornadog
06-07-2020, 11:50 PM
Hard to tip this week as all teams are playing away

Bulldog Joe
07-07-2020, 12:04 AM
Hard to tip this week as all teams are playing away

Well it does show there is a first time for just about anything.

On a brighter note we will play in front of our biggest crowd for the year.

GVGjr
09-07-2020, 10:22 PM
Geelong are showing they are still one of the teams to beat in 2020

bornadog
09-07-2020, 10:24 PM

I think their experience is a little too good at the moment for the young Lions. Brisbane need to work harder

PS: Having said they are young, they have an average of 106 games (Geelong 135), nicely spread out in games.

The Underdog
09-07-2020, 10:25 PM

Have absolutely destroyed the Lions this quarter. Smashing them in the contest and setting up behind the ball well.

The Bulldogs Bite
09-07-2020, 10:27 PM
Lions are still soft as shit. Look great when allowed to run but apply physical pressure and they're putrid

Sedat
09-07-2020, 10:35 PM
Very powerful. Cameron is a bit of a front runner and struggles badly against well organised defenses. Also Hipwood and McStay aren't going to get it done as your key forward targets in finals.

I hate the Cats but they are an exceptionally good defensive team.

comrade
09-07-2020, 10:37 PM
I hate the Cats but they are an exceptionally good defensive team.

They're old, arrogant & they dive like Olympians but they sure can defend.

Absolutely hate everything about them.

The Underdog
09-07-2020, 10:44 PM

Absolutely hate everything about them.

Selwood is on the downside. Can win the ball and distribute ok in tight, but he’s looking for frees on any contact to an even more ridiculous degree.

Sedat
09-07-2020, 10:52 PM
Selwood is on the downside. Can win the ball and distribute ok in tight, but he’s looking for frees on any contact to an even more ridiculous degree.
He's been doing that since 2007

bornadog
09-07-2020, 10:54 PM

I hate the way when he is on the bottom of a pack and looking for the umpire pleading for a free.

bornadog
09-07-2020, 10:57 PM
If Hawkins doesn't get a week for the exact thing Crozier did, the Bulldogs should just play Crozier anyway and stuff the AFL

Sedat
09-07-2020, 11:00 PM
If you just bomb it long to the hot spot like Brisbane have done all night, Geelong will pick that off every day of the week and twice on Sundays. You need to spot up short targets inside 50 and spread their defenders so they can't zone off.

The Underdog
09-07-2020, 11:08 PM

Yeah, I know, but he’s hit a point where he’s lost some pace and power and accentuates it even more than he used to.

jeemak
09-07-2020, 11:19 PM
Jobe Watson talking up Chris Scott's win/ loss percentage of ~70% and how amazing it is given the equalised nature of the competition.

It's true in a sense, though how much of it is distorted by their significant home ground advantage, and do we think they've ever been a real challenger in many of the years in which they've made a preliminary final?

Weekly comment - Bruce is a disgusting and perverted sycophant. The fawning over some players is enough to make you want to vomit.

Remi Moses
09-07-2020, 11:50 PM
Brisbane showed up physically by geelong
That forward line doesn’t have a bull to kick to .
Lead up hit up skinny targets and a geelong mid dominance means they just push back

Remi Moses
09-07-2020, 11:51 PM
If Hawkins doesn't get a week for the exact thing Crozier did, the Bulldogs should just play Crozier anyway and stuff the AFL

Wouldn’t think so Borna
The afl would envoke the top bloke rule

Remi Moses
09-07-2020, 11:54 PM
Jobe Watson talking up Chris Scott's win/ loss percentage of ~70% and how amazing it is given the equalised nature of the competition.

It's true in a sense, though how much of it is distorted by their significant home ground advantage, and do we think they've ever been a real challenger in many of the years in which they've made a preliminary final?

Weekly comment - Bruce is a disgusting and perverted sycophant. The fawning over some players is enough to make you want to vomit.

Geelong have fallen apart in the second half of every year . He’s got an old side so I’m not sure the potential 4 day breaks are great for them .Time will tell I guess

comrade
10-07-2020, 05:18 AM
I really enjoyed the half time segment where we once again heard how much Dangerfield is driven by winning a premiership. Such a novel concept for an AFL footballer.

I hope every player in the league not at Geelong takes it as his duty and life’s work to deny that ****er a flag.

Bulldog Joe
10-07-2020, 07:27 AM
Interested to see the emergence of Darcy Fort.

He is the exact example of why big blokes take time. While he is never going to be a top ruckman he competes.

Remember him at Footscray, where he never looked like ever getting to where he is now. Well done to him for perservering on his journey.

comrade
10-07-2020, 09:03 AM

He is the exact example of why big blokes take time. While he is never going to be a top ruckman he competes.

Remember him at Footscray, where he never looked like ever getting to where he is now. Well done to him for perservering on his journey.

Yeah, he made a baby giraffe look graceful in the Footscray games I saw him play. Good on him.

Grantysghost
10-07-2020, 09:26 AM
What is Dalhaus’ role at the Cats? I rarely see him anywhere in space. He seems to be on a really tight leash limited mainly to: pressure, tackle, hot potato handball. Without anything to back this up statistically he seemed to have more freedom with us although we lamented his kicking. Guess it’s good coaching, playing to his strengths.

comrade
10-07-2020, 09:41 AM
What is Dalhaus’ role at the Cats? I rarely see him anywhere in space. He seems to be on a really tight leash limited mainly to: pressure, tackle, hot potato handball. Without anything to back this up statistically he seemed to have more freedom with us although we lamented his kicking. Guess it’s good coaching, playing to his strengths.

Yeah, I think they're using him in a way that accentuates his strength. The last person you want with the ball streaming into space is Dahl. Leave that to Gaz, Danger and Duncan.

GVGjr
10-07-2020, 11:04 AM

He was pretty poor from what I saw last night

The Bulldogs Bite
10-07-2020, 09:20 PM
Hawks looking like I rated them preseason - ordinary.

Patton seems very distressed, sobbed then seemed angry telling staff to F off. Strange. Can't say I weep for the guy, seems a flog.

josie
10-07-2020, 09:23 PM
Bosenavuagli (hope I have got that right) for Collingwood looks good - especially for a debut. Like the cut if his jib. Been very lively inc some goal assists and seems to have footy smarts.

bulldogsthru&thru

Patton seems very distressed, sobbed then seemed angry telling staff to F off. Strange. Can't say I weep for the guy, seems a flog.

Yeah can’t say I like him. Seems the bully type. Got stuck into Tommy Boyd for no reason when we played them. Perhaps it was for jumping ship but then he’s not one to talk

Bulldog Joe

i feel bad that i have actually been hoping for an injury to end his career. Never said it out loud because it is not right to feel like that.

Actually believe Hawthorn had to lose one of the long term injury players they keep taking on, eventually.

Patton's injury is only hamstring. It appeared to be worse by his reaction.

josie
10-07-2020, 09:24 PM
Bosenavuagli (hope I have got that right) for Collingwood looks good - especially for a debut. Like the cut if his jib. Been very lively inc some goal assists and seems to have footy smarts.

Jumper 31

josie
10-07-2020, 09:36 PM
Jumper 31

Sorry jumper 40

Hotdog60
10-07-2020, 09:43 PM
Well I just turned it off. The football wasn't interesting enough for me to put up with the commentary.

comrade
10-07-2020, 09:53 PM
Watching the Hawks low energy short kicking rubbish is enough to drain the fun out of your Friday night.

Take the game on you boring flogs.

bornadog
10-07-2020, 10:00 PM
Watching the Hawks low energy short kicking rubbish is enough to drain the fun out of your Friday night.

Hope Pies really turn on the screws and snuff them out

Dry Rot
10-07-2020, 10:07 PM
i feel bad that i have actually been hoping for an injury to end his career. Never said it out loud because it is not right to feel like that.

Actually believe Hawthorn had to lose one of the long term injury players they keep taking on, eventually.

Patton's injury is only hamstring. It appeared to be worse by his reaction.

Patton has all the manoeuvrability of a German Tiger tank, without the killing power. Dud.

jeemak
10-07-2020, 10:27 PM
Narrative for this Friday night's wrap up.

"Man plays in defence, instead of forward! Cats now chasing dogs."

The Bulldogs Bite
10-07-2020, 10:34 PM
Footy isn't in a great state right now.

I can't remember watching one really good game this year. It's so dour with so few highlights.

The 90s and early 00s feel like a lifetime ago.

jeemak
10-07-2020, 10:43 PM
Hawks aren't running hard enough, Collingwood are running their arses off.

As an aside, how is that holding the ball to Maine when O'Brien was ridden into the ground?

Rocket Science
10-07-2020, 10:44 PM
Is there a reason we can't try to turn Lewis Young into Darcy Moore?

I mean apart from the fact Gardner's presently ahead of him on the depth chart.

jeemak
10-07-2020, 10:46 PM
Footy isn't in a great state right now.

I can't remember watching one really good game this year. It's so dour with so few highlights.

The 90s and early 00s feel like a lifetime ago.

As per my post above, teams running their arses off and defending the ground well seem to be doing a lot better than the teams that aren't.

What we've seen with the games we've won versus the games we haven't have shown this up.

jeemak
10-07-2020, 10:46 PM

Moore's a bit of a freak. Not sure Lewis is.

jeemak
10-07-2020, 10:55 PM
Kelly apparently has a wrist injury, according to the commentary team. Should take his mind off his clearly dislocated elbow.

EasternWest
10-07-2020, 10:56 PM
Brown apparently has a wrist injury, according to the commentary team. Should take his mind off his clearly dislocated elbow.

That was Kelly, wasn't it? Either way, youch that looked bad.

jeemak
10-07-2020, 11:02 PM

One Collingwood bogan's son mixed up with another's.

Already changed.

Happy Days
10-07-2020, 11:04 PM
Narrative for this Friday night's wrap up.

"Man plays in defence, instead of forward! Cats now chasing dogs."

In Soviet Russia, ball kicks you!

Sedat
10-07-2020, 11:31 PM

They are an incredibly dull team to watch

Twodogs
10-07-2020, 11:37 PM
Patton has all the manoeuvrability of a German Tiger tank, without the killing power. Dud.

Panzer division would kick more goals.

Twodogs
10-07-2020, 11:44 PM

The old axiom of big blokes taking time is a true one. Apart from the odd freak like Tim English you'd want them to mature in the VFL before you drafted them and just hope to time it right.

He's obsession with players legs is just plain weird now.

Remi Moses
11-07-2020, 12:16 AM
The media are so soft on Clarkson
Yeah we know he’s got some flags , but they’re the oldest list in the comp ,and they’re bang ordinary.
The way they’ve recruited they should be think they’re top 4 !
He’s started complaining about the breaks and the travel ! Breaking news , every sides got the same issues !
Complains about the crap style of the game , in which his side’s a main offender

Remi Moses
11-07-2020, 12:18 AM
The old axiom of big blokes taking time is a true one. Apart from the odd freak like Tim English you'd want them to mature in the VFL before you drafted them and just hope to time it right.

He's obsession with players legs is just plain weird now.

Bruce is beyond creepy
I’m expecting a Netflix series on his creepiness

jeemak
11-07-2020, 01:21 AM
Bruce is beyond creepy
I’m expecting a Netflix series on his creepiness

People still don't see it, it's *!*!*!*!ed.

jeemak
11-07-2020, 01:29 AM
Kelly apparently has a wrist injury, according to the commentary team. Should take his mind off his clearly dislocated elbow.

Already changed.

Even after the game the team were saying they thought it was a wrist injury because of the way his wrist was facing.....dickheads, do you expect a wrist to face the same way when an elbow dislocation twists the arm around?

Aside from it being completely visually obvious, I've had my elbow dislocated, and how it looks entirely depends on what you do with your upper arm. It's hard to intellectualise it at first, but once you feel the pain and see it you know. Mine went inside from an outside contest/impact, so looking down my arm instead of it turning inwards it presented outwards, with the Humerus and Ulna being hit towards my body meaning my hand was in an unusual spot. It was an easy choice then and there to knock it straight back in by bending my hand back towards my body.

Kelly's looked to push the Humerus and Ulna at the joint out and away from the body. Very very hard to put back in straight away because it kind of looks like something that should be OK but isn't.

GVGjr
11-07-2020, 08:33 AM

We certainly could but Young just isn't progressing like he should be

soupman
11-07-2020, 10:55 AM

And their coach is the one the AFL is taking advice from as to how to fix the game. Idiots.

Geez Hawthorn were bad. Showed no intent to move the ball, and to be fair to them have nothing to go to anyway.

As an aside I found this article really interesting. It wouldnt have saved last night but it might have improved aspects of the viewing experience. (https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-07-11/what-if-broadcasters-are-the-source-of-afl-image-problem/12437678?section=sport)

I went to the game fwiw, never thought I'd be going to more games this year than all my family in VIC combined, and certainly didn't expect the neutral games to only feature sides from Victoria.

bornadog
11-07-2020, 11:25 AM
As an aside I found this article really interesting. It wouldnt have saved last night but it might have improved aspects of the viewing experience. (https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-07-11/what-if-broadcasters-are-the-source-of-afl-image-problem/12437678?section=sport)

Thankyou for posting the link to the article, it is a great analysis of how the broadcasters show us the game. Channel Seven is more annoying than Fox, especially when a player is injured. Seven doesn't use the picture in picture, but prefers to show in the whole screen the injured player. Meanwhile the game goes on.

The broadcasters need to rethink the whole viewing experience, as well as the commentary so that viewers know what is going on at the ground.

comrade
11-07-2020, 12:05 PM

Sedat likes this.

Doc26
11-07-2020, 12:37 PM
And their coach is the one the AFL is taking advice from as to how to fix the game. Idiots.

Yes, many thanks for sharing the link to this fine article.

Unfortunately for those viewers that are invested in the tactics being deployed, or trying to be, are left a long way short by the broadcasters. Aside from the challenges for the broadcaster in striking the optimal balance between it’s use of close up vision, and the wider angles that display what’s being set-up, I’m as equally if not more frustrated by the choice and direction of the broadcasters commentary team which has not kept pace with the tactical changes that have been rampant over recent decades, if anything the commentators have regressed to be little more than sycophantic cheerleaders, incapable of informing its audience the intention of each play.

Personally I would prefer there be less big name ex stars of the game sitting in commentary, and more investment in astute ex or potential tacticians to provide in game commentary. In short, why can’t the broadcaster err on informing rather than molest its viewers.

Bulldog Joe
11-07-2020, 12:46 PM
Thankyou for posting the link to the article, it is a great analysis of how the broadcasters show us the game. Channel Seven is more annoying than Fox, especially when a player is injured. Seven doesn't use the picture in picture, but prefers to show in the whole screen the injured player. Meanwhile the game goes on.

The broadcasters need to rethink the whole viewing experience, as well as the commentary so that viewers know what is going on at the ground.

This is the reason I really miss being at the game.

When you are present you get a better view of the whole picture and see options that players have (some the players don't even see).

It is still difficult to see enough and the TV replay then allows me to see the closer detail that I can't always decipher from the stands.

Our game would really be suited to a replay that shows an entirely different aspect than the original broadcast.

I would really enjoy seeing the camera angles that are missed at the live broadcast in replay, but with some intelligent commentary.

DISCLAIMER
Intelligent Commentary might just be an oxymoron in the realm of

Military Intelligence
Political Integrity.

The Adelaide Connection
11-07-2020, 01:00 PM
This is the reason I really miss being at the game.

When you are present you get a better view of the whole picture and see options that players have (some the players don't even see).

It is still difficult to see enough and the TV replay then allows me to see the closer detail that I can't always decipher from the stands.

Our game would really be suited to a replay that shows an entirely different aspect than the original broadcast.

I would really enjoy seeing the camera angles that are missed at the live broadcast in replay, but with some intelligent commentary.

DISCLAIMER
Intelligent Commentary might just be an oxymoron in the realm of

Military Intelligence
Political Integrity.

There is so much scope through technology to revolutionise the broadcast. Picture in picture can be a little annoying, but what about the down the ground screen on a device? Or the ability to switch between down the ground/aerial/other angles.

It would allow you to glance at positioning and moves on your tablet/phone, whilst following the play via the normal broadcast angle on your tv (not unlike watching it live and glancing at the big screen for the odd closeup etc).

Hotdog60
11-07-2020, 01:05 PM
I think I've whinged on here before about missing play with stupid shots on injured players or coaches box.
I don't go to games because I only want to see the Dogs games and from were I live it's a pain to attend when they are up here.
The few times I have been I get pissed off with people leaving there seat early to beat the crowd at the loo or the food and drink counter because they obscure my view of the game standing in front of me.
I'm becoming a very grumpy old man. :)

Hotdog60
11-07-2020, 01:08 PM
There is so much scope through technology to revolutionise the broadcast. Picture in picture can be a little annoying, but what about the down the ground screen on a device? Or the ability to switch between down the ground/aerial/other angles.

It would allow you to glance at positioning and moves on your tablet/phone, whilst following the play via the normal broadcast angle on your tv (not unlike watching it live and glancing at the big screen for the odd closeup etc).

How about a device in the ball that can be automatically tracked be a drone above and behind the ball following it as it moves.
Almost from a players perspective.

The Adelaide Connection
11-07-2020, 01:24 PM
How about a device in the ball that can be automatically tracked be a drone above and behind the ball following it as it moves.
Almost from a players perspective.

That’s a cool idea, but they’d have to change drone rules (can’t fly over people). Drones are prone to falling out of the sky.

comrade
11-07-2020, 01:50 PM
Saints forward line wide open once again. Every time it goes inside 50 they look like scoring.

bulldogsthru&thru
11-07-2020, 02:26 PM
Long just hip n shouldered Freos ruckman that knocked him on his back for a few minutes. Nothing overly malicious in the bump, it was careless but judging by Croziers suspension he should get at least 8 weeks! Or perhaps a $500 fine.

ledge
11-07-2020, 03:01 PM

Not a fan of Moore , over rated IMO . Essendon had one forward who is overweight has no tank and he beat him with ease.
Also had Roughead down there to help out and still didn’t stop him.
Wood, Crozier and even Keath are better.

Bulldog Joe
11-07-2020, 03:02 PM
Long just hip n shouldered Freos ruckman that knocked him on his back for a few minutes. Nothing overly malicious in the bump, it was careless but judging by Croziers suspension he should get at least 8 weeks! Or perhaps a $500 fine.

He will be suspended and I expect 2 weeks.

It was careless, rather than intentional but high impact.

However Long was just putting his body in to protect his own position to go for the ball. I don't think he even meant to bump Darcy. 20 years ago Long would have been lauded for his attack on the ball.

hujsh
11-07-2020, 03:26 PM
Massive turnaround by Freo but let St.Kilda off the hook with some bad missed set shots.

2 down on the bench so may regret that.

soupman
11-07-2020, 03:33 PM
Man this is a fun game to watch. Freo have been killing it. Should be at least 3 goals up.

bulldogsthru&thru
11-07-2020, 03:44 PM
Freo vs Saints is a perfect reminder of why we need to be on our game vs Carlton

Prince Imperial
11-07-2020, 04:03 PM
Always pleasurable to see Moorabbin lose in such circumstances.

bornadog
11-07-2020, 04:07 PM

I thought Freo was going to throw it away, but somehow worked harder in those last two minutes. Saints stopped after being 36 in front - no mental toughness :cool:

bulldogsthru&thru
11-07-2020, 04:08 PM

Especially after the inevitable getting ahead of themselves

The Adelaide Connection
11-07-2020, 04:09 PM
I thought Freo was going to throw it away, but somehow worked harder in those last two minutes. Saints stopped after being 36 in front - no mental toughness :cool:

Freo also two down (Darcy and Young) for most of the game. Mammoth effort by them.

Grantysghost
11-07-2020, 04:23 PM
He will be suspended and I expect 2 weeks.

It was careless, rather than intentional but high impact.

However Long was just putting his body in to protect his own position to go for the ball. I don't think he even meant to bump Darcy. 20 years ago Long would have been lauded for his attack on the ball.

I think that is mimimum three maybe four weeks. Triggered Troy Simmonds PTSD. I've been next to a ruckman that copped the exact same, game stopped, ambulance called its an incredibly cowardly act.

HOSE B ROMERO
11-07-2020, 04:27 PM
Great result for us with freo knocking off the saints. Another example of an in form team getting knocked off in this topsy turvy season.
Just hope we can capitalize against the blues.

Remi Moses
11-07-2020, 04:29 PM

Get it right
Seafood

bulldogsthru&thru
11-07-2020, 04:31 PM
Get it right
Seafood

Aren't they back at Moorabbin now?

Remi Moses
11-07-2020, 04:33 PM
Pretty ordinary act
Should be 3
I’m sure he’s off to Birth deaths marriages
Name change to Burgoyne ! Nothing better than seeing the comedy club’s idiot fans get ahead of themselves
Just proves gotta be ready every week

Prince Imperial
11-07-2020, 04:33 PM
Get it right
Seafood

They should have kept going further south to French Island than returning.

Remi Moses
11-07-2020, 04:35 PM

Being vicious in the extreme
They hate that joint

Grantysghost
11-07-2020, 04:43 PM
Pretty ordinary act
Should be 3
Name change to Burgoyne ! Nothing better than seeing the comedy club’s idiot fans get ahead of themselves

Classic aints.

bornadog
11-07-2020, 05:42 PM

Yes they built new traing and head quarters there.

https://www.realestate.com.au/blog/images/1600x1600-fit,progressive/2019/04/23103413/capi_9e9db08344168a722549c9647ac25ff9_fcaf97dba8fb73d555a56e eb3bda464e.jpeg

bulldogsthru&thru
11-07-2020, 06:07 PM
I think that is mimimum three maybe four weeks. Triggered Troy Simmonds PTSD. I've been next to a ruckman that copped the exact same, game stopped, ambulance called its an incredibly cowardly act.

yeah watching the replay it's minimum 3 weeks. He has a clear opportunity to go for the ball but elects to bump instead. Darcy was concussed and didn't return to the game. But it's chook lotto with the MC so anything could happen. Long did take mark of the round last week so that could work in his favour.

jeemak
11-07-2020, 06:11 PM
If you can get a week for what Crozier did then that's gotta be three or four. Intent was to bump a completely vulnerable player in an opportunistic way.

The AFL if it was serious, would give it five or six weeks.

Doc26
11-07-2020, 06:19 PM
Gold by Nic Nat. Just passed a new Samsung phone to Reilly O’Brien post game.

jeemak
11-07-2020, 06:29 PM

That was awesome.

jeemak
11-07-2020, 07:21 PM
One of the guys on Fox, the reporter fellow, suggested the AFL will grade the Long hit as careless. Not intentional.

What type of athlete do they think Long is? An unco of some sort?

EasternWest
11-07-2020, 07:23 PM

That is hilarious. Love how, in this time of outrage and indignation, he laughs it off and plays along.

Good guy, Nic Nat.

Also, how rich are these guys they can just hand over a grand for a giggle?

Rocket Science
11-07-2020, 07:35 PM
I don't know how to say this but Gold Coast are kinda fun to watch, even sans Rowell.

Melbourne on the other hand. What a depressing train wreck. Long may it continue.

The Adelaide Connection
11-07-2020, 07:48 PM
That is hilarious. Love how, in this time of outrage and indignation, he laughs it off and plays along.

Good guy, Nic Nat.

Also, how rich are these guys they can just hand over a grand for a giggle?

Telstra hooked him up.

The Adelaide Connection
11-07-2020, 07:49 PM
I don't know how to say this but Gold Coast are kinda fun to watch, even sans Rowell.

Melbourne on the other hand. What a depressing train wreck. Long may it continue.

Absolutely. I don’t understand why Melbourne were such overwhelming favourites for this game. They have been horrible this year.

HOSE B ROMERO
11-07-2020, 07:52 PM
Dees to doing well. Hoping they can knock off the suns.

mjp
11-07-2020, 08:42 PM
Freo also two down (Darcy and Young) for most of the game. Mammoth effort by them.

...and Fyfe didn’t leave the goal square in the 2nd half.

jeemak
11-07-2020, 08:54 PM
Good.....well sort of....game going on between GCS and the Demons.

Both teams having a crack and the scoreboard is ticking over.

Remi Moses
11-07-2020, 09:18 PM
Tom Campbell as a key forward ! On a wet ground

EasternWest
11-07-2020, 09:23 PM
Telstra hooked him up.

Yeah I found out afterwards.

I shouldn't be surprised and disappointed that something funny was just corporate opportunism, yet here we are.

soupman
11-07-2020, 09:34 PM
Gold coast are great to watch. Enough really talented young guys that you are always interested what happens, and they are pretty attacking.

Rowell might not have the rising star award stitched up, Rankine looks incredible. His first two goals were magnificent, and the third was decent. Looked so dangerous.

comrade
11-07-2020, 09:40 PM
Rankine could end up being the best of 2018.

Bulldog Joe
11-07-2020, 09:44 PM
Rankine could end up being the best of 2018.

He certainly looked impressive.

jeemak
11-07-2020, 09:47 PM
Who'd have thought that predicting who would be the best from the 2018 draft would be so difficult on less than a season and a half of exposed form.........

Rankine looked really dangerous, he'll have a lot of work put into him. Could have gotten them closer a couple of times with a couple of set shots that were kickable.

Grantysghost
11-07-2020, 09:54 PM
Who'd have thought that predicting who would be the best from the 2018 draft would be so difficult on less than a season and a half of exposed form.........

Rankine looked really dangerous, he'll have a lot of work put into him. Could have gotten them closer a couple of times with a couple of set shots that were kickable.

Does he remind you guys of a young Akermanis?

Happy Days
11-07-2020, 10:46 PM
North are playing like us under McCartney tonight. They haven’t even TRIED to hit a target inside 50.

Sedat
11-07-2020, 11:02 PM
What type of athlete do they think Long is? An unco of some sort?
Nah, he played at FF tonight for the Kangas ;)

Sedat
11-07-2020, 11:06 PM
...and Fyfe didn’t leave the goal square in the 2nd half.
Lobb also did his ankle just before half time. Seriously brave performance by Freo.

ledge
11-07-2020, 11:23 PM
I think shiels is in a bit of strife with the head high bump .. a week will do

Dry Rot
11-07-2020, 11:34 PM
What's the story with Stringer?

bornadog
11-07-2020, 11:57 PM

Syndesmosis out for 4 to 6

Dry Rot
12-07-2020, 12:04 AM

OK thanks.

Seems to be a lot of that this season?

jeemak
12-07-2020, 12:11 AM

Already changed.

Does he remind you guys of a young Akermanis?

Need to see more of him, however, I've pretty much erased my memories from the mid nineties...……...

bulldogsthru&thru
12-07-2020, 12:17 AM
I think shiels is in a bit of strife with the head high bump .. a week will do

Yep should get at least two for that.

However everything that’s been discussed on here re the MRP this week will come to fruition. Shiel is a high profile player at a high profile club. Taylor also returned to the field. Thus he’ll get off. Bookmark it.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
12-07-2020, 12:30 AM

Syndesmosis injuries seem to be very prevalent these days. Hardly heard of them 5 years ago. Is that just because previously they were generically referred to as 'ankle injury.''?

bornadog
12-07-2020, 12:38 AM
Syndesmosis injuries seem to be very prevalent these days. Hardly heard of them 5 years ago. Is that just because previously they were generically referred to as 'ankle injury.''?

Its a high ankle sprain.

These bones, the tibia, and fibula are between the knee and ankle joints. ... Connecting these bones is a ligament called the syndesmosis, also called the syndesmotic ligament. Syndesmosis ligament injuries often occur in conjunction with other ankle injuries, including sprains and fractures.

Happy Days
12-07-2020, 12:53 AM

Gout I’m hearing.

jeemak
12-07-2020, 01:23 AM
I heard it was crotch rot, affecting the lower leg.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
12-07-2020, 01:25 AM
Its a high ankle sprain.

Thanks Bornadog. I understand the pathology; I'm intrigued by the seeming recent prevalence.
Naughton, Dunkley, Jong, in our team, as well as Stringer and a couple others.
Just trying to ascertain if this is due to a more detailed reporting of ankle injuries or if it is something else.

jeemak
12-07-2020, 01:26 AM
Thanks Bornadog. I understand the pathology; I'm intrigued by the seeming recent prevalence.
Just trying to ascertain if this is due to a more detailed reporting of ankle injuries or if it is something else.

It's the media becoming more informed about scientific diagnosis in order to make themselves smarter without having to actually do anything other than use actual terms to do so.

BornInDroopSt'54
12-07-2020, 02:08 AM
Pretty ordinary act
Should be 3

Eerily similar to his uncle's hip and shoulder to the head of I forget who but I thought Michael's a mongrel act.

bornadog
12-07-2020, 12:24 PM

Yes two Tigers as well last week and they had operations.

Remi Moses
12-07-2020, 12:39 PM
Eerily similar to his uncle's hip and shoulder to the head of I forget who but I thought Michael's a mongrel act.

Saw that for the first time in yonks during lockdown 1
Dog act , could have done serious injury to Troy Simmonds
Would get 6 weeks now

BornInDroopSt'54
12-07-2020, 01:32 PM
Saw that for the first time in yonks during lockdown 1
Dog act , could have done serious injury to Troy Simmonds
Would get 6 weeks now
It was ruthless. White line fever doesn't justify it.

bornadog
12-07-2020, 03:25 PM
GWS trying to use dirty footy again. Should be a couple of reports from this one.

Remi Moses
12-07-2020, 04:26 PM
GWS very ordinary last quarter
Not sustainable their lack of inside 50’s
Thought port dominated

Remi Moses
12-07-2020, 04:38 PM
What’s happened to Coniglio?Looks a shadow of himself since being made captain

Mofra
12-07-2020, 05:26 PM
North are playing like us under McCartney tonight. They haven’t even TRIED to hit a target inside 50.
They have Brown, then Zurhaar who is undersized as a marking option, then nothing. Simpkin is quality but plays midfield.
Father time seems to have caught up with Higgins

Bulldog Joe
12-07-2020, 06:06 PM
Blakey at the Swans is struggling with second year blues, but Callum Mills has developed into a good player.

Horse seems reluctant to move him into the action, when they really need an extra midfielder.

ledge
12-07-2020, 06:14 PM
They have Brown, then Zurhaar who is undersized as a marking option, then nothing. Simpkin is quality but plays midfield.

With the two hard nuts missing they have a very thin list and it drops away terribly. Goldstein is the one holding them together ATM

Remi Moses
12-07-2020, 06:18 PM

Plus having Tom C as a key forward

Remi Moses
12-07-2020, 06:19 PM
North also like we had under McCartney
Some good young players , nothing in the middle and some veterans about past it

Happy Days
12-07-2020, 11:08 PM

I had Brown being shit first never forget.

Remi Moses
13-07-2020, 09:37 PM
We’ll have to consult Damian Hardwick and get his approval on our tactics against them