PDA

View Full Version : The Moment: Rnd 4, 2020, vs Sydney Swans

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
25-06-2020, 06:11 PM
The moment, the best, most courageous moment that caught your eye in today's game against Sydney. Was it the moment that told you 'we've got this' or 'we lost this one right here'? Or was it the moment that you went 'wow....that is crazy courage.'

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
25-06-2020, 11:05 PM
Bont's mark going back with the flight into Heeney. A Statement mark. His mark against Hodge in 2016 finals was of similar importance.
Each were the opposition's lead player and each time Bont's mark quelled them and settled us.

AndrewP6
25-06-2020, 11:13 PM
Bont’s mark going back with the flight... or Smith just pushing someone away and going on with it.

KT31
25-06-2020, 11:15 PM
Bont's mark going back with the flight into Heeney. A Statement mark. His mark against Hodge in 2016 finals was of similar importance.
Each were the opposition's lead player and each time Bont's mark quelled them and settled us.

I have to agree, but think his follow up mark and goal a few minutes later was just as important.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
25-06-2020, 11:17 PM
Bont’s mark going back with the flight... or Smith just pushing someone away and going on with it.

Smith's strength in that moment...that was a thing of powerful beauty..

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
25-06-2020, 11:19 PM
I have to agree, but think his follow up mark and goal a few minutes later was just as important.

It was.... and it actually counted with points... but the collision with Heeney to me just said 'yep, know it's a milestone... but... it ain't happening....'

jazzadogs
25-06-2020, 11:25 PM
When Bont slammed through a set shot from 50, I thought 'the stars have aligned tonight'.

Ozza
26-06-2020, 11:08 AM
Agree with all of the above. Bont's marks were great, but the 50m goal meant we were 90% over the line at half time.

bornadog
26-06-2020, 11:19 AM
I know we had just about won, but I was still nervous until Macrae soccered that goal.

I yelled YES!!, and the Cat almost hit the ceiling and ran.

jazzadogs
26-06-2020, 01:54 PM
I know we had just about won, but I was still nervous until Macrae soccered that goal.

I yelled YES!!, and the Cat almost hit the ceiling and ran.

How terrible was the camera work on that goal. Zoomed in so tightly on the ball, you had no idea what was coming!

bornadog
26-06-2020, 01:57 PM
How terrible was the camera work on that goal. Zoomed in so tightly on the ball, you had no idea what was coming!

Terrible. They really are a shocker.

comrade
26-06-2020, 02:23 PM
Bont's long goal was obviously the big one, but another key moment was when Bailey Williams took a gutsy mark in traffic down back, then pulled the trigger on a really attacking kick into the middle, which set us up for a goal.

Can't remember who kicked the goal (anyone?), but it was a really impressive chain set up by Williams, who looks better with every game.

bornadog
26-06-2020, 02:33 PM
Bont's long goal was obviously the big one, but another key moment was when Bailey Williams took a gutsy mark in traffic down back, then pulled the trigger on a really attacking kick into the middle, which set us up for a goal.

Can't remember who kicked the goal (anyone?), but it was a really impressive chain set up by Williams, who looks better with every game.

Wasn't it Vanda ?

bulldogsthru&thru
26-06-2020, 02:36 PM
Wasn't it Vanda ?

It led to a Vanda mark but i think he hit the post

bornadog
26-06-2020, 02:39 PM
It led to a Vanda mark but i think he hit the post

Was that the one? I thought the one where Vanda hit the post was from a pass from some good work from English?

bulldogsthru&thru
26-06-2020, 02:41 PM
Was that the one? I thought the one where Vanda hit the post was from a pass from some good work from English?

Ah yes you might be right.

Bumper Bulldogs
26-06-2020, 07:00 PM
When Bont slammed through a set shot from 50, I thought 'the stars have aligned tonight'.

100% agree with this. It was a pure captains goal. I sat and said that’s what Josh Kennedy has done gif a decade for the swans and he would have been watching first hand the change of the guard in the AFL

ratsmac
26-06-2020, 07:35 PM
The Bont's mark definitely the most courageous and the 50m goal was the moment I thought we have this, but the moment for me that we were on was Naughton's intercept mark and goal assist. :) Seconds later I was like WTF just happened to Naughton. :(

FrediKanoute
26-06-2020, 11:41 PM
The Bont's mark definitely the most courageous and the 50m goal was the moment I thought we have this, but the moment for me that we were on was Naughton's intercept mark and goal assist. :) Seconds later I was like WTF just happened to Naughton. :(

Agree, this for me was the moment we stamped our authority on the contest. Bont's mark was a close second.

jeemak
27-06-2020, 12:06 AM
It was.... and it actually counted with points... but the collision with Heeney to me just said 'yep, know it's a milestone... but... it ain't happening....'

I've actually been looking at Bont and thinking he's not been doing enough in the gym because unless he's in motion and because he's such a big guy who's still relatively young, he doesn't look that physically imposing.

Then you see him brace for a mark like that, or in motion getting a contested ball and you realise he's a complete beast. And he's only going to get bigger and bigger throughout the next five years, and even stronger and smarter.

I can't wait. He's just going to dominate in a way player rarely does.

GVGjr
27-06-2020, 03:17 AM
The Rhylee West mark and goal was a moment for me. He maneuvered his opponent out of the marking contest which was a decent sign of his strength and timing and kicked a goal that never really looked like missing

Happy Days
27-06-2020, 11:30 AM
The Rhylee West mark and goal was a moment for me. He maneuvered his opponent out of the marking contest which was a decent sign of his strength and timing and kicked a goal that never really looked like missing

I was equally surprised at how poor their “elite” defenders were one on one. Was the West mark the one on Rampe?

jazzadogs
27-06-2020, 12:16 PM
I was equally surprised at how poor their “elite” defenders were one on one. Was the West mark the one on Rampe?

Nah West was on Lloyd and Vandermeer on Rampe.

I liked Bruce walking past Lloyd after the West mark and whispering some sweet nothings in his ear. He gets heaps of the ball but isn't particularly damaging, and can't defend.

azabob
27-06-2020, 04:27 PM
Nah West was on Lloyd and Vandermeer on Rampe.

I liked Bruce walking past Lloyd after the West mark and whispering some sweet nothings in his ear. He gets heaps of the ball but isn't particularly damaging, and can't defend.

But its Looooyyyyyddddddd

azabob
27-06-2020, 04:30 PM
The moment for me was Bontempelli's second quarter and in particular his contested marking and the free kick he got in the one on one marking dual where he kicked the goal on the 50.

Bontempelli isn't known for his marking, let alone running back with the flight of the ball or taking a pack mark inside our forward 50.

If he can add that to his game he seriously becomes one of the most damaging players going around.

Twodogs
27-06-2020, 10:52 PM

If it helps the goals went in order of Dale, Naughton, Lloyd, Vandermeer, Bont, Bont, Bruce, West, Macrae, English. (I might have Macrae and English around the wrong way but I don't think so) I have an obsessive habit of keeping the goalkicking order in my head.