comrade
16-07-2020, 10:12 PM
collingwood’s defensive coach
matthew boyd

bring him home

azabob
16-07-2020, 10:14 PM
bring him home

Sorry he would be too outspoken and wouldn’t always agree.

azabob
16-07-2020, 10:37 PM
G Myers is a very average footballer

MrMahatma
16-07-2020, 11:00 PM
Sorry he would be too outspoken and wouldn’t always agree.

You’re suggesting our assistants are all “yes” men?

Rocket Science
16-07-2020, 11:13 PM
Speaking of Matty Boyd there's a bloke running around for the Pies who plays with more than a sprinkling of Moyd's style; Maynard.

No bullshit. Just gets it done. Rather like the cut of his jib.

Am sure having Boyd as a line coach hasn't hurt.

jeemak
17-07-2020, 02:12 AM
Speaking of Matty Boyd there's a bloke running around for the Pies who plays with more than a sprinkling of Moyd's style; Maynard.

No bullshit. Just gets it done. Rather like the cut of his jib.

Am sure having Boyd as a line coach hasn't hurt.

I reckon you'd only need to go back to 2012-2014 to see a vastly different view of Boyd on this board than the final view we had of him as a player post his retirement.

He was continually lambasted for being wasteful, sometimes selfish and whole bunch of other things when his view of his role was hacking the footy forward. I was so unbelievably against his move back that I've only just finished my share of roast words for dinner in relation to the topic.

It's amazing what two outstanding years of footy with a different mindset and position can do to a player. I agree that he'd be a solid acquisition now, but I wonder whether that would be the case if he finished his career as a tired midfielder without a premiership medallion around his neck.

azabob
17-07-2020, 07:11 AM

Yes.

comrade
17-07-2020, 07:26 AM
I only watched until half time but it felt like Collingwood had too many weapons and were able to overwhelm the stingy Geelong defence. Even though I can't stand Chris Scott, his sides are always competitive and never get belted even when they don't play well which is not something we can say about sides coached by Bevo, who has a more feast or famine approach.

That being said, it feels like Geelong are just hanging on to this season and with Selwood tweaking a hammy, it'll only make things tougher. The cliff is approaching quickly for their older players.

Remi Moses
17-07-2020, 07:35 AM
Not sure finishing in the 8 every year and having a team that plays well really only at home , but doesn’t threaten is where I want to be
Pretty sure folks on here would be frustrated

bornadog
17-07-2020, 10:12 AM
G Myers is a very average footballer

Yes.

With all due respect you don't know if that is true.

Happy Days
17-07-2020, 12:15 PM
I reckon you'd only need to go back to 2012-2014 to see a vastly different view of Boyd on this board than the final view we had of him as a player post his retirement.

He was continually lambasted for being wasteful, sometimes selfish and whole bunch of other things when his view of his role was hacking the footy forward. I was so unbelievably against his move back that I've only just finished my share of roast words for dinner in relation to the topic.

It's amazing what two outstanding years of footy with a different mindset and position can do to a player. I agree that he'd be a solid acquisition now, but I wonder whether that would be the case if he finished his career as a tired midfielder without a premiership medallion around his neck.

All of that talk was 1000% justified. Boyd and his NQR Nathan Buckley impression were infuriating under McCartney.

comrade
17-07-2020, 12:25 PM
All of that talk was 1000% justified. Boyd and his NQR Nathan Buckley impression were infuriating under McCartney.

I for one stand in solidarity with the worms that were burned by Matty Boyd circa 2011-214.

The Adelaide Connection
17-07-2020, 02:59 PM
Not sure finishing in the 8 every year and having a team that plays well really only at home , but doesn’t threaten is where I want to be
Pretty sure folks on here would be frustrated

I have a Geelong mate who is more pessimistic on their chances than the Bomberblitz board after a loss and it’s like you took the words out of his mouth. He would have also added “shit in finals”.

Remi Moses
17-07-2020, 04:19 PM
Hawthorn and geelong have moved away from what made them great
Their great sides Eminated from the draft
Hawthorn are in No Mans Land and Geelong are just a bit better

Remi Moses
17-07-2020, 04:23 PM
Pies held the whip hand all night
Grundy gave the mids silver service and their ball movement was excellent
Geelong were under extreme pressure with every ground ball

Axe Man
17-07-2020, 04:32 PM
Bit of a harsh review of Geelong I reckon. Selwood out in the first half (with Duncan missing from the week before), Clark gone in the third I think and De Goey deciding to play for the first time this season. Pies also seemed to get the rub of the green with the umpires.

Pies were better but there wasn't that much in it and there were a few excuses for the cats.

Rocket Science
18-07-2020, 05:42 PM
The Cats get done ... we pantsed the Bombres ... the Giants just got rolled and spat the dummy in the process ... feels good man.

Sedat
18-07-2020, 05:44 PM
Rankine party tricks already. Kid is a freak.

DOG GOD
18-07-2020, 05:46 PM
Rankine party tricks already. Kid is a freak.

Let’s hope for a quite one next week

Remi Moses
18-07-2020, 06:07 PM
Plastics can’t win games getting such few inside 50’s
The lack of discipline is on show . Terrible 50 from Keefe , and a horrible free for the sealer ( think it was Taranto )
Harris Andrews was brilliant

comrade
18-07-2020, 06:12 PM
Plastics can’t win games getting such few inside 50’s
The lack of discipline is on show . Terrible 50 from Keefe , and a horrible free for the sealer ( think it was Taranto )
Harris Andrews was brilliant

If I had to pick a player in the AFL to come into our side, it would probably be Andrews.

Suits our needs perfectly.

Sedat
18-07-2020, 07:33 PM
Sydney v Gold Coast has been one of the most entertaining games all year so far

The Bulldogs Bite
18-07-2020, 08:01 PM
Sydney v Gold Coast has been one of the most entertaining games all year so far

Great game.

Rankin is special... Very special

comrade
18-07-2020, 08:09 PM
GC might actually get a flag before GWS, especially if the AFL proceeds with the planned concessions this year (which is BS if they do).

Packed with talent.

Sedat
18-07-2020, 08:10 PM
Great game.

Rankin is special... Very special
One touch player and 5 steps ahead of everyone else on the ground. I loved the steal out of Parker's hands at the forward stoppage in the 3rd qtr - he missed the snap but that was ridiculous against a seriously good player

Sedat
18-07-2020, 08:13 PM
GC might actually get a flag before GWS, especially if the AFL proceeds with the planned concessions this year (which is BS if they do).

Packed with talent.
If they were a share you'd be buying up big. Got a pretty fool proof game style as well - they are so strong at stoppages and are also very organised down back.

EasternWest
18-07-2020, 08:59 PM
If they were a share you'd be buying up big. Got a pretty fool proof game style as well - they are so strong at stoppages and are also very organised down back.

And just infinitely more likeable.

North getting trounced early. Higgins nowhere to be seen. But he is "smooth moving".

Bulldog Joe
18-07-2020, 09:06 PM
North started out as an ordinary side and appear to have gone backwards

EasternWest
18-07-2020, 10:23 PM
And just infinitely more likeable.

North getting trounced early. Higgins nowhere to be seen. But he is "smooth moving".

What's the reverse kiss of death because Higgins has brought his own ball since I slated him.

jeemak
18-07-2020, 10:26 PM
Higgins is a gun.

EasternWest
18-07-2020, 10:40 PM
Higgins is a gun.

Entirely on his terms, sure.

Gets asked to tag Martin while the tagger (McMillan? McDonald) gets a spell. Martin immediately kicks a goal.

Remi Moses
18-07-2020, 11:03 PM
Surely Norf in the constricted fixture
5am Wednesday morning

Remi Moses
18-07-2020, 11:05 PM
Dreadful dreadful team
Treading water for years . Top up after top up after top up
Need to draft

comrade
18-07-2020, 11:06 PM
Has there ever been a less influential 30+ game than what Higgins had tonight?

Remi Moses
18-07-2020, 11:10 PM
I didn’t even notice he was out there
No influence on the game
They needed to trade Goldstein and Higgins and get some picks
But they’re happy to tread water

jazzadogs
19-07-2020, 12:21 AM

Packed with talent.

They have to go ahead with them, because GC already traded one of their 2020 concession picks to Geelong (pick 12 I think). Although they clearly needed some assistance to survive, I think all clubs will come to regret how generous the concessions were...especially if they are able to keep their young players together.

jeemak
19-07-2020, 03:59 AM
Entirely on his terms, sure.

Gets asked to tag Martin while the tagger (McMillan? McDonald) gets a spell. Martin immediately kicks a goal.

It was sloppy defending, he still spoiled the ball and honestly, a lot of those get let go without being paid.

He'd play in any modern premiership side if on the list. Since about year two or three of his career teams have had to put a lot of work into him and he's been an excellent player. People underrate skill and finishing ability, and overrate other aspects of the game considered to be his weakness.

jeemak
19-07-2020, 04:02 AM
Has there ever been a less influential 30+ game than what Higgins had tonight?

Matty Boyd had dozens of them in full games when everyone around him were hacks. Griffen did as well.

It's what happens when you're surrounded by shit kickers. You get the footy, nobody else helps out and opposition makes it so.

Happy Days
19-07-2020, 10:51 AM
Matty Boyd had dozens of them in full games when everyone around him were hacks. Griffen did as well.

It's what happens when you're surrounded by shit kickers. You get the footy, nobody else helps out and opposition makes it so.

Matt Priddis has 45 against North this one time and was legitimately the worst player on the ground. His team was worse off for him having had the ball so many times.

ledge
19-07-2020, 11:19 AM
I didn’t even notice he was out there
No influence on the game
They needed to trade Goldstein and Higgins and get some picks
But they’re happy to tread water

Don’t think they would get much ..good footballers but age is against them , North have got to the stage with them two where they are better keeping them on the list until they retire.
North’s list is extremely shallow they have lost three players and keep trying to play one a week who is injured and doesn’t last a quarter
Not a fan of Shaw , looks like they tried to change all their game plan ( which they would have trained for ) in one game and the players had no idea so just played for themselves.
They are in for a lot of pain for a few years unless they get a decent plan of recruiting and stick to it.

EasternWest
19-07-2020, 11:22 AM
It was sloppy defending, he still spoiled the ball and honestly, a lot of those get let go without being paid.

He'd play in any modern premiership side if on the list. Since about year two or three of his career teams have had to put a lot of work into him and he's been an excellent player. People underrate skill and finishing ability, and overrate other aspects of the game considered to be his weakness.

I'm not doubting the legitimacy of his ability.

He's a fine player that doesn't make his side any better because he only does what he wants.

Twodogs
19-07-2020, 12:52 PM
I'm not doubting the legitimacy of his ability.

He's a fine player that doesn't make his side any better because he only does what he wants.

Yep, plays on his terms.

Sedat
19-07-2020, 04:00 PM
Carlton form last week suddenly not looking quite as poor

The bulldog tragician
19-07-2020, 04:19 PM
What a finish. Robbie Gray nails a tough shot after the siren for Port to snatch the win.

Happy Days
19-07-2020, 04:23 PM
Incredible game. As soon as I saw it was Gray I knew it was over.

bulldogsthru&thru
19-07-2020, 04:25 PM
Amazing goal from Gray. But what a stuff up before in the goal square

Sedat
19-07-2020, 04:26 PM
Game of the year so far. Carlton are quite enjoyable to watch when they aren't playing us.

Bulldog Joe
19-07-2020, 04:29 PM
Port did so much to avoid winning and then Robbie Gray kicks the almost impossible after the siren.

josie
19-07-2020, 04:31 PM
Watched last quarter and a half. Damn good game. Admire the Blues this year. And what a goal by Robbie Gray. One of my fave other team players. Pure class. His longevity and reliability right up there you’d think. Shot of them all the port players streaming towards him after goal was fantastic too.

Did anyone see Papley jump over head of tall teammate after teammate kicked lovely goal I think in last quarter yesterday? Suns are an exciting team and the bits of that match I saw looked high quality too.

comrade
19-07-2020, 04:36 PM
Port botched numerous easy attempts, so it was fitting they kicked the most difficult to steal the game.

Carlton are doing a lot right and basing their game around good kicking & aerial dominance.

bulldogsthru&thru
19-07-2020, 04:43 PM
Riddle me this. Port had 10x more space in their 50 right at the death than we did in our entire game vs carlton last week. Was that due to port doing something different or carlton being a bit lazier?

Bulldog Joe
19-07-2020, 04:52 PM
Footscray premiership player Mitch Hannan with Melbourne's 1st goal.

Both sides looking very average

comrade
19-07-2020, 05:03 PM
Riddle me this. Port had 10x more space in their 50 right at the death than we did in our entire game vs carlton last week. Was that due to port doing something different or carlton being a bit lazier?

Carlton simply **** the bed at the end as the pressure mounted. Kicked to out numbered contests, didn’t get back quick enough on the turn over. Port should have won it 3 times before Gray kicked the last one.

Like any side, Carlton look good when the game is on their terms and they can play that kick mark style. When it gets more chaotic and numbers are evened up, or their big guys stop catching it (like they did in the last 5 mins) they struggle.

bornadog
19-07-2020, 05:05 PM

Maybe the backline didn't follow up the ground their opponents and stayed back to defend.

comrade
19-07-2020, 05:15 PM
Hawthorn officially sucks.

Sedat
19-07-2020, 05:18 PM
Carlton simply **** the bed at the end as the pressure mounted. Kicked to out numbered contests, didn’t get back quick enough on the turn over. Port should have won it 3 times before Gray kicked the last one.
Blues had chances as well. Cunningham could have iced the game with 2 mins left - he had Casboult free to his left and Betts free to his right well inside 50 but he went for glory and it was marked in the goal square by Butters. He could have even gone to the top of the square where he had Cripps one-out with Butters. That play opened up the opportunities for Port to win in the game, which they botched until Gray stepped up.

Also the pack mark to Jonas on half-back with 40 seconds left should never have been taken. All of Casboult, McKay and Pittonet were in that pack and they should have easily killed that contest - do that and it's game over.

Sedat
19-07-2020, 05:20 PM
Hawthorn and Ch 7 commentary are a truly hideous combination

Rocket Science
19-07-2020, 05:24 PM

Uh oh. I smell another haughty edict for Gill from Clarko's post-game presser.

Rocket Science
19-07-2020, 05:27 PM
Hawthorn and Ch 7 commentary are a truly hideous combination

Lingy, Hame and Brayshaw on the same call is a special form of torture.

comrade
19-07-2020, 05:34 PM

Given they’ve coughed it up to Gawn about a dozen times in the half, maybe Clarke will suggest that beards should be banned from the game due to hygiene reasons.

Remi Moses
19-07-2020, 06:30 PM
Hawthorn’s denial is coming home to roost
More Clarko I’d imagine
They’ve got Graham Wright one of the best in the business and they top up continually
They’re making the dees look like hawthorn in their glory years
Horrid to watch ! Petracca looks like the player he threatened to be
Gotta say I know a few on here had a coronary when Wingard chose them , but would you rather a hot and cold player or Bailey Smith

Remi Moses
19-07-2020, 06:31 PM
Lingy, Hame and Brayshaw on the same call is a special form of torture.

Bradshaw goes about as well as his team

jeemak
19-07-2020, 06:51 PM

He'll use the pace of the loss and deflect it to fine leg for a boundary.

hujsh
19-07-2020, 08:05 PM

Did he whine about something specifically?

ledge
19-07-2020, 08:29 PM
Spent more time showing us Clarko in the box than the game itself.. looking for a story within the game.
Can someone tell them they advertised the game was being shown not Clarko in a box pulling faces.

Remi Moses
19-07-2020, 09:50 PM
Well said ledge
Thought the same thing
They love showing Longmire close up as well
Not sure I’d like being Dean Cox’s right ear

Remi Moses
19-07-2020, 09:51 PM
West coast looming dangerously

The Adelaide Connection
19-07-2020, 10:34 PM
West coast looming dangerously

Maybe. Or maybe they are just good at shooting fish in a barrel.
Since the restart their three wins have been 18th, 16th and 15th. Collingwood next up at home will give us a better indicator of how they are going.

Bulldog Joe
20-07-2020, 07:43 AM
Maybe. Or maybe they are just good at shooting fish in a barrel.
Since the restart their three wins have been 18th, 16th and 15th. Collingwood next up at home will give us a better indicator of how they are going.

I agree.

Take away the run of 3 quick late in the 2nd and Freo (without Fyfe) kick a few of their bad misses (Taberner & Lobbe) and this would have been very tight.

West Coast do have the luxury of probably playing mostly at home from now on, but I am not yet convinced.

Remi Moses
21-07-2020, 03:30 PM
True , they’ve got some more difficult games looming
They’re performing better than they were

Remi Moses
21-07-2020, 03:31 PM
Apparently holding the ball again at all time low in officiating
Chooklotto

bulldogsthru&thru
21-07-2020, 03:35 PM
If anyone saw the saints crows game last night you would have witnessed umpiring at it's worst. The HTB rule has completely lost any sense of predictability and logic, just as most of us discussed on here a few weeks ago. There is no consistency and last night there were players wanting to be second to the ball to apply the tackle. Bravo Clarko and the AFL. Bravo

BTW the game was an absolute horror show. It was basically who was going to fall over first. I don't see how Adelaide can possibly win a game this year. They've already lost to Sydney and Freo so really only north is their chance. The pessimist in me wants to play them now before they are really 'due' for a win. But they have no organisation around the ground and look completely lost most of the time. Their effort was good though last night.

Bulldog Joe
21-07-2020, 04:18 PM
If anyone saw the saints crows game last night you would have witnessed umpiring at it's worst. The HTB rule has completely lost any sense of predictability and logic, just as most of us discussed on here a few weeks ago. There is no consistency and last night there were players wanting to be second to the ball to apply the tackle. Bravo Clarko and the AFL. Bravo

BTW the game was an absolute horror show. It was basically who was going to fall over first. I don't see how Adelaide can possibly win a game this year. They've already lost to Sydney and Freo so really only north is their chance. The pessimist in me wants to play them now before they are really 'due' for a win. But they have no organisation around the ground and look completely lost most of the time. Their effort was good though last night.

Adelaide's chance might come this week. That great Essendon midfield will still be missing Shiel.

bulldogsthru&thru
21-07-2020, 06:03 PM
Adelaide's chance might come this week. That great Essendon midfield will still be missing Shiel.

I think that might make my weekend more than a bulldogs win.....maybe not but it'd be very close.

The Adelaide Connection
21-07-2020, 08:31 PM
I think that might make my weekend more than a bulldogs win.....maybe not but it'd be very close.

Oh man, can you imagine Bomberblitz? The Crows beating them is what dreams are made of.

Mofra
22-07-2020, 09:47 AM
Oh man, can you imagine Bomberblitz? The Crows beating them is what dreams are made of.
I don't like the Crows very much.
This weekend I can't possibly lose!