PDA

View Full Version : High praise for Hunter

bornadog
01-07-2020, 06:12 PM
Link (https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-news-live-updates-steele-sidebottom-fixture-teams-collingwood-covid19-protocols-breach/news-story/7ced67399ecb7f803846e9d1089f25c3)

https://resources.westernbulldogs.com.au/photo-resources/2020/06/30/bba08bca-ec70-44a2-a4f6-688e25c40163/Untitled-1.jpg?width=952&height=592

As his return to the field draws closer, Bulldogs midfielder Lachie Hunter has drawn praise from his skipper, Marcus Bontempelli.

Hunter has one game remaining on his Club imposed four-match suspension following an incident in April, and will be available for selection in Round 6.

The 25-year-old has impressed his team-mates with his work ethic and willingness to impart his knowledge on the young Bulldogs squad since it returned to the training track last month.

“He’s made a really good, concerted effort. You can tell how hard he’s working to try and earn the trust that he’s lost back,” Bontempelli told RSN’s The Breakfast Club on Tuesday.

“That’s obviously a really encouraging sign for Lachie, us as leaders and the football club, to see that he wants to repay the faith.

“He’s continuing to work, not just from a football perspective, but with his off-field leadership as well, to try and help and support every player on the list and especially the leadership group.

“There are some really encouraging signs for Lachie and he needs to continue to do that and let his actions do the talking.”

bornadog
01-07-2020, 06:12 PM
Be good to have him back in the team next week.

Happy Days
01-07-2020, 07:05 PM
Geez it doesn't take much does it.

HOSE B ROMERO
01-07-2020, 07:10 PM
Looking forward to Lachie getting back amongst it.

Eastdog
01-07-2020, 07:52 PM
Looking forward to seeing Lachie back out there.

azabob
02-07-2020, 10:28 AM

The headline is damn right embarrassing - this shouldn't even be an article.

bornadog
02-07-2020, 11:12 AM
The headline is damn right embarrassing - this shouldn't even be an article.

Why not. He is doing some great things on field. So, he made a mistake after having a blue with his fiance, we can't chastise him for the rest of his life.

The Underdog
02-07-2020, 02:34 PM

It’s ok in the AFL, as long as you clear the bar for being a “Top Bloke” all is forgiven.

Remi Moses
02-07-2020, 03:04 PM
Gotta say
Must be a few up for sainthood on here .
He f***** up majorily, but aren’t we allowed some form of redemption?

The Underdog
02-07-2020, 05:58 PM
Gotta say
Must be a few up for sainthood on here .
He f***** up majorily, but aren’t we allowed some form of redemption?

I have no problem with Lachie coming back and making amends but footballers in general get to gain absolution with the slightest of efforts.

Remi Moses
02-07-2020, 06:49 PM
Fair point , but on the flip side they get scrutinized more than the regular joe when they muck up .
There are some repeat offenders who’ve been given absolution also ( hello Wayne Carey )

bornadog
16-07-2020, 03:55 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y57CUU03zLk

Axe Man
23-07-2020, 05:01 PM
Hopefully a good sign that Lachie will remain with the team in Queensland.

Western Bulldogs premiership star Lachie Hunter will remain at the club’s Gold Coast hub as he takes a break from playing to work through some personal issues stemming from his turbulent 2020.

Hunter completed Wednesday’s main training session at Surfers Paradise Football Club and is set to remain involved with the Bulldogs despite stepping out of the team for Thursday night’s match against Gold Coast.

The Bulldogs will blood their fifth debutant in eight games with Callum Porter selected while Billy Gowers also returns at the expense of Hunter and Bailey Dale (ankle).

“Western Bulldogs midfielder Lachie Hunter is currently unavailable for selection due to personal reasons,” the Dogs said in a statement.

“The club will continue to strongly support Lachie as he works through some personal challenges, with his health and well-being to be the priority focus.”

If Hunter jetted home to Melbourne it would be difficult for him to return until late in the home-and-away season due to quarantine regulations.

Upon returning to Queensland Hunter would have to serve another 14 days in a transition hub before linking back up with the Bulldogs.

The Bulldogs are likely to vacate the Mercure Resort for RACV Royal Pines next week.

Hunter relinquished the vice-captaincy in April after crashing into four parked cars while under the influence of alcohol.

He was also fined by police for breaching the COVID-19 lockdown laws.

Hunter was on his way to teammate Billy Gowers’ house in South Yarra when he crashed, and after leaving his contact details he sought a lift with teenager Bailey Smith, who was also fined for breaching lockdown.

Smith was staying at his girlfriend’s place at the time and in a freak coincidence some of the damaged cars belonged to her parents.

Hunter was left with the expensive repair bill for the cars and was also fined $5000 by the club.

Hunter, 25, has raised $5500 for the Alfred Hospital’s road accident trauma program through a Dry July fundraiser this month.

The Bulldogs have since shielded Hunter from the media.

He has recorded two videos for the club website instead of submitting to an interview and last week spoke passionately about his desire to return to the leadership group.

“It hurt a lot (losing the vice-captaincy), and it still does. Even running out on the weekend I’d be lying if I said I didn’t think about it once or twice,” Hunter said.

“I’d love to get back there. That can only come over time and it’s going to take a fair bit of time to build back that trust from the coaches, the players, the board (and) the fans.

“Whether that’s next year, whether that’s in a few years … it might not ever come, and that’s fine as well. But I’ll be doing everything I can to get there.”

The Bulldogs have never faced the Suns at Metricon Stadium under coach Luke Beveridge.

Gold Coast named an unchanged side for its first ever game in primetime.
Link (https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/teams/round-8-afl-teams-callum-porter-to-become-fifth-western-bulldogs-debutant-of-season/news-story/3efe88f7ab87bd8d0bce417b5b80cb5c)

comrade
25-07-2020, 05:54 PM
There was a report in the papers, some days ago, which might go a way to explain Lachie's absence.

There were no names mentioned, so, no pack drill. I am just hoping it was not related to Lachie.

What does this mean?

bornadog
25-07-2020, 06:05 PM
There was a report in the papers, some days ago, which might go a way to explain Lachie's absence.

There were no names mentioned, so, no pack drill. I am just hoping it was not related to Lachie.

What about this:

BEVO - “We’ll keep monitoring how he’s going. We’ve just got to look after him,” he said.“He’ll come back into the side. I can’t tell you when, but he’ll be okay.”
Beveridge suggested Hunter may have been drained from working hard to find his way back into the senior squad.
“Lachie‘s had a bit to deal with and used up a lot of energy in finding his way back,” Beveridge said.
“He had to have an extra month off than what everyone did during the hiatus. He just needed a spell this week.”

Does that sound like he will be back next week?

Jeanette54
25-07-2020, 06:14 PM
Does that sound like he will be back next week?

I hope so, he is such a consistent, valuable contributor to the team. I wish him well for his return. Both to the team and the leadership group.

SonofScray
31-07-2020, 08:48 AM
I hope he is OK.

It's clearly a little sensitive so I won't speculate, but I do want to get other peoples perspective on this type of scenario, ie Club sends someone away / grants leave, due to personal issues.

What's the trend for players who do this coming back and playing good footy? My gut feeling is that it is skewed towards careers fizzling out. Which is fine if the person is safe and well. But just from a footy and fan perspective, I want Hunter to be safe, well and playing at a high level for as long as possible.

GVGjr
31-07-2020, 08:52 AM
I hope he is OK.

It's clearly a little sensitive so I won't speculate, but I do want to get other peoples perspective on this type of scenario, ie Club sends someone away / grants leave, due to personal issues.

What's the trend for players who do this coming back and playing good footy? My gut feeling is that it is skewed towards careers fizzling out. Which is fine if the person is safe and well. But just from a footy and fan perspective, I want Hunter to be safe, well and playing at a high level for as long as possible.

I guess there are a lot of people who need support from time to time and footy players are no different to that. The one good thing about being in a football club is that the players will receive more support than many others in society
I think he has a genuine hunger for football and being around his mates so a transition back will hopefully be an easy one for him

azabob
31-07-2020, 09:44 AM
I hope he is OK.

The difference with the Hunter scenario is he is still in the hub (from what I know). Hopefully this means he can come back and play good footy.

Normally a player will not go to the footy club at all.

azabob
13-08-2020, 07:31 AM
It was discussed on Footy Classified last night that all may not be well between Hunter and the club and he could be up for trade at the end of the year.

Apparently he was fit to play last week but the club over ruled saying he wasn't available but he then insisted on playing in the scratch match.

He said, she said, they said... its a rumor and innuendo but now its out there.

comrade
13-08-2020, 09:13 AM
It was discussed on Footy Classified last night that all may not be well between Hunter and the club and he could be up for trade at the end of the year.

Apparently he was fit to play last week but the club over ruled saying he wasn't available but he then insisted on playing in the scratch match.

That doesn't sound good, hope it's not true.

Grantysghost
13-08-2020, 09:29 AM

Crikey hopefully that's not the case. He's a popular member of the playing group not sure that would affect team morale in a positive sense. Did they have anything concrete or as you mention smoke and mirrors behind the shadows?

GVGjr
13-08-2020, 09:54 AM
You have to wonder how accurate this speculation is? On the surface it looks like they worked out the club held him back by a week and Lachie wasn't happy about it and that sounds reasonable to me but it's a long bow to suggest he wants out.
I would suggest this is creative journalism.

Lachie is a very popular player within the club as evident by his promotion to the leadership group so I will back him to work through any challenges if there is any.

azabob
13-08-2020, 09:56 AM
Crikey hopefully that's not the case. He's a popular member of the playing group not sure that would affect team morale in a positive sense. Did they have anything concrete or as you mention smoke and mirrors behind the shadows?

Nothing too concrete, although Brisbane was named, but they denied it and said if he was to leave it would likely be to another Melbourne club.

Topdog
13-08-2020, 10:12 AM
It's footy classified, 90% is made up based off 1 correct piece of information.

bornadog
13-08-2020, 10:27 AM
It's footy classified, 90% is made up based off 1 correct piece of information.

This is why I mentioned ion another thread about hating the media. they can make a mountain out of a mole hill and next thiung you know clubs can come banging on his door. Trade Radio also now memntioning it.

Lachie has a contract till 2024, if he doesn't want to be at the club, fair enough (I find that hard to believe), then two first round picks please.

azabob
13-08-2020, 10:44 AM
This is why I mentioned ion another thread about hating the media. they can make a mountain out of a mole hill and next thiung you know clubs can come banging on his door. Trade Radio also now memntioning it.

Lachie has a contract till 2024, if he doesn't want to be at the club, fair enough (I find that hard to believe), then two first round picks please.

Wait, Trade Radio is on?

bornadog
13-08-2020, 11:11 AM
Wait, Trade Radio is on?

Tweeting. No doubt Barrett.

bornadog
13-08-2020, 11:23 AM
Of course all the media now onto it with articles on Foxfooty, SEN etc all from what Carro said.

No one checks the sources anymore, or even talks to the club.

Grantysghost
13-08-2020, 11:30 AM
Of course all the media now onto it with articles on Foxfooty, SEN etc all from what Carro said.

The echo chamber ignites. They're all in on it together and know the game.
I don't trust the player agents in these scenarios.

azabob
13-08-2020, 11:43 AM

Unfortunately it is the media in general not just sports media.

Axe Man
13-08-2020, 11:43 AM
I know there is probably nothing, or little to it but I would be very disappointed in Lachie if there was any truth to this.

He owes the club and his teammates after his right royal screw up earlier this year. I can't imagine the club has been anything less that fully supportive of him. Once he put his hand up and said he wasn't right to play it is the coaches and match committee that get to decide when he returns, not Lachie.

1eyedog
13-08-2020, 12:38 PM
SEN reporting this morning that Mark is upset with the way Lachie has been treated since the incident. Not happy that the club refused to play him last week. Also said the issue with Lachie and Mark is Bevo and not the playing group.

GVGjr
13-08-2020, 12:54 PM
SEN reporting this morning that Mark is upset with the way Lachie has been treated since the incident. Not happy that the club refused to play him last week. Also said the issue with Lachie and Mark is Bevo and not the playing group.

If true I'm 100% on Bevo's side here. Lachie needs to realise that with the challenges he's experiencing this year he's not a walk up start to be played. From memory Mark was also critical of the club not playing Lachie more in his second season with us.

I'm confident that will get sorted out but Lachie might need to cool his jets at the moment

bornadog
13-08-2020, 01:28 PM
If true I'm 100% on Bevo's side here. Lachie needs to realise that with the challenges he's experiencing this year he's not a walk up start to be played. From memory Mark was also critical of the club not playing Lachie more in his second season with us.

I'm confident that will get sorted out but Lachie might need to cool his jets at the moment

the old parent meddling trick

Grantysghost
13-08-2020, 01:30 PM

So much easier for parents and agents to muddy the waters and define a narrative than it is for an organisation to refute it. Team selection will be interesting !
I recall the club were critical that Lachie called his agent prior to calling the club.
Edit : He's with Paul Connors. Stringer's agent.

bornadog
13-08-2020, 01:33 PM
So much easier for parents and agents to muddy the waters and define a narrative than it is for an organisation to refute it. Team selection will be interesting !
I recall the club were critical that Lachie called his agent prior to calling the club.

Lachie brought it all upon himself, and I am really pissed off he wasn't available for the last three tough matches. I don't know what his issues are, and respect that, but I can still be pissed off.

comrade
13-08-2020, 01:42 PM
Seems pretty weird. He was out of the game due to 'personal issues' and yet his family seem to be leaking to the media that despite being ready to go, Bevo held him back.

The whole thing has been weird.

Grantysghost
13-08-2020, 01:55 PM
Lachie brought it all upon himself, and I am really pissed off he wasn't available for the last three tough matches. I don't know what his issues are, and respect that, but I can still be pissed off.

Yes I certainly think he needs all the support he requires with his personal circumstances, but when it comes to selection I'm happy for him to have to wait for a start considering his actions and subsequent legal issues.
Having said that he should be a walk up start, so not sure what's happened there, but it's not his choice to make.

1eyedog
13-08-2020, 02:11 PM

I mean but who is saying this? I just heard a snippet it could have been Ugle-Hagan's so-called relative calling in again lighting fires. Who knows!

I don't think there is anything in it at all and reckon the club will make a statement if untrue.

As if Lachie needs this at the moment if it's not true. You'd think journos would have learnt their lesson re. the Tom Boyd depression saga and retirement.

AshMac
13-08-2020, 02:40 PM
I reckon there is truth in all this. I have heard from reliable sources there was little to no response/support from the club in the weeks immediately following the incident. Particularly from Bevo.

Taken pretty badly by Hunter and a big breach of the “club is family” culture needed in these organisations.

My opinion is Hunter “owes” us nothing. He is a young guy and he made a mistake - a big mistake - and he should be measured in how he atones for it, not on the mistake. If selection last week is an issue it shouldn’t be - he waits until the coach thinks it’s right.

If the club isn’t doing everything possible to keep him, or if this explodes and Bevo does ANYTHING to devalue him before a trade then irate won’t even cover half the emotion I’ll feel on this topic.

I hope he stays.

GVGjr
13-08-2020, 02:55 PM
Yes I certainly think he needs all the support he requires with his personal circumstances, but when it comes to selection I'm happy for him to have to wait for a start considering his actions and subsequent legal issues.
Having said that he should be a walk up start, so not sure what's happened there, but it's not his choice to make.

Fully agree, on talent he's a walk up start for selection but given his challenges this year I can understand fully why we might be more cautious with his selections. I'm speculating here but if the club didn't play him it's very likely they had a very good reason.

I'm not trying to be critical of Lachie at all but if Mark is trying to push things for whatever reason then he needs to back off.
My perception is that the club is providing a lot of support to Lachie during a challenging year and I hope that isn't lost with Mark

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
13-08-2020, 03:21 PM
I reckon there is truth in all this. I have heard from reliable sources there was little to no response/support from the club in the weeks immediately following the incident. Particularly from Bevo.

Taken pretty badly by Hunter and a big breach of the “club is family” culture needed in these organisations.

My opinion is Hunter “owes” us nothing. He is a young guy and he made a mistake - a big mistake - and he should be measured in how he atones for it, not on the mistake. If selection last week is an issue it shouldn’t be - he waits until the coach thinks it’s right.

If the club isn’t doing everything possible to keep him, or if this explodes and Bevo does ANYTHING to devalue him before a trade then irate won’t even cover half the emotion I’ll feel on this topic.

I hope he stays.

I don't discount your sources, but at the same time i would be shocked if this was the actual case, and not perhaps how the Hunter's may've framed it.
The club and Bevo were pretty vocal early days about both the sanctions and the direct support and contact with Lachie.

jeemak
13-08-2020, 03:48 PM
I wonder what the expectations of the club were, and what was offered.

Assume it's mandated within an AFLPA accord how the club has to respond as a minimum in terms of offering access to support services etc. so anything beyond that would be discretionary.

How much support do you give a guy who got pissed, jumped in a car and crashed into parked cars, failed to remain at the scene and got two team mates involved in the aftermath?

It's a tough question.

azabob
13-08-2020, 04:02 PM
I wonder what the expectations of the club were, and what was offered.

Assume it's mandated within an AFLPA accord how the club has to respond as a minimum in terms of offering access to support services etc. so anything beyond that would be discretionary.

How much support do you give a guy who got pissed, jumped in a car and crashed into parked cars, failed to remain at the scene and got two team mates involved in the aftermath?

It's a tough question.

It is a tough question - For me, it comes back to any underlying factors that caused him to drink to excess and make the decisions he made.

bulldogsthru&thru
13-08-2020, 04:06 PM
I don't discount your sources, but at the same time i would be shocked if this was the actual case, and not perhaps how the Hunter's may've framed it.
The club and Bevo were pretty vocal early days about both the sanctions and the direct support and contact with Lachie.

Yeah I’d be shocked if this were the case too. If there is truth to this then my god we are in disarray and Bevo has lost the plot. Unfortunately there isn’t much going on Bevos favour right now.

comrade
13-08-2020, 04:10 PM

I hope he stays.

If this is true, this combined with our form would be making the Hub a real barrel of laughs right now I'd imagine.

AshMac
13-08-2020, 04:39 PM

That’s fair, I’m not going into details to validate source and know you aren’t asking - but I’m sticking by what I’ve said. what I heard 2 weeks ago and what Caro said on FootyClassified Last night are exactly the same story in terms of the clubs response and the families feelings.

If the report of the response from the dogs is accurate - I wouldn’t blame him at all for questioning whether to remain with us or not.

AshMac
13-08-2020, 04:40 PM
If this is true, this combined with our form would be making the Hub a real barrel of laughs right now I'd imagine.

Absolutely. I actually thought he might have gone back to Melbourne.

bornadog
13-08-2020, 05:04 PM
If the report of the response from the dogs is accurate - I wouldn’t blame him at all for questioning whether to remain with us or not.

Why? He is the one that made the mess and he should fix it. He has let down his team mates, the coach, the club and the fans

azabob
13-08-2020, 05:28 PM
Why? He is the one that made the mess and he should fix it. He has let down his team mates, the coach, the club and the fans

Not sure its always that black and white.

Regardless of who is at fault the club preaches love and support (in particular Bevo) but if behind closed doors it isn't reality we have a problem.

Vred
13-08-2020, 05:53 PM
By god if our club *!*!*!*!s up and we somehow lose Lachie because our football department is inept at their jobs I’ll be marching on Whitten Oval until something changes.

Yes, Lachie *!*!*!*!ed up, but in my eyes with everything 2020 brings his done his stint, he did his time and now the club should reward him with game time. We need him on the field, and losing him to another club because of whatever reason Bevo wants to pull out his ass, will be the last straw for me.

comrade
13-08-2020, 05:55 PM
By god if our club *!*!*!*!s up and we somehow lose Lachie because our football department is inept at their jobs I’ll be marching on Whitten Oval until something changes.

Yes, Lachie *!*!*!*!ed up, but in my eyes with everything 2020 brings his done his stint, he did his time and now the club should reward him with game time. We need him on the field, and losing him to another club because of whatever reason Bevo wants to pull out his ass, will be the last straw for me.

I understand it doesn't sound great at the moment, but let's cool the jets until more information emerges.

AshMac
13-08-2020, 06:01 PM

What Azabob said.

Yes he messed up, yes he amplified it with his actions later, yes he was VC. He is also a human being and by no means perfect and I’ll judge him on how he behaves from here on.

He has been Teflon in his time with us. Signed on the line with no fuss or strong arming of contracts when it was his turn. He has been a loyal player and has earned the right to a second chance.

Vred
13-08-2020, 06:11 PM
Yes he made the mess, and punishment was handed down in the forms of fines, game ban, and off-field punishments that are going to haunt him for the next couple of years. I don’t remember anyone here saying his punishments were too light.. His served them all with grace and thats that, he did the crime, he did the time, there is nothing more for him to ‘’make up for’’. No idea why we wouldn’t be playing him when his ready to go.

Topdog
13-08-2020, 06:28 PM
What Azabob said.

Yes he messed up, yes he amplified it with his actions later, yes he was VC. He is also a human being and by no means perfect and I’ll judge him on how he behaves from here on.

He has been Teflon in his time with us. Signed on the line with no fuss or strong arming of contracts when it was his turn. He has been a loyal player and has earned the right to a second chance.

He has a second chance. We've actually already selected him to play, it was him who asked for more time and to not be selected again at the moment.

jeemak
13-08-2020, 06:44 PM
It is a tough question - For me, it comes back to any underlying factors that caused him to drink to excess and make the decisions he made.

It was initially reported that he was having relationship issues at the time. If that's the case I think it's important to remember that plenty of people have personal issues and don't respond by driving cars pissed and placing the public at risk.

However, there's always more to a story and I have no idea about what's going on.

Grantysghost
13-08-2020, 06:51 PM
It was initially reported that he was having relationship issues at the time. If that's the case I think it's important to remember that plenty of people have personal issues and don't respond by driving cars pissed and placing the public at risk.

However, there's always more to a story and I have no idea about what's going on.

Also didn't he request not to play or take a break after he played a couple. Or are we sensing more here than meets the eye. Because I find it absurd to think he can say when he shouldn't and should be selected. Have to say I'm giving this story little substance; otherwise Lachie comes off as completely unreasonable and history shows he isn't.

bornadog
13-08-2020, 06:55 PM
Not sure its always that black and white.

Regardless of who is at fault the club preaches love and support (in particular Bevo) but if behind closed doors it isn't reality we have a problem.

Did you read what I responded too?

You must know me by now, I like to hear both sides of every story, and that is why I don't like BS things made up (talking in general now)

I make no conclusions with this story.

AshMac
13-08-2020, 06:59 PM
He has a second chance. We've actually already selected him to play, it was him who asked for more time and to not be selected again at the moment.

Not responding to him being selected, I’m responding to the claims about a rift in relation to the way he was treated by Bevo after the incident earlier in the year.

On the topic of selection though - we know Bevo can often hold a grudge and that emotion influences his decisions. I really hope - and don’t know one way or the other - that there isn’t a grudge as that should be behind them after he played his first game back; when his second chance for team selection started.

Topdog
13-08-2020, 07:16 PM
I guess I'm more saying that the whole thing doesn't add up. If there were a grudge we would not have selected him 5 or whatever weeks ago.
If he were upset why now and not 5 weeks ago.

GVGjr
13-08-2020, 07:43 PM
I guess I'm more saying that the whole thing doesn't add up. If there were a grudge we would not have selected him 5 or whatever weeks ago.
If he were upset why now and not 5 weeks ago.

Exactly. I suspect this rumor is more around a father pushing the agenda to suit his son and creating a headline
It should be able to be sorted out quickly.

If I felt there was any level of truth that Hunter is upset with the club or Bevo and is looking to depart I'd quickly be reconsidering if he should be played for the balance of the season.

I really don't think there is a lot to this

Axe Man
13-08-2020, 07:44 PM
Not responding to him being selected, I’m responding to the claims about a rift in relation to the way he was treated by Bevo after the incident earlier in the year.

On the topic of selection though - we know Bevo can often hold a grudge and that emotion influences his decisions. I really hope - and don’t know one way or the other - that there isn’t a grudge as that should be behind them after he played his first game back; when his second chance for team selection started.

We know this how?

Everything we hear about Bevo is how he is such a nurturing, caring coach. I have no idea if there is any substance to these rumours but it goes against how people speak of Bevo publicly.

AshMac
13-08-2020, 08:05 PM
We know this how?

Everything we hear about Bevo is how he is such a nurturing, caring coach. I have no idea if there is any substance to these rumours but it goes against how people speak of Bevo publicly.

The way he behaved publicly to both Talia and Stringer leaving the club. Not knocking his decisions, nor am I commenting on theIr departures - but it is abundantly clear the guy wears his heart on his sleeve and emotion impacts his decision making and behaviour. His relationship with Barrett is so obvious tht he holds a grudge. Barrett is a dickhead, surely amongst this cohort he isn’t alone in that grudge - but he holds them!

I have heard these rumours are true and I believe there is a rift in his and Bevos relationship. I’m basing my standpoint on word from people I trust will know - and only on how Hunter feels, not on Bevos character. I hope we work through it.

None of us have spoken directly to hunter Or Bevo directly so this will always be divisive.

jeemak
13-08-2020, 08:10 PM
Thanks for sharing AshMac.

You didn't have to put what you have out there, appreciate you doing so.

GVGjr
13-08-2020, 08:13 PM
Thanks AshMac, appreciate the insights

FrediKanoute
13-08-2020, 08:27 PM

Spot on 2020 is a completely different year and you have to judge performance and behavior differently. not footy related, but during lock down we had junior staff expected to work from home. They are expected to processing work, but without the 2/3 screens, access to fast internet, scanners etc that are in the office. On top of this many live in muti-people house shares where communal work space is limited and they are forced to work in bedrooms etc. Do we judge their performance with the same standard as we would outside of lockdown?

Lachie F*ckd up. Lachie was and is being punished. Lachie now deserves support and understanding. You are dead right. If we lose Lachie because have poorly managed a situation that is a clear pointer to their being something wrong in our approach.....an alarming pattern.

Vred
13-08-2020, 09:09 PM
Lachie F*ckd up. Lachie was and is being punished. Lachie now deserves support and understanding. You are dead right. If we lose Lachie because have poorly managed a situation that is a clear pointer to their being something wrong in our approach.....an alarming pattern.

IF Lachie walks after resigning just last year until 2024 because of our football department, that is the final red flag for me in a line of red flags. Losing Roughead, a life long dogs supporter and clubman was hard enough, losing a father-son vice-captain of our club due to a grudge or bad treatment behind the scenes will be it for me, at what point do members start standing up and demanding change.

1eyedog
13-08-2020, 09:37 PM
IF Lachie walks after resigning just last year until 2024 because of our football department, that is the final red flag for me in a line of red flags. Losing Roughead, a life long dogs supporter and clubman was hard enough, losing a father-son vice-captain of our club due to a grudge or bad treatment behind the scenes will be it for me, at what point do members start standing up and demanding change.

Without knowing anything I wouldn't be surprised to hear that Lachie and Mark weren't the easiest people to deal with.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
14-08-2020, 01:35 AM

If he is selected this week, i call total bullshit to this story

SonofScray
14-08-2020, 09:31 AM
It did seem odd to me that he played in a scratch match while being held back on his own request. Might have been more to it.

azabob
14-08-2020, 09:44 AM
It did seem odd to me that he played in a scratch match while being held back on his own request. Might have been more to it.

My understanding was when he played in last weeks scratch match, he wanted to play in the seniors but the club said no. So he said I am playing in the scratch match then.

Again everything is pure speculation.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
14-08-2020, 11:29 AM
My understanding was when he played in last weeks scratch match, he wanted to play in the seniors but the club said no. So he said I am playing in the scratch match then.

Again everything is pure speculation.

If Lachie plays this week, I think it would suggest both he and the club believe any issue between them is resolvable.

Ozza
14-08-2020, 11:41 AM
If Lachie plays this week, I think it would suggest both he and the club believe any issue between them is resolvable.
Lets hope he is picked. We need him playing. And we don't yet need another senior player headed to another club.

Axe Man
14-08-2020, 01:19 PM
All this because of a disagreement over a calf injury...

Hunter to play Crows, trade speculation 'made up': Beveridge (https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/hunter-to-play-crows-trade-speculation-made-up-beveridge-20200814-p55lp4.html)

Lachie Hunter will return to the Western Bulldogs' side for Sunday's match against Adelaide, with coach Luke Beveridge saying the former vice-captain won't be leaving in 2021 despite reports linking him with the Brisbane Lions.

Footy Classified reported earlier this week that the Lions were interested in Hunter, and that the player's relationship with his club was currently strained.

Beveridge said on Friday morning that the report was "a made-up story".

"I don't know where it's come from. It has either come from his management or [Footy Classified] ... I am sure Lachie is not shopping himself around," Beveridge said.

"It's a non-issue, he is contracted ... he is happy, content and he has no desire to leave our footy club.

"Lachie is red, white and blue through and through."

In April Hunter was suspended for four weeks for allegedly breaching the AFL's coronavirus lock down rules. He returned for two games and has then missed the last four due to personal reasons.

Beveridge said Hunter was initially told he would be selected before the last game but he was then withdrawn from the team with a calf problem. However, he did play in a scratch match.

"We had Lachie lined up to play but he had a little bit of an issue with a calf during training," the 2016 premiership coach said.

"As it turned out he felt pretty good post-session so as part of his journey to get back we played him in the scratch match anyway but we didn't want to take that risk after he'd been out for so long into a [senior] game."

Beveridge also confirmed 2016 Norm Smith Medal winner Jason Johannisen (ankle) would miss after a mishap at training.

The coach said his club's current focus was not on making finals, it was simply to improve their consistency over four quarters which has been missing all season.

"We haven't been able to establish that [consistency] yet," he said. "Sunday is another opportunity to go to work on that, concentrate on it.

"The Crows are improving, they have challenged teams in recent times.

"We understand we are playing a team that is desperate for its first victory and if we are off we are vulnerable.

"What we haven't controlled well enough is our output and our energy for the whole game often enough. We will be aware of the background noise that the Crows are creeping up on their first victory.

"We've just got to make sure it doesn't happen."

bulldogsthru&thru
14-08-2020, 01:39 PM
All this because of a disagreement over a calf injury...

Hunter to play Crows, trade speculation 'made up': Beveridge (https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/hunter-to-play-crows-trade-speculation-made-up-beveridge-20200814-p55lp4.html)

Lachie Hunter will return to the Western Bulldogs' side for Sunday's match against Adelaide, with coach Luke Beveridge saying the former vice-captain won't be leaving in 2021 despite reports linking him with the Brisbane Lions.

Footy Classified reported earlier this week that the Lions were interested in Hunter, and that the player's relationship with his club was currently strained.

Beveridge said on Friday morning that the report was "a made-up story".

"I don't know where it's come from. It has either come from his management or [Footy Classified] ... I am sure Lachie is not shopping himself around," Beveridge said.

"It's a non-issue, he is contracted ... he is happy, content and he has no desire to leave our footy club.

"Lachie is red, white and blue through and through."

In April Hunter was suspended for four weeks for allegedly breaching the AFL's coronavirus lock down rules. He returned for two games and has then missed the last four due to personal reasons.

Beveridge said Hunter was initially told he would be selected before the last game but he was then withdrawn from the team with a calf problem. However, he did play in a scratch match.

"We had Lachie lined up to play but he had a little bit of an issue with a calf during training," the 2016 premiership coach said.

"As it turned out he felt pretty good post-session so as part of his journey to get back we played him in the scratch match anyway but we didn't want to take that risk after he'd been out for so long into a [senior] game."

Beveridge also confirmed 2016 Norm Smith Medal winner Jason Johannisen (ankle) would miss after a mishap at training.

The coach said his club's current focus was not on making finals, it was simply to improve their consistency over four quarters which has been missing all season.

"We haven't been able to establish that [consistency] yet," he said. "Sunday is another opportunity to go to work on that, concentrate on it.

"The Crows are improving, they have challenged teams in recent times.

"We understand we are playing a team that is desperate for its first victory and if we are off we are vulnerable.

"What we haven't controlled well enough is our output and our energy for the whole game often enough. We will be aware of the background noise that the Crows are creeping up on their first victory.

"We've just got to make sure it doesn't happen."

That's an interesting thing to say.....

bornadog
14-08-2020, 01:55 PM

Football managers are in it for themselves. Pretty sure Bevo doesn't have one and despises the leeches. :D

Axe Man
14-08-2020, 02:01 PM

I imagine the club are still pissed off at Connors for the role he played in the drink driving incident.

Ozza
14-08-2020, 02:03 PM

Yeah, the statements don't really put the speculation to bed for me at all at this point in time.

Topdog
14-08-2020, 02:06 PM
Yeah, the statements don't really put the speculation to bed for me at all at this point in time.

He is in the team. Many were criticising Bevo yesterday and talking about the perceived grudge being held.

Now that he is selected we still aren't satisfied?

bornadog
14-08-2020, 02:08 PM
I imagine the club are still pissed off at Connors for the role he played in the drink driving incident.

I don't know what happened, but I am speculating Connors told him to go to Gowers place. Pretty sure the club wouldn't say that.

Ozza
14-08-2020, 02:38 PM
He is in the team. Many were criticising Bevo yesterday and talking about the perceived grudge being held.

Now that he is selected we still aren't satisfied?

I'm satisfied that he is in the team.
But just because Bevo says that Lachie isn't going to Brisbane, or shopping himself around, doesn't mean that it has been put to bed 100%. I doubt this is the last we hear of the speculation - is what I'm suggesting.

AshMac
14-08-2020, 03:49 PM
I'm satisfied that he is in the team.
But just because Bevo says that Lachie isn't going to Brisbane, or shopping himself around, doesn't mean that it has been put to bed 100%. I doubt this is the last we hear of the speculation - is what I'm suggesting.

Agree on both counts. Doesn’t squash the rumour for me. Him being named is great - but also expected at this point if he is fit and available.

Regardless of subtext, I’m glad that was the narrative at the press conference.

azabob
14-08-2020, 06:34 PM
Here is Bevo's actual press conference.

Around the 2.30 mark he talks about Lachie's injury and around the 6 min mark Beveridge is asked directly (asked extremely poorly by the journo) on the trade rumor.

https://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/video/795034/luke-beveridge-it-s-about-perseverance-and-persistence?videoId=795034&modal=true&type=video&publishFrom=1597375929001

Grantysghost
14-08-2020, 06:50 PM

Around the 2.30 mark he talks about Lachie's injury and around the 6 min mark Beveridge is asked directly (asked extremely poorly by the journo) on the trade rumor.

https://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/video/795034/luke-beveridge-it-s-about-perseverance-and-persistence?videoId=795034&modal=true&type=video&publishFrom=1597375929001

I want to be at that caravan park! Deck chair out the front, couple of beers, watch the boys train....heaven.

bornadog
14-08-2020, 08:34 PM

For me its convincing. A mountain out of a mole hill

AshMac
14-08-2020, 09:16 PM
I want to be at that caravan park! Deck chair out the front, couple of beers, watch the boys train....heaven.

Amen! I’ll bring the chips and a bottle - could sit there all day.

SonofScray
16-08-2020, 08:12 PM
For me its convincing. A mountain out of a mole hill

Hunter's reaction today said enough I think. Unless there was a bit of Brad Hardie in it, which I doubt.

bornadog
16-08-2020, 08:21 PM
Hunter's reaction today said enough I think. Unless there was a bit of Brad Hardie in it, which I doubt.

Nah, he would have taken it off and waved it at the coach's box :D

After the game he said he was letting everyone know how much the club means to him.

Stick that up your jumper Media

Remi Moses
16-08-2020, 09:10 PM
His work rate is second to none
Highlighted in the call

Eastdog
17-08-2020, 12:01 AM
His work rate is second to none
Highlighted in the call

Missed my votes today but yes I thought he was excellent. One of our hardest working players out there today.

AshMac
17-08-2020, 08:44 AM
We look a much better team with him in the side. So much more composed going between the arches.

Got to keep reminding myself it was Adelaide. Hope it was the shot of confidence that need to bring that to next week as well

Mofra
17-08-2020, 09:26 AM
Nah, he would have taken it off and waved it at the coach's box :D

After the game he said he was letting everyone know how much the club means to him.

Stick that up your jumper Media
Players don't do what Lachie did unless they're 100% on board.
They don't gut-run the way Lachie does either.

Ozza
17-08-2020, 10:42 AM
Players don't do what Lachie did unless they're 100% on board.
They don't gut-run the way Lachie does either.

Unless they are Luke Dahlhaus....who used to jumper grab and beat the chest for us.....and now does for Geelong!

bulldogsthru&thru
17-08-2020, 11:09 AM
Unless they are Luke Dahlhaus....who used to jumper grab and beat the chest for us.....and now does for Geelong!

Yeah that's true. But I feel we pushed Luke out a bit more than him wanting to leave us.

GVGjr
17-08-2020, 11:13 AM
Yeah that's true. But I feel we pushed Luke out a bit more than him wanting to leave us.

I really don't think there was a lot more we could have done for Luke as his form had diminished since the flag.
He just got a better off and left us

bulldogsthru&thru
17-08-2020, 11:31 AM
I really don't think there was a lot more we could have done for Luke as his form had diminished since the flag.
He just got a better off and left us

Yeah I think the writing was on the wall for him with us. He was being pushed out by some others like Dunks. His limitations meant he probably wouldn't have gotten a regular game for us and for the money he wanted it wasn't worth keeping him. I mean where would he fit in our side right now? Perhaps a pressure forward? But his kicking for goal is horrendous. Other than that he's midfield backup in the case someone goes down. Not something we want for someone who would have been on fairly decent coin.

bornadog
17-08-2020, 12:08 PM

Why would he say he did it because of his feelings for the club?

bornadog
17-08-2020, 12:09 PM

We gave him a 3 year offer and Geelong gave him 4 and alot more money.

GVGjr
17-08-2020, 12:12 PM
We gave him a 3 year offer and Geelong gave him 4 and alot more money.

It's as simple as that. His form had been average with us and he was one of a number of distracted players we had after the flag

Geelong saw more value in him than we did. He chose the better financial offer as is his right.

bulldogsthru&thru
17-08-2020, 12:15 PM
It's as simple as that. His form had been average with us and he was one of a number of distracted players we had after the flag

Geelong saw more value in him than we did. He chose the better financial offer as is his right.

Yes agree 100%. But I take that more as us not giving him what he wanted (and rightfully so) and subsequently he left for a better offer (and rightfully so again) rather than him just wanting to leave the club like was rumoured to be the case with Hunter.

bornadog
17-08-2020, 12:22 PM
Yes agree 100%. But I take that more as us not giving him what he wanted (and rightfully so) and subsequently he left for a better offer (and rightfully so again) rather than him just wanting to leave the club like was rumoured to be the case with Hunter.

The rumour was just that.

Interesting to listening to Bevo on SEN and his relationship with Hunter. See the podcast thread.

Axe Man
17-08-2020, 02:39 PM
https://i.postimg.cc/2jQRV4m4/hunter.jpg (https://postimg.cc/8sznYf75)

bornadog
17-08-2020, 03:24 PM
https://i.postimg.cc/2jQRV4m4/hunter.jpg (https://postimg.cc/8sznYf75)

I rate this bloke along Bont, Naughton, Macrae, English in importance for the club

Ozza
17-08-2020, 03:45 PM
Why would he say he did it because of his feelings for the club?

I think I may not have quite gotten across that my comment on Dahlhaus was pretty light hearted.

Was merely saying that Dahlhaus used to beat his chest and grab his jumper whenever he kicked a goal for us, and then as soon as he got to Geelong started doing the same thing.

bornadog
17-08-2020, 03:51 PM
I think I may not have quite gotten across that my comment on Dahlhaus was pretty light hearted.

Was merely saying that Dahlhaus used to beat his chest and grab his jumper whenever he kicked a goal for us, and then as soon as he got to Geelong started doing the same thing.

No worries, thanks

Ozza
17-08-2020, 04:15 PM
But seeing as it has been discussed a bit....Dahlhaus spoke a few times about his love for the club and how we gave him a chance and how he'd do whatever he could to repay the faith. And he and many other players and coaches have spoken like that over the years.
The reality is that the AFL business can be pretty fickle, and attitudes and can swing pretty abruptly with wins, losses, selection and form - and clubs, players and coaches all craft their message pretty carefully to protect themselves.

comrade
17-08-2020, 04:21 PM
But seeing as it has been discussed a bit....Dahlhaus spoke a few times about his love for the club and how we gave him a chance and how he'd do whatever he could to repay the faith. And he and many other players and coaches have spoken like that over the years.
The reality is that the AFL business can be pretty fickle, and attitudes and can swing pretty abruptly with wins, losses, selection and form - and clubs, players and coaches all craft their message pretty carefully to protect themselves.

Without knowing what's really happening behind the scenes, I'm glad that Lachie is talking up his love for the club and Bevo is also publicly affirming his importance to the side. Much different to the Stringer approach.

Remi Moses
17-08-2020, 04:37 PM
Dahlhaus didn’t get near it after 2016
Good move for both parties .

josie
17-08-2020, 08:25 PM
Dahlhaus didn’t get near it after 2016
Good move for both parties .

My hazy recollections are Dahl got a reasonable amount of ball but butchered it more than normal. Agree it was time to part ways.

Bulldog4life
19-08-2020, 04:51 PM
Caroline Wilson is wrong far more than she is right. Without a doubt.

Axe Man
08-09-2020, 12:57 PM
The wing kings: Check out the top 12 based on 'pure' numbers (https://www.afl.com.au/news/497382/the-wing-kings-check-out-the-top-12-based-on-pure-numbers)

IT IS one of the game's most important roles, but who are the best at it?

The wingman is each club's connector: the hard-running, usually skilful, vital member of the midfield who can be a defensive cog as well as an attacking force.

But it is often a job neglected in the Virgin Australia AFL All Australian team, with inside-the-centre midfielders usually pushed out to a wing role when the best 22 is selected every season.

Last year's All-Australian wingmen, Western Bulldogs' Marcus Bontempelli and Geelong's Tim Kelly, spent 1.2 per cent and 9.7 per cent of their respective seasons playing as wingmen.

But if this year's team included pure wingmen, who would get the spots?

Champion Data has scoured the competition to find 12 of the AFL's best wingmen – some established, some emerging and some who do their work across the ground – to assess who would have claims on an All-Australian spot.

Lachie Hunter (Western Bulldogs)
In fewer matches than other contenders the premiership Bulldog continues to show his class. Spending 75 per cent of his game time on the wing, Hunter is perhaps the competition's best. He leads the group for disposals, and is ranked elite in uncontested possessions, metres gained, score involvements, disposals and AFL Player Ratings.

azabob
08-09-2020, 01:06 PM
The wing kings: Check out the top 12 based on 'pure' numbers (https://www.afl.com.au/news/497382/the-wing-kings-check-out-the-top-12-based-on-pure-numbers)

Lachie Hunter (Western Bulldogs)
In fewer matches than other contenders the premiership Bulldog continues to show his class. Spending 75 per cent of his game time on the wing, Hunter is perhaps the competition's best. He leads the group for disposals, and is ranked elite in uncontested possessions, metres gained, score involvements, disposals and AFL Player Ratings.

Pre mid 2019 I under appreciated and underrated Lachie Hunter.

His onfield leadership, football IQ and gut running is few and far between in our team.

I think it is fair to say he is potentially in our top five most important players.

bornadog
08-09-2020, 01:11 PM
Pre mid 2019 I under appreciated and underrated Lachie Hunter.

His onfield leadership, football IQ and gut running is few and far between in our team.

I think it is fair to say he is potentially in our top five most important players.

Thanks for agreeing with me :)

I have said it a few times he is elite and an important player for us.

Hotdog60
08-09-2020, 07:43 PM
His a vital cog but he can also frustrate at times.:)

dog town
09-09-2020, 06:45 AM
Never really understood why Hunter hasn’t been as highly rated as he should be by Bulldogs supporters. If there is a player we don’t want to lose I would argue he is probably number 1 in terms of importance. Huge in all 3 phases of the game and a critical on field leader, incredible football IQ and constantly organising on field.

soupman
09-09-2020, 11:53 AM
Never really understood why Hunter hasn’t been as highly rated as he should be by Bulldogs supporters. If there is a player we don’t want to lose I would argue he is probably number 1 in terms of importance. Huge in all 3 phases of the game and a critical on field leader, incredible football IQ and constantly organising on field.

Yeah I'm pretty big on him. I guess it's his dinky kicking style making him look almost lazy when he gets rid of it, especially when he doesn't hit the target, which is funny because his work rate is actually phenomenal.

dog town
09-09-2020, 01:24 PM
Yeah I'm pretty big on him. I guess it's his dinky kicking style making him look almost lazy when he gets rid of it, especially when he doesn't hit the target, which is funny because his work rate is actually phenomenal. That’s a perception, he is often linking up and then looking ahead to see an out number. Very clever kick with ability to weight the ball or kick with different trajectory based on what’s ahead of him. Often has to hold the ball and wait for options to present etc.

josie
09-09-2020, 07:24 PM
I have a better appreciation of him seeing what we missed when he was not playing and how much he has contributed since his return. Along with Naughts, Bont , Daniel, Keath & Macrae (and x fingers we can add Tim soon) amongst our most important 6 players.

Axe Man
23-11-2020, 12:12 PM
Western Bulldogs star Lachie Hunter’s fiancee posts heartbreaking Instagram message (https://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/western-bulldogs-star-lachie-hunters-fiance-posts-heartbreaking-instagram-message/news-story/4ca9bfd69a0f258fb45a34abf7deafab)

The fiancee of AFL star Lachie Hunter has gone public with her emotional decision to walk away from treatment after heartbreaking news.

Western Bulldogs star Lachie Hunter’s fiancee Maddison Sullivan-Thorpe has revealed her heartbreaking battle with IVF in an emotional Instagram post.

The couple, who celebrated their engagement last year, have announced their decision to walk away from parenthood after enduring five failed rounds of the in vitro fertilisation process.

Sullivan-Thorpe made the news public over the weekend where she revealed she has had 149 injections administered over the two-year journey of their attempts to fall pregnant.

Despite giving up for now, the post also makes it clear the couple haven’t given up hope of becoming parents one day.

“Man this has sucked, sucked so much of my time, energy and emotional capability,” Sullivan-Thorpe wrote on Instagram.

“It’s made me face my two greatest fears, constantly feeling weak and helplessly out of control.

“But man it’s made me tough and emotionally I know now nothing can break me.

“Motherhood sounds so f***ing magical, I’m sure it is every bit as lovely and brilliant as everyone describes.

“But... I’ve also met and spoken with some pretty happy, loved up women who for a variety of reasons have not had children; and you know what they seem to have found some pretty darn special magic in their lives too.

“2 years since all this began and I am finally at peace with whatever the future holds for me.

“Kids don’t equal happiness and it’s so damn comforting for people like me, crippled by uncertainty to know that.

“To my people thank you for always being patient, understanding, empathetic and equally for snapping me out of it when I was being a straight up sook!

“Lastly to Dr Rachael Knight without whom I would have most certainly given up — thank you for your continual guidance and transparency, but most of all thank you for always ALWAYS being gentle, empathetic and understanding.

“Time to put down the needles and start living my best life.”

Sullivan-Thorpe and Hunter have already received supporting messages from former AFL WAG and Instagram influencer Abbie Gilmore — as well as Hunter’s teammates Mitch Wallis and Josh Bruce.

The couple also revealed their conception battles last year when Sullivan-Thorpe posted a photo of her during her third round of IVF treatment.

“It’s not been easy to share, most times it’s felt uncomfortable and very ‘me me me’, but I wanted to fight the shame and resentment I (and many others) feel towards their bodies,” she wrote on Instagram.

“IVF isn’t embarrassing, not every baby comes from the birds and the bees textbook, and while it feels heartbreaking and unfair, it’s life.

“I don’t know how this round will go, but I do know that whatever path we land on I have an incredible little tribe around me.

“To the women and men who walk this path, I feel so deeply for you — it’s one hell of a fight, physically, emotionally and financially. But remember we are only given what we can handle.”

It comes after Hunter was this year embroiled in a police matter where he was fined for breaching public health orders after he allegedly drove a vehicle into several parked cars on a suburban street.

He was sentenced to a $1000 fine and a 12-month licence disqualification without a conviction recorded. He was also hit with a $5000 fine by the Western Bulldogs and received a four-game suspension.

It was reportedly revealed at the time a row with Sullivan-Thorpe was the trigger behind Hunter’s incident.

The Herald Sun reported Hunter and his childhood sweetheart were involved in a big fight. According to friends quoted by the newspaper, Hunter then left to seek an escape from the dispute and was travelling to teammate Billy Gowers’ house when he allegedly crashed a Toyota SUV into parked cars in the suburb of Middle Park.

The Herald Sun reports the argument with Sullivan-Thorpe “rocked” Hunter and left him in an out-of-sorts headspace.

Scraggers
23-11-2020, 12:19 PM
This is still no excuse for his actions, but does shed some light on the inner turmoil he has been dealing with. My heart goes out to him and his partner. I hope this decision can help him move forward stronger than ever.

The bulldog tragician
23-11-2020, 12:35 PM
Maddie has previously written on IG about the fact that she is going through IVF because she has a rare condition causing early menopause, this must inevitably have been a really tough thing for them to both go through and explains the mental health challenges for Lachie.

Topdog
23-11-2020, 12:59 PM
This is still no excuse for his actions, but does shed some light on the inner turmoil he has been dealing with. My heart goes out to him and his partner. I hope this decision can help him move forward stronger than ever.

Yeah spot on Scraggers, no excuse for what he did but bloody hell what a shitty situation. 100+ injections is crazy. My wife and I went down this path with a happy ending twice and it was a still pretty terrible to go through.

Grantysghost
23-11-2020, 01:00 PM
Unless you’ve been through this you can’t understand the heartbreak. It’s completely changed the story for me regarding Lachie. Short of posting sensitive information here I can say it’s the most gut wrenching and emotionally draining experience I’ve had, and to put that into context I lost a parent to dementia recently and all the years of struggle that go with that I’d put multiple failed cycles of IVF on a par. Not many would truly understand what’s involved emotionally and physically especially for the women involved, it takes an incredible toll.
Hope they’re getting all the support they need.

bornadog
23-11-2020, 01:14 PM
Unless you’ve been through this you can’t understand the heartbreak. It’s completely changed the story for me regarding Lachie. Short of posting sensitive information here I can say it’s the most gut wrenching and emotionally draining experience I’ve had, and to put that into context I lost a parent to dementia recently and all the years of struggle that go with that I’d put multiple failed cycles of IVF on a par. Not many would truly understand what’s involved emotionally and physically especially for the women involved, it’s takes an incredible toll.

I hope you and your family are ok.

Twodogs
23-11-2020, 01:23 PM
Unless you’ve been through this you can’t understand the heartbreak. It’s completely changed the story for me regarding Lachie. Short of posting sensitive information here I can say it’s the most gut wrenching and emotionally draining experience I’ve had, and to put that into context I lost a parent to dementia recently and all the years of struggle that go with that I’d put multiple failed cycles of IVF on a par. Not many would truly understand what’s involved emotionally and physically especially for the women involved, it’s takes an incredible toll.

I hope things look up soon for you GG. I know what it's like to lose a parent and I've done a lot of work with dementia sufferers and have seen the suffering and sadness it causes.

I hope things improve for you soon.

Grantysghost
23-11-2020, 01:37 PM
I hope you and your family are ok.

Cheers Bad. Thanks for that. Doing well... It's like a test match. All facets are tested! :cool: IVF is an incredible roller coaster of emotion. Each phase whittles away at the viable candidates over the length of the cycle, it's a real test of one's inner mettle and resilience, until finally with a hole in your wallet, and a little in your collective hearts for some you walk away empty handed.
Then, you pick yourself up, repeat it again filled with hope and wonder and the dream of what might be. Unfortunately for many the dream doesn't realise, however with the right support you can certainly pick yourself up and move on it just takes time.
Certainly can empathise with Lachie. You never really know what's going on for people that's for sure. Football really isn't that important after all... *ducks and leaves quickly*

Grantysghost
23-11-2020, 01:40 PM
I hope things look up soon for you GG. I know what it's like to lose a parent and I've done a lot of work with dementia sufferers and have seen the suffering and sadness it causes.

I hope things improve for you soon.

Cheers TD. Yes it's a terrible disease you wouldn't wish it on your worst enemy. Anyone involved in supporting it is amazing in my book!

Twodogs
23-11-2020, 08:40 PM
Cheers TD. Yes it's a terrible disease you wouldn't wish it on your worst enemy. Anyone involved in supporting it is amazing in my book!

Looking after people is what I was born to do. I didn't find my way into caring professions until my mid 30s (I as working in admin until then) but as soon as I did I knew it was what I really wanted to do.

It's an honour to be allowed to do it.