PDA

View Full Version : Rate a player: Nat Fyfe

Dry Rot
01-07-2020, 08:40 PM
Came across a long, detailed analysis of Nat Fyfe - worth a read:

The curious case of Nat Fyfe: why the dual AFL Brownlow winner may never please his critics

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-07-01/the-curious-case-of-nat-fyfe-afl-fremantle-dockers/12404080

I don't get to see much Dockers much, so where do you stand in this argument?

Twodogs
01-07-2020, 08:57 PM
I don't often agree with Malthouse because frankly he gives me the shits and often talks rubbish but I found this quote interesting.

"He's got an attitude that 'I don't have to defend"

I saw Fyfe attempt to tackle Rowell on the weekend. Now Rowell is a good player but he's done 1 preseason and Fyfe bounced off him like he was made out of rubber. If he'd made a fool out of me like that and I was a dual Brownlow medalist with a hard body I'd have made it my business to seek Rowell out and take him down.

Bailey Smith would have-that's one of the things that makes him so special. I know that Fyfe injured his hamstring and didn't finish the game out but he didn't seem interested in evening up the ledger with Rowell at all to me.

jeemak
01-07-2020, 09:34 PM
Out and out gun. Hard at it.

Just plays for Fremantle and suffers from the same issues Pavlich did, in that if the WA media doesn't give enough credit to a player the Victorian media certainly wouldn't and much like Pavlich in his prime, there's not really another player in the competition who I would have over Fyfe.

And yeah, Malthouse is an old curmudgeon who probably thinks the scary old man in the first Home Alone movie would have been better off continuing the rift with his son. There's no way he's going to cop a person like Nat Fyfe.

bornadog
01-07-2020, 09:51 PM
One of the best in the game, top three mid, would have him in a heartbeat.