PDA

View Full Version : What's happened to rushed behinds?

Twodogs
02-07-2020, 09:24 PM
Is it not a free kick anymore to rush a behind when a player isn't under too much direct pressure? Defenders seem to be pinging them over the goalline from all sorts of angles when forwards are nowhere near them.

FrediKanoute
02-07-2020, 11:16 PM
Another poorly thought out, unnecessary rule change........

bornadog
02-07-2020, 11:33 PM
It's still a rule apparently, but like Fredi said another rule that was unnecessary. There is nothing wrong with rushing a behind.

Remi Moses
02-07-2020, 11:36 PM
Once again smash a grape with a sledgehammer
Gets over corrected like everything .
Human outcry after the 08 GF and now we have players frightened to force a point

Bulldog Joe
03-07-2020, 09:40 AM
I actually like the idea of the rule, but feel it has never been adjudicated well.

It should be applied in the same way as deliberate out of bounds or not exist at all.

hujsh
03-07-2020, 11:54 AM
I think it's done exactly what it was intended to do. Stamp out incidents like Patrick Bowden kicking the ball to himself and then slowly walking it back over the line for another point to waste time.

I also think players seem less inclined to rush the ball especially when they take possession of it. For the most part it's maybe the most successful role change this century.

Sedat
03-07-2020, 12:29 PM
It's still a rule apparently, but like Fredi said another rule that was unnecessary. There is nothing wrong with rushing a behind.
Do you want to see Hawthorn rushing 14 behinds in a game like they did in the 2008 GF? Or Joen Bowden in a game walking the ball back over the line 4 times in a row to waste time when they were a goal up?