PDA

View Full Version : Beautiful problems

Mofra
05-07-2020, 11:11 AM
We have some problems at the kennel, but some of them are great to have

I'll start with our midfielders who can win their own ball. What to do with them all? I'd love to have West take the occasional centre bounce, but can we actually do it? Macrae has been trialled on a wing which had to happen more, and Libba has been a revelation. What happens when Dunkley is fit?

comrade
05-07-2020, 11:22 AM
We have some problems at the kennel, but some of them are great to have

I'll start with our midfielders who can win their own ball. What to do with them all? I'd love to have West take the occasional centre bounce, but can we actually do it? Macrae has been trialled on a wing which had to happen more, and Libba has been a revelation. What happens when Dunkley is fit?

What happens with Naughton if the Bruce/Schache combo works like it did last night?

Happy Days
05-07-2020, 11:25 AM
What happens with Naughton if the Bruce/Schache combo works like it did last night?

Play em all. Naughton is hardly a liabilty with the ball on the ground and Schache has it in him to work hard up to the wings and deliver the ball into 50.

West Coast played 4 tall forwards yesterday and looked way better than they have all year.

GVGjr
05-07-2020, 11:30 AM

While I know where this is headed :) what about the 3 tall forwards Bevo promised us?

EasternWest
05-07-2020, 11:31 AM
Play em all. Naughton is hardly a liabilty with the ball on the ground and Schache has it in him to work hard up to the wings and deliver the ball into 50.

West Coast played 4 tall forwards yesterday and looked way better than they have all year.

Yup. One way to find out.

bornadog
05-07-2020, 11:37 AM
Finally we seem to have some depth in not only the mids but the taller options. We also have plenty of options in the backline. What happens when Duryea is fit and firing? Williams, Crozier, Caleb all playing well.

I still want to see a small forward kicking lots of goals.

Go_Dogs
05-07-2020, 12:03 PM
If Bont continues to receive a hard tag, we should play him 70%+ forward, which will open up the midfield rotation. While we had success last year going with a tighter rotation (at least, that’s how I saw it) towards the end of the season, I think we will have more success doing the opposite this year.

The young guys have wheels and are tenacious so we actually gain quite a bit moving different combinations through there.

azabob
05-07-2020, 12:08 PM

Reality is Naughton plays when fit, but based on the last three weeks there is no spot in defense for him either.

comrade
05-07-2020, 12:10 PM

In his members video, Bevo mentioned Weightman performed well in the scratchy so maybe he's not far off.

I'm looking forward to letting him loose, I reckon he'll give us even more energy and sizzle.

azabob
05-07-2020, 12:10 PM
Finally we seem to have some depth in not only the mids but the taller options. We also have plenty of options in the backline. What happens when Duryea is fit and firing? Williams, Crozier, Caleb all playing well.

I am actually happy with Dales progression. He gets involved very early in quarters and impacts the scoreboard directly or indirectly.

I often thought we required a small stay at home forward, but do we with Wallis and Dale doing their bit?

azabob
05-07-2020, 12:11 PM
In his members video, Bevo mentioned Weightman performed well in the scratchy so maybe he's not far off.

I'm looking forward to letting him loose, I reckon he'll give us even more energy and sizzle.

I think Bevo was still on a high after the win he also pumped up half the team Trengrove and Porter!

comrade
05-07-2020, 12:11 PM
Reality is Naughton plays when fit, but based on the last three weeks there is no spot in defense for him either.

Yeah, it's a conundrum for sure, but a good one to have.

Given how well the defence is humming, if it continues that way, I can see Naughton playing forward and Schache taking Dale's role.

comrade
05-07-2020, 12:12 PM
I think Bevo was still on a high after the win he also pumped up half the team Trengrove and Porter!

Yep, must have been on cloud 9 to give Trenners a pump up haha.

soupman
05-07-2020, 12:23 PM

Exactly. Considering both Naughton and Schache offer at least as much as Lloyd and/or Wallis upfield in their current roles then absolutely it can work.

Mofra
05-07-2020, 02:30 PM
Naughton - who goes out for him? For Hunter? It's a great problem to have. We have a trend of losing our best goalkicker from the year before so does that mean Lloyd is in trouble? West and Vendermeer are perferming well enough to hold their spots

Twodogs
05-07-2020, 02:30 PM

While I know where this is headed :) what about the 3 tall forwards Bevo promised us?

Yup. One way to find out.

Do you think with how knee surgery has improved since the '80s that they could fix Templeton's injury and maybe he could play as the fourth tall?

I'll show myself out. Try the veal. I've heard that it's veally good!