Adelaide Crows

Melbourne Demons

Geelong Cats

West Coast Eagles

Hawthorn Hawks

Fremantle Dockers

Axe Man
13-07-2020, 07:01 PM
Playing Gold Coast at Metricon round 8, Thursday 23 July.

comrade
13-07-2020, 08:17 PM
I give us 3-4 more wins and a bunch of who the hell knows.

FrediKanoute
13-07-2020, 11:30 PM
Nothing stopping us winning 11 games from here.......except ourselves. Cannot afford to be the slightest bit off.

Eastdog
13-07-2020, 11:35 PM
After yesterday ill take it 1 week at a time.

josie
14-07-2020, 11:15 AM

Hear hear Eastdog. Winning a lot of games in a row including those we are expected to win has not been a strength of ours.

azabob
14-07-2020, 08:47 PM

A Classic footy cliche Easty - but a very true one.

Also I really like your new profile pic of the Whitten Oval Grandstand

Eastdog
14-07-2020, 08:56 PM
A Classic footy cliche Easty - but a very true one.

Also I really like your new profile pic of the Whitten Oval Grandstand

Thanks azabob. Thought I’d change it up and decided on that one of the great EJ Whitten stand. Have sat up there a number of times when I been to the ground.

Axe Man
21-07-2020, 07:43 PM
We will kick off round 9 v Richmond on Wednesday 29th of July, the beginning of 20 consecutive days of matches.

comrade
21-07-2020, 08:08 PM
Pretty sh*tty draw for the next 3 weeks.

Richmond, Port at Adelaide Oval, Brisbane at Gabba.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
21-07-2020, 08:14 PM

Hope the players aren't viewing it like that! Play anyone, anywhere

Bulldog Joe
21-07-2020, 08:22 PM

While they are quick turnarounds we get an extra days preparation over our opponents in every one of those games.

It is going to be testing on everyone, but we should be approaching them all as games to win.

The Adelaide Connection
21-07-2020, 08:23 PM

I think getting Richmond now is a win. Still missing quite a few.

Would be great to switch the Adelaide and Port Adelaide games around so we got Adelaide at home rather than Port.

CarnTheScray
21-07-2020, 08:26 PM
Lock us in to beat Richmond and Port but lose to GC.

bulldogsthru&thru
21-07-2020, 08:27 PM
It’s a tough 3 week stretch, essentially playing the top 3 sides in consecutive weeks. But it’ll show us what we’re made of and where we realistically sit. I think need all agree we’re a chance in each game but also just as likely to be blown out in each game! You just don’t know what you’re gonna get

comrade
21-07-2020, 08:33 PM
It’s a tough 3 week stretch, essentially playing the top 3 sides in consecutive weeks. But it’ll show us what we’re made of and where we realistically sit. I think need all agree we’re a chance in each game but also just as likely to be blown out in each game! You just don’t know what you’re gonna get

Yeah, we'll certainly be left with no doubts as to where we stand after this stretch of games.

It's a shame Naughton & Dunks are still 4-6 weeks away. The season will be just about done.

Eastdog
21-07-2020, 08:36 PM

Not easy but capable of winning those games.

ratsmac
21-07-2020, 08:45 PM
Tough draw but we could come out the other side flag favourites

bornadog
21-07-2020, 09:11 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EdcH3wJU8AED9pH?format=jpg&name=medium

Vred
21-07-2020, 09:37 PM
If we come out of it with two wins out of the next 4 I’ll be happy.
Richmond is entirely winnable
Port in Adelaide will be incredibly tough
Brisbane at the Gabba, almost impossible
Adelaide should be easy

Topdog
21-07-2020, 09:52 PM
That will be Brisbane's 3rd game in 9 days. This season will throw up some surprises

Bulldog Joe
21-07-2020, 09:54 PM
If we come out of it with two wins out of the next 4 I’ll be happy.
Richmond is entirely winnable
Port in Adelaide will be incredibly tough
Brisbane at the Gabba, almost impossible
Adelaide should be easy

You are way too pessimistic.
We get all those opponents of an extra days break.

We have a very good record against Richmond.

Against Port I think we match up well.

We are right in against Brisbane

and yes we should get over Adelaide.

If we are any chance we need to beat these sides to prove our credentials and boost our self belief. Get over them before we get Dunks and Naughton back will generate a lot of belief for the group.

We need to win 4 of our next 5 (including GC). It is doable and all 5 would guarantee finals.

Rocket Science
21-07-2020, 10:26 PM
Gah, that's a hell of a hill to climb.

Sue me but I fear the next four games effectively sink our season ... but shelving the doomsaying for a moment can you imagine reaching the Crows game with a few big scalps under the arm then welcoming back Naughts & Dunks for the run home?

Yeah nah. Not a chance.

jazzadogs
21-07-2020, 11:05 PM
Even losing a few of those games doesn't sink our season, IMO. The race is so tight atm, all teams are dropping games they shouldn't, and with it only being 17 games I think it will stay incredibly even (currently 6 points separating 3rd and 14th).

We are a definite shot in every game we play, as long as our defensive press is set up and our forwards work hard. I am as worried as anyone that there will be at least one blowout in that stretch, but fingers crossed we can hold it together. It'll be a significant battle of attrition, but even in terms of our breaks we have done well - 4 games in 18 days for us, but Cats play 4 in 14 and Pies 4 in 13.

Vred
21-07-2020, 11:06 PM
You are way too pessimistic.
We get all those opponents of an extra days break.

We have a very good record against Richmond.

Against Port I think we match up well.

We are right in against Brisbane

and yes we should get over Adelaide.

If we are any chance we need to beat these sides to prove our credentials and boost our self belief. Get over them before we get Dunks and Naughton back will generate a lot of belief for the group.

We need to win 4 of our next 5 (including GC). It is doable and all 5 would guarantee finals.

yeah might be a little pessimistic but I’d call it realism. We are currently inconsistent, I want to think we can win every one but honestly if we bought what we did against Carlton to any of these games these other teams will jump on the chance to pants us infront of their home crowds.

jeemak
21-07-2020, 11:16 PM
I've though if you can get to round ten just ahead of the ledger or at worst square, then you're in OK shape this season. Nobody was really expected to start fantastically, people kept talking about good starts but once the season was up and running the run home was always going to be the most important.

I reckon we are better than even to be ahead of square at round ten, and I think we're relatively healthy and that will play in our favour as the season progresses. While I think Dunkley and Naughton are definitely best 22, having them doesn't make us hugely more likely to win. What's between the ears of the players does and if we get that right for the remainder of the season...…..

Grantysghost
22-07-2020, 01:00 AM
Lions will have 13/17 in Qld. Plus finals and likely GF. What an amazing opportunity for them to win the flag*. The Tiger’s advantages starkest reminder.

boydogs
22-07-2020, 01:13 AM
It can work in your favour sometimes having a string of tough games in a row, brings out the best in you

azabob
22-07-2020, 09:02 AM
I wonder if our next hub will be in Perth or will the Perth hub come to the Gold Coast?

We may just avoid playing the WA teams in Perth this year - avoiding WA would be massive.

azabob
22-07-2020, 09:06 AM
Even losing a few of those games doesn't sink our season, IMO. The race is so tight atm, all teams are dropping games they shouldn't, and with it only being 17 games I think it will stay incredibly even (currently 6 points separating 3rd and 14th).

We are a definite shot in every game we play, as long as our defensive press is set up and our forwards work hard. I am as worried as anyone that there will be at least one blowout in that stretch, but fingers crossed we can hold it together. It'll be a significant battle of attrition, but even in terms of our breaks we have done well - 4 games in 18 days for us, but Cats play 4 in 14 and Pies 4 in 13.

Limiting blow outs is the key. It seems we win large, or lose large.

Also agree losing a few games doesn't sink our season. Tigers season was done a few weeks back and now they are top four.

bornadog
22-07-2020, 09:48 AM
I wonder if our next hub will be in Perth or will the Perth hub come to the Gold Coast?

We may just avoid playing the WA teams in Perth this year - avoiding WA would be massive.

We may fly in and out.

bornadog
22-07-2020, 12:36 PM
From Fox Sports (https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-fixture-2020-clubbyclub-fixture-analysis-winners-and-losers-breaks-days-off-tv-schedule-33-games-in-20-days/news-story/34eefb8a45c3aa6ef2e9fa511a2eb2c4)

WESTERN BULLDOGS

Round 9: Richmond, Metricon Stadium (home), Wednesday July 29 at 7:10pm
Round 10: Port Adelaide, Adelaide Oval (away), Monday August 3 at 7:10pm
Round 11: Brisbane Lions, Gabba (away), Saturday August 8 at 7:40pm
Round 12: Adelaide Crows, Metricon Stadium (home), Sunday August 16 at 1:05pm

Days break differential: +6

Pros... A full six days more in breaks than their opponents, the best differential of any club, including three days more than Adelaide heading into Round 12... they play on the first day of this 20-day block of games and then on the second-last day, which is almost as perfect as you could get... commercially a solid stretch with two games on free-to-air.

Cons... The extra breaks are needed because there are some very tricky games here... Tigers-Power-Lions is a brutal stretch, so they can’t afford to be out of form over that 11 days... have to play current top two sides Port and Brisbane at their home grounds, which swings already tricky games further in their opponents’ favour.

bulldogsthru&thru
22-07-2020, 12:40 PM
If we can win 1 of those first 3 and then obvioulsly take the crows game, I'll be quite happy.

Axe Man
22-07-2020, 12:54 PM
If we can win 1 of those first 3 and then obvioulsly take the crows game, I'll be quite happy.

Provided we beat Gold Coast. That would leave us 7 and 5 and in not too bad a position.

I'm reasonably confident we beat the Tiges, we generally go well against them and given they will still be missing a few key players we really should get the job done. If we can also jag a win against Port or Brisbane it would a great result.

Ozza
22-07-2020, 12:56 PM
Tough little run ahead - but if we can win a minimum of 3 of 5 and be 7-5 - we'd be in a reasonable position with the following teams left on the table;

Freo
Geelong
Hawthorn
Melbourne
West Coast.

comrade
22-07-2020, 01:26 PM
Based on our roller coaster form, after the next 5 weeks we could either be flag favourites or bottom 4 and neither would surprise me.

Ozza
22-07-2020, 01:30 PM
Based on our roller coaster form, after the next 5 weeks we could either be flag favourites or bottom 4 and neither would surprise me.

% will play a bigger role than ever this year. We will need to limit any losses, and may hay while the sun shines in our wins. To date we have either belted the oppo, or been belted.

GVGjr
22-07-2020, 02:05 PM
Provided we beat Gold Coast. That would leave us 7 and 5 and in not too bad a position.

I'm reasonably confident we beat the Tiges, we generally go well against them and given they will still be missing a few key players we really should get the job done. If we can also jag a win against Port or Brisbane it would a great result.

That would be a great position us. Who would have thought at the start of the season the Bulldogs vs the Suns would be such a critical game for both sides

Axe Man
06-08-2020, 03:53 PM
Round 13 has been announced (Sir Doug Nicholls Round). There are no byes and a fairly traditional Friday-Monday schedule.

Saturday, August 22
Western Bulldogs v Melbourne, Metricon Stadium, 1.45pm AEST

Melbourne coming off a 7 day break, 6 for us.

Finally some day time games for us without the dew in rounds 12 and 13, so it will probably bucket down.

Scraggers
06-08-2020, 05:18 PM
So Brisbane, Adelaide then Melbourne. After that we have to face Geelong, Eagles, Freo and the Hawks.

We are currently 5-5; I can't see us doing any better than 9-8 for the season. I don't think 9 will get us into the finals.

Axe Man
06-08-2020, 05:31 PM
So Brisbane, Adelaide then Melbourne. After that we have to face Geelong, Eagles, Freo and the Hawks.

We are currently 5-5; I can't see us doing any better than 9-8 for the season. I don't think 9 will get us into the finals.

The location of the West Coast and Freo games could be crucial. We just can't win in WA, well since THAT game anyway.

The Brisbane game is huge for our chances.

bulldogsthru&thru
06-08-2020, 05:46 PM
Its a funny old season. 9 wins could get us in you never know. I don't think it will and I don't think we will get to 9 wins. In any case we won't be threatening for the flag. I think i've finally accepted that our 2016 performance won't ever be recaptured. Now, I just want to see us take some steps forward this season. I just want to see some promising peices of play, whether or not we win. Some cohesion to build off from next season. Getting Naughton and Hunter back would be a great start.

bornadog
06-08-2020, 05:57 PM
Still to play and prediction

Brisbane
50/50

Adelaide

W

Melbourne

W

Fremantle

W

Geelong

50/50

Hawthorn

W

West Coast Eagles

L

bulldogsthru&thru
06-08-2020, 06:04 PM

Brisbane
50/50

Adelaide

W

Melbourne

W

Fremantle

W

Geelong

50/50

Hawthorn

W

West Coast Eagles

L

Melbourne should indeed be a win but they always seem to bring us down to their shabby levels and knock us off. Hawthorn will pose problems too. I see us getting 3 more wins.

Axe Man
06-08-2020, 06:30 PM

Brisbane
50/50

Adelaide

W

Melbourne

W

Fremantle

W

Geelong

50/50

Hawthorn

W

West Coast Eagles

L

Good on you for having a go but predicting our form at the moment is an exercise in futility!

If we play like we did against Port we should win more than we lose. If we play like we did against Richmond we will be lucky to win a game.

If we face Freo in Perth it's 50/50 at best I reckon.

bornadog
06-08-2020, 06:43 PM
Good on you for having a go but predicting our form at the moment is an exercise in futility!

If we play like we did against Port we should win more than we lose. If we play like we did against Richmond we will be lucky to win a game.

If we face Freo in Perth it's 50/50 at best I reckon.

Maybe a wish list not a prediction :D

The Adelaide Connection
06-08-2020, 11:51 PM
We really need to pick up some percentage too. Makes battering Adelaide even more vital.

MrMahatma
06-08-2020, 11:57 PM
Losing to Port just hurts so much when you think about the bigger impact that has on the season.

We prob need an upset, and to win all we should expect to, and then it’s finals.

Genuinely, anyone can win once in the finals. I hope we get there.

Sedat
07-08-2020, 01:43 AM
Good time to catch Brisbane, who have some injuries and are also coming off a 4 day break. We should take heart from the fact that our back half and midfield/stoppage systems worked very well against the top of the ladder team on their home deck, and that if we can maintain those parts of our game as well as improve the connection between our mids and forwards we can beat the Lions.

Mofra
07-08-2020, 03:16 PM
Good time to catch Brisbane, who have some injuries and are also coming off a 4 day break. We should take heart from the fact that our back half and midfield/stoppage systems worked very well against the top of the ladder team on their home deck, and that if we can maintain those parts of our game as well as improve the connection between our mids and forwards we can beat the Lions.
Not to mention Keath is a better match up on Hipwood than he is on Dixon.

Crozier out does hurt though, there's an intercept mark per quarter at least we have to find.

Rocket Science
17-08-2020, 03:42 PM
Righto. Crunch time.

Barring anything unheard of like Essendon suddenly morphing into a competent footy club the numbers suggest there's effectively 5 teams in the mix for the final 3 spots in the eight; RICH, COLL, MELB, GWS and the good guys.

Perusing the fixture and venturing a very unscientific crack at what might play out ...

Richmond (currently 6th, 26 points) seems the least vulnerable; they're building well, have a game in hand on us and only 2 of their final 6 games are against teams above them, with a couple of gifts versus ESS & the Crows. The science says you can pretty much lock them in.

Collingwood (currently 7th, 26 points) seem the most vulnerable; wracked by injury and awfully patchy form, their only wins in the past month came against the Crows and a Swans side that pushed them (though they did beat the Cats just prior) and of their 5 remaining games they have Brisbane and Port to contend with plus Carlton who I suspect will get up for that one to kick the old rival. The way they're going remaining games versus the Roos and Suns don't seem like gimmes either. The hill's too big here, I think they miss.

Melbourne (currently 8th, 24 points) it shits me to concede may well retain or improve their spot. They're finding some timely form, have a game in hand on us (against the pitiful Bombres to boot), have us comfortably covered in percentage, and of their final 6 games only one is against a team presently above them. They're also the only team in this mix we play ... Fair to say there's a little bit riding on Saturday's game.

GWS (currently 9th, 24 points) is another that could readily push in but is a trickier thing to gauge. The Swans just pantsed them and they've got the Eagles up next but also have a game in hand on us coupled with a gift against Adelaide, and gettable wins versus Freo & Carlton, but also cop the Saints last up. Like us it largely hinges on what GWS team shows up while noting they're about to regain two ripper humans in Greene & Davis ... I fear they pinch Collingwood's spot.

The good guys (currently 10th, 24 points) are a wholly different proposition with Hunter, Naughton and Dunks at their disposal and *should* scoop up 8 points against Freo & the fading Hawks who just lost Sicily for the year. It's a mammoth ask versus the Handbaggers and Eagles (suspect we might push the Cats without winning)on top of a high stakes tilt versus the Dees which is rather less critical to their chances of making it than ours. Truly sink or swim time.

In summary, even if we heat up I fear it'll be too late given the obstacles or lack thereof for others. Richmond are safe and I expect Melbourne to kick on, annoyingly, meaning lest Bucks can stop the rot it's between us and the Giants for the Pies' spot.

We need wins. duh. But on top of that it'd be a very fine thing if GWS slips versus any or all of Freo, Carlton and Melbourne. What's equally tantalising is there's a veritable bee's wang between their percentage and ours.

We basically need Bevo to orchestrate another '16 finals run before the finals even commence. Over to you coach.

bornadog
17-08-2020, 03:55 PM
Great summary RS. As Bevo said this morning, we probably can only afford to lose one more game, which means everyone except Weagles as the most likely.

comrade
17-08-2020, 03:57 PM
Righto. Crunch time.

Barring anything unheard of like Essendon suddenly morphing into a competent footy club the numbers suggest there's effectively 5 teams in the mix for the final 3 spots in the eight; RICH, COLL, MELB, GWS and the good guys.

Perusing the fixture and venturing a very unscientific crack at what might play out ...

Richmond (currently 6th, 26 points) seems the least vulnerable; they're building well, have a game in hand on us and only 2 of their final 6 games are against teams above them, with a couple of gifts versus ESS & the Crows. The science says you can pretty much lock them in.

Collingwood (currently 7th, 26 points) seem the most vulnerable; wracked by injury and awfully patchy form, their only wins in the past month came against the Crows and a Swans side that pushed them (though they did beat the Cats just prior) and of their 5 remaining games they have Brisbane and Port to contend with plus Carlton who I suspect will get up for that one to kick the old rival. The way they're going remaining games versus the Roos and Suns don't seem like gimmes either. The hill's too big here, I think they miss.

Melbourne (currently 8th, 24 points) it shits me to concede may well retain or improve their spot. They're finding some timely form, have a game in hand on us (against the pitiful Bombres to boot), have us comfortably covered in percentage, and of their final 6 games only one is against a team presently above them. They're also the only team in this mix we play ... Fair to say there's a little bit riding on Saturday's game.

GWS (currently 9th, 24 points) is another that could readily push in but is a trickier thing to gauge. The Swans just pantsed them and they've got the Eagles up next but also have a game in hand on us coupled with a gift against Adelaide, and gettable wins versus Freo & Carlton, but also cop the Saints last up. Like us it largely hinges on what GWS team shows up while noting they're about to regain two ripper humans in Greene & Davis ... I fear they pinch Collingwood's spot.

The good guys (currently 10th, 24 points) are a wholly different proposition with Hunter, Naughton and Dunks at their disposal and *should* scoop up 8 points against Freo & the fading Hawks who just lost Sicily for the year. It's a mammoth ask versus the Handbaggers and Eagles (suspect we might push the Cats without winning)on top of a high stakes tilt versus the Dees which is rather less critical to their chances of making it than ours. Truly sink or swim time.

In summary, even if we heat up I fear it'll be too late given the obstacles or lack thereof for others. Richmond are safe and I expect Melbourne to kick on, annoyingly, meaning lest Bucks can stop the rot it's between us and the Giants for the Pies' spot.

We need wins. duh. But on top of that it'd be a very fine thing if GWS slips versus any or all of Freo, Carlton and Melbourne. What's equally tantalising is there's a veritable bee's wang between their percentage and ours.

We basically need Bevo to orchestrate another '16 finals run before the finals even commence. Over to you coach.

Great summary, this week's game is YUUUGE.

Axe Man
17-08-2020, 03:57 PM
Good summary although I don't think Richmond are part of this conversation, they are certainties.

Probably can't completely count Carlton out either. They have a game in hand compared to us, are coming off a confidence boosting win and could conceivably win 5 of their last 6 matches (Gold Coast, Collingwood, GWS, Sydney, Adelaide, Brisbane).

bulldogsthru&thru
17-08-2020, 04:01 PM
Good summary although I don't think Richmond are part of this conversation, they are certainties.

Probably can't completely count Carlton out either. They have a game in hand compared to us, are coming off a confidence boosting win and could conceivably win 5 of their last 6 matches (Gold Coast, Collingwood, GWS, Sydney, Adelaide, Brisbane).
Beware the inevitable emotional let down following a close win.

Axe Man
17-08-2020, 04:05 PM
Beware the inevitable emotional let down following a close win.

Hardly inevitable. It could go that way or it could be one of those season defining wins that sets them on course to the finals.

On the balance of probabilities I don't think they will make it but they have shown in patches they are a decent side and probably have a better run home than we do.

bulldogsthru&thru
17-08-2020, 04:10 PM
Hardly inevitable. It could go that way or it could be one of those season defining wins that sets them on course to the finals.

On the balance of probabilities I don't think they will make it but they have shown in patches they are a decent side and probably have a better run home than we do.

Of course. I was just referring to what commonly occurs the week after a crazy win.

1eyedog
18-08-2020, 01:53 AM
I don't think the Wiggles are a shoe in against us
at all.

whythelongface
18-08-2020, 04:30 AM
The Saints face a tough run home with the Lions, Dees, Hawks, bye, Weagles and Giants. Could lose four out of five and end up on 36.

AshMac
18-08-2020, 08:40 AM
which means everyone except Weagles as the most likely.

Fingers crossed the playing field is levelled playing them on the Gold Coast

Happy Days
18-08-2020, 09:54 AM
The Eagles have started taking the piss now that they’re at home, selecting what appear to be actual crowd members who I can only assume won some sort of radio contest to play in games. It wasn’t that long ago they threw a tantrum and lost 3-4 games out of spite at not getting to play at their scale model MCG every week, which is notably and distinctly not where we will be playing them.

I reckon we should just win every game for the rest of the year though.

mjp
18-08-2020, 10:36 AM
Fingers crossed the playing field is levelled playing them on the Gold Coast

There is a bit of this sentiment around at the moment.

I don't like West Coast much (18th out of 18 for me) but at least they have been to a hub...where is the Brisbane hatred and criticism...

comrade
18-08-2020, 10:40 AM

I don't like West Coast much (18th out of 18 for me) but at least they have been to a hub...where is the Brisbane hatred and criticism...

Come on, they did play that one game in Sydney.

Happy Days
18-08-2020, 10:43 AM

Brisbane are an adorable side that no one hates or takes seriously.

bulldogsthru&thru
18-08-2020, 11:03 AM
Brisbane are an adorable side that no one hates or takes seriously.

Yes them and Port are the perfect clubs that people would like to see win the flag in this years "asterisk" season. Unless of course their own club wins in this years "best flag ever" season.

boydogs
20-08-2020, 12:35 AM
We will probably lose to Geelong and West Coast and be 9-8 just outside the 8

Going to need to finish the year better than we have played up until now to do better than that

AshMac
22-08-2020, 08:52 AM

Demons my most hated team. Mostly because of their fans - at least the ones I have sat near over the last 39 years and the fact they feeL entitled to all the handouts they’ve been given and still run their club into the dirt. But I digress...

If there was ever a year for Brisbane to win it, this is the year. It is total bias and a little sympathy for how crap they’ve been over the past 16 years that I don’t hold it against them - but yes, they have a had a free ride this season.

Not just the home ground factor, but the family and friends as well as sleep in own bed factors. Very minimal disruption comparatively.

Honestly - this season is a complete joke and just testament to how obsessed we all are that the product put in front of us by the league is still being watched and talked about with any passion. I do give huge credit to Gil and the AFL for keeping the league alive in the circumstances.

azabob
30-08-2020, 09:41 PM
The West Sport are reporting Fremantle is pushing for our game to be played in Perth and not Gold Coast.

bornadog
30-08-2020, 09:44 PM
The West Sport are reporting Fremantle is pushing for our game to be played in Perth and not Gold Coast.

They can get stuffed

bulldogsthru&thru
30-08-2020, 10:02 PM
If it’s a dead rubber and we get the proceeds then why not. Otherwise no.

azabob
30-08-2020, 10:13 PM
If it’s a dead rubber and we get the proceeds then why not. Otherwise no.

Technically it is their home game.

Surely the WA quarantine rules will make it near on impossible?

bulldogsthru&thru
30-08-2020, 10:18 PM
Of course the HUN running with a can the bombers make the right article. Specifically them and not loads of other teams

bulldogsthru&thru
30-08-2020, 10:18 PM
Technically it is their home game.

Surely the WA quarantine rules will make it near on impossible?

Oh. In that case they can get stuffed

Scraggers
31-08-2020, 02:25 AM

I get to see my team play live??? Yes please

azabob
31-08-2020, 08:07 AM
I get to see my team play live??? Yes please

How often could you have said you saw more games of AFL in a season than all Victorian supporters?

bornadog
31-08-2020, 09:50 AM
How often could you have said you saw more games of AFL in a season than all Victorian supporters?

Scraggers is in Perth

mjp
31-08-2020, 11:05 AM

To be fair, we did play in Melbourne R1.

Happy Days
31-08-2020, 11:24 AM

Thankfully we couldn’t go to that game.

Scraggers
31-08-2020, 12:04 PM

Never !!

I've been a member for 27 years. The first of those 27 years I was in Melbourne, the rest I have lived in WA. The most I have seen my team play in those year was 2016. We came to Perth twice (one was the elimination final), I went to Melbourne for round 20 (v Norf) and I got a ticket to the GF thanks to EasternWest.

So I would gladly welcome the Bulldogs to WA in Round 18

Grantysghost
31-08-2020, 12:09 PM
Thankfully we couldn’t go to that game.

The closest I got to the team this season was the season launch. But they were herded away from the masses like cattle on that night. Unfortunately couldn't attend the pre season games.
If we can't make the finals play it in Perth if we can make some cash out if it, but I assume they'll need to decide prior to that being known. Would we get anything considering it's their home game? Maybe a good guy payment.

azabob
31-08-2020, 12:12 PM

Yes, but we couldn't go and as Happy Days mentioned luckily we couldn't go.

I'd love for you and Scraggers to be able to go to the game. Not sure our boys would love it as much.

azabob
31-08-2020, 12:13 PM
Scraggers is in Perth

Yeah I know. That is what I am saying. By being in Perth he would've been to more AFL games than us Victorians.

Grantysghost
31-08-2020, 12:18 PM
Yeah I know. That is what I am saying. By being in Perth he would've been to more AFL games than us Victorians.

I work with Perth people. One's just taken a weeks leave to go to Rottnest Island ! (So jealous). Not sure the rest of Australia get what stage 4 is like, I feel like a pariah at times.
Be nice to go for a drive to get lunch somewhere on a weekend, or being allowed out of the house after 8pm, god imagine a holiday.
Sorry off topic. But the rest of Australia can get stuffed ! ;) (except dogs fans you are ok carry on).

The Pie Man
31-08-2020, 12:41 PM
The closest I got to the team this season was the season launch. But they were herded away from the masses like cattle on that night. Unfortunately couldn't attend the pre season games.
If we can't make the finals play it in Perth if we can make some cash out if it, but I assume they'll need to decide prior to that being known. Would we get anything considering it's their home game? Maybe a good guy payment.

I went to the intra club game, feel pretty lucky to have done that and got a bunch of photos of my boy with a few players. Weirdly enough, I reckon one of the last people I shook hands with was Mitch Wallis that day!

Grantysghost
31-08-2020, 12:43 PM
I went to the intra club game, feel pretty lucky to have done that and got a bunch of photos of my boy with a few players. Weirdly enough, I reckon one of the last people I shook hands with was Mitch Wallis that day!

Don't wash it ! :cool:

Scraggers
31-08-2020, 01:00 PM
I work with Perth people. One's just taken a weeks leave to go to Rottnest Island ! (So jealous). Not sure the rest of Australia get what stage 4 is like, I feel like a pariah at times.
Be nice to go for a drive to get lunch somewhere on a weekend, or being allowed out of the house after 8pm, god imagine a holiday.
Sorry off topic. But the rest of Australia can get stuffed ! ;) (except dogs fans you are ok carry on).

There are virtually no restrictions in WA right now, but our Phases are going the other way. We are currently in Phase 4 in WA, the polar opposite to Phase 4 in Victoria. The only limitations we have (realistically) is the border and interstate/international travel.

Scraggers
31-08-2020, 01:01 PM

It's funny, I've lived here for 26 years, more than half my life, but I still consider myself a Victorian.

comrade
31-08-2020, 01:02 PM
There are virtually no restrictions in WA right now, but our Phases are going the other way. We are currently in Phase 4 in WA, the polar opposite to Phase 4 in Victoria. The only limitations we have (realistically) is the border and interstate/international travel.

Living the dream. I'm in regional Vic with close to 0 active cases in our town, and it's pretty draconian but Melbourne is a different story altogether. It's getting to the stage of police knocking on the doors of people who are posting on FB about visiting a local park, helicopters monitoring areas etc.

Grantysghost
31-08-2020, 01:04 PM
Living the dream. I'm in regional Vic with close to 0 active cases in our town, and it's pretty draconian but Melbourne is a different story altogether. It's getting to the stage of police knocking on the doors of people who are posting on FB about visiting a local park, helicopters monitoring areas etc.

Drones as well.

Scraggers
31-08-2020, 01:06 PM

I checked in with a mate last night. He's classified as emergency services but lives alone (split from his wife and kid). He's doing it tough and is still able to travel to work daily. I can't fathom what living/working at home for a month would be like.

comrade
31-08-2020, 01:11 PM
I checked in with a mate last night. He's classified as emergency services but lives alone (split from his wife and kid). He's doing it tough and is still able to travel to work daily. I can't fathom what living/working at home for a month would be like.

For a virus with a 97% survival rate.

azabob
31-08-2020, 01:37 PM
Can we pull back on this conversation I think we will get into political territory.

comrade
31-08-2020, 01:39 PM
Can we pull back on this conversation I think we will get into political territory.

Yeah, that's fair. Back on track.

EasternWest
06-09-2020, 01:44 PM
Never !!

I've been a member for 27 years. The first of those 27 years I was in Melbourne, the rest I have lived in WA. The most I have seen my team play in those year was 2016. We came to Perth twice (one was the elimination final), I went to Melbourne for round 20 (v Norf) and I got a ticket to the GF thanks to EasternWest.

So I would gladly welcome the Bulldogs to WA in Round 18

Never heard of him. Sounds like an awesome guy.

https://i.postimg.cc/d1Mg8wFw/images-7.jpg (https://postimages.org/)

For a virus with a 97% survival rate.

Thanks Jeff.

comrade
06-09-2020, 04:18 PM
Thanks Jeff.

Jeff who?

SonofScray
06-09-2020, 10:56 PM
6 wins from a flag. I reckon we'll win the lot from here.

Bulldog Joe
07-09-2020, 12:07 AM

That's my theory as well.

1 game at a time and just win the next 6.

Eastdog
07-09-2020, 07:43 PM
Taking it 1 game out a time but a huge opportunity the next 2 weeks to win both games against relatively "easier" opposition and get into another finals series.

merantau
10-09-2020, 08:14 AM
Taking it 1 game out a time but a huge opportunity the next 2 weeks to win both games against relatively "easier" opposition and get into another finals series.
Your avatar is just the best. Love it!

SonofScray
10-09-2020, 11:12 PM
I am calling it now.

Another Flag* Wags

azabob
10-09-2020, 11:21 PM

I am calling it now.

Another Flag* Wags

Your track record is pretty good. How early did you call it in 2016?

Mofra
11-09-2020, 10:17 AM
Freo are playing good football at the minute. I certainly wouldn't call it an easy game.

We should beat the Hawks in a canter if we're serious.

azabob
11-09-2020, 10:19 AM
Freo are playing good football at the minute. I certainly wouldn't call it an easy game.

We should beat the Hawks in a canter if we're serious.

And to add to that we do struggle to score against Freo.

josie
11-09-2020, 10:54 AM
I know we are not there yet and think Freo & Hawks will do their utmost to upset the apple cart. Freo particularly scares me.

However IF we make final 8 who would you prefer to meet in elimination final?

GWS, Saints, Geelong, Tigers, Pies, West Coast (with their significant injuries)?

I think IF we do make it Tigers or Saints or possibly Pies more likely than others.

Tigers scare me the most. Although we have had about a 50 50 record and mostly close games (except this year).

Cats are the form team and always professional and I think they have long considered us their bunnies.

Would be great to kick Plastics out in week 1 of finals (maybe even better if they do not make it!!).

bulldogsthru&thru
11-09-2020, 11:10 AM
If Saints beat gws next week and we make the finals then they are most likely our opponent. I don’t want to play them. Not for any reason other than they always seem to pull something out of their arse against us or we have 7 players break their legs or ACLs. OR Dan Butler will flop in the goal square and kick the winning goal. You know typical bulldogs vs saints outcomes

josie
11-09-2020, 11:13 AM
If Saints beat gws next week and we make the finals then they are most likely our opponent. I don’t want to play them. Not for any reason other than they always seem to pull something out of their arse against us or we have 7 players break their legs or ACLs. OR Dan Butler will flop in the goal square and kick the winning goal. You know typical bulldogs vs saints outcomes

Yeah-ghost of Reiwoldt and Harris and dodgy frees (aaargh-bad bad not good bad bad memories as Trump would say).

SonofScray
11-09-2020, 11:26 AM
Your track record is pretty good. How early did you call it in 2016?
When murph did his knee.
I said to my mate who was distraught "this doesn't feel like a premiership year. But it is."

Bulldog Joe
11-09-2020, 11:58 AM
And to add to that we do struggle to score against Freo.

But to counter that we are unbeaten in Cairns.

CarnTheScray
11-09-2020, 12:15 PM
We will roll Hawthorn. Fremantle a different story. Their defence is their best strength but they also struggle to score.

Axe Man
11-09-2020, 12:20 PM
But to counter that we are unbeaten in Cairns.

So are Freo.

Bulldog Joe
11-09-2020, 03:00 PM
So are Freo.

Our record of 4 from 4 outstrips their 1 from 1.

Additionally they have never defeated us North of the 20th parallel of latitude.

We have also won every game played with 20 degrees of the equator since 2007 with a current streak of 9:)

Rocket Science
11-09-2020, 03:25 PM
We will roll Hawthorn. Fremantle a different story. Their defence is their best strength but they also struggle to score.

It becomes tricker though if Taberner's in the mood and we allow him steady supply. He's turned a corner this year.

They're also quietly building a crew of tenacious young mids who work hard both ways.

This one's a dead set banana peel, particularly if we're feeling satisfied with ourselves after beating up on the Hawks.

Axe Man
11-09-2020, 03:52 PM
Our record of 4 from 4 outstrips their 1 from 1.

Additionally they have never defeated us North of the 20th parallel of latitude.

We have also won every game played with 20 degrees of the equator since 2007 with a current streak of 9:)

I'm sold - bugger Ballarat, let's play some home games in Bali next year.

bornadog
11-09-2020, 04:19 PM
It becomes tricker though if Taberner's in the mood and we allow him steady supply. He's turned a corner this year.

The only player to kick a goal in every game this year (from Swampy)

1eyedog
11-09-2020, 04:32 PM
When murph did his knee.
I said to my mate who was distraught "this doesn't feel like a premiership year. But it is."

I actually put a post up in July 2016 calling for an AFL GF meet up when we make it. The post will be in the ether somewhere. I ended up meeting up with Jazzadogs and Scraggers and a few others. So I'm calling it now as well.

bornadog
11-09-2020, 04:34 PM
I actually put a post up in July 2016 calling for an AFL GF meet up when we make it. The post will be in the ether somewhere. I ended up meeting up with Jazzadogs and Scraggers and a few others. So I'm calling it now as well.

Except the meeting part

Bulldog Joe
11-09-2020, 04:58 PM
I'm sold - bugger Ballarat, let's play some home games in Bali next year.

Ballarat does seem the extreme for our record of performing in warmer climates.;)

Bali is a bit of a stretch for me, but I was really saddened when we stopped the Cairns games.