PDA

View Full Version : The Moment: Rnd 7, 2020 vs Essendon

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
17-07-2020, 05:17 PM
The moment, the best, most courageous moment that caught your eye in today's game against Essendon. Was it the moment that told you 'we've got this' or 'we lost this one right here'? Or was it the moment that you went 'wow....that is crazy courage.'

EasternWest
17-07-2020, 10:35 PM
The Vandemeer kick to Suckling. That was salty chef meme good.

hujsh
17-07-2020, 11:13 PM
I think that tap over the shoulder from English in the centre square. 2nd quarter? Lovely piece of ruckwork from a man dominating around the ground.

Testekill
17-07-2020, 11:14 PM
The tap from English that set up the Bont delivery to Suckling's first goal. Just sublime

bornadog
17-07-2020, 11:22 PM
Cody Weightman's mark and incredible banana for his first kick in AFL

Happy Days
17-07-2020, 11:33 PM
I think that tap over the shoulder from English in the centre square. 2nd quarter? Lovely piece of ruckwork from a man dominating around the ground.

HOLLYWOOD TAP. That wasn’t the moment that decided the game, but it was the moment all of my doubts on Tim washed away.

jazzadogs
17-07-2020, 11:34 PM
I was still worried about us running out of legs, so the moment where I thought we had the game won was actually Weightman's second goal to start the final quarter.

There were three perfect kicks for me in the game: Bont's centre clearance to Suckling's chest, Weightman's boonana and Vandermeer's sublime 50m hoooof to Suckling's path.

comrade
17-07-2020, 11:35 PM
HOLLYWOOD TAP. That wasn’t the moment that decided the game, but it was the moment all of my doubts on Tim washed away.

It was like that scene out of Hook where Peter finally starts doing Peter Pan stuff and the Lost Boys say "you're doing it Peter".

Mutz
17-07-2020, 11:39 PM
Could see English was on fire after his one-handed pickup in front of goal, handball to Bont then Wallis for the 1st goal.

westbulldog
17-07-2020, 11:44 PM
Weightman's first mark and first goal, one to remember, lifted the spirits on and off field.

Happy Days
17-07-2020, 11:44 PM
It was like that scene out of Hook where Peter finally starts doing Peter Pan stuff and the Lost Boys say "you're doing it Peter".

When they get Jordan his shoes in Space Jam.

Mofra
17-07-2020, 11:45 PM
Weightman's first mark and first goal, one to remember, lifted the spirits on and off field.
the whole team lifted from that moment.

I'll add his second goal was the type of crumbing effort we've been crying out for for a long time.

Eastdog
18-07-2020, 12:07 AM
Cody Weightman's mark and incredible banana for his first kick in AFL

I’ll take this one as well. Some kind of debut.

josie
18-07-2020, 12:24 AM
Suckling’s first goal after Bruce had missed a few.

comrade
18-07-2020, 12:25 AM
Suckling’s first goal after Bruce had missed a few.

Yep, Suckers was a calm head in the forward line tonight.

Happy Days
18-07-2020, 12:33 AM
Suckling never should have been out.

The Adelaide Connection
18-07-2020, 12:44 AM

Haha, this is Probably the best post I have seen all year. Solid gold. Well done.

1eyedog
18-07-2020, 01:05 AM
Banana goal. Amazing moment for him.

soupman
18-07-2020, 01:14 AM

Me too. I've been criticial of him, mostly of his ruckwork and inability to influence games with it. Well he has certainly shown he can do it now. Cannot believe how far he has come (and how big an idiot he has made my not inconsiderable post doubting his ability to make it) since that woeful performance against St.Kilda.

Happy Days
18-07-2020, 01:18 AM
Just watched the replay and the moment that truly swung the game was when Worsfold (?) swung Hooker forward in the fourth. What a brilliant move from a tactical mastermind that really changed the whole dynamic of the contest.

Ozza
18-07-2020, 01:26 AM
The moment was when Keath kicked a fairly dodgy ball to centre half forward and an out of positioned Vandermeer found a way to spoil Saad, Lipinski gathered a chaos ball with ease and snapped the goal. Turned a potentially wasted half of dominance into a good little lead and momentum into the break. Vanda's goal.

comrade
18-07-2020, 01:30 AM
The moment was when Keath kicked a fairly dodgy ball to centre half forward and an out of positioned Vandermeer found a way to spoil Saad, Lipinski gathered a chaso ball with ease and snapped the goal. Turned a potentially wasted half of dominance into a good little lead and momentum into the break. Vanda's goal.

Yep, gave us some breathing space and crucially, some reward for effort. There’s only so many times you can go inside 50 and get nothing for it that subconsciously you start waving the white flag (as we saw last week).

Ozza
18-07-2020, 01:52 AM

Just saw it on the replay, briliant kick.
JJ tackle on Saad caused the turnover, also a big moment.

whythelongface
18-07-2020, 08:41 AM

Same for mine. That was a brilliant kick and wonderful vision. Great grab by Suckers as well

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
18-07-2020, 05:50 PM
3rd Qtr, just after the beautifully timed kick from Vandermeer to Suckling.
The sublime ball movement through the midfield leading to the ball coming into our forward 50, come to ground and Wallis assessing and taking the responsibility and snap truly form 40 metres. I think that got us to beyond 5 goals up, and it seemed to really suck the air from the Bombers.