PDA

View Full Version : Suns excited for primetime debut

bulldogsthru&thru
20-07-2020, 05:18 PM
https://www.afl.com.au/news/467740/-we-re-grateful-and-we-can-t-wait-for-it-suns-excited-for-primetime-debut?fbclid=IwAR3HUiDMuQZpL9asV81Ka86mBC8d-gU4Gf5TnhYKnydacz9MXccwvhrrafs

"GOLD Coast will play the first standalone game of its 10-season history on Thursday night when it hosts the Western Bulldogs at Metricon Stadium. "

Yet it won't be on free-to-air? I don't get it. Every other thursday night game has been.

bornadog
20-07-2020, 05:22 PM
https://www.afl.com.au/news/467740/-we-re-grateful-and-we-can-t-wait-for-it-suns-excited-for-primetime-debut?fbclid=IwAR3HUiDMuQZpL9asV81Ka86mBC8d-gU4Gf5TnhYKnydacz9MXccwvhrrafs

"GOLD Coast will play the first standalone game of its 10-season history on Thursday night when it hosts the Western Bulldogs at Metricon Stadium. "

Yet it won't be on free-to-air? I don't get it. Every other thursday night game has been.

Sad for the Suns their first primer time game, yet not Free to air.

Better get use to it as there will be games on every day for 19 consecutive days, and not necessarily FTA

Bulldog Joe
20-07-2020, 05:35 PM
Sad for the Suns their first primer time game, yet not Free to air.

Better get use to it as there will be games on every day for 19 consecutive weeks, and not necessarily FTA

I think that is proposed for 19 days.

The one benefit of no FTA is that the Commentary won't include BT or Bruce.

We can hope that Fox rolls out someone better, but we will probably be saddled with DerWayne.

bornadog
20-07-2020, 05:38 PM
I think that is proposed for 19 days.

The one benefit of no FTA is that the Commentary won't include BT or Bruce.

We can hope that Fox rolls out someone better, but we will probably be saddled with DerWayne.

Sorry, meant to write days

Prince Imperial
20-07-2020, 05:40 PM

Channel 7 only have the right to broadcast an average of 3.5 games per round in Victoria. The .5 is made up of a certain number of Thursday night matches plus public holiday ones (e.g. Anzac Day, Queens Birthday, Easter Monday).

Axe Man
20-07-2020, 05:41 PM
I think it is on FTA in Queensland at least. Not sure why it's not on elsewhere though. It appears that channel 7 only have 3 games on next round when they usually have 4?

Edit: Thanks for the explanation Prince

Bulldog4life
20-07-2020, 06:39 PM
I think it is on FTA in Queensland at least. Not sure why it's not on elsewhere though. It appears that channel 7 only have 3 games on next round when they usually have 4?

Edit: Thanks for the explanation Prince

Yep. I can't believe how much AFL is on here on free to air. Thought there would be next to none.

Eastdog
20-07-2020, 07:33 PM
Yeah was wondering why it wasn’t on FTA. Thanks PI for that.

CarnTheScray
20-07-2020, 07:57 PM
I hate how predictable it is that we'll drop this game.

bornadog
20-07-2020, 08:26 PM
I hate how predictable it is that we'll drop this game.

Stay Positive

CarnTheScray
20-07-2020, 08:53 PM
Stay Positive
As a doggies supporter I have tried, but I've seen this story too many times. Yes I know i'm a full-blown pessimist.

Sedat
20-07-2020, 11:06 PM
Wish they had none.

bornadog
20-07-2020, 11:26 PM
As a doggies supporter I have tried, but I've seen this story too many times. Yes I know i'm a full-blown pessimist.

I know what you mean :D