First Goal Smith

DOG GOD
01-08-2020, 12:37 PM
Port by 67
Ist goal - someone in our team
Bog- Macrae

Happy Days
01-08-2020, 01:01 PM
Burns me to say it and I could've reasonably denied it before this week but Port are way better than us. Don't think this game is going to be very cash money.

Grantysghost
01-08-2020, 02:37 PM
The Tigers did some homework and devised an effective alternate game plan to combat our A game.
Any chance we can do the same for this game where the odds are heavily against us getting the result ? I personally would at least like to see something similar to what the Tigers did in possession at times. Work the ball by foot more slowly into our f50 and then lock it in like the Hawks did yesterday.

Am I completely crazy thinking we can achieve something like this? I would really like to see this in our arsenal. Or at the very least some ability to adapt to the situation during the game. Be interesting to see if last week was some sort of catalyst for the coaches to try something different. Hard with the short turnaround to be too dramatic of course.

Port by 25
BOG Macrae
FG Wallis

1eyedog
01-08-2020, 03:20 PM
Port by 48 points
Macrae BOG
Billy Gowers first major

Eastdog
01-08-2020, 04:09 PM
Margin: Dogs by 1 point
FG: Libba
BOG: Macrae

bornadog
01-08-2020, 05:21 PM
Very difficult for me to pick the Dogs but in this thread over the past 14 years, I have never put us down for a loss ( I think).

Game - draw :D

First Goal: Smith

BOG Macrae

bulldogsthru&thru
02-08-2020, 10:16 AM
Dunks to play tomorrow vs Port

Bulldog4life
02-08-2020, 10:54 AM
Margin: Dogs by 6 points
FG: Bruce
BOG: Macrae

Doggies to come good this week.

The Adelaide Connection
02-08-2020, 01:14 PM
I will be there and am hoping for a turnaround, but not holding my breath. I am buoyed by a couple of against the odds wins against Port at AO (last year and in 2016?), but generally speaking it hasn’t been a happy hunting ground.

Dogs by 8
First Goal Bruce
BOG Gowers

How’s that for positivity?

1eyedog
02-08-2020, 02:00 PM
I will be there and am hoping for a turnaround, but not holding my breath. I am buoyed by a couple of against the odds wins against Port at AO (last year and in 2016?), but generally speaking it hasn’t been a happy hunting ground.

Dogs by 8
First Goal Bruce
BOG Gowers

It's pretty insane yeah.

bornadog
02-08-2020, 02:10 PM

Dogs by 8
First Goal Bruce
BOG Gowers

Hopefully the boys turn it on for you

bornadog
02-08-2020, 02:21 PM
Press Conference

Beveridge baffled by holding the ball rule (https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/beveridge-baffled-by-holding-the-ball-rule-20200802-p55hq8.html)
The Western Bulldogs remain baffled by the holding the ball rule, with coach Luke Beveridge declaring his team can't really prepare for the way it will be umpired on Monday night.

Debate around the rule has simmered for much of the season, with the AFL changing its interpretation after Hawthorn coach Alastair Clarkson complained that his side wasn't being rewarded for its tackles following their round four match.

Beveridge was an outspoken critic of the interpretation change at the time, criticising the league for flinching in the face of Clarkson's comments.

A decision paid against Essendon's Andrew McGrath on Friday night reignited the discussion, and Beveridge conceded on Sunday that the Dogs were in the dark about the rule heading into Monday night's meeting with Port Adelaide at Adelaide Oval.

"We can't address it because we don't know what the interpretation is going to be and we're not sure what the rule is," Beveridge said.

"We'll just play and our players will just do their best to make sure we clear the ball when we get tackled and maybe take the opportunity to really clamp down when the opposition get the footy."

Perhaps even harder to predict than the interpretation of the rule this year has been the Dogs' form, with Beveridge's side running hot and cold. The Dogs were soundly beaten by Richmond on Wednesday night and will now confront the ladder-leaders. However they will be boosted by the return of star midfielder Josh Dunkley from a syndesmosis injury.

"[He] is just a great team player. A great teammate. He does everything right in the game – he works his backside off … and he reads the game really early.

"He's strong and hard in tight, and he really gets out. Our boys have done an inconsistent job over the course of the year inside and out, but Dunks is a really consistent player who continues to apply himself. And he's a shining example within our four walls of what we're after."

Meanwhile Lachie Hunter could be closing in on a return to senior football after taking a break from the game with personal issues.

Hunter has remained in the Dogs' Queensland hub and has been joined by a loved one.

"Maddie's up now, which is great, Lachie's fiancee," Beveridge said.

"They did have plans to get married – I'm not sure how that sits in this COVID-19 world at the moment.

"He'll play in the scratch match today … so that'll be good for him. And we'll see how he comes through over the course of the next week or two and work out whether he's considered to come back into the AFL team."

In more welcome news for the Dogs, key forward Aaron Naughton could return from injury in next Saturday night's meeting with the Brisbane Lions at the Gabba.

Beveridge also said the $50,000 fine issued to Collingwood over Nathan Buckley and Brenton Sanderson's coronavirus protocol breaches were a reminder of the need to remain vigilant.

"It was a positive message because we've been doing everything to the best of our ability to the letter of the protocols," Beveridge said.

"Fortunately, we weren't one of the clubs who transgressed.

"It seems like a no-brainer that you should stay within the parameters, but at times it's quite easy to revert to what your life has been prior and it doesn't seem so black and white.

"But we've had some reminders and there's no doubt all of us really checked ourselves when the sanctions came out.

"Now it's our challenge to make sure that we remain compliant and keep our heads in what we're here to do."

DOG GOD
02-08-2020, 06:37 PM
The Tigers did some homework and devised an effective alternate game plan to combat our A game.
Any chance we can do the same for this game where the odds are heavily against us getting the result ? I personally would at least like to see something similar to what the Tigers did in possession at times. Work the ball by foot more slowly into our f50 and then lock it in like the Hawks did yesterday.

Am I completely crazy thinking we can achieve something like this? I would really like to see this in our arsenal. Or at the very least some ability to adapt to the situation during the game. Be interesting to see if last week was some sort of catalyst for the coaches to try something different. Hard with the short turnaround to be too dramatic of course.

Port by 25
BOG Macrae
FG Wallis

I just don’t think we have the skilled players to pinpoint passes into our fwd 50, hence the bombing we have been known for. For mine, we only have 2 players I could think of that could deliver bullet like passes into fwd 50, and both of those are in defence (JJ and Daniel).

If we moved it slowly, the opposition would make our fwd line like Bunnings on a Sunday.

The bulldog tragician
02-08-2020, 07:37 PM
Press Conference

Beveridge baffled by holding the ball rule (https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/beveridge-baffled-by-holding-the-ball-rule-20200802-p55hq8.html)
The Western Bulldogs remain baffled by the holding the ball rule, with coach Luke Beveridge declaring his team can't really prepare for the way it will be umpired on Monday night.

Debate around the rule has simmered for much of the season, with the AFL changing its interpretation after Hawthorn coach Alastair Clarkson complained that his side wasn't being rewarded for its tackles following their round four match.

Beveridge was an outspoken critic of the interpretation change at the time, criticising the league for flinching in the face of Clarkson's comments.

A decision paid against Essendon's Andrew McGrath on Friday night reignited the discussion, and Beveridge conceded on Sunday that the Dogs were in the dark about the rule heading into Monday night's meeting with Port Adelaide at Adelaide Oval.

"We can't address it because we don't know what the interpretation is going to be and we're not sure what the rule is," Beveridge said.

"We'll just play and our players will just do their best to make sure we clear the ball when we get tackled and maybe take the opportunity to really clamp down when the opposition get the footy."

Perhaps even harder to predict than the interpretation of the rule this year has been the Dogs' form, with Beveridge's side running hot and cold. The Dogs were soundly beaten by Richmond on Wednesday night and will now confront the ladder-leaders. However they will be boosted by the return of star midfielder Josh Dunkley from a syndesmosis injury.

"[He] is just a great team player. A great teammate. He does everything right in the game – he works his backside off … and he reads the game really early.

"He's strong and hard in tight, and he really gets out. Our boys have done an inconsistent job over the course of the year inside and out, but Dunks is a really consistent player who continues to apply himself. And he's a shining example within our four walls of what we're after."

Meanwhile Lachie Hunter could be closing in on a return to senior football after taking a break from the game with personal issues.

Hunter has remained in the Dogs' Queensland hub and has been joined by a loved one.

"Maddie's up now, which is great, Lachie's fiancee," Beveridge said.

"They did have plans to get married – I'm not sure how that sits in this COVID-19 world at the moment.

"He'll play in the scratch match today … so that'll be good for him. And we'll see how he comes through over the course of the next week or two and work out whether he's considered to come back into the AFL team."

In more welcome news for the Dogs, key forward Aaron Naughton could return from injury in next Saturday night's meeting with the Brisbane Lions at the Gabba.

Beveridge also said the $50,000 fine issued to Collingwood over Nathan Buckley and Brenton Sanderson's coronavirus protocol breaches were a reminder of the need to remain vigilant.

"It was a positive message because we've been doing everything to the best of our ability to the letter of the protocols," Beveridge said.

"Fortunately, we weren't one of the clubs who transgressed.

"It seems like a no-brainer that you should stay within the parameters, but at times it's quite easy to revert to what your life has been prior and it doesn't seem so black and white.

"But we've had some reminders and there's no doubt all of us really checked ourselves when the sanctions came out.

"Now it's our challenge to make sure that we remain compliant and keep our heads in what we're here to do."
Really glad to read this and that Lachie has her support.

ratsmac
03-08-2020, 07:21 AM
We haven't lost 2 weeks in a row this year (it was about 2 months between round 1 and 2) :)

So in saying that
Dogs by 16
First goal- Flea
Bog- McLean

SonofScray
03-08-2020, 09:10 AM
Port by 8 goal 2 behinds.
First goal : baz
BOG : roarke smith

This will be an unpleasant start to the week in footy.

azabob
03-08-2020, 09:15 AM
Port by 8 goal 2 behinds.
First goal : baz
BOG : roarke smith

This will be an unpleasant start to the week in footy.

Just think of it as the end of round 9 and we get to go again very soon.

merantau
03-08-2020, 10:00 AM
We can do this. Let's shake up the football world. Go Dogs!

The Bulldogs Bite
03-08-2020, 11:27 AM
Port by 36.
BOG Macrae.
First goal Wallis.

Think this could get ugly.

Pickenitup
03-08-2020, 11:53 AM
Absolutely we can win this game let’s get to work Dogs .

westbulldog
03-08-2020, 11:57 AM
Port by plenty.
BOG Libba
First goal Wallis

soupman
03-08-2020, 12:00 PM
I'm very frustrated with our team and it's inconsistencies but I also think along with us frequently not being as good as we should be we are often better than we expect. As a result I think we will win two of our next three, so why not this one?

Our team defence is both good and shit, so who is to say it doesn't starve Port of opportunity and Dixon barely touches it, or maybe Dixon is their only effective forward and our forwardline somehow manages to outscore him?

We are absolutely capable of winning this one and the Brisbane game, we are also capable of losing both in the first quarter. I'm going to optimistically back us in and say we will win by 26 points, Daniel bog and Weightman first goal.

Axe Man
03-08-2020, 12:44 PM
I'm not trying to endorse gambling but what a player Jarcus would be!

https://i.postimg.cc/LXx6nfG5/Capture.png (https://postimages.org/)

Mantis
03-08-2020, 01:47 PM
Like all in the same situation (those living in Melbourne) we need a boost to the morale so lets hope the boys put in a good one... Go Dogs!!

Rocket Science
03-08-2020, 02:23 PM
I'm not trying to endorse gambling but what a player Jarcus would be!

https://i.postimg.cc/LXx6nfG5/Capture.png (https://postimages.org/)

Please. Jarcus ain't got nothin' on Jacksilly Trengowers.

https://i.ibb.co/fD4Vn1L/jacksilly-trengowers.jpg (https://ibb.co/BnqHrzF)

Get around him.

Axe Man
03-08-2020, 02:32 PM

Get around him.

Haha. What would the market be if they were playing? Combine for 10 clangers and fewer than 15 possessions?

Ozza
03-08-2020, 04:47 PM
I think we can win. But on the balance of things, Port winning is more likely.

Port by 6 points.
BOG Bont
First Goal Bruce

Remi Moses
03-08-2020, 04:49 PM
Us by 1pt
BOG Macrae
1st goal Wallis

Bulldog Joe
03-08-2020, 04:54 PM
I think we can win. But on the balance of things, Port winning is more likely.

Port by 6 points.
BOG Bont
First Goal Bruce

I know we CAN win, I just have no expectation that we will.

Twice Bitten
03-08-2020, 06:01 PM
Will the ego boost of probably tipping correctly make me pick against the Bulldogs?
Never.
Never have and never will.
A fan equivocates; a supporter supports through thick and thin. Or as in Bullies case - thick and thin and thick and thin and thick and thin.

Us by 9 pts
BOG Bont
1st goal Bruce

Eastdog
03-08-2020, 07:35 PM
Cmon Dogs!

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
03-08-2020, 07:59 PM
Dog 17 points
First goal: Vandermeer
BOG: Bont ( has to be if we're going to upset Port)

ratsmac
03-08-2020, 08:10 PM
Time to bring it doggies!!!!!

Bumper Bulldogs
03-08-2020, 08:10 PM
Dogs by 12 points
BOG. Libba
1st Goal Wallis

Eastdog
03-08-2020, 08:14 PM
Cody gets us firing! Fair 50m penalty for high tackle.

ratsmac
03-08-2020, 08:24 PM
Dixon already a worry

comrade
03-08-2020, 08:25 PM
Lipinski needs a good hard look at himself.

Mofra
03-08-2020, 08:26 PM
Started with decent intent

Eastdog
03-08-2020, 08:27 PM
Mitch Wallis in good form. Great stuff to Sam Lloyd who finishes.

Sedat
Sharp start. Well done Mitch.

Need to make sure Bruce kills those rebound marks from Jonas and co.

comrade
Take a bow Mitch.

ratsmac
Wally nice stuff

GVGjr
03-08-2020, 08:29 PM
Roarke Smith getting involved early..good on him
Dunkley's set shot was always going to go right as that was the way he ran at it
Bont and Macrae taking a turn in the ruck
Crozier on Dixon could be a problem
Williams productive
Wallis showing his worth
and a few decisions going our way

I'm liking the energy we have brought so far

comrade
03-08-2020, 08:31 PM
Bruce couldn't catch a cold right now.

Sedat
03-08-2020, 08:31 PM
Awesome Keath

comrade
03-08-2020, 08:33 PM
Have to make the most of this dominance. Let's luck a few goals.

Eastdog
03-08-2020, 08:36 PM
Pressure has been good.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
Love the effort, but so wasteful.

Sedat
Gee that's a poor effort by Bruce going one handed

comrade
Lipinski and Bruce are our 2 most out of form players. It shows.

MrMahatma
03-08-2020, 08:38 PM
Good qtr. 2.5 not the best reading but we’ve shown what we can do. English ready to dominate the hit outs.

comrade
03-08-2020, 08:38 PM
Can't fault the intent and effort, playing our style. Finishing lets us down as always.

Mantis
03-08-2020, 08:39 PM
Gee that's a poor effort by Bruce going one handed

He jumped off the wrong leg... horrible effort.

comrade
03-08-2020, 08:39 PM
He jumped off the wrong leg... horrible effort.

Lipinski should have handballed it to Daniel on his outside.

The Bulldogs Bite
03-08-2020, 08:40 PM
Bruce is rubbish at the moment.

I was excited about his arrival but he's been absolutely crap and really, should probably be dropped.

EasternWest

Get around him.

How do I delete someone else's post?

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
English has done well. 5 hit outs to advantage. Mids applying themselves well.

The Underdog
03-08-2020, 08:41 PM
Lipinski and Bruce are our 2 most out of form players. It shows.

Upside with Lipinski is that when he gets the ball in any space he hits a target by foot. Which makes him a rare bird in this team.
Really like Roarke Smith’s first quarter, got involved and did little things well. We need to keep the dominance around the footy, because if they get easy ball into the forward 50, we’re *!*!*!*!ed.

Sedat
Midfield very strong in the phone box so far

jeemak
Bruce couldn't catch a cold right now.

Unlucky, the one he clunked getting called back and then Lipinski missing him with a hot short ball.

The pressure and effort to get first to the ball is looking really good from the team tonight. Need to do our best to capitalise on some possession.

Mofra
03-08-2020, 08:43 PM
Jeez Laith can kick it further than I would have given him credit for

comrade
03-08-2020, 08:45 PM
Ed Richards kicking into Hartlett was really bad. Has a habit of fluffing his lines under pressure a little too much.

bornadog
Bruce, Wood haven't touched the ball

comrade
Unlucky, the one he clunked getting called back and then Lipinski missing him with a hot short ball.

The pressure and effort to get first to the ball is looking really good from the team tonight. Need to do our best to capitalise on some possession.

Yeah the kick from Lipinski sucked but he needs to mark that. He's at Tom Boyd levels at the moment.

Sedat
03-08-2020, 08:47 PM
Getting outmarked at CHF is hurting us. Need to stop their rebound defensive marks

comrade
03-08-2020, 08:49 PM
Port inside 50 = shot on goal.

Sedat
Unlucky free against Bont.

The Bulldogs Bite
Few players letting us down with no influence. Likes of Bruce, Lipinski and Richards who are all repeat offenders.

MrMahatma
Still well on top. Can’t let soft goals make us drop our head.

kruder
03-08-2020, 08:50 PM
Our forwards all lead to the same spot, surely they watched Richmonds set up after last week. Need to create separation.

Schache would have been handy in this one.

Eastdog
03-08-2020, 08:51 PM
Forward 50 marking letting us down.

comrade
03-08-2020, 08:53 PM
Forward 50 marking letting us down.

Forward 50 everything. It's like the blokes down there have never played forward in their life.

Sedat
03-08-2020, 08:54 PM
These defensive 50 rebound marks are annoying the crap out of me

comrade
Honestly, unless we run it to the goal line we're not going to score.

bulldogsthru&thru
Surely we give up the most defensive marks than any other team

The Bulldogs Bite
03-08-2020, 08:55 PM
Our forward line is VFL standard

Mantis
03-08-2020, 08:55 PM
Forward 50 everything. It's like the blokes down there have never played forward in their life.

Having more than one player over 6 foot would be nice... long bombs to short players.. rinse & repeat!

MrMahatma
03-08-2020, 08:56 PM
God Naughton down there would be good

comrade
03-08-2020, 08:57 PM
Having more than one player over 6 foot would be nice... long bombs to short players.. rinse & repeat!

Shame Schache has been banished to Siberia.

Sedat
03-08-2020, 08:58 PM
Richards high IQ getting to the ball and low IQ with ball in hand

kruder
03-08-2020, 08:59 PM
Lippa welcome to 2020!

The Bulldogs Bite
Wallis IQ is impressive. Just wish he could run but he's dependable.

comrade
Great tackle Lippa.

EasternWest
03-08-2020, 09:00 PM
McLean's touches have been so clean tonight.

MrMahatma
03-08-2020, 09:01 PM
Is Wood out there?

Mofra
Wanted: A half forward line

bulldogsthru&thru
This htb rule has me totally lost.

Eastdog
03-08-2020, 09:02 PM
Wallis has been excellent

Rocket Science
03-08-2020, 09:03 PM
My kingdom to see Bruce get separation on his opponent just once.

bornadog
03-08-2020, 09:03 PM
HTB back to old interpretation

bornadog
03-08-2020, 09:04 PM
Port supporters are BOGANS

Mofra
03-08-2020, 09:04 PM
Have I mentioned I love Libba yet?

Eastdog
03-08-2020, 09:06 PM
That was stupid play there

bulldogsthru&thru
How embarrassing

bornadog
Unforgivable

The Underdog
03-08-2020, 09:07 PM
Overpossess-turnover-goal-Drink

Mantis
$700k for what?

bulldogsthru&thru
Seriously that could turn the game.

The Bulldogs Bite
Ah JJ....

angelopetraglia
One handball too many all night. Kills you.

The Bulldogs Bite
03-08-2020, 09:08 PM
$700k for what?

Most overpaid player on our list by a long way

bulldogsthru&thru
03-08-2020, 09:08 PM
Our exact gameplay problem. Total domination for nothing on the scoreboard.

Sedat
03-08-2020, 09:09 PM
So sick of these defensive 50 marks

comrade
03-08-2020, 09:10 PM
Bruce is deliberately just trying to spoil now.

DOG GOD
03-08-2020, 09:10 PM

That’s what happens Sedat when you have Bruce and the mosquito fleet around him.

bornadog
03-08-2020, 09:11 PM
Our exact gameplay problem. Total domination for nothing on the scoreboard.

We are matching the top side. Just have to keep this up

Mantis

What did we expect with absolutely no height up forward to support Bruce?

EasternWest
Port supporters are BOGANS

Name me a club whose supporters aren't, ours included?

angelopetraglia
We have ran out of ideas on how to score. We lose no threat and can’t even bring the ball to ground. 13 more inside 50s for the same amount of goals.

bulldogsthru&thru
03-08-2020, 09:12 PM
Nice effort but our problems are in full display. Turnovers lead to easy goals out the back but more crucially we can’t get anything going up forward. They mark it or clear it out of 50 every bloody time. Whatever we’re trying to do simply doesn’t work and it hasn’t for 3 years. Jesus why isn’t Schache out there

bornadog
Name me a club whose supporters aren't, ours included?

Have you seen them, booing everything

comrade
What did we expect with absolutely no height up forward to support Bruce?

We're kicking inside 50 as if we have West Coast's forward line.

Eastdog
Played very well. Pressure been great just cannot capitalise - THE MOST IMPORTANT ASPECT OF THE GAME!!

Sedat
03-08-2020, 09:13 PM
Fantastic work rate and effort. We are doing so much right so far, but our delivery into F50 coupled with the inability of our forwards to prevent their defenders marking our I50's needs urgent repair.

DOG GOD
How many of our handballs are to players standing still ? So frustrating.

And crozier handballs to JJ with JJ running fwd, for JJ to stop and try to hand sideways to Crozier standing still. Makes no friggin sense.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
Very frustrating and error riddled half. Can't fault the effort and intensity but execution is rubbish. So much energy expended for almost nothing.
Can't help but wonder if we're positioned like George Foreman v Ali, where we've punched ourselves out.

comrade
Nice effort but our problems are in full display. Turnovers lead to easy goals out the back but more crucially we can’t get anything going up forward. They mark it or clear it out of 50 every bloody time. Whatever we’re trying to do simply doesn’t work and it hasn’t for 3 years. Jesus why isn’t Schache out there

The scary thing is this is us playing our brand of footy. It doesn't get much better than this for us.

Port have another 2-3 gears, we're close to full throttle and we've kicked 3 goals.

The Bulldogs Bite
Well, hat off to the mids. Great first half. Delivery into the forward line was poor, but sometimes you need to kick it long and you need your forwards to, you know, contest? Aside from Wallis, nobody can mark it let alone contest it in the air.

How is it we forget about Schache and Young but are happy enough for Bruce to deliver nothing? We are desperate for another tall target yet we refuse to play them.

Effort has been great but I can see this turning into a either a close loss or a blowout if we don't maintain that dominance.

bulldogsthru&thru

Unfortunately this has getting run over all over it. Great effort but we’ll blow opportunity after opportunity, they’ll take their gifted opportunities. Then we’ll drop our intensity 5-10% and they’ll run over us

jeemak
I could have intercepted that JJ handball from my couch.

Players like Lloyd need to lower the eyes and take shorter targets taking the ball forward. There was one where he saw Libba, almost went short, but went long instead and of course Port killed the footy. The short to Libba was clearly on and would have opened up the ground given Libba is a leftie.

Anyway, the endeavour is there. We just need English to take some pressure off with around the ground marking, and we Bruce to hold one or two.

Sedat
03-08-2020, 09:14 PM
We look 1 tall forward short, but our delivery into F50 is also not helping. Need to spot up the short options.

GVGjr
03-08-2020, 09:14 PM

10 minutes of good footy by us could break this game wide open
I'm still liking our effort but there is still a bit to get done

ratsmac
03-08-2020, 09:15 PM
You have to admire our endeavour BUT *!*!*!*! we look like an ordinary team going forward. Bruce couldn't catch the coronavirus in the quarantine hotel right now! Hes dropping everything

Grantysghost
Our around the ground stoppage A game is contested ball win, quick handball chain to create overlap but we generally either go one too many and put ourselves under pressure or kick with the same urgency as those phone box handballs which must be a nightmare for forwards. We can't seem to create a clean entry often enough.
The effort can't be faulted, but not sure I love our 1 wood.

1eyedog

Who needs forwards when you have luck?

Mofra
Really need a second tall forward. Even a mobile mid sizer would help

bornadog
03-08-2020, 09:16 PM
Dunkley quiet after first quarter with only two touches. Libba is playing a great game and trying to get things moving, but we need to capitalise. Bruce one touch. Needs to lead more

comrade
03-08-2020, 09:17 PM
Who needs forwards when you have luck?

That McLean goal was peak Bulldogs.

G-Mo77
03-08-2020, 09:17 PM
The scary thing is this is us playing our brand of footy. It doesn't get much better than this for us.

Port have another 2-3 gears, we're close to full throttle and we've kicked 3 goals.

Both teams are at full throttle and we've dominated play. The only difference is that they have made the most of the small chances they've had. It was a typical Doggies quarter, hardly any scoring control the play and keep the ball inside 50 but hardly a score. The only way we look like scoring right now is the umps pluck one out for us.

angelopetraglia
03-08-2020, 09:18 PM
25 inside 50s. Bruce one handball.

comrade
03-08-2020, 09:19 PM
Both teams are at full throttle and we've dominated play. The only difference is that they have made the most of the small chances they've had. It was a typical Doggies quarter, hardly any scoring control the play and keep the ball inside 50 but hardly a score. The only way we look like scoring right now is the umps pluck one out for us.

Port aren't close to playing at their best.

comrade
03-08-2020, 09:19 PM
25 inside 50s. Bruce one handball.

And he threw that one!

Happy Days
03-08-2020, 09:20 PM
It's usually not a coincidence when one team dominates play, the other is crazy efficient with their inside 50s.

This is identical to the McCartney Bulldogs. We're going to lose.

EasternWest
Have you seen them, booing everything

I'm watching the same game, yes.

That carry on happens all game, every game.

And if I'm honest with you, we've had plenty go our way this game. There was a section of play we gave away three frees in 15 seconds, none of which were called.

The Underdog
Handball club or constantly refer pressure to your teammate until someone scrambles a kick club?

The bulldog tragician
Ricciuto to Hinkley: "you're not having any luck with the umpires."

Adelaide boys club at work, completely unprofessional. Might as well have me in the commentary team.

Sedat

Glass half full, we are making the ladder leader look impotent on their home deck. The JJ error aside, they struggled to kick 2 goals in a half against us. A lot of our game is working, especially in and around the ball and at stoppages.

comrade
03-08-2020, 09:21 PM
Tim English got smashed in the 2nd quarter. He's looking more cooked with every game.

EasternWest
It's usually not a coincidence when one team dominates play, the other is crazy efficient with their inside 50s.

But hey, we're cracking in.

bornadog
10 minutes of good footy by us could break this game wide open
I'm still liking our effort but there is still a bit to get done

We need to continue with that effort, and not turn the ball over, and kick some bleeding goals

EasternWest

Adelaide boys club at work, completely unprofessional. Might as well have me in the commentary team.

I'd rather hear that to be honest.

G-Mo77
Port aren't close to playing at their best.

Why? Because we haven't let them, that's why. Both teams are going full tilt. The pressure is immense.

bornadog
03-08-2020, 09:23 PM
I'm watching the same game, yes.

That carry on happens all game, every game.

And if I'm honest with you, we've had plenty go our way this game. There was a section of play we gave away three frees in 15 seconds, none of which were called.

Frees are even

Happy Days
03-08-2020, 09:24 PM

Losing clearances by a million but it's the umpires fault. A pretty apt microcosm of why the Crows are where they are from Ricciuto.

G-Mo77

I feel it'll be an honourable loss as well. Can't sit up to watch the end due to the 3am wake up for work tomorrow but that's probably a good thing because I'll either be peed off or high on adrenalin after a close win.

jeemak

He's a complete dickhead. You get the coach for a few seconds, your job is to extract information, and your contribution is asking a question he can't answer. What a dickhead.

Happy Days
Frees are even

Therefore the game has been umpired perfectly, Bigfooty told me so.

Grantysghost
Macrae 6 tackles to half time. Great effort.

G-Mo77
03-08-2020, 09:25 PM
Frees are even

And we've been screwed royally with HTB. They won't pay us one of those

Hotdog60
03-08-2020, 09:25 PM
What was JJ thinking he had momentum and instead of running down the middle 30 or 40 metres decides to give it back to them for a goal.

DOG GOD
03-08-2020, 09:26 PM
Tim English got smashed in the 2nd quarter. He's looking more cooked with every game.
Definitely needs a rest..maybe it will be the Adelaide game

bornadog
And we've been screwed royally with HTB. They won't pay us one of those

yeah I am confused with the HTB and so are the players

merantau
I am listening on the wireless. Have read the entire thread and Woofers opinions are mirrored by the commentators. So frustrating to dominate everywhere - except on the scoreboard - and then give them a goal via a turnover. Btw, according to the commentators we did not get a free kick that quarter.

EasternWest
03-08-2020, 09:27 PM
Frees are even

That settles it then.

Hotdog60
03-08-2020, 09:28 PM
I think we need to go back to one umpire on the field so we can have a consistent call.

MrMahatma
03-08-2020, 09:28 PM
Are we winning or not?

Gee... glass half empty on here?

We’re gonna win. Midfield is up and about.

Topdog
03-08-2020, 09:29 PM
Very similar to the gold coast game except this time it's us dominating the general play

Sedat
03-08-2020, 09:29 PM
One of the great mysteries this season is how on earth Josh Bruce kicked 6 goals on Robbie Tarrant.

I know he is lacking support and good delivery but his form is a real worry, and over a decent sample size.

HOSE B ROMERO
03-08-2020, 09:30 PM
'A' grade effort. I know it's frustrating that we're not getting reward for effort but if we can keep up this effort, we can go close.

G-Mo77
03-08-2020, 09:30 PM
Very similar to the gold coast game except this time it's us dominating the general play

Thought the exact same thing TD. We lead at half time in that game though so it means we'll win this one. Right?

ratsmac
03-08-2020, 09:32 PM
If we clean up our ball use forward of centre we have this

comrade
03-08-2020, 09:35 PM
Lloyd is not a clever footballer. That inside 50 was garbage.

Eastdog
03-08-2020, 09:36 PM
Bloody hell JJ!!

Mantis
Love your work JJ.

angelopetraglia
JJ. Owes us two goals. Gee whiz. Brain fade.

The Bulldogs Bite
03-08-2020, 09:37 PM
Trade JJ.

EasternWest
That's it. Trade Johannisen.

Topdog
2 goals for Port today JJ

Sedat
Farken JJ. Take the easy option by hand

MrMahatma
That’s 2 he’s given up

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
JJ... 2 goals he's cost us.
We look awful now. Fumbly, and error prone.

DOG GOD
Here come the floodgates

jeemak
JJ's making a fool of himself tonight! Goodness me.

comrade
03-08-2020, 09:38 PM
What was that effort from Bont in the contest? Let his man go.

GVGjr
03-08-2020, 09:39 PM
We need to get the next goal, badly

Eastdog
03-08-2020, 09:39 PM
This is what happens when you do not take your chances!

jeemak
03-08-2020, 09:40 PM
Ignore Dixon clearly pushing Cordy in the back and then pay him a free.

Great.

chef
Here comes the real Port.

kruder
Young Cody looks like he is ready for under 18 football, looks along way off it.

Boys need to hang in they are off a 4 day break we can still do it.

Topdog
This one's finished

comrade
Going to be a tough lead to chase down, no joke.

Sedat
15 contested marks to 1

Mantis
03-08-2020, 09:41 PM
Hopefully at some stage we might pick someone who is over 6 foot to play forward... he certainly has his favourites does our coach.

Grantysghost
03-08-2020, 09:41 PM
What was that effort from Bont in the contest? Let his man go.

What is going on with him it's bizarre. We really struggle in the air but continually bomb it by foot. 15 contested marks to 1.

bulldogsthru&thru
03-08-2020, 09:42 PM
Flood gates are opening. We’re a really average team let’s face it

ratsmac
03-08-2020, 09:42 PM
Absolute BS free to dixon ffs

1eyedog
03-08-2020, 09:43 PM
3 goals haha

G-Mo77
It's over

angelopetraglia
Our overuse turnovers changed the entire trajectory of the game.

ratsmac
Hands in the back doesn't exist anymore

jeemak
Weak as piss Dogs. How did we not have someone coming over the top of that.

Grantysghost
Bevo doing his patented "perplexed".

Eastdog
We are useless in that forward line :mad:

DOG GOD
This will be another Carlton game

The Bulldogs Bite
So predictable.

Let's go and recruit another couple of KPPs so we can not play them.and be outmarked all over the ground.

comrade
03-08-2020, 09:44 PM
Why? Because we haven't let them, that's why. Both teams are going full tilt. The pressure is immense.

This is the extra gear or two.

Happy Days
Ricciuto happy for his mate Dixon :)

Topdog
This feels like a 7 goal loss

Bullies
03-08-2020, 09:45 PM
This feels like a 7 goal loss that is being generous. Floodgates

ratsmac
Typical

The Bulldogs Bite
Here comes the great fold. 8+ goal loss coming up.

EasternWest
03-08-2020, 09:46 PM
Did Ricciuto really just say that switching Caleb Daniel to the forward line would get us back in the game?

Eastdog
Bloody hell Dogs :mad:

ratsmac
dixon can have fist full of jumper and never penalised

Bullies
Someone tell me what Roarke offers. Am i missing something?

comrade
Bailey Smith has turned into a panic merchant the last 2 weeks.

Topdog
03-08-2020, 09:47 PM
That hasn't been paid deliberate in 3 years

Mantis
Did Ricciuto really just say that switching Caleb Daniel to the forward line would get us back in the game?

That was King.

ratsmac
We need a response

bulldogsthru&thru
03-08-2020, 09:48 PM

That’s what we do to players we bring in.

But hey let’s just try harder next week and everything will magically change

ratsmac
we are kike a deer in the headlights here. Cmon dogs

RoZDog
Players look dead on their feet.

comrade
We need a response

We've shot our bullets in the first half. That was the best we had.

Sedat
03-08-2020, 09:49 PM
Wood needs to be better than that with a simple disposal by foot

Mantis
03-08-2020, 09:49 PM
I don’t think we can play Easton Wood anymore... he just cannot hit a target and isn’t an influence with his intercept marks.

Topdog
03-08-2020, 09:50 PM
Oh FMD Cordy

DOG GOD
Cordy outmarked ;)

Mantis
We've shot our bullets in the first half. That was the best we had.

Yep... we had 25 inside 50’s for 3 goals. Embarrassing.

jeemak
03-08-2020, 09:51 PM
No hands in the back again.

FrediKanoute
Port keeping us in it.

Need a goal before 3/4 time and we are still in it

Topdog
If we can somehow get a goal here, is still a game but gee it appears unlikely

Topdog
03-08-2020, 09:52 PM
No hands in the back again.

That wasn't close to a free

Eastdog
Yep... we had 25 inside 50’s for 3 goals. Embarrassing.

Just not good enough. We must do better than that when we are dominating the game.

ratsmac
Can't even win a 1on1 right now anywhere on the ground

DOG GOD
Port keeping us in it.

Need a goal before 3/4 time and we are still in it

We will be lucky to kick another goal for the game

chef
Shit defending

merantau
It is very obvious from the commentary that the game has completely turned. We are just hanging on. One more goal to them and it could be game over. We are not able to string four quarters together. Georgiardies misses. We are still in it in theory but in practice it looks like we're cooked.

The Bulldogs Bite
03-08-2020, 09:53 PM
We're like a dog trying to bite without any teeth.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
Why was no one near Ladhams?
Wheels off now. We're a rabble.

angelopetraglia
We dominate two quarters. Even.

They dominate one quarter. Game over.

chef
Brisbane up next. Yay.

ratsmac
I say it again hands in the back doesn't exist anymore

kruder
Time to send the wives and kids home i reckon.

GVGjr
03-08-2020, 09:54 PM
I don’t think we can play Easton Wood anymore... he just cannot hit a target and isn’t an influence with his intercept marks.

The signs have been there for a couple of years now but he will be played

Eastdog
We dominate two quarters. Even.

They dominate one quarter. Game over.

So frustrating!!!!!

G-Mo77
Nowhere near the effort we put in that first half. We're letting them walk it now. When is some real heat going to be put on the coaches. He have been this way for so long. We cannot funking score!!

jeemak
03-08-2020, 09:55 PM

I was going to post he seems out of form at the moment.

ratsmac
Ports pressure went up and we are found wanting BIG time

Sedat
They brought the heat in the middle that qtr.

We can't sustain a game plan that requires us to win clearances and I50's by 10-20 to squeak over the line. Good teams will get their turn to dominate in the middle, and we will get obliterated when they do.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
We need to score 24 points in the last term to hit the front, if Port don't score.....we've only scored 23 points in 3Qtrs.
Goodnight...

Rocket Science
03-08-2020, 09:56 PM
Bruce & Bont playing largely as a key forward have taken 1 mark between them.

Naughton can't come back quick enough.

comrade
03-08-2020, 09:56 PM
Ports pressure went up and we are found wanting BIG time

They were going half rat power in the first half.

As soon as they flicked the switch, we were laughably outmatched.

DOG GOD
03-08-2020, 09:57 PM
No way were we going to sustain that first half pressure. Like usual, we used all the Petrol vouchers and couldn’t score. It was just a matter of time. I’m now waiting for port to put the foot on the throat and send us back to Qld with a 40+ point loss.

The Bulldogs Bite
Our only weapon is effort.

That's the sign of a bottom 6 squad. When effort declines even slightly, we're irrelevant against half decent opposition.

We need a list and coaching clean-up.

Grantysghost
Apart from four magical weeks has this handball game been super effective? We persist almost in hope. I find it a frustrating tactic; easily countered. Shame the effort fell away when challenged in that quarter. Port have dominated the air 18 contested marks to 1 now.

FrediKanoute
Nowhere near the effort we put in that first half. We're letting them walk it now. When is some real heat going to be put on the coaches. He have been this way for so long. We cannot funking score!!

Look Port were always going to come. They got a roll and our mids struggled to handle it. This game was lost (yes I am assuming that we cannot kick 4 unanswered goals) at the selection table (again). Bruce cannot be the sole marking forward. He does enough to bring the ball to ground, but it makes us one dimensional. You can't beat the better teams with that approach.

Mantis
They brought the heat in the middle that qtr.

We can't have a game plan that requires us to win clearances and I50's by 10-20 to squeak over the line.

The game plan is fine... we don’t have the personnel to implement it.

So I guess the game plan for this team isn’t going to work against the decent teams.