First goal:
Best on ground:

Eastdog
05-08-2020, 02:46 PM
Bump

azabob
05-08-2020, 07:32 PM
Huge game for us.

Can we replicate what Richmond did and make Brisbane go wide and reduce their goal scoring conversion?

DOG GOD
05-08-2020, 08:42 PM
Cameron kicked 1.3 last night. That won’t happen again. I’m expecting 5.0 this week.

Bris by 27
Ist goal - Wallis
Bog- macrae

Eastdog
05-08-2020, 09:01 PM
I’ll go early

Dogs by 12 points
First goal: Lipinski
Best on ground: Libba

bornadog
06-08-2020, 03:38 PM
https://youtu.be/NvuajtsqlAQ

1eyedog
07-08-2020, 11:25 AM
Brisbane by 16 points
Macrae BOG having an amazing year. Doesn't hurt the opposition but is a super contributor.
Gowers first goal.

Happy Days
07-08-2020, 11:30 AM
Assuming Naughton is back I think we're a really good chance here. Andrews' reputation is benefitting from the dearth of quality key forwards at the moment (as shown in his poor effort on Lynch last week) and is left to create a bit too much owing to the overall lack of talent in the Brisbane defence. If we have Naughton back then he'll be forced to engage, and it should lead to better looks and more goals with little threat of intercept from anyone else.

But wow what a game to lose Crozier before.

Dogs by 11
First goal Wallis
BOG Macrae as this game is still in Queensland

Axe Man
07-08-2020, 11:42 AM
Brisbane by 16 points
Macrae BOG having an amazing year. Doesn't hurt the opposition but is a super contributor.
Gowers first goal.

The opposition coaches that tag him obviously don't agree.

bornadog
07-08-2020, 01:48 PM
Dogs by 9
First Goal: Lloyd
BOG: Libba

1eyedog
07-08-2020, 02:11 PM
The opposition coaches that tag him obviously don't agree.

He's an accumulator and it's only been this year since the Bont has had virtually zero impact as well.

Eastdog
07-08-2020, 02:15 PM
He's an accumulator and it's only been this year since the Bont has had virtually zero impact as well.

Was excellent against the Tigers in a disappointing game overall for us. Bont was great against the Swans but yes need to find the form again. Bont and Libba vitally important to our team.

Mofra
07-08-2020, 02:17 PM
Brisbane by 24
First goal (for us): Wallis
BOG: Macrae

Axe Man
07-08-2020, 02:28 PM

That he is but you don't have to take 5 bounces and kick 55 metre goals to hurt the opposition. To say he doesn't hurt the opposition by winning contested ball and cleverly distributing it by hand and foot does him a disservice. Bont has been down at times but virtually no impact? Please.

1eyedog
07-08-2020, 02:54 PM
That he is but you don't have to take 5 bounces and kick 55 metre goals to hurt the opposition. To say he doesn't hurt the opposition by winning contested ball and cleverly distributing it by hand and foot does him a disservice. Bont has been down at times but virtually no impact? Please.

I'm not the only one there was a mongrel punt article a few weeks ago that said the very same thing. He's an accumulator and has been playing inside many teams will select one player to tag and Jack has been that player a few times. Re. Bont no impact is a stretch but he is down on form or playing injured and the opposition know it.

You often defend players and while I think it's admirable even you have too admit that Jack does not carry the ball, has no penetration in his kicking, does not get forward as a mid to score that often, is not quick and can often turn it over by making bad decisions. Don't get me wrong, I love him and have had him in my best most weeks this year but he seldom hurts the opposition in any meaningful way.

1eyedog
07-08-2020, 02:58 PM
Was excellent against the Tigers in a disappointing game overall for us. Bont was great against the Swans but yes need to find the form again. Bont and Libba vitally important to our team.

Was the one thing light against the Tiges Easty. It's funny that Jack is often in our best when we lose but seldom in our top 3 when we win.

bulldogsthru&thru
07-08-2020, 03:01 PM
Was the one thing light against the Tiges Easty. It's funny that Jack is often in our best when we lose but seldom in our top 3 when we win.

It is funny. He is so consistent week to week which not a lot of players on our list can say. I've said it before that he's rarely missed a game for us. I think we'd notice big time if he were out injured/suspended.

Danjul
07-08-2020, 03:42 PM
you have too admit that Jack does not carry the ball, has no penetration in his kicking, does not get forward as a mid to score that often, is not quick and can often turn it over by making bad decisions. Don't get me wrong, I love him and have had him in my best most weeks this year but he seldom hurts the opposition in any meaningful way.
The world’s best athletes stay the best because they have people monitoring every aspect of their performance and giving constructive criticism. I feel puzzled that nobody is doing that for Macrae. He could be the competition’s most valuable player with a few of the tweaks you mentioned. Something is lacking in the coaching when we haven’t seen some modifications over the last 3 years.

Axe Man
07-08-2020, 03:56 PM
I'm not the only one there was a mongrel punt article a few weeks ago that said the very same thing. He's an accumulator and has been playing inside many teams will select one player to tag and Jack has been that player a few times. Re. Bont no impact is a stretch but he is down on form or playing injured and the opposition know it.

You often defend players and while I think it's admirable even you have too admit that Jack does not carry the ball, has no penetration in his kicking, does not get forward as a mid to score that often, is not quick and can often turn it over by making bad decisions. Don't get me wrong, I love him and have had him in my best most weeks this year but he seldom hurts the opposition in any meaningful way.

I think we are just disagreeing over definitions. I don't believe the only way to hurt the opposition is to do the flashy outside things. Libba can hurt the opposition by denying their mids first use by winning the ball himself. A good backman can hurt the opposition by nullifying a forward. There's more than on way to skin a cat.

To me someone who doesn't hurt the opposition may be a mid that is overly conservative with their possessions, rarely looking to attack, or who has poor disposal and often hands to ball back to the other team. Macrae often hits aggressive angle kicks through the middle that open the ground up for his teammates - that's hurting the opposition to me.

Axe Man
07-08-2020, 04:00 PM
The world’s best athletes stay the best because they have people monitoring every aspect of their performance and giving constructive criticism. I feel puzzled that nobody is doing that for Macrae. He could be the competition’s most valuable player with a few of the tweaks you mentioned. Something is lacking in the coaching when we haven’t seen some modifications over the last 3 years.

Is 1ED mentioning tweeks or limitations? To me Macrae plays to his strengths, within his limitations. He can't get quicker or kick the ball further. He may be able to hit the scoreboard more but we have other mids more suited to that. I don't think there's much he needs to change. I strongly dispute that he often turns the ball over with bad decisions though - more of an exception than a rule I would have thought.

Bulldog Joe
07-08-2020, 04:17 PM

I am strong disagreement with much of what you say about Macrae

Jack does not carry the ball True, but he is very effective at moving the ball on and being in position to receive. He provides the options for defenders and sets up scoring chains.

no penetration in his kicking Jack is not a long kick but his DE is very sound.

can often turn it over by making bad decisions I think his issue here is that he often chooses high risk options to get us going, but his turnover rate is not excessive.

he seldom hurts the opposition in any meaningful way His score involvement is ahead of Bont and Macrae is often the instigator of scoring chains, plus a few other opportunities that breakdown due to the performances of those further up the ground.

I do agree that he doesn't do enough in actually taking shots at goal and I am sometimes concerned that he has days where he doesn't work hard enough defensively, but generally that is an exception.

Happy Days
07-08-2020, 04:18 PM
Macrae is a gun what are we doing here.

1eyedog
07-08-2020, 04:28 PM
I am strong disagreement with much of what you say about Macrae

Jack does not carry the ball True, but he is very effective at moving the ball on and being in position to receive. He provides the options for defenders and sets up scoring chains.

no penetration in his kicking Jack is not a long kick but his DE is very sound.

can often turn it over by making bad decisions I think his issue here is that he often chooses high risk options to get us going, but his turnover rate is not excessive.

he seldom hurts the opposition in any meaningful way His score involvement is ahead of Bont and Macrae is often the instigator of scoring chains, plus a few other opportunities that breakdown due to the performances of those further up the ground.

I do agree that he doesn't do enough in actually taking shots at goal and I am sometimes concerned that he has days where he doesn't work hard enough defensively, but generally that is an exception.

So you strongly disagree but then you proceed to break up the post and pretty much agree with everything I've said? Ok.

Danjul
07-08-2020, 04:31 PM
Is 1ED mentioning tweeks or limitations? To me Macrae plays to his strengths, within his limitations. He can't get quicker or kick the ball further. He may be able to hit the scoreboard more but we have other mids more suited to that. I don't think there's much he needs to change. I strongly dispute that he often turns the ball over with bad decisions though - more of an exception than a rule I would have thought.

I think his kicking could be improved significantly.

At the moment his passes are floating towards the target and that allows the opposition valuable time to man up and either spoil or corral.

Not worried about distance but a flatter trajectory would help the forwards enormously.

1eyedog
07-08-2020, 04:37 PM
I think we are just disagreeing over definitions. I don't believe the only way to hurt the opposition is to do the flashy outside things. Libba can hurt the opposition by denying their mids first use by winning the ball himself. A good backman can hurt the opposition by nullifying a forward. There's more than on way to skin a cat.

To me someone who doesn't hurt the opposition may be a mid that is overly conservative with their possessions, rarely looking to attack, or who has poor disposal and often hands to ball back to the other team. Macrae often hits aggressive angle kicks through the middle that open the ground up for his teammates - that's hurting the opposition to me.

I think you're right. When I say hurting the opposition I meant more in terms of the examples I provided i.e. scoring (although he has brought this into his game over the past few years), carrying the ball etc. but in hindsight he's not that kind of mid, so perhaps I'm judging him for what he's not not based on what he is. I do understand how you define winning the ball in close (which he does at an elite level), as causing hurt to the opposition.

I'm not sure I agree on his kicking. It's been getting crazier and more high risk. Last year he started kicking like Piggy but without the penetration and , this season in particular, has been taking more and more risk with his kicks. Sure he's trying to be creative and get us going and sometimes they don't work. Was it Macrae who tried that sideways kick to JJ that led to turnover goal? I can't remember. I'm just trying to bring attention to that because gifting the ball to the opposition in critical moments is, well it's soul destroying. Just ask JJ.

Anyway that's enough of me looking at Macrae glass half empty, he also has tremendous strengths

hujsh
07-08-2020, 04:41 PM

Sounds a lot like Scott West from what I remember.

Bulldog Joe
07-08-2020, 04:44 PM
So you strongly disagree but then you proceed to break up the post and pretty much agree with everything I've said? Ok.

I didn't think you had a comprehension issue.

I have disagreed with
1. he causes turnovers by making bad decisions - Absolutely Disagree
2. seldoms hurts the opposition. Absolutely Disagree. He is one of our prime movers

additionally I have added how he contributes within his skill set for 2 other points.

bornadog
07-08-2020, 05:53 PM

I have disagreed with
2. seldoms hurts the opposition. Absolutely Disagree. He is one of our prime movers

additionally I have added how he contributes within his skill set for 2 other points.

Macrae currently leads the inside 50s stat for us with 39 from the 10 games - I think that really hurts the opposition. 7th overall in the AFL out of 800 players.

bulldogsthru&thru
07-08-2020, 05:54 PM
Macrae is the perfect side kick for Bont. Now if only we could get Bont to play the way he is most damaging.

Axe Man
07-08-2020, 06:04 PM
Macrae is the perfect side kick for Bont. Now if only we could get Bont to play the way he is most damaging.

Agree with that, I would love to see Bont outside the contest a bit more.

1eyedog
07-08-2020, 09:05 PM

I have disagreed with

I certainly do sometimes, my Mother drank heavily during the pregnancy. And focus. I often lose focus on the topic.

Anyway, it was dealt with in an earlier post, the discussion was clouded by our definition of hurt factor and I agree. But I stand by what I said.

The Bulldogs Bite
08-08-2020, 12:39 AM
I get what 1ED is saying - Macrae isn't going to kick 3+ goals like a Dusty/Danger/Bont and he's not going to run the lines like Hill/I Smith/Gaff. These are all players who can rip sides apart with dominating hurt factor.

But he's still very damaging and hurts sides with his ability to win the ball inside and outside the contest, bring others into the game with his hands and his vision/risk taking with his kicking.

I think Hunter is a player that lacks hurt factor much more so than Macrae, and that's despite Lachie being a very good player.

Danjul
08-08-2020, 08:04 AM
Macrae currently leads the inside 50s stat for us with 39 from the 10 games - I think that really hurts the opposition. 7th overall in the AFL out of 800 players.

Our inside 50s are not hurting anyone other then ourselves. 7 out of 8 bounce back out. Often marked by opposition, giving them time to set up a damaging play.

That is why we struggle to get a handful of goals.

If someone improved Macrae’s kicking a little it might be helpful.

He is a fantastic player, always has been, but like many others at the club he is not showing the benefit of quality mentoring. (Apart from becoming a ruckman- which actually diminishes his contributions).

Oh well, at least he stayed. Oh well, at least he isn’t getting worse- we can say that about others.

bornadog
08-08-2020, 11:48 AM
Our inside 50s are not hurting anyone other then ourselves. 7 out of 8 bounce back out. Often marked by opposition, giving them time to set up a damaging play.

That is why we struggle to get a handful of goals.

If someone improved Macrae’s kicking a little it might be helpful.

He is a fantastic player, always has been, but like many others at the club he is not showing the benefit of quality mentoring. (Apart from becoming a ruckman- which actually diminishes his contributions).

Oh well, at least he stayed. Oh well, at least he isn’t getting worse- we can say that about others.

I think his kicking has improved tremendously over the years. Example that bullet pass last week to hit (i can't remember) right on the chest 40 metres out.

Happy Days
08-08-2020, 12:02 PM
Macrae is a damaging player. Accumulators don't rank 27th in the AFL in metres gained, which is a really impressive feat considering his rate of centre bounce attendance (actual accumulators Tom Mitchell and Matt Crouch are 87th and 1,000,000th for comparison). Can't believe this is even an argument to be honest.

Grantysghost
08-08-2020, 12:12 PM
Macrae is a damaging player. Accumulators don't rank 27th in the AFL in metres gained, which is a really impressive feat considering his rate of centre bounce attendance (actual accumulators Tom Mitchell and Matt Crouch are 87th and 1,000,000th for comparison). Can't believe this is even an argument to be honest.

https://i.postimg.cc/k4sVMbqM/Screenshot-20200808-111021-Chrome.jpg (https://postimages.org/)

westbulldog
08-08-2020, 12:45 PM
Brisbane by 16 points
Gowers first goal.

ANY other team would instantly contract Jack Macrae for $800k-$1M a year. he is AA and elite. Is Gowers in the team ?

Brisbane by 30
BOG Macrae
First goal Vandermeer

The bulldog tragician
08-08-2020, 12:54 PM
How often is Macrae also the link when we clear out of defence. He is an amazing player. Without Jackson, no 2016 flag. As well as THAT goal, his efforts in the Hawthorn match as well as the GF were incredible, in fact whenever I’ve watched that game I’ve seen more and more how influential he was - it wouldn’t have been an injustice if he’d won the Norm Smith medal.

Danjul
08-08-2020, 01:22 PM

There’s no argument. Nobody on here is picking on Macrae. Nobody is criticising him in a negative way.

WE knew he would be one of our best players for a decade when we drafted him. And he has proven us correct.

But to point out, in a minor way, that he is not perfect is a crime. Wow.

Professionals are always striving to be better. People on here want them to be the best they can, that’s why they offer constructive comments.

SonofScray
08-08-2020, 02:40 PM
Macrae is superb. Dependable but at a much higher level than who we would usually ascribe that adjective too. He has one particular kick, low across his body and pulled to try and cut away through traffic that I think he over uses a bit. It looks good when it gets where it needed to go but is difficult to handle and doesn't take enough ground to really open up the field. He needs to use that a bit more sparingly.

Anyway. Tonight:

We will get flogged.
Expecting one of our low energy, disorganised nights.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
08-08-2020, 04:06 PM
Bulldog by 19 points
First Goal: Bruce

bornadog
08-08-2020, 04:36 PM
Bulldog by 19 points
First Goal: Bruce

Hopefully a good night for you seeing the boys live.

Remi Moses
08-08-2020, 05:05 PM
Went up last year
Reckon most of them hadn’t been to a game in 10 years

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
08-08-2020, 05:10 PM
Hopefully a good night for you seeing the boys live.

Thanks.
I'm always a bit wary of going to Lions home games. Crowd aren't very knowledgeable, and Qlder's have a massive parochial chip on their shoulders. Hopefully they're more tolerant these days and my kids aren't witness to anything ugly.

Eastdog
08-08-2020, 05:10 PM
https://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/news/791362/four-things-to-watch-round-11

Four things to watch: Round 11
The four hot topics and talking points ahead of Saturday night's clash against Brisbane at the Gabba.

1. Dogs add forward firepower

The Bulldogs will welcome back two proven goal-kickers in Aaron Naughton and Bailey Dale this week.

Both were pivotal players in 2019, but have had their injury struggles in recent times.

Naughton hasn’t played since round four, while Dale has missed the past three weeks.

But their nous around goal will be welcomed by a Bulldogs’ outfit which fought valiantly, however could only manage five goals last week against Port Adelaide.

Don’t expect miracles from the returning duo straight away. However, two more dangerous targets will undoubtedly help – and potentially free up others around goal.

2. The Neale Factor

Brisbane star Lachie Neale is among the Brownlow Medal front-runners at this point of the season.

He’s having another exceptional season.

Despite the shortened quarters, Neale is averaging 28.5 disposals and 5.5 clearances per game. Both of those numbers put him among the competition’s elite.

He’s also averaging a goal per game.

The Bulldogs have a star-studded midfield group of their own, but no doubt they will have one eye on reducing Neale’s impact as best they can.

3. Point to prove

Every game is important in this shortened season.

But you get the feeling these two teams will both have a point to prove on Saturday night.

The Bulldogs find themselves outside the top eight with a 5-5 record after 10 rounds – and desperate for a win after losses to top-four teams Richmond and Port Adelaide.

The Lions sit inside the top four – with a 7-3 record – but were humbled by the Tigers also last week.

Both of these teams are chock-full with young talent and will be looking forward to the opportunity on a big Saturday night stage.

4. English exam

Tim English has taken some big strides already in 2020.

Saturday night against the Lions looms as another opportunity for him to further establish his reputation as a star on the rise.

The Lions have a relatively inexperienced ruck combination this week – with Oscar McInerney joined by Matt Eagles in their side this week.

English is still just 22 years old, but the emerging big man has proven a match-winner on multiple occasions this year.

He’s averaging more than 15 disposals per game, and the Bulldogs will be hoping he can continue to make his presence felt around the ground.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
08-08-2020, 05:11 PM
Went up last year
Reckon most of them hadn’t been to a game in 10 years

Yep. They really come out of the woodwork when Lions are doing well. Even more so that the Broncos in Rugby League are in a similar position to the Crows right now.

Twice Bitten
08-08-2020, 05:21 PM
Bulldogs by 11
First Goal Wallis
BOG Bont

Best Wishes to Ryan Gardner. Give us a serviceable game in the grand tradition of Dog Rookies.

Topdog
08-08-2020, 05:28 PM
I just wanna see a semi functional forward line

The bulldog tragician
08-08-2020, 05:37 PM
Bulldogs by 3
First goal welcome bacK AstroNaut
BOG Ryan Gardner

jeemak
08-08-2020, 05:39 PM
Thanks.
I'm always a bit wary of going to Lions home games. Crowd aren't very knowledgeable, and Qlder's have a massive parochial chip on their shoulders. Hopefully they're more tolerant these days and my kids aren't witness to anything ugly.

You only need to go to a SOO game once to see that chip become a chunk!

Grantysghost
08-08-2020, 05:39 PM
Dogs by 1
BOG Bont (was running into some form)
FG Wally

Eastdog
08-08-2020, 05:45 PM

Me too Topdog. Hoping Naughton helps out in that. Great to have him back in the side.

kruder
08-08-2020, 07:02 PM
Be interesting how we handle Cameron, Neil, Zorko and McCluggage.

Love to see Bevo lock down on a few.

kruder
08-08-2020, 07:06 PM

Seperation please.

bornadog
08-08-2020, 07:11 PM

Hopefully better than the scratch match:

Dogs 11.13.79 to Lions 12.8. 80

Goal Kickers: Cavarra 3, Weightman, Sweet, La Young, R smith and Gowers

Bumper Bulldogs
08-08-2020, 07:29 PM
Hopefully better than the scratch match:

Dogs 11.13.79 to Lions 12.8. 80

Goal Kickers: Cavarra 3, Weightman, Sweet, La Young, R smith and Gowers

Its the poor Goal kicking again let us down. I would like to know if we kicked more goals than points how many extra games we would have won under Bevo. I recon it would add 10% to his win ratio

HOSE B ROMERO
08-08-2020, 07:55 PM
Saltwater lads by 3

bog Neale

first goal Lloydy

Eastdog
08-08-2020, 08:08 PM
Seperation please.

Yep want to see this. Just was way too congested down there last game.

1eyedog
08-08-2020, 08:10 PM
Its the poor Goal kicking again let us down. I would like to know if we kicked more goals than points how many extra games we would have won under Bevo. I recon it would add 10% to his win ratio

Not Sure. But I put a post up with a graph earlier this year or late last showing our points as goals and we were on top of the ladder at the end of 2019.

Eastdog
08-08-2020, 08:11 PM
Go Dogs!

https://i.postimg.cc/QFzvchw0/EF77-C2-CA-D277-4517-AF78-84-C119-E5749-C.jpg (https://postimg.cc/QFzvchw0)

GVGjr
08-08-2020, 08:16 PM
Dogs by 8 points

The biggest question for me is if I wear a WOOF or Bulldogs cap when I'm watching this? :)

Eastdog
08-08-2020, 08:17 PM
Dogs by 8 points

The biggest question for me is if I wear a WOOF or Bulldogs cap when I'm watching this? :)

I have my Bulldogs jumper and Bulldogs scarf on. Up to you GVGjr :)

bulldogsthru&thru
08-08-2020, 08:38 PM
Well, as usual this year we should know 3 minutes in if we’re a chance or not. Cmon dogs!

Eastdog
08-08-2020, 08:40 PM
Good to see the black arm bands on tonight.

ratsmac
08-08-2020, 08:41 PM
Dogs by 3
First goal Wallis
BOG B Smith

comrade
08-08-2020, 08:41 PM
Gardner with the nice intercept early. Good lad.

bulldogsthru&thru
08-08-2020, 08:42 PM
That’s frustrating. Two stoppages inside 50 and both came straight out far too easily

Grantysghost
08-08-2020, 08:43 PM
Gardner with the nice intercept early. Good lad.
He’s taking Hipwood seems like a good physical match up.

Eastdog
08-08-2020, 08:44 PM
What a year Willy is having!

comrade
08-08-2020, 08:45 PM
Nice and direct from Bazlenka, could have gone the extra handball to Bont but chose the right decision.

jeemak
08-08-2020, 08:45 PM
I like that Dale had a crack at the kick inside. We're going to need to use the corridor a bit tonight, use the width of the ground.

Good finish from Wallis.

bulldogsthru&thru
08-08-2020, 08:46 PM
Oh dear. Neale allowed to do as he pleases inside 50

Grantysghost
08-08-2020, 08:46 PM
Are we kicking more ?

bulldogsthru&thru
08-08-2020, 08:47 PM
The ever reliable Mitch strikes again!

The Bulldogs Bite
Geez Wally is smart. Well done transforming himself into a good forward

jeemak
Pretty damaging from Macrae. Completely out of character.

Eastdog
Caleb what a great football mind. Macrae been very good and Wallis excellent up forward.

ratsmac
Dogs by 3
First goal Wallis
BOG B Smith

I meant first 2 goals Wallis

bulldogsthru&thru
Are we kicking more ?

Good pick up. It certainly seems that way

comrade
Fast ball movement by foot and direct inside 50, what is this?

Topdog
Well, as usual this year we should know 3 minutes in if we’re a chance or not. Cmon dogs!

We look on.

Great start by Mitch

1eyedog
08-08-2020, 08:48 PM
Mitch might get his bag tonight

comrade
08-08-2020, 08:49 PM
The Zorko/JJ worries me.

Eastdog
08-08-2020, 08:50 PM
Bruce needs to get more involved.

comrade
08-08-2020, 08:51 PM
Seriously, our defence is all at sea against the high ball.

Grantysghost
08-08-2020, 08:51 PM
Macrae must be reading this forum. New name.

Max Damage.

Eastdog
08-08-2020, 08:52 PM
Great stuff Jack Macrae! He has been excellent.

jeemak
Pretty sloppy in defence but great transition through the corridor.

Macrae has obviously read this thread. Great stuff 1ED for triggering him!

Sedat
Vandermeer so comfortable at this level. That is great link up play and awesome gut running by Macrae.

1eyedog
08-08-2020, 08:53 PM
Pretty damaging from Macrae. Completely out of character.

Why not just engage in the post rather than snipe lols?

1eyedog
08-08-2020, 08:54 PM
Macrae has been excellent

Eastdog
08-08-2020, 08:54 PM
Liked Keath down there. Been a great acquisition.

jeemak
08-08-2020, 08:55 PM
Why not just engage in the post rather than snipe lols?

I should have used an emoji mate, I'm just messing around.

Sedat
08-08-2020, 08:55 PM
Did nothing wrong defensively there. Just a brilliant kick by Zorko to hit a target inside 50

The Bulldogs Bite
08-08-2020, 08:56 PM
Did nothing wrong defensively there. Just a brilliant kick by Zorko to hit a target inside 50

Cordy was a fair bit off his man there though

comrade
Don't mind forcing them that wide, took a perfect kick.

Eastdog
We are moving it and using it very well.

BornInDroopSt'54
08-08-2020, 08:57 PM
Macrae has been excellent
Hurt factor! :)

bulldogsthru&thru
08-08-2020, 08:58 PM
Aaaand here come the easy chips up the ground

Mantis
We just get opened up when sides chip it around from their defence.

comrade
Too easy. Gardner can't let him get goal side.

ratsmac
Brisbane cutting us up with foot skills

Sedat
Lipinski turnover at CHF not good enough.

1eyedog
08-08-2020, 08:59 PM
I should have used an emoji mate, I'm just messing around.

Ag Bruz.

Need to keep the pressure on.

Mantis
08-08-2020, 08:59 PM
Lipinski turnover at CHF not good enough.

If he can’t accelerate away (which he can’t) he just needs to use it well.

Sedat
08-08-2020, 09:00 PM
Come on Zaine. Need to kill that

Topdog
08-08-2020, 09:01 PM
Brisbane are taking a lot of risks and being incredibly accurate with their kicking. Deserve the lead but I'm ok with our effort and game at the moment

Grantysghost
Not sure how we are losing.

Eastdog
Come on Zaine. Need to kill that

Yeah Zaine has to do better there.

angelopetraglia
How to blow a three goal lead in a flash. Wowee.

bulldogsthru&thru
Cordy is woeful

The Bulldogs Bite
08-08-2020, 09:02 PM
Defenders positioning again poor. Great mark but he had a free jump

ratsmac
Out marked again and again just like last week

comrade
Cordy is woeful

Complete liability if his opponent is taller than him.

jeemak
Easton should have gone for the ball in that instance.

Dumb as shit Vandermeer.

comrade
08-08-2020, 09:03 PM
Tim English is serving up some hot garbage, too.

Sedat
08-08-2020, 09:03 PM
If he can’t accelerate away (which he can’t) he just needs to use it well.
Possibly even slower than Wallis. He needs to be razor sharp with his disposal to have a decent career

Grantysghost
08-08-2020, 09:04 PM
Tim English is serving up some hot garbage, too.
10 to 2 against this guy needs to be corrected.

Sedat
08-08-2020, 09:04 PM
Great pick up off the deck by Libba

BornInDroopSt'54
08-08-2020, 09:05 PM
Lip non-service.

Topdog
Lip needs to do a heck of a lot better

comrade
10 to 2 against this guy needs to be corrected.

My bigger concern is his complete lack of fight at the stoppage.

Sedat
08-08-2020, 09:06 PM
Very poor Williams.

angelopetraglia
08-08-2020, 09:07 PM
Another junk turnover. We are so sloppy. Gardner not good enough at this level. Regulation ball. Fumbles. So costly.

Mantis
That was *!*!*!*!ing dumb by Williams.

comrade
God our defence is dumb. Run back.

BornInDroopSt'54
Hip non-service.

Grantysghost
Our push up defenders need to be better when we have it forward and the dump kick comes out.

bulldogsthru&thru
Williams has had two shocking turnovers. That was a very ooor 2nd half of the quarter

comrade
08-08-2020, 09:08 PM
Another junk turnover. We are so sloppy. Gardner not good enough at this level. Regulation ball. Fumbles. So costly.

In fairness, he did fight to win the ball back.

ReLoad
We’re just hanging on I reckon. They get a run on and we’re cooked.

kruder
Great to be in the game, but as soon as a team brings a little heat we go to water.

Any chance Naughty and Bruce can stand more than 1 metre apart?

The Doctor
08-08-2020, 09:09 PM
God our defence is dumb. Run back.

well if we didn't commit schoolboy errors like kicking into the man on the mark when having a set shot for goal or handball into the man on the mark our defence wouldn't be caught out on the rebound so badly.

The Bulldogs Bite
Why are our defenders always out of position? They play Russian Roulette it's ridiculous, turnovers are going to happen and we give ourselves no chance to defend them.

G-Mo77
They kick worse than us so we're a chance here. We've been surprisingly efficient inside 50.

Sedat
I give him credit, he buttered up his mistake. Unfortunately the Williams sloppy turnover stopped our forward thrust and gave them a big look inside their F50.

jeemak
In fairness, he did fight to win the ball back.

I actually though the ball from JJ was a touch behind him and pretty hot, but did well to get it back.

That one is fairly and squarely on Williams, sometimes it's OK to get the ball wide and as deep as possible to just force a stoppage.

ratsmac
Gee we can succumb to a little bit of pressure at times.
We had a couple chances go begging late then. If we clean up our touch we can win this. Cmon dogs

Vred
Great to be in the game, but as soon as a team brings a little heat we go to water.

Any chance Naughty and Bruce can stand more than 1 metre apart?

Yep, seems like they’re leading into the same empty space and spoiling eachother, its shit to watch.

Sedat
08-08-2020, 09:10 PM
We are getting good looks as well but haven't been clean around F50 the last 10 mins of that qtr.

chef
Good effort for that quarter. Came to play which is great.

GVGjr
There is a bit of work to do but we've looked good at times

Happy Days
Williams getting made to play on while standing still didn’t help.

So about that Macrae fella.

bornadog
well if we didn't commit schoolboy errors like kicking into the man on the mark when having a set shot for goal or handball into the man on the mark our defence wouldn't be caught out on the rebound so badly.

Lipinski two big errors near goal, he needs to pull his finger out

whythelongface
08-08-2020, 09:11 PM
Good 1st qtr just let down by silly turnovers as per normal. Good thing is that we are very much in this game. Macrae and Wallis outstanding. Bont, Dale, Vandermeer and Daniel going well.

bulldogsthru&thru
I don’t know how English is getting a game. He looks cooked 5 minutes in

Grantysghost

It does feel a more open fast game suits them more than us. But with our two tall forwards we need to get it in quick to use our weapons.

bornadog
Williams getting made to play on while standing still didn’t help.

So about that Macrae fella.

13 disposals, absolute gun

bulldogsthru&thru
08-08-2020, 09:12 PM
Big quarter. They’ll either tear us up or we respond

comrade
08-08-2020, 09:12 PM
Lipinski two big errors near goal, he needs to pull his finger out

Yeah, he should be in the gun. Completely out of form.

bornadog
08-08-2020, 09:13 PM
Good 1st qtr just let down by silly turnovers as per normal. Good thing is that we are very much in this game. Macrae and Wallis outstanding. Bont, Dale, Vandermeer and Daniel going well.

I thought Dale started off well. LLoyd, Bruce, zero disposals, Naughton one and Smith very quiet with 2

ratsmac
Gardner made a couple errors made corrected them. Hopefully he has made his quota of errors

whythelongface
Annoyed with Lippa kicking straight into the player on the mark.

comrade
Did Sam Lloyd twinge something, legit didn't see him all quarter.

Sedat
08-08-2020, 09:14 PM
I thought Dale started off well. LLoyd, Bruce, zero disposals, Naughton one and Smith very quiet with 2
Never seen an experienced player so ice cold as Bruce. I'd prefer him to play decoy and give the space to Wally deep

G-Mo77
08-08-2020, 09:15 PM
Gardner made a couple errors made corrected them. Hopefully he has made his quota of errors

Haha.

Mantis
08-08-2020, 09:16 PM
Did Sam Lloyd twinge something, legit didn't see him all quarter.

There he is, kicking it along the ground to a 205cm player.. FMD!

Grantysghost
08-08-2020, 09:17 PM
Libba picks it up with his arm held and gets holding the ball. Ridiculous.

comrade
08-08-2020, 09:17 PM
There he is, kicking it along the ground to a 205cm player.. FMD!

Better if he doesn't get it.

comrade
08-08-2020, 09:18 PM
Intensity down.

The Bulldogs Bite
08-08-2020, 09:19 PM
Lipinski is having a shit of a year.

Sedat
08-08-2020, 09:20 PM
Lipinski so poor there. Fall over under little pressure when Libba and Macrae did all the hard work

Grantysghost
I like Lipinski but he’s having a mare.

jeemak
Are we a chance of being paid a holding the ball or incorrect disposal free kick for *!*!*!*!s sake?

comrade
Lipinski must be a ripping trainer.

Eastdog
Need to do better defensively. Leaking goals.

bulldogsthru&thru
We’re just a very ordinary football side. Seriously

KT31
Three times they’ve drop the ball red hot, and it’s been play on.

ratsmac
Killed at ground level. They are getting plenty of numbers around the ball and we are not

jeemak
Lipinski so poor there. Fall over under little pressure when Libba and Macrae did all the hard work

That was poor but two other players didn't need to crowd it and leave someone out behind them.

Axe Man
Cameron stone cold holding the ball ffs

Topdog
7 of the last 8 scores

1eyedog
08-08-2020, 09:21 PM
Our skills are sub-par geez

Grantysghost
Love you lippa.

Mantis
Any chance Lloyd could hit a target? Like any?

Topdog
Better finish by lip after 2 poor kicks by Lloyd

Eastdog
Pat Lipinksi is back! Gets an important goal!

jeemak
Great finish Lippa.

Wow Lloyd has had three kicks and all have been awkwardly short to the recipient.

comrade
08-08-2020, 09:22 PM
English has been so disappointing since his big night against Essendon.

ratsmac
Good goal Lipinski. Lloyd almost *!*!*!*!ed it up

Grantysghost
Pat Lipinksi is back! Gets an important goal!
He’s a real sharp shooter, one of the best snaps I’ve seen.

Grantysghost
08-08-2020, 09:23 PM
When’s Naughton back ?

Sedat
08-08-2020, 09:25 PM
Superb contested mark Bont. Good finish as well

jeemak
I never doubted Bont would kick that!

Topdog
Great mark and kick by Mitch to set up that goal

Eastdog
Bont! Great set shot goal!

merantau
The Bont delivers.

comrade
08-08-2020, 09:26 PM
Nice fight back.

Mitch Wallis again involved.

jeemak
08-08-2020, 09:27 PM
Brayshaw's barracking now.

Sedat
08-08-2020, 09:28 PM
Come on Easton.

Topdog
08-08-2020, 09:28 PM
*!*!*!*! me drunk wood

Sedat
08-08-2020, 09:29 PM
Tim needs to get more physical in ruck contests. Can't have Eagles beating him at stoppages.

comrade
What is that handball from Lipinski? Rocketed into Bont's guts.

GVGjr
It's not pretty but we are around the mark. Need to keep the scoreboard ticking over

Sedat
08-08-2020, 09:30 PM
Bruce and Naughts need to separate at marking contests.

Topdog
08-08-2020, 09:31 PM
Mcluggage is a good finisher

bulldogsthru&thru
When’s Naughton back ?

We’re supposed to have low expectations. But that low?

Eastdog
A bit of a shootout tonight so far.

bulldogsthru&thru
English is a complete liability out there at the moment.

But that is far too easy. We look flat.

comrade
Bruce and Naughts need to separate at marking contests.

Bruce just needs to keep himself and his opponent away from the contest and it'll do more for us than him actually chasing the pill.

Grantysghost
Goals directly from stoppages burn.

Mantis
08-08-2020, 09:32 PM
Any chance that Gardner doesn’t hold his opponent at every marking contest?

Bullies
08-08-2020, 09:33 PM
Gardner has no idea

comrade
This is why I called for English to get rested tonight. Getting brutalised by their second stringer.

Sedat
I know hitouts aren't everything but I don't understand how a 206cm ruckman can concede 21 to 5 against back up ruckmen

bulldogsthru&thru
08-08-2020, 09:34 PM
Our mids are getting belted. This is just weak

Bullies
08-08-2020, 09:34 PM
they are playing through Gardner now

comrade
08-08-2020, 09:35 PM

How does he end up 5m behind Hipwood there?

ratsmac
Why the hell is Gardner on hip wood and not the dreadlocks bloke (can't think of his name right now)

Grantysghost
I feel like we've gone into this game with a more attacking mindset, maybe kick more im not sure and it just opens up our defence. I think when Bevo pulls that lever we just can't stop the bleeding.

Sedat
This is why I called for English to get rested tonight. Getting brutalised by their second stringer.
We're getting R1 and 2 English tonight unfortunately. I thought he could be a weapon against 2nd stringers tonight but the opposite has happened to date.

The Bulldogs Bite
His ruck craft is awful. No idea if he can ever improve it but it hurts us

bulldogsthru&thru

Can’t blame Gardner there. Our mids are letting them walk it out. And English needs to be dropped. Get into it or sit on the bench mate seriously woeful.

Vred
Ive got Gastro at the moment, think I’m gonna go back to sitting in the bathroom and being sick as this quarter is already making me feel like chucking

kruder
Our boys just cant stick a tackle

jeemak
08-08-2020, 09:36 PM
Need to actually think about being defencive now.....without holding and giving away frees for a bit.

KT31
08-08-2020, 09:36 PM
Cordy ffs

The Pie Man
08-08-2020, 09:38 PM
How’s that not ball?

Sedat
Bad miss by the ump there. Andrews dropped that

Topdog
Dropped it in a tackle but no free????

jeemak
How the *!*!*!*! is that not a free kick to us for incorrect disposal.

*!*!*!*!ing disgrace.

And then not fifty to Wood.

The Pie Man
Dunkley had him cold! FFS

Eastdog
08-08-2020, 09:39 PM
Should have been a free to Dunks!

Grantysghost
08-08-2020, 09:39 PM
The amalgam of Braughton has had 2 kicks and 2 marks.

Sedat
08-08-2020, 09:40 PM
That's not a free. Soft as butter

The Bulldogs Bite
How many times can Gardner hold and give away a free? Great selection MC....

Eastdog
Gardner!!

The Pie Man
Getting killed in the contest & Gardner starting to hold onto Hipwood. Feel we’ll break here

ReLoad
He head butted his arm

Mantis
He must be a *!*!*!*!ing amazing trainer.

FrediKanoute
So exactly what does Gardiner bring to the table?

jeemak
08-08-2020, 09:41 PM
I would really like us to get the obvious ones, and then chip away at some soft ones. Bullshit.

comrade
Hipwood should send Bevo a slab for this little confidence booster.

Eastdog
Very poor this quarter apart from early on with those goals.

KT31
Hipwood gets that soft shit and they can just throw the ball in our forward 50m.

bulldogsthru&thru
Umps killed us there from those two decisions and non decisions. But we’re not helping our cause. Seriously pathetic

Topdog
Just getting smashed at the moment

Bullies
08-08-2020, 09:42 PM
Lions are going to whoever is on Gardner

Sedat
Keath saves a goal only for Lipinski to fall over again. So poor

bulldogsthru&thru
Wow that was horrific from Lipinski. We are shit no two ways about it

The Bulldogs Bite
Wow. Lipinski falls over himself.

We invent new mistakes every week.

DOG GOD
Absolutely under siege. This could really blow out in 2nd half.

The Pie Man
Lipinski’s stuck in concrete at times

1eyedog
They are belting us out of the middle.

Mantis
*!*!*!*! me Lippa... that’s awful.

Our midfield is getting smoked.

FrediKanoute
Mids are getting slaughtrered

KT31
Fat lady is warming up her vocal cords

BornInDroopSt'54
C'mon Dogs lift!
Naughton, Bruce take a mark. Mids, clean possession and execute by foot.

The Doctor
Can everyone stop hanging it on Gardner. He's under siege because our much vaunted midfield is getting smashed as they often do when the heat is on.

ratsmac
We are a fumbling mess