PDA

View Full Version : The Moment: Rnd 8, 2020 vs Gold Coast

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
23-07-2020, 06:19 PM
The moment, the best, most courageous moment that caught your eye in today's game against North. Was it the moment that told you 'we've got this' or 'we lost this one right here'? Or was it the moment that you went 'wow....that is crazy courage.'

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
23-07-2020, 11:07 PM
In a tight game, my moment came late.
Vandermeer, on the wing, halved a massive content, almost gave away a holding the ball, but got rid of it, and it went over the line for a boundary throw in.
They win that contest, and it's another inside 50..and who knows what happens.

Well done young man. That's a moment that can elevate a kid's belief and add to that all important 'experience' ingredient.

Mofra
23-07-2020, 11:10 PM
In a tight game, my moment came late.
Vandermeer, on the wing, halved a massive content, almost gave away a holding the ball, but got rid of it, and it went over the line for a boundary throw in.
They win that contest, and it's another inside 50..and who knows what happens.

Well done young man. That's a moment that can elevate a kid's belief and add to that all important 'experience' ingredient.
Yep, Bailey Williams getting the ball to him and Vandermeer halving that contest despite being outnumbered.

hujsh
23-07-2020, 11:20 PM
Yep, Bailey Williams getting the ball to him and Vandermeer halving that contest despite being outnumbered.

Both were outnumbered and were fantastic. Vandermere has plenty of work to do but there's a lot to like there.

I'm wrapped Williams is back in defence playing good footy again

Eastdog
23-07-2020, 11:21 PM
When Bont took that mark in the end.

Testekill
23-07-2020, 11:25 PM
Williams' & Vandermeer's superb defensive efforts in the final minutes.

comrade
23-07-2020, 11:25 PM
Nice clutch goal from Lachie Young to give us some breathing space.

ratsmac
23-07-2020, 11:34 PM
I thought it was Gowers mark on the wing with players open everywhere when I thought we had it but then Gowers does Gowers things and kicked it to them in the corridor. That was a moment I almost threw a furphy stubbie at the 70". So it was Bont's mark after that is about when I knew we had it and not a second earlier.

SonofScray
23-07-2020, 11:35 PM
One moment: That last kick from Gowers should end his career. Can't be trusted.

The moment: Dutch 3 v 1 scrap on the wing, repeat efforts. Saved the. Game.

Grantysghost
23-07-2020, 11:38 PM
Williams and Vandermeer in the dying moments. Absolute class and game awareness when tired from a couple of youngsters.

EasternWest
23-07-2020, 11:39 PM
The moment, the best, most courageous moment that caught your eye in today's game against North. Was it the moment that told you 'we've got this' or 'we lost this one right here'? Or was it the moment that you went 'wow....that is crazy courage.'

Mine too.

Sorry quoted wrong post. I meant your post about Mark Laitham.

I'll add Wood's double grabber. If that had popped out the back... Yeesh.

Happy Days
23-07-2020, 11:44 PM
Honestly it was them having the ball in their forward half for 10 consecutive minutes in the second quarter and not only not putting us away but barely scoring. Fantastic effort from the Men's Department tonight.

Ozza
24-07-2020, 12:01 AM
A number of last quarter moments obviously....but one to add to the mix from earlier...

For the second week in a row - with the game fairly evenly poised, Lippa one-grabs the footy and kicks a tough chance to give us a crucial ascendancy going into the break.

Also for the second week in a row - JJ kicks a big goal that most in the side probably miss (for the record...late in the 3rd quarter, in a game where we'd kicked the ball badly...JJ was going at 93% and getting serious metres).

Bumper Bulldogs
24-07-2020, 08:42 AM
Vandermeer's superb repeat efforts in the final minutes. I thought he was done, young kids dying minutes on the game and he pulled a effort like that from somewhere.

Vred
24-07-2020, 09:03 AM
When Bont took that mark in the end.

Yep. The 'moment' for me is when he took that mark and kicked it off to Wood with 30 seconds on the clock. That was the only time I felt safe.

The bulldog tragician
24-07-2020, 11:19 AM
Yep. The 'moment' for me is when he took that mark and kicked it off to Wood with 30 seconds on the clock. That was the only time I felt safe.

What an audacious and yet perfect kick that was. Last night Bont seemed out of form. Yet when we most needed him he was right on the spot to thwart the Suns one more time and then to spot up Wood like that and deliver a kick with just the right weight on it was quite amazing.