PDA

View Full Version : The Moment; Rnd 9, 2020 vs Richmond

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
29-07-2020, 09:12 PM
The moment, the best, most courageous moment that caught your eye in today's game against Richmond. Was it the moment that told you 'we've got this' or 'we lost this one right here'? Or was it the moment that you went 'wow....that is crazy courage.'

swampdau
29-07-2020, 10:17 PM
i don't want to be seen as piling on, and by no means was he on his own tonight in terms of being poor, and there was already a significant deficit by this point - but when Gowers missed the goal when Wallis went off under the blood rule, I knew we would lose

Bumper Bulldogs
29-07-2020, 10:35 PM
i don't want to be seen as piling on, and by no means was he on his own tonight in terms of being poor, and there was already a significant deficit by this point - but when Gowers missed the goal when Wallis went off under the blood rule, I knew we would lose

Why wouldn’t they let Wallys kick the ball the run off. No way Wallis would have missed. And why would Billy go over and take the kick.

Footy is between the ears and Billy has nothing to stop the message between them.

Bumper Bulldogs
29-07-2020, 10:36 PM
Bonts miss. The team just drop their heads w by the captain dishes that up.

jazzadogs
29-07-2020, 10:50 PM
There were numerous moments in the first quarter where our lack of intensity was evident, and it was clear we were not at the level required to win this game.

Libba's miss was the moment where it got away from us. Would have made it a two-goal game, but instead they got the next two before Bont missed again.

bornadog
29-07-2020, 10:52 PM
The first quarter when we couldn't handle the slippery ball. So many fumbles it wasn't funny

Ozza
29-07-2020, 10:54 PM
The moment was when after kicking the first goal, English either went off the ground or deep forward, Trengove went into the ruck - and we didn't get our hands on it for the next 15 minutes.

Eastdog
29-07-2020, 10:54 PM
The first quarter when we couldn't handle the slippery ball. So many fumbles it wasn't funny

Yeah for sure BAD. Early on it just looked like we were in for a long night.

The Pie Man
29-07-2020, 11:00 PM
Felt Wallis’ miss in the 1st was pivotal - Martin goals 20 seconds later and makes it 14 points when it should’ve been 3.

Early moment, but it was a glimpse of what Dusty was going to get up to.

Vred
29-07-2020, 11:05 PM

I woke up early mine you, as I have a night shift tonight, turned the game on in bed, watched 10 minutes, and then turned it off. That’s all I needed to see for me to know we were screwed this game.

SonofScray
29-07-2020, 11:06 PM
Dusty goal after a Wally miss.

Not a knock on Wally, who was superb, but the game was over at that point.

AshMac
29-07-2020, 11:13 PM
Libbas miss.

When he first kicked it thought we finally looked on. The wind came out of the sails after that and I don't think we kicked 2 goals in a row - or even had two good chances in a row again for the night

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
30-07-2020, 07:19 AM
Why wouldn’t they let Wallys kick the ball the run off. No way Wallis would have missed. And why would Billy go over and take the kick.

Footy is between the ears and Billy has nothing to stop the message between them.

Yep. I thought the same thing.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
30-07-2020, 07:20 AM
For me when Bont missed. We needed our captain to do something, and that wouldve been a big lift.

G-Mo77
30-07-2020, 07:43 AM
For me when Bont missed. We needed our captain to do something, and that wouldve been a big lift.

His sets shots are awful. I can't remember the score when Bont missed that one but I believe it would have put us in striking range.

Gowers missing Wallis' shown on goal as well hurt. My exact words "Why the ^#^@ is he taking the kick?" Wife tells me to stop swearing.....

merantau
30-07-2020, 08:14 AM
Agree with all of the above. The blatant push in the back by Riewolt or Cordy for their first goal was an omen for me. There were countless moments when we were just totally outplayed though.

comrade
30-07-2020, 08:20 AM
Felt Wallis’ miss in the 1st was pivotal - Martin goals 20 seconds later and makes it 14 points when it should’ve been 3.

Early moment, but it was a glimpse of what Dusty was going to get up to.

It was the ease of ball movement following that miss, where the Tigers just took it wide down the wings, running in waves and left us in their wake. They then proceeded to do that for the rest of the night.

bulldogsthru&thru
30-07-2020, 09:18 AM
Libbas miss was the moment that ended the game for us.

Yeah we all knew Billy was going to miss that goal for Wally but the game was over in any case by then. But Billy taking that kick is just another moment of dumb football from us. Unless there’s some rule that I’m not privy to that says a certain player must take the kick why in the hell would it be Billy to take it?

Grantysghost
30-07-2020, 10:00 AM

Yeah we all knew Billy was going to miss that goal for Wally but the game was over in any case by then. But Billy taking that kick is just another moment of dumb football from us. Unless there’s some rule that I’m not privy to that says a certain player must take the kick why in the hell would it be Billy to take it?

It's a good question re a rule. I just read the entire section and there is nothing about who takes a kick. I can only assume its either the closest player ala out on the full or the previous disposer in this case it was Gowers from memory.

It's all in rule 23. My issue is whether it was an active bleed. He shouldve been able to get a trainer to quickly clean it then take his shot but its up to the umpire to assess if its active.

There is a reference to rule 19.6 if a player can't take a kick (usually after the siren re blood rule they refer to this).

https://i.postimg.cc/x8JSc02S/Screenshot-20200730-085648-Drive.jpg (https://postimages.org/)

bulldogsthru&thru
30-07-2020, 10:05 AM
It's a good question re a rule. I just read the entire section and there is nothing about who takes a kick. I can only assume its either the closest player ala out on the full or the previous disposer in this case it was Gowers from memory.

It's all in rule 23. My issue is whether it was an active bleed. He shouldve been able to get a trainer to quickly clean it then take his shot but its up to the umpire to assess if its active.

There is a reference to rule 19.6 if a player can't take a kick (usually after the siren re blood rule they refer to this).

https://i.postimg.cc/x8JSc02S/Screenshot-20200730-085648-Drive.jpg (https://postimages.org/)

Ah so it’s closest player? So the one time Billy gets near the ball it happened to be the worst time for him to be near it!

I think Mitch had to get the cut stitched up so it must have been a decent cut

The bulldog tragician
30-07-2020, 01:42 PM

He should have feigned a hammy and left it for one of our good kicks. Such as....??? Depressingly, Wally is the only guy I trust with goal kicking at the moment.

bulldogsthru&thru
30-07-2020, 02:30 PM
He should have feigned a hammy and left it for one of our good kicks. Such as....??? Depressingly, Wally is the only guy I trust with goal kicking at the moment.

Ha you know I actually sat there for a whole minute trying to think of an alternative and you're right. Sadly, there isn't another player who you could pick to take that shot and have confidence they'd kick a goal. And this is a fairly regulation goal - 20m out directly in front. What's Barry Hall doing these days? What a sad state of affairs it is in our forward line.

Grantysghost
30-07-2020, 02:37 PM
Ha you know I actually sat there for a whole minute trying to think of an alternative and you're right. Sadly, there isn't another player who you could pick to take that shot and have confidence they'd kick a goal. And this is a fairly regulation goal - 20m out directly in front. What's Barry Hall doing these days? What a sad state of affairs it is in our forward line.

Who you gonna call ? JJ for me.

https://i.postimg.cc/BbjdqDLC/Screenshot-20200730-133627-Chrome.jpg (https://postimages.org/)

The bulldog tragician
30-07-2020, 04:32 PM
Who you gonna call ? JJ for me.

https://i.postimg.cc/BbjdqDLC/Screenshot-20200730-133627-Chrome.jpg (https://postimages.org/)

This year, yes, thankfully, though those great running goals haven't happened since..god knows when.

AshMac
31-07-2020, 06:13 PM
His sets shots are awful. I can't remember the score when Bont missed that one but I believe it would have put us in striking range.

Gowers missing Wallis' shown on goal as well hurt. My exact words "Why the ^#^@ is he taking the kick?" Wife tells me to stop swearing.....

That was my question at the time too - not because he frustrates me more than any other player - but because he was the one that kicked it to wallis. I didn't think you could choose who takes the shot, I thought it was the player closest when the mark is taken.

bornadog
31-07-2020, 06:17 PM
That was my question at the time too - not because he frustrates me more than any other player - but because he was the one that kicked it to wallis. I didn't think you could choose who takes the shot, I thought it was the player closest when the mark is taken.

Remember last year Gowers had a similar shot with 1 minute to go v the Suns to level the scores and he missed and we lost by 5 points.