Margin:
First goal:
Best on ground:

Eastdog
17-08-2020, 12:12 PM
Bump

bulldogsthru&thru
17-08-2020, 12:19 PM
This is a big game for us. Huge in the context of finals but also a great litmus test. To date, we are a middle of the road team who look like we will sit just out of the finals when the season ends. Melbourne are also in the middle pack but will probably just make the finals. It's a great opportunity to right the ship for us. However win or lose I'm looking forward to simply seeing where we are at. Was the adelaide game a sign of things to come or was it simply us beating up on an incredibly poor team? Come saturday evening we'll know for sure where this team sits.

GVGjr
17-08-2020, 12:29 PM
This is a big game for us. Huge in the context of finals but also a great litmus test. To date, we are a middle of the road team who look like we will sit just out of the finals when the season ends. Melbourne are also in the middle pack but will probably just make the finals. It's a great opportunity to right the ship for us. However win or lose I'm looking forward to simply seeing where we are at. Was the adelaide game a sign of things to come or was it simply us beating up on an incredibly poor team? Come saturday evening we'll know for sure where this team sits.

Bang on, a season defining game

Bulldog Joe
17-08-2020, 12:41 PM
Win this and we may make finals, but lose and the chance is gone.

The addition of Dunks, Naughton and Hunter over the last 3 games certainly makes us more dangerous.

bornadog
17-08-2020, 12:50 PM

The addition of Dunks, Naughton and Hunter over the last 3 games certainly makes us more dangerous.

Bevo thinks we can only afford to lose one more game.

comrade
17-08-2020, 12:56 PM
This game won't make our season, but it can certainly break it.

I was 100% confident we'd waltz it in against Adelaide, I have 0% confidence this week.

Happy Days
17-08-2020, 01:00 PM
Kill the rich Dogs.

Eastdog
17-08-2020, 01:03 PM
Won’t be an easy game but I’m hopeful that our big win yesterday will give us confidence going into this game. We must take our chances when they are there and be strong defensively. If we apply the pressure for 4 quarters then I think we are a chance. No lapses

Eastdog
17-08-2020, 01:05 PM

Be great when JJ gets back and Crozier as well.

1eyedog
17-08-2020, 01:05 PM

I was 100% confident we'd waltz it in against Adelaide, I have 0% confidence this week.

We have had close games with Melbourne over the past 5 years. It's probably a 60/40 game in their favour but we are not without a chance. We are a waaaaaay better side with Naughton and Hunter playing. Along with Daniel these two are arguably the most important players for us in terms of structure.

If we can get JJ and Vander back this week we are a big show.

GVGjr
17-08-2020, 01:22 PM

Melbourne weren't really rated as contenders at the start of the season and we were yet they've played pretty well and we have been patchy. If we can stop Petracca influence on the game we should be in a good position to win it

We need a fast start. I think we have a great chance of winning this

comrade
17-08-2020, 01:25 PM
Melbourne weren't really rated as contenders at the start of the season and we were yet they've played pretty well and we have been patchy. If we can stop Petracca influence on the game we should be in a good position to win it

If there is one side that melts under the pressure of expectation, it's Melbourne and their recent wins have come against poor and/or injury ravaged sides.

We should beat them, I'm just not confident we will. Like every win in 2020, it'll require another huge game from our top 10.

Grantysghost
17-08-2020, 01:29 PM

If we can bring the midfield heat we are a massive show in this. They're not a confident side and really turn to over handball when under pressure. Oliver is case in point. He's had time to carry and kick in the last few games, when he's pressured he coughs up handballs. I think we match up well against them and expect a low scoring close game that we will edge. Ruck is crucial. I'm in the Trengove rather than Sweet camp against Gawn.

1eyedog
17-08-2020, 01:39 PM

I'd like Oliver tagged but it won't happen.

Happy for Trengove to come in if required with clear instructions to bash into Gawn at every opportunity. Get reported if you have to.

bornadog
17-08-2020, 03:41 PM

Happy for Trengove to come in if required with clear instructions to bash into Gawn at every opportunity. Get reported if you have to.

Mclean to Oliver?

Axe Man
17-08-2020, 05:01 PM

I would liken Petracca and Oliver to Bont and Macrae. Sure Macrae/Oliver can hurt you, but the player that can really torch you if left alone is Bont/Petracca. We don't tag but I would prioritise putting some time into Petracca over Oliver.

Agree on Trengove (or Sweet) and if Gawn is drifting back to cut off our forward entries Bruce and Naughton need to make their presence felt on Max's sore shoulder/back.

Nuggety Back Pocket
17-08-2020, 11:01 PM
If we can bring the midfield heat we are a massive show in this. They're not a confident side and really turn to over handball when under pressure. Oliver is case in point. He's had time to carry and kick in the last few games, when he's pressured he coughs up handballs. I think we match up well against them and expect a low scoring close game that we will edge. Ruck is crucial. I'm in the Trengove rather than Sweet camp against Gawn.

Hard to understand why Trengrove isn’t being considered this year particularly when you see us reverting in recent weeks to using Macrae and Dunkley in the ruck. Lew Young is another that can lend support in the ruck.
A lot of pressure is being placed on the shoulders of English to expect him to singlehandedly be our sole ruck man for the year.

Danjul
18-08-2020, 12:21 AM
Hard to understand why Trengrove isn’t being considered this year particularly when you see us reverting in recent weeks to using Macrae and Dunkley in the ruck. Lew Young is another that can lend support in the ruck.
A lot of pressure is being placed on the shoulders of English to expect him to singlehandedly be our sole ruck man for the year.
No it isn’t. The Dogs now have a history of contempt for the role. It has gone hand in hand with the failure to create a successful era the way Hawthorn, Geelong or Richmond has after a premiership.

AshMac
18-08-2020, 08:38 AM
Will be an interesting midfield battle. Gawn will most likely return and give that edge at the stoppages again which is something we have really struggled with.

Agree this week is a defining moment - in as much an indication of where we’re at as chances of finals.

I’m predicting a loss - they play well on us and are up and about now. If we do start to feel a squeeze early - I am praying we are prepared to make some big changes in or setup at stoppages.

If there was a game to bring in some support for English it’s this week. Unfortunately I think it’ll be Bruce over Sweet.

Demons Win
Margin 16 points
First goal Wally

Remi Moses
18-08-2020, 10:40 AM
I think we can win this personally
They beat up on a team who’s played in 3 states in 14 days
with numerous injuries
We got the pies at the wrong time in round 1
Bring the heat and we win

EasternWest
18-08-2020, 10:43 AM
with numerous injuries

It's probably my prejudice as historically never rating Melbourne but I agree with this.

If we "crack in" I think they'll wilt because they're snowflakes and we can win.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
18-08-2020, 10:50 AM
with numerous injuries

Hope so. My 3rd game I'm going to this year. Most I've been to in one year since 1984!

Axe Man
18-08-2020, 11:27 AM
Forecast at this stage is mostly sunny and 20 degrees on Saturday. No sign of rain at all. Should be perfect conditions for us once again.

bulldogsthru&thru
18-08-2020, 11:29 AM
Forecast at this stage is mostly sunny and 20 degrees on Saturday. No sign of rain at all. Should be perfect conditions for us once again.

Sundays game was our first during the day and I think it helped us. Less fumbly overall and our kicking skills were much better.

comrade
18-08-2020, 11:30 AM

The dry weather definitely helps our hand ball game. One of the biggest disappointments of this season has been our inability to adapt our game plan to the conditions and continue to try and ping the ball around like we're playing under the roof at Marvel.

Bulldog4life
18-08-2020, 06:46 PM
Dogs by 30 points
BOG Hunter
First goal Naughty

Remi Moses
19-08-2020, 10:42 AM
Heard this morning Gawn didn’t train at all yesterday
Would think he’d be highly unlikely
Dogs by 25
1st goal Wally ( who else)
BOG Macrae

CarnTheScray
19-08-2020, 06:49 PM
Hearing that Gawn isn't ready and Preuss hurt his hip but may be available.

Dogs by 42
1st goal Naughton
Macrae BOG as usual

bornadog
19-08-2020, 10:10 PM
Dogs by 34

First Goal: Dale

BOG: Bont

1eyedog
20-08-2020, 12:11 AM
Dogs by 16 points
Naughton FG
Bont BOG

BornInDroopSt'54
20-08-2020, 12:49 PM
Dogs by a percentage boosting 11points.
First goal Cavarra
BOG: Bailey..............
....Smith.

Axe Man
20-08-2020, 01:04 PM
Dogs by 70 points (90 v 20 will see us surpass the Demons percentage)
First Goal: Josh Bruce
BOG: Ryan Gardner

Sportsbet paying 1000-1 for the above

Eastdog
21-08-2020, 12:29 PM
Margin: Dogs by 8 points
First goal: Naughton
Best on ground: Bont

It’s me (Bulldogs supporter) v my mum (Demons supporter).

Go Bulldogs!

Bulldog4life
21-08-2020, 01:16 PM
Dogs by 70 points (90 v 20 will see us surpass the Demons percentage)
First Goal: Josh Bruce
BOG: Ryan Gardner

Sportsbet paying 1000-1 for the above

How much did you put on it Axe?

Eastdog
22-08-2020, 12:16 AM
https://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/news/798722/four-things-to-watch-round-13

Four things to watch: Round 13
The four hot topics and talking points ahead of the Bulldogs' Saturday afternoon clash with Melbourne.

1. Win it in the middle

No surprise here – this one will be won in the middle.

Both sides boast plenty of star power around the ball, with the contested ball kings set to get to work.

Marcus Bontempelli v Christian Petracca. Jack Macrae v Clayton Oliver. Tom Liberatore v Jack Viney.

Everywhere you look, there’s not just quality, but players who won’t give an inch.

The clearance battle will be critical in this one.

2. Flying forwards

Josh Bruce, come on down.

The off-season acquisition returns after being managed for a week, joining Aaron Naughton who’s fresh from a six-goal haul against the Adelaide Crows.

They’ll have some big guns to contend with in the Dees’ defensive 50, in Steven May and Jake Lever.

Bruce and Naughton have yet to play a handful of games together.

And even when they did, Naughton was working his way into the early part of the season after an injury-interrupted pre-season.

Could this be the start of a fruitful forward partnership for the rest of 2020?

3. The big improver

We’ll have to start calling Bailey Williams ‘Mr 189 per cent’

Because that’s how much he’s improved this year, according to Champion Data’s AFL Player Ratings system.

In fact, according to those ratings, he’s the most improved player in the AFL in 2020.

Williams has been a mainstay of the Bulldogs’ backline this season, providing plenty of rebound and an aerial presence. His 614 metres gained against the Crows were second only to Bailey Smith (813).

He’s fast become another threat for the Dogs, alongside the likes of Caleb Daniel and returning duo Hayden Crozier and Jason Johannisen.

4. Eight-point game

In the scheme of this season, this is a big game. A huge game.

Both teams have six wins to their name in 2020.

The Dees sit inside the top eight, just, on percentage. They’re two points behind seventh-placed Collingwood, and six points adrift of Richmond.

The Bulldogs sit outside the top eight, in 10th spot, with some costly margins in defeat impacting their percentage.

A win looms as crucial for the Bulldogs’ finals hopes, particularly with clashes against the third-placed Geelong Cats and fourth-placed West Coast Eagles to follow.

SonofScray
22-08-2020, 02:07 AM
Dogs by 13 goals 4 behinds.
Wallly with the first
Baz BOG

Eastdog
22-08-2020, 02:10 AM
Dogs by 13 goals 4 behinds.
Wallly with the first
Baz BOG

An 82 point win. That would be nice :D

HOSE B ROMERO
22-08-2020, 10:03 AM
Forecast is for 22 degrees, very windy (30 - 45 kph) with dust haze.

Windy with dusty haze has got western suburbs written all over it.

Therefore it's the Bulldogs by 3 points with Mitch to kick the first and 'team effort' to appear in the best players column.

C'mon you Dogs.

angelopetraglia
22-08-2020, 11:34 AM
Forecast is for 22 degrees, very windy (30 - 45 kph) with dust haze.

Windy with dusty haze has got western suburbs written all over it.

Therefore it's the Bulldogs by 3 points with Mitch to kick the first and 'team effort' to appear in the best players column.

C'mon you Dogs.

What impact does that type of wind have? It's currently NW but foretasted to be W which is almost a cross wind, slightly favouring one end. Gusts up to 50km/h. That is some serious wind. The game changes significantly compared to still conditions. Which team does that favour?

bulldogsthru&thru
22-08-2020, 11:53 AM
What impact does that type of wind have? It's current NW but foretasted to be W which is almost a cross wind, slightly favouring one end. Gusts up to 50km/h. That is some serious wind. The game changes significantly compared to still conditions. Which team does that favour?

I’m gonna say us. Our set shot kicking is woeful anyway. Hopefully the wind evens it up

ratsmac
22-08-2020, 12:18 PM
Dogs by 34
First goal- English
BOG- Libba

1eyedog
22-08-2020, 12:23 PM
What impact does that type of wind have? It's currently NW but foretasted to be W which is almost a cross wind, slightly favouring one end. Gusts up to 50km/h. That is some serious wind. The game changes significantly compared to still conditions. Which team does that favour?

Tall forwards hate playing in the wind it plays havoc with positioning and the ability torun and jump at the ball.

Twice Bitten
22-08-2020, 01:10 PM
Margin: Dogs by 29 points. Dees will be pressured into reverting to micro hand passes (even worse than us).
First goal: Cavarra
Best on ground: Bont

jeemak
22-08-2020, 01:14 PM
Tall forwards hate playing in the wind it plays havoc with positioning and the ability torun and jump at the ball.

I reckon if you're a defender watching your man it's really tough. Whoever watches the ball closest in the wind usually ends up more likely to mark the footy.

angelopetraglia
22-08-2020, 01:24 PM
Also, the wind makes precise kicking almost impossible. You have to deal with the wind moving after you have kicked it, but it also messes with your ball drop, it really highlights any weakness in your kicking action.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
22-08-2020, 01:35 PM
Dogs by 27 points
1st goal Bruce
BOG: Macrae

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
22-08-2020, 02:01 PM
Strongish breeze blowing from wing to wing across the ground

Bumper Bulldogs
22-08-2020, 02:11 PM
I’ve got a really good feeling today.

Dogs by 18 points
BOG Libba
1st Goal Wallis

Jeanette54
22-08-2020, 02:20 PM
Strongish breeze blowing from wing to wing across the ground

That might not favour either end, but it will mean that field kicking accuracy will be at a premium. To be fair that hasn't been our strong suite this year. No sure how Melbourne rates in this area.

Rocket Science
22-08-2020, 02:22 PM
So as part of the players' pre-game prep Bevo's apparently sat the blokes down in front of this old fight (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UTsHFaZR34) to impress upon them the concept of getting up off the canvass and prevailing.

Wonder if Bruce takes note and uncorks a gut punch or two to actually find some space.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
22-08-2020, 02:25 PM
That might not favour either end, but it will mean that field kicking accuracy will be at a premium. To be fair that hasn't been our strong suite this year. No sure how Melbourne rates in this area.

It seems to come and go in gusts, and then stops.

Bumper Bulldogs
22-08-2020, 02:37 PM
It seems to come and go in gusts, and then stops.

Just like our form line.

Grantysghost
22-08-2020, 02:43 PM
Jones out replaced by Hannan.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
22-08-2020, 02:46 PM
We've got the harder end to score from this Qtr

comrade
22-08-2020, 02:47 PM
FFS our defence structure.

angelopetraglia
22-08-2020, 02:48 PM
What a surprise. A Coast to Coast goal. Zero pressure.

hujsh
Already annoyed

Eastdog
We are really bad without the ball.

G-Mo77
Joe the goose loves playing us.

Sedat
What on earth was that defensive set up?

jeemak
Good thing the tackle on Hunter was legal and not high at all.

jeemak
22-08-2020, 02:49 PM
What on earth was that defensive set up?

Ball watching.

angelopetraglia
22-08-2020, 02:54 PM
They move the ball way too easily.

comrade
22-08-2020, 02:54 PM
Gardner such a panic merchant.

Sedat
22-08-2020, 02:55 PM
The game living in our half but Melbourne looking dangerous as soon as they break through our press

angelopetraglia
22-08-2020, 02:55 PM
The Dees are going to give us a lot of looks with skill errors and overuse. We need to make them pay.

G-Mo77
22-08-2020, 02:56 PM
Lol. Worst passage of play to goal I've seen. We'll take it. Hahaha

comrade
22-08-2020, 02:56 PM
The game living in our half but Melbourne looking dangerous as soon as they break through our press

As soon as it breaks open, I'm just expecting our defenders will be watching it go over their head.

Eastdog
22-08-2020, 02:57 PM
Good to make them pay from their turnover.

comrade
Gary Lyon is a simp.

jeemak
Wow I wonder who the commentators are barracking for today!

bulldogsthru&thru
22-08-2020, 02:59 PM
Wow I wonder who the commentators are barracking for today!

Yep not even trying to hide it

Sedat
22-08-2020, 02:59 PM
Wallis awesome 1-on-1

angelopetraglia
22-08-2020, 03:00 PM
Mitch Wallis. So many more tricks in his bag this year.

comrade
22-08-2020, 03:00 PM
Nice Mitch, fantastic body work.

jeemak
22-08-2020, 03:01 PM
It's so good to see a player like Wallis adjust to a new role.

Super strong, came back in great nick and he's showing the benefits of it.

Eastdog
22-08-2020, 03:01 PM
Wallis having a great year

jeemak
22-08-2020, 03:03 PM
Yep not even trying to hide it

It's out of control.

Gary may as well just cry.

comrade
Lyon going to bitch about every Dogs free it seems.

Eastdog
Gee Libba is a great worker

Sedat
22-08-2020, 03:04 PM
Great hands Libba. Lipinski should have done better

Grantysghost
22-08-2020, 03:04 PM
Our pressure great so far causing them to panic in possession.

comrade
22-08-2020, 03:06 PM
Great hands Libba. Lipinski should have done better

Yep, doesn't do any enough to burn opportunities like that.

Eastdog
22-08-2020, 03:07 PM
Richards is looking much better out there.

comrade
Richards is looking much better out there.

Except he can't kick.

Mantis
Our defence is all over the place on the fast break.

angelopetraglia
22-08-2020, 03:08 PM
One small mistake or a bit of dare from them albeit at high risk of turnover and it’s almost an automatic score for them. Why don’t we adjust? They don’t look like scoring except for that?

bulldogsthru&thru
You just know as soon as the ball hits the deck in our forward 50 we will concede a goal

comrade
Two shocking kicks from Hunter.

Eastdog
22-08-2020, 03:10 PM
Would have been good had Bont got that.

comrade
22-08-2020, 03:11 PM
Bruce playing the decoy role perfectly.

Eastdog
Except he can't kick.

Still a lot to work on but much better lately compared to earlier in the year.

bulldogsthru&thru
Well same old from us. Easy goals out the back. Stop that and we win but I don’t see us stopping it.

wb_age
Bruce is not a very good at all.

The forward line functions better without him in it.

Bumper Bulldogs
22-08-2020, 03:12 PM
Would have been good if Lipinski didn’t take the shot in the pocket and left it for Juicey

jeemak
Yeah, such a great day for the forwards right?

Mofra
Bruce has really upped his defensive pressure. Looks like he really needed that week off.
Loving Vandermeer's game. He's going to be fantastic for us as he develops

Wind looks like it's a nightmare there.

G-Mo77
22-08-2020, 03:13 PM
Not a bad start, would like a goal or two more but the opportunities inside haven't been easy. Tough contest so far and looks like we're up to the challenge. Fingers crossed we can keep it up for 4 and not 3 quarters

Eastdog
Bruce has really upped his defensive pressure. Looks like he really needed that week off.

Vander has been our best first year player.

comrade

Yep, some good chases from behind. Playing his role well.

Sedat
22-08-2020, 03:15 PM
We are doing a good job nullifying the key Demon playmakers in the middle so far

HOSE B ROMERO
Handballs & short kicks may be the order of the day with that wind. We're really hassleing well. Hunter in bog form.

The Underdog

So good at finding space and stepping an opponent. Usually a pretty reliable kick....usually

Stefcep
22-08-2020, 03:16 PM
Should be up by more.

Obviously based on inside 50s. But no point of racking them up with rubbish delivery inside 50.

Five seasons later same ol' same ol'

Rocket Science
22-08-2020, 03:17 PM
I get that it's blowy but we must tidy up some execution, particularly going forward.

BornInDroopSt'54
22-08-2020, 03:17 PM
We dominated but are only 7 pts up, albeit we are 178% of their score.

Topdog
22-08-2020, 03:18 PM
So good at finding space and stepping an opponent. Usually a pretty reliable kick....usually

Yep Vandermeer doesn't have the tank yet to do it all game but he consistently shows glimpses of what he can do

comrade
22-08-2020, 03:18 PM
Our defensive structure is just so suspect. 5 inside 50s for 4 pretty straight forward scoring opportunities for the Demons. We just leak like a sieve.

comrade
22-08-2020, 03:19 PM
Bruce and Naughton just jumping for the same ball.

angelopetraglia
22-08-2020, 03:20 PM
Way too easy. I can’t believe that we setup to allow this every single week.

bulldogsthru&thru
I get that it's blowy but we must tidy up some execution, particularly going forward.

Yeah a lot of the bad kicks had nothing to do with wind.

Eastdog
Very frustrating. We need to get reward for our hard work.

comrade
22-08-2020, 03:21 PM
Gardner just letting Weideman peel off. Rabbit in headlights.

Stefcep
22-08-2020, 03:22 PM
Wallis a gun

Sedat
Wallis so composed inside F50. He's found his niche

jeemak
That's super play from Wally and a great finish from Vander.

comrade
We're lucky Preuss is a complete gumby.

Topdog
22-08-2020, 03:24 PM
Really smart kick by Mitch there

comrade
22-08-2020, 03:25 PM
Crozier has given up 2 simple marks. Rusty.

Mofra
Crozier dropping marks he'd normally take. That's 3 now

Grantysghost
Garry Lyon is doing my head in.

Mantis
22-08-2020, 03:26 PM
Found some use for Gardner.

comrade
22-08-2020, 03:26 PM
So now umpires are reviewing their own decisions. Cool.

Sedat
22-08-2020, 03:31 PM
Absorbing pressure in D50 well this qtr

Mantis
22-08-2020, 03:32 PM
Our forward entries are just so haphazard.

comrade
22-08-2020, 03:33 PM
Between our shocking inside 50 kicking and all our forwards jumping at the same ball, we'll be lucky to kick another 5 goals.

Stefcep
22-08-2020, 03:33 PM
Libba takes it off the boot.

Mantis
22-08-2020, 03:35 PM
Hunter just doesn’t make his possessions count.... so wasteful!

comrade
We're unwatchable at times.

Stefcep
Cavarra's delivery inside 50 rubbish

comrade
And of course, even if that kick from Melksham held up, Keath was completely out of position.

Rocket Science
Jeez. Aside from pissing away scoring opportunities the other problem with ham-fisted forward entries is it's up the other end inside fifteen seconds.

Grantysghost
22-08-2020, 03:36 PM
Have to hold here. Getting midfield on their terms.

Sedat
22-08-2020, 03:36 PM
Cavarra's delivery inside 50 rubbish
Poor connection with the forwards. Bruce running back to goal when he could have doubled back towards the ball carrier

Topdog
22-08-2020, 03:39 PM
Libba brilliant

comrade
Just get it to Libba.

angelopetraglia
My love for Libba grows every week. True love.

Sedat
Nice passage coast to coast

Stefcep
Where would we be without Libba?

comrade
22-08-2020, 03:40 PM
Nice workrate from Bruce to sneak in behind for that mark, but what a shank.

G-Mo77
22-08-2020, 03:40 PM
Where would we be without Libba?

We'd be in trouble today that's for sure.

Topdog
22-08-2020, 03:41 PM
Geez Bruce just can't get near it

kruder
22-08-2020, 03:42 PM
Struggling to work out why you play English? Whats his role?

Daniel looking poor defensively I'd more him up the ground to help with connection.

G-Mo77
That was pathetic by Bruce.

comrade

Unforgivable. Josh Schache would get dropped for a month for that.

Mantis
22-08-2020, 03:43 PM

Yep... he cannot get out-marked in that contest.

Bumper Bulldogs
Why the hell did English not belt that ball to the boundary line. We are dumb

Mantis
WTF was that by English?

jeemak
That's really bad from Tim English.

Disappointing he wouldn't take the ball.

Mofra
22-08-2020, 03:44 PM
WTF English? Why the hell would you tap it into the corridor in front of Melbourne's goal?

Sedat
English too cute. Clear the danger when you get two hands on the ball

Stefcep
English double fist punch to who?

comrade
English is in all sorts. What are we doing with him?

Topdog
22-08-2020, 03:45 PM
Terrible way to end the half

Eastdog
22-08-2020, 03:46 PM
Disappointing giving up 2 goals after we have absorbed the pressure from them pretty well this quarter.

Grantysghost
Game getting away from us. They're just so much cleaner and now getting on top contested ball. Lever and May dominating our tall forwards.

comrade
Someone has to block that exit from Viney.

Topdog
Yep... he cannot get out-marked in that contest.

Out marked is generous. It was an uncontested Mark in the end

jeemak
Nice finish from Fritsch, even if he has the rudest head in the league.

Topdog
22-08-2020, 03:47 PM
Even Naughton isn't getting close to taking a mark

angelopetraglia
22-08-2020, 03:48 PM
Blew our chances in the first quarter. Not been able to capitalise on field dominance is so costly.

comrade
22-08-2020, 03:48 PM

It was a shocking kick from Bont.

G-Mo77
22-08-2020, 03:49 PM
There is a moment in this game. We're out and running, kick to a contest at true CHF to Bruce and he doesn't even make a contest. Melbourne then bang on 2 goals in a row.

angelopetraglia

May is giving him a bath.

G-Mo77

Guile from Street Fighter.

Bullies
22-08-2020, 03:50 PM
It was a shocking kick from Bont. it is a windy day. The forwards should know they need to play in front.

Sedat
Some pretty abject delivery into our F50 that qtr.

comrade
What is the point of Tim English now? We play him for centre bounces where he's at his worst, then send him down forward for the rest of the game where he can't use his biggest weapon which is his tank and cleanliness around the ground.

Bevo is cooked.

Happy Days
22-08-2020, 03:51 PM
May is destroying us. Without him we would already have the game won.

Bumper Bulldogs
22-08-2020, 03:51 PM
I just can’t see why we played English. His doing nothing around the ground, making poor choices when he needs to impact. Bruce the same. We can still win it but need to address his smart Bevo thinks he is.

BornInDroopSt'54
22-08-2020, 03:52 PM
We're unwatchable at times.

Turn off then and let others colour the action.

Sedat
22-08-2020, 03:52 PM
What is the point of Tim English now? We play him for centre bounces where he's at his worst, then send him down forward for the rest of the game where he can't use his biggest weapon which is his tank and cleanliness around the ground.

Bevo is cooked.
Puzzling to say the least. He could be such a damaging weapon stretching Preuss with his tank around the ground.

comrade
22-08-2020, 03:53 PM
Turn off then and let others colour the action.

Nah, I'll do what I like if it's ok with you?

jeemak
22-08-2020, 03:53 PM
Guile from Street Fighter.

Beavis with brown hair.

angelopetraglia
22-08-2020, 03:54 PM
Bevo clearly not happy with Tim English. Conceded two goals with poor efforts.

But if you keep doing the same thing Bevo and then believe you will get a different result .... insanity they say.

bulldogsthru&thru
22-08-2020, 03:55 PM
And here is what we look like against a half decent side. I was a little surprised with the midweek optimism. All the commentary in this thread mimics that of games against a side that has somewhat a clue on what they are doing. This is what we look like against half decent opposition. Adelaide are pathetic. This is the real bulldogs. Just not up to it I’m afraid.

Sedat
Bevo very critical of English. Haven't seen him single out a player like that in a long time if at all.

Mantis
Puzzling to say the least. He could be such a damaging weapon stretching Preuss with his tank around the ground.

Yep.. making Preuss run around a bit wouldn’t be a bad option.

comrade
22-08-2020, 03:56 PM
And here is what we look like against a half decent side. I was a little surprised with the midweek optimism. All the commentary in this thread mimics that of games against a side that has somewhat a clue on what they are doing. This is what we look like against half decent opposition. Adelaide are pathetic. This is the real bulldogs. Just not up to it I’m afraid.

Yeah and we're not really playing that bad. This is just us when the game isn't completely on our terms. This is Bevo's game style.

BornInDroopSt'54
Recruit him to add to our Bailey brigade.

Mantis
Bevo very critical of English. Haven't seen him single out a player like that in a long time if at all.

I think he was expecting a question about using Dunkley in the ruck and was ready to fire back that we still get caught out with a ‘ruckman’ in there.

Stefcep
22-08-2020, 03:57 PM

Once a coach starts singling out inexperienced players, it doesn't look good...for the coach.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
22-08-2020, 03:58 PM
Some shocking skills that qtr.
Cavarra made an absolute meal of it when Naughty was free, just butchered it with no pressure.
Bont's kick inside 50 was horrible. Options were aplenty and he kicked it low straight into a Demon's player.
And English's tap in the Dee's goalsquare just dumb.

We need to sharpen up this Qtr or the season is over.

Bumper Bulldogs

If he was fit that would be the case. He is clearly not right on the ankle. He shouldn’t have played today.

Sedat
Yep.. making Preuss run around a bit wouldn’t be a bad option.
He would blow up in 20 mins. Preuss has a very poor engine

Bullies
they knew English was 50/50 to get up for the game so why not play Sweet against Preuss with Gawn being out.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
22-08-2020, 03:59 PM
Once a coach starts singling out inexperienced players, it doesn't look good...for the coach.

If Gardner served up what Tim did, especially the tap in the goalsquare we'd expect the coach to give it to him.
Tim needs a big rev up.

Happy Days
22-08-2020, 04:00 PM
I too think its pretty bullshit to handcuff English’s role and limit our effectiveness at clearances with whatever this ruck strat is and then pot English in the half time presser.

comrade
22-08-2020, 04:00 PM
they knew English was 50/50 to get up for the game so why not play Sweet against Preuss with Gawn being out.

Yeah, throwing English under the bus when he's obviously not 100% and being thrown around in a bizarre hybrid role is...weird...to say the least.

Bullies
22-08-2020, 04:01 PM
If Gardner served up what Tim did, especially the tap in the goalsquare we'd expect the coach to give it to him.
Tim needs a big rev up. If Gardner did that WOOF would be in melt down

Rocket Science
22-08-2020, 04:02 PM
He would blow up in 20 mins. Preuss has a very poor engine

Preuss also had to overcome a hip injury just to make the squad. English could be much more instrumental if we vaguely get our shit together.

BornInDroopSt'54
22-08-2020, 04:02 PM
Nah, I'll do what I like if it's ok with you?
Feel free on my account, just suggesting.

bornadog
22-08-2020, 04:04 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ef_9YLRUMAEoRVw?format=jpg&name=small

bulldogsthru&thru
My god English has an ankle injury. If he needs to rest in the forward line he should not have played.

Happy Days
If Gardner did that WOOF would be in melt down

If Gardner did anything other than concede goals and miss targets maybe we would cut him some slack.

hujsh
English is not a forward so if he can't ruck the majority of the game he should take the week to get right.

merantau
I'm listening on the radio - ABC. The commentary makes three points:
1. Our defenders play too far up the ground thus Joe the Goose is smiling. 2. Our forwards don't lead at the ball carrier when they should. 3. Our delivery inside fifty is awful.
We had better get cracking. Our seasln is on the line.

Grantysghost
22-08-2020, 04:05 PM
I think he was expecting a question about using Dunkley in the ruck and was ready to fire back that we still get caught out with a ‘ruckman’ in there.

How would Dunkley feel about it seriously ? Its beyond belief to use him in this role despite the clearance numbers. I'm getting hammered by Melbourne friends questioning Bevo's sanity. Once Pruess worked it out they started getting dangerous clean clearances.
Their mids have been reasonably quiet too, I'm concerned about this blowing out theyve been kicking big scores.

jeemak
It's almost as if people are taking weird pleasure in this.

westbulldog
Our strategic approach to the way we operate rucks is working well, it will manifest itself in 2096

comrade
English is not a forward so if he can't ruck the majority of the game he should take the week to get right.

I'm not sure it's the injury that is forcing this strategy. We did exactly the same thing last week. This is what Bevo thinks is the best way to utilise him.

bulldogsthru&thru
22-08-2020, 04:06 PM
I'm listening on the radio - ABC. The commentary makes three points:
1. Our defenders play too far up the ground thus Joe the Goose is smiling. 2. Our forwards don't lead at the ball carrier when they should. 3. Our delivery inside fifty is awful.
We had better get cracking. Our seasln is on the line.

We’ve only been saying these things for 3 years. I’m sorry but against crap teams we get away with it. Against a half decent team we struggle. That half of footy is enough for me to know nothing has changed and last week really was just us beating up on a pathetic VFL team.

Sedat
22-08-2020, 04:07 PM
We're doing a lot right in minimising Melbourne's strengths - they have racked up big scores 3 weeks in a row. We just need to tidy up our I50 delivery and also our defensive stoppage work

Eastdog
22-08-2020, 04:08 PM
Great start Bont gets it! So important that goal!

jeemak
22-08-2020, 04:08 PM
Cracking finish from Bont. Kick the footy with intent and you know what, the wind doesn't matter so much.

Eastdog
22-08-2020, 04:09 PM
Our mids working hard. Need to get the forward rewards now.

jeemak
We're doing a lot right in minimising Melbourne's strengths - they have racked up big scores 3 weeks in a row. We just need to tidy up our I50 delivery and also our defensive stoppage work

Agreed.

We're right in this.

merantau
According to the radio we are kicking with a 4 goal breeze. Well done Bont. Good start.

jeemak
22-08-2020, 04:11 PM
That is some psycho good kicking from Daniel and Bont.

And then Mitch.

Sedat
22-08-2020, 04:11 PM
That's great transition from D50 again

Rocket Science
22-08-2020, 04:12 PM
Bont determined to drag us through this, passengers and all.

Be nice if it wasn't solely up to him and a handful.

Grantysghost
Great start ! Go dogs keep the straight kicks coming. Bruce into ruck going ok so far.

Eastdog
Great ball movement we break them open Wallis marks and gets the goal.

comrade
Much better start from Bruce. Fantastic mark deep.

kruder
Loving the Bont just outside the contest

Mofra
22-08-2020, 04:13 PM
Over 500m gained by Bont already. That's nuts

Eastdog
22-08-2020, 04:13 PM
Tight contest today.

Grantysghost
22-08-2020, 04:15 PM
Oh baby

jeemak
Come on Dogs, let's capitalise on this patch.

Mantis
Great start here.. really good stuff.

Eastdog
Supreme ball movement this quarter. Great finish Bailey!

angelopetraglia
Great start to the quarter. Some luck, taking our chances. Cmon.

comrade
Really good from McLean in that contest. Elite decision making from Daniel.

jeemak
22-08-2020, 04:16 PM
I'd like to see that goal from behind the goals, to see the spread.

Sedat
Daniel decision making is special. Holds on and makes the Demon forward commit then finds a teammate in space with clean hands when they were expecting a kick

Topdog
How smart is Caleb!!!

jeemak
22-08-2020, 04:17 PM
These umpires are taking the piss. Really.

Eastdog
How smart is Caleb!!!

A great decision maker.

merantau
That sounded like a good team goal. Well done Dogs. Well done Smith.
Thank god that ball was touched so deny them the quick reply.

Bumper Bulldogs
English in the guts and get get a kick on goal.

Topdog
22-08-2020, 04:19 PM
So glad to see bevo make a big statement with our forwards to start the 2nd half

comrade
Gardner has been iffy in the contest but used the ball well when he's had it.

merantau
Well done Bailey Williams. Keep the foot down Dogs.!

jeemak
22-08-2020, 04:20 PM
Good finish Williams.

Come on Dogs.

angelopetraglia
Melbourne have missed two gettable chances. We took every chance. It just kills you. Good to be happening to them and not us for a change.

comrade
Bailey Williams has been superb again.

jeemak
Gardner has been iffy in the contest but used the ball well when he's had it.

As long as he doesn't have to think about it I think like a lot of younger/ inexperienced players he's probably OK with ball in hand.

BornInDroopSt'54
22-08-2020, 04:21 PM
Bailey W can do a push slice shot at goal, the best type of goal kick there is.

Grantysghost
Gee wiz

Eastdog
On fire!!!!!

Go Dogs!!!!

comrade
22-08-2020, 04:22 PM
Really good contest from Bruce there, his goal.

Eastdog
Bailey Williams has been superb again.

Watched him more closely in this game and he has been really good.

jeemak
Great transition from the lads then.

Really decisive from Gardner which enabled us to rebound hard.

Come on Dogs!

angelopetraglia
Great effort Bruce to smash that pack and create the goal. Cmon.

Dry Rot
Gee 5.0 is so much better than 1.4 that we would usually shoot

BornInDroopSt'54
22-08-2020, 04:23 PM
Five in a row. Clearly the scoring end so we know we gotta make the most of it and we are.

Sedat
More quality transition from D50. Wally does the common things uncommonly well

jeemak
Fritsch is a slippery bugger.

G-Mo77
22-08-2020, 04:24 PM
Who is on Fritch? No one is near him