PDA

View Full Version : 2020 Player movement

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

bornadog
21-08-2020, 12:16 AM
McCarthy Still only 25 years old, The club told him he wasn't going to be given a new contract for next year, so they both came to an agreement that he can leave now.

McCarthy has kicked 99 goals in his 70 AFL games to date, including 49 games for Fremantle and 21 for GWS, where he was traded from in 2016.

Any interest?

GVGjr
21-08-2020, 03:01 AM
Still only 25 years old, The club told him he wasn't going to be given a new contract for next year, so they both came to an agreement that he can leave now.

McCarthy has kicked 99 goals in his 70 AFL games to date, including 49 games for Fremantle and 21 for GWS, where he was traded from in 2016.

Any interest?

Not for me but I can understand why he might find a few clubs interested. He seems to be a talented but very distracted player.
He wanted to be allowed to return home to WA because he was homesick that just happened to coincide with a bigger contract offer.
He would have to be be mighty convincing that he wanted to come to Victoria for the right reasons

Vred
21-08-2020, 04:51 AM
That would be a no from me.

azabob
21-08-2020, 08:20 AM
A hard no.

McCarthy is another example how hard it is to play a role as a 3rd tall forward or lead up forward.

Him, Harry Himmelberg and Josh Schache are all examples of this.

Highly talented but just cannot put it together consistently.

The Doctor
21-08-2020, 08:57 AM
Thought he was going to be a star.

Such a pity to see another wasted talent. I wonder what went wrong for him.

I hope he gets it together and gets another chance.

Mofra
21-08-2020, 09:43 AM
Given the whispers about Hamling wanting out too, Fremantle seem in a weird position. Their kids seem to be playing and developing well and Luke Ryan has become a bonafide star.

With JUH on board next year, I'm a no.

MrMahatma
21-08-2020, 09:46 AM
Sat out an entire season after not getting the trade he wanted. Now quits after not getting an extension after a year he’s only played one match.

Sounds like a child. Would be very surprised if he gets another chance somewhere.

josie
21-08-2020, 10:28 AM
I thought he was told by Freo he will not be with club next year. And then they came to mutual agreement on immediate departure. As such he can now openly choose to explore opportunities elsewhere and skip last 5 games including having to travel in hubs. If this was an equivalent work situation I think I would do the same.

It could be he is not physical enough on field (I do not watch Freo play much so cannot judge), unprofessional or a sook or all of these. Without knowing the facts I would give him benefit of doubt. Smart clubs will do their due diligence and grill for reasons. He could be a good pickup.

With Hamling leaving too (albeit different reasons) maybe Freo are happy to start a clean out early?

I hope McCarthy gets another chance. Unlikely we need him or that he would want to join us given Schache cannot crack into side, Naughton and Bruce seem set and Jamara on his way.

Has McCarthy ever been tried as a KPD? Does he have attributes such that he do a Jones or Moore? Would he be willing to try?

GVGjr
21-08-2020, 10:29 AM
Is Hamling leaving Josie? There is speculation that he isn't happy with his recovery from injury but I'm not sure he is wanting to leave the West

josie
21-08-2020, 10:30 AM
I thought I read somewhere he was very unhappy with medical treatment of his ankle and he and club had parted ways. Will try and find article.

Happy Days
21-08-2020, 10:37 AM
I kind of get the immediate departure in these circumstances. Why would you want to have to hub if there's no chance you'll get a game?

Having said that there is zero interest from me.

josie
21-08-2020, 10:39 AM
You are right Gvgjr- Hamling disgruntled, has not left club. Last news I can find was 14 Aug and at that date he had option to move to hub with Freo or go to Melb for surgery with Young (who does a lot of dog operations- probably other vic clubs too). Innuendo was if he takes latter option he most likely wants out. Contracted until 2023-not that contracts mean much nowadays.

The Doctor
21-08-2020, 10:49 AM
Tom Morris said yesterday Hamling not very happy with Freo. No mention of wanting to leave.

Remi Moses
21-08-2020, 10:58 AM
No to McCarthy
Unfulfilled talent , but the AFL isn’t for everyone

Bulldog4life
21-08-2020, 10:58 AM
A no for me re: McCarthy. If we can somehow get an established key back for next year definitely interested.

Doc26
21-08-2020, 11:18 AM
You are right Gvgjr- Hamling disgruntled, has not left club. Last news I can find was 14 Aug and at that date he had option to move to hub with Freo or go to Melb for surgery with Young (who does a lot of dog operations- probably other vic clubs too). Innuendo was if he takes latter option he most likely wants out. Contracted until 2023-not that contracts mean much nowadays.

These days David does more with North Melbourne than with our Club but he his a long-time Bulldog supporter. Maybe McCarthy finds his way to the league's discard Club.

1eyedog
21-08-2020, 11:56 AM
Sunshine sounds like a management nightmare. I really wanted to take him with our first pick as we were desperate for a talented tall forward. Happy to be proven wrong on this one. Big no from me it seems he is just too individualistic for us and perhaps any team. I hope he finds another club that is the right fit or another pathway entirely and goes on to make a contribution. Talented footballer.

Scraggers
21-08-2020, 12:32 PM
McCarthy will play WAFL ... I can't see another club wanting to take a chance on him. (I don't think he will want to leave WA after fighting so hard to get back)

Mofra
21-08-2020, 12:55 PM
McCarthy will play WAFL ... I can't see another club wanting to take a chance on him. (I don't think he will want to leave WA after fighting so hard to get back)
If he's a DFA I certainly can. He has the talent, and tall forwards are still not easy to come by. Essendon and Collingwood would certainly ask the question, and Melbourne still has question marks around their forward set up with Tom McDonald not looking the same after his injury.

For the first time in our entire club history we may not be the team in line to pick up a marginal tall that has run out of chances at multiple rival clubs. 2020 really is the Twilight Zone.

mjp
21-08-2020, 12:58 PM

It's a bit different moving as a 25 year old versus as a 17 year old...particularly when the club who drafted you had never spoken a word to you before the draft...

When you live inside the footy bubble for a few years you get a bit of perspective about where you are prepared to go in order to keep cashing cheques.

comrade
21-08-2020, 02:49 PM
If he's a DFA I certainly can. He has the talent, and tall forwards are still not easy to come by. Essendon and Collingwood would certainly ask the question, and Melbourne still has question marks around their forward set up with Tom McDonald not looking the same after his injury.

For the first time in our entire club history we may not be the team in line to pick up a marginal tall that has run out of chances at multiple rival clubs. 2020 really is the Twilight Zone.

In fact, we might be the ones looking to offload a tall (Schache) due to being surplus to our needs. Crazy town.

Bulldog Revolution
21-08-2020, 04:05 PM
I wouldnt be averse to looking at him

He used to be very fast and capable - its a good strategy on his part to exit the Dockers and play WAFL and show teams he wants to go on - seems a sensible strategy with an eye to the future

Must be hard being on the fringe whilst in the hubs and not having real games

jeemak
21-08-2020, 04:44 PM
It's a bit different moving as a 25 year old versus as a 17 year old...particularly when the club who drafted you had never spoken a word to you before the draft...

When you live inside the footy bubble for a few years you get a bit of perspective about where you are prepared to go in order to keep cashing cheques.

That staggers me, thanks for the insight. Would it be common for someone to be drafted across the country at that age and not be spoken to? Was it because all other players GWS had in mind had already been taken, or was it just poor governance?

bornadog
22-08-2020, 12:17 PM
Another Docker has walked:

SUSPENDED Fremantle defender Jason Carter has parted ways with the club effective immediately, becoming the second Docker in as many days to exit the club.

1eyedog
22-08-2020, 12:28 PM
Another Docker has walked:

Is not in the team and won't be offered a contract next year may as well get out now and set up the next phase of his life.

GVGjr
23-08-2020, 07:37 PM
Mitch Cleary
@cleary_mitch

Fremantle has parted ways with high performance boss Jason Weber and assistant coaches Michael Prior (defence) and Anthony Rock (stoppages and structures).

mjp
23-08-2020, 08:52 PM
Mitch Cleary
@cleary_mitch

Fremantle has parted ways with high performance boss Jason Weber and assistant coaches Michael Prior (defence) and Anthony Rock (stoppages and structures).

It's a blood letting over here.

GVGjr
25-08-2020, 08:50 AM
Strong word is that Brisbane have made a 4 year offer to Charlie Dixon
Port apparently struggling with the concept of matching it

The Doctor
25-08-2020, 09:20 AM
Brad Crouch linked with a move to Port.

Makes the Dixon scenario interesting.

They have cap space apparently.

GVGjr
25-08-2020, 09:33 AM

There would be no better time if your team is chasing a key forward

Dixon, Hogan, Walker, Brown, McCarthy and maybe Schache might all be available

comrade
25-08-2020, 09:37 AM
There would be no better time if your team is chasing a key forward

Dixon, Hogan, Walker, Brown, McCarthy and maybe Schache might all be available

And for once we're unlikely to be linked with any of them!

azabob
25-08-2020, 09:37 AM
Strong word is that Brisbane have made a 4 year offer to Charlie Dixon
Port apparently struggling with the concept of matching it

Does that need to be taken with a grain of salt considering it was Mark Riccuito (Adelaide Football Director) who led with it?

For what its worth, 2020 Charlie Dixon is a big yes and I'd offer four years, but to me he seems to perform best in a contract year.

GVGjr
25-08-2020, 09:40 AM
Does that need to be taken with a grain of salt considering it was Mark Riccuito (Adelaide Football Director) who led with it?

For what its worth, 2020 Charlie Dixon is a big yes and I'd offer four years, but to me he seems to perform best in a contract year.

I was just listening to the Rooch and he seemed to think it had some merit

GVGjr
25-08-2020, 09:41 AM
And for once we're unlikely to be linked with any of them!

Probably not

We could probably add Peter Wright to that list as well. A bit of a long shot but maybe the Suns might consider trading him

Happy Days
25-08-2020, 10:21 AM
Hey why don't we offer Dixon four years? He's pretty good!

Grantysghost
25-08-2020, 10:23 AM
The way Essendon are going I’d be back in the ear of Hurley. Age only issue but he’s got one year to run on his contract and still in good form.

Grantysghost
25-08-2020, 10:26 AM
Probably not

We could probably add Peter Wright to that list as well. A bit of a long shot but maybe the Suns might consider trading him

He’s a western suburbs boy too from memory.

The Underdog
25-08-2020, 10:30 AM

I wouldn’t touch Crouch with a 10 foot pole but not sure why Port would either, unless Wines is on the way out.

Mofra
28-08-2020, 03:11 PM
https://www.afc.com.au/news/802048

He's had a terrible year, but for mine he's an upgrade on Roarke and Hayes, and free at the trade table. Not sure if he's a Bevo 'type' as he doesn't have the aggression of a Vandermeer

bornadog
28-08-2020, 03:27 PM
https://www.afc.com.au/news/802048

He's had a terrible year, but for mine he's an upgrade on Roarke and Hayes, and free at the trade table. Not sure if he's a Bevo 'type' as he doesn't have the aggression of a Vandermeer

I think he is worth a shot. He has played some good goods and as you say he is an upgrade on RS and Hayes.

azabob
28-08-2020, 03:32 PM
I’d imagine Atkins is already signed somewhere. The big question is where?

Mitcha
28-08-2020, 03:50 PM
The way Essendon are going I’d be back in the ear of Hurley. Age only issue but he’s got one year to run on his contract and still in good form.
Not from me, Has everyone bluffed as he is a terrible 1 v 1 defender and if you need any proof have a look at skinny Sam Sturt from Fremantle out body him a couple of times in round one. if we are looking at a mature KPD (and we should be) the possibility of Rance returning and Balta's development at Richmond means David Astbury might be in need of some love. Not sure he's gettable in terms of dollars and draft picks but we need to ask the question. Failing that lets have a chat to Joel Hamling and remind him that we gave him his start in league football.

The Doctor
29-08-2020, 09:33 AM
Nakia Cockatoo could be on the move

Rory Atkins might have a 3year deal on the table from a Melbourne club

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/trade-whispers-forgotten-cat-could-be-bargain-for-rival-clubs-star-docker-wont-be-dumped/news-story/ab414a65190e0607a79452c357567835

GVGjr
29-08-2020, 10:20 AM
Nakia Cockatoo could be on the move

Rory Atkins might have a 3year deal on the table from a Melbourne club

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/trade-whispers-forgotten-cat-could-be-bargain-for-rival-clubs-star-docker-wont-be-dumped/news-story/ab414a65190e0607a79452c357567835

I don't have a lot of interest in Atkins, Cockatoo would have to be convincing that his battles with injuries can be overcome

1eyedog
29-08-2020, 03:25 PM
Who cares about Atkins he's a good ordinary player in a good team.

bornadog
29-08-2020, 03:27 PM
Another Giant at the Blues? Carlton circles gun free agent (https://www.afl.com.au/news/492013/another-giant-at-the-blues-carlton-circles-gun-free-agent)
We should be on to this

azabob
29-08-2020, 03:28 PM
Another Giant at the Blues? Carlton circles gun free agent (https://www.afl.com.au/news/492013/another-giant-at-the-blues-carlton-circles-gun-free-agent)
We should be on to this

I’m not sold on Zac Williams but I reckon once free agency reaches the media a deal has already been done one way or another, most likely with another club!

DOG GOD
29-08-2020, 03:50 PM
I’d easily have him. An ideal replacement in the 22 for JJ

azabob
29-08-2020, 04:06 PM
I’d easily have him. An ideal replacement in the 22 for JJ

Im not sure he’s an actual upgrade on JJ.

soupman
29-08-2020, 04:14 PM
If we want to upgrade our bottom 4-5 in our 22 to okish standard AFL players then getting Atkins for free wouldn't be the worst idea. Much better option than just rotating the least worst at the time of Hayes and Smith through that spot.

Scraggers
29-08-2020, 04:25 PM
I wouldn’t touch Crouch with a 10 foot pole but not sure why Port would either, unless Wines is on the way out.

Or a 7 foot Russian ;)

DOG GOD
29-08-2020, 04:57 PM
Im not sure he’s an actual upgrade on JJ.
Well he’s certainly tougher isn’t he ?

Remi Moses
29-08-2020, 05:16 PM
I think he’s a better player than JJ
He’s a key player at the giants and a big loss

azabob
29-08-2020, 05:18 PM
Well he’s certainly tougher isn’t he ?

Yeah, he is.

The Underdog
30-08-2020, 08:50 AM
Or a 7 foot Russian ;)

I’d rather recruit the 7 foot Russian :)

Hotdog60
30-08-2020, 04:53 PM
FREMANTLE has announced untried youngsters Dillon O'Reilly and Isaiah Butters will also be released.
With the Dockers heading to their hub in Queensland, general manager of football Peter Bell said the pair would not travel with the team and won't be offered a fresh contract for 2021.

With not getting a game one would think that's it for the pair. I would like to know mjp thoughts on Butters

mjp
30-08-2020, 05:59 PM
I would like to know mjp thoughts on Butters

Was a free hit as an academy eligible player...I guess I understand what they were thinking but I simply don't think people understand how hard it would be to go from North West WA (and we aren't talking Geraldton here like Liam Ryan - pretty sure Butters is from Halls Creek or Fitzroy Crossing) to the AFL...I honestly think kids like this need to play senior WAFL footy for a couple of years and *MAYBE* then give them a go...

It isn't another state or another town. If you are from 'up there' that is quite literally another planet. Just living in Perth would be an incredible challenge without trying to play elite level sport.

mjp
30-08-2020, 06:00 PM
Oh. I guess that wasn't really an opinion.

He's fast and jumps high. Low possession winner. No idea what else to think as I only saw him play 2-3 colts games last year.

Hotdog60
30-08-2020, 09:08 PM
It would be like Zephaniah Skinner and would find it hard transitioning into full on AFL life style away from family on the other side of the country.

GVGjr
30-08-2020, 09:25 PM
From the Hun

1. The asking price on Zac Williams (https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/expert-opinion/mark-robinson/the-tackle-mark-robinson-rates-his-likes-and-dislikes-from-afl-round-14/news-story/64f51d476e56f0323d443459befd1966)

The rebounding defender will not be at GWS Giants next year and clubs inquiring about his contract terms are being told the figure lies in the $800,000-$900,000 range. That’s a top-end salary when you consider the AFL and the AFLPA are about to sit down to discuss next year’s salary cap. It will be reduced, meaning Williams might not have as many suitors as he’d like because the money won’t be there. Reckon he’s more in the $700,000 range. Some clubs, mindful of his performance in the middle against Collingwood in last year’s preliminary final, are keen to switch him from halfback to the midfield full-time. Williams is loved at the Giants, but they are resigned to losing him. The more money the better for them because a compo pick is coming their way.

azabob
31-08-2020, 04:07 PM
North are apparently interested in Aidan Corr.

I know GVGjr was very keen on him before he signed his latest contract.

He appears to have recovered from his injuries.

From memory he appears more lockdown than not.

Any interest?

https://www.afl.com.au/news/493054/free-agent-giant-on-roos-radar-to-plug-defensive-hole

Doc26
01-09-2020, 11:07 AM
North are apparently interested in Aidan Corr.

I know GVGjr was very keen on him before he signed his latest contract.

He appears to have recovered from his injuries.

From memory he appears more lockdown than not.

Any interest?

https://www.afl.com.au/news/493054/free-agent-giant-on-roos-radar-to-plug-defensive-hole

At the right price and after a thorough medical I would be very interested. Leon’s a big fan of him but he’s had quite an injury interrupted career to date. His arrival should give us far better balance in deep defence.

The Doctor
01-09-2020, 11:23 AM
Norf apparently want to move on Polec if another club will pitch in for part of his salary. He still has 3 years.

Do they know what they are doing?

Another club could swoop & get his for 3 years for possibly around $350k per season

https://7news.com.au/sport/afl/what-it-will-take-for-north-melbourne-to-trade-jared-polec-to-a-rival-afl-club-c-1280966

comrade
01-09-2020, 11:52 AM
Norf apparently want to move on Polec if another club will pitch in for part of his salary. He still has 3 years.

Do they know what they are doing?

Another club could swoop & get his for 3 years for possibly around $350k per season

https://7news.com.au/sport/afl/what-it-will-take-for-north-melbourne-to-trade-jared-polec-to-a-rival-afl-club-c-1280966

On 350K a year, that is some decent value but I just don't think he's the type we should be bringing in.

Happy Days
01-09-2020, 12:29 PM
Polec for Bruce who says no

GVGjr
01-09-2020, 12:32 PM
Polec for Bruce who says no

Well for starters Bevo and Bains :)

I'd also say no and be sticking with Bruce.
I've been very impatient with him this year but that is more or less about why we are playing him.

I'm confident he will be a vastly better player next year though

Where is Polec's best position and who would he replace?

bornadog
01-09-2020, 12:37 PM
For $350k, I would take him and play him at HFF. We are really falling down around that half forward line.

DOG GOD
01-09-2020, 12:37 PM
Where is Polec's best position and who would he replace?
On a wing opposite Hunter maybe ?

comrade
01-09-2020, 01:08 PM
We lack a hard edge in the side, bringing in Polec does not help this.

I'd rather throw $350K at Burgoyne for 2 years.

GVGjr
01-09-2020, 01:12 PM
For $350k, I would take him and play him at HFF. We are really falling down around that half forward line.

On a wing opposite Hunter maybe ?

For what ever reason I thought he was more of a defender. If he's a winger or forward then maybe but I think we have different needs with limited spots.

Having a talk to Hamling would be high on my agenda and I'd be looking for a ruck option or at least someone capable of supporting English a bit better

I'm not sure we will be able to bring in more than two players if the list size gets reduced

comrade
01-09-2020, 01:16 PM
I'm still on board the Goldstein train.

2 years of Goldy beating up on English in training, while giving us a genuine ruck option on gameday has a ton of benefits, IMO.

DOG GOD
01-09-2020, 01:28 PM
If we aren’t going to play Sweet, or have pretty much stamped his papers, we have to go out and get a genuine ruckman. Whether that is Goldy or Nankervis, I really don’t care, but enough of this farce. We need a ruckman who can play 22 games as our #1. Someone who will take body contact, and can use their body in return. Timmy is not this person for 2021.

bornadog
01-09-2020, 01:30 PM
For what ever reason I thought he was more of a defender.
He seems to be this year, but in the past he has kicked goals, including 16 last year.

Career Highlights

● 29 disps (22 kicks 7 hballs), 3 marks, 5 tackles and 2 goals in Rd 23 5-pt win over Melbourne at Blundstone Arena (24 Aug 2019)
● 32 disps (20 kicks 12 hballs), 6 marks and a goal in Rd 22 86-pt win over Port Adelaide at Marvel Stadium (17 Aug 2019)
● 31 disps (22 kicks 9 hballs), 5 marks and a goal in Rd 19 49-pt loss to West Coast at Optus Stadium (27 Jul 2019)
● 28 disps (22 kicks 6 hballs), 6 marks and a goal in Rd 12 27-pt win over Gold Coast at Metricon Stadium (8 Jun 2019)
● 34 disps (18 kicks 16 hballs), 5 marks, 12 tackles and a goal in Rd 6 33-pt win over North Melbourne at Marvel Stadium (28 Apr 2018)
● 29 disps (24 kicks 5 hballs) and 12 marks in Rd 3 5-pt win over Brisbane at Adelaide Oval (7 Apr 2018)
● 29 disps (19 kicks 10 hballs), 7 marks, 5 tackles and a goal in Rd 10 2-pt loss to Geelong at GMHBA Stadium (25 May 2017)
● 29 disps (17 kicks 12 hballs), 7 marks, 6 tackles and a goal in Rd 8 72-pt win over Gold Coast at Jiangwan Stadium (14 May 2017)
● 30 disps (20 kicks 10 hballs) and 3 goals in Rd 7 35-pt win over GWS at Canberra Oval (3 May 2014)

Axe Man
01-09-2020, 01:55 PM
For what ever reason I thought he was more of a defender. If he's a winger or forward then maybe but I think we have different needs with limited spots.

Polec plays as a mid - wing or on ball. Don't think he spends much time forward or back.

Scraggers
01-09-2020, 01:56 PM
I'm still on board the Goldstein train.

2 years of Goldy beating up on English in training, while giving us a genuine ruck option on gameday has a ton of benefits, IMO.

My fear of English not being our number one ruckman for the next 10 years is the want of both Perth clubs offering him big bucks to go home. He needs to be our number one priority in the rucking department. If your proposal is to play English as number one ruck, use Goldstein as a back-up and a plonk him in a forward pocket (or something similar); then I"m all for it. If your proposal is to have Goldstein compete for the number one rucking postion week after week, then that's a hard NO from me.

comrade
01-09-2020, 02:08 PM
My fear of English not being our number one ruckman for the next 10 years is the want of both Perth clubs offering him big bucks to go home. He needs to be our number one priority in the rucking department. If your proposal is to play English as number one ruck, use Goldstein as a back-up and a plonk him in a forward pocket (or something similar); then I"m all for it. If your proposal is to have Goldstein compete for the number one rucking postion week after week, then that's a hard NO from me.

More like what St Kilda are doing with Marshall and Ryder. Both take turns at centre bounces, both spend time up froward, both fill gaps around the ground.

MJP has written about players developing rapidly when surrounded by quality players in the same position. I'd imagine learning from Goldy would do wonders for Timmy's ruck craft.

Rocket Science
01-09-2020, 08:15 PM
After recalling five veterans, the Hawks are on the verge of getting done by a mob broadly hailed as among the worst going around this century.

There'll never be a better time you'd think to enquire about Gunston, or Burgoyne, or anyone 27-and-over for that matter.

For all the recent debate around here re: Schache, I'd still gladly offer them him + sundry assets for Gunston who's good enough to remain effective despite the shit-show around him.

Grantysghost
01-09-2020, 09:00 PM
Crows fans seen more wins than most dogs fans this season.

bulldogsthru&thru
01-09-2020, 09:01 PM
Crows fans seen more wins than most dogs fans this season.

To be fair that could be said for all VIC teams :)

comrade
01-09-2020, 09:04 PM
Burgoyne looking a bit cooked tonight, unfortunately. I really like the idea of offering him a playing/coaching role but not sure if he has much left in the tank.

Grantysghost
01-09-2020, 09:14 PM
To be fair that could be said for all VIC teams :)

So jealous !

The Adelaide Connection
02-09-2020, 01:14 AM
Burgoyne looking a bit cooked tonight, unfortunately. I really like the idea of offering him a playing/coaching role but not sure if he has much left in the tank.

I think a coaching/Head of Indigenous programme/development role/player coaching role at Footscray if he should feel the need.

Give him all the roles. He is likely the link to finally getting some Indigenous talent picking us.

azabob
02-09-2020, 07:14 AM
There'll never be a better time you'd think to enquire about Gunston, or Burgoyne, or anyone 27-and-over for that matter.

What about Jon Ceglar for a ruck stop gap. Can go forward.

Grantysghost
02-09-2020, 10:12 AM
Adam Saad still out of contract at Bombers. Interesting.

bornadog
02-09-2020, 10:18 AM

Essendon went out and tried to bolster their team with some ready made players and one can argue they got the wrong players. I think Saad has been good for them, Devon Smith I don't rate at all, Stringer on reputation and proving he is an average player and Shiel I think is a good player, but he wasn't what they needed. Essendon really need some inside mids and it just goes to show if you are chasing players, you have to trade for need.

For us, I don't think we need an Adam Saad.

Grantysghost
02-09-2020, 10:25 AM
Essendon went out and tried to bolster their team with some ready made players and one can argue they got the wrong players. I think Saad has been good for them, Devon Smith I don't rate at all, Stringer on reputation and proving he is an average player and Shiel I think is a good player, but he wasn't what they needed. Essendon really need some inside mids and it just goes to show if you are chasing players, you have to trade for need.

For us, I don't think we need an Adam Saad.

I know we have a glut of half back types but I really rate this guy, super elite speed to break the lines, great kick and decision maker. Can't have too many good players? He's current contract only 400k. He is worth a lot more than that. Be interesting to see how they manage to keep him. I assume Daniher will have a big say in their ability to re-sign guys.

bornadog
02-09-2020, 10:31 AM
I know we have a glut of half back types but I really rate this guy, super elite speed to break the lines, great kick and decision maker. Can't have too many good players? He's current contract only 400k. He is worth a lot more than that. Be interesting to see how they manage to keep him. I assume Daniher will have a big say in their ability to re-sign guys.

Fair enough, but I wouldn't be over paying

Happy Days
02-09-2020, 10:32 AM

Saad sucks. If I ever want to know what it's like to have Saad play for my side I'll just run as fast as I can directly into a brick wall from 50m away.

Remi Moses
02-09-2020, 11:03 AM
Can Adam Saad defend at all ?

bornadog
02-09-2020, 11:13 AM
Can Adam Saad defend at all ?

That is his issue

Grantysghost
02-09-2020, 11:30 AM
That is his issue

Probably standard attacking half back defender. Its the line breaking I like.

josie
02-09-2020, 06:43 PM
Saad sucks. If I ever want to know what it's like to have Saad play for my side I'll just run as fast as I can directly into a brick wall from 50m away.

Ouch!! Agree Saad is not defensively minded enough.

Axe Man
04-09-2020, 07:16 PM
Mason Cox's last 2 games have triggered a 1 year extension at around $550K for next season. Ouch!

azabob
04-09-2020, 07:48 PM
Mason Cox's last 2 games have triggered a 1 year extension at around $550K for next season. Ouch!

I saw he refuted that claim.

azabob
05-09-2020, 03:17 PM
What are thoughts on Harry Perryman from the giants? He is younger than I thought (22 this year) is playing as a wingman / midfielder and is out of contract his year.

azabob
05-09-2020, 03:22 PM
From what I’ve seen of Perryman he looks a likely type and is a good mover with ok skills.

GVGjr
05-09-2020, 03:31 PM
What are thoughts on Harry Perryman from the giants? He is younger than I thought (22 this year) is playing as a wingman / midfielder and is out of contract his year.

Quite a good player, I'd be surprised though if he is looking to switch clubs

comrade
05-09-2020, 03:37 PM

Would definitely improve us and would be an upgrade on Lipinski and probably McLean.

azabob
09-09-2020, 08:18 PM
Interesting article by Tom Morris on the Giants.

Apparently Harry Perryman is obtainable.

As I mentioned earlier in this thread I hope we are interested.

https://coupler.foxsports.com.au/api/v1/article/amp/afl/afl-trades-2020-gws-giants-list-problems-trade-news-contracts-free-agency-jason-mccartney-jeremy-cameron-zac-williams/news-story/216438ecfc4f4259dc26fc9773fb322a?__twitter_impression=true

ledge
09-09-2020, 10:42 PM
So apparently the bombers are after Crouch, not sure how they could get him with their big wage average players unless they let Daniher go.
Another midfielder and an aging backline and no forward line . Dodoro is amazing how he keeps his job. Best list manager ever with not a finals win since he has been there.
Absolutely bathe in their own bath water the hierarchy at the bombers.

comrade
09-09-2020, 11:15 PM
Geelong will get Crouch, IMO.

Grantysghost
09-09-2020, 11:22 PM
So apparently the bombers are after Crouch, not sure how they could get him with their big wage average players unless they let Daniher go.
Another midfielder and an aging backline and no forward line . Dodoro is amazing how he keeps his job. Best list manager ever with not a finals win since he has been there.
Absolutely bathe in their own bath water the hierarchy at the bombers.

From my point of view he is definitely the best list manager ever.

bornadog
10-09-2020, 10:47 AM
Now gettable

Matthew Kreuzer has played his last game for Carlton and will announce his retirement today. If there’s ever been a player who always put their hand up it was this bloke. Near constant injuries meant we never saw the best of him, but he was enormously valued at Princes Park.

Axe Man
10-09-2020, 10:57 AM
Now gettable

Not if he's retired?

The Bulldogs Bite
10-09-2020, 11:00 AM
No to Kreuzer even if he didn't retire.

We need somebody who can actually stay on the park.

comrade
10-09-2020, 11:08 AM
His body must be totally cooked if he's retiring instead of looking for another gig.

Axe Man
10-09-2020, 11:35 AM

I was looking forward to us taking a conservative approach and Matt ticking all the boxes in every single injury report next year.

Bulldog Revolution
10-09-2020, 05:11 PM

I massively rate him at this best and he's always seemed like a pretty good guy - and I would have been keen

Thanks to Elliot and co he has played through one of the darkest periods in CFC history - close to two decades of irrelevance

josie
10-09-2020, 05:15 PM
From my point of view he is definitely the best list manager ever.

Ha ha!!

GVGjr
10-09-2020, 07:24 PM
Not if he's retired?

While I think Kreuzer is genuine with his retirement announcement, Ben Hudson retired with us and was quickly talked into playing again. Played for 3 years for 2 more clubs

Kreuzer could be a good coach as well but coaching positions will be scarce across the industry for a year or 2

I think Hudson was placed on a rookie list spot with some ruck coaching duties for Collingwood. With the reduced list size looming for next season this probably closes the door on that sort of option for us

jeemak
11-09-2020, 02:08 AM
I was looking forward to us taking a conservative approach and Matt ticking all the boxes in every single injury report next year.

You were just sharpening your pencil for an addition to the thread that doesn't exist.

jeemak
11-09-2020, 02:10 AM
While I think Kreuzer is genuine with his retirement announcement, Ben Hudson retired with us and was quickly talked into playing again. Played for 3 years for 2 more clubs

Kreuzer could be a good coach as well but coaching positions will be scarce across the industry for a year or 2

I think Hudson was placed on a rookie list spot with some ruck coaching duties for Collingwood. With the reduced list size looming for next season this probably closes the door on that sort of option for us

I know you're desperate for another ruck on the list who will never actually play, but Kreuzer is a bridge too far to me and always has been.

Blue skies I get it, intermittent weather it just doesn't hold up. His career has been a real shame because we all know how bloody good he could have been.

GVGjr
11-09-2020, 02:21 AM
I know you're desperate for another ruck on the list who will never actually play, but Kreuzer is a bridge too far to me and always has been.

Blue skies I get it, intermittent weather it just doesn't hold up. His career has been a real shame because we all know how bloody good he could have been.

I've actually given up on the notion of getting another ruckman because it unlikley happen. We need to work with what we have
The point I was trying to make was that in previous years you might have been able to attract am older ruckman to your club in a dual role of ruck coach and back up player much like what happened with Ben Hudson

jeemak
11-09-2020, 03:09 AM
I've actually given up on the notion of getting another ruckman because it unlikley happen. We need to work with what we have
The point I was trying to make was that in previous years you might have been able to attract am older ruckman to your club in a dual role of ruck coach and back up player much like what happened with Ben Hudson

I know mate, I was taking a cheap shot (you probably figured that out by yourself, right).

It's a complete ball breaker conundrum for me, because over the years I have actually agreed with your thinking about rucks and defenders and needing to take more in at trade/ rookie drafts or whatever but I just can't see the point of doing so if they're not going to be played.

We have players on our list who could possibly fill gaps we as supporters see, but it never happens. As a result I figure that unless someone well suited jumps out at us it won't happen.

Sweet in my view, and I say this with limited exposure to his form, has probably not developed to the extent we may have hoped based on what's been publicly said about him. Unless he's going to take a step forward then I don't see the value in putting another junior ruck on the list as we'll just be where we are now, but instead of having one ruck in the wings we'll have two and both won't actually play.

So yes, I'd like to go for a senior ruck who isn't bad around the ground and is OK forward. But who in the competition can play that role that is available, and who can we likely land?

I honestly think the answer is there isn't someone like that who comes at the right price. So, we need to develop who we have and possibly in order to do so we need to get someone in who can coach who we have to be good enough to compete at the highest level.

jeemak
11-09-2020, 03:16 AM
If over the years our rucking isn't improving across the group and we're not prepared to bring in new talent, the coaching needs to change so we can get the best results out of who we have.

Hotdog60
11-09-2020, 06:42 AM
If they cut the list sizes down could the AFL open up the long term injury clause so a club can give a player in the second string comp a contract the length of the injury to cover the player that is out.
Helps in two ways, one it helps the clubs cover season ending losses to players and two it gives a player from the lower comps a chance to maybe get a possible second or third chance to get on a list.
The AFL could then cut lists even further say to thirty because if injury results in losing a player long term they can top up from the lower leagues.

Axe Man
11-09-2020, 10:24 AM

I think the major difference between Kreuzer and Hudson or Luke Hodge is they retired with likely a mutual decision with the club, not because their body resembled that of a road trauma victim.

Axe Man
11-09-2020, 10:25 AM
If they cut the list sizes down could the AFL open up the long term injury clause so a club can give a player in the second string comp a contract the length of the injury to cover the player that is out.
Helps in two ways, one it helps the clubs cover season ending losses to players and two it gives a player from the lower comps a chance to maybe get a possible second or third chance to get on a list.
The AFL could then cut lists even further say to thirty because if injury results in losing a player long term they can top up from the lower leagues.

They did this last season with the mid season draft, although it wasn't exactly used as intended.

GVGjr
11-09-2020, 10:35 AM

Reintroduce the mid season draft? I think whatever way you look at it we need something to cater for the various list management approaches.

Bulldog Joe
11-09-2020, 03:07 PM

I think that is a very good idea and I would actually like to see it as some sort of supplementary loss from the players who are already the top ups at the next level down.

Would certainly encourage players to join teams like Footscray with a chance to get some top level exposure.

Hotdog60
11-09-2020, 07:21 PM
Reintroduce the mid season draft? I think whatever way you look at it we need something to cater for the various list management approaches.

I'm not talking about waiting for the mid season and draft. It's more if player X goes down in round 2 and is put on the LTIL then you can go and offer a temporary contract to a player not on an AFL list. Sort of a secondment. The lower levels may not like it but it would give some players a chance to get a shot at the big time. Maybe some financial arrangement goes back to the club that loses a player for a season. Rent a player :)

GVGjr
11-09-2020, 07:37 PM
I'm not talking about waiting for the mid season and draft. It's more if player X goes down in round 2 and is put on the LTIL then you can go and offer a temporary contract to a player not on an AFL list. Sort of a secondment. The lower levels may not like it but it would give some players a chance to get a shot at the big time. Maybe some financial arrangement goes back to the club that loses a player for a season. Rent a player :)

A pool of players for short term secondments? On the surface that is a good suggestion. There would need to be some rules because clubs will find way to abuse it but it's worth considering. Perhaps 4 week contracts could be offered.
Players would need a week or two at a club before getting a promotion to a senior game I suspect

Let me give it some more thought

jazzadogs
11-09-2020, 10:21 PM
A pool of players for short term secondments? On the surface that is a good suggestion. There would need to be some rules because clubs will find way to abuse it but it's worth considering. Perhaps 4 week contracts could be offered.
Players would need a week or two at a club before getting a promotion to a senior game I suspect

Let me give it some more thought

4 week contracts are too short - a lot of players get injured for a month throughout a season. Is the current rule for LTI 10 weeks?

GVGjr
11-09-2020, 10:25 PM
4 week contracts are too short - a lot of players get injured for a month throughout a season. Is the current rule for LTI 10 weeks?

Then they may as well not reduce the list size

Hotdog60
12-09-2020, 08:12 AM
Then they may as well not reduce the list size

Not necessarily remember clubs have culled quite a few in this scenario and it could only be used for long term season ending stuff.
So if the lists are down to around 30 - 35 that's a fair wage reduction and how many players in a team get LTI one or two so there will still be financial saving.
This would also boost the second tier comp because there will be an excess of fringe and developing players.
Personally I would like to go the other way and increase the lists and run a full reserve comp because I think this is the best way to improve the senior teams but I can't see that happening.

bornadog
12-09-2020, 01:48 PM
We spoke about Burgoyne. Just signed for another year, plus indigenous player liaison

Grantysghost
12-09-2020, 01:50 PM
We spoke about Burgoyne. Just signed for another year, plus indigenous player liaison
Un-Hawks like to keep their veterans.

bornadog
12-09-2020, 01:53 PM
Un-Hawks like to keep their veterans.

13 games off 400 may have something to do with it

Grantysghost
12-09-2020, 02:00 PM
13 games off 400 may have something to do with it

Probably also realised their previous strategy hasnt worked. He's a star of the game great to see.

bornadog
12-09-2020, 02:47 PM
Probably also realised their previous strategy hasnt worked. He's a star of the game great to see.

However, they have 9 players over 30 and another 4 reaching 30 next year. Their strategy is now coming to hit them in the face due to recruiting established players.

bornadog
14-09-2020, 08:48 PM
Adam Saad may be looking for a new home. Any interest?

Grantysghost
14-09-2020, 09:11 PM

Yes for me. JJ permanent small /medium forward , Saad in JJ role.

Hotdog60
14-09-2020, 09:13 PM
Dodo would want the Bont for him.
I'm a no just because it's Dodo.

GVGjr
14-09-2020, 09:24 PM

He's an attacking player but I wouldn't be that interested. Crozier, JJ and Williams can fill that role.
I shudder to think what Dodoro would want for him but could a player for player trade be brokered?

EasternWest
14-09-2020, 09:26 PM
He's an attacking player but I wouldn't be that interested. Crozier, JJ and Williams can fill that role.
I shudder to think what Dodoro would want for him but could a player for player trade be brokered?

I think Suckling for Saad would be appropriate.

azabob
14-09-2020, 09:52 PM
I think Suckling for Saad would be appropriate.

Hush your mouth. Suckling stays

EasternWest
15-09-2020, 12:14 AM
Hush your mouth. Suckling stays

You can go with him if you're that keen on him ;).

bornadog
15-09-2020, 10:23 AM
Geelong interested in Breust and Daniher.

I think Hawks are starting a rebuild

Grantysghost
15-09-2020, 10:25 AM
Geelong interested in Breust and Daniher.

I think Hawks are starting a rebuild

We should be interested in Bruest too. Although he may be getting too old? Gunston for sure.

Edit: Bruest will be 30 start of next season, Gunston 29 so not a huge difference actually.

Mofra
15-09-2020, 10:39 AM
Corr set to exercise free agency, North offering 5 years. Decent pick up by North, that probably means a few of their fringe types are cut loose.
EVW and McKay and Corr make up a decent KPD group. I guess that means the end of Daw.

comrade
15-09-2020, 10:51 AM
Gunston is likely to be Hawks captain next year, but I'd love him in our side. Quality forward.

azabob
15-09-2020, 11:00 AM
You can go with him if you're that keen on him ;).

On the flip side, If he and I stay, does that mean you have to go? ;)

In all seriousness I'd like to keep Suckling as I still think he has something to offer.

EasternWest
15-09-2020, 11:19 AM
On the flip side, If he and I stay, does that mean you have to go? ;)

In all seriousness I'd like to keep Suckling as I still think he has something to offer.

What though? An occasional good kick. Otherwise dinky kicks that put other people in trouble or squibbed half efforts in defense.

I've never, ever understood what anyone sees in him. He's ordinary.

Happy Days
15-09-2020, 11:29 AM
Gunston looks like he wants to punch a wall in every game I see him in now. Think he could be talked over if it’s something we want to pursue.

jazzadogs
15-09-2020, 11:35 AM
Corr set to exercise free agency, North offering 5 years. Decent pick up by North, that probably means a few of their fringe types are cut loose.
EVW and McKay and Corr make up a decent KPD group. I guess that means the end of Daw.

As one Corr opens, another Daw closes.

Grantysghost
15-09-2020, 11:43 AM
What though? An occasional good kick. Otherwise dinky kicks that put other people in trouble or squibbed half efforts in defense.

I've never, ever understood what anyone sees in him. He's ordinary.

The captain of the ex Hawks club with Taylor and Jack ?

comrade
15-09-2020, 11:48 AM

Seems like Shaw likes Corr more than Daw.

I wonder if he also prefers The Corrs over The Doors?

GVGjr
15-09-2020, 11:48 AM

"Thats Gold Jerry"

bulldogsthru&thru
15-09-2020, 11:56 AM

Seems like Shaw likes Corr more than Daw.

I wonder if he also prefers The Corrs over The Doors?

Please stop. Please.

azabob
15-09-2020, 12:54 PM
Please stop. Please.

So you are asking jazzdogs and comrade to close the Daw on their stand up careers?

comrade
15-09-2020, 01:05 PM
So you are asking jazzdogs and comrade to close the Daw on their stand up careers?

Yeah, I think you've gotten to the Corr of the problem.

bulldogsthru&thru
15-09-2020, 01:07 PM
https://i.postimg.cc/Hs7xqCy9/image.png (https://postimages.org/)

1eyedog
15-09-2020, 01:13 PM
Corr Blimey this thread has taken a turn for the worst!

I'll show myself the Daw.

bornadog
15-09-2020, 01:16 PM
Corr Blimey this thread has taken a turn for the worst!

I'll show myself the Daw.

Ai dan the truth

Hotdog60
15-09-2020, 07:14 PM
Some of the comments on here is pure Majak.

Grantysghost
15-09-2020, 07:43 PM
Reports that Nakia Cockatoo being courted by Lions; apparently a multi year deal.

GVGjr
15-09-2020, 07:47 PM
Reports that Nakia Cockatoo being courted by Lions; apparently a multi year deal.

If we were confident he is fit I think he would suit us nicely
What sort of deal would be required?

Happy Days
15-09-2020, 08:19 PM
What has Cockatoo ever done except for dominate one under 18s game six years ago? All I’ve seen in the AFL from him is overambition and weak hamstrings.

soupman
15-09-2020, 10:10 PM
Yeah Cockatoo is not someone I would be targeting. Incredibly injury prone and hasn't had the chance to be good as a result. I'd much rather we went after Narkle if we are going to target a fringe Cat.

EasternWest
15-09-2020, 10:17 PM
Yeah Cockatoo is not someone I would be targeting. Incredibly injury prone and hasn't had the chance to be good as a result. I'd much rather we went after Narkle if we are going to target a fringe Cat.

Only on the condition he grows his hair long.

Swoon.

The Adelaide Connection
16-09-2020, 01:48 AM

Did I read he was Gardner's roomate when he was at Geelong? If we wanted him, which I don't think we do, surely that would help.

Dry Rot
16-09-2020, 10:09 PM
Have read that Stephenson may be on the outer at the Pies. Any interest?

soupman
16-09-2020, 10:22 PM
Have read that Stephenson may be on the outer at the Pies. Any interest?

No. Can't kick Stringer our for cultural issues then bring in Stephenson.

Bulldog4life
21-09-2020, 04:41 PM
According to Sam Edmund on Twitter:

Free agent Zac Williams used the day of his 26th birthday yesterday to tell Leon Cameron he was out and then went to complete a medical at Carlton. Blues offer significantly less than North Melbourne’s, but Williams will nominate Blues in coming days.

ratsmac
21-09-2020, 05:31 PM
According to Sam Edmund on Twitter:

Free agent Zac Williams used the day of his 26th birthday yesterday to tell Leon Cameron he was out and then went to complete a medical at Carlton. Blues offer significantly less than North Melbourne’s, but Williams will nominate Blues in coming days.

I really hope we are contacting his management to throw our hat in the ring. Although by the sound of that he has already made up his mind to go play for GWS 2

GVGjr
21-09-2020, 05:38 PM
I really hope we are contacting his management to throw our hat in the ring. Although by the sound of that he has already made up his mind to go play for GWS 2

It's GWS Lite :)

bornadog
21-09-2020, 05:42 PM
Essendon have an offer on the table and want Daniher to let them know within two weeks. GWS have said to Jeremy Cameron they want an answer asap

comrade
21-09-2020, 05:52 PM
Perhaps the Blues have thrown in a regular shuttle bus to Albury as part of the deal with Williams?

ledge
21-09-2020, 06:19 PM
Essendon have an offer on the table and want Daniher to let them know within two weeks. GWS have said to Jeremy Cameron they want an answer asap

Straight swap ? Is it the swans that Daniher wants or does he just want to get to Sydney ?
Commentators weren’t to kind on Daniher against the Demons.
Pretty much said he looked disinterested.

bornadog
21-09-2020, 09:20 PM
Straight swap ? Is it the swans that Daniher wants or does he just want to get to Sydney ?
Commentators weren’t to kind on Daniher against the Demons.
Pretty much said he looked disinterested.

Both free agents, so they can choose whatever club they want

hujsh
24-09-2020, 12:46 PM
Polec asked to find a new club as well.

North either sparking a cultural revolution and rebuild to set them up for success...or doing a Melbourne/Carlton and setting themselves up for 5 years at the bottom of the ladder

Dancin' Douggy
24-09-2020, 01:14 PM
wow. What an indictment on their recruiting, drafting and trading. There won't be anyone left soon.

Polec asked to find a new club as well.

North either sparking a cultural revolution and rebuild to set them up for success...or doing a Melbourne/Carlton and setting themselves up for 5 years at the bottom of the ladder

comrade
24-09-2020, 01:29 PM
#SaveGoldy

bulldogsthru&thru
24-09-2020, 01:35 PM
Higgins told to go too. Cats and Saints the front runners.

Bulldog4life
24-09-2020, 01:36 PM
Higgins told to go too. Cats and Saints the front runners.

He will be 33 before the season starts.

Axe Man
24-09-2020, 01:37 PM
Melbourne apparently interested in Polec.

Higgins told he can explore his options for a longer deal if he wishes (North won't extend his deal past 2021). Cats and Saints interested.

And the biggest blow of all:
https://i.postimg.cc/QNkHTjZp/Capture.png (https://postimages.org/)

The Bulldogs Bite
24-09-2020, 01:58 PM
Geelong ever care to develop their own?

Gives me the shits. I hate that club.

comrade
24-09-2020, 02:03 PM
North are looking at 14+ players gone from their list that they're going to need to replenish. Some will come from the draft of course, but they're going to have to bring in a bunch from other clubs all while hitting the minimum TPP.

Going to be a very interesting trade period.

bulldogsthru&thru
24-09-2020, 02:33 PM
North are looking at 14+ players gone from their list that they're going to need to replenish. Some will come from the draft of course, but they're going to have to bring in a bunch from other clubs all while hitting the minimum TPP.

Not the greatest draft to be hitting with plenty of picks either. I get they can't wait around another year but jeez they are going to suffer for a long time you'd think.

Funny though. We've all been calling this out for years yet North and the media were obsessed with all their signings and 8th place finishes. Hopefully Geelong follow suit. They're just a more successful unsuccessful north since 2012.

Bulldog4life
24-09-2020, 02:34 PM
Melbourne apparently interested in Polec.

Higgins told he can explore his options for a longer deal if he wishes (North won't extend his deal past 2021). Cats and Saints interested.

And the biggest blow of all:
https://i.postimg.cc/QNkHTjZp/Capture.png (https://postimages.org/)

I reckon Shaw would love to give the "Shinboner" spirit the flick too if he could. Brad Scott tried to.

Rocket Science
24-09-2020, 02:59 PM
Bravo to Big Tom Campbell who's thus far survived the bloodletting down at Arden Street.

Grantysghost
24-09-2020, 03:00 PM
Bravo to Big Tom Campbell who's thus far survived the bloodletting down at Arden Street.

Is it possible they've forgotten about him?

azabob
24-09-2020, 04:06 PM

Apparently he survived due to having a year to run on his contract and probably nil interest elsewhere.

bornadog
24-09-2020, 04:33 PM

With list cuts estimated around a cut of 5, they may only be looking for 9.

comrade
24-09-2020, 04:42 PM
With list cuts estimated around a cut of 5, they may only be looking for 9.

No way will they draft 9 players so they'll either be trading in or picking up a bunch of DFAs.

Rocket Science
24-09-2020, 04:56 PM
Apparently he survived due to having a year to run on his contract and probably nil interest elsewhere.

This makes sense but rather the enjoy the idea of BTC sheepishly hiding behind a pot plant somewhere.

bornadog
24-09-2020, 05:01 PM
Giants and Swans looking at Preuss

ledge
24-09-2020, 05:29 PM
Giants and Swans looking at Preuss

Wow hasn’t he only been at Melbourne a year ?

bornadog
24-09-2020, 06:05 PM
Wow hasn’t he only been at Melbourne a year ?

a couple I think. Not sure why he went there when Gawn was there and he wouldn't be number 1. He left NOrth because Goldy was number 1

ledge
24-09-2020, 08:18 PM
a couple I think. Not sure why he went there when Gawn was there and he wouldn't be number 1. He left NOrth because Goldy was number 1

Go to GWS If he cant get a game in front of Mumford he was never any good.

macca
24-09-2020, 08:50 PM
North not signing Ben brown, asked to look else where. Really feel for the bloke. turned down a 3 year $750 K per year, at the start of the season. Wonder who could pick him up?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlxlEHUwCp0

ledge
25-09-2020, 12:18 AM
North not signing Ben brown, asked to look else where. Really feel for the bloke. turned down a 3 year $750 K per year, at the start of the season. Wonder who could pick him up?

Interesting to see who’s more in demand , Brown or Daniher, you would think Ben but who knows with the way the media spin things.

macca
25-09-2020, 02:05 AM

Is Preuss threatening to become an eker ? Could be worth a study...

jeemak
25-09-2020, 02:18 AM
I reckon Shaw would love to give the "Shinboner" spirit the flick too if he could. Brad Scott tried to.

It's literally the biggest wank in team sport in this country. They even named someone as Shinboner of the Century.....they actually did that.

List sizes are being cut, so the deficit isn't that huge......just give it two years and the wanker Boner-shin supporters will flip out and demand someone else come in and take over from Shaw. This guys is cooked already.

GVGjr
25-09-2020, 07:13 AM
Is Preuss threatening to become an eker ? Could be worth a study...

GWS is apparently interested so he will get the opportunity to play there

Mofra
25-09-2020, 10:12 AM
He's good mates with Ben Brown too.
Good guy Tommy, hope he gets another year.

Mofra
25-09-2020, 10:13 AM

Collingwood if they miss out on Gunston.
Apparently Hawks have already said no to Brown. Amazing that the top goalkicker from 2017-2019 is so out of favour.

Bulldog Revolution
25-09-2020, 10:21 AM
He's good mates with Ben Brown too.
Good guy Tommy, hope he gets another year.

He's under contract until the end of next year Im pretty sure

GVGjr
27-09-2020, 04:15 PM
SUNS REMAIN ‘OPEN-MINDED’ OVER FORMER TOP-10 PICKS (https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-2020-afl-trades-afl-news-whispers-rumours-trade-period-out-of-contract-gold-coast-peter-wright-will-brodie/news-story/2adb8a2e042f174f4279efd2d6c582ff)

Gold Coast has confirmed two former top-10 draft picks are up for grabs in the trade period.

But rivals will need to be prepared if they want to grab the young guns.

Gold Coast could offload two former top-10 picks during the trade period, with Peter Wright and Will Brodie being monitored by rival clubs.

The pair are contracted until the end of 2022, but have been linked to multiple clubs.

Foxfooty.com.au reporter Tom Morris revealed earlier this month that the club was willing to listen to offers for Wright, with the tall on a deal worth more than $500,000 per season.

It could force the Suns to cover some of the wages if he was to leave.

“Guys who are that height (203cm) who kick the ball really well and get around the ground are going to generate interest,” Gold Coast footy boss Jon Haines told AFL Media.

“From our point of view Pete‘s contracted but he’s within his rights to understand what level of interest is out there as well.

“I think the bottom line is we‘ll be open-minded, but he sits as a contracted player.”

In July, Morris outlined Victorian clubs believed Brodie was gettable despite being contracted, with the inside bull falling out of favour from Stuart Dew’s side.

Essendon and Carlton are among the teams linked with the onballer.

“We understand also he‘s a really driven young man that wants to play AFL footy,” Haines added.

“In terms of this upcoming trade period there‘s no doubt there’ll probably be interest from other clubs in a player like Will, so we just need to see how that plays out.

“We believe in Will, we‘re committed to him.”

The Suns also confirmed veteran Jarrod Harbrow will play into next season, with Brayden Fiorini likely to remain at the club.

GVGjr
27-09-2020, 04:17 PM
PADDY KEEN FOR AFL LIFELINE (https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-trade-whispers-2020-news-rumours-free-agents-out-of-contract-paddy-mccartin-matthew-scharenberg-tom-phillips-st-kilda-collingwood/news-story/750484cf35d5f4b96718eb23bbb18d32)

Former No. 1 draft pick Paddy McCartin says he is “good to go” for an AFL rebirth if a club is willing to take the punt on him, declaring he is “really fit” and “motivated” to return from a torrid battle with concussion.

The 24-year-old was given the all clear to work towards a comeback by an AFL panel of concussion experts in November last year, but has spent much of the past two years on the sidelines after his eighth and most recent concussion, which came from an innocuous hit during a 2019 pre-season match in Ballarat.

Speaking to The Age, McCartin, able to be picked up as a delisted free agent, said he understood the trepidation others may have towards his return hopes, but is feeling confident he can get back to his best given the right opportunity.

“It has not been one of those things where I think I have to do it, I really want to do it ... and that is all off the back of the medical clearance that I was given about 10 months ago,” he said, before admitting he thought his career was over at times during 2019.

“People say, ‘Are you sure it is worth it?’ And I honestly thought a lot of times last year that’s probably it for me.

“I felt horrible and felt really crook and thought I don’t know whether I am going to get back from this but the decision is testament to how confident I feel in the advice I have been given from the doctors and how am I feeling.

“(Concussion) is an emotional injury and people feel as though they are looking out for my best interests and think that it is probably best for me not to (play footy), but I would not be doing it if there was any greater risk.”

“The main thing is that the person who is going through it gets through it and they get back to a place where they feel really happy and able to live a normal life and for me I am really hoping that is going to involve footy.”

ledge
27-09-2020, 05:35 PM
Gee the suns have a good spin going on Brodie and Wright , looking to take offers but saying how good they are.
From that i am reading they want out and while under contract they can get something for them.

The Doctor
28-09-2020, 08:04 AM
Who is your AFL club chasing? Every team, player and pick in mega trades state of play

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-trade-news-rumours-whispers-2020-clubbyclub-trade-period-guide-state-of-play-draft-picks-who-will-be-traded/news-story/f21f01a49cc035bc0d36082dde6d14f4

ADELAIDE CROWS

Almost certain to part ways with Brad Crouch, but how they do so is the intriguing part. They won’t be happy with anything less than a mid first-round pick and so if a deal from a rival club isn’t jaw-dropping (and therefore doesn’t lead to a commensurate compensation pick) expect the Crows to match the offer and force a trade. Orazio Fantasia is undergoing independent medical testing, which will then be passed onto both Adelaide and Port Adelaide. Much of the talk surrounding Essendon suggests it is not a happy place, so expect Fantasia to request a trade to South Australia. There are plenty of trade targets at GWS, but the Crows are targeting Jackson Hately, 2018’s Pick 14, who hails from South Australia. Notoriously unlucky at the selection table for the Giants, so he is a live chance to head elsewhere. Daniel Talia will struggle to be part of the Crows’ next flag and Essendon are lurking as suitors. Adelaide aren’t overly keen to part ways with him, but if his mind is made up, they can bolster their draft hand as much as possible to help progress their rebuild.

Draft picks

1, 8, 20, 31, 44, 48, 60, 74, 92

BRISBANE LIONS

Remember when players couldn’t get out of Brisbane quick enough? It’s a distant memory now, as Chris Fagan and his side have transformed themselves into a destination club. If Joe Daniher leaves Essendon, it’s the Lions who look the frontrunners at the moment. They have the cap space, the lifestyle and the good medical track record Daniher would be searching for. There’s been some chatter of Ben Brown as a potential pick up, but his suitors in Victoria would leave him far less likely to head interstate than Daniher, who is bursting to get out of the Victorian footy fishbowl. Through good list management, the Lions have some genuine cap space to play with, which could allow them to go after Jeremy Cameron, even though it seems the Giant will either stay put or head to the Cats. Speaking of the Cats, expect luckless speedster Nakia Cockatoo to join the Lions at year’s end, with the 23-year-old and former Pick 10 to join former teammate Lincoln McCarthy in the hope of a similar resurgence. Out-of-contract Giants midfielder Xavier O’Halloran is also in the sights of the Lions, with the 20-year-old a likely casualty of GWS’ cap squeeze if they manage to keep Jeremy Cameron.

Draft picks

18, 19, 40, 64, 80, 90

CARLTON

They’ll get Zac Williams, but at what cost? The Blues are offering him at least $850,000 a year over five years, which is an extraordinary amount for someone who has had injury struggles and has not played anywhere near as many midfield minutes as he’ll be asked to do at Carlton. The Blues are also eyeing off Adam Saad should he part ways with arch rival Essendon. Mitch McGovern remains contracted beyond 2020 but has been well below-par since arriving at the Blues - still, it’s hard to see the club parting with any of their tall forwards at the moment despite having an abundance of them. If Saad wants out and the Bombers lose Daniher, they may well want McGovern and you’d make that deal in a heartbeat if you were Carlton. Last but certainly not least, the Blues believe Jack Viney is gettable and will be competing with Geelong for his services if he decides to leave the Dees.

Draft picks

7, 27, 45, 81, 99

COLLINGWOOD

They don’t have a whole lot of salary cap room left if they re-sign both Jordan De Goey and Darcy Moore, but with a scoring drop-off a big reason for their eighth-placed finish, the Magpies are keen for some forward line help. Could Jack Gunston solve the problem? The 28-year-old three-time premiership player is a priority target for list manager Ned Guy, reported Foxfooty.com.au’s Tom Morris. The Hawks have said they’re not keen to ship off their remaining stars for draft picks but you’ll often hear that as a bargaining position. Ben Brown is definitely available and could swap one set of stripes for another. He’s more of a typical key forward and his value has dropped quite a bit. Could both of the Pies’ picks in the 30s, or one and a sweetener, get a trade done? Peter Wright would be the next option in line, and Gold Coast may be willing to pay some of his healthy salary to offload him. Delisted Fremantle forward Cam McCarthy said a few weeks ago he has always wanted to play for the Magpies.

Draft picks

12, 35, 39, 68, 84

ESSENDON

There’s a bit of unrest at the Bombers, and it could see a few more players leave than expected. The obvious one is Joe Daniher, who wanted to head to Sydney last year and hasn’t said otherwise since. As a restricted free agent, the Dons can either match whatever offer he receives or use the threat of it to force a trade. After just eight games in two seasons, would a first-round pick and maybe a sweetener be enough? Adam Saad leaving would be a major blow but he wants to play in a successful side with teams including Melbourne, Carlton and Richmond in the hunt, although latest signs suggest he should re-sign. Cale Hooker and Michael Hurley are both on the back ends of their careers and weren’t thrilled with how Tom Bellchambers’ retirement was handled. Orazio Fantasia still appears keen to head home to South Australia at some point. Now for the potential ins. Ben Brown looms as a potential Daniher replacement, or the Suns’ Peter Wright if they miss out on him, while the Bombers are keen on his teammate Will Brodie plus two young Giants, Jye Caldwell and Xavier O’Halloran. Could they pull veteran defender Daniel Talia out of Adelaide? He’s contracted for another year but played with incoming coach Ben Rutten. Foxfooty.com.au’s Tom Morris reported the Dons are interested in lockdown Saints defender Ben Paton. Finally it seems extremely unlikely but they’ve at least let Jordan De Goey and his dad, who’s managing him at the moment, know they’re interested.

Draft picks

6, 42, 61, 69, 70, 79, 97

FREMANTLE

It was easy to see from the outside that Justin Longmuir isn’t a huge fan of Connor Blakely. The 24-year-old midfielder played 13 or more games in the previous four seasons but added just five to his career tally in 2020, only squeezing into the side between Rounds 9 and 14. Sydney reportedly noted him down as an option following an impressive multi-club scratch match performance, while Geelong and Essendon are tracking him. The other burning question surrounds the future of Jesse Hogan. He played just seven games this year and was unsuccessfully trialled in defence while out of the senior side. He’s contracted until the end of 2021, but with Matt Taberner making the All-Australian side, could a club lure Hogan? Seven reported earlier this month he’s “open” to leaving WA.

Draft picks

10, 29, 98

GEELONG CATS

With the careers of many veterans, including Gary Ablett, expected to come to a close and three first round picks, it could be a busy trade period for Stephen Wells. The Cats have done a nice job of striking the balance between building for a premiership charge and getting young talent through the doors, and expect them to do the same in 2020. They’re a strong chance of getting a midfielder in, having been linked strongly to Adelaide’s Brad Crouch and looming as a potential new home for Jack Viney, given the sameness of the Demons midfield. They were in the hunt for Shaun Higgins last year until he re-signed at North Melbourne, but they’re expected to try again given the Kangaroos’ need for a rebuild. They’re in the mix for a big forward too, with Coleman medallist Tom Hawkins nearing the end. If Joe Daniher wants to stay in Victoria but escape the Melbourne bubble, the Cats make some sense, while they’ve long been linked with Jeremy Cameron given his similar desire to avoid the media spotlight. Cameron has wanted to negotiate with the Giants all year but if they can’t fit him into their salary cap, the Cats could pounce. They have interest in young GWS pair Jye Caldwell and Xavier O’Halloran and are said to have Hawthorn’s Luke Breust “on the whiteboard”. Looking the other way, there’s a real chance Nakia Cockatoo becomes the latest injury-prone Cat to head to Brisbane.

Draft picks

11, 15, 16, 34, 88

GOLD COAST SUNS

The Suns are in an interesting position after a promising season which suggests finals could be coming a year or two earlier than most predicted. Could they try and lure a big fish in the form of Ben Brown? The Kangaroos forward’s management has sounded them out. The Suns also have some interest in Richmond defender Nathan Broad. Expect them to consider sending Peter Wright and Will Brodie away, with both players on higher pay packets than you’d want given their spots in the best 22. There’s a good chance they could pay a portion of either or both players’ wages at their new homes.

Draft picks

5, 24, 36, 72, 78, 96

GWS GIANTS

Where to begin with the Giants? They’ll lost Zac Williams to Carlton and Aidan Corr to North Melbourne, but they could lose even more players given their current cap squeeze. So much depends on Jeremy Cameron, whose negotiations with the club are ongoing. If he re-signs, expect a decent number of fringe players to head elsewhere. Jackson Hately looks to be a prime target for Adelaide, while St Kilda, Essendon and Geelong are all interested in Jye Caldwell. Shane Mumford is still yet to officially announce his plans for 2021, but either way the Giants would want to get a player like Braydon Preuss across just to give them some form of presence in the ruck. Brisbane, Essendon and Geelong are all keen on Xavier O’Halloran too, another talented young midfielder who will struggle to get opportunity given the Giants’ midfield stocks remain considerable. Once Jeremy Cameron’s mind is made up, expect the Giants to move swiftly.

Draft picks

28, 46, 66, 82, 100

HAWTHORN

Clarko has always excelled at going into the trade period with the aim to recruit stars from other clubs to push for a premiership. This season, the reverse may apply if the club gets its way, with some premiership stars going out the door to secure high-end draft picks and try fast-track their rebuild / list rejuvenation. Collingwood are keen on Jack Gunston while Geelong have Luke Breust “on the whiteboard”. The only veteran linked to the club is Ben Brown, whose manager Adam Ramanauskas has reached out to multiple teams, including Hawthorn. If they can get him on the cheap, could they make one last push for the finals before a rebuild? If they are serious about injecting more young talent into their side, they should look to the Giants given there is likely to be more than one youngster for the taking if Jeremy Cameron recommits on significant money.

Draft picks

4, 21, 41, 43, 59, 67, 77, 95

MELBOURNE

The most intriguing part of their trade moves could centre around Ben Brown and Tom McDonald. Melbourne are desperate for a consistent, true key forward to support Sam Weideman and Bailey Fritsch and they look set to part ways with McDonald if they get the right deal for him. His defensive capabilities could appeal to the Roos. Also of note is Jared Polec, with the Dees crying out for another genuine winger to support Ed Langdon. Expect both clubs to have some crossover this trade period. Jack Viney‘s future continues to hang in the balance, with both Carlton and Geelong seeing him as a genuine chance to jump ship. Simon Goodwin is a huge fan of Viney and with the 26-year-old a restricted free agent the club may play hard ball (in true Viney fashion) to force a trade. The Dees are one of at least four clubs watching Adam Saad‘s situation with interest. Angus Brayshaw is contracted until the end of 2022, but if Viney stays then expect clubs to ask the question. It would be a surprise if Braydon Preuss is at the club next year given his standing in the pecking order and the fact both Sydney and GWS are in need of a ruckman.

Draft picks

23, 47, 62, 63, 83

The Doctor
28-09-2020, 08:04 AM
NORTH MELBOURNE

All but certain to farewell Ben Brown, which begs the question: why confirm publicly you’ve told him to look elsewhere? His already declining trade value took another big hit with that news, so it’s hard to see the Kangaroos getting a heap for him, which is bizarre to say after his previous three seasons. It will be interesting to see what role Tom McDonald could play in the trade, with the Melbourne forward in a similar position to Brown heading into the trade period. Jared Polec is another who looks set to leave despite having three years to run on a lucrative deal. Melbourne need another genuine winger to compliment Ed Langdon, but the minutia of Polec’s remaining salary and North’s asking price will play a big part in any potential trade. Shaun Higgins will get to Geelong if they’re willing to offer him a contract beyond 2021 and commensurate value at the trade table. Aidan Corr will arrive at the Roos on what could be up to a five-year deal. Another former Giant in Zac Williams had interest and a decent offer on the table to join him, but has opted for Carlton on a wage that has left several scratching their heads. No shortage of suitors for Adam Saad as he continues to weigh up his future at Essendon, with North Melbourne one of the sides watching closely.

Draft picks

2, 9, 25, 57, 65, 75, 93

PORT ADELAIDE

His name has been linked to the Power, but it’s hard to see Brad Crouch joining them given where their list is currently at. He’s likely set for the Cats and the only times he has brought up the Power have been when he has been directly asked about it. Orazio Fantasia is a far more likely project for Ken Hinkley. They lost a dynamic small forward in Chad Wingard a couple of years back and Fantasia would fit into that role brilliantly if he were to come across. The only thing counting against the Power’s ability at the trade table is their draft hand, which is weak as a result of their calculated moves in previous off-seasons. Jackson Hately is a live chance to head home to South Australia, but Adelaide would be the clear frontrunner on a needs basis.

Draft picks

26, 30, 37, 50, 55, 91

RICHMOND

They’ve kept Jack Graham at the club after he was linked to several others, which is a plus. The other out-of-contract Tiger drawing interest is Nathan Broad, with Gold Coast one of the lead contenders with close friend and former teammate Brandon Ellis making the move there last year. Richmond are one of at least four Victorian clubs linked to Adam Saad as the Essendon speedster continues to mull over his future. Saad has said himself he is driven by the quest for a premiership and none of his other suitors could boast being as close to one as the Tigers. There was some interest around Callum Coleman-Jones even though he’s tied to the club until the end of 2021, but his COVID-19 breach hasn’t exactly upped his value to other sides. Toby Nankervis is still without a contract beyond this year, but a serious knee injury to Ivan Soldo will boost his chances of another contract. Three interesting case studies are Marlion Pickett, Jake Aarts and Derek Eggmolesse-Smith. All three remain on the rookie list and are entitled to reject another rookie contract at the end of the year and become unrestricted free agents if they choose. With list sizes to be cut and rookie numbers with it, at least one of that trio may well be looking elsewhere for opportunity.

Draft picks

17, 32, 53, 71, 89

ST KILDA

The main thing they had to do was secure the future of captain-in-waiting Jack Steele, which they’ve done to the delight of Saints fans. It’s a battle between them and Geelong for the signature of Shaun Higgins should he decide to leave, but the Cats look the leaders on this one at the moment given their past interest and stronger draft hand. The Bombers are one of multiple clubs interested in Ben Paton, which could give the Saints some more draft picks to play with, bit Paton’s performances have been quietly brilliant and he has become a part of their side they won’t want to lose. Jye Caldwell is on the radar of several Victorian clubs, but his upbringing as a Saints fan might have Brett Ratten quietly confident. If they’re looking to get some more leverage in the draft, Jack Lonie is being circled by several clubs, with the Western Bulldogs leading the charge.

Draft picks

14, 58, 73, 86

SYDNEY SWANS

Connor Blakely reportedly caught the eye of Swans recruiters during a multi-club scratch match late in the season. He fell out of favour at Fremantle this year under new coach Justin Longmuir. Arguably their biggest trade win was avoiding one for Tom Papley, with the star forward declaring he’s staying put after a failed trade request to Carlton last year. Joe Daniher asked for a trade to the Swans last year but Brisbane appear the frontrunners for his services in 2021. Ross Lyon has encouraged the Swans to once again snare a player for GWS’ clutches and make a play for Jeremy Cameron, whose contract negotiations continue to stall. We know Cameron is pretty happy in Sydney, so if he can’t fit into the Giants’ cap, there’s only one alternative that wouldn’t force him to move interstate. The Swans and Giants are also in the hunt for Braydon Preuss, who looks set to head to a third club, and would be a huge addition to the red and white ruck stocks.

Draft picks

3, 22, 54, 56, 76, 94

WEST COAST EAGLES

With no first-round pick and a star-studded, veteran side, we’re not expecting a whole lot of movement from the 2018 premiers. Jarrod Brander, who went to school in Geelong, has been linked to the Cats for a couple of years but there’s nothing strong there right now.

Draft picks

33, 51, 52, 87

WESTERN BULLDOGS

Not too much on the radar for the Dogs currently. They’re very keen on out-of-contract Saint Jack Lonie and would be in with a chance for Giants youngster Xavier O’Halloran if he left, but apart from that the Dogs are in a holding pattern after quite the active trade period last year.

Draft picks

13, 38, 49, 85

The Doctor
28-09-2020, 08:16 AM
The price you have to pay: All the top trade targets and their market value

https://www.afl.com.au/news/510958/the-price-you-have-to-pay-all-the-top-trade-targets-and-their-market-value

The out-of-contract stars

JORDAN DE GOEY (COLL)

Draft picks: Two mid-to-late first-round picks
Value on open market: $850,000-950,000

De Goey has said it's his desire to remain with the Pies but rivals will continue to ask the question until he officially inks a new contract. The proven match-winner will start next season as a 25-year-old and is still two seasons off free agency. These type of players don't become available all too often.

DARCY MOORE (COLL)

Draft picks: Two mid-to-late first-round picks
Value on open market: $800,000-900,000

All signs point to Moore re-signing with the Pies and to this point, all discussions are heading in the right direction. Fresh off his maiden AFL All-Australian blazer, Moore would be the most valuable intercepting defender in the game.

ADAM SAAD (ESS)

Draft picks: End of first-round / early second-round pick
Value on open market: $550,000-650,000 per season

Will spend the next week with family weighing up whether to accept a four-year offer from the Bombers or to look elsewhere. North Melbourne and Carlton are the two leading contenders of a number of clubs who have shown interest. The 26-year-old, who has spent three seasons at the Bombers after crossing from Gold Coast, has sought further clarity on his role under new coach Ben Rutten.

BEN BROWN (NM)

Draft picks: Second-round pick
Value on open market: $550,000-650,000 per season

Rival clubs raised their eyebrows this week at North Melbourne's decision to place Brown on the table publicly. Others believe it will cost the Roos leverage at the bargaining table because he simply can't return to Arden Street. His agent Adam Ramanauskas told RSN on Friday it was a "staggering" call for a player who kicked more goals than any other across 2017-2019. The 27-year-old will have a number of interested parties, however, expect suitors to throw themselves into the Brown market once Joe Daniher and Jeremy Cameron make their calls. The Roos will need to rely on a bidding war to receive adequate compensation.

JYE CALDWELL (GWS)

Draft picks: Late first-round / early second-round pick
Value on open market: $400,000-500,000 per season

Will soon return to Sydney where he will make a call on his future between the Giants and a number of clubs, headlined by St Kilda with a long-term offer. Caldwell turns 20 next week and has played 11 games across two seasons after being taken at No.11 in the star-studded 2018 NAB AFL Draft. The usual going rate for a gun third-year midfielder is upwards of $350,000 but rivals may need to offer a touch more to get him out.

JOSH DAICOS (COLLINGWOOD)

Draft picks: Early-to-mid second-round pick

Still most likely to stay at the Pies on a multi-year deal but will have to knock back bigger offers in order to do so. The 21-year-old has enjoyed a breakout 2020 campaign, playing all but one game and proven himself as one of the best kicks inside 50 in the competition.

TOBY NANKERVIS (RICH)

Value on open market: $450,000-550,000 per season

The whole situation around Nankervis changed the moment Tigers premiership ruck partner Ivan Soldo ruptured his ACL, ruling him out of the entire 2021 season. Before that point, rivals had believed the 26-year-old Nankervis was gettable with Soldo poised to pass him as the Tigers' No.1 big man. Will still have offers to leave but the Tigers can't afford to lose him. Crossed to the Tigers for pick 46 at the end of 2016 but now has two flags to his name.

NATHAN BROAD (RICH)

Draft picks: Mid-to-late second-round pick
Value on open market: $400,000-500,000

A latecomer to the AFL, the 27-year-old looks headed for a new home to cash in on the payday he missed out on early in his career. And who can blame him? The dual premiership defender now has 67 games under his belt but has been overlooked for selection in recent weeks. Would suit a developing club like Gold Coast looking for a calm head in defence. The Suns are one of several clubs who have interest.

JACKSON HATELY (GWS)

Draft picks: Mid-to-late second round pick
Value on open market: $300,000-400,000 per season

Has played 13 games in his two seasons at the Giants after being taken at pick No.14 in the 2018 NAB AFL Draft. The South Australian has interest from the Crows to return home, but don't expect them to pay through the roof for a player entering his third season.

XAVIER O'HALLORAN (GWS)

Value on open market: $250,000-350,000 per season

Broke through for two games this year in his second AFL season but has been a victim of the Giants' abundance of midfield depth. Pick 22 in the 2018 NAB AFL Draft, O'Halloran will have suitors in his home state of Victoria should he wish to return. Entering his third season, it's hard to expect he will get much over the AFL average.

JACK LONIE (STK)

Draft picks: Late second-round / early third-round pick

Could Lonie be this year's Dan Butler? Has been in and out of the Saints' line-up this year and is under a cloud for the first final with a knee injury. Last year's Butler acquisition shows how valuable a small forward can be to a new club. If Lonie can't land a new deal at the Saints he will have suitors elsewhere.

NAKIA COCKATOO (GEEL)

Draft picks: Third-round pick
Value on open market: $250,000-350,000

Destined to land in Brisbane and follow the lead of former teammate Lincoln McCarthy who turned his body around up north. The Lions have held an interest in the explosive Cockatoo for some time and will back their medical team to get him on the park after two games in three seasons. Like the deal for McCarthy, the Cats won't dig their heels in at the trade table.

The Doctor
28-09-2020, 08:20 AM
Free agents

JEREMY CAMERON (GWS)

Draft picks: First-round compensation pick
Value on open market: $950,000-1.1m per season

Still most likely to stay with the Giants but was quoted in July saying he'd re-sign soon after the contract freeze lifted and he's still yet to put pen to paper. Geelong is his strongest suitor and the Cats are awaiting an answer from Cameron before they progress elsewhere. One of the highest-paid players in the game in 2020, the 2019 Coleman medallist had a frustrating season. Still, for a player at 27 and with his proven goalscoring history, his value remains strong.

ZAC WILLIAMS (GWS)

Value on open market: $800,000-900,000 per season

Locked in on a long-term deal at Carlton believed to be upwards of $800,000 per season after the Blues edged out North Melbourne for his services. It will net the Giants a first-round compensation pick that will fall after their first selection at pick eight (a selection that's in the possession of the Crows after a trade last year).

JACK VINEY (MELB)

Value on open market: $700,000-800,000 per season

Viney's agent Tom Petroro said last week his client has a decision to make on his future. Still a chance the 26-year-old stays at Melbourne with negotiations ongoing after the Demons' opening offer was deemed underwhelming for a former captain who this week finished third in the best and fairest. Viney comes off a strong contract signed in 2016 and while his 2018 was hampered by injury, he has since put together two impressive seasons. Now that Jack Graham has told Carlton he's staying at Richmond, do the Blues go all-in on Viney and join Geelong as one of several interested parties?

JOE DANIHER (ESS)

Draft picks: First-round / end-of-first-round compensation pick
Value on open market: $700,000-800,000 per season

Looms as the most fascinating contract of all restricted free agents. Provided there's several suitors, Daniher will have no problems in securing a sizeable contract. But it's the length of term that will concern some given his body history and the fact he's played 15 games in three seasons. As reported by AFL.com.au this week, Essendon is prepared to offer up to four years. But if a rival – such as Brisbane, Sydney or Geelong – comes with something similar and the Bombers are only headed for an end-of-first-round compensation, do they match the bid and force a trade?

BRAD CROUCH (ADELAIDE)

Draft picks: First-round / end-of-first-round compensation pick
Value on open market: $650,000-750,000 per season

The Victorian is searching for a five-year contract and admitted this week he doesn't have a contract offer from the Crows. He looks to be out the door but now it's about finding a club willing to offer enough that will secure Adelaide a first-round compensation pick (would fall at pick No.2). Five years at more than $700,000 would likely be enough and it would avoid the Crows matching and forcing a trade. Like all restricted free agents, suitors would be willing to pay more for the contract to avoid a trade, however the interesting watch on Crouch will be the length of term, given his history of soft tissue injuries. Geelong has interest and while Port Adelaide have been linked, it's unlikely they'll offer five years.

AIDAN CORR (GREATER WESTERN SYDNEY)

Draft picks: Second-round / end-of-second-round compensation pick

Headed for North Melbourne after indicating to the Giants earlier this month of his wish to return to Victoria. A proven first-choice defender of his quality moving clubs would likely command a wage above the AFL average. Length of term will determine where the Giants' compensation pick falls.

RORY ATKINS (ADEL)

Draft picks: End-of-second-round / third-round compensation pick
Value on open market: $350,000-450,000

All but certain to be at Gold Coast next year on a four-year deal estimated at around $400,000. Free agency compensation will be a handy addition to Adelaide's rebuild for a player that was often overlooked this season.

ISAAC SMITH (HAW)

Draft picks: Third-round compensation pick or nothing
Value on open market: $350,000-400,000

Ideally searching for a two-year contract and it could still come at Hawthorn. But Smith admitted on RSN radio this week he wasn't 100 per cent sure what his future held. Carlton and Melbourne are among the parties having a look at the triple premiership wingman who turns 32 in December but is only 10 years into his career.

The Doctor
28-09-2020, 08:24 AM
And those contracted…

ORAZIO FANTASIA (ESS)

Value on open market: $450,000-550,000

Has undergone independent medical testing that will give Adelaide and Port Adelaide greater clarity on what's been holding him back in 2020. The speedy forward managed only five games this season due to constant soft tissue setbacks. His value has dropped from 12 months ago when he was seeking more than $600,000 to depart but is again weighing up his future. The bargaining power for Essendon will have also lowered given he now only has one year left on a contract and was been unable to reach his best this year.

SHAUN HIGGINS (NM)

Told to look elsewhere earlier this month if he wanted to secure his future on a two-year deal. The smooth-moving midfielder, who starts next year at 33, still has one year to run on his contract at the Roos but will weigh up a move elsewhere with Geelong keen and St Kilda registering its interest. His deal for next season at the Roos would be well in excess of $400,000 but another club may smooth it out over a second year to offer career security. It may also see the Roos pay a portion to ensure an adequate trade return.

JARED POLEC (NM)

Draft picks: Second or third-round pick
Value on open market: $500,000-600,000

Still has three years and upwards of $1.6 million left on a front-ended contract he signed when crossing from Port Adelaide at the end of 2017. Finished seventh in last year's best and fairest but fell out of favour this season and was dropped twice. Provided they're looked after with a reasonable pick, the Roos would be willing to entertain offers for the 27-year-old wingman and pay some of his wage for next season. Now it's about finding the right suitor.

TOM McDONALD (MELB)

Draft picks: Late second-round pick
Value on open market: $450,000-550,000

Overlooked late in the season with the Demons' finals hopes hanging by a thread, McDonald may need to look elsewhere to progress his AFL career. Has battled injuries and form since signing a four-year extension to 2022 early in his breakout 2018 campaign that netted 53 goals. With two years to run on his current deal, a potential suitor could look to smooth his contract out over three or four years to fit his existing deal into their cap.

PETER WRIGHT (GC)

The 24-year-old has two years left on a healthy contract he signed in early 2019. Failed to feature at AFL level this season season and was emergency more than 10 times, watching Ben King rush by him in the pecking order and Sam Day get picked as the preferred forward/ruck option. The Suns will entertain offers for their 203cm tall, but suitors will only emerge once Jeremy Cameron, Joe Daniher and Ben Brown have their futures sorted.

ALEX WITHERDEN (BL)

Value on open market: $300,000-400,000

Missed just two games across 2018-2019 but has been reduced to six matches this campaign with youngster Brandon Starcevich and recruits Grant Birchall and Callum Ah Chee picked ahead of him. Has two years to run on his current deal, and while the Lions won't want to lose him, Victorian clubs are already lining up for the 22-year-old who has proven himself as an astute ball user out of the back half.

BRAYDON PREUSS (MELB)

Draft picks: Early third-round pick
Value on open market: $300,000-400,000

Is it time for Preuss to look for his third club? Arrived at Melbourne on a four-year deal at the end of 2018 with the hope of playing in tandem with Max Gawn. That happened just once this season, with Preuss playing two other matches – including a win over Brodie Grundy – in Gawn's absence. It will be hard for the Demons to stand in his way given they've also brought in No.3 pick Luke Jackson since Preuss' arrival. Has already gained interest from Sydney and Greater Western Sydney.

CONNOR BLAKELY (FREM)

Will be open to a trade if suitors emerge. However, expect things to only ramp up closer to Trade Period when other inside midfielders including Brad Crouch and Jack Viney settle on decisions. Blakely, who starts next year at 24, signed a contract until 2022 just three weeks before Ross Lyon was sacked last season. Limited to five games this year under new coach Justin Longmuir.

WILL BRODIE (GC)

Draft picks: Late third-round pick

Both Brodie and Gold Coast are both on the same page that a fresh start would be the best result. Now it's about finding a suitor that will take on his current deal that has two years to run. Like a few other contracted players, he will need to wait for some of the high-profile midfield free agents to make their calls. Essendon is crying out for a big-bodied midfielder, and with Ollie Wines now to stay at Port Adelaide, attention could turn to Brodie.

CHARLIE CONSTABLE (GEEL)

Looking for a new home but will need to see where the cards fall elsewhere. After seven games last year, the 21-year-old played just two this year with the Cats committing to Brandan Parfitt and Cam Guthrie as inside midfielders to partner Patrick Dangerfield and Joel Selwood. With the Cats considering Shaun Higgins, a number of free agents and having last year's first-round pick Cooper Stephens up their sleeve, it's time for Constable to seek greater opportunities.

bornadog
28-09-2020, 05:11 PM
Preuss on the move. At just 25 years old, could be a good pickup

azabob
28-09-2020, 06:33 PM

Do you have to question his confidence and his self belief.

Apparently two weeks ago he was happy with his lot and it appeared that way when he was at North.

Wonder if he truly believes he can be a number one ruck?

bornadog
28-09-2020, 07:56 PM
Do you have to question his confidence and his self belief.

Apparently two weeks ago he was happy with his lot and it appeared that way when he was at North.

Wonder if he truly believes he can be a number one ruck?

Why would you leave North to go to a club with Gawn if you wanted to be number 1

ratsmac
28-09-2020, 08:20 PM
Would we have any interest in Polec? I honestly don't know the pros and cons about him as a player but from what I've seen he can certainly play. If Norf cough up some of his salary I can see him sitting on a wing opposite Hunter. You have to wonder though what the reasons are that the Kangas are keen to move him on.

Grantysghost
28-09-2020, 08:25 PM
Would we have any interest in Polec? I honestly don't know the pros and cons about him as a player but from what I've seen he can certainly play. If Norf cough up some of his salary I can see him sitting on a wing opposite Hunter. You have to wonder though what the reasons are that the Kangas are keen to move him on.

Three clubs in his career already looking at a fourth, you'd have to ask the question for sure whether there's something NQR.
The rumour goes he was asked to run with Cripps and refused but no idea if true.

Bulldog Joe
28-09-2020, 11:50 PM

I cannot see any possible way that Bevo would play Preuss in anything other than an extreme emergency.

He certainly doesn't appear to have the aerobic capacity to be the extra midfielder that Bevo requires and as a second ruck, where could we hide him. Bevo would prefer Dunkley.

Dry Rot
28-09-2020, 11:56 PM
I cannot see any possible way that Bevo would play Preuss in anything other than an extreme emergency.

He certainly doesn't appear to have the aerobic capacity to be the extra midfielder that Bevo requires and as a second ruck, where could we hide him. Bevo would prefer Dunkley.

Forgetting about minor matters such as availability, what current rucks (or reserve rucks) would Bevo want, and more importantly use?

Or is it a case we will never play a second ruck and just perhaps get another one in case English goes down?

If the latter, why would such a ruckman want to come to us and possibly never play?

The Adelaide Connection
29-09-2020, 12:03 AM
Three clubs in his career already looking at a fourth, you'd have to ask the question for sure whether there's something NQR.
The rumour goes he was asked to run with Cripps and refused but no idea if true.

When he came to Port from Brisbane he allegedly presented in awful shape. A mate of mine was at an amateur club that Polec joined up with in preseason to try to help get in shape after Port gave him a bollocking. Apparently he was off the back of the pack in every running drill. My mate also told me he was known to like to party.

The Doctor
29-09-2020, 10:27 AM
JYE CALDWELL (GWS)

Draft picks: Late first-round / early second-round pick

Think this could be a shrewd investment. I would especially at 400k

TOBY NANKERVIS (RICH)

Value on open market: $450,000-550,000 per season

I would do this but he's likely to remain at the Tigers

XAVIER O'HALLORAN (GWS)

I like this idea but think a 3rd round pick is more appropriate.

JACK LONIE (STK)

I don't see it myself. No chance a 2nd rounder surely.

EasternWest
29-09-2020, 10:36 AM

I'd rather Graham Polak

Axe Man
29-09-2020, 10:39 AM
I'd rather Graham Polak

I'd' rather the tram.

EasternWest
29-09-2020, 10:46 AM
I'd' rather the tram.

At least you know a tram will go forward and back and not discriminate in its efforts.

Polec is like a Shaun Higgins except crapper and one sided.

bornadog
29-09-2020, 10:48 AM
Think this could be a shrewd investment. I would especially at 400k. JYE CALDWELL (GWS)

One rumour had us interested in him.

bulldogsthru&thru
29-09-2020, 10:50 AM
That’s pretty good value for Caldwell. I suspect it will be more than that if a bidding ware ensues.

comrade
29-09-2020, 11:13 AM
Can honestly say I have no idea if Caldwell is any good or not. I didn't watch a heap of GWS this year (they were insipid most of time I did) and if Caldwell played in the game time I saw, he didn't stand out or do anything of note.

Axe Man
29-09-2020, 11:15 AM
One rumour had us interested in him.

I've not seen us linked to Caldwell, are you sure you aren't thinking of O'Halloran?

The Adelaide Connection
29-09-2020, 11:30 AM
I've not seen us linked to Caldwell, are you sure you aren't thinking of O'Halloran?

Like you I’ve only seen us linked to O’Halloran (who is a dogs fan so hopefully that goes in our favour). I’d take them both, but I’m not sure how, won’t have much left by the time the Crows screw us into burning maximum points on JUH.

bornadog
29-09-2020, 11:49 AM

Nope, Caldwell - but it was a rumour

(https://twitter.com/AFLTradeInsider)AFL Trade Insider
@AFLTradeInsider
(https://twitter.com/AFLTradeInsider)
Dees or Dogs

Quote Tweet

David Brown
@DavidDbbear
Sep 15

Replying to @AFLTradeInsider
Jye Caldwell from GWS to where?

soupman
29-09-2020, 12:01 PM
Some of these trade values are ridiculous considering how little equivalent players have been traded for in the past.

XAVIER O'HALLORAN (GWS)

Aiden Bonar was also a high draft pick that barely played in his first two seasons through a combination of injuries and form. Went to North with a future 4th rounder for a future 3rd rounder, so stuff all.

JACK LONIE (STK)

Dan Butler was a Premiership winning small forward that was on the fringes of selection that was traded for pick 56.

Lincoln McCarthy was a promising small forward that after many years in the system had been unable to secure himself a place in Geelongs forwardline, traded for an upgrade of pick 55 to 43 (and a downgrade of 59 to 62).

Gary Rohan was an established foward with unique attributes and a pretty decent career excluding finals. Traded for pick 62.

Dean Kent/Sam Lloyd are almost exact copies of Lonie in that they were fringe players that could perform on the day but never really found themselves secure in Melbournes/Richmonds team, traded for pick 65/64 respectively.

Who the hell would even consider an early third (pick 40ish, let alone a late second (30ish)?

NATHAN BROAD (RICH)

Draft picks: Mid-to-late second-round pick

Hahahahahaha.

Taylor Duryea, Nic Newman, Jack Scrimshaw went for a future fourth/future fourth/future third with a future fourth going the other way.

Sam Frost is probably a best case scenario trade and that was a a future second round pick and pick 50 for 42, 61 and a future fourth with Frost, and Broad is worth a lot less than Frost who is at least tall.

Who is stumping up mid to late second round picks for a role playing medium defender whose biggest asset is his girlfriends chest (allegedly)?

NAKIA COCKATOO (GEEL)

The guy has been in the system for 6 years, is about to turn 24, and has played just 34 games due to a body made out of crepe paper, despite Geelong desperately play him whenever he looked close to fit. Bont is from the same draft and has played 110 more games than him.

He is worth nothing, but I'd probably put him in the same category as McCarthy and Bonar, so a future 3rd for a future 4th and Cockatoo seems about right.

-------------------------------------------------
Fringe players are worth stuff all on the trading market, there's basically four trade values going around:

Gun: Asking price is two first rounders, you might get that but you'll be giving something back the other way, otherwise how does a first and a second for a third and the player sound?

Very good player: Asking price is a first rounder, late teens pick incoming (or two second rounders pretending to be worth the same).

Player with heaps of potential and promising formline: Second rounder incoming, but it'll be a late one.

Any kind of role player, super injured player, or fringe player: Ask for a third rounder, end up getting stuff all.

Axe Man
29-09-2020, 12:06 PM
Nope, Caldwell - but it was a rumour

(https://twitter.com/AFLTradeInsider)AFL Trade Insider
@AFLTradeInsider
(https://twitter.com/AFLTradeInsider)
Dees or Dogs

Quote Tweet

David Brown
@DavidDbbear
Sep 15

Replying to @AFLTradeInsider
Jye Caldwell from GWS to where?

Lol, that is probably a 12 year old on school holidays.

bulldogsthru&thru
29-09-2020, 12:08 PM

Might be Coopers little brother.

All the media has suggested Essendon or the Saints I think. He was a saints fan growing up so that means he'll go there for free.

Mofra
29-09-2020, 12:13 PM
Hunter runs both ways, Polec doesn't run defensively.
It's why he's about to be given away cheaply to a fourth club. Talented but coaches want players to work hard both ways.

bornadog
29-09-2020, 12:14 PM

1120 followers.

Once rumoured to be Barrett, but who knows.

mjp
29-09-2020, 09:59 PM
Talented but coaches want players to work hard both ways.

Well...COACH him then...

Mofra
30-09-2020, 10:12 AM
Well...COACH him then...
That assumes he hasn't been?
His problems at Brisbane and Port are again evident at North, and he was dropped more than once this year.

I don't think it's an innate part of his game and if North are willing to trade him out in a year where they are screaming out for talent after delisting 11 players and potentially trading out two others (arguably 2 of their best 4 performers over the past 4 years in Brown and Higgins) they are likely to have exhausted most, if not all, of their other options.

Happy Days
30-09-2020, 10:14 AM
Well...COACH him then...

When you give a guy a role, he refuses it, you drop him for not accepting instructions, he (allegedly) throws an even bigger hissy fit in response, then I'm not sure what coaching can really do.

EasternWest
30-09-2020, 10:25 AM
Well...COACH him then...

Oh that probably never occurred to them.

The Adelaide Connection
30-09-2020, 11:06 AM
That assumes he hasn't been?
His problems at Brisbane and Port are again evident at North, and he was dropped more than once this year.

I don't think it's an innate part of his game and if North are willing to trade him out in a year where they are screaming out for talent after delisting 11 players and potentially trading out two others (arguably 2 of their best 4 performers over the past 4 years in Brown and Higgins) they are likely to have exhausted most, if not all, of their other options.

This is obviously highly speculative given there has been no bread crumbs that would suggest it, but I wonder if comfortable Higgins has become problematic again or if he is just being cashed in while he has some value?

GVGjr
30-09-2020, 02:28 PM
Well...COACH him then...

Some players won't change, Polec has been at 3 clubs and seems to struggle with the requests to improve on his weaknesses

It will be interesting to see if can make a few changes to the way he plays.

ledge
30-09-2020, 03:50 PM
Some players won't change, Polec has been at 3 clubs and seems to struggle with the requests to improve on his weaknesses

The money ball edict, don’t worry about his weaknesses work with his strengths.
Higgins is a good example but you can only have one in your team if running both ways is the actual problem.

mjp
30-09-2020, 05:48 PM

I think we need to calm down on the 3 club stuff...it isn’t like Brisbane showed him the door...his leaving (along with Yeo et al) cost Voss his job.

The challenge is he has been rewarded throughout his football life for playing a certain way - and that no longer aligns with what north want him to do. I feel they are truly tipping out the baby with the bath water then that points to a relationship breakdown, NOT a football issue. And you guys know that.

EasternWest
30-09-2020, 05:52 PM
NOT a football issue. And you guys know that.

Disagree. What if he's just selfish and doesn't want to defend? He'd hardly be the first.

GVGjr
30-09-2020, 06:24 PM
I think we need to calm down on the 3 club stuff...it isn’t like Brisbane showed him the door...his leaving (along with Yeo et al) cost Voss his job.

The challenge is he has been rewarded throughout his football life for playing a certain way - and that no longer aligns with what north want him to do. I feel they are truly tipping out the baby with the bath water then that points to a relationship breakdown, NOT a football issue. And you guys know that.

Perhaps I haven't provided enough clarity in my response
The 3 clubs comment isn't a reflection on him it's more about your call that he needs to be coached.
So given he has been at 3 clubs I'm backing he would have heard it from a few different voices over his career, the fact that there doesn't appear to be a lot of improvement goes to my point that some players will nod the head and say 'Yes Coach' but quickly revert back to their old ways. It's all a bit of a guess from me but if I was earning big money like some of the players I'd try and do my best to address the observations being made by the coach. We all have to adapt and be prepared to change

North who have performed poorly this year dropped him so he would be very aware of what he needs to work on. The message should be loud and clear. He's got a heap of talent and could be a good fit for another side if North aren't going to play him

Grantysghost
01-10-2020, 08:44 AM
Rory Atkins four year deal on the Gold Coast reported in The Age.

comrade
01-10-2020, 08:46 AM

GC aka where average players go top up their super.

azabob
01-10-2020, 08:56 AM

Reporting just over $400K a year with a trigger for a 5th year.

Grantysghost
01-10-2020, 09:25 AM
Reporting just over $400K a year with a trigger for a 5th year.

He's done well there.

Grantysghost
01-10-2020, 09:30 AM
Watson re Daniher on SEN this morning:

“I think he’s definitely going and absolutely think that based on all the feedback I got yesterday, I think he’ll land up at Brisbane and they’ve been talking to him for some time.”

Grantysghost
01-10-2020, 09:37 AM
GC aka where average players go top up their super.

Why they needed to offer him that long is beyond me. He probably argued for time over dollars, which kind of proves your point. Nice 4 or 5 years in the sun.

comrade
01-10-2020, 09:49 AM
Watson re Daniher on SEN this morning:

“I think he’s definitely going and absolutely think that based on all the feedback I got yesterday, I think he’ll land up at Brisbane and they’ve been talking to him for some time.”

Essendon could have had 2 early first rounders for him last year. Now they'll end up with a pick in the late teens at best.

bulldogsthru&thru
01-10-2020, 09:54 AM
Reported on Footy Classified that the saints are going hard at Tim Taranto. He’s under contract for two more years so not sure how they get that done but the saints aren’t gonna die wondering with their trading.

Mofra
01-10-2020, 09:59 AM
Reported on Footy Classified that the saints are going hard at Tim Taranto. He’s under contract for two more years so not sure how they get that done but the saints aren’t gonna die wondering with their trading.
I admire how hard the Saints are going.
Taranto is a rolled gold A grader and if he leaves GWS would be in a world of hurt - they've clearly made keeping him a priority over a host of other players. It would send a massive message to the group.

comrade
01-10-2020, 10:03 AM
Saints would have to give up a king's ransom to get Taranto, at least 2 first rounders would be market value. I'd also be asking for Rowan Marshall to be included in the deal if I was GWS.

Can't see it happening.

Grantysghost
01-10-2020, 10:03 AM
Essendon could have had 2 early first rounders for him last year. Now they'll end up with a pick in the late teens at best.

Fantasia gone too. All that posturing for a token win that not only cost you picks, but effectively two years of development into guys that will be on the list in 2021.
Dodo does it again!