PDA

View Full Version : The Moment: Rnd 13, 2020 vs Melbourne Demons

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
22-08-2020, 01:24 PM
The moment, the best, most courageous moment that caught your eye in today's game against Melbourne. Was it the moment that told you 'we've got this' or 'we lost this one right here'? Or was it the moment that you went 'wow....that is crazy courage.'

jeemak
22-08-2020, 05:20 PM
I'm going with Bont's goal after half time. Set the tone by banging it through with a decisive kick.

BornInDroopSt'54
22-08-2020, 05:41 PM
I'm going with Bont's goal after half time. Set the tone by banging it through with a decisive kick.

Spot on, me too.

Eastdog
22-08-2020, 05:42 PM

Ill go this one as well. Yeah such an important goal in the context of the game today. After that the momentum was with us.

MrMahatma
22-08-2020, 06:19 PM
Maybe the moment Bruce went into the ruck. Things started to happen.

Ozza
22-08-2020, 06:26 PM
The Bont goal certainly started it. Libba's goal was a great solo effort - and I'm not sure where we would have been if he didn't kick that in the 2nd term.

bornadog
22-08-2020, 06:57 PM
Not sure if anyone saw the half time interview of Bevo, but he said he was going to change it up after a couple of lapses that allowed the two Melbourne goals at the end of the quarter. I felt this is the moment, or we get thrashed as Melbourne have had some big quarters themselves over the past three weeks.

Bumper Bulldogs
22-08-2020, 07:17 PM
Not sure if anyone saw the half time interview of Bevo, but he said he was going to change it up after a couple of lapses that allowed the two Melbourne goals at the end of the quarter. I felt this is the moment, or we get thrashed as Melbourne have had some big quarters themselves over the past three weeks.

I’m going with this also. Bevo looked so disappointed with what had happened.

AshMac
22-08-2020, 07:31 PM

Yeh this one for me too

Grantysghost
22-08-2020, 07:48 PM
When Bont crashed through the pack in the third qtr and took out a Melbourne player for the game. Big message to everyone that the skipper was showing the intent we needed.

jeemak
22-08-2020, 08:31 PM
The Bont goal certainly started it. Libba's goal was a great solo effort - and I'm not sure where we would have been if he didn't kick that in the 2nd term.

Honourable mention for sure.

GVGjr
22-08-2020, 08:55 PM
I think the Bontempelli goal in the 3rd quarter was a team lifting moment. It was important for us to grab momentum early

We all know Bont's a special talent and that was another timely reminder

The Pie Man
22-08-2020, 08:57 PM
Maybe the moment Bruce went into the ruck. Things started to happen.

Yep - decent match day coaching that does ask a few more questions we might not have answers too

Happy Days
22-08-2020, 09:10 PM
Melksham giving away 50. Cheers wanker.

westbulldog
23-08-2020, 12:13 AM
When I turned down the sound and didn't have to listen to Dwayne any further.

ledge
23-08-2020, 09:16 AM
When I turned down the sound and didn't have to listen to Dwayne any further.

Haha at least we didn’t have Bruce salivating over Duck all night with a few BT expletives when he blows up the most inane play ever.

ratsmac
23-08-2020, 01:45 PM
Moving English away from the centre was when the game swung in our favour. Pruess knew he has English's measure and so did Tim. Bruce simply interrupted the rhythm Pruess had going when he went in there

merantau
23-08-2020, 07:29 PM
Bont's goal was a real pearler and came at just the right time.

Bulldog Joe
23-08-2020, 08:01 PM

The follow up when he received the handball from Hunter and hit Wallis on the chest, really said we refuse to lose.

Hotdog60
23-08-2020, 08:17 PM
Moving English away from the centre was when the game swung in our favour. Pruess knew he has English's measure and so did Tim. Bruce simply interrupted the rhythm Pruess had going when he went in there

Not wanting to derail the thread but this gives me the indication that we need to support Tim as he develops. I think even though Sweet may not have the tank or skill level or what ever else is stopping him playing should support Tim and may be vice versa may also help Sweet. They can either rest forward or back depending on how we are going and let our mids be making the play and not trying to read the oppositions.

If we lose the math to play finals we need to work the ruck situation out.

Anyway the moment for me was the play that started with Daniel and ended up with Smith kicking the goal. We were full of run and Dees looked lost.

Vred
24-08-2020, 04:09 AM

Bonts goal in the third for me was the 'Yep, Bulldogs are about to play a good third' moment.

Topdog
24-08-2020, 08:07 AM

We actually won the clearances and centre clearances in the first 2 quarters and lost them in the last 2 quarters.
Pruess had no impact on the game at all.
They got that goal just before half time which probably enhanced his impact in our minds

Ozza
24-08-2020, 10:29 AM
The follow up when he received the handball from Hunter and hit Wallis on the chest, really said when refuse to lose.

That handball from Hunter was brilliant, if Hunter goes over the top, Bont may not have had time to size up the Mitch Wallis target and get it to him, the end over end bounced handball was perfect.