PDA

View Full Version : The Moment: Rnd 18, 2020 vs Fremantle

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
20-09-2020, 03:26 PM
The moment, the best, most courageous moment that caught your eye in tonight's game against Fremantle. Was it the moment that told you 'we've got this' or 'we lost this one right here'? Or was it the moment that you went 'wow....that is crazy courage.

Testekill
20-09-2020, 09:42 PM
Roarke shimmying through the Dockers defense on 50 and hitting up a free Hunter. That was when I knew we were home.

GVGjr
20-09-2020, 09:44 PM
The Bailey Smith snap for a goal got me out of the chair.

You can't teach that sort of footy nous

Eastdog
20-09-2020, 09:53 PM
Not particularly one moment from one player but the 2nd quarter really set us up for the win.

josie
20-09-2020, 09:54 PM
Roarke shimmying through the Dockers defense on 50 and hitting up a free Hunter. That was when I knew we were home.

Yep-same for me

bornadog
20-09-2020, 09:56 PM

Yes, I will take that as well. Great stuff from Roarke

Grantysghost
20-09-2020, 10:05 PM
The Hunter gut run after Libba’s elite vision set up a goal for English in the second quarter. That’s how you lead by example.

KT31
20-09-2020, 10:09 PM
The Hunter gut run after Libba’s elite vision set up a goal for English in the second quarter. That’s how you lead by example.

Hunter for me as well, add in his two smothers in 10 seconds and I thought it’s going to be ugly but we will get it done.

Vred
21-09-2020, 02:59 AM

+2 for this

boydogs
21-09-2020, 03:33 AM
Hunter is really playing like he's got a point to prove, he wasn't going to let us lose today

merantau
21-09-2020, 06:48 AM
The Roarke, "I'm the Candy Man", move was a thing of beauty that only a skateboarder could execute.

AshMac
21-09-2020, 07:00 AM

Yep, this for me too.

Libbas kick was the stuff finals are made of.

Would have been Wallys 3qtr time kick if it’s gone through

Mofra
21-09-2020, 10:22 AM
Libba's left foot pass into the middle of the ground in the 2nd quarter.

Until them Freo has us playing 'inside', made the game congested so it was pretty even.
After Libba showed the rest of the team that gettignt he ball outside the contest opens the game up, we kick the next 5 and kill the game.
Even by hand we would take the outside option rather than a closer safe option. It was a game of two phases - before Libba's kick, and after Libba's kick.

comrade
21-09-2020, 10:30 AM
Libba's left foot pass into the middle of the ground in the 2nd quarter.

Until them Freo has us playing 'inside', made the game congested so it was pretty even.
After Libba showed the rest of the team that gettignt he ball outside the contest opens the game up, we kick the next 5 and kill the game.
Even by hand we would take the outside option rather than a closer safe option. It was a game of two phases - before Libba's kick, and after Libba's kick.

Yep, spot on.

That kick was a thing of a beauty and it's those decisions that separate the good players from the truly elite.

Ozza
21-09-2020, 10:56 AM
Libba's kick to the middle of the ground was the moment we decided to "win" the game instead of trying to not lose the game.

EasternWest
21-09-2020, 11:29 AM

Great sidestep, but did he really "hit up" Hunter?

To me look like a shank that Hunter had the best run at.

SonofScray
21-09-2020, 11:29 AM
JJ and Baz's goals. The sort of goals you need to break an arm wrestle and make the most of games where the output isn't as even as you'd like. We'll need more of it in the finals. So pleased that JJ's scoreboard influence has started to trickle back into the game.

Happy Days
21-09-2020, 11:56 AM
Great sidestep, but did he really "hit up" Hunter?

To me look like a shank that Hunter had the best run at.

He didn’t hit him up but he put the ball exactly where it should have been put. Compare and contrast with Crozier, a far better kick, going with a shallow entry and turning it over the quartet before. Credit to him for backing himself in to get in enough space to lean into it and put it deep into the wind.

The handball at the start of the passage though? That was nice as hell. Not to mention his workrate to get involved in the chain again.

EasternWest
21-09-2020, 12:06 PM
He didn’t hit him up but he put the ball exactly where it should have been put. Compare and contrast with Crozier, a far better kick, going with a shallow entry and turning it over the quartet before. Credit to him for backing himself in to get in enough space to lean into it and put it deep into the wind.

The handball at the start of the passage though? That was nice as hell. Not to mention his workrate to get involved in the chain again.

I agree the ball ended up in a better place - but the question is was that his intent? I say no.

Bulldog4life
21-09-2020, 12:12 PM
For me it was Timmy bouncing the pill and then a dinky pass to the Bont instead of blazing away. Tim has a good footy brain. I like it.

bornadog
21-09-2020, 01:37 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZcCJBiDcxo&feature=youtu.be&ab_channel=Bornadog