PDA

View Full Version : Western Bulldogs Game Day V St. Kilda - Week 1 2020 Elimination Final Two

Pages : [1] 2 3

Eastdog
22-09-2020, 12:43 AM
Margin:
First goal:
Best on ground:

Eastdog
22-09-2020, 12:45 AM
Bump

Vred
22-09-2020, 02:13 AM
Margin: Dogs by 18
First goal: Wallis
Best on ground: Libba

angelopetraglia
22-09-2020, 03:31 PM
Confirmed.

GABBA. Saturday 4:40pm.

(Common sense prevails)

Happy Days
22-09-2020, 03:49 PM
Not gonna lie, a Saturday arvo game at the Adelaide Oval in drier conditions in front of people who actually know what's going on was probably more appealling than at the Gabba.

bornadog
22-09-2020, 03:52 PM
Not gonna lie, a Saturday arvo game at the Adelaide Oval in drier conditions in front of people who actually know what's going on was probably more appealling than at the Gabba.

Gabba is the Grand Final venue, so need to play it well. :)

bulldogsthru&thru
22-09-2020, 04:15 PM
What, you don't enjoy the chorus of boos that errupt after a tackle and subsequent correct non holding the ball decision?

Even the saints' QLD "fans" don't know the rules. I've heard them boo countless times this year when a tackle was laid and the umpire correctly deemed it not to be holding the ball.

Axe Man
22-09-2020, 04:34 PM

If we beat St Kilda there's a fair chance we will be playing Brisbane at the Gabba in the second week as well, might as well get used to it.

Axe Man
22-09-2020, 04:35 PM
What, you don't enjoy the chorus of boos that errupt after a tackle and subsequent correct non holding the ball decision?

Even the saints' QLD "fans" don't know the rules. I've heard them boo countless times this year when a tackle was laid and the umpire correctly deemed it not to be holding the ball.

That sounds like every clubs supporter base at every single game.

bornadog
22-09-2020, 04:55 PM
If we beat St Kilda there's a fair chance we will be playing Brisbane at the Gabba in the second week as well, might as well get used to it.

or Richmond

Eastdog
22-09-2020, 07:12 PM

Yeah rather not have to travel if we can and yes the Gabba ultimately is where you need to be able to play to win it this year.

Eastdog
22-09-2020, 07:14 PM
Early Prediction might change after we see the teams.

Margin: Dogs by 9 points
First goal: Josh Bruce
Best on ground: Tom Liberatore

CarnTheScray
23-09-2020, 12:45 PM
If we come across Brisbane in finals we will beat them.

Dry Rot
23-09-2020, 09:33 PM
We have a dodgy recent record vs Saints.

What do we particularly need to do right to win?

merantau
23-09-2020, 10:13 PM

Excellent point BAD.

merantau
23-09-2020, 10:18 PM
Billings always saves his best for us. We need a plan to negate him.

AshMac
23-09-2020, 10:37 PM
Billings always saves his best for us. We need a plan to negate him.

He does, then we have to endure Ch7 commentators scraping the barrel and comparing him to Bont in draft value...

I think Billings is a very classy player - sometimes - but to me he is the epitome of a downhill skier. We come out hard,, HARD and physical. Shake them early and play our style of game and doubt we'll notice if Billings is playing.

Eastdog
24-09-2020, 08:02 PM
Got an email today from the club in regard to elimination final ticket eligibility: no luck for us Victorian woofers which was always expected.

A twilight clash awaits the Western Bulldogs in the second elimination final, against St Kilda. The Gabba will host the match at 4:40pm AEST on Saturday 3 October.

Based on state border restrictions as of 24 hours prior to the ticket on-sale, only members who reside in Queensland, or who reside in states with open borders to Queensland, will be eligible to purchase tickets.

Given the ongoing impact of COVID-19, there will be rigorous capacity and control measures in place at all 2020 Toyota AFL Finals Series matches, including but not limited to: COVID Safe plans for all venues, physical distancing requirements, regular cleaning and disinfecting, restrictions on crowd numbers, and maintaining a list of contact details for every person who attends each match.

To ensure we adhere to these strict contact tracing requirements, club member entitlements are not transferable.

According to your current place of residence on our records, this unfortunately means you are not eligible to use your Western Bulldogs membership to purchase tickets to the 2020 Toyota AFL Finals Weeks 1-3 for yourself, or on behalf of others. Your membership barcode will not be activated to access the member priority ticket on-sales.

If the residential address we have on file for you is not current, please contact the Membership Services Team on (03) 8899 7414.

Thankyou for your ongoing support of the Bulldogs, and though you can’t be at the ground next Saturday, you can watch the team live and free on Channel Seven as they kick-off their campaign, United For Finals with us.

Eastdog
24-09-2020, 09:10 PM
https://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/finals/ticketing

The Adelaide Connection
24-09-2020, 11:18 PM
Got an email today from the club in regard to elimination final ticket eligibility: no luck for us Victorian woofers which was always expected.

A twilight clash awaits the Western Bulldogs in the second elimination final, against St Kilda. The Gabba will host the match at 4:40pm AEST on Saturday 3 October.

Based on state border restrictions as of 24 hours prior to the ticket on-sale, only members who reside in Queensland, or who reside in states with open borders to Queensland, will be eligible to purchase tickets.

Given the ongoing impact of COVID-19, there will be rigorous capacity and control measures in place at all 2020 Toyota AFL Finals Series matches, including but not limited to: COVID Safe plans for all venues, physical distancing requirements, regular cleaning and disinfecting, restrictions on crowd numbers, and maintaining a list of contact details for every person who attends each match.

To ensure we adhere to these strict contact tracing requirements, club member entitlements are not transferable.

According to your current place of residence on our records, this unfortunately means you are not eligible to use your Western Bulldogs membership to purchase tickets to the 2020 Toyota AFL Finals Weeks 1-3 for yourself, or on behalf of others. Your membership barcode will not be activated to access the member priority ticket on-sales.

If the residential address we have on file for you is not current, please contact the Membership Services Team on (03) 8899 7414.

Thankyou for your ongoing support of the Bulldogs, and though you can’t be at the ground next Saturday, you can watch the team live and free on Channel Seven as they kick-off their campaign, United For Finals with us.

I've got the golden handshake email that allows me to get tickets, but the flights are going to have to move significantly from $400+ish each way. The weekend after they are $180 odd, so maybe we just have to win and play in Brisbane again?

swampdau
25-09-2020, 08:46 AM
I live in Canberra, so I got the email and my barcodes are active. Apparently I can buy six tickets per barcode, and I have three barcodes (I pay for some memberships for Victorian family, ironically enough). Flights and accommodation are already booked, just waiting for ticket sales to open. If anyone wants to access tickets or get me to pick up a Record from the game, just let me know.

SonofScray
25-09-2020, 09:18 AM
Dogs 13.11 d Saints 12.6
BOG: J Bruce
First Goal: J Bruce

EasternWest
25-09-2020, 09:26 AM
I live in Canberra, so I got the email and my barcodes are active. Apparently I can buy six tickets per barcode, and I have three barcodes (I pay for some memberships for Victorian family, ironically enough). Flights and accommodation are already booked, just waiting for ticket sales to open. If anyone wants to access tickets or get me to pick up a Record from the game, just let me know.

You're a champ, enjoy the game.

Eastdog
25-09-2020, 10:50 AM

Lucky you swampdau. Enjoy the game and cheer loudly on behalf of all of us Victorian Woofers. Go Dogs!

Eastdog
25-09-2020, 10:51 AM
Dogs 13.11 d Saints 12.6
BOG: J Bruce
First Goal: J Bruce

Now that is a famous score :D

Bulldog Joe
25-09-2020, 10:55 AM
Now that is a famous score :D

Isn't it just the score that wins finals?

Certainly was in 2016.

Or is it just for Bulldog Finals.

Axe Man
25-09-2020, 10:56 AM
I've got the golden handshake email that allows me to get tickets, but the flights are going to have to move significantly from $400+ish each way. The weekend after they are $180 odd, so maybe we just have to win and play in Brisbane again?

You would think the airlines would want to get people flying again, or are people that desperate they are willing to pay an exorbitant price?

Eastdog
25-09-2020, 11:01 AM
You would think the airlines would want to get people flying again, or are people that desperate they are willing to pay an exorbitant price?

Yeah that would be common sense. Lower prices would more likely increase demand.

Eastdog
25-09-2020, 11:01 AM
Isn't it just the score that wins finals?

Certainly was in 2016.

Or is it just for Bulldog Finals.

For the prelim and GF it worked 13.11.

bulldogsthru&thru
25-09-2020, 11:11 AM

Hey I never realised that!

Bulldog Joe
25-09-2020, 11:22 AM

I know and ever since I have worked on the first team to 89 wins.

Bulldog Joe
25-09-2020, 11:24 AM
Yeah that would be common sense. Lower prices would more likely increase demand.

Problem is that with the lack of people allowed to travel, they can't fill planes.

The need to get more money to make it viable and they are only taking those who really need to or are desperate enough.

Axe Man
25-09-2020, 11:37 AM
Problem is that with the lack of people allowed to travel, they can't fill planes.

The need to get more money to make it viable and they are only taking those who really need to or are desperate enough.

But anybody can fly from SA to Queensland, they are only restricting Vic and NSW now. For example I would have thought reasonable airfares would encourage plenty of SA residents to take a Queensland holiday after being restricted for the best part of 6 months.

1eyedog
25-09-2020, 11:47 AM

People are desperate. Qantas offered a round trip around Uluru, the Great Barrier Reef, Bungle Bungles for 4k and it sold out in hours. You don't even get to get off the plane but they were planning to fly low over all landmarks.

The Adelaide Connection
29-09-2020, 01:31 AM

Unfortunately the game lines up with the middle weekend of the school holidays over here. I suspect the prices are high based on high demand. The weekend after looks much more reasonable.

bulldogsthru&thru
30-09-2020, 11:15 AM
Rumour has it that Battle is an out for the saints due to injury.

comrade
30-09-2020, 12:46 PM

Bit of a Mr Fix It for the Saints and would stretch us in defence in he played forward. Good out for us if true.

Axe Man
30-09-2020, 12:51 PM

Seems to be more than a rumour:

Sammy Edmund on Josh Battle:

"Josh Battle won’t play in the Elimination Final against the Western Bulldogs. He can't train, he has a sore foot. They think it’s nothing major but they hope to rest him up for next week, if there is in-fact a next week."

Apparently nullified Haynes last game. Wood and Crozier aren't at Haynes level but Battle's absence should make it easier for them to intercept.

bornadog
30-09-2020, 01:03 PM

Apparently nullified Haynes last game. Wood and Crozier aren't at Haynes level but Battle's absence should make it easier for them to intercept.

Jones also a test for Hamstring.

bulldogsthru&thru
30-09-2020, 01:05 PM

Sounds like he's facing an uphill Battle to get up for the game.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
30-09-2020, 01:16 PM

Oh Wow..

"I'm here all week, please try the veal"

bulldogsthru&thru
30-09-2020, 01:57 PM
Oh Wow..

His teammate Brad did say he doesn’t see him getting over the Hill. After the Battle was lost Max was the new King of the Hill.

The Adelaide Connection
30-09-2020, 02:05 PM
His teammate Brad did say he doesn’t see him getting over the Hill. After the Battle was lost Max was the new King of the Hill.

Don’t forget about Zak. I hear he is Jonesing for a position post-injury too.

bulldogsthru&thru
30-09-2020, 02:13 PM
That’s true. We’ll need to be switched on. I’m sure Rohan will Marshall the troops and with Longs bombs out of defence we don’t want Butler dishing it up to the King all night.

bulldogsthru&thru
30-09-2020, 02:28 PM
Oh Wow..

It got out of hand pretty quickly didn't it

ledge
30-09-2020, 04:01 PM
I really rate Battle looks better every game, a good out for us.

EasternWest
30-09-2020, 04:08 PM

I just hope they don't lose the battle but win the war.

bulldogsthru&thru
30-09-2020, 04:11 PM
Suckers! Yes!

EasternWest
30-09-2020, 04:14 PM
Suckers! Yes!

If I start getting called that I might have to acknowledge a critical flaw in my approach.

dog town
01-10-2020, 01:48 PM
Preview of all 4 games from Craig Jensen. Ours is about 3/4 of the way through. Don’t always agree with him but always fascinating and good insight.

https://www.sen.com.au/programs/whateley/

Eastdog
01-10-2020, 01:53 PM
https://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/news/819996/bulldogs-and-saints-a-brief-finals-history

Bulldogs and Saints: A (brief) finals history
Here’s a snapshot of the brief finals history between the Bulldogs and St Kilda.

The Western Bulldogs and St Kilda will meet this Saturday for just the fifth time in a final, in a period spanning 95 years.

Since the Bulldogs entered the VFL competition in 1925, there have been 162 games between the two clubs, but only four contests at the business end of the season.

Despite there being fewer teams in the VFL competition, it wasn’t until 1961 that the teams met in a final, and there was another 31-year wait until the Semi Final of 1992.

The Dogs and Saints then played back-to-back preliminary finals in 2009 and 2010.

The ledger stands at two wins apiece heading into this weekend’s Elimination Final at the Gabba.

Here’s a snapshot of the brief finals history between the Bulldogs and St Kilda:

1961 Semi Final at the MCG (Bulldogs 69 defeated Saints 60)

In front of over 86,000 fans, the Dogs established a 20-point lead by three quarter time and held on to win by nine points. Merv Hobbs booted three goals for the Dogs, with Ted Whitten and John Schultz among his team-mates that day.

1992 Semi Final at Waverley Park (Bulldogs 119 defeated Saints 90)

Chris Grant booted five goals and collected 25 disposals as the Bulldogs comfortably defeated the Saints to reach the Preliminary Final. A dominant first three quarters set up a 55-point advantage at the final change, before the Dogs eased their way to victory.

2009 Preliminary Final at the MCG (Saints 60 defeated Bulldogs 53)

A heart-breaking loss to Bulldogs in a low-scoring affair. The Dogs led for most of the match, and were ahead on the scoreboard in the last quarter heading into time-on, before Nick Riewoldt kicked the final two goals of the game.

2010 Preliminary Final at the MCG (Saints 88 defeated Bulldogs 64)

A year on from their finals exit to St Kilda, the Bulldogs again failed to reach the last Saturday in September. Again, they led at half time (by six points), but a seven-goal third term from the Saints blew the game open and led them to a 24-point win.

bornadog
01-10-2020, 01:56 PM
Dogs by 17

First Goal Bruce

BOG: The Bont

mjp
01-10-2020, 01:56 PM
2009 Preliminary Final at the MCG (Saints 60 defeated Bulldogs 53)

A heart-breaking loss to Bulldogs in a low-scoring affair. The Dogs led for most of the match, and were ahead on the scoreboard in the last quarter heading into time-on, before Nick Riewoldt kicked the final two goals of the game.

Oh yeah. This is exactly what I needed to be reminded of right now.

Rock me to sleep!

Eastdog
01-10-2020, 02:07 PM
Oh yeah. This is exactly what I needed to be reminded of right now.

Rock me to sleep!

Yeah another game best forgotten.

mjp
01-10-2020, 02:20 PM
This is going to sound stupid but I think this was the game when I realised we were never going to PLAY IN (let alone win) a grand final whilst I was alive. A sad thing to think whilst still in your 30's!

I was obviously wrong but this game was a devastating defeat.

Rocco Jones
01-10-2020, 02:30 PM
This is going to sound stupid but I think this was the game when I realised we were never going to PLAY IN (let alone win) a grand final whilst I was alive. A sad thing to think whilst still in your 30's!

I was exactly the same (other than being in my late 20s). It was the most defeating of losses.

bulldogsthru&thru
01-10-2020, 02:34 PM
I was exactly the same (other than being in my late 20s). It was the most defeating of losses.

I think it's that 2009 prelim loss that has me wanting us to win on saturday against that mob more than another team. It really shouldn't matter. It was over 10 years ago and we've won a flag since and they haven't. But for some reason it does.

In saying that, the pain from the 97 loss to the crows seems to have worn off. Perhaps it takes a premiership AND 20 years.

Mantis
01-10-2020, 02:38 PM

Probably the most devastated I’ve ever felt after a game... way worse than ‘97.

We were all over St.Kilda and didn’t put them away when we had the chance and were on the end of some disgusting umpiring.

That result doesn’t sit well with me.

mjp
01-10-2020, 02:42 PM

100000000%

I have said it before but '97 was such a wild, crazy and UNEXPECTED ride that for me the loss was bad but I just loved that team and was 100% confident we would "get 'em next year".

Hence my new life philosophy - If you ever get a chance, you had better bloody well take it.
:-)

The Pie Man
01-10-2020, 02:46 PM

We were all over St.Kilda and didn’t put them away when we had the chance and were on the end of some disgusting umpiring.

Likewise. Rest of that weekend was a torturous, sleep deprived shambles.

bulldogsthru&thru
01-10-2020, 02:47 PM
100000000%

I have said it before but '97 was such a wild, crazy and UNEXPECTED ride that for me the loss was bad but I just loved that team and was 100% confident we would "get 'em next year".

Hence my new life philosophy - If you ever get a chance, you had better bloody well take it.
:-)

It's crazy the paralells between the 97/98 and 09/10 prelims. Faced the same team back to back. Should have won the first but lost in heartbreaking fashion. Got the chance at redemption a year later. Got blown away. Some teams just can't climb that mountain.

The Pie Man
01-10-2020, 02:48 PM
Get a bit nervous that our best two forwards come in under injury clouds, and Naughton seems to need a bit to warm up on return (I know he won’t have actually missed a game, but you know)

Big, big, BIG night for Josh Bruce.

The Pie Man
01-10-2020, 02:52 PM
It's crazy the paralells between the 97/98 and 09/10 prelims. Faced the same team back to back. Should have won the first but lost in heartbreaking fashion. Got the chance at redemption a year later. Got blown away. Some teams just can't climb that mountain.

It wasn’t our destiny, but how much did it irk everyone that it was wet the next Saturday which would’ve rendered our lack of a tall forward a non issue if we’d got through?

Sedat
01-10-2020, 04:09 PM

The better team on the night lost that prelim, even Ross Lyon conceded that after the game. It was a gut-wrenching result but I don't think I've ever been prouder of the team after a loss. I was at the GF the week after, and whilst it was small consolation I was quite chuffed that the better team lost the GF in similar heartbreaking circumstances that we lost the week prior.

The game that really irked me in 2009 was the QF. We didn't come to play in the first half and duly lost, which put us in the tough PF side of the finals draw.

The Pie Man
01-10-2020, 07:01 PM
The better team on the night lost that prelim, even Ross Lyon conceded that after the game. It was a gut-wrenching result but I don't think I've ever been prouder of the team after a loss. I was at the GF the week after, and whilst it was small consolation I was quite chuffed that the better team lost the GF in similar heartbreaking circumstances that we lost the week prior.

The game that really irked me in 2009 was the QF. We didn't come to play in the first half and duly lost, which put us in the tough PF side of the finals draw.

Go from the most shattered to the most tense I reckon I’ve ever been before a game. It was so important, but then after Hudson nicked the first goal of the game, we did not show up in that first quarter.

Bitterly disappointing

Grantysghost
01-10-2020, 07:05 PM
Go from the most shattered to the most tense I reckon I’ve ever been before a game. It was so important, but then after Hudson nicked the first goal of the game, we did not show up in that first quarter.

Bitterly disappointing

We'd done the Cats in the second last round at Etihad too, I was as confident as you could be back then going into that final. Alas, not to be.

ratsmac
01-10-2020, 08:49 PM

Same here

I think it's that 2009 prelim loss that has me wanting us to win on saturday against that mob more than another team. It really shouldn't matter. It was over 10 years ago and we've won a flag since and they haven't. But for some reason it does.

In saying that, the pain from the 97 loss to the crows seems to have worn off. Perhaps it takes a premiership AND 20 years.
Same here

Same here

jeemak
02-10-2020, 01:10 AM
I'll never get over 97. Never.

A bit like Sedat I was completely filthy at our qualifying performances in 08/09 but the latter hurt most as we were at least as good as the Cats and that game enabled stereotypical perceptions of each club to be proliferated for what seemed like eternity until 2016 came along.

I think with 09's preliminary final I've continued to be so incredulous about the way it was officiated that it hasn't affected me to the extent it has some others. I'm stuck in a void of trying to intellectualise what I witnessed that night, and I still can't.

The Bulldogs Bite
02-10-2020, 08:49 AM
09 took me a long while to accept / get over too. Not really until 2016 did I kind of let it go.

We really should have almost put the Saints away in the first quarter, but some of the frees were ridiculous including the Lake on Riewoldt one before the start of the 3QTR.

Gilbee's miss long lives with me too.

Bulldog Revolution
02-10-2020, 09:16 AM
09 and 97 are both enormous missed opportunities

Looking back I felt we would have won in 97 but felt less confident we would overcome the cats on 09

During the 09 PF we seriously gave that game everything - I felt like it came down to umpiring - Hargraves holding the ball when he kicked it 45 metres, the Riewoldt free kick(s)

97 I just sat there in the MCG members stunned - Ive never been about to watch DJarman highlights and derive any enjoyment from them - but having come from where we'd come from I dont think it hit me instantly what a monumental opportunity we'd just blown

Happy Days
02-10-2020, 09:35 AM
We choked in 09. The umpires didn't help but if we kick the goals we missed then we win.

comrade
02-10-2020, 09:59 AM
Reading about 2009, 1997 etc...alll I can say is: thank **** for 2016!

Eastdog
02-10-2020, 10:56 AM
Reading about 2009, 1997 etc...alll I can say is: thank **** for 2016!

Yes 2016 helped a lot in shrugging those PF losses off but still they hurt as they were big opportunities.

The late 2000s we were a strong team but just not as strong as a few other teams ahead of us in those years. Much stronger competition then.

The late 90s 1997 a very even year and a huge opportunity to win the flag but it wasn’t to be. We were very solid in the 90s.

Eastdog
02-10-2020, 12:59 PM
https://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/news/820601/elimination-final-match-preview

Elimination Final match preview
The lowdown on everything you need to know ahead of the Elimination Final.

The Western Bulldogs and St Kilda will do battle in a winner-takes-all contest at the Gabba on Saturday afternoon, for a chance to lock in a Semi Final berth.

Here’s the lowdown on everything you need to know ahead of the Elimination Final:

HOW THEY GOT HERE
The Bulldogs were on the bottom of the ladder after two rounds. They slowly recovered and stormed into the top eight by Round 17, eventually overcoming a plucky Fremantle outfit in Round 18 to secure seventh spot for a second successive year. The Saints, conversely, shot out of the blocks in 2020 and have occupied a position at the top end of the ladder for most of the season. In the end, the Dogs and Saints each recorded 10 wins and seven losses for the campaign.

RECENT FORMLINE
The Bulldogs have saved their best footy for the back-end of the season, winning five of their last six, with that loss coming against a Geelong team which had to reel in a six-goal deficit in Round 14. The Saints have won two of their last three games, including a 52-point thrashing of GWS in the last round.

LAST TIME THEY MET
The red-hot Saints were far too good for the Bulldogs in Round 2 this year, in the first game back from the 11-week AFL season hiatus. St Kilda won each of the first three quarters to lead by 40 points at the final change, eventually winning by 39. Jack Billings (three goals and 24 disposals) and Zak Jones (29 touches) starred for the Saints, while Bailey Smith (29 possessions) and Josh Dunkley (27 disposals and a goal) held their own for the Dogs.

RECENT FINALS HISTORY
This will be the Bulldogs’ fourth appearance in the finals in the last six years. An Elimination Final in 2015 was followed by that fairytale premiership the following year. Two years outside the top eight has been followed by back-to-back Elimination Finals. The Dogs will be looking to redeem themselves from last year’s finals exit against GWS.
This will be St Kilda’s first final since 2011, where they were defeated by Sydney in the first week. That result followed two years of finals heartbreak on the biggest stage – in 2010 the Saints lost the Grand Final replay to Collingwood, and in 2009 they lost the season decider to Geelong.

TEAM SELECTION
The Bulldogs received a couple of injury scares from their Round 18 game, with Aaron Naughton (cheekbone) and Mitch Wallis (shoulder) under immediate fitness clouds. Thankfully, both are on track to play the Saints if they get through training this week. Laitham Vandermeer and Matt Suckling are both recovering from hamstring injuries and are in the mix for selection.
The Saints have already ruled out utility Josh Battle, who is nursing a sore foot, but Zak Jones is a chance to return from a hamstring strain.

FINALS X-FACTOR
For the Bulldogs, Naughton is capable of tearing any game to shreds. He has vice-like hands, loves the big stage and has a six-goal haul to his name already this season. His likely inclusion also means there’s less pressure on Josh Bruce to kick a winning score.
Saints’ small forward Dan Butler has been a revelation in 2020, kicking 27 goals after crossing to Moorabbin from Richmond. He is lightning quick, gets to the right spots and has kicked multiple goals on nine occasions already this year.

WHAT THEY SAID
“This is essentially why you play the game, you want to play in these big games. The ladder position reflects what our season’s been like, so we’ve earned nothing more than just the first week and that’s how we’ll approach it.” – Bulldogs’ defender Alex Keath.

“It’s been a long time for our footy club, a long time for our fans. It’s something you want to be a part of every year. We want to make sure we perform really strongly this week and hopefully have a bit part to say in the next few weeks.” – St Kilda captain Jarryn Geary.

SOMETHING QUIRKY
‘Hub bubs’ have become a thing of late, and the Saints and Dogs have both welcomed new babies into their extended footy families over the last fortnight. St Kilda skipper Jarryn Geary and Dogs spearhead Josh Bruce each have had Queensland-born baby boys, and had to deal with a period of isolation away from their team-mates due to the AFL’s covid-19 protocols.

MATCH DETAILS
St Kilda vs Western Bulldogs
Saturday October 3, 4.40pm AEST
The Gabba
Live on Channel 7 (from 4pm), Fox Footy (from 3.30pm) and AFL Live

Axe Man
02-10-2020, 01:46 PM
Jones (hamstring) will return for Josh Battle (foot) in St Kilda's sole change, while Ratten said Hannebery (hamstring) had benefited greatly from the week off and spent it training harder than most.

Carlisle will play against the Bulldogs, but there is some doubt beyond that – assuming the Saints win – with his partner due to give birth imminently.

Link (https://www.afl.com.au/news/513043/battle-hardened-recruits-key-for-saints-in-long-awaited-final)

Ozza
02-10-2020, 02:26 PM
'09 was a bigger devastation for me than 97 also. 97 I was only 14 and I thought we'd be better the following year - and had come from so far back the year before. Whereas by '09 I really understood how hard it is to get to a Grand Final and we were so close.

We absolutely "owe" the saints one. But I really worry about the match up.

I'm going to predict that we win, because our mids are so much better, but its a leap of faith that Bevo and the coaches will make the adjustments to set up to not let Billings, Lonie and Butler run riot. Seriously, Lonie and Billings have a picnic against us EVERY time.

Pretty crucial week for Timmy to not get completely wiped out in the ruck. He needs to make sure that if he's not getting the taps - that he is making it incredibly hard for Ryder to get effective taps.

comrade
02-10-2020, 02:45 PM
'09 was a bigger devastation for me than 97 also. 97 I was only 14 and I thought we'd be better the following year - and had come from so far back the year before. Whereas by '09 I really understood how hard it is to get to a Grand Final and we were so close.

We absolutely "owe" the saints one. But I really worry about the match up.

I'm going to predict that we win, because our mids are so much better, but its a leap of faith that Bevo and the coaches will make the adjustments to set up to not let Billings, Lonie and Butler run riot. Seriously, Lonie and Billings have a picnic against us EVERY time.

Pretty crucial week for Timmy to not get completely wiped out in the ruck. He needs to make sure that if he's not getting the taps - that he is making it incredibly hard for Ryder to get effective taps.

McLean would have been a great match up for Billings, who as you've suggested saves his absolute best for us. Could be a job for Roarke Smith?

Eastdog
02-10-2020, 03:48 PM
The Bulldog passion! Love the one outside Luna Park!

https://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/video/820541/fans-deliver-their-messages-for-elimination-final?videoId=820541&modal=true&type=video&publishFrom=1601535600001

The Bulldogs Bite
02-10-2020, 04:22 PM
Will teams be announced tonight or tomorrow?

Axe Man
02-10-2020, 04:32 PM
Will teams be announced tonight or tomorrow?

Should be tonight around 6:30pm.

Eastdog
02-10-2020, 08:22 PM
https://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/news/821397/four-things-to-watch-dogs-v-saints

Four things to watch: Dogs v Saints
The hot topics and talking points ahead of the Bulldogs' finals clash against St Kilda.

1. Brucey’s big week

It’s been a big week for Josh Bruce – and he hasn’t even played yet!

The first-year Bulldog and his wife Pip have welcomed son August into the world, a younger brother for daughter Poppy.

It meant he had to train away from the group for a couple of days, but he returned to main training on Wednesday and is raring to go.

For Bruce, it’s a first taste of AFL finals footy. And it’s against his old side.

And they got the chocolates earlier this year.

The stage is set for Bruce and the Bulldogs to turn the tables now, when it matters most.

2. Another tall order for Tim

Tim English has come on in leaps and bounds again this season.

And he’ll be looking to showcase all he has learned, when he comes up against Saints duo Rowan Marshall and Paddy Ryder on Saturday afternoon.

The Saints’ ruck tag-team has been a successful feature of their game all season.

Marshall and Ryder have not only had an impact in the middle of the ground, but also pushing forward.

The Bulldogs will need to support English at times – as Luke Beveridge has acknowledged this week.

But English also brings his own strengths to the contest and could stretch the Saints’ duo with his ability to cover the ground and make an impact close to goal.

3. To tag, or not to tag

Employing a lockdown player, or two, is part of St Kilda’s style.

It has worked to great effect for the Saints this year and had an impact in round two when these sides last met.

Skipper Jarryn Geary is often the man the Saints turn to for a defensive forward role.

Will he go to Jason Johannisen again? Or potentially All Australian defender Caleb Daniel?

In the middle of the ground, will Seb Ross have a tagging role? And could it be Marcus Bontempelli he goes to? Or Jack Macrae? Or even Bailey Smith?

And will the Bulldogs employ a midfield tag of their own – a role that Toby McLean had performed admirably, prior to his season-ending knee injury.

How the sides line-up at the opening bounce will be fascinating.

4. Class of ‘16

There’s no doubt that when push comes to shove, big game experience counts.

The Bulldogs will certainly hope that gives them an advantage – however minimal – in the heat of battle this week.

St Kilda will be hungry for success, having not tasted finals footy since 2011. Geary is the only member of the Saints’ team who played in that game.

The Bulldogs have undergone plenty of change since 2016.

But nine players from that one day in October remain – including premiership skipper Easton Wood and current skipper Marcus Bontempelli – who will know all about delivering when the pressure is at its most intense.

jeemak
02-10-2020, 10:02 PM
We choked in 09. The umpires didn't help but if we kick the goals we missed then we win.

I get the sentiment, but there's been nothing like what we saw against the Saints that night ever. It was a complete disgrace and the only game I'll ever hold onto as majority influence by umpires.

We played extremely well and put everything into it. I get we missed some opportunities but that happens in games. What doesn't usually happen is one team getting it handed so overtly on a silver platter.

comrade
03-10-2020, 07:19 AM
Changes from last year's Elim Final:

OUT: Dale, McLean, Hayes, Lloyd, Schache, Suckling, West, Lewis Young

IN: Keath, Bruce, Gardner, Daniel, Williams, Wallis, Liberatore, R Smith

Significant upgrade on 2019 personnel, IMO.

LostDoggy
03-10-2020, 09:31 AM
Dogs by 29
First Goal: Wallis
BOG: Libba

DOG GOD
03-10-2020, 09:45 AM
Saints by 5 pts

I just feel the impact of Ryder and Marshall will be too difficult for English, and will go a long way to them getting over the line.

1st goal- Wallis
BOG- Libba

Grantysghost
03-10-2020, 11:47 AM
Dogs by 15
First Goal Bruce
BOG Bont

Get the feeling Caleb might get the JJ treatment today.

Jeanette54
03-10-2020, 01:07 PM
As always the margin doesn't matter to me, as long as its a Bulldog win.
First Goal: Bruce
BOG: Libba

Bulldog Joe
03-10-2020, 01:12 PM
Bulldogs by 31

First Goal - Wallis
BOG - Bont.

ratsmac
03-10-2020, 01:32 PM
What are some key match ups we want/need to see today?

I think Crozier/ Butler. We can't allow Butler getting cheapy cheating goals out the back. I don't really want to see Crozier flying for unnecessary pack marks either because you know Butler will all ready be 10 metres clear before Crozier hits the ground.

I'd like to see Libba go to Jack Steele. Steele has been in great touch going from a lock down player to a player who has to be locked down. If he gets too many first look clean ball it will bring their tall leading forwards into the game. Libba is the man to quell his influence imo

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
03-10-2020, 01:41 PM
Dogs by 19 points
BOG: Bontempelli

DOG GOD
03-10-2020, 01:45 PM

I think Crozier/ Butler. We can't allow Butler getting cheapy cheating goals out the back. I don't really want to see Crozier flying for unnecessary pack marks either because you know Butler will all ready be 10 metres clear before Crozier hits the ground.

I'd like to see Libba go to Jack Steele. Steele has been in great touch going from a lock down player to a player who has to be locked down. If he gets too many first look clean ball it will bring their tall leading forwards into the game. Libba is the man to quell his influence imo

I like those matchups. Who do you think will get the job on billing’s? He’s the one I’m most concerned about. His last 3 games against us has killed us.

DOG GOD
03-10-2020, 01:46 PM
Will Geary go to Daniel? Surely the saints have to tag him ?

comrade
03-10-2020, 01:50 PM
Dogs by 19 points

Enjoy the day, how's the weather looking?

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
03-10-2020, 01:51 PM
Enjoy the day, how's the weather looking?

Its a lovely warm day. 29 degrees. Should cool a few degrees by game time.

azabob
03-10-2020, 01:55 PM
Its a lovely warm day. 29 degrees. Should cool a few degrees by game time.

What time are you leaving?
How long is the drive?
Stop off for food - or too hard with the kids so eat at the ground?

TELL ME EVERYTHINGGGGG!!!!!!

Mantis
03-10-2020, 02:15 PM
Back to where we were pretty much 12 months ago, and a chance to atone for what was a piss poor effort against GWS where we were over-awed and made to look timid. However as per the ins/outs to which comrade described we definitely have a harder edge to team this time around.

Like others I’m concerned about how we match up against the Saints, but I think we’re a better team so we just need to find a way to make it work. We really need our bottom 6-8 to contribute in a positive way with no passengers and everyone having more good moments than poor. We simply can’t gift them goals through slopppy turnovers or poor defending/ defensive positioning.

There’s no better time to be a footy fan than when finals come around. It’s a time when the nervous energy goes into hyperdrive and we worry over every little thing. I’m not worried about the fact that we will shit the bed this time around and have confidence that our boys will come to play.

Good luck Doggies fans... cheer hard & often, go the puppies!!

Rocket Science
03-10-2020, 02:16 PM

Given the squad's roughly 50% back flankers I wonder if Bevo elects to get creative with Crozier (and JJ conceivably) because Bevo - while Duryea gets Butler duties, so to speak.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
03-10-2020, 02:18 PM
What time are you leaving?
How long is the drive?
Stop off for food - or too hard with the kids so eat at the ground?

TELL ME EVERYTHINGGGGG!!!!!!

Hahahaha....
We're on our way now.. we know a good place to park for free on Logan rd..but you gotta get there early.
Then we're going to try and get some late lunch with the kids before we head in!

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
03-10-2020, 02:21 PM
Hahahaha....
We're on our way now.. we know a good place to park for free on Logan rd..but you gotta get there early.
Then we're going to try and get some late lunch with the kids before we head in!

There's a USA burger & ribs joint nearby...
We wanted to go there a few weeks ago when we saw us play against the Lions, but COVID restrictions meant there was only limited room...so we missed out and ended up taking out a 2nd mortgage to buy hot dogs, fish and chips at the GABBA.
Hoping to avoid getting stung for crappy GABBA food this time.

Bulldog4life
03-10-2020, 02:26 PM
Dogs by 28 points

GVGjr
03-10-2020, 03:14 PM
Dogs by 11 points, it's going to be a cracking game

Zero nerves at the moment and I really hope those privileged enough to be going have a fantastic evening and realise how lucky they are.
This could be the start of something special

Grantysghost
03-10-2020, 03:20 PM
Dogs by 11 points, it's going to be a cracking game

Zero nerves at the moment and I really hope those privileged enough to be going have a fantastic evening and realise how lucky they are.
This could be the start of something special

I've got a 20 percent butterfly thing happening. I try to pretend i don't care as much as I do...NEVER WORKS !

If they attack my Caleb, it will be confirmed this "club" doesn't like our closer to earth brethren.

bornadog
03-10-2020, 03:28 PM
I've got a 20 percent butterfly thing happening. I try to pretend i don't care as much as I do...NEVER WORKS !

If they attack my Caleb, it will be confirmed this "club" doesn't like our closer to earth brethren.

Last year I ventured to Sydney to watch us play GWS and I had a false hope that we could beat them after the 60 point thrashing we gave them a few weeks before. This time I am 50/50 on this one, as we have both played well at times and not so well other times.

However, the past 6 games we have been pretty good and the Saints have been average. I don't think we could have a better 22 this week with the current list we have, although Vander would have made a big difference.

Come on Dogs, lets get past an elimination final.

MrMahatma
03-10-2020, 03:57 PM
Hahahaha....

We’ll get there just before it starts. Moved a holiday on the GC forward a day and arrived back in Bris this morning. Wife is out getting her hair done but she’ll drop me and 2 of my kids off at the Gabba so I’ll pay her that! We’re only about a 15 min drive from there.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
03-10-2020, 04:05 PM
Sitting down for coffee near the ground... seems to be a lot more Saints fans I'm seeing than Doggies..

bornadog
03-10-2020, 04:06 PM
We’ll get there just before it starts. Moved a holiday on the GC forward a day and arrived back in Bris this morning. Wife is out getting her hair done but she’ll drop me and 2 of my kids off at the Gabba so I’ll pay her that! We’re only about a 15 min drive from there.

Hopefully you enjoy the day.

Grantysghost
03-10-2020, 04:18 PM
Sitting down for coffee near the ground... seems to be a lot more Saints fans I'm seeing than Doggies..

Why would you support them ?

Enjoy the day, remember you have an army of dogs living vicariously through you and the other QLD dogs so no pressure to cheer louder or anything :cool:

BornInDroopSt'54
03-10-2020, 04:34 PM
My radar is a bit blurred about the outcome but I have no alerts about it. Feels comfortable.

Bulldogs by 3x³-4x³ + 2g.
First goal:Astronaught.
BOG: Death by a thousand cuts Macrae.

Jeanette54
03-10-2020, 04:45 PM
Waiting, waiting ......

soupman
03-10-2020, 04:46 PM
No late changes either side

Scorlibo
03-10-2020, 04:47 PM
Those attending the game today - please cheer extra loud for those of us who can't make it!

Dogs by 22 points
First Goal: English
BOG: Dunkley with some grunt

GO DOGS

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
03-10-2020, 04:49 PM
Its starting to cool off nicely now, occasional cool breeze.

Eastdog
03-10-2020, 04:49 PM
Enjoy the day for woofers from QLD who are going to the game today.

Eastdog
03-10-2020, 04:52 PM
My radar is a bit blurred about the outcome but I have no alerts about it. Feels comfortable.

Bulldogs by 3x³-4x³ + 2g.
First goal:Astronaught.
BOG: Death by a thousand cuts Macrae.

That takes me back to high school Maths Methods :D

Hotdog60
03-10-2020, 04:52 PM
I couldn't make it today with one thing or another. But we'll see how the next one goes. :)

ratsmac
03-10-2020, 04:55 PM

She's getting RWB hair dyed, nice!

ratsmac
03-10-2020, 04:58 PM
Dogs by 38- we'll put them away early
First - JUICE!
BOG - Libba - he's built for this shit!

azabob
03-10-2020, 05:13 PM
A lot of talk during the week if the saints will tag Caleb Daniel.

Do we think Bevo will start Daniel back or play him wing / high forward?

Or will Bevo pull another positional surprise?

bornadog
03-10-2020, 05:18 PM
A lot of talk during the week if the saints will tag Caleb Daniel.

Do we think Bevo will start Daniel back or play him wing / high forward?

Or will Bevo pull another positional surprise?

Have you been watching Fox Footy, they discussed this and also asked Bevo.

bornadog
03-10-2020, 05:19 PM
This is what we want Bruce to do.

https://twitter.com/AFL/status/1312264086558633985

Vred
03-10-2020, 05:19 PM
Getting nervous as *!*!*!*!, more so than any other game

bulldogsthru&thru
03-10-2020, 05:23 PM
Sure as hell won’t have a finals type atmosphere. Barely a crowd

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
03-10-2020, 05:26 PM
Definitely 2 to 1 Saints fans to Dogs judging by crowd noise when each team entered the arena just now.
Hope we make them quiet early.

bornadog
03-10-2020, 05:26 PM
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/AdeptWeeHound-small.gif

The Bulldogs Bite
03-10-2020, 05:27 PM
Weird atmosphere judging from my lounge.

Strange watching a dog's v saints final on TV from the Gabba.

azabob
03-10-2020, 05:27 PM
Have you been watching Fox Footy, they discussed this and also asked Bevo.

No I haven't been.

Did he give an answer or a cryptic response?

Grantysghost
03-10-2020, 05:30 PM
I just watched the last qtr of the 09 prelim for motivation.
I'm ready.

Eastdog
03-10-2020, 05:39 PM
Lets go Dogs!

ratsmac
Looks like Naughts is going without the helmet

Dry Rot
Bruce will come good and win the game.

Ratten looks very fat.

ratsmac
03-10-2020, 05:40 PM
Looks like Naughts is going without the helmet

I take that back

Eastdog
03-10-2020, 05:43 PM
What a start! Bruce!!!!

Rocket Science
We like sausage rolls served up nice n JUICY.

The Bulldogs Bite
Brucey!!!!

Eastdog
03-10-2020, 05:44 PM
Libba and Bont excellent in setting that up for Bruce.

Grantysghost
03-10-2020, 05:44 PM
Grabbed the jumper ! Bwuuuuuuuceeeee. Forever a dog now. Bont cruising early.

Eastdog
03-10-2020, 05:46 PM
Great mark Bailey Williams to stop that forward press from the Saints.

BornInDroopSt'54
03-10-2020, 05:46 PM
Hit the posf, always fading towards goal.

Grantysghost
03-10-2020, 05:47 PM
Gee Long you mongrel !

BornInDroopSt'54
03-10-2020, 05:47 PM
Rank kick Roarke.

Eastdog
03-10-2020, 05:48 PM
A bit too easy there Dogs! Got to be better there.

bulldogsthru&thru
03-10-2020, 05:48 PM
Killed out the back yet again against the saints. Need to be switched on.

Grantysghost
03-10-2020, 05:50 PM
This is way too open

The Bulldogs Bite
03-10-2020, 05:50 PM
3 shit errors by Caleb is really poor

bulldogsthru&thru
03-10-2020, 05:51 PM
Well looks like we haven’t learnt a thing since round 2. This could be a long evening.

ratsmac
03-10-2020, 05:51 PM
Their run is a worry atm

Eastdog
03-10-2020, 05:53 PM
We are definitely up for this. Need to tighten up defensively.

Eastdog
03-10-2020, 05:54 PM
Great tackle Caleb. That is better.

Eastdog
03-10-2020, 05:55 PM
Not so good that kick.

BornInDroopSt'54
03-10-2020, 05:56 PM
The sun is shit. I wonder if we practised in this light.

Grantysghost
03-10-2020, 05:56 PM
JJ forward by the looks

Mofra
03-10-2020, 05:58 PM
Important contest by Bruce then

The Bulldogs Bite
03-10-2020, 05:59 PM

He's been really positive so far

Eastdog
Nice finish JJ.

BornInDroopSt'54
Jjjj!

Rocket Science
If we're going to use English as a target it'd be handy if we stopped kicking it over his head.

bulldogsthru&thru
No one to blame but ourselves if we lose this.

Eastdog

He has competed well.

GVGjr
JJ hits the scoreboard again

The Bulldogs Bite
03-10-2020, 06:00 PM
Wow terrible by Wood. Terrible.

bulldogsthru&thru
03-10-2020, 06:00 PM
How do we have none of our 3 talls on their tallest forward?

Mantis
03-10-2020, 06:01 PM
How the *!*!*!*! do we have Wood left on King?

ratsmac
Too easy for King. 3 defenders not one got body on him

Grantysghost
How do we not have a spoiler there ! Crikey.

Eastdog
How do we have none of our 3 talls on their tallest forward?

Yeah it is common sense to have a tall defender on a tall forward. Need to be better at the back.

Grantysghost
03-10-2020, 06:02 PM
Crozier and JJ forward . Wow.

BornInDroopSt'54
03-10-2020, 06:02 PM
Reverse line up.

Eastdog
03-10-2020, 06:03 PM
Great goal Crozier. Goal kicking had been very good this first term.

BornInDroopSt'54
Quosier!

GVGjr
Crozier and JJ forward . Wow.

I picked that a few days back

But it's working

BornInDroopSt'54
03-10-2020, 06:05 PM
Bont's tentacles are good in close.

The Bulldogs Bite
03-10-2020, 06:06 PM
Ffs jj

Rocket Science
Letting them break tackles too often.

BornInDroopSt'54
Chewy on your boot.

comrade
Caleb Daniel getting an absolute bath.

bulldogsthru&thru
Would it kill us to stick a tackle

The Bulldogs Bite
03-10-2020, 06:07 PM
Time to move Daniel up the ground, he's costing us.

Mantis
Caleb Daniel getting an absolute bath.

We can’t allow him to be our deepest defender... it’s just dumb!

bulldogsthru&thru
Bevo getting out coached again by Ratts. Daniel caught one out too often.

BornInDroopSt'54
Thats YHF's pivotal moment right there.

GVGjr
03-10-2020, 06:08 PM
Good quarter, kicking straight and we have some dash.
Bailey Williams has made an impact

Keep the scoreboard ticking over Dogs

bulldogsthru&thru
How we’re in front I’ve no idea. This game is well below the standard and intensity of the two prior finals.

We have been poor physically, poor decision making and poor in defence. Luckily the saints aren’t much chop. We’ll need to steady if we want to win this.

comrade

The marking contests are bad enough but he’s squibbed two kicks already and tapped it straight to the Saints in defence under pressure.

Grantysghost
03-10-2020, 06:09 PM
JJ and Crozier forward Caleb is too easy expose. However we have two goals from our nominal half backs.

ratsmac
That was a good shit quarter. For everything we did well we done something shit

Bullies
JJ critical turnover when we had space

Vred
03-10-2020, 06:10 PM
How we’re in front I’ve no idea. This game is well below the standard and intensity of the two prior finals.

We have been poor physically, poor decision making and poor in defence. Luckily the saints aren’t much chop. We’ll need to steady if we want to win this.

agreed with this, maybe its lack of crowd but this feels like a normal game, not a final.

we’re playing real sloppy, maybe it’s nerves, but it needs to settle before we get run over.

comrade
Can someone clip Ben Long behind the play?

angelopetraglia
They are getting out the back way too easy. Same problem we had round two. Surely we need to adjust and were prepared for how they play.

DOG GOD
Is Cordy, Gardner and Keath out there or is Daniel our FB ????

I’m sick of seeing them break our tackles at will. We desperately need a tackling coach.

2 goals from their goal square and a third that geary should’ve kicked, all from 15 metres. Not hard to see what they are doing.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
We've done well to have a lead, and to take our opportunities, but my sense is that Saints are winning around the ball and able to transition better.
We better make adjustments if we're to not let them score quickly on the counter.

josie
03-10-2020, 06:11 PM
Daniel to move further forward and someone taller in backline. 2 or was it 3 marks against him In their F50. Love him but too exposed. C’mon Bevo - change it up.

bornadog
JJ critical turnover when we had space

Well if you are going to handball or kick it to someone, make sure you hit them on the chest

ratsmac

I was thinking exactly that

ReLoad
Ben long has to get at least a couple of weeks.

westbulldog
03-10-2020, 06:12 PM
How do we not have a spoiler there ! Crikey.

that is true but if Lipinski had laid a tackle in our half it wouldn't have got down there.

bornadog
We've done well to have a lead, and to take our opportunities, but my sense is that Saints are winning around the ball and able to transition better.
We better make adjustments if we're to not let them score quickly on the counter.

Stats are even in stoppages, clearnances

EasternWest

I don't get it. If he gets dragged deep forward just switch off. If that guy drags him deep forward switch off again. Sure it's repetitive and annoying, but it gets him away and further up the ground where his assets can be used.

Eastdog
03-10-2020, 06:13 PM
Our top disposal getting Caleb along with B. Smith 8 possessions each. Caleb disposal efficiency would be a bit down.

bulldogsthru&thru
03-10-2020, 06:15 PM
that is true but if Lipinski had laid a tackle in our half it wouldn't have got down there.

That was pathetic from Pat.

Also saw Sinclair break a Roarke Smith tackle. He’s half his size for christ sake

EasternWest
03-10-2020, 06:15 PM
Ben long has to get at least a couple of weeks.

Yeah he's gone.

Saints looking dangerous when they get to run. Whoda thunk?

This message brought to you from the last 25 years.

BornInDroopSt'54
03-10-2020, 06:17 PM
Macrae had to weigh that kick to favour Bruce not his opponent.

Rocket Science
03-10-2020, 06:18 PM
Jeezus. Had them surrounded and outnumbered in our goal square and we *can't* let them escape that, but did.

Mantis
03-10-2020, 06:20 PM
Timmy is making me drink beer faster than I would like.

The Bulldogs Bite
Our tackling is so poor and English is getting a belting

bulldogsthru&thru
We are getting beaten in the most predictable manner. It’s so frustrating

Rocket Science
03-10-2020, 06:21 PM
Yeah he's gone.

Saints looking dangerous when they get to run. Whoda thunk?

This message brought to you from the last 25 years.

They're also looking dangerous when it's in the air so that augurs well.

westbulldog
Why is Richards flying for a spekky in the goalsquare ?

DOG GOD
We are a mile away from the top 4 teams...wow

BornInDroopSt'54
2nd pivotal miss. They don't want to win.

The Bulldogs Bite
This ruck situation is killing us. We couldn't even figure out who was taking that contest.

DOG GOD
03-10-2020, 06:22 PM
3 goals from the goal square

Mofra
Keath is having a mare

comrade
The ruck is a disaster. Whoda think it?

Topdog
English getting rag dolled.

DOG GOD
I get the feeling saints are about to open this game up.

Topdog
And our tackling is just bloody pathetic.

ratsmac
03-10-2020, 06:23 PM
Disgraceful rule Disgraceful umpiring

BornInDroopSt'54
03-10-2020, 06:23 PM
Quosier!

Grantysghost
03-10-2020, 06:24 PM
FMD work out the ruck. My hairs going grey (er)

Eastdog
03-10-2020, 06:25 PM
Go Wally!

The Bulldogs Bite
03-10-2020, 06:25 PM
Wally needed that he just doesn't look himself at the moment.

angelopetraglia
03-10-2020, 06:26 PM
Wally. Wow.

BornInDroopSt'54
Mr. Mitch pure triumph of the will.

DOG GOD
Worst game I’ve since lipinski play

Grantysghost
Wally. That’s not a free but we will take it. Great goal.

GVGjr
Goal for goal and a good effort by Wally.

Next goal is important

BornInDroopSt'54
03-10-2020, 06:27 PM
Bont's instincts a bit out.

DOG GOD
03-10-2020, 06:28 PM
What is it with our fwd pressure. Not AFL standard.

Eastdog
03-10-2020, 06:29 PM
Funny thing is we are dominating the tackles 23-8. 5-0 tackles in our favour inside fwd 50.

Mantis
03-10-2020, 06:29 PM
Why is Gardner even attempting that kick?

Rocket Science
03-10-2020, 06:30 PM
Go on Bevo, tell us one more time that Gardner's a handy kick.

The Bulldogs Bite
Does ANYONE wanna put body on King? Pathetic

DOG GOD
Make that 4 from the goal square

bulldogsthru&thru
Called that mark to King. We are rubbishly predictable

DOG GOD
Does ANYONE wanna put body on King? Pathetic

Yep. Shocking.

bulldogsthru&thru
Make that 4 from the goal square

It’s a repeat of round 2

ratsmac
03-10-2020, 06:31 PM
Again King ffs. GET BODY ON HIM

comrade
Our defence is putrid in the air. Team is half full of defence and we can’t f*cking defend.

DOG GOD
Put Naughton down back.

EasternWest
I must be watching a different game - things we need to improve on for sure but were right in this.

BornInDroopSt'54
We have not defended the high ball to their goal line well. Multiple players are no good if none defend the height of the ball.

westbulldog
King's 2nd goal down to Gardner, he lacks skill to kick down the corridor = turnover = Geary mark = King goal

bulldogsthru&thru
03-10-2020, 06:32 PM
Put Naughton down back.

He is now

We are in trouble

Grantysghost
03-10-2020, 06:33 PM
Gardner wow, why go down the middle. #loveyouplums

GVGjr
03-10-2020, 06:34 PM
Put Naughton down back.

I think that should be considered

EasternWest
Macrae's flat out refusal to go for goal is infuriating.

Grantysghost
I’m not happy about this game we are just hanging in.

ratsmac
We are a mess atm. Macrae have the *!*!*!*!en shot!!

ReLoad
Uh oh.