PDA

View Full Version : 2021 Western Bulldogs Membership Thread

Eastdog
06-10-2020, 08:41 PM
Will be interesting to see what happens. I plan to renew once again when they update it on my account. Will we be able to attend games - probably a limit on the crowd social distancing etc but still not banking on it. A large portion of the season I reckon still behind close doors but we will be playing at Marvel I’d imagine.

WBFC4FFC
06-10-2020, 10:18 PM
Will be interesting to see what happens. I plan to renew once again when they update it on my account. Will we be able to attend games - probably a limit on the crowd social distancing etc but still not banking on it. A large portion of the season I reckon still behind close doors but we will be playing at Marvel I’d imagine.

Same here.

Also, will there be make-up games at Ballarat, due to the Sponsorship?

Axe Man
07-10-2020, 01:06 PM

Unless we get a third wave that shouldn't be the case. At this stage they are planning on around 30,000 a day at the boxing day test and 50% capacity at the Australian Open. This obviously can change quickly but I will be staying cautiously optimistic.

Eastdog
07-10-2020, 02:02 PM
Unless we get a third wave that shouldn't be the case. At this stage they are planning on around 30,000 a day at the boxing day test and 50% capacity at the Australian Open. This obviously can change quickly but I will be staying cautiously optimistic.

Yes hopefully you are right Axe Man. Will be great when it is safe again to get back to the footy and see everyone around me again from my reserved seat.

Grantysghost
08-10-2020, 12:12 PM
Just got this from the club:

https://assets.engagement.ticketmaster.com/images/properties/4611/images/5f7be3c573092.jpg (https://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/video/823549/from-the-ceo-membership-renewals-and-2021?videoId=823549&modal=true&type=video&publishFrom=1570415968001)

Important information regarding 2021 membership

To our loyal members,

There’s no doubt that 2020 has been a year we will never forget. Our resilience as a Club - like the broader Bulldogs family - has been tested, and your loyalty as a member has held firm.

While hurt and disappointed by the loss to the Saints on Saturday, we’re incredibly proud of our playing group and our entire staff for everything they have achieved throughout the course of the season. With successive finals campaigns we believe we’re building something special at the Club and we should be incredibly excited for what the future holds.

Over the course of the next week, you’ll start to receive further information in relation to your 2021 membership.

Earlier this year we committed to providing all our 2020 access members renewing into next season a free upgrade on their product as a small token of our appreciation of your loyalty. Our members are an absolutely critical part of our Club, and your role in helping overcome the challenges in front of us cannot be overstated. The details of the free upgrade will be included in your 2021 renewal notices.

As we look ahead to next season, our focus is to provide members with the best experience possible, and above all else, a safe way to return to the stands. We also want to ensure you’re getting value from your membership product, and be offering benefits we can be confident we can deliver given the ongoing uncertainty around match attendance, especially in Victoria.

With this in mind, when you receive your 2021 renewal information, you will notice that your membership looks a little different to what you’ve been used to.

For the 2021 season only, all existing reserved seat and general admission membership products will be rolled into a single classification of membership, available in three categories and based on your usual vantage point:

Gold membership – Level 2
Silver membership – Level 1
Bronze membership – Level 3

While our reserved seat members will be able to secure a seat for any game we play at Marvel Stadium, it will likely be a different reserved seat to the one you have previously occupied.

We understand that for many, this represents a significant change. We know just how many of you enjoy watching the games from your usual reserved seat surrounded by familiar faces.

Given the Club has been advised to expect reduced attendance capacity and social distancing at Marvel Stadium in 2021, we’re not confident we can deliver your traditional reserved seat next season.

And while there’s still so much to play out before Round 1 next year, our preference is to deal with this uncertainty now, and give you more confidence that you’ll get what you’ve signed up for, rather than be in a position where we again need to offer refunds or other compensation.

For reserved seat members, this means a significant year-on-year price reduction to your product to reflect the new approach. Importantly, the allocation of reserved seats from 2020 will remain applicable for 2022, so you will not lose your seat and the connection to those you normally sit near will be re-established.

The other main change you will notice is we have reclassified our full-season membership to a 9-game product including all Marvel Stadium home games.

Ballarat access will now be available as an add-on. We love playing in Ballarat and we encourage all of you to purchase this additional two-game option if you intend to support us there.

While there have been temporary adjustments to reserved seat and general admission memberships, for our Coteries, AFLW, Interstate and Sideline members, your products will remain unchanged.

We know that change can sometimes be a difficult thing and our team is absolutely committed to working with you to ensure you continue to get the most out of your experience as a Bulldogs member.

Further information is available on our website, with the changes to be explained in more detail as part of your renewal notice over the next few weeks.

For those of you on a Committed Bulldog payment plan, we have moved your rollover date from later this month to Monday 30 November. Next week you will receive some further information in relation to your rollover and the options available to you.

For those not on a Committed Bulldog plan, your renewal information will be communicated to you in early November.

The most important thing is that we continue to stick together. We can’t wait to welcome you back for the 2021 season, so we can once again hear your voice in the stands.

Ameet Bains

Chief Executive Officer

Western Bulldogs

Eastdog
08-10-2020, 02:14 PM
Yeah fair enough. Probably what I expected.

SonofScray
09-10-2020, 12:37 AM
Good of the Club to get in early and offer some certainty on what we are signing up for as members in 2021. I'd keep my membership regardless, but I'd be lying if I said I'd be comfortable handing over the grand or so I normally do the same as I was prepared to this year. Not in a position to make another donation of that size for no value.

Interesting situation for next year, reading the email was a bit of a reality check. In my head footy next year as a spectator was going to be a return to normal. But it's a long way off isn't it. Both footy, and normal.

bornadog
09-10-2020, 10:20 AM
Interesting situation for next year, reading the email was a bit of a reality check. In my head footy next year as a spectator was going to be a return to normal. But it's a long way off isn't it. Both footy, and normal.

Really unknown at this stage. If a vaccine is found then things can get back to normal, but otherwise we will be spread out around Marvel.

I hope everyone renews their membership as it is going to be tough again for the club.

The club is being run really well and PG mentioned on the Sutton Medal stream we will end up with a small profit for this year. This can be easily eroded if we have members not renewing, however, if people can't afford it, then that is fair enough as there is rent, mortgages, kids to feed as priority.

Scraggers
09-10-2020, 09:24 PM
I get really frustrated with the Bulldogs, particularly with membership. I've been a member since 1997 whilst living in WA. (plus 8 years in the 80s when I was living in Victoria and working). Every time there is a special membership offer or offer for members, it is for Victorian based members. I get that the majority of members are Victoria based, but I"m sick of fighting for interstate members. Like others here, I donated my full membership to the club this year ... as I do every year as I don't get to attend weekly; but the offers mentioned in the email yesterday are all for seat upgrades. I understand there is more information to come out over the fortnight, but there is no mention of interstate members in the email. Do the Bulldogs value their interstate members???

(rant over)

azabob
09-10-2020, 09:28 PM
What type of membership do you have Scraggers?

Scraggers
11-10-2020, 12:45 AM
What type of membership do you have Scraggers?

I’ve got interstate membership with social club for myself and full membership with social for my son.

azabob
11-10-2020, 08:32 AM
I’ve got interstate membership with social club for myself and full membership with social for my son.

It is an interesting point you raise.

By giving seat upgrades is probably the cheapest solution to appease members. But that does not help you or your son and other interstate members.

Having said all that, Gold Seat reserve members I don't think are able to get an upgrade either and it would be the same scenario for coterie members?

I fall into the Gold seat membership and am not too fused.

They should provide a cheap Kayo membership for all members like was indicated earlier this year.

Eastdog
11-10-2020, 08:03 PM
I’m a Victorian based member but like what Scraggers says about looking after our interstate members more. I’m in the silver seat category plus EJ Whitten Social Club.

Eastdog
12-10-2020, 06:51 PM
Got this email from in regards to my silver WB 2021 membership.

Recently you would have received communication regarding adjustments to membership in 2021 to contend with the possibility of COVID-19’s ongoing impact.

Our intention is to provide you with more certainty, value and flexibility to your 2021 membership, at a time when we cannot guarantee the delivery of your usual membership entitlements.

As a Silver member in 2020, we’d like to now provide you with more information about what to expect from your membership experience in 2021.

We appreciate that these adjustments will bring questions, and some apprehension, and we hope to provide you more clarity on how these changes affect you personally. Below we have provided specific details regarding the adjustments to your membership package, its name, price savings, and reserved seating in a COVID-safe environment.

Your 2021 Membership Category: Silver 9

In 2021, the full-season Silver membership will be known as the Silver 9, in reference to the Level 1 seating entitlement, and the nine Marvel Stadium home games it provides access to. All full-season memberships have been re-classified to a nine game product, while Footscray End, Flexi Silver and Boundary Silver memberships have also been rolled into this single classification.

The adjustment to this membership will provide a $140 saving for adults, and $100 for juniors in 2021.

As a renewing member who committed to the Club in 2020, you will also be upgraded to receive a FREE Melbourne away-game add-on for 2021 - an extra $125 in bonus value.

Unlike your 2020 membership, access to the Club’s two home games in Ballarat is not included in the Silver 9 membership, and subsequently there will be no replacement games in 2021. This has contributed to the decrease in the price of this membership option. Access to the Club’s home games in Ballarat can be purchased as an add-on, and will be the best way for members to secure their seat at Mars Stadium next year.

Like the Silver membership in 2020, EJ Whitten Social Club access will be an optional add-on to the Silver 9 membership. EJ Whitten Social Club access provides a guaranteed ticket to the Toyota AFL Grand Final should the Western Bulldogs participate.

The 2021 prices for the Silver 9 membership, including the savings when compared to the corresponding 2020 Silver membership are below. Savings are represented for each product in brackets.
Alternate text

Temporary Adjustments To Reserved Seat Entitlements For 2021

While reserved seat members will be able to secure a seat for any home game at Marvel Stadium in 2021, it will likely be a different reserved seat to the one you have previously occupied.

Due to ongoing impacts of COVID-19, and the likelihood of reduced venue capacities and social distancing at Marvel Stadium in 2021, we cannot guarantee your specific seat for the duration of the season. 

As a Silver 9 member in 2021, you will have access to the same Level 1 seating at Marvel Stadium, with the ability to secure a reserved seat for the games you wish to attend. You will be able to do this by paying a flat fee of $10 ($5 for juniors) as part of a standard ticket booking process. This means that even if members choose to secure seats at all nine home games, adult members will save $50, junior members $55, and family members $150 on the corresponding 2020 Silver membership.

You will also have the ability to book in groups so you can continue to attend and be seated with friends and family, and be able to guarantee a seat a minimum of four weeks out from the selected game. When capacity allows, members will be able to buy guest passes to bring friends to the footy and sit with them in areas allocated to their chosen tier of membership - which we weren’t able to offer in the past

As soon as social distancing and COVID protocols permit, members will have the option to ‘walk-up’ and sit in designated bays (subject to capacity) on Level 1 at Marvel Stadium for home games.

These adjustments to your membership are intended only for the 2021 Toyota AFL Premiership Season based on the current advice we have received and the expected impact of COVID protocols and social distancing.

Reserved seat allocations will remain into 2022 based on the 2020 seat allocations, and when stadium capacity and COVID protocols permit, the Club will make its best endeavour to provide the reserved seat options you experience in 2020 and prior, if that is members’ continued preference.

Changes to Member Choice

A $20 Bulldogs Shop voucher will be provided to all adult members in 2021, in place of the traditional cap, scarf or beanie option.  

Based on feedback from a mid-year member survey, and the Club’s assessment of its operations and cost base, the voucher was found to be the most effective way to continue this benefit for members but also meet the increasing demand for greater flexibility. 

For those  that collect the annual member choice item, a limited number of 2021 member caps and scarves will be available through the Bulldogs Shop that will be redeemable with your voucher. For members looking for an alternate option, you will be able to put the voucher towards the purchase of another item from the wider Bulldogs Shop range. 

Further Information On Temporary Adjustments To Membership

We know that change can sometimes be a difficult thing and our team is absolutely committed to working with you to ensure you continue to get the most out of your experience as a Bulldogs member.

If you have further queries regarding the adjustments to membership in 2021, or the new package options, please visit our Frequently Asked Questions page here, or contact the Membership Services Team on (03) 8899 7414 or membership@westernbulldogs.com.au

Looking ahead, you will receive your e-renewal for your 2021 Membership shortly. Committed Bulldog Payment Plan members will receive their e-renewals in the next seven days, with your rollover date pushed back to 30 November. For those members not on payment plans, your e-renewal information will be communicated to you by the end of November.

Thank you again for your unwavering loyalty in 2020, and we can’t wait to welcome you back as a member for the 2021 season.

Go Dogs!

Membership Services Team

Eastdog
12-10-2020, 06:53 PM
https://i.postimg.cc/SnRwVFMd/DDAB78-CF-EF84-482-B-A4-D8-03615-FA5-D88-E.png (https://postimg.cc/SnRwVFMd)

azabob
12-10-2020, 07:52 PM
$10 handling fee for tickemaster to buy seats. What a crock.

Wonder why they have moved away from the term "Bulldog for Life" to "Committed Bulldog Payment Plan"?

The new phrase sounds so vanilla.

Its like when they moved away from the slogan Be More Bulldog. I loved that as our catch cry.

I would end all my footy related texts, emails whatever with #BeMoreBulldog. My mates still use it to give me crap when we lose.

Heck even Jimmy Bartel still references Be More Bulldog when he talks about our 2016 year.

When need to bring it back!!

G-Mo77
12-10-2020, 10:09 PM
Yeah $10 booking few and 20 bux at the Bulldogs shop instead of dedicated membership gear. *!*!*!*! me dead, way to reward us guys.

The Bulldogs Bite
12-10-2020, 10:34 PM
So if you don't pay the extra for a seat, you can't go even if you're a Gold member on L2?

jazzadogs
12-10-2020, 10:49 PM
It's not a very promising start, but I'm interested to see what other clubs offer. It's also interesting that they have come out with this plan before the season is confirmed (there was a story earlier in the week about a longer season?). Dropping down two games for a $25 discount will rub a lot of people the wrong way, especially if it is not in line with other clubs.

For comparison I have an AFL membership as well, and with that I had a choice at the start of this season - downgrade to an absentee membership (about 1/4 of the cost) and get an extra package (guest passes, or food and drink vouchers, or reserved seats) in 2021, or maintain the full cost in 2020 and then get a 30% discount + extras in 2021.

bornadog
12-10-2020, 11:55 PM
It's not a very promising start, but I'm interested to see what other clubs offer. It's also interesting that they have come out with this plan before the season is confirmed (there was a story earlier in the week about a longer season?). Dropping down two games for a $25 discount will rub a lot of people the wrong way, especially if it is not in line with other clubs.

For comparison I have an AFL membership as well, and with that I had a choice at the start of this season - downgrade to an absentee membership (about 1/4 of the cost) and get an extra package (guest passes, or food and drink vouchers, or reserved seats) in 2021, or maintain the full cost in 2020 and then get a 30% discount + extras in 2021.

The letter does say it is an interim solution and may change depending on the circumstances.

The bulldog tragician
13-10-2020, 10:28 AM
It's all pretty complex. Disappointing that the changes are not set out very clearly. I had to read it several times to understand what was meant.

And please drop the 'membership experience' and 'product' jargon. There is no other 'business' where we'd continue to for out money, in extremely difficult times, for something we didn't get for the past 12 months AND commit to continue to do so into the future, so drop the corporate-speak.

Happy Days
13-10-2020, 10:53 AM
So lemme get this straight. We get a "saving" of $140 but there's a $10 booking fee for all of the 9 home games, meaning the trade off is $50 to have to book a reserved seat every damn week and not get to sit in the same spot, where I have spent years wearing down those around me to my in-game commentary and consider to be a substantial reason I pay for the reserve seat in the first place. And that's assuming there will be seats available each time.

I feel like my need to attend games again is being taken advantage of.

Mofra
13-10-2020, 11:00 AM
This might make things tough for my dad. We normally reserve seats together but arrive separately. He can barely use a mobile phone so jumping online pre-game to coordinate reserved seats will be difficult. He'll probably drop down to GA and just go to a couple of games per year, relying on a Kaypo subscription to watch most games.

Axe Man
13-10-2020, 11:02 AM
Does the "FREE Melbourne away-game add-on" mean that we get access to a reserved seat at Melbourne away games for the $10 booking fee as well? That makes it a bit better value.

I'm happy to wait and see at this stage before I throw the toys out of the cot. There are so many unknowns I am satisfied the club have at least attempted to communicate their plans for next year.

Bulldog4life
13-10-2020, 11:08 AM
$10 handling fee for tickemaster to buy seats. What a crock.

Wonder why they have moved away from the term "Bulldog for Life" to "Committed Bulldog Payment Plan"?

The new phrase sounds so vanilla.

Its like when they moved away from the slogan Be More Bulldog. I loved that as our catch cry.

I would end all my footy related texts, emails whatever with #BeMoreBulldog. My mates still use it to give me crap when we lose.

Heck even Jimmy Bartel still references Be More Bulldog when he talks about our 2016 year.

When need to bring it back!!

I threatened them with legal action.

EasternWest
13-10-2020, 11:37 AM
I threatened them with legal action.

https://i.postimg.cc/bYCgN4GN/unnamed.gif (https://postimages.org/)

CarnTheScray
17-10-2020, 11:22 AM
This might make things tough for my dad. We normally reserve seats together but arrive separately. He can barely use a mobile phone so jumping online pre-game to coordinate reserved seats will be difficult. He'll probably drop down to GA and just go to a couple of games per year, relying on a Kaypo subscription to watch most games.
I have my own situation with my grandfather. Usually we would keep his membership card at our home so when we picked him up in Sunshine to head to Docklands, we had everything and he didn't have to worry about anything. Could just walk in and sit down.

These memberships options, risk of COVID and his crook leg will probably just keep him at home watching it on Kayo.

Eastdog
17-10-2020, 08:21 PM
https://westernbulldogs.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/sections/360009749433-2021-Memberships

Eastdog
20-10-2020, 02:59 PM
Called the club up and they said I’ll be able to retain my silver reserve seat that I had in 2020 and prior for 2022. Just renewed now for 2021 Silver 9 + Social club.

Go Dogs!

Scraggers
17-11-2020, 04:10 AM
So I renewed my membership today and my son's.
When I spoke to the wonderful staff (who must be doing it tough), they were sympathetic to my cause. Having been a member now for 25 consecutive years, they were very happy to throw in a free member's polo as there was no clear benefit for me donating my full membership in 2020.
To tell you the truth, I was just happy that they listened.

Apparently no cap in the membership pack, but we will get a voucher to get a members cap or scarf when we receive our cards. Okay ... but do I have to be in Melbourne to claim it??

jeemak
17-11-2020, 08:20 AM
I think you might know the answer to that Scraggers.

azabob
17-11-2020, 09:11 AM
So I renewed my membership today and my son's.
When I spoke to the wonderful staff (who must be doing it tough), they were sympathetic to my cause. Having been a member now for 25 consecutive years, they were very happy to throw in a free member's polo as there was no clear benefit for me donating my full membership in 2020.
To tell you the truth, I was just happy that they listened.

Apparently no cap in the membership pack, but we will get a voucher to get a members cap or scarf when we receive our cards. Okay ... but do I have to be in Melbourne to claim it??

Everyone donated their membership this year.... Benefit wise I guess you got that intangible fuzzy feeling of donating to a good cause?

On the members cap I reckon you will be up for $10 postage. Like all other members who are unable to get to the Bulldog Shop.

Danny the snakeman
17-11-2020, 08:15 PM
Scragger do we still get entry to interstate game (perth) or have they cut that out this year?

Scraggers
17-11-2020, 11:01 PM
Scragger do we still get entry to interstate game (perth) or have they cut that out this year?

Yes Danny, we still get the one game and priority ticketing to the second (if they play here twice).

Danny the snakeman
18-11-2020, 04:21 AM
cheers

Eastdog
07-12-2020, 06:40 PM
https://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/news/840260/streamlined-membership-options-for-2021-revealed

Streamlined membership options for 2021 revealed
Western Bulldogs have adjusted their membership offering to provide members with more value, more flexibility and more certainty for next season.

2020 has been a year like no other, and as a result the Western Bulldogs have adjusted their membership offering to provide members with more value, more flexibility and more certainty for next season.

With the prospect of reduced venue capacities, membership is the best way to secure a ticket to Western Bulldogs AFL home games at Marvel Stadium next season.

“Attending the football is likely to look a little different next season, so we’ve released a streamlined range of membership options to provide those Made of Red, White and Blue with greater flexibility and savings to safely return to the stands for the 2021 Toyota AFL Premiership Season.”
- Ameet Bains, Western Bulldogs Chief Executive Officer

For 2021, all previous reserved-seat and general admission membership options have been rolled into three tiers based on preferred vantage point at Marvel Stadium and are available as 9-game (full-season), 6-game or 3-game options.

Gold – Level 2
Silver – Level 1
Bronze – Level 3
All fans need to decide is which level they wish to sit on, and how many home games at Marvel Stadium they wish to attend.

Access to the Club’s two home games in Ballarat can be purchased as an add-on and will be the best way to secure seats at Mars Stadium in 2021.

To thank 2020 members that pledged their support to the Club, they are eligible to receive a FREE membership upgrade. More details on this can be found in your membership renewal emails that were sent last month, or by contacting the membership team.

How do Marvel Stadium home memberships work in 2021?

Access to seats in each tier of membership is general admission and subject to capacity. Based on current advice, it is expected that games in 2021 will be fully ticketed with members required to pre-book a seat for each match they wish to attend.

Dependent on your membership tier, a booking fee per seat will be applied. These booking fees were previously included within the cost of memberships. To create greater cost savings to members, they have been removed so that you’ll pay only to reserve your seat for the matches you choose to attend.

For details on booking arrangements for Gold and Silver tier memberships, please click here and for Bronze tier memberships click here.

Members will also have the ability to book in groups so you can continue to attend and be seated with friends and family.

Membership will enable ‘walk-up’ access to seating on your respective level (i.e. no need to pre-book a seat, and no additional charges) will be available only after contract tracing protocols are relaxed. Further details can be found here.

The adjustments made to membership are intended only for the 2021 Toyota AFL Premiership Season based on current advice and the expected impact of COVID-19 protocols and social distancing.

What about other memberships?

Don’t worry - the traditional junior, interstate, country, Ballarat, AFLW and sideline membership options are also on-sale now. Their benefits and respective access entitlements remain largely unchanged from 2020.

Got questions? Our membership team has answers
For more information on Western Bulldogs membership, or to join today, visit membership.westernbulldogs.com.au, email membership@westernbulldogs.com.au or call (03) 8899 7414.

Eastdog
31-12-2020, 08:04 PM
I’m assuming there will be a follow up email in January sometime about our Bulldog 2021 membership package. Certainly understand because of Covid with the postage delays. I have noticed though a few clubs have already got there ones as I have seen 2021 stickers on some cars.

Eastdog
06-01-2021, 10:15 PM
I’m assuming there will be a follow up email in January sometime about our Bulldog 2021 membership package. Certainly understand because of Covid with the postage delays. I have noticed though a few clubs have already got there ones as I have seen 2021 stickers on some cars.

Western Bulldogs administration/membership services will be back on Jan 13 the message said on the phone. 2021 membership packs will be dispatched in January if you have already renewed.

jeemak
07-01-2021, 11:50 PM
Keep that finger on the pulse Eastdog!

bornadog
12-01-2021, 11:22 AM
Currently sitting on 28,000 but a few have dropped off or down graded due to COVID 19. Club was aiming for 48,000, so see how we go.

Last year was around 33k

Eastdog
12-01-2021, 08:05 PM
Currently sitting on 28,000 but a few have dropped off or down graded due to COVID 19. Club was aiming for 48,000, so see how we go.

Last year was around 33k

Was that on the WB website BAD?

bornadog
13-01-2021, 12:05 AM
Was that on the WB website BAD?

No, someone from membership team told me.

jeemak
18-01-2021, 01:25 AM
I went for the home game silver with a few add ons this year and have also purchased my dear old Nanna an absentee membership for her 94th birthday today.

It's funny, my grandfather on my mother's side played for the Dogs and the Blues, but we've traditionally not been a family that has supported via memberships (aside from me) after the old man (obviously from another side of the family, thankfully) stopped paying for our club support AFL packages in about 2001.

azabob
18-01-2021, 08:41 AM
I went for the home game silver with a few add ons this year and have also purchased my dear old Nanna an absentee membership for her 94th birthday today.

It's funny, my grandfather on my mother's side played for the Dogs and the Blues, but we've traditionally not been a family that has supported via memberships (aside from me) after the old man (obviously from another side of the family, thankfully) stopped paying for our club support AFL packages in about 2001.

Love your work Jeemak. I reckon you need to keep your Nan's membership going and when she reaches the 100 mark upgrade her to Gold Membership!!

Eastdog
18-01-2021, 08:47 PM
Good stuff Jeemak.

Now to get it all right on the field in 2021.

Go Dogs!

G-Mo77
21-01-2021, 08:35 PM
So judging by the email I received this morning I'm assuming I've been given $20 to buy a cap and scarf and they won't be sent out? I'm also assuming postage costs will be included in that $20 if that is the case?

I'm Not Bitter Anymore!
21-01-2021, 09:45 PM
I selected click and collect so didn’t get the $2 postage but I may never get the item

craigsahibee
22-01-2021, 03:05 PM
Love your work Jeemak. I reckon you need to keep your Nan's membership going and when she reaches the 100 mark upgrade her to Gold Membership!!

I reckon when Nan hits 100 she should get a letter from Susan Alberti, Our Bulldog Queen.

Eastdog
25-01-2021, 03:16 PM
Got this email from the club last night:

Thank you again for your commitment to the Western Bulldogs as a 2021 member.

As a member you're part of a special breed…Made of Red, White and Blue.

This email is to advise that your membership pack and card are now dispatched and are due to arrive in approximately 4-5 weeks.

We will send you another email with a tracking number once it is on their way to you.

A PDF of your card is attached to this email. If your card does not arrive in time for the next game, please print the PDF and scan at the gate to gain entry.

Please Note: Once your membership card arrives, please destroy this eCard to ensure the barcode on your membership card is active on game day.

If you have any further questions, please contact the membership team via email at membership@westernbulldogs.com.au, or call (03) 8899 7414 on weekdays between 10am and 4pm.

We're proud to have you with us on the journey, and we look forward to once again hearing your voice in the stands.

Kind Regards,

Western Bulldogs Membership

Axe Man
27-01-2021, 03:55 PM
I received the same email. Dispatched but not due to arrive for 4-5 weeks? Have we outsourced our membership fulfilment to an operation out of Pluto?

Eastdog
27-01-2021, 07:03 PM
I received the same email. Dispatched but not due to arrive for 4-5 weeks? Have we outsourced our membership fulfilment to an operation out of Pluto?

Yeah hopefully will be getting the follow up email soon to track our membership packages.

Hotdog60
31-01-2021, 08:47 PM
I got the email too plus I ordered some extra goodies but for the life of me it was that long ago I can't remember what I ordered. :)

I know I could log in and check but hey it's nice to have a surprise.

I only hope I didn't have too many rumbos when I did it because I maybe asking my self why do I what 3 winter beanies and a stadium jacket in QLD.

SonofScray
05-02-2021, 04:02 PM
Had a positive experience with the team today. Great customer service.

Asked about what the COVID driven ticketing would look like for GA members and have to admit, it’s going to be a real pain in the arse for my family and friends. Just the extra effort of collecting barcodes, making multiple transactions to grab a ticket which in any other year you already would have on your lanyard etc.

Understand why it’ll look the way it will, but it’s less convenient than I’d like.

comrade
05-02-2021, 04:05 PM
Had a positive experience with the team today. Great customer service.

Asked about what the COVID driven ticketing would look like for GA members and have to admit, it’s going to be a real pain in the arse for my family and friends. Just the extra effort of collecting barcodes, making multiple transactions to grab a ticket which in any other year you already would have on your lanyard etc.

Understand why it’ll look the way it will, but it’s less convenient than I’d like.

I like the optimism but we'll be lucky if crowds are even allowed in Victoria once winter hits.

Axe Man
05-02-2021, 04:17 PM
I like the optimism but we'll be lucky if crowds are even allowed in Victoria once winter hits.

Why? Undoubtedly our biggest risk comes from hotel quarantine, but within the next couple of months all the workers should be immunized. I realise that doesn't eliminate the risk but it must surely reduce it. Hopefully all the states are continuing to learn from these outbreaks and improve their hotel quarantine practices as well.

I'm not going to put money on it but I think there is cause for some cautious optimism.

AshMac
06-02-2021, 12:11 PM
I’m expecting crowds at 50% this year. Granted winter will bring new challenges but contact tracing and containment are in a different league to last year.

If it is 50% capacity - I’m really hoping it’s split evenly between the two teams. I’d understand if they have a slight edge toward the home team - but any model that favours the bigger clubs because they have more members will be infuriating - even if it is the smartest “business” decision and therefore most likely.

jeemak
08-02-2021, 04:46 AM
The language coming out of the experts internationally surrounding the need to expedite vaccination as soon as possible to limit mutation/ variants is the thing that gives me concern for our winter and thus, crowds that can attend.

Getting the vaccination rollout humming along here is important, but effectiveness will be limited if other countries can't keep up.

bornadog
08-02-2021, 12:23 PM
The language coming out of the experts internationally surrounding the need to expedite vaccination as soon as possible to limit mutation/ variants is the thing that gives me concern for our winter and thus, crowds that can attend.

Getting the vaccination rollout humming along here is important, but effectiveness will be limited if other countries can't keep up.

At the moment, we can't keep up.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EtmCV6OVoAIqNmj?format=png&name=large

Eastdog
08-02-2021, 07:38 PM
Just got this email from the club before about my membership pack:

Your parcel is in-transit to Australia!

Thank you again for your commitment to the Western Bulldogs as a 2021 member.

As a member you're part of a special breed…Made of Red, White and Blue.

This email is to advise that your membership pack and card are in-transit and are due to arrive in approximately 2-3 weeks.

We will send you another email with a tracking number once it is lodged.

If you have any further questions, please contact the membership team via email at membership@westernbulldogs.com.au, or call (03) 8899 7414 on weekdays between 10am and 4pm.

We're proud to have you with us on the journey, and we look forward to once again hearing your voice in the stands.

Kind Regards,

azabob
08-02-2021, 09:19 PM
Eastie my membership pack for the women’s team and the men’s team turned up today.

Eastdog
10-02-2021, 07:56 PM
I wonder how our 2021 membership tally is tracking?

josie
10-02-2021, 09:29 PM
Eastie my membership pack for the women’s team and the men’s team turned up today.

Me too, same day incl Ballarat member small thermos-cute. VFL (or whatever it is this year) always later so still waiting for that.

bornadog
11-02-2021, 12:08 PM
Saints already at 40,000. The bandwagoners are confident and buying memberships

comrade
12-02-2021, 02:40 PM

Getting dicier by the day.

GVGjr
13-02-2021, 09:41 AM
Getting dicier by the day.

Yes, I have some doubts on how many people will get to the footy this year.

It's essentially under control but it's got a long tail and unless the vaccination roll out is quicker than planned it might take the better part of the year to get a better level of control

AshMac
13-02-2021, 10:07 AM
Yes, I have some doubts on how many people will get to the footy this year.

It's essentially under control but it's got a long tail and unless the vaccination roll out is quicker than planned it might take the better part of the year to get a better level of control

Agree. Don’t see the vaccine rolling out before the season starts so very slim chance we reach a decent pop penetration this season.

This lockdown indicative of how cautious they’ll be. I’m not sure I can do another full season of muted cheers and frustration with sleeping children upstairs....

CarnTheScray
14-02-2021, 08:14 PM
We will be mid 30,000s before round 1. A lot of our members are “wait and see”. Beat Collingwood round 1 and that number goes up no doubt.

Eastdog
23-02-2021, 06:03 PM
Called the club today and they told me I’ll be getting my Western Bulldogs membership pack early next week. My birthday is next Thursday.

GVGjr
23-02-2021, 08:00 PM
Called the club today and they told me I’ll be getting my Western Bulldogs membership pack early next week. My birthday is next Thursday.

Hopefully it arrives a few days before that Easty but have a happy birthday next week

Scraggers
23-02-2021, 08:06 PM

I always renew mine in October/early November so it arrives in time for me to give it to my son for Christmas ... mmmm not this year (or last year I should say)

Eastdog
23-02-2021, 08:14 PM
Hopefully it arrives a few days before that Easty but have a happy birthday next week

Cheers GVGjr. I think they said around March 1 so it is a chance before then.

Eastdog
23-02-2021, 08:15 PM
I always renew mine in October/early November so it arrives in time for me to give it to my son for Christmas ... mmmm not this year (or last year I should say)

Yeah I renewed in October 2020. Yeah usually arrives by Christmas if you renew around October but different this time due to COVID-19.

Axe Man
24-02-2021, 09:49 AM

I bet the membership department are glad +30,000 other members didn't call to ask about something they have already clearly communicated about via email.

Axe Man
24-02-2021, 09:53 AM

All ours are auto renew bulldog for life memberships and ours haven't arrived yet either. According to the email they should be here in the next week or so. I am willing to forgive the club this year as there was/is great uncertainty about what they could offer members this year for obvious reasons.

Eastdog
24-02-2021, 09:40 PM
I bet the membership department are glad +30,000 other members didn't call to ask about something they have already clearly communicated about via email.

Yeah was just checking but yes you are right Axe Man things are very different due to COVID and they have emailed us as well and I have a PDF print out of my membership. We at least this year in Victoria will be able to go to the footy.

Grantysghost
25-02-2021, 07:13 AM
All ours are auto renew bulldog for life memberships and ours haven't arrived yet either. According to the email they should be here in the next week or so. I am willing to forgive the club this year as there was/is great uncertainty about what they could offer members this year for obvious reasons.

Whilst i agree for the most part, other club members received their membership packs prior to Christmas. The preferred club of team Dunkley definitely did.

Axe Man
25-02-2021, 01:05 PM
An email from the CEO today puts the current membership figure at "almost 33,000".

Vred
25-02-2021, 01:13 PM
An email from the CEO today puts the current membership figure at "almost 33,000".

Could be worse but *!*!*!*! it could be better...

comrade
25-02-2021, 01:49 PM
Could be worse but *!*!*!*! it could be better...

With our marketing efforts over the pre-season, I'm not surprised we've stagnated.

Grantysghost
25-02-2021, 01:59 PM
Gee that's low. Understandably he's sent an email out to members; pulling that lever to try and get a boost.

comrade
25-02-2021, 03:26 PM
Saints are near 50k already and have just destroyed North in their practice game today. They've built up a ton of hype and their supporters are lapping it up, will end up 60k+ I'd say. Leaving us for dead in membership numbers.

Eastdog
25-02-2021, 05:20 PM
Historically we have had always low membership numbers but nonetheless still a bit disappointing.

CarnTheScray
25-02-2021, 07:26 PM
I don't blame people for not buying a membership. We have shown nothing for 4 years and our membership dept is the worst in Victoria. Historically low supporter base? isn't to blame, look at St Kilda. They're the literal bottom dwellers of the comp with 1 flag and I don't mean that as an insult, that's just what they are in this moment and time. And they're about to shoot past us onfield and off field in a year!

If we show nothing again this year, all the hard work from 2016 was for nothing. Everything achieved then, momentum, garnered support, has halted.

bornadog
25-02-2021, 09:15 PM
Saints are near 50k already and have just destroyed North in their practice game today. They've built up a ton of hype and their supporters are lapping it up, will end up 60k+ I'd say. Leaving us for dead in membership numbers.

I don’t blame people for not buying a membership. We have shown nothing for 4 years and our membership dept is the worst in Victoria. “Historically low supporter base” isn’t to blame, look at St Kilda. They’re the literal bottom dwellers of the comp with 1 flag and I don’t mean that as an insult, that’s just what they are in this moment and time. And they’re about to shoot past us onfield and off field in a year!

If we show nothing again this year, all the hard work from 2016 was for nothing. Everything achieved then, momentum, garnered support, has halted.

Saints actually have a huge supporter base and when they are on a roll, they come from every where.

Unfortunately our supporter base is made up by a lot of people who are affected by socio economic factors, and with the economy in recession, it makes it hard for many to justify a membership.

Eastdog
02-03-2021, 08:14 PM
https://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/news/871267/excusive-member-offer-on-sen-membership-day

Excusive member offer on SEN membership day
One big name guest will be on the airwaves during each of SEN’s programs tomorrow, as well as 3AW’s Sportsday show, as part of the Bulldogs’ now-annual membership day.

Tomorrow will be a Bulldogs listening feast for fans of the red, white and blue, as the Club takes over SEN for the day.

One big name guest will be on the airwaves during each of SEN’s programs tomorrow, as well as 3AW’s Sportsday show, as part of the Bulldogs’ now-annual membership day.

The line-up will kick off with a bang, with coach Luke Beveridge joining Garry Lyon and Tim Watson at 8am.

New Bulldogs President Kylie Watson-Wheeler will be Gerard Whateley’s guest, rising star forward Aaron Naughton will be on Dwayne’s World, gun midfielder Josh Dunkley will join Bob Murphy and Andy Maher in the afternoon, and star AFLW midfielder Ellie Blackburn will be a guest on Time On.

Bulldogs’ skipper Marcus Bontempelli will close out the day with an interview on Sportsday with Sam McClure, Gerard Healy and Matthew Richardson.

Times:

Garry & Tim – Luke Beveridge, 8am AEDT

Whateley – Kylie Watson-Wheeler, 9am AEDT

Dwayne’s World – Aaron Naughton, 2pm AEDT

Bob & Andy – Josh Dunkley, 5.30pm AEDT

Time On – Ellie Blackburn, 6.20pm AEDT

Sportsday (3AW) – Marcus Bontempelli, 6.40pm AEDT

To commemorate the day, the Bulldogs are offering a one-day only exclusive offer for new members, from midnight tonight until 11.59pm tomorrow (Wednesday, March 3).

Bulldogs fans can purchase a six-game bronze membership for the price of three games. That’s access to Level 3 seating at six Marvel Stadium home games for just $95, or $9.50 per month.

Your membership also includes a $20 Bulldogs Shop voucher to use online or in store.

Western Bulldogs members will have first opportunity to access tickets to home games, making membership your ticket to the game and the best chance to return to the stands.

For more details and terms and conditions, visit www.westernbulldogs.com.au/sen

Eastdog
04-03-2021, 12:31 PM
Email from the club last night:

Thank you for your patience while you await the arrival of your 2021 Western Bulldogs Membership Pack.

Along with a consignment of membership packs from several other Victorian clubs, a bulk delivery of Bulldogs member packs were scheduled to land in Melbourne via sea freight last Friday 27 February, however due to a delay on clearance at the port they are now only arriving today (3 March). Subsequently, the lodgement of your pack with Australia Post won’t occur until the end of this week, with packs starting to arrive to members in the middle of next week.

We sincerely apologise for any inconvenience caused, and can appreciate your frustration and eagerness to receive it ahead of the start of the season. The delays and issues experienced have been at the supplier end and are out of the Club's control.

With the digital elements of your membership, you should already have received an email containing your $20 Bulldog Shop voucher code to use, along with recent communication on your membership card barcode which is what you'll require to redeem tickets for the AAMI Community Series and Toyota AFL Premiership Season.

If you have any further enquiries regarding your pack, or 2021 Western Bulldogs membership, please email membership@westernbulldogs.com.au.

Kind Regards,

Scraggers
04-03-2021, 01:18 PM
Email from the club last night:

Thank you for your patience while you await the arrival of your 2021 Western Bulldogs Membership Pack.

Along with a consignment of membership packs from several other Victorian clubs, a bulk delivery of Bulldogs member packs were scheduled to land in Melbourne via sea freight last Friday 27 February, however due to a delay on clearance at the port they are now only arriving today (3 March). Subsequently, the lodgement of your pack with Australia Post won’t occur until the end of this week, with packs starting to arrive to members in the middle of next week.

We sincerely apologise for any inconvenience caused, and can appreciate your frustration and eagerness to receive it ahead of the start of the season. The delays and issues experienced have been at the supplier end and are out of the Club's control.

With the digital elements of your membership, you should already have received an email containing your $20 Bulldog Shop voucher code to use, along with recent communication on your membership card barcode which is what you'll require to redeem tickets for the AAMI Community Series and Toyota AFL Premiership Season.

If you have any further enquiries regarding your pack, or 2021 Western Bulldogs membership, please email membership@westernbulldogs.com.au.

Kind Regards,

This is (insert expletive here) poor ... This shouldn't be allowed to happen. We have enough manufacturers and graphic designers and printers in Australia that can do this job. The fact that we bulk our orders with other Victorian clubs is also crap.

Poor form ... do better for your members.

As a member, I should not be having to explain that Santa didn't forget the Bulldog membership pack and that his elves are still making it (or some other made up story) just so the club can save $8.50 per member by outsourcing the packs overseas.

NOT HAPPY JAN :mad:

Rant over

GVGjr
04-03-2021, 02:50 PM
After asking about where my membership card was earlier in the week, I received the same information.
I fully paid my membership in early/mid November
It won't quite be the same by rocking up to the games with a paper membership card but 'times are a changin' ;)

bornadog
04-03-2021, 03:10 PM
Funny, I got mine a few weeks ago, but my wife's and daughters nowhere to be seen.

Bulldog4life
04-03-2021, 05:09 PM
After asking about where my membership card was earlier in the week, I received the same information.
It won't quite be the same by rocking up to the games with a paper membership card but 'times are a changin' ;)

As long as you get there G that would be the important part for me if I was still in Vic.

Axe Man
04-03-2021, 05:39 PM
Funny, I got mine a few weeks ago, but my wife's and daughters nowhere to be seen.

I hope you find you wives (how many do you have?) and daughters soon BAD.;)

Axe Man
04-03-2021, 05:46 PM

Won't membership cards, be they plastic or paper, be superfluous this year anyway given you have to book a seat every game? All that is required is the barcode which we have been provided.

GVGjr
04-03-2021, 08:19 PM
Won't membership cards, be they plastic or paper, be superfluous this year anyway given you have to book a seat every game? All that is required is the barcode which we have been provided.

For home games I'm in a function room so I wonder if there are any changes to the previous arrangements
I really haven't heard enough yet to know what the requirements are

We will probably find out on Tuesday evening

Eastdog
05-03-2021, 11:40 AM
This is (insert expletive here) poor ... This shouldn't be allowed to happen. We have enough manufacturers and graphic designers and printers in Australia that can do this job. The fact that we bulk our orders with other Victorian clubs is also crap.

As a member, I should not be having to explain that Santa didn't forget the Bulldog membership pack and that his elves are still making it (or some other made up story) just so the club can save $8.50 per member by outsourcing the packs overseas.

Rant over

It is frustrating but at least they have emailed us in regards to what is going on but yes I see your point for sure Scraggers.

GVGjr
05-03-2021, 11:52 AM
An Essendon work colleague has brought in her membership card that she ordered a bit over a month ago

Axe Man
05-03-2021, 12:24 PM
For home games I'm in a function room so I wonder if there are any changes to the previous arrangements
I really haven't heard enough yet to know what the requirements are

We will probably find out on Tuesday evening

True. Same goes for us Social Club members I suppose.

At least the paper membership card will be easy to tear up when we lose. Just print it out again and repeat the next time.

Scraggers
05-03-2021, 01:44 PM
It is frustrating but at least they have emailed us in regards to what is going on but yes I see your point for sure Scraggers.

Its more than frustrating when you are living so far from the team. My son doesn't get to go to the footy like his mates do. He doesn't get to go to footy clinics on the holidays. He can't lean over the fence and get an autograph from his footy hero. The only connection he has with the club is the membership pack and the games on TV. Every game we watch together, he gets all dressed up in his jumper and hat and scarf, sits on the couch with me and screams at the TV. The one item he treasures the most is the membership card on the lanyard. It sits on a hook in his bedroom and only comes out on game day.

The email they sent was the least they could do ... the very least. the club employs communication officers; use them. Communicate with your members, especially the junior members. I could give two hoots about the package, I don't need the stickers or magnetic fixture or even my membership card (25 years this year). But my son lives and breathes that membership pack because that's his ONLY connection with the club.

It's not good enough ... we call ourselves a community club; but if you live more than five kms from the club you don't count??

Rant over (again)

GVGjr
05-03-2021, 03:07 PM
True. Same goes for us Social Club members I suppose.

At least the paper membership card will be easy to tear up when we lose. Just print it out again and repeat the next time.

I wanted to microwave the card though :)

G-Mo77
05-03-2021, 03:51 PM

Rant over

Its more than frustrating when you are living so far from the team. My son doesn't get to go to the footy like his mates do. He doesn't get to go to footy clinics on the holidays. He can't lean over the fence and get an autograph from his footy hero. The only connection he has with the club is the membership pack and the games on TV. Every game we watch together, he gets all dressed up in his jumper and hat and scarf, sits on the couch with me and screams at the TV. The one item he treasures the most is the membership card on the lanyard. It sits on a hook in his bedroom and only comes out on game day.

The email they sent was the least they could do ... the very least. the club employs communication officers; use them. Communicate with your members, especially the junior members. I could give two hoots about the package, I don't need the stickers or magnetic fixture or even my membership card (25 years this year). But my son lives and breathes that membership pack because that's his ONLY connection with the club.

It's not good enough ... we call ourselves a community club; but if you live more than five kms from the club you don't count??

Rant over (again)

These 2 posts sum up my thoughts and how it effects my young boy. He hasn't seen a game in soooo long, because of that alone he's losing interest, that's unavoidable though. What is avoidable is making sure the members are looked after and leeping them involved. A few emails here and there and a free live stream just doesn't cut it! I told my son back in January his pack is on it's way, they sent me an email with the tracking number and now 6 weeks later they're telling me they haven't even got it. Pathetic! Absolutely pathetic!

Don't get me started on making members go to The Bulldogs Shop to pick up their scarf or hat. Great if you live close by but charge the rest of us a postage fee. I' mean I'm close to $3k each year on memberships, last season was a donation and most of this year will as well. Surely they could do better for the loyal people who have stuck through all this?

GVGjr
05-03-2021, 07:41 PM
These 2 posts sum up my thoughts and how it effects my young boy. He hasn't seen a game in soooo long, because of that alone he's losing interest, that's unavoidable though. What is avoidable is making sure the members are looked after and leeping them involved. A few emails here and there and a free live stream just doesn't cut it! I told my son back in January his pack is on it's way, they sent me an email with the tracking number and now 6 weeks later they're telling me they haven't even got it. Pathetic! Absolutely pathetic!

Don't get me started on making members go to The Bulldogs Shop to pick up their scarf or hat. Great if you live close by but charge the rest of us a postage fee. I' mean I'm close to $3k each year on memberships, last season was a donation and most of this year will as well. Surely they could do better for the loyal people who have stuck through all this?

That's a serious commitment and you would hope the club understands why some supporters think we are coming up short in their engagement with our loyal members

Eastdog
05-03-2021, 08:39 PM
I got this email in regards to our AFL ticketing for Round 1 away member access.

It’s two weeks until the Western Bulldogs play Collingwood at the MCG in the opening round of the 2021 Toyota AFL Premiership Season, and we’re pleased to provide members with ticketing details for this match.

You have away match access as a result of purchasing the add-on as a new member in 2021, or as a FREE upgrade as thanks for your loyalty as a 2020 renewing member.

You are therefore eligible to redeem a FREE ticket to the Round 1 match against the Magpies on Friday 19 March, starting at 7:50pm.

To do this you will require your AWAY member barcode. This is different to your membership card barcode.

Away club members will have access to redeem their ticket to the match in a priority window between 10am and 12pm on Wednesday 17 March via Ticketek. After this time, any remaining tickets will be opened to the general public for purchase from 1pm, Wednesday 17 March. Subject to availability, away access members yet to redeem a ticket, will have a secondary opportunity to access tickets at this time too.

Due to Victorian Government COVID-19 restrictions, crowd capacities will be capped at 50 percent for Round 1. Away member access has always been subject to capacity, and is not guaranteed. Away member tickets will be limited, and we strongly recommend members prepare to redeem their ticket within the priority member window to avoid missing out.

Match access information for Round 2 of the AFL Premiership Season, including our scheduled home match against West Coast, is still to be confirmed.

Below is important information to help you prepare for the Rd 1 on-sale.

- Prior to the Away Club Member Ticket on-sale, the Club will email you a direct link to access your ticket. Set a reminder in your calendar so you are ready to redeem your ticket from 10am, Wednesday 17 March.

- Tickets for this away match at the MCG are available via Ticketek. This is a different ticketing agent to Marvel Stadium matches. If you don’t already have a Ticketek account, we recommend you set one up now. If you do have Ticketek account, be sure to login and check that all your details are correct. It’s better to reset your. password now than have trouble logging in on the day.

- If you plan to book tickets for multiple family members in the one transaction, or to secure seats with friends, you will need to submit each individual barcode as part of the booking process. Members can check their individual barcodes via their MyBulldogs account here.

- You will be able to book up to six (6) tickets in one transaction, and tickets will be sold in segments. You will only be able to enter and sit in the segment that corresponds to your ticket. Due to COVID restrictions, you will not be able to move around the stadium. If you plan to attend with a group of friends or family who are going to book their tickets separately, discuss where you’re going to sit now.
View the MCG stadium map, including stadium segments, here.

- Unlike previous seasons, AFL matches in 2021 will be fully ticketed and fully digital. To access the stadium you will need to use the ticket and barcode you receive during the on-sale. Members will not be able to scan-in to games using their membership card due to contact tracing and social distancing restrictions. Ensure you save your tickets on your phone so you’re ready for match day.
If you have any further questions regarding away match access for Round 1, or using your 2021 match, please do not hesitate to contact our Membership Team on membership@westernbulldogs.com.au or (03) 8899 7414 between 10am and 4pm, Monday to Friday.

Go Dogs

Western Bulldogs Membership Team

SonofScray
05-03-2021, 09:02 PM
Yuck.

Grantysghost
09-03-2021, 03:56 PM
My membership pack arrived finally today. I'm a rollover member so they started taking my money in October I think.
Have to say it's underwhelming the quality seems like the cheapest you can get.
Sticker was bent too! (I don't care never use them).

These things represent your brand so hopefully we have some QA component around the fulfilment items.

I'll give the club some feedback so they can at least have the data to make decisions from.

Axe Man
09-03-2021, 04:03 PM
My membership pack arrived finally today. I'm a rollover member so they started taking my money in October I think.

These things represent your brand so hopefully we have some QA component around the fulfilment items.

I'll give the club some feedback so they can at least have the data to make decisions from.

I'm a bulldog for life too and mine and the dogs packs arrived on Saturday. The kids stuff is due to arrive later this week according to an Australia Post email.

Strange that I got 2 membership cards with the social club card separate to the regular card, which has never been the case in the past.

Can't say the quality of the few items seems any different to any other year.

Grantysghost
09-03-2021, 04:26 PM
Can't say the quality of the few items seems any different to any other year.

I'm maybe over picky, and agree it's never been top notch quality.
Maybe the bent sticker for which I care not left me soured.
I do like the idea of a voucher at the store rather than a hat, that's a winner.

I'm just over all the tat that comes like the water bottle I'll donate to someone.

The scarf embossing seems really low grade too?

https://i.postimg.cc/XqHmwMNX/20210309-152628.jpg (https://postimages.org/)

bornadog
09-03-2021, 04:31 PM
I'm maybe over picky, and agree it's never been top notch quality.
Maybe the bent sticker for which I care not left me soured.
I do like the idea of a voucher at the store rather than a hat, that's a winner.

I'm just over all the tat that comes like the water bottle I'll donate to someone.

The scarf embossing seems really low grade too?

https://i.postimg.cc/XqHmwMNX/20210309-152628.jpg (https://postimages.org/)

I opted out on scarves, caps etc.

Grantysghost
09-03-2021, 04:42 PM
I opted out on scarves, caps etc.

Probably a good idea. I don't mind a scarf though.

comrade
09-03-2021, 04:51 PM
I don't mind the thermos that comes with the Ballarat membership. Would have come in handy that day against Port a few years back.

Grantysghost
09-03-2021, 04:53 PM
I don't mind the thermos that comes with the Ballarat membership. Would have come in handy that day against Port a few years back.

Coldest day ever.
I was sat in the same row as Gordo, we exchanged glances through the the slit between our scarf and beanies and it was a shared moment of...
Why.

bornadog
09-03-2021, 05:02 PM
Coldest day ever.
I was sat in the same row as Gordo, we exchanged glances through the the slit between our scarf and beanies and it was a shared moment of...
Why.

The only Ballarat one I missed :)

comrade
09-03-2021, 05:08 PM
Coldest day ever.
Why.

Starting a game at 3pm in the middle of a bitter Ballarat winter's day, not the AFL's finest scheduling moment.

GVGjr
09-03-2021, 06:39 PM

Got mine as well. I'm only interested in the card, the scarf and drink bottle and whatever other goodies I buy etc goes towards blackmailing a friends daughter into keep supporting us :)

Eastdog
09-03-2021, 06:50 PM
Still haven’t got mine yet but did receive some stuff from the East West Bulldogs supporter group for 2021.

I'm Not Bitter Anymore!
11-03-2021, 03:50 PM
Starting a game at 3pm in the middle of a bitter Ballarat winter's day, not the AFL's finest scheduling moment.
Still drying out my clothes

comrade
11-03-2021, 03:55 PM
I'm hearing that members are receiving calls from players, thanking them for their loyalty. I haven't gotten my call yet.

I demand that Will Hayes calls me immediately.

Axe Man
11-03-2021, 04:05 PM
I'm hearing that members are receiving calls from players, thanking them for their loyalty. I haven't gotten my call yet.

I demand that Will Hayes calls me immediately.

Matt Suckling has been trying to phone EW all week but he's refusing to take the call.

comrade
11-03-2021, 04:13 PM
Matt Suckling has been trying to phone EW all week but he's refusing to take the call.

I heard they brought in Nathan Eagleton to make a special call to Mantis.

soupman
11-03-2021, 05:04 PM

That awkward moment when a player you do not rate calls you up.

Just hoping if i am lucky enough to be included I don't get Josh Bruce. At least if I get Josh Dunkley I can ask him about his peanut butter cup recipe.

comrade
11-03-2021, 05:32 PM
That awkward moment when a player you do not rate calls you up.

Just hoping if i am lucky enough to be included I don't get Josh Bruce. At least if I get Josh Dunkley I can ask him about his peanut butter cup recipe.

Added bonus, Dunks will give you his promo code to order the ingredients with.

Bulldog4life
11-03-2021, 06:27 PM
I would like Easton to phone so I can tell him what beautiful hair he has.

EasternWest
11-03-2021, 08:52 PM

I blocked his number years ago. He kept calling me at odd hours, telling me weird things and that he wouldn't take long. It was getting awkward.

Eastdog
12-03-2021, 08:48 PM
No call received and I still haven’t received my membership pack yet but have the information barcodes etc to get the tickets.

Chicago1
17-03-2021, 09:50 PM
Haven't been around here for a while. Still alive but I don't get out much. My illness has progressed somewhat but I'm hanging in there.

Joined for my 44th year and got my members pack last week. All is right with the world. My cat Zsa Zsa joined for her 4th year.

bornadog
17-03-2021, 11:28 PM
Haven't been around here for a while. Still alive but I don't get out much. My illness has progressed somewhat but I'm hanging in there.

Joined for my 44th year and got my members pack last week. All is right with the world. My cat Zsa Zsa joined for her 4th year.

Good to hear from you. Are you able to make it to a match?

Chicago1
17-03-2021, 11:44 PM
Not really. The logistics would be too difficult. I'm not very mobile. Attending a match would be very tiring for me.

bornadog
18-03-2021, 12:09 AM
Not really. The logistics would be too difficult. I'm not very mobile. Attending a match would be very tiring for me.

All the Best Chicago, hopefully a good season will brighten us all up after a horrible 2020

HOSE B ROMERO
18-03-2021, 09:22 PM

keep posting Chicago. Barrack hard from home.

Eastdog
18-03-2021, 09:29 PM
Mentioned it in the woof footy tipping thread great to have you back Chicago1.

josie
18-03-2021, 11:17 PM

Now that’s loyalty. Feel for you Chicago. Hope you can recover enough to make it to the finals should we make the 8. In meantime I’m sure Zsa Zsa is providing loving support. Are you eligible for community assistance? Councils are pretty good nowadays with all kinds of services.

jeemak
18-03-2021, 11:54 PM
Chin up Chicago! Good to see you back!

The Pie Man
19-03-2021, 08:36 AM

How do you feel about Jake back at the Cubs? Pedersen looks a solid recruit as well, who knows this season...

Oh, and I still don’t have my membership stuff. My son got his, the email to advise it’s on its way came after it had already been delivered. Weird

CarnTheScray
23-03-2021, 08:26 PM
Any update on the membership tally?

Cyberdoggie
24-03-2021, 12:50 AM

Not sure but i added another 3 members to tally.

Eastdog
26-03-2021, 01:58 PM
Got my membership pack yesterday and have put my new 2021 Doggies sticker on my car.

Eastdog
26-03-2021, 01:59 PM

Good question. Yeah not sure what that figure is currently. We used to put the tally up on our website.

Scraggers
26-03-2021, 02:19 PM
Gotta say, I'm a little disappointed with my membership pack this year. Not the usual stuff we get, That was okay. More the 25th year of membership paraphernalia. I received a 25years pin and a certificate that was printed on a computer, not even signed by Bevo and Bont ... printed.

Surely we can do better than that for our long-standing members?

Guido
27-03-2021, 02:40 PM
Gotta say, I'm a little disappointed with my membership pack this year. Not the usual stuff we get, That was okay. More the 25th year of membership paraphernalia. I received a 25years pin and a certificate that was printed on a computer, not even signed by Bevo and Bont ... printed.

Got my pin a few years ago, but I don't remember a certificate - so maybe they're improving? :)

I don't know how many new people qualify into the 25 year club every year, but given in 1996 we had about 10,000 members, and assuming natural attrition/turnover would see the majority not have remained members for 25 consecutive years, with many others having already qualified across the last decade, I'd assume it wouldn't be that many that get to that mark every season.

To improve the 25yr thank you memento to a unique $10-$15 item shouldn't be a significant overall cost to the club, yet would be a valued keepsake to those who've received it - it's really not the price, it's just the thought that the club values those who've stood with them for a fair chunk of their lives. These are people who've contributed thousands of dollars and will give continue to contribute thousands of dollars more.

I mean, as an example - i'll add a NOT SAFE FOR WORK warning for the image below, please don't scroll down if you've just eaten - but how much would it be improve the 25yr pin we currently get to a personally inscribed one that looks more like a medal of honour?

azabob
27-03-2021, 08:29 PM

Do you provide feedback to the club on your membership gripes or just vent here?

Eastdog
27-03-2021, 08:38 PM
https://i.postimg.cc/xctDk4nz/205496-A6-AFFD-4-E2-C-865-F-B7861-D69850-E.jpg (https://postimg.cc/xctDk4nz)

Go Dogs!

Scraggers
28-03-2021, 05:16 AM
Do you provide feedback to the club on your membership gripes or just vent here?

A little from column A and a little from column B

I constantly tell the Membership Department that the club is not doing enough for interstate members, 99% of the time it falls on deaf ears. I will be formal in my feedback for the 25th year gripe.

bornadog
28-03-2021, 12:22 PM
Got my pin a few years ago, but I don't remember a certificate - so maybe they're improving? :)

I don't know how many new people qualify into the 25 year club every year, but given in 1996 we had about 10,000 members, and assuming natural attrition/turnover would see the majority not have remained members for 25 consecutive years, with many others having already qualified across the last decade, I'd assume it wouldn't be that many that get to that mark every season.

To improve the 25yr thank you memento to a unique $10-$15 item shouldn't be a significant overall cost to the club, yet would be a valued keepsake to those who've received it - it's really not the price, it's just the thought that the club values those who've stood with them for a fair chunk of their lives. These are people who've contributed thousands of dollars and will give continue to contribute thousands of dollars more.

I mean, as an example - i'll add a NOT SAFE FOR WORK warning for the image below, please don't scroll down if you've just eaten - but how much would it be improve the 25yr pin we currently get to a personally inscribed one that looks more like a medal of honour?

Great idea Guido. Also good to hear from you.

bornadog
07-04-2021, 02:50 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EyV0i6_VEAUuYVd?format=jpg&name=medium

hujsh
07-04-2021, 04:15 PM
Hopefully we break a few records this year with us starting the best we've started since 2016

jeemak
07-04-2021, 04:37 PM
Hopefully I receive my membership pack at some stage so I can also vent about its apparent lack of quality.

GVGjr
07-04-2021, 07:40 PM
A terrific response from our members. We are a resilient bunch.

The fast start, Treloar, keeping Dunkley and Bont, Smith and Bruce all in good form will have played their part in the impressive numbers. Imagine how much it could improve by if were were to win the next 2 games?

comrade
07-04-2021, 08:01 PM
A terrific response from our members. We are a resilient bunch.

The fast start, Treloar, keeping Dunkley and Bont, Smith and Bruce all in good form will have played their part in the impressive numbers. Imagine how much it could improve by if were were to win the next 2 games?

If we win this week, I think a lot of fence sitters will start believing.

Eastdog
07-04-2021, 08:18 PM
Great effort! Proud to be part of that 40,000. The big challenge will be getting 50,000.

1eyedog
07-04-2021, 09:18 PM
Social Club exhausted so if we make the Granny they'll have to cough up big bickies.

Vred
07-04-2021, 11:08 PM
Upgraded my membership today, had a bit of a chat to the lad on the phone after a half hour wait in queue to get through, reckons they’ve been swamped since the weekends win with tons of new members.

Axe Man
08-04-2021, 10:42 AM
Social Club exhausted so if we make the Granny they'll have to cough up big bickies.

That's impressive given we haven't been allowed to actually enter the social club thus far.

Axe Man
08-04-2021, 10:44 AM
Upgraded my membership today, had a bit of a chat to the lad on the phone after a half hour wait in queue to get through, reckons they’ve been swamped since the weekends win with tons of new members.

People are weird - that's a strange game to convince someone we are the real deal. I would suggest the previous 2 weeks against decent teams was a better indicator than beating up on that rabble, as impressive as we were.

bulldogsthru&thru
08-04-2021, 10:49 AM
Ah the era of social media. People are much more fickle than ever and only want to jump on a good thing. Just goes to show that having a good start to the season is more important than ever.

The Adelaide Connection
13-04-2021, 05:34 PM
Hi all,

I received my membership pack- don't panic I am not going for the standard complaints package- I just have a message about Social club.

For fellow Social clubbers, did you receive anything separate to your standard membership pack? I wouldn't be alarmed if the scarf and badge aren't coming this year, but I'd like to know either way so I can order one via the bulldogs shop if need be.

There were also no guest passes (which would be a pretty easy thing to throw in) so I am suspecting there may be a second package?

bornadog
13-04-2021, 06:04 PM
Hi all,

I received my membership pack- don't panic I am not going for the standard complaints package- I just have a message about Social club.

For fellow Social clubbers, did you receive anything separate to your standard membership pack? I wouldn't be alarmed if the scarf and badge aren't coming this year, but I'd like to know either way so I can order one via the bulldogs shop if need be.

There were also no guest passes (which would be a pretty easy thing to throw in) so I am suspecting there may be a second package?

The only thing I got for the social club was a seperate card stating social club membership. Previously it was included with my Gold membership card, but they have now split it. No guest passes this year.

Axe Man
14-04-2021, 10:11 AM
The only thing I got for the social club was a seperate card stating social club membership. Previously it was included with my Gold membership card, but they have now split it. No guest passes this year.

I also got a social club pin (well 2, but I think that was a mistake), but no scarf or guest passes as you say.

Hopefully the social club will be allowed to open at some stage this year, not sure how it is any different to going to the pub?

bornadog
14-04-2021, 10:28 AM
I also got a social club pin (well 2, but I think that was a mistake), but no scarf or guest passes as you say.

Hopefully the social club will be allowed to open at some stage this year, not sure how it is any different to going to the pub?

My normal seats are on level two wing (opposite Medallion Club wing) and up until 2019, we could go to the bar on level two as part of the social club. For the West Coast game, the bar staff said they no longer allow Social Club members and we would have to buy an upgrade. The bar was almost empty with one or two people. Yet for the North game, I used my AFL membership to go to the members bar on level 1.

The Social club on level 1 apparently is still not open, so lots of double standards at Marvel.

PS: I think I got a pin as well.

The Adelaide Connection
14-04-2021, 01:27 PM

Sounds like I just missed out on the pin, which I am not going to lose sleep over. In a quirk of the draw I received my 15 year certificate and pin one year early. :confused:

bornadog
18-05-2021, 03:56 PM
From the Club:

PSA: EJ Whitten Social Club is about to reach capacity for the 2021 season.

Telephone receiver Members wanting to add this to their membership should contact our friendly team on 1300 46 36 47 by COB today.

Axe Man
18-05-2021, 03:58 PM
From the Club:

PSA: EJ Whitten Social Club is about to reach capacity for the 2021 season.

Telephone receiver Members wanting to add this to their membership should contact our friendly team on 1300 46 36 47 by COB today.

I'm surprised it isn't already full after our start to the season. Cheapest way to guarantee a grand final ticket, get on board if you aren't already.

What is a telephone receiver member?

bornadog
18-05-2021, 04:11 PM
What is a telephone receiver member?

Very strange terminology

1eyedog
20-05-2021, 01:18 PM
45k Members

https://i.ibb.co/BsNrMF4/186022734-10159115516572487-5499453762093556831-n.jpg (https://ibb.co/vzYQnRs)

bornadog
20-05-2021, 03:09 PM
This is how Essendon inflate their numbers:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E1zPLIHVIAMSXgj?format=jpg&name=medium

bulldogsthru&thru
20-05-2021, 03:13 PM
Honestly memberships numbers are just the latest marketing scam from footy clubs. They know high numbers builds hype for more to get on board so they just dish out empty memberships. I'd like to see a breakdown on the type of membership at each club. There would be so many trash memberships going around. Clubs know their finances but for transparency I think some control needs to come in when releasing these figures.

comrade
20-05-2021, 03:56 PM

Yep, looks legit. I typed the link and there is a form to fill out - here's the T&Cs:

https://am.ticketmaster.com/essendon/stafftcs#/

CarnTheScray
20-05-2021, 04:21 PM
Great effort by the club. Could see us possibly hitting 50K before the memberships cut off. If not we will hit it next season. If COVID wasn't a thing I have no doubt we would have gone past 50,000 already.

Those are all paying members too. Other clubs like Essendon, Carlton and even St Kilda now have been giving out free memberships to existing members as a marketing ploy.

GVGjr
20-05-2021, 05:08 PM
Great effort by the club. Could see us possibly hitting 50K before the memberships cut off. If not we will hit it next season. If COVID wasn't a thing I have no doubt we would have gone past 50,000 already.

Those are all paying members too. Other clubs like Essendon, Carlton and even St Kilda now have been giving out free memberships to existing members as a marketing ploy.

I agree it's a great effort by the club no doubt but even more so its a magnificent effort and resilience by our supporters right across the country for signing up during what would be challenging times for so many.

Of course given our fast start to the season there is obviously a few jumping on to ensure finals tickets can be had.

Gordo and the team really set us up to be a force in this competition and we should all be proud Bulldogs supporters.

Grantysghost
20-05-2021, 05:31 PM
I agree it's a great effort by the club no doubt but even more so its a magnificent effort and resilience by our supporters right across the country for signing up during what would be challenging times for so many.

Of course given our fast start to the season there is obviously a few jumping on to ensure finals tickets can be had.

Gordo and the team really set us up to be a force in this competition and we should all be proud Bulldogs supporters.

Agree, growing up it was something almost to be embarrassed about being a Dogs fan.

I'd never proudly wear my Dogs gear as a kid to school lest I be mocked by the hoards of Dons, Tigers, Pies kids who'd take some obscene pleasure from our lack of success.

What we've achieved since probably 97 has completely turned that around and when I talk to kids now there's nothing but respect for the club as a recent premier and a team you don't look forward to playing.

Smorgan, Gordon and all involved with their time in charge deserve massive praise as do the loyal supporters of course.

Hopefully our new El Presidente can keep the momentum going for a long while yet.

bulldogsthru&thru
23-05-2021, 12:07 AM

So Essendon have been advertising $1 memberships.

bulldogtragic
23-05-2021, 12:10 AM
So Essendon have been advertising $1 memberships.

They’ve been giving them away since the jab-jab saga to pretend they’re still a big club. At least they’re now getting $1.

$1 is way over priced if you ask me.

Eastdog
12-06-2021, 09:34 PM
Went past the Whitten Oval today and snapped this photo. Looks like we currently have 45,447 members.

https://i.postimg.cc/WtbWjc5H/897-ADA18-D2-A8-47-DE-AE36-B8-A3-DC618-AA9.jpg (https://postimg.cc/WtbWjc5H)

Eastdog
19-06-2021, 07:24 PM
45,759 2021 WB members.

https://i.postimg.cc/75rZ6rZp/9-A346690-9-C87-4-C25-A3-EC-698-B01-A91-EC7.jpg (https://postimg.cc/75rZ6rZp)

bornadog
19-06-2021, 07:26 PM
45,759 2021 WB members.

https://i.postimg.cc/75rZ6rZp/9-A346690-9-C87-4-C25-A3-EC-698-B01-A91-EC7.jpg (https://postimg.cc/75rZ6rZp)

Do you spend your weekend driving past the ground?:D

Eastdog
19-06-2021, 07:27 PM
Do you spend your weekend driving past the ground?:D

Yeah lately I have been going there BAD :D Only driving around at the moment in the car. Will hit the pubs again soon.

The Adelaide Connection
20-06-2021, 12:57 AM
45,759 2021 WB members.

I think it's time to upgrade the membership tracker board. This one feels pretty Div 5 Amateurs.

Eastdog
20-06-2021, 01:15 AM
I think it's time to upgrade the membership tracker board. This one feels pretty Div 5 Amateurs.

They used to have the membership tally on the Doggies website. If you call the membership department I think they can also give you the figure.

I'm Not Bitter Anymore!
20-06-2021, 10:03 AM
I prefer a drive by photo

The Adelaide Connection
20-06-2021, 05:45 PM
They used to have the membership tally on the Doggies website. If you call the membership department I think they can also give you the figure.

I just think the board could be a little more impressive than A3 poster in the bedroom window. Maybe attached to the side of the building? Maybe a sign with a digital display that can be updated easily?

Things like this have a weird marketing pull- reminds/guilts people to sign/uprenew, reminds people to hassle people to sign up/renew, etc etc etc.

jeemak
20-06-2021, 06:47 PM
Anyone else still awaiting their membership pack?

azabob
20-06-2021, 07:07 PM

Maybe it’s time to accept you are not a member?

Get Eastie to ring up for you?

jeemak
20-06-2021, 07:10 PM
Maybe it’s time to accept you are not a member?

Get Eastie to ring up for you?

I get the membership emails, and calls to buy raffle tickets. In fact the poor lady who called me asking to buy raffle tickets last week didn't know what to say when I asked that if we could discuss the lack of membership pack before we got onto the topic of raffle tickets.....

KT31
21-06-2021, 08:57 PM

One of my Pups, finally received his today.

Eastdog
27-07-2021, 03:40 PM
Just called the membership department now and they told me we have 46,464 members as of this morning.

I'm Not Bitter Anymore!
27-07-2021, 10:20 PM
No one driving past the ground?

Eastdog
27-07-2021, 10:22 PM

May drive past again on the weekend but not recently as we have been in lockdown.

bornadog
27-07-2021, 11:41 PM

5k rule ;)

bornadog
04-08-2021, 05:55 PM
Bulldogs post second highest membership tally (https://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/news/993910/bulldogs-post-second-highest-membership-tally)

The Western Bulldogs have recorded their second highest membership tally in Club history, after the official AFL cutoff was passed on July 31.

The Bulldogs amassed 46,541 red, white and blue members in 2021, which was second only to the tally achieved in 2017, the year after the Club’s fairytale premiership.

This year’s final figure is 19 percent higher than the 2020 number and four percent higher than in 2019. It includes club record amounts in Ballarat and AFLW categories.

The Bulldogs also achieved a 90 percent renewal rate in 2021 (the highest in the Club’s history) and had an impressive boost in new and returning members.

In a video message to Bulldogs members, CEO Ameet Bains said the Club will continue to be ambitious as it chases further growth in years to come, despite the ongoing impact of the coronavirus pandemic.

“We remain strongly focussed on building our membership base into the future,” he said.

“Membership is a crucial aspect of our future viability, and our sights are set on crashing through 50,000 members in 2022.

“Our members have been unbelievable in their loyalty. It’s been disappointing and frustrating at different times this year to not have you in the stands to watch us live in Melbourne or Ballarat, or to have you at training, here at VU Whitten Oval during the week.

“Even in the face of all this uncertainty and difficulty, we feel your strength from afar. Your messages of care and support to our players and Club has been wonderful and given us all an emotional boost across the year, particularly for our players and staff during the harder periods of quarantine on the road for our interstate games.”

The Bulldogs are acknowledging their membership base in the lead-up to Sunday’s clash with Essendon at Marvel Stadium with a member recognition round, including giveaways and exclusive digital experiences.

bornadog
05-08-2021, 11:49 AM
2021 CLUB MEMBERSHIP LADDER

1. West Coast Eagles – 106,422 (2020 tally: 100,776)

2. Richmond – 105,084 (2020 tally: 100,420)

3. Collingwood – 82,527 (2020 tally: 76,862)

4. Essendon – 81,662 (2020 tally: 66,686)

5. Carlton – 81,302 (2020 tally: 67,035)

6. Hawthorn – 77,079 (2020 tally: 76,343)

7. Geelong Cats – 70,293 (2020 tally: 60,066)

8. Adelaide Crows – 60,232 (2020 tally: 54,891)

9. Port Adelaide – 56,532 (2020 tally: 46,820)

10. St Kilda – 55,802 (2020 tally: 48,588)

11. Melbourne – 53,188 (2020 tally: 40,571)

12. Fremantle – 50,342 (2020 tally: 51,577)

13. Sydney Swans – 50,144 (2020 tally: 48,322)

14. Western Bulldogs – 46,541 (2020 tally: 38,876)

15. North Melbourne – 46,357 (2020 tally: 38,667)

16. Brisbane Lions – 40,289 (2020 tally: 29,277)

17. GWS Giants – 30,185 (2020 tally: 30,841)

18. Gold Coast Suns – 19,460 (2020 tally: 16,236)

We just can't lift our membership above the 50k and are second bottom of the Melbourne based clubs, just above North.

I don't know what else this club can do to entice more people to join the club.

Grantysghost
05-08-2021, 12:04 PM
Wow Saints have 10k more.

Memberships need to stop being a measure of a club .

Axe Man
05-08-2021, 12:04 PM
Raw membership numbers aren't the most important thing - the money made from memberships is - but it is still disappointing.

Yes Covid has screwed things up but it is the same for all Melbourne clubs. To be pretty much level with North, a team with a similar small supporter base when they are last and we are first is embarrassing. The gap that St Kilda and Melbourne have put on us is also worrying.

Grantysghost
05-08-2021, 12:07 PM
Raw membership numbers aren't the most important thing - the money made from memberships is - but it is still disappointing.

Yes Covid has screwed things up but it is the same for all Melbourne clubs. To be pretty much level with North, a team with a similar small supporter base when they are last and we are first is embarrassing. The gap that St Kilda and Melbourne have put on us is also worrying.

Have to be honest, we don’t treat our members that well. I’m not sure what other clubs do to be fair, but I’ve given 8 grand over the last two seasons whilst the club makes a profit and have had 0 recognition. Nada.

Not sure what I expect , I’m not really the type who wants much , but some recognition to members whatever their contribution (10 bucks is the world for some) would be nice.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
05-08-2021, 12:10 PM
We've just got to keep on being successful onfield. The wheel will turn.
Even up here in Qld, I'm noticing our support increase amongst youngsters. We've never had more headline players like Naughton, Bont, Bailey Smith, Jamarra who resonate with kids.

We have to capitalise on this through long term onfield success.
I would also like to get access to the breakdown of membership figures. Are all clubs reporting genuine memberships?

1eyedog
05-08-2021, 12:13 PM
GWS will get us in 3 years.

comrade
05-08-2021, 12:14 PM
Have to be honest, we don’t treat our members that well. I’m not sure what other clubs do to be fair, but I’ve given 8 grand over the last two seasons whilst the club makes a profit and have had 0 recognition. Nada.

Not sure what I expect , I’m not really the type who wants much , but some recognition to members whatever their contribution (10 bucks is the world for some) would be nice.

That definitely deserves some recognition from the club. Obviously it's a contribution to the overall success of the club and you (and all members) do it out of love but that sort of outlay needs to get a return.

I also think a lot of the club membership numbers are bunk. No way Essendon has that many paid up members, and I'd question GWS, GC, Saints and Melbourne's numbers too.

bulldogsthru&thru
05-08-2021, 12:54 PM
Yeah I’d love to see a breakdown in membership types and the actual money received. I’ve seen clubs like the bombers advertising $1 memberships. I’ve also seen something similar to a buy 1 get 1 free. Then there are pet memberships etc. These figures are a bit meaningless without further insight. I know crowd numbers are a bit hard to read right now but we’ve had numbers similar to the saints and dees yet their membership numbers are well beyond ours. It doesn’t add up.

Agree though that we should be growing at a fairly high clip. Perhaps after our first genuine good season since the flag we’ll see a large jump next year.

bornadog
05-08-2021, 12:59 PM
I think our issue is the affordability. Many of our members being working class, just can't afford to give up dollars for membership when they live from week to week. No doubt there are many people out there who follow the club. We saw that in 2016 when the biggest GF parade in Melbourne turned out.

Hopefully the kids keep following the club and go on and take out a membership as they grow older and start earning an income.

Grantysghost
05-08-2021, 01:00 PM
Yeah I’d love to see a breakdown in membership types and the actual money received. I’ve seen clubs like the bombers advertising $1 memberships. I’ve also seen something similar to a buy 1 get 1 free. Then there are pet memberships etc. These figures are a bit meaningless without further insight. I know crowd numbers are a bit hard to read right now but we’ve had numbers similar to the saints and dees yet their membership numbers are well beyond ours. It doesn’t add up.

Agree though that we should be growing at a fairly high clip. Perhaps after our first genuine good season since the flag we’ll see a large jump next year.

Agree but these same mechanisms are available to us right? So are our numbers inflated and the situation is worse?

bornadog
05-08-2021, 01:02 PM
Agree but these same mechanisms are available to us right? So are our numbers inflated and the situation is worse?

Membership should only include a full home membership and none of this pet membership, or three game membership etc.

Grantysghost
05-08-2021, 01:02 PM
I think our issue is the affordability. Many of our members being working class, just can't afford to give up dollars for membership when they live from week to week. No doubt there are many people out there who follow the club. We saw that in 2016 when the biggest GF parade in Melbourne turned out.

Hopefully the kids keep following the club and go on and take out a membership as they grow older and start earning an income.

All of my nieces and nephews love the Bulldogs. However their dad is bombers, so so are they. They enjoy telling me how many flags they’ve won compared to the dogs despite the fact none of them have ever seen a finals win (parents brainwashing !).

It’s like a virus !

Grantysghost
05-08-2021, 01:06 PM
That definitely deserves some recognition from the club. Obviously it's a contribution to the overall success of the club and you (and all members) do it out of love but that sort of outlay needs to get a return.

I also think a lot of the club membership numbers are bunk. No way Essendon has that many paid up members, and I'd question GWS, GC, Saints and Melbourne's numbers too.

I seriously don’t want anything I’m surprised by myself that I posted that tbh. I do it because I like the player sponsors package and I’m lucky enough to be able to finance it (just). But the last two years have pretty much been a donation and apart from now being besties with Dale Morris (dm me for his number ...! I joke I joke ) it’s been pretty lax....so I figured even a framed certificate saying you stuck with us or a limited edition shirt or something I don’t know anything... would have been nice.

comrade
05-08-2021, 01:23 PM
All of my nieces and nephews love the Bulldogs. However their dad is bombers, so so are they. They enjoy telling me how many flags they’ve won compared to the dogs despite the fact none of them have ever seen a finals win (parents brainwashing !).

It’s like a virus !

That is hilarious.

bulldogsthru&thru
05-08-2021, 01:51 PM

I haven’t seen many offers like this from us but of course that doesn’t mean they don’t exist :)

Prince Imperial
05-08-2021, 01:55 PM
It used to be that memberships that involved a minimum spend of $50 were only counted by the AFL in its audit; however now there is no minimum spend as reported by the Advertiser:

https://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl/teams/port-adelaide/fan-power-port-adelaide-sets-a-new-membership-record-but-will-they-overtake-the-crows-as-the-biggest-team-in-town/news-story/d6064f2442dd00fab36db3447610f34e

AFL audited member criteria

* Member can be either non-game access or game access

* Must be fulfilled with a membership pack and member benefits

* The member must provide contact data

* No minimum spend

Given Covid and their on-field performances, other clubs (e.g. North, GWS, GC, Carlton, Essendon etc) are obviously giving away heaps of free memberships to bolster their totals.

It's frustrating because this makes them more relatively attractive to sponsors than us but in doing so they are incurring increased costs related to membership packs.

It's a dilemma for the club but I reckon net revenue from memberships and overall profitability are the most important things for the club to focus on.

Happy Days
05-08-2021, 01:58 PM
So we simply say we have 107k members and send out 60,000 empty envelopes like Richmond do probably.

bulldogsthru&thru
05-08-2021, 02:15 PM
So we simply say we have 107k members and send out 60,000 empty envelopes like Richmond do probably.

This is pretty much what I suspect is going on. It builds the hype train too. People see the big figure and want to jump on board. This is the side of things we might be missing out on by doing the sensible thing and focusing on actual cash flow. The saints for example are not doing very well in this department which you’d find strange given their bumper membership numbers.

Scraggers
05-08-2021, 04:22 PM
Looking at the West Australian memberships ... Fremantle Dockers have 50,342 members and West Coast Eagles have 106,422. Breaking this down, Perth stadium has a capacity of 60,150 for an AFL match and 4,500 of these are corporate/sponsor memberships. There are also stadium members and Bankwest members (much more expensive experience), plus there has to be certain allocation for away members and general public seating. This means that the average Joe member is capped at 49,000. (ish)

Some of the dockers 50k members hold Bankwest membership ... big bucks for the West Australian Football Commission (who own both the Eagles' and the Dockers' licenses). This also means that the Dockers are not at stadium capacity for 'Joe' seats. My wife and my daughter (13yo) are both Docker members. This memberships costs us $790 for both for 11 home games seats. This is the lowest membership for seated members. They can go up above $900 each for an adult ... depends where you want to sit.

The Eagles on the other hand have 106K members. Considering the conditions are the same, only 49k of these can have seated membership (excluding the Bankwest Members) this means roughly 50k Eagles members are not full (seated) members. The Eagles have a member classification called "In The Wings" member. Memberships are $55 per person (plus $5 for any additional member) or $70 for households ... whereas an Eagles 11 reserve seat starts at $410 and goes to $850. Every "In The Wings" member receives a membership pack ... stickers/lanyards etc and is entitled to priority placement for two games a year (seats that are sold back to the Eagles for the round by seated members). Lets say the membership pack costs the Eagles $7 to purchase and distribute; this means for the $5 membership the club makes $2.

The WAFC is definitely sitting on a cash-cow right now ... no wonder Demetriou want to buy the licenses from WAFC !!

Axe Man
06-08-2021, 04:39 PM
Anyone else get a text today about a live pre-game YouTube Q&A with Chris Grant for +10 year members on Sunday?

Bulldog4life
06-08-2021, 04:48 PM
Anyone else get a text today about a live pre-game YouTube Q&A with Chris Grant for +10 year members on Sunday?

Not me Axe Man.

Grantysghost
06-08-2021, 05:00 PM

Yes I got it.

I'm Not Bitter Anymore!
06-08-2021, 05:09 PM
I had a phone call from Hayden Crozier yesterday thanking me for being a member

Axe Man
06-08-2021, 05:15 PM

Nice! I saw they have a video of Libba calling a member up on the website.

comrade
06-08-2021, 05:28 PM

Zaine Cordy called me. I told him to piss off.

jk jk

Axe Man
06-08-2021, 05:37 PM

jk jk

Matt Suckling calls EW every year despite changing his number several times.

Axe Man
06-08-2021, 05:40 PM

I just remembered I didn't answer a couple of calls yesterday because unknown numbers invariably are telemarketers these days. Was probably a player. :(

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
06-08-2021, 05:42 PM
I got a text too... must not be call worthy... they're probably right!

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
06-08-2021, 05:43 PM

jk jk

little did you know, he actually called you to tell you to meet him at the Yarravile nets...he's familiar with your work, but you got in first and then hung up.

bornadog
06-08-2021, 05:44 PM
I just remembered I didn't answer a couple of calls yesterday because unknown numbers invariably are telemarketers these days. Was probably a player. :(

I believe (from inside information), it was The Bont asking if there was a thread on player contracts. :D

GVGjr
06-08-2021, 05:56 PM

Yes, got the same.
Got two missed calls as well, Damn these meetings :)

Hotdog60
07-08-2021, 11:28 AM
I got mine today. Just interested what sort of questions would be asked and I suppose if it's a question that doesn't want to be answered it will be skipped over.
Anyone that asks a question should say so and so from WOOF and give the forum a plug to other members out there. :)

Happy Days
07-08-2021, 01:20 PM
I wanna ask him his honest opinion of Josh Hill.