PDA

View Full Version : Rating our list 2020 Marcus Bontempelli 04

Hotdog60
09-01-2021, 11:57 AM
This one will be quick as we all know what Marcus brings so as we continue evaluating each player on our list starting with the highest number Lin Jong down to Matthew Suckling.
The poll will run for a week and when your post in the poll if you can give a reason on your thoughts so we can share your insights.
At the end we'll see how our list looks in the eyes of WOOF members.
There are plenty of talented people in the world. As you already know, t

Hotdog60
09-01-2021, 11:59 AM
A few stats:
Height: 193cm
Weight: 93Kg
Games: 145

A three-time All Australian, Marcus Bontempelli continues to establish himself as one of the competition’s premier midfielders. Bontempelli debuted in Round 5, 2014 and by Round 13 he’d received a NAB AFL Rising Star nomination for a 22 disposal, one goal performance in the Bulldogs’ win over Collingwood. The former Northern Knight caught the eye of recruiters pre-draft with his height, endurance and ability to play almost any position on the ground. After playing a lot of his junior career floating across half back and pinch hitting forward, he dominated as a midfielder in the second half of the 2013 season - showing his cleanness and proficiency around the contest, and ability to finish with his damaging left foot. Taken with the Bulldogs’ first selection (4th pick overall) in 2013, ‘Bont’ quickly become a permanent fixture in the side, going on to win three Charles Sutton Medals, the youngest multiple-winner in history, and was a key member of the Club’s 2016 premiership. Bontemeplli was named Vice-Captain for the 2018 season, and on the back of stellar 2019 season claimed the AFLCA Champion Player of the Year Award and his second All Australian honour.

LINK (https://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/players/857/marcus-bontempelli)

Hotdog60
09-01-2021, 12:02 PM
I suppose the only question left with Marcus is can he become even better as he has now reaching the prime time of his career.
What role will he play with our midfield strength slightly increasing.

bornadog
09-01-2021, 12:25 PM
Need another option in the poll - Elite.

For me the best midfielder in the competition. I don't want him spending a majority of time in the forward line, I want him in the centre whenever possible. The long raking left foot from the middle of the ground is a site for sore eyes.

GVGjr
09-01-2021, 12:55 PM
We've been blessed to have players like Bontempelli at the club and it's imperative that we push hard for another good run in the finals.

mjp
09-01-2021, 01:22 PM
Can we ask Jon Ralph to do this survey?

As for his claims of Bont's omission from his 'Best 22' being a spelling error:

Barcus Montempelli is both the worlds greatest dog name and the representation of a spelling error.
Leaving a player out of the 22 is something else altogether.

The Underdog
09-01-2021, 01:28 PM
We've been blessed to have players like Bontempelli at the club and it's imperative that we push hard for another good run in the finals.

And sort out that contract extension toot sweet...

GVGjr
09-01-2021, 02:45 PM
Can we ask Jon Ralph to do this survey?

As for his claims of Bont's omission from his 'Best 22' being a spelling error:

Barcus Montempelli is both the worlds greatest dog name and the representation of a spelling error.
Leaving a player out of the 22 is something else altogether.

Especially when he talks about him at great lengths before naming his best 22

GVGjr
09-01-2021, 02:46 PM
And sort out that contract extension toot sweet...

You'd like to think this gets done before the season starts

Vred
09-01-2021, 05:57 PM
Re-sign him asap.
Fingers crossed we see no repeat of the first 5-6 games of last year, worst games I've seen him play.

Eastdog
09-01-2021, 06:28 PM
AFL Quality!

He would be our most important player along with Libba. Just makes things happen for us and can change a game very quickly.

Eastdog
09-01-2021, 06:29 PM
Re-sign him asap.
Fingers crossed we see no repeat of the first 5-6 games of last year, worst games I've seen him play.

Agree Vred that Bont started off very slow but as the season went on he was very good. He was great in that Sydney game.

GVGjr
09-01-2021, 06:34 PM
Need another option in the poll - Elite.

For me the best midfielder in the competition. I don't want him spending a majority of time in the forward line, I want him in the centre whenever possible. The long raking left foot from the middle of the ground is a site for sore eyes.
Does his challenges with his weight and fluctuating form throughout last season that you highlighted leave him a bit short of an elite rating?

bornadog
09-01-2021, 07:37 PM
Does his challenges with his weight and fluctuating form throughout last season that you highlighted leave him a bit short of an elite rating?

Started off poorly but built up as the season progressed.

He can even go a further notch up with full fitness and no injuries.

GVGjr
09-01-2021, 08:10 PM
Started off poorly but built up as the season progressed.

He can even go a further notch up with full fitness and no injuries.

He played every game last season so I don't think injuries were much of an issue for him but if he was unfit and overweight I'm not sure it would warrant and elite rating.

comrade
09-01-2021, 08:54 PM
Goes alright.

azabob
09-01-2021, 10:20 PM
Ok which scallywag said Needs more time?

bornadog
10-01-2021, 12:20 AM
He played every game last season so I don't think injuries were much of an issue for him but if he was unfit and overweight I'm not sure it would warrant and elite rating.

For starters, I never said he was overweight, I said if he changed his body shape and shed some weight, he could be alot more agile. It was an off the cuff comment, yet you keep bringing it up for some reason. Most likely he can't change his body weight as he is built the way he is.

Secondly the injury comment is for 2021 - ie stay injury free.

jeemak
10-01-2021, 12:58 AM
For starters, I never said he was overweight, I said if he changed his body shape and shed some weight, he could be alot more agile. It was an off the cuff comment, yet you keep bringing it up for some reason. Most likely he can't change his body weight as he is built the way he is.

Secondly the injury comment is for 2021 - ie stay injury free.

I was wondering how long it would take for you to finally take the bate BAD.......I had you pegged for earlier in the day and I think you've shown enormous restraint until now.

jeemak
10-01-2021, 12:59 AM
Ok which scallywag said Needs more time?

Definitely Eastdog. He can't help himself, a scallywag of the highest order.

Eastdog
10-01-2021, 01:01 AM
Definitely Eastdog. He can't help himself, a scallywag of the highest order.

Not Guilty!

jeemak
10-01-2021, 01:45 AM
Not Guilty!

You would say that Eastie. Wouldn't you?

But, if you are just a regular patsy and it wasn't you, then who was it? Spill the beans squealer!

Eastdog
10-01-2021, 01:52 AM
You would say that Eastie. Wouldn't you?

But, if you are just a regular patsy and it wasn't you, then who was it? Spill the beans squealer!

:D:D

In all seriousness I don't know who it was.

jeemak
10-01-2021, 02:03 AM
:D:D

In all seriousness I don't know who it was.

Well you're under suspicion dude. You'll be watched with a close eye until the real perpetrator comes forward.

azabob
10-01-2021, 09:08 AM
Well you're under suspicion dude. You'll be watched with a close eye until the real perpetrator comes forward.

Agree Jeemak. Eastie was very quick to say it wasn’t him.... thou protest too much...

GVGjr
10-01-2021, 09:13 AM

Agree Jeemak. Eastie was very quick to say it wasn’t him.... thou protest too much...

I'm going to defend my mate here, it wasn't him

Happy Days
10-01-2021, 01:05 PM
He was pretty ordinary up until the byes and then the best player in the competition afterwards. Really excited for his 2021.

Eastdog
10-01-2021, 03:53 PM
I'm going to defend my mate here, it wasn't him

Thanks GVGjr :)