PDA

View Full Version : Daniel Cross - His worth to the side

BulldogBelle
30-01-2007, 05:06 PM
I absolutely love Daniel Cross, he really takes his role seriously and will one day take over from Scott West. Cross really puts a lot into his training and more often than not he stays longer than the others and does more training in his own time.

His kicking has improved dramatically from a few season's back. Such a commited footballer is how I see him, always goes to the extreme flinging his body about regardless of the consequences.

Dry Rot
30-01-2007, 05:07 PM
Not a bad mark either.

Hard Ball Get
30-01-2007, 05:10 PM
Would have to be close to the hardest worker in the competition.
I really dont think anyone could ever fault his effort and determination.
Is one of those guys who just gets the most out of his ability and then finds a way to improve

BulldogBelle
30-01-2007, 05:17 PM
Would have to be close to the hardest worker in the competition.

I totally agree - he is always so eager to do or try anything, he didn't get much of a go under Rhode, Eade had definitely brought the best out of him.

I really dont think anyone could ever fault his effort and determination.

Definitely not - he always appears to apply himself to whatever task is at hand.

I wish him all the best for the coming season and hope he reaches a new height in his career, hopefully an AA selection.

LostDoggy
30-01-2007, 06:12 PM
I absolutely love Daniel Cross, he really takes his role seriously and will one day take over from Scott West. Cross really puts a lot into his training and more often than not he stays longer than the others and does more training in his own time.

His kicking has improved dramatically from a few season's back. Such a commited footballer is how I see him, always goes to the extreme flinging his body about regardless of the consequences.

Every aspect of his game has improved.
His kicking, his marking and most importantly his confidence. He is now a real leader of the club and I don't think he will drop off at all.

Athletic ability got him drafted but his dedication has seen him move from an athletic footballer to a pure footballer.

Can't fault him.

The Coon Dog
30-01-2007, 07:01 PM
And just think, he was within a whisker of heading off to Perth to ply his trade under a previous coach.

Go_Dogs
30-01-2007, 08:06 PM
One of my favourite Crossy memories is from last season, in a tight game he put his body infront of a Voss shirt-front to hold a mark and eventually set up a goal. He's tough as they come, and fierce for that contested ball, which is something that we really use to feed our other players.

westdog54
30-01-2007, 08:51 PM
He has this uncanny ability of finding improvement in his game every season, he'll be among the elite of the competition in 3 or 4 years IMO

GVGjr
30-01-2007, 09:36 PM
One of my favourite Crossy memories is from last season, in a tight game he put his body infront of a Voss shirt-front to hold a mark and eventually set up a goal. He's tough as they come, and fierce for that contested ball, which is something that we really use to feed our other players.
I remember that as well. He does all the right things

Hard Ball Get
31-01-2007, 08:19 PM
How do other clubs rate him do you think?
For example what would his market value be?

southerncross
31-01-2007, 08:31 PM
In response to HBG, I think Cross would have a very good market value. Most of the supporters from opposition teams that I speak to really rate him and I guess most coaches would as well.

bresker
31-01-2007, 09:34 PM
I would have given him our B & F last year.

I thought Johnno was the best player in the competition last year, but for sheer guts & determination Crossy deserved the award.

He played virtually every minute of every game last year, and gave his all. He puts his head in front of the ball when his opponent is in mid kick. I love Crossy. I even like his ridiculous beard.

BulldogBelle
31-01-2007, 09:47 PM
He played virtually every minute of every game last year, and gave his all. He puts his head in front of the ball when his opponent is in mid kick.

That is what I love about his style of play he just doesn't scare easily and is not afraid to throw himself into any danger. I cringe sometimes and pray he doesn't get hurt.

mjp
01-02-2007, 10:20 PM
He has this uncanny ability of finding improvement in his game every season, he'll be among the elite of the competition in 3 or 4 years IMO

He is an elite midfielder now, WD. 600+ disposals a couple of years on the trot is incredible...besides which, in 4 years he will be 28 years old - and probably wont get much better from then on. His time is now.

As for all the 'take over from Westy' stuff, due to his height and marking ability (and probably to carve his own niche) he has actually become a more different player to Westy than many would care to admit in the last couple of years.

BulldogBelle
01-02-2007, 10:25 PM
Most of the supporters from opposition teams that I speak to really rate him and I guess most coaches would as well.

Same here with some of my friends that don't support the Bulldogs, they always tell me that they would love Crossy in their team because of his work ethic - I politely tell them NO WAY!

mjp
01-02-2007, 10:34 PM
...they always tell me that they would love Crossy in their team because of his work ethic - I politely tell them NO WAY!

On the other hand, if they want to offer us Jonathon Brown or Matthew Pavlich....

Hard Ball Get
02-02-2007, 10:42 AM
On the other hand, if they want to offer us Jonathon Brown or Matthew Pavlich....

Haha, I think then we might have to have a listen to what they have to say.