North Melbourne vs Adelaide Crows Marvel Stadium 1:10pm Fox

Melbourne vs Geelong Cats MCG 3:20pm Seven, Fox

Fremantle vs Hawthorn Optus Stadium 4:40pm Fox

Eastdog
05-04-2021, 09:10 PM
Bump

jeemak
08-04-2021, 09:21 PM
Did I just hear Luke Darcy claim that something was standus operatus..........? I think I'm pretty sure I did.

comrade
08-04-2021, 09:42 PM
Darce is bad, Jobe is even worse.

jeemak
08-04-2021, 09:43 PM
Darce is bad, Jobe is even worse.

Jobe's the genuine pits.

comrade
08-04-2021, 09:48 PM
https://i.ibb.co/1JBhBBF/giphy.gif (https://imgbb.com/)

bornadog
08-04-2021, 09:59 PM
Heeney broken hand

jeemak
08-04-2021, 10:02 PM
Whilst Stringer is looking good for him and playing well he still has a gut. ;)

comrade
08-04-2021, 10:11 PM
Whilst Stringer is looking good for him and playing well he still has a gut. ;)

He's apparently lost 7kg and still looks like weekend footballer.

jeemak
08-04-2021, 10:12 PM
Jobe's just stated the umpires might be interpretating something.......ouch.

chef
08-04-2021, 10:12 PM
Edit.

SquirrelGrip
08-04-2021, 10:13 PM
Jobe's the genuine pits.

Did Jobe just use the word “interpretating” and then follow up with “that’s how umpires interpretate things”? Yes, he did.

jeemak
08-04-2021, 10:14 PM
It was so jarring to the ears.

merantau
08-04-2021, 11:02 PM
Essington blew so many chances by fumbling or overusing the ball.

The bulldog tragician
08-04-2021, 11:24 PM
Did Jobe just use the word “interpretating” and then follow up with “that’s how umpires interpretate things”? Yes, he did.

Oh the horror.

That was a pretty ordinary game. The swans were sloppy, and massacred their chances in the last quarter ( maybe that should be massecerated Jobe?). Fortunately for those of us with an enduring hatred of the Bombres, they have enough duds to undo what was a fairly spirited effort. Regrettably they seem to have some ok youngsters.

Jake stringer will never be the player he should have been. Despite the continual effort to talk him up, there are always lazy efforts, times you forget he’s on the ground. He keeps being tried in the middle for that alleged explosive speed but it so rarely comes off. He’s a decent forward who’ll play some good games rather than the star his talent indicated.

Dry Rot
09-04-2021, 01:10 AM
Bombers got close to a hot Swans team. Are they better than we thought?

macca
09-04-2021, 02:39 AM

Buddy never should have gotten close to that mark to seal the goal. There were three bombers that he outmarked in that passage of play. As long as the bombers like to think they are better, they can maintain that deluded I mean elusive dream.

Sydney kicked 1.5 in the last quarter at one stage.

They were playing a team of kids.

How many days since they played finals ?

FrediKanoute
09-04-2021, 03:32 AM
I think the Swan's hot start to the year will wilt as the season progresses. The thing about kids and younger players is that they are great early, but their bodies can't take the knocks and recovery time. I think the Swans are great, but I am happy we aren't playing them in the first 5/6 rounds.

As for Essendon.....hard to pick where they are at. I don't believe that they have improved significantly, but will be capable of taking the scalp of a team that is not 100% on. Still a 12 to 7 range for where they finish this season.

jeemak
09-04-2021, 03:37 AM
Oh the horror.

That was a pretty ordinary game. The swans were sloppy, and massacred their chances in the last quarter ( maybe that should be massecerated Jobe?). Fortunately for those of us with an enduring hatred of the Bombres, they have enough duds to undo what was a fairly spirited effort. Regrettably they seem to have some ok youngsters.

Jake stringer will never be the player he should have been. Despite the continual effort to talk him up, there are always lazy efforts, times you forget he’s on the ground. He keeps being tried in the middle for that alleged explosive speed but it so rarely comes off. He’s a decent forward who’ll play some good games rather than the star his talent indicated.

Perhaps he's the player he was always going to be Trag, and what we saw from him in his youthful exuberance was just what we needed from him at the right time. Seriously, by the time he kicked his three goals against Hawthorn in the 2016 semi he was already done, and that was just a swan song to get us to the next step on our path to glory.

jeemak
09-04-2021, 03:40 AM
I think the Swan's hot start to the year will wilt as the season progresses. The thing about kids and younger players is that they are great early, but their bodies can't take the knocks and recovery time. I think the Swans are great, but I am happy we aren't playing them in the first 5/6 rounds.

As for Essendon.....hard to pick where they are at. I don't believe that they have improved significantly, but will be capable of taking the scalp of a team that is not 100% on. Still a 12 to 7 range for where they finish this season.

The Swans remind me a bit of us in 2015. Good and exciting for everyone to watch but likely to get tired.

merantau
09-04-2021, 05:53 AM
The Swans? Meh .... they don't worry me at all. Can you imagine how Hickey is going to go when he's up against Stef Martin? How their midfield will go against our guns? Bruce, English, Naughton?

comrade
09-04-2021, 06:31 AM
That Nik Cox is the real deal. Like a taller, quicker Bont :eek:

GVGjr
09-04-2021, 07:14 AM

They're OK but will fall short went it counts.

Topdog
09-04-2021, 08:25 AM
The bombers are going perfectly. They will again finish in that 8-12 range, never really bottoming out, never getting the best talent and always drinking their own bath water

comrade
09-04-2021, 08:41 AM
The bombers are going perfectly. They will again finish in that 8-12 range, never really bottoming out, never getting the best talent and always drinking their own bath water

The top 7 from last year are going to be very special if Cox is ranked 8th. He is a jet.

1eyedog
09-04-2021, 08:54 AM
I actually thought both teams were bad and can't see either making the finals. Last night's game was a case of who is less shit than the other. We will destroy Sydney.

Grantysghost
09-04-2021, 09:08 AM
That Nik Cox is the real deal. Like a taller, quicker Bont :eek:

You can see why they wanted to hold onto those picks.

azabob
09-04-2021, 09:21 AM

No you just over rate Sydney ;)

Topdog
09-04-2021, 09:49 AM
The top 7 from last year are going to be very special if Cox is ranked 8th. He is a jet.

He may be the best this year but if you consistently get picks 8 or so you aren't going to be getting the best player every year.

They needed to go into complete rebuild mode and have failed to do so.

Their list is a shambles with an absolute dearth of talent in the 21-25 age group.

Merrett, Zachary
Laverde, Jayden
Waterman, Alec R
Wright, Peter
Langford, Kyle
Parish, Darcy
Snelling, Will
Francis, Aaron
Guelfi, Matt
Redman, Mason
McGrath, Andrew
Zerk-Thatcher, Brandon
Clarke, Dylan
Draper, Sam R
Ridley, Jordan
McQuillan, Ross R
Ham, Brayden

Happy Days
09-04-2021, 09:52 AM
Nah I reckon Essendon were lucky to be within 5 goals. Their pressure, admittedly impressive, was always going to translate to the smaller SCG (which ironically does not at all suit this suddenly highly skilled and very cool Swans side) but they tired badly, and were let off the hook by the Swans poor conversion.

Agree on Cox. Very impressive set of attributes to his game.

Bulldog Joe
09-04-2021, 10:32 AM
I felt Essendon were flattered by the scoreboard, but I am absolutely on the Nik Cox train. He was very impressive.

Sydney youngsters look good, but not convinced they are a finals side on that performance.

Think a few teams will work them over as the season progresses.

Dancin' Douggy
09-04-2021, 11:35 AM
I agree with the buddy obversation. That was a really sloppy lackadaisical defensive effort. Wasn’t even a good kick to him. In such a tight game they just let him mark it. Pissweak.

Sedat
09-04-2021, 03:42 PM
Jobe's just stated the umpires might be interpretating something.......ouch.
He is about as good at special comments as he is at finding out what substances he injects into his body.

Just another example of how ch 7 never get a farken thing right in their footy coverage.

comrade
09-04-2021, 03:47 PM
Jobe is about as good as Gilbert McAdam who lasted about 2 weeks as a boundary rider in 2019. Helps to have a famous last name I guess.

Bulldog Joe
09-04-2021, 04:38 PM
Jobe is about as good as Gilbert McAdam who lasted about 2 weeks as a boundary rider in 2019. Helps to have a famous last name I guess.

I think you over rate Jobe.

1eyedog
09-04-2021, 06:37 PM
I think you over rate Jobe.

Agreed, at least Gil was funny, sincere and not a pephead. I mean they stripped Watson of his Brownlow because he cheated yet he walks into the C7 commentary box and now provides special comments. It's all a bit strange.

whythelongface
09-04-2021, 07:26 PM

Don’t really get the hype tbh. Yes they were good against Richmond but in all honesty they looked pretty average at times last night. In saying that they have some really good kids coming through and in a few years will be a very good side.

chef
09-04-2021, 08:50 PM
Agreed, at least Gil was funny, sincere and not a pephead. I mean they stripped Watson of his Brownlow because he cheated yet he walks into the C7 commentary box and now provides special comments. It's all a bit strange.

Is it strange, they all worship Wayne Carey in there.

jeemak
09-04-2021, 09:43 PM
Is it strange, they all worship Wayne Carey in there.

It's absolutely normal.......for Ch7.

jeemak
09-04-2021, 09:45 PM
How weird is the carry on about the new lad Jones for Port Adelaide tonight.....speaking of strange.

comrade
09-04-2021, 09:52 PM
You just have to take the majority of your chances against Richmond and pile on scoreboard pressure. Letting them stay in the game through missed shots just plays into their hands.

comrade
09-04-2021, 09:55 PM
Duursma gets lumped in with Rozee and Butters but he's no where near those two (especially Butters).

Grantysghost
09-04-2021, 09:58 PM
Duursma gets lumped in with Rozee and Butters but he's no where near those two (especially Butters).

Butters is from the Jets and Darley. Shame we didn't have two picks in the first round!

comrade
09-04-2021, 10:05 PM
Butters is from the Jets and Darley. Shame we didn't have two picks in the first round!

He is quickly becoming a superstar.

Grantysghost
09-04-2021, 10:07 PM
He is quickly becoming a superstar.

How's his attack on the ball.

Rozee, Butters and Smith are the top three from that 18 draft.

bornadog
09-04-2021, 10:25 PM
How weird is the carry on about the new lad Jones for Port Adelaide tonight.....speaking of strange.

Well debuting at age 43 is really something:D

azabob
09-04-2021, 10:25 PM
If port don’t win tonight, they can’t win the flag.

comrade
09-04-2021, 10:44 PM
Bloody good game this.

comrade
09-04-2021, 10:54 PM
Did I just hear Luke Darcy claim that something was standus operatus..........? I think I'm pretty sure I did.

This was also Jobe, by the way.

Grantysghost
09-04-2021, 11:26 PM
Bloody good game this.

The AFL is strategically insipid. Aussie rules coaches in general have nfi.
Just employ one championship level manager from the UK and you'll work out how to beat Richmond.

comrade
09-04-2021, 11:28 PM
Just employ one championship level manager from the UK and you'll work out how to beat Richmond.

Don't kick it long down the line would be a good start.

Grantysghost
09-04-2021, 11:33 PM
Don't kick it long down the line would be a good start.

Maybe hold possession. They sweat on the ground ball.

bornadog
09-04-2021, 11:42 PM
Enjoyable match after port left the door ajar with lots of missed set shots. Good to see Richmond 2-2 after 4 games.

Testekill
09-04-2021, 11:43 PM

Move it quickly by hand, don't bomb it down the line and put pressure on the ball carrier when in transition. It's so *!*!*!*!ing simple and yet nobody does it

The Underdog
10-04-2021, 03:22 AM
Move it quickly by hand, don't bomb it down the line and put pressure on the ball carrier when in transition. It's so *!*!*!*!ing simple and yet nobody does it

Didn’t Sydney do it just last week?

azabob
10-04-2021, 09:16 AM
Allow me to be captain obvious but how good are Dustin Martin and Robbie Gray?

Port’s kick off strategy was poor last night. It would have had something to do with Allir doing majority of the kick ins but that is one area they could improve on.

I’ll be interested to see how long Marlon Pickett lasts in the game. For a dual premiership player he still seems to me, not AFL standard.

Grantysghost
10-04-2021, 10:20 AM

Absolutely that was the template.

Port were frustrating last night. Learnt nothing from previous years. They'll get smashed at the G.

Grantysghost
10-04-2021, 10:21 AM
Enjoyable match after port left the door ajar with lots of missed set shots. Good to see Richmond 2-2 after 4 games.

Exactly the same rounds they lost last year.

I'm over bloody Richmond now :cool:

Testekill
10-04-2021, 11:17 AM

Yup, turns out that if you don't let Richmond execute their gameplan then they really struggle.

Topdog
10-04-2021, 07:11 PM
Saints getting shown up again. They went hard in recruiting so questions could be asked quickly.
I thought they dropped away significantly in the 2nd half of last season and whilst they got the finals win against us that was an awful performance by the dogs and yet still a close game

Edit: what an incredible turnaround

Dry Rot
10-04-2021, 08:03 PM
Eagles are lucky they are accurate

bulldogsthru&thru
10-04-2021, 08:15 PM
Saints getting shown up again. They went hard in recruiting so questions could be asked quickly.
I thought they dropped away significantly in the 2nd half of last season and whilst they got the finals win against us that was an awful performance by the dogs and yet still a close game

Edit: what an incredible turnaround

What a weird game. Without watching it, it's hard to know what exactly happened. Early on the eagles looked like they would thrash the saints. Now it looks like they should be getting thrashed themselves.

Big win for the saints though. Looked like 2021 was going to be over for them early. Now they're back in the hunt.

GVGjr
10-04-2021, 08:23 PM
Incredible performance by the Saints. When they get things on their terms they're a real handful.
Max King kicked 5.

DOG GOD
10-04-2021, 08:24 PM
Didn’t see a lot. How influential was Marshall being back?

comrade
10-04-2021, 08:48 PM
Didn’t see a lot. How influential was Marshall being back?

When he was off with a lower leg issue, Eagles got on top. When he came back, Saints took over. Probably the most important player on their list.

comrade
10-04-2021, 09:15 PM
Bobby Hill showing a bit. Would slot in nicely for us, hopefully Sammy P is making enquiries.

DOG GOD
10-04-2021, 10:04 PM
When he was off with a lower leg issue, Eagles got on top. When he came back, Saints took over. Probably the most important player on their list.

And having him and Ryder missing those early games really cost them. As a partnership, they were unbelievable last year, and the saints will be all that more difficult to beat with both in the team.

comrade
10-04-2021, 11:03 PM
GWS with a gritty victory. Greene is a handful for any defence and it won't be a walk in the park in a few weeks. They've got a midfield that lacks burst speed but has plenty of grunt and conditions in Canberra will probably suit them. Danger game.

Dry Rot
10-04-2021, 11:08 PM
Were the Giants good or the Pies crap?

comrade
10-04-2021, 11:19 PM
Were the Giants good or the Pies crap?

A little from column A, a little from column B. Conditions really suited the Giants mids - Ward wound back the clock and had an absolute field day. Pies just couldn't connect forward when it was inside 50 and the Giants mids just overpowered them. Having the genius of Greene up forward also helps.

Mantis
11-04-2021, 11:48 AM
A little from column A, a little from column B. Conditions really suited the Giants mids - Ward wound back the clock and had an absolute field day. Pies just couldn't connect forward when it was inside 50 and the Giants mids just overpowered them. Having the genius of Greene up forward also helps.

Collingwood are just so vanilla now... just no POD in their team and when their big dollar ruckman is touched up by a player who can hardly run, well you think they’d like to have their trade period over again.

josie
11-04-2021, 01:03 PM
Grundy looked like he could conquer the world a few seasons ago. From the little I saw last night he was dumbly at ground level and could not tap to advantage even when Mumford was resting (possibly due to pies mids as much as him). Wonder if fans are regretting their massive contract for him now. No doubt his form will rise again but was he worth the $?

Go_Dogs
11-04-2021, 01:24 PM

Thought Duursma was pretty good actually. He’s probably a tier below Butters and Rozee, but he’s going to be a good++ 200 game player in his own right.

soupman
11-04-2021, 01:37 PM
Tom Campbell is a late in for North today. And they thought last week was rock bottom.

comrade
11-04-2021, 01:40 PM
Thought Duursma was pretty good actually. He’s probably a tier below Butters and Rozee, but he’s going to be a good++ 200 game player in his own right.

He actually had a tipping last quarter after I wrote that.

Not the first time I’ve made a declaration and then been made to look silly immediately after.

Happy Days
11-04-2021, 01:51 PM
Tom Campbell is a late in for North today. And they thought last week was rock bottom.

Shout out to Lachie Young for getting dropped too. Takes a lot to stand out as noticeably bad in a 22 goal loss but our man got it done.

comrade
11-04-2021, 02:44 PM
Shout out to Lachie Young for getting dropped too. Takes a lot to stand out as noticeably bad in a 22 goal loss but our man got it done.

Lachie lives! Brought on as sub half way through the 1st quarter.

Dry Rot
11-04-2021, 04:10 PM
North ahead. Crows must be utter crap.

bornadog
11-04-2021, 04:11 PM

Be nice if they beat the Crows.

kruder
11-04-2021, 05:41 PM
Dahlhaus gave everything for us but it looks like he has lost his appetite and speed not much left in the tank unfortunately.

Love seeing the cats getting beaten ;)

jeemak
11-04-2021, 05:41 PM

This aged well...........

bulldogsthru&thru
11-04-2021, 06:37 PM
We did so much damage to North last week that their % went up following their 41pt loss to Adelaide.

whythelongface
11-04-2021, 07:32 PM
What has happened to Melbourne? Are they the real deal? They have an excellent defence and midfield. Even their forward line seems to be functioning.

Who would have thought us, Sydney and the Dees all undefeated after 4 rounds and the Crows 5th with 3 wins. No doubt there will be significant change as the season progresses but an interesting table to start the season nonetheless.

comrade
11-04-2021, 07:37 PM
What has happened to Melbourne? Are they the real deal? They have an excellent defence and midfield. Even their forward line seems to be functioning.

Who would have thought us, Sydney and the Dees all undefeated after 4 rounds and the Crows 5th with 3 wins. No doubt there will be significant change as the season progresses but an interesting table to start the season nonetheless.

There is a real buy in with Melbourne, lots of pressure and team defence. Won't be an easy team to beat this year.

GVGjr
11-04-2021, 07:47 PM

Crows are doing better than even their own supporters thought they might. That was a strong win away from home.
North have rolled the dice with one of the most severe rebuilds I can recall. I just hope the AFL doesn't assist them if they bottom out for a few years.

GVGjr
11-04-2021, 07:52 PM

I think Melbourne look to be a very good team. They get a lot of quick ball movement from their back half.
Petracca is having a great season, Lever is a rock down back plus they get a lot of run from Pickett, Langdon, Salem and Hunt.

Who knows if they can keep this up but I wouldn't be betting against them at the moment.

comrade
11-04-2021, 08:02 PM
I think Melbourne look to be a very good team. They get a lot of quick ball movement from their back half.
Petracca is having a great season, Lever is a rock down back plus they get a lot of run from Pickett, Langdon, Salem and Hunt.

Who knows if they can keep this up but I wouldn't be betting against them at the moment.

There isn't really an easy kill in the competition this year, besides North. If you're off by a little, you're cooked.

1eyedog
11-04-2021, 08:17 PM
Melbourne have a well balanced list and have under performed since their prelim showing. When Brown is fit and comes into the team they won't have a weakness, well it will be themselves, like it always is with the Dees.

comrade
11-04-2021, 08:21 PM
Melbourne have a well balanced list and have under performed since their prelim showing. When Brown is fit and comes into the team they won't have a weakness, well it will be themselves, like it always is with the Dees.

I think their forward line is more dynamic without Brown. Will be interesting to see how it goes when he's in there.

EasternWest
11-04-2021, 08:23 PM
Collingwood are just so vanilla now... just no POD in their team and when their big dollar ruckman is touched up by a player who can hardly run, well you think they’d like to have their trade period over again.

They should hunt around in the off season and see if they can find some elite speed with inside/outside ability and impeccable character.

I'm still so pumped Treloar is in our colours.

Happy Days
11-04-2021, 08:54 PM
We will crush Melbourne bookmark this post for posterity.

soupman
11-04-2021, 10:02 PM
Dahlhaus gave everything for us but it looks like he has lost his appetite and speed not much left in the tank unfortunately.

Sounds like he has lost his motovation.

jeemak
11-04-2021, 10:06 PM
We will crush Melbourne bookmark this post for prosperity.

So all future generations can prosper as a result eh?

Happy Days
11-04-2021, 10:35 PM

Lol shit.

The Doctor
12-04-2021, 09:33 AM
Melbourne looked quick and a lot slicker v Geelong. They have some top A grade talent in Gawn, Petracca, May & Lever, especially, is fantastic and marshals the backline superbly. They have beaten, Freo, Saints, GWS & Geelong all good wins. I question their depth though. They're bottom 6 players drop off a bit so it will be interesting to see if that is their achilles heel..

Geelong look old and disjointed & seems not much camaraderie. They will win their share of games as they still have the advantage of Kardinia Park & a lot of experience in the team to help get them over the line in some games. Can they make the 8? I wouldn't bet on it.

I would be asking Jake Kolodjasnij if he is not doing anything next year if he'd like to come to Whitten Oval. He's a RFA this year.

Mofra
12-04-2021, 10:02 AM

Everyone keeps talking about having their two KPFs out... but will they hurt or hinder them?

Right now they have three absolute A grade mids (Oliver, Petracca, Viney) and one guy performing to a high standard (Brayshaw).
We are undefeated on the back of a deep midfield.

Perhaps for once rule changes have worked in our favour? Deep mids are the new black. Let's not forget we're running Bailey Smith on a wing and Melbourne are running with Ed Langdon who looks like one of the competition's most improved players.

Mofra
12-04-2021, 10:03 AM
I would be asking Jake Kolodjasnij if he is not doing anything next year if he'd like to come to Whitten Oval. He's a RFA this year.
I like Jake as a player (he's smart) but a 193cm defender who isn't super quick might not be at the top of our wishlist.
God I hope Lewie Young keeps performing

Grantysghost
12-04-2021, 10:18 AM

I'm still dubious on the Dees. Granted they had a heap out but we absolutely smashed them in the pre-season. They were woeful, so depth is definitely a good question.

I think they would've struggled last week if the Giants didn't lose a heap through injury. They started very well against them.

Cats wihout Rohan, Dangerfield and Cameron that's a different side too.

They have an easy draw so can see them being in the finals, but I'm pretty happy with the way the other contenders are lining up at the moment.

bulldogsthru&thru
12-04-2021, 10:26 AM
I'm still dubious on the Dees. Granted they had a heap out but we absolutely smashed them in the pre-season. They were woeful, so depth is definitely a good question.

I think they would've struggled last week if the Giants didn't lose a heap through injury. They started very well against them.

Cats wihout Rohan, Dangerfield and Cameron that's a different side too.

They have an easy draw so can see them being in the finals, but I'm pretty happy with the way the other contenders are lining up at the moment.
Damn wish we got them missing those guys.

comrade
12-04-2021, 10:29 AM
Damn wish we got them missing those guys.

And not at their narrow bowling alley of a home ground which suits the geriatric playing list they’ve cobbled together.

Happy Days
12-04-2021, 11:03 AM
I like Jake as a player (he's smart) but a 193cm defender who isn't super quick might not be at the top of our wishlist.
God I hope Lewie Young keeps performing

Terrible hair too. Would clash badly with our branding.

The Doctor
12-04-2021, 12:24 PM
Terrible hair too. Would clash badly with our branding.

We could ask him to grow a mullet as a condition.

Happy Days
12-04-2021, 12:34 PM
We could ask him to grow a mullet as a condition.

I don't think he can sadly.

We do have room for a bald ponytail if he's willing.