PDA

View Full Version : WOOF Footy Tipping 2021

Scraggers
02-03-2021, 04:06 PM
Hey all,

Its that time of year again

I have set up the Footy Tipping Competition using the online Footy Tips website. When you first go there you will have to confirm your account from last year, or if this is your first year, start a new account.

You can find the competition by searching the Competition name (below) ... you will need the password (also below)

Competition Name: WOOF Tipsters 2021
Password: W@llis_2021
You could also use this link https://www.footytips.com.au/comps/WOOF_Tipsters_2021&p=W%40llis%5F2021

Gotta be in it to win it ... or at least beat GoYouGoodThing

Happy Tipping

bornadog
02-03-2021, 05:05 PM
Scraggers, can we please get rid of the joker rounds? I won last year only because I picked some good joker rounds, but feel this is unfair.

The comp should be based on how many winners you can pick.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
02-03-2021, 05:06 PM
I'm in!

Scraggers
02-03-2021, 06:11 PM
Scraggers, can we please get rid of the joker rounds? I won last year only because I picked some good joker rounds, but feel this is unfair.

The comp should be based on how many winners you can pick.

Already done :cool: It is straight forward tipping this year, no jokers. Only other stipulation is if you forget to put your tips in, you get the lowest amount picked by any tipper for that round (instead of just away teams)

bornadog
02-03-2021, 06:22 PM
Already done :cool: It is straight forward tipping this year, no jokers. Only other stipulation is if you forget to put your tips in, you get the lowest amount picked by any tipper for that round (instead of just away teams)

Excellent

Eastdog
02-03-2021, 06:28 PM
I’m in for another year!

Thanks Scraggers.

Hotdog60
02-03-2021, 07:34 PM
count me in

Max469
02-03-2021, 11:55 PM
I am in thanks

Scraggers
17-03-2021, 03:15 PM
Hey all ... we only have seven WOOFers in out tipping this year. It's not too late to join. Go to the first post in this thread for all the details. It would be great to get a few more tippers in the comp. :cool:

C'mon ... a bit of fun and the chance for some bragging rights (not that I ever get that chance :))

EasternWest
17-03-2021, 04:13 PM
Hey all ... we only have seven WOOFers in out tipping this year. It's not too late to join. Go to the first post in this thread for all the details. It would be great to get a few more tippers in the comp. :cool:

C'mon ... a bit of fun and the chance for some bragging rights (not that I ever get that chance :))

Frustrating when you have a game organised but others won't play....

The Underdog
17-03-2021, 06:11 PM
I’m in. Although apparently ESPN have reverted me to some name I used on an NFL Fantasy Football league 20 years ago.

bornadog
17-03-2021, 06:23 PM
I’m in. Although apparently ESPN have reverted me to some name I used on an NFL Fantasy Football league 20 years ago.

When I tried to log in this time to do my tips, I had to input a code from my email. Then I received an email from Disney about log in? Very strange

Hello Michael,

Your account was just used to sign in to ESPNfootytips, a part of The Walt Disney Family of Companies.

Source: Chrome
Location: Melbourne, Australia (may not match exact location)

If this looks familiar, then you can ignore this message.

If you believe that someone else may have accessed your account, then you should use the button below to change your password and secure your account.

soupman
17-03-2021, 06:44 PM
Mine wouldn't let me sign up. Weird.

Scraggers
17-03-2021, 08:19 PM
When I tried to log in this time to do my tips, I had to input a code from my email. Then I received an email from Disney about log in? Very strange

It's taken me a lot of research, but apparently Disney bought ESPN. In doing so, it has asked all affiliates to ask their members to re-sign in. This was a huge frustration for me as I had started the competition with my work email, but my SPAM folder would not allow the code to be sent therefore I could not access any of the competitions I had started. When I used my home email, I was able to get the code and start an account.

Then I had to request admin rights on my new account so I could kick my work email account off :mad:

Bottom line, I"m back on and ready to roll.

Scraggers
17-03-2021, 08:19 PM

It may be your email address ... do you have another you can use?

EasternWest
17-03-2021, 08:49 PM
Frustrating when you have a game organised but others won't play....

Also I'm in.

GVGjr
17-03-2021, 09:25 PM

I have the same issue. I might try another browser

Chicago1
17-03-2021, 09:40 PM
Like others I had a problem logging in. Had to change my password. All's OK now

I'm baaaaaaaaack!

EasternWest
17-03-2021, 09:43 PM

I'm baaaaaaaaack!

Good to see you mate.

Eastdog
17-03-2021, 09:59 PM
No issues for me getting in. My tips are in for Round 1, 2021.

Eastdog
17-03-2021, 10:00 PM

I'm baaaaaaaaack!

Great to hear from you Chicago1. I hope you are well. Massive opening round match on Friday night for us.

ratsmac
18-03-2021, 04:17 AM
I'm in too!

GVGjr
18-03-2021, 07:32 PM
I'm in

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
24-03-2021, 11:44 AM
I must've stuffed something up, I joined when the comp was first created, but for some reason I didn't seem to be there..for Rnd 1..so my tips didn't count.
I've now re-joined. have some work ahead of me to try and bridge the gap. I'm an early front runner for the wooden spoon now!

Scraggers
25-03-2021, 01:54 PM
I must've stuffed something up, I joined when the comp was first created, but for some reason I didn't seem to be there..for Rnd 1..so my tips didn't count.
I've now re-joined. have some work ahead of me to try and bridge the gap. I'm an early front runner for the wooden spoon now!

If you give me access to enter your tips, I can add your score in from Round 1. We are a trusting bunch; we know you wouldn't cheat us :)

EasternWest
25-03-2021, 02:11 PM
If you give me access to enter your tips, I can add your score in from Round 1. We are a trusting bunch; we know you wouldn't cheat us :)

Seems legit.

Scraggers
25-03-2021, 02:23 PM
Seems legit.

If YHF says they've picked 12 winners last week, we know something is up :cool:

EasternWest
25-03-2021, 02:28 PM
If YHF says they've picked 12 winners last week, we know something is up :cool:

I would believe him, because he's proven himself beyond reproach. He would never lie to us.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
25-03-2021, 02:30 PM

That is very collegiate of you. I'm happy to do this, ONLY if others are unanimous about it being ok.
MY tips were only 4 correct out the 9 matches as follows:

Richmond - correct
Dogs - Correct
Freo- -incorrect
Geelong - incorrect
Essendon - incorrect (I should probably be struck off just for tipping Essendon alone!)
Lions - incorrect
Port - correct
GWS - incorrect
West Coast- correct

I've entered my tips for round 2, but I'm still not showing on the leaderboard in the competition, despite joining again?
I'll send you a pm with my account details.
Thanks again Scraggers

GVGjr
25-03-2021, 02:33 PM

100%, good move Scraggers

1eyedog
25-03-2021, 05:34 PM

Scraggers can I also get involved?

Scraggers
25-03-2021, 08:04 PM
Scraggers can I also get involved?

You Betcha ... The more the merrier

Scraggers
22-08-2021, 11:09 PM
Congratulations to … The Lipinski File

This year’s WOOF Footy Tipping winner.

Eastdog
23-08-2021, 12:14 AM
Which woofer is “The Lipinski File”.

azabob
23-08-2021, 09:14 AM
Congratulations to … The Lipinski File

This year’s WOOF Footy Tipping winner.

How many tips?

Scraggers
23-08-2021, 11:34 AM
Which woofer is “The Lipinski File”.

Unsure Easty ... will the mystery tipper please reveal themselves :)

Scraggers
23-08-2021, 11:38 AM
How many tips?

Top Three :-

The Lipinski File - 131
hose b romero - 129
Maxie57 - 127
ChoConMienTay - 127 (but relegated to fourth on margin)

ratsmac
24-08-2021, 09:49 PM
Unsure Easty ... will the mystery tipper please reveal themselves :)

I'll end the suspense, I am the mystery tipper!!

I still can't believe I won because there where some weeks I thought I was doing terrible. Just not as terrible as others I suppose :)

Eastdog
24-08-2021, 09:51 PM
I'll end the suspense, I am the mystery tipper!!

I still can't believe I won because there where some weeks I thought I was doing terrible. Just not as terrible as others I suppose :)

Well done ratsmac.