PDA

View Full Version : Well that's sorted then - and FINAL TEAM LIST for Round 1 2008

Sockeye Salmon
09-03-2008, 03:59 PM
Our 22 for round 1.

Murphy
Cross
Boyd
Johnson
West
Hahn
Gilbee
Eagleton
Street
Hudson
Griffen
Cooney
Higgins
Hill
Akermanis
Mcdougall
Hargrave
Minson
Welsh
Lake
Morris
Harbrow.

Lock it in, Eddie.

DOG GOD
09-03-2008, 05:19 PM
Has harbrow played a practice game yet? I thought he had shin splints?

hujsh
09-03-2008, 05:26 PM
I thought Williams was back

GVGjr
09-03-2008, 05:42 PM
I thought Williams was back

The big test for Williams will be next weekend playing for the Seagulls

LostDoggy
09-03-2008, 07:01 PM
I would be suprised if Street, Minson and Hudson played in the same team. We have been slow all preseason. I would play Hudson, Minson and Cameron Wight (if Williams and Harris are both unavailable)

GVGjr
09-03-2008, 07:20 PM
I would be suprised if Street, Minson and Hudson played in the same team. We have been slow all preseason. I would play Hudson, Minson and Cameron Wight (if Williams and Harris are both unavailable)

Minson hasn't played in the ruck at all and it's basically been Hudson supported by Street.
My guess is that the three will play in the same team for the first four games at least.

LostDoggy
10-03-2008, 08:49 AM
Minson hasn't played in the ruck at all and it's basically been Hudson supported by Street.
My guess is that the three will play in the same team for the first four games at least.

I'm not convinced on this set up over a full season but it needs time to be prove itself.
Minson does not strike me as a player capable of kicking a bag of goals but he needs to be given his chances.

The Underdog
10-03-2008, 09:21 AM
Funny that Eade mentioned that Cal Ward was in line to debut in rd 1 until he had to pull out of Friday night's practice game, could still be a chance if Harbrow doesn't get up maybe.
Minson has shown glimpses at FF and I think we need to give it 5-6 weeks before we think about changing it. He's still learning but I think his presence can help.
Josh Hill seems a certainty to play now.

Go_Dogs
10-03-2008, 11:11 AM
Looks like a good side to me, I'd be happy with it SS.

Who else could possibly be in the frame - Addison? Tiller? Callan? Let's hope Harbrow and Lake are both back in time. Getting quite excited for Rd 1 - always the best round of the year.

Raw Toast
10-03-2008, 12:44 PM
Sounds like Gia might be pushing for selection as well, and I've got my doubts on Harbrow's fitness. Whatever we do, we need to make sure we don't being in too many running players that are underdone - the Crows will murder us (pun intended) if we do.

Personally I'd love to have Harbrow out there because of the zip he adds, and I think he is one of the players that can help break down Adelaide's midfield press. Gia seems keen as mustard though, and I reckon someone like Welsh will really like his ability to find a forward in a bit of space.

I think Adelaide are a chance to throw Bock, McGregor, Burton and Tippet up forward at the start to try and stretch us again. Might not work as much as it did at the MCG because they'll have less space to run back into, and would be counter their preseason forward line of Goodwin, Edwards and McLeod so it might not happen. Hopefully we'll have someone to put Lake on who doesn't stretch him for pace and fitness.

Mofra
10-03-2008, 02:50 PM
I think Adelaide are a chance to throw Bock, McGregor, Burton and Tippet up forward at the start to try and stretch us again.
I hope so. If we play Morris & Hargrave as undersized defenders (with Lake & Doogs playing as genuine talls) we can try to beat them on the turnovers. Gilbee is another who has beaten talls & played well setting up rebound opportunities.

Unfortunately we seem to be "carrying" a few players to round 1 who wont be 100%. Fingers crossed our elite endurance athletes (Cross, Boyd, West etc) can provide enough defensive pressure to compensate.

Sockeye Salmon
10-03-2008, 04:14 PM
Our 22 for round 1.

Murphy
Cross
Boyd
Johnson
West
Hahn
Gilbee
Eagleton
Street
Hudson
Griffen
Cooney
Higgins
Hill
Akermanis
Mcdougall
Hargrave
Minson
Welsh
Lake
Morris
Harbrow.

Lock it in, Eddie.

Maybe not lock it in just yet.

Eade said this morning that Gia is a genuine chance to play round 1.

Gia in; Harbrow out.

Mantis
10-03-2008, 06:02 PM
I hope so. If we play Morris & Hargrave as undersized defenders (with Lake & Doogs playing as genuine talls) we can try to beat them on the turnovers. Gilbee is another who has beaten talls & played well setting up rebound opportunities.

Unfortunately we seem to be "carrying" a few players to round 1 who wont be 100%. Fingers crossed our elite endurance athletes (Cross, Boyd, West etc) can provide enough defensive pressure to compensate.

They haven't done it in the past so what makes you think it will change this year?

hujsh
10-03-2008, 06:14 PM
They haven't done it in the past so what makes you think it will change this year?

Yeah i would have thought the best at providing pressure are the quick players like the Davey's, Harbrow and Varcoe.

LostDoggy
10-03-2008, 06:17 PM
Yeah i would have thought the best at providing pressure are the quick players like the Davey's, Harbrow and Varcoe.

Cameron Ling isnt overly quick. Its a mindset

hujsh
10-03-2008, 06:22 PM
Cameron Ling isnt overly quick. Its a mindset

He taggs one player. I was thinking more chasing ect

LostDoggy
10-03-2008, 06:28 PM
He taggs one player. I was thinking more chasing ect

Ling doesnt chase? Its got nothing to do with pace. Look at Geelongs midfield last year. Slow as a wet fortnight, very good defensively though

Raw Toast
11-03-2008, 05:04 PM
Our 22 for round 1.

Murphy
Cross
Boyd
Johnson
West
Hahn
Gilbee
Eagleton
Street
Hudson
Griffen
Cooney
Higgins
Hill
Akermanis
Mcdougall
Hargrave
Minson
Welsh
Lake
Morris
Harbrow.

Lock it in, Eddie.

What's Doogs like as a part-time ruck? We'd be more flexible and athletic if Tiller came in for Street and Minson and Doogs shared the 20-25% of rucking that Hudson doesn't do. Street has an awful habit of tapping the ball to Crows players in their forward fifty, and they seem to shark the ball off him with alarming regularity.

LostDoggy
11-03-2008, 05:10 PM
ATM Doogs is needed in the backline full time.

GVGjr
11-03-2008, 05:16 PM
What's Doogs like as a part-time ruck? We'd be more flexible and athletic if Tiller came in for Street and Minson and Doogs shared the 20-25% of rucking that Hudson doesn't do. Street has an awful habit of tapping the ball to Crows players in their forward fifty, and they seem to shark the ball off him with alarming regularity.

I saw Doogs ruck in a Werribee 2nds game and he was very good but other than that I don't think he could do more than just some ruckwork at the throws ins. Wight would be better I think at around the ground ruckwork.

hujsh
11-03-2008, 05:46 PM
Ling doesnt chase? Its got nothing to do with pace. Look at Geelongs midfield last year. Slow as a wet fortnight, very good defensively though

Have you see Ling chase down a quick player like Davey? I already explained i was talking about something diferent

Raw Toast
11-03-2008, 09:11 PM
ATM Doogs is needed in the backline full time.

I think he probably is too, but is Minson then needed all the time in the forward-line? IMO Adelaide is one of the worst teams for Street to play against - while they have only developing rucks, they've showed they can rove to him in the past, and their transition game finds him out big-time.

I guess I was thinking that Tiller could maybe give Doogs a chop-out to play five minutes of ruck a quarter, and could also be thrown forward if need be. Adds to our ability to play tall forward and back and allows us to throw someone like Shaggy forward if need be as well.

I saw Doogs ruck in a Werribee 2nds game and he was very good but other than that I don't think he could do more than just some ruckwork at the throws ins. Wight would be better I think at around the ground ruckwork.

I thought I remembered reports of him doing well in the ruck. I agree that Wight is maybe a better prospect (and I hold more hope for him than I do for Street - though if Street could be taught to hit the ball to the right spots that would be an enormous improvement), but Wight looks like he'll be out for this match.

Dry Rot
18-03-2008, 11:32 AM
Anyone want to post our 2007 Round 22 team and have a crack at ins and outs for Round 1 2008?

Given our dismal end to 2007, it would be interesting to see how the team has changed for this week.

Mantis
18-03-2008, 11:40 AM
Rd 22 vs Kangaroos

B: McMahon, Harris, Morris
HB: McDougall, Williams, Gilbee
C: Eagleton, Cross, Boyd
HF: Murphy, Skipper, Giansiracusa
F: Harbrow, Johnson, Robbins
R: Darcy, Cooney, West
Int: Grant, Wight, Hargrave, Power

5 of those players are no longer on our list.

Dry Rot
18-03-2008, 12:09 PM
Rd 22 vs Kangaroos

Thanks for that NB the last point

Our 22 for round 1.

Murphy
Cross
Boyd
Johnson
West
Hahn
Gilbee
Eagleton
Street
Hudson
Griffen
Cooney
Higgins
Hill
Akermanis
Mcdougall
Hargrave
Minson
Welsh
Lake
Morris
Harbrow.

Lock it in, Eddie.

Gia in; Harbrow out.

Sockeye Salmon
18-03-2008, 12:37 PM
Rd 22 vs Kangaroos

I make it 9 changes from that side.

Outs: Darcy, Grant, Robbins (all retired), McMahon, Power (both traded), Williams, Skipper, Harbrow & Wight (all injured).

Ins: Hahn, Hudson, Griffen, Higgins, Akermanis, Minson, Welsh, Hill, Street.

Some fair in's there!

mjp
18-03-2008, 12:54 PM
Some fair in's there!

Yes, there are a few pretty handy ins. This seems to be escaping almost everyone when looking at our season prospects.

Mantis
18-03-2008, 01:01 PM
Yes, there are a few pretty handy ins. This seems to be escaping almost everyone when looking at our season prospects.

Ssshhh....

Go_Dogs
18-03-2008, 03:15 PM
Yes, let's keep a lid on it, at least until we crush Adelaide. ;)

LostDoggy
18-03-2008, 03:20 PM
Is Lake a certain starter?

Sockeye Salmon
18-03-2008, 03:59 PM
Is Lake a certain starter?

Um, no?

I bloody hope he plays, we are dead-set out of tall defenders. Tiller, maybe?

O'Shea would be the only other one on our list and I'd hate him to come in for his first game before he's ready and play on someone 8cm and 10kgs bigger.

Dry Rot
18-03-2008, 04:38 PM
I make it 9 changes from that side.

Outs: Darcy, Grant, Robbins (all retired), McMahon, Power (both traded), Williams, Skipper, Harbrow & Wight (all injured).

Ins: Hahn, Hudson, Griffen, Higgins, Akermanis, Minson, Welsh, Hill, Street.

Some fair in's there!

Thanks SS.

Round 1 team looks a lot more potent in that light.

Aside from Grant and possibly Williams, you wouldn't swap any the 2007 outs for any of 2008 ins. In addition, IIRC Cross and West weren't fully fit for that game.

Cyberdoggie
18-03-2008, 06:29 PM
Um, no?

I bloody hope he plays, we are dead-set out of tall defenders. Tiller, maybe?

O'Shea would be the only other one on our list and I'd hate him to come in for his first game before he's ready and play on someone 8cm and 10kgs bigger.

rob murphy may have to go back,

has played 40 percent of his pre-season in defence,
held down chb for a while there when we were struggling.

but i agree the fb role is our achilles heal. We lose lake and we look
very vulnerable

Mantis
18-03-2008, 06:49 PM
Thanks SS.

Round 1 team looks a lot more potent in that light.

Aside from Grant and possibly Williams, you wouldn't swap any the 2007 outs for any of 2008 ins. In addition, IIRC Cross and West weren't fully fit for that game.

Would have thought Harbrow would be included before Hill, but for his injury.

Sockeye Salmon
18-03-2008, 09:05 PM
Would have thought Harbrow would be included before Hill, but for his injury.

Fairly minor, though. neither are going to be the game breaker.

Different possies, but I'd rather Williams in the side before Street.

Raw Toast
18-03-2008, 10:35 PM
Fairly minor, though. neither are going to be the game breaker.

Different possies, but I'd rather Williams in the side before Street.

Hill's had an ok preseason but I reckon you're under-rating Harbrow - I think his zip is really important to us and that he is a potential game-breaker.

I agree with Williams in before Street, and don't think we need Street in the side as I've said previously. Maybe we're waiting for Skipper to get fit before we drop him.

hujsh
18-03-2008, 10:47 PM
Hill's had an ok preseason but I reckon you're under-rating Harbrow - I think his zip is really important to us and that he is a potential game-breaker.

I agree with Williams in before Street, and don't think we need Street in the side as I've said previously. Maybe we're waiting for Skipper to get fit before we drop him.

I don't know about that. Would that mean Minson and Skipper are forwards and Minson takes ruck duties when Hudson rests?

The Bulldogs Bite
18-03-2008, 11:17 PM
I don't know about that. Would that mean Minson and Skipper are forwards and Minson takes ruck duties when Hudson rests?

In my opinion, yes.

Minson needs to play a pivotal role in this team and sharing the ruck duties is one of them. We can't afford to play three ruckmen, even if Minson is a rejuvenated 'FF'. Minson needs to be in and amongst the play, it's the only way he'll regain confidence and ultimately, improve as a footballer. I still believe he has the tools and he's only young. Big guys can take a while, but Minson certainly needs to start showing more. This is a fantastic opportunity, one where the entire ruck duties aren't rested upon his shoulders, but where he still plays an important role in two key positions.

Minson is more mobile and agile than Hudson & Street so around the ground, he should be more effective. His skills are OK too so if he can find himself in a position to play a bit of a link-up man to the runners, he's playing a big part. At his best Minson has done this before, at his worst he's running around for Werribee (now Williamstown.)

I can understand the question marks over Minson but IMO he's still a decent prospect and one we definitely should continue to develop. (He has played several good games in his career to date and proven he has talent, consistency/over-aggression are his major flaws). Leaving him to play solely as a FF would hinder his development though IMO, which is why he needs to be thrown into the ruck when Hudson requires a rest. He's capable & the second best option we've got; why wouldn't we use Minson as such? For Street this means he's going to have to push Minson out of the side through very good VFL form. For Skipper, it means he's going to have to command a FF/CHF type position.

hujsh
18-03-2008, 11:36 PM
In my opinion, yes.

Minson needs to play a pivotal role in this team and sharing the ruck duties is one of them. We can't afford to play three ruckmen, even if Minson is a rejuvenated 'FF'. Minson needs to be in and amongst the play, it's the only way he'll regain confidence and ultimately, improve as a footballer. I still believe he has the tools and he's only young. Big guys can take a while, but Minson certainly needs to start showing more. This is a fantastic opportunity, one where the entire ruck duties aren't rested upon his shoulders, but where he still plays an important role in two key positions.

Minson is more mobile and agile than Hudson & Street so around the ground, he should be more effective. His skills are OK too so if he can find himself in a position to play a bit of a link-up man to the runners, he's playing a big part. At his best Minson has done this before, at his worst he's running around for Werribee (now Williamstown.)

I can understand the question marks over Minson but IMO he's still a decent prospect and one we definitely should continue to develop. (He has played several good games in his career to date and proven he has talent, consistency/over-aggression are his major flaws). Leaving him to play solely as a FF would hinder his development though IMO, which is why he needs to be thrown into the ruck when Hudson requires a rest. He's capable & the second best option we've got; why wouldn't we use Minson as such? For Street this means he's going to have to push Minson out of the side through very good VFL form. For Skipper, it means he's going to have to command a FF/CHF type position.

As long as Skipper isn't the ruckman it would be OK with me

Raw Toast
18-03-2008, 11:41 PM
In my opinion, yes.

I also think throwing Minson into the ruck when Hudson has a rest is a good option if it allows us to bring in someone who adds more to the team than Street, but from what we've seen so far this is unlikely to happen, at least not initially.

If Minson doesn't relieve Hudson in the ruck then Skipper will I reckon. He showed a bit late last year and is ok late in quarters because he can come in and jump over tired opponents (or at least make a contest if the other team also brings in a second stringer). He too can add more around the ground than Street or (from what we've seen) Hudson.

The Coon Dog
18-03-2008, 11:43 PM
One of the beauties of Minson playing forward is that when the balls down there he can take the ruckwork. Presents a dilema for the opposition ruckman; does he stay with Hudson or go down back & compete against Will?

If he stays with Huddo, then Will should be able to defeat his direct opponent (a defender remember) & either give us first use or hopefully draw a free kick.

If he goes down to compete with Will, Huddo has to be smart & put himself in the best possible position to ensure he makes some sort of positive influence should the ball come out of defence.

Sounds good in theory.

Sockeye Salmon
19-03-2008, 12:49 AM
As long as Skipper isn't the ruckman it would be OK with me

I think the opposite.

Skipper has no idea as a forward but he could possibly be a back-up ruckman - possibly.

If he was two inches taller he would actually be a good ruckman, but he ain't. His tapwork is the best in the club and he's mobile and skilled enough, he's just too short to get his hand on the ball.

He'll go back to West Perth and win a Sandover in the next year or two.

LostDoggy
19-03-2008, 11:23 AM

Gia in; Harbrow out.

Perfect Bulldogs by 11 points

Lock that in Eddie

hujsh
19-03-2008, 02:34 PM
I think the opposite.

Skipper has no idea as a forward but he could possibly be a back-up ruckman - possibly.

If he was two inches taller he would actually be a good ruckman, but he ain't. His tapwork is the best in the club and he's mobile and skilled enough, he's just too short to get his hand on the ball.

He'll go back to West Perth and win a Sandover in the next year or two.

If Skipper rucks it is for his work around the ground which i like.

Last year he was one of the few who would kick the ball

Go_Dogs
19-03-2008, 06:18 PM
If Skipper rucks it is for his work around the ground which i like.

Last year he was one of the few who would kick the ball

With a kicking efficiency of about 10% mind you. But your right, I still prefer someone who actually gets involved around the ground a bit more. Hopefully that is an aspect Hudson has been working on too.

hujsh
19-03-2008, 06:24 PM
With a kicking efficiency of about 10% mind you. But your right, I still prefer someone who actually gets involved around the ground a bit more. Hopefully that is an aspect Hudson has been working on too.

It was the big bloke in the square moving well and ready to kicked that looked good. Can't say much about what happened after. But doesn't look like Hudson will be that mobile.

LostDoggy
20-03-2008, 07:05 PM
Brennan Stack and Hill in, Andrew Mac and Tim Callan not picked.

Dry Rot
20-03-2008, 07:26 PM
Brennan Stack and Hill in, Andrew Mac and Tim Callan not picked.

Got the full list?

The Coon Dog
20-03-2008, 07:44 PM
WESTERN BULLDOGS v ADELAIDE
Sunday March 23, 1.10pm AEST, Telstra Dome

WESTERN BULLDOGS
B: Lindsay Gilbee, Brian Lake, Dale Morris
HB: Ryan Hargrave, Cameron Wight, Ryan Griffen
C: Jason Akermanis, Scott West, Nathan Eagleton
HF: Robert Murphy, Mitch Hahn, Brad Johnson
F: Shaun Higgins, Will Minson, Scott Welsh
Foll: Ben Hudson, Adam Cooney, Daniel Cross
I/C (from): Dylan Addison, Matthew Boyd, Daniel Giasiracusa, Josh Hill, Brennan Stack, Peter Street, Stephen Tiller

New: Scott Welsh (Adelaide), Ben Hudson (Adelaide), Brennan Stack (Perth)

ADELAIDE
B: Graham Johncock, Ben Rutten, Nathan Bassett
HB: Michael Doughty, Nathan Bock, Simon Goodwin
C: Richard Douglas, Scott Thompson, Nathan van Berlo
HF: Bernie Vince, Scott Stevens, Andrew McLeod
F: Jason Porplyzia, Ken McGregor, Brett Burton
Foll: Jonathon Griffin, Brent Reilly, Tyson Edwards
I/C (from): Kurt Tippett, Robert Shirley, David Mackay, Brad Symes, Ivan Maric, Luke Jericho, Bryce Campbell

New: Kurt Tippett (Southport), David Mackay (Oakleigh Under-18s), Brad Symes (Port Adelaide)

AFL Website (http://afl.com.au/tabid/208/Default.aspx?newsid=56560)

hujsh
20-03-2008, 08:26 PM
So McDougall can't get a game ahead of Tiller... gawn

GVGjr
20-03-2008, 08:41 PM

A bit harsh there. Lets give him some more time.

Sockeye Salmon
20-03-2008, 09:04 PM

I've got a lot more faith in Mcdougall than I do in Tiller

hujsh
20-03-2008, 09:10 PM
A bit harsh there. Lets give him some more time.

I've got a lot more faith in Mcdougall than I do in Tiller

I'm saying that if he can't get in ahead of Tiller for even an emergency spot then he must just about be gone. It'll take quite a bit to get in the side especially once Williams and Everitt are back.

GVGjr
20-03-2008, 09:24 PM
I'm saying that if he can't get in ahead of Tiller for even an emergency spot then he must just about be gone. It'll take quite a bit to get in the side especially once Williams and Everitt are back.

Wight has pushed him out not Tiller. Tiller might be there more in a possible forward capacity.
Not a great sign for McDougall but also its not like his card has been marked either.
The Crows are going in with a small forward structure although they may decided to stack it with talls like Tippett and Bock but essentially it looks like it came down to either him or Wight.

hujsh
20-03-2008, 09:35 PM
Wight has pushed him out not Tiller. Tiller might be there more in a possible forward capacity.
Not a great sign for McDougall but also its not like his card has been marked either.
The Crows are going in with a small forward structure although they may decided to stack it with talls like Tippett and Bock but essentially it looks like it came down to either him or Wight.

Just because he was widely tipped for the starting 18 i would have thought he would make the emergencies.

The Coon Dog
20-03-2008, 10:48 PM
Everyone seems to just take it for granted Doogs has been overlooked. Anyone know if it is team balance or injury of some type?

Sockeye Salmon
20-03-2008, 11:51 PM
I thought Wight did a hammy v Carlton? That's only a 2 week recovery.

hujsh
21-03-2008, 12:15 AM
Everyone seems to just take it for granted Doogs has been overlooked. Anyone know if it is team balance or injury of some type?

Maybe he will play and Wight will be pulled out as a bluff;)

LostDoggy
21-03-2008, 12:49 AM

Not everyone TCD, just hujch. He doesnt seem to like the fella.

hujsh
21-03-2008, 01:11 AM
Not everyone TCD, just hujch. He doesnt seem to like the fella.

Yeah! Damn that hujch, whoever he is.

I don't not like him, just feel that he may have been written by the coaching staff, which may seem weird being only round 1 and all, but if he can't get a game now then he is in a seriously deep hole.

Would love to see him become a good AFL player like i would all dogs

Go_Dogs
21-03-2008, 09:29 AM
Yeah! Damn that hujch, whoever he is.

I don't not like him, just feel that he may have been written by the coaching staff, which may seem weird being only round 1 and all, but if he can't get a game now then he is in a seriously deep hole.

Would love to see him become a good AFL player like i would all dogs

I understand the point you are making and I tend to agree. Unless McDougall is injured, I find it astonishing that Wight, a bloke who was apparently being trained as a forward all summer, has been selected for a key backline role ahead of McDougall who I thought showed enough towards the end of last year and start of this year to suggest he can become a solid 2nd or 3rd tall in our defensive line.

Add to that the fact that Wight and Stack are apparently injured :confused: it is quite a weird set of selections.

From those listed on the bench surely Boyd, Gia and Street all have to play - will be interesting to see who the 4th bloke selected is.

The Underdog
21-03-2008, 10:41 AM
I understand the point you are making and I tend to agree. Unless McDougall is injured, I find it astonishing that Wight, a bloke who was apparently being trained as a forward all summer, has been selected for a key backline role ahead of McDougall who I thought showed enough towards the end of last year and start of this year to suggest he can become a solid 2nd or 3rd tall in our defensive line.

Add to that the fact that Wight and Stack are apparently injured :confused: it is quite a weird set of selections.

From those listed on the bench surely Boyd, Gia and Street all have to play - will be interesting to see who the 4th bloke selected is.

I'm pretty sure it'll be Hill, Eade seemed to indicate that he'd done enough, although Tiller might get the spot for tall depth. I'm a bit confused by the non-selection of Doogs. Not that i think he's an automatic selection but I thought he'd showed enough to at least be in the squad. Hope he doesn't take it as badly as he did last year.

wb_age
21-03-2008, 12:04 PM
Surely Doogs' form in the practice matches didn't warrant selection, he has been beyond ordinary and his lack of composure/presence is the reason he is not getting a game!

LostDoggy
21-03-2008, 12:09 PM
Surely Doogs' form in the practice matches didn't warrant selection, he has been beyond ordinary and his lack of composure/presence is the reason he is not getting a game!

Im not fussed that he didnt get a game but his form wasnt bad. Sure he got thrashed by Lucas but his game against Carlton was more than OK.

The Underdog
21-03-2008, 12:23 PM

Was it any worse than Wight's form? He certainly didn't set the world alight and doesn't exactly ooze composure or presence. I'm not having a go, I just don't think there is that much between the two. Wight is also only 2 weeks removed from a hamstring supposedly. They must be fairly confident of Lake & Wight's fitness, to not even name Doogs in the 25. Maybe they view Wight as a good matchup for McGregor or Tippett and have picked him ahead of Doogs for that reason.
There is also a post on BF mentioning that Tiller has a bad case of the flu, which if true puts him out of calculations. Would seem to be Gia/Boyd/Street and one of Hill or Addison for the bench.

The Coon Dog
21-03-2008, 06:46 PM
WESTERN BULLDOGS v ADELAIDE
Sunday March 23, 1.10pm AEST, Telstra Dome

WESTERN BULLDOGS
B: Lindsay Gilbee, Brian Lake, Dale Morris
HB: Ryan Hargrave, Cameron Wight, Ryan Griffen
C: Jason Akermanis, Scott West, Nathan Eagleton
HF: Robert Murphy, Mitch Hahn, Brad Johnson
F: Shaun Higgins, Will Minson, Scott Welsh
Foll: Ben Hudson, Adam Cooney, Daniel Cross
I/C: Dylan Addison, Matthew Boyd, Daniel Giansiracusa, Josh Hill
EMG: Andrew McDougall, Brennan Stack, Peter Street

New: Scott Welsh (Adelaide), Ben Hudson (Adelaide), Brennan Stack (Perth)

ADELAIDE
B: Graham Johncock, Ben Rutten, Nathan Bassett
HB: Michael Doughty, Nathan Bock, Simon Goodwin
C: Richard Douglas, Scott Thompson, Nathan van Berlo
HF: Bernie Vince, Scott Stevens, Andrew McLeod
F: Jason Porplyzia, Ken McGregor, Brett Burton
Foll: Jonathon Griffin, Brent Reilly, Tyson Edwards
I/C: Kurt Tippett, Robert Shirley, David Mackay, Brad Symes
EMG: Bryce Campbell, Ivan Maric, Luke Jericho

New: Kurt Tippett (Southport), David Mackay (Oakleigh Under-18s), Brad Symes (Port Adelaide)

*Steven Tiller is ill & has been replaced in the squad by Doogs, who along with Street & Stack make up the emergencies.

AFL Website (http://afl.com.au/tabid/208/Default.aspx?newsid=56560)

hujsh
21-03-2008, 06:48 PM
So Street discarded since Hudson will only need smallish breaks to be provided by Minson, while Wight can forget all this CHF ideas and go back. Strong enough side on paper

Bulldog Revolution
22-03-2008, 08:40 PM
So Street dicarded since Hudson will only need smallish breaks to be provided by Minson, while Wight can forget all this CHF ideas and go back. Strong enough side on paper

Agreed when i looked through both the Age and Herald Sun liftouts I really felt that if our players stood up and played to their abilities then we were amongst the top 8 teams

There is plenty of talent that really should be ready to have a huge impact on the competition