PDA

View Full Version : The Moment - Rnd 1, 2021 vs Collingwood Magpies

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
19-03-2021, 08:22 AM
The moment, the best, most courageous moment that caught your eye in tonight's game against Collingwood. Was it the moment that told you 'we've got this' or 'we lost this one right here'? Or was it the moment that you went 'wow....that is crazy courage.

GVGjr
19-03-2021, 10:27 PM
Bump

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
19-03-2021, 11:48 PM
Gee. Bont could've owned the moment for good or bad.
Huge statement mark, and then a pitiful finish, which really left the door ajar.

Probably 2 moments. One Martin's goal. Just took the wind out of their sails.

But in retrospect, for me it was English's first ruck contest against Grubdy. He used his body well, and didn't allow Grundy to assert himself.

Thanks goodness The Moment didn't turn out to be GrantysGhost's comment at the end of the 3rd that we had this in the bag!

bornadog
20-03-2021, 12:01 AM
When Ads got his first touch and Naughton put it through

AshMac
20-03-2021, 12:04 AM
Call me a hopeless romantic but I loved when Treloar got a round of applause from the whole crowd

jazzadogs
20-03-2021, 12:54 AM
Call me a hopeless romantic but I loved when Treloar got a round of applause from the whole crowd

That was a really sweet moment. I wonder if most of the deadsh!t Pies fans had left the ground by that stage.

I didn't feel safe until Stef's goal, but my individual highlights were VDMs chase-down tackle, and also his chase to put pressure on Pendlebury waltzing through the middle late in the third. His pressure is elite and gets me out of my seat.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
20-03-2021, 12:56 AM
That was a really sweet moment. I wonder if most of the deadsh!t Pies fans had left the ground by that stage.

I didn't feel safe until Stef's goal, but my individual highlights were VDMs chase-down tackle, and also his chase to put pressure on Pendlebury waltzing through the middle late in the third. His pressure is elite and gets me out of my seat.

I was gobsmacked they booed him on his first position? What the hell did he do wrong?? He bloody wanted to stay??? And he's been demonstrative (almost to the threshold of it being annoying) in stating how he loves the club.......They are morons

comrade
20-03-2021, 02:41 AM
My favourite moment was Timmy outmarking Grundy. After years of torment, he had a good game and finally had a moment to shine.

AshMac
20-03-2021, 09:24 AM
My favourite moment was Timmy outmarking Grundy. After years of torment, he had a good game and finally had a moment to shine.

He played with a confidence and vigour I don’t think I’ve seen in him. Was better holding marks and seemed to cover more ground when it was his turn. Sure he’s probably not exhausted like he would have been in other years, but I reckon Stef Martin’s presence also makes him stand a few inches taller

1eyedog
20-03-2021, 09:55 AM
Collingwood false cheering Grundy late when the game was decided. Music to my ears.

bulldogsthru&thru
20-03-2021, 10:12 AM
The moment for me was Dunkley getting a late spoil on I think Adams marking it in the 3rd. Ball goes down the other end and we goal to get some breathing space. Had they marked and goaled from that, it would have been a different game.

bulldogsthru&thru
20-03-2021, 10:14 AM
I was gobsmacked they booed him on his first position? What the hell did he do wrong?? He bloody wanted to stay??? And he's been demonstrative (almost to the threshold of it being annoying) in stating how he loves the club.......They are morons

I couldn’t believe it. How can you be so stupid? There’s one-eyed and then there’s that.

I hope that’s the last we hear of it. I’m over hearing how much love a bulldogs player has for Collingwood. I get it. It would have been tough for Adam and he’s free to express himself. But hopefully that’s the last of it. Hopefully he got some closure from that game and can now focus on his new journey with us.

Grantysghost
20-03-2021, 10:34 AM
My moment was LVM getting the crazy eyes and giving it to the pies player in the second qtr.
He really has that agro I think we need. Really good young player.

Jeanette54
20-03-2021, 01:07 PM
To my mind the moment was the opening passage of play. Martin crashing Grundy, Bont to Macrae, and then Martin adding his strength to the ball drop in the forward line. Hello, the boys are ON tonight.

Twodogs
20-03-2021, 01:15 PM
Martin's goal. Just the fact he had the composure to get it onto his foot and send it rolling goalward. Destiny took care of everything else. It was a nice bit of kismet that we just haven't seemed to enjoy when it really mattered for a long long time.

Pendlebury hitting the post in the last quarter seemed to knock a bit of spirit out of the pies too. I think they may have kicked another goal in the game but it was noticible that a few of their heads dropped when that ball hit the post.

The Adelaide Connection
20-03-2021, 01:51 PM
When LVDM stormed through and confidently nailed the first, I knew we’d be ok.

I fear the build up of pressure from repeated points we often suffer from early in games.

SonofScray
20-03-2021, 02:07 PM
Baz tackle on Pendles for the goal. Flag bound.

merantau
20-03-2021, 02:18 PM
The first Vandermeer goal was a think of beauty scripted by Ring Master Daniel off half back. Free flowing football at its best.

josie
20-03-2021, 03:29 PM
The first Vandermeer goal was a think of beauty scripted by Ring Master Daniel off half back. Free flowing football at its best.

Yep. Beaut description. My new nickname for Daniel is the “architect” and I am starting to think he is our most important player. So many of our players look to him to create and he seems to be everywhere at once- must have a huge tank. I loved that mark he took despite being outsized & seemingly out positioned at pies 50 mark. Just willed himself and took a beauty.

Love Caleb to bits & VDM fast becoming a crowd fave.

Happy Days
20-03-2021, 04:29 PM
When we kicked our third goal and Buckley decided he wanted to not lose instead of win. Never really felt close at any stage even though we never cracked open a big lead.

Hotdog60
21-03-2021, 11:03 AM
I'll pick out the ruck division. Martin at the first bounce you knew things were going to be different this time around.
Timmy gain confidence and not let Grundy dictate the terms.
I hope Stef is giving equal time with Sweet as Martin may only last this season and Jordan is a big Lad and could step in next season as main ruck and let Timmy do his thing relieving.

Ozza
22-03-2021, 11:17 PM
When we kicked our third goal and Buckley decided he wanted to not lose instead of win. Never really felt close at any stage even though we never cracked open a big lead.

Yeah, I agree with this. Although we never had a big lead, I did comment during the game that I couldn't see a scenario where the pies could put multiple goals on us.

For me, a big moment was when Bruce kicked long to English - perfectly in between 3 defenders for English to mark and goal.