PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations Libba 150th this week

bornadog
23-03-2021, 05:57 PM
Seems to have gone so quickly.

A B&F winner and an important player in our midfield. Libba is a contested ball beast and has been playing some great footy since he came back from his awful knee problem.

Congrats Libba, a real favourite

Some highlights from 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unRGOom7PhI&ab_channel=HighlightsHQ

1eyedog
23-03-2021, 06:26 PM
Knees have held up well let's hope they continue to do so to get him to 200 and life membership.

Grantysghost
23-03-2021, 06:33 PM
He's a star. Always puts his team mates to great
advantage. One of my favourites, I regularly shake my head in admiration watching him. Let's hope we can get him a win for his milestone game.

Vred
23-03-2021, 06:42 PM
Knees have held up well let's hope they continue to do so to get him to 200 and life membership.

Now that he regularly injects concrete into his knees I think he'll be fine for the forseeable future

Twodogs
23-03-2021, 06:46 PM
Seems to have gone so quickly.

A B&F winner and an important player in our midfield. Libba is a contested ball beast and has been playing some great footy since he came back from his awful knee problem.

Congrats Libba, a real favourite

Some highlights from 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unRGOom7PhI&ab_channel=HighlightsHQ

And more importantly a premiership player. Somebody wins a B and F every year but only a few have premiership medallions.

Bumper Bulldogs
23-03-2021, 10:14 PM
He is a gun. No doubt at all. Shame he has missed so much time but I’m positive he will end up a two time premiership player

Best of luck for your 150th. The boys won’t let him down this week.

josie
23-03-2021, 10:28 PM
He is a gun. No doubt at all. Shame he has missed so much time but I’m positive he will end up a two time premiership player

Nice post. Share your sentiments. Onya Libba-you are a ripper. Confident Libba is helping young ones like Westy so they can eventually replace his big big shoes.

Eastdog
23-03-2021, 10:36 PM
Great player and he was remarkable last season. Love his 2020 season expect him to continue on that form into 2021. Congrats Libba on 150 games one of them being a premiership!

bornadog
23-03-2021, 11:44 PM
And more importantly a premiership player. Somebody wins a B and F every year but only a few have premiership medallions.

Etched in history.

He was sensational in 2016 and one of the reasons why we won the premiership:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7R4YjVylTxM&ab_channel=HighlightsHQ

dalek
24-03-2021, 09:53 AM
Congratulations to Tom.

Axe Man
24-03-2021, 10:09 AM

Did he win one with the Vietnam Swans a few weeks after the AFL premiership? ;)

Only player to hit a century during an AFL grand final, and surprisingly off the bowling of Colin Miller.

If not for 2 knees he would be around 200 games by now, but a great effort to still be out there performing at a high level.

Happy Days
24-03-2021, 10:25 AM
Libba is obviously a gun, but extra shout out to being the last of a dying breed; an actual honest to god relatable AFL player who is unashamedly himself and is all the easier to get behind for it.

Mofra
24-03-2021, 12:04 PM
Our no 1 'fly the flag' player and our best 'phonebox' player

GVGjr
24-03-2021, 12:29 PM
Our no 1 'fly the flag' player and our best 'phonebox' player

Perfectly summed up. Thanks

comrade
24-03-2021, 12:33 PM
He's the 1 bloke you want in the middle when the game is at its hottest. He has never shirked a contest in his life.

Fingers crossed we can nurse him through for another 3+ years of good footy, he is incredibly important to our fortunes.

Happy Days
24-03-2021, 12:35 PM
He's the 1 bloke you want in the middle when the game is at its hottest. He has never shirked a contest in his life.

Fingers crossed we can nurse him through for another 3+ years of good footy, he is incredibly important to our fortunes.

I think he’s never been better than right now, and he’s definitely never been fitter. No reason he can’t keep it going for at least that long.

The Pie Man
24-03-2021, 01:07 PM

I’m amazed how he gets a kick away out of some contests, especially given his injury history.

I’d written him off too, but he’s been exceptional, and easy to love. Very important going forward

Rocket Science
24-03-2021, 02:05 PM
TFW you about to slice 'em up with that audacious left boot.

https://i.ibb.co/LkWVf59/Libba.png (https://ibb.co/C1ZRF2V)

Boundless love for the beating heart of this group.

Needs another flag ... and a few more stickers.

whythelongface
24-03-2021, 02:22 PM
He would surely be the first player picked each week. He doesn’t ooze the class or silk of Bont, Bazalenka, Treloar, Dunks and Macrae but he complements them so well by providing the grunt, ball usage, tackling etc for others to weave their magic.

Libba is a star. Well done and look forward to many more years in the RWB.

Topdog
24-03-2021, 02:58 PM

I agree with you BUT 18 players win a B&F every year, 22 win a premiership medallion

EasternWest
24-03-2021, 03:01 PM
an actual honest to god relatable AFL player who is unashamedly himself .

Pfft. Implying Trent Cotchin is not.

Topdog
24-03-2021, 03:02 PM
Probably the best player from his draft in what was a shocking year.

Only 150 games is a real shame, Gaff from the same draft is at over 210 so we've been robbed of a lot of watching Tom.

Absolutely love watching him every week.

Bulldog Revolution
24-03-2021, 07:18 PM
Absolute gun - I personally feel very lucky to have been able to watch two generations of Liberatores

Fine footballer is Tom, because he doesnt crave the limelight he is perhaps underrated - his 2016 finals campaign was insanely good, and hes still central to our success

jeemak
24-03-2021, 07:43 PM
Probably the best player from his draft in what was a shocking year.

Only 150 games is a real shame, Gaff from the same draft is at over 210 so we've been robbed of a lot of watching Tom.

Absolutely love watching him every week.

I wonder how many share your view that Tom's as good as if not better than Gaff? Tom's a premiership player, Gaff's a multiple All Australian.

Reckon Gaff takes the chocolates, though they're fairly incomparable in terms of the roles they play.

Really hope Libba gets to 200 games, it would be a really good outcome for someone who has had some rocky times both physically and mentally/ attitudinally.

He's in ripping nick and is so important to us in the role he plays.

josie
24-03-2021, 09:18 PM
I wonder how many share your view that Tom's as good as if not better than Gaff? Tom's a premiership player, Gaff's a multiple All Australian.

Reckon Gaff takes the chocolates, though they're fairly incomparable in terms of the roles they play.

Really hope Libba gets to 200 games, it would be a really good outcome for someone who has had some rocky times both physically and mentally/ attitudinally.

He's in ripping nick and is so important to us in the role he plays.

I’d take Libba, although Gaff is a gun. Gaff well held in but of round 1 game I saw. Hope we blanket him too.

ratsmac
24-03-2021, 11:11 PM
Love love love this lad. If he retired today he'll be remembered as a legend of the RWB. Our midfield walks taller when he is there. Like his Dad he bleeds RWB. Probably the most underestimated player in the comp. Love his quirkiness and that he is his own man. Legend.

Congratulations on a fine career to date Libba.

jeemak
25-03-2021, 12:04 AM
I’d take Libba, although Gaff is a gun. Gaff well held in but of round 1 game I saw. Hope we blanket him too.

It's an interesting one. Libba is super important to us, but prior to Baz's game Friday night I'd have been really eager for someone else to match with Hunter on the other wing.............

Bumper Bulldogs
25-03-2021, 08:22 AM

I recon you might be wrong here. I think that 17 coaches would pick Libba in the side before Gaff

Happy Days
25-03-2021, 09:16 AM
I reckon Gaff loses a lot of points for missing the 2018 flag. Not just because he isn’t a premiership player, or because he king hit a teenager which was totally an accident and had nothing to do with it specifically being a player physically smaller than him and he totally didn’t mean it and he’s so sorry you guys, but because his team got it done without him.

Anyone reckon we win in 2016 without Libba? I don’t.

AshMac
25-03-2021, 09:17 AM
It’s impossible not to love him. Makes every other dogs player stand a few inches taller, wouldn’t want it in anyone else’s hands in tight. Looks like he’s in great shape and form this year too - he’s a match winner!

Great stuff Libba. Western suburbs royalty!

I'm Not Bitter Anymore!
25-03-2021, 02:37 PM
He has a football brain

jeemak
25-03-2021, 02:59 PM
I reckon Gaff loses a lot of points for missing the 2018 flag. Not just because he isn’t a premiership player, or because he king hit a teenager which was totally an accident and had nothing to do with it specifically being a player physically smaller than him and he totally didn’t mean it and he’s so sorry you guys, but because his team got it done without him.

It's not a bad point you make. Though I do think that we'd have been a solid chance to get it done going in without Libba because we on a different plane of existence during that finals series.

And you're right about Gaff, the stupid unco was just flailing his arms around like he always does and definitely didn't know exactly what he was doing in an act of cheap opportunism.

Grantysghost
25-03-2021, 04:14 PM

Nope no chance at all.

bornadog
25-03-2021, 06:03 PM
Libba special guest

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtuSHPRnxq4&ab_channel=WesternBulldogs

Topdog
26-03-2021, 09:23 AM
I'm all on board for the Dazzler

1eyedog
26-03-2021, 10:30 AM

Nah they would have stopped us in the Prelim assuming we even got that far.

The Doctor
26-03-2021, 12:16 PM
Go Libba!!!

KT31
26-03-2021, 10:58 PM
Congrats, hope he gets to 250.
red white and blue through and through

Twodogs
26-03-2021, 11:24 PM
TFW you about to slice 'em up with that audacious left boot.

https://i.ibb.co/LkWVf59/Libba.png (https://ibb.co/C1ZRF2V)

Boundless love for the beating heart of this group.

Needs another flag ... and a few more stickers.

Especially another premiership sticker. And I want to see him do another victory dance.

I agree with you BUT 18 players win a B&F every year, 22 win a premiership medallion

Interesting point.

I reckon Gaff loses a lot of points for missing the 2018 flag. Not just because he isn’t a premiership player, or because he king hit a teenager which was totally an accident and had nothing to do with it specifically being a player physically smaller than him and he totally didn’t mean it and he’s so sorry you guys, but because his team got it done without him..

I believe it's called a coward punch these days.

Nope. Shaw and GWS would have knocked us out in the prelim I reckon. Libba slayed their biggame hunter.

SonofScray
27-03-2021, 08:49 AM
Feels like a 300 gamer already, such is his value and the depth of his journey in red, white and blue. It must have been hard to carry the name into his own career, but Tom has certainly left his own mark to this point in time.

A special player.

comrade
27-03-2021, 10:47 AM
He lives in Footscray and owns a Bulldog. If you cut him open, he’d bleed red white blue.

angelopetraglia
27-03-2021, 12:03 PM
Just watched the highlight reel the club just pushed out across socials. It made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. Just puts everything on the line in every match and when we are at our best his is always in the team and firing.

Just imagine how good he would be if he had not had the trauma of two ACLs ... one on each knee. It's not just the trauma to the knee that these type of injuries set you back, it's that it halts the compounding power of small improvements that generate large returns over a long period of time. To sit out of footy for an entire year and then start from scratch is a difficult task.

kruder
27-03-2021, 02:03 PM
Love Libba!

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
28-03-2021, 09:15 PM
So glad we rose to the occasion for his 150th. Even better that Libba had a big say in the result late, with his relentless desire to compete in the clinches. His clearance to set up a goal to Naughts was a real big moment. If that ball comes out of the scrimmage (and if almost any other Dogs player was in there it probably would've) West Coast had the runners outside to capitalise.
He just is so deceptively strong. To win possession and then break free enough to scunge a kick out was immense.