PDA

View Full Version : The Moment: Rnd 4, 2021 vs Brisbane Lions

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
10-04-2021, 03:45 PM
The moment, the best, most courageous moment that caught your eye in today's game against Brisbane. Was it the moment that told you 'we've got this' or 'we lost this one right here'? Or was it the moment that you went 'wow....that is crazy courage.

hujsh
10-04-2021, 04:51 PM
Any time it happens it's always Macrae kicking a goal

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
10-04-2021, 05:20 PM
For an alternative, I'll go English's mark and goal late in the 3rd, just after Brisbane had scored two in a row, and were inching their way back. That put us back with over a 3 goal margin.

westdog54
10-04-2021, 06:10 PM
I only watched the last quarter, and the result was fairly safe, but Bailey Dale's mark running back with the flight late in the last.

He spills it, good chance Brisbane get a goal out of it and give themselves a sniff.

Instead he holds a mark that would have been bloody hard to judge

comrade
10-04-2021, 06:21 PM
I only watched the last quarter, and the result was fairly safe, but Bailey Dale's mark running back with the flight late in the last.

He spills it, good chance Brisbane get a goal out of it and give themselves a sniff.

Instead he holds a mark that would have been bloody hard to judge

Yeah, he was fantastic all day. His short and long kicking off half back is such a weapon too. Rapt for him.

SonofScray
11-04-2021, 07:59 AM
Macrae’s goal was pretty good. One of his best.

AshMac
11-04-2021, 08:10 AM
Macrae’s goal was special.

I honestly spent the whole game on edge, when Libba overturned that kick to Bailey you could feel the momentum swing... when he kicked the last goal with 8 seconds to go, that was the moment I knew we’d win :)

merantau
11-04-2021, 08:33 AM
For me it was a momentless game. It was just a "grinding away at a stone" sort of game. We administered "death by a thousand cuts" to Brisbane and the last - the moment- was Bailey Smith's douuble fend off which resulted in Libba's goal. It was the end note of a game where we said: "No matter what you throw at us we are always going to have the answers and we will 'out will' you and do you in the end.

The Bulldogs Bite
11-04-2021, 09:06 AM
Agree with the moments / comments above.

It wasn't a game changer but I loved Lewis Young running down Zac Bailey on the wing who is super quick. How it wasn't paid HTB was putrid but the effort a d execution by Young was brilliant.

Go_Dogs
11-04-2021, 09:29 AM
Lachie Hunter bending his snap goal through early. Right at my eye level about 10 metres away. Lovely kick. Set the tone and given his goal kicking can be hit and miss, let everyone know we were up for it.

Go_Dogs
11-04-2021, 09:30 AM
Also agree on the speed Young and Naughts showed at times. Boy they’re fast!

Mantis
11-04-2021, 10:26 AM
Lachie Hunter bending his snap goal through early. Right at my eye level about 10 metres away. Lovely kick. Set the tone and given his goal kicking can be hit and miss, let everyone know we were up for it.

I have more confidence in him kicking a goal from the boundary than from 25m out straight in front.

hujsh
11-04-2021, 11:53 AM
Agree with the moments / comments above.

It wasn't a game changer but I loved Lewis Young running down Zac Bailey on the wing who is super quick. How it wasn't paid HTB was putrid but the effort a d execution by Young was brilliant.

That may actually have been the most impressive moment for him in the game.

Contrasted quite a bit to IIRC Gadiner being run around by Ryan (WCE) to get the shot at goal from the square instead of the boundary. Was a bit frustrated that Ryan got through for that easy goal (good as he is) so seeing Young with that agility to cut off an opponent in similar circumstances bodes well for him making the spot permanent.

Go_Dogs
11-04-2021, 12:01 PM
I have more confidence in him kicking a goal from the boundary than from 25m out straight in front.

Agreed. Said that exact thing at the time.

dadsgirl16
11-04-2021, 11:06 PM
I was convinced Libba had handed them the moment..instead it was his goal with 15 seconds to go I relaxed.

jeemak
11-04-2021, 11:36 PM
Yeah, he was fantastic all day. His short and long kicking off half back is such a weapon too. Rapt for him.

He gets such a nice trajectory on his longer kicks, there was a couple in the last that were lovely to see.

boydogs
12-04-2021, 12:12 AM
I thought Bailey Smith's goal in the 3rd arrested Brisbane's momentum as they tried to mount a comeback with the breeze in the 3rd. Naughton fluffed a couple of chances and it was looking like there was a wall in front of the goals at that end before Bailey's clinical finish

jeemak
12-04-2021, 01:00 AM
I thought Bailey Smith's goal in the 3rd arrested Brisbane's momentum as they tried to mount a comeback with the breeze in the 3rd. Naughton fluffed a couple of chances and it was looking like there was a wall in front of the goals at that end before Bailey's clinical finish

That's a really good call. It looked as if the Lions had stepped it up and I commented to my friend the game has gone up a notch and we need to find one or two.

Was also good to see Bailey confidently put a set shot through against the wind as he's had a few yippy moments in the last year or so.

jeemak
12-04-2021, 02:36 AM
Special mention to the goal post getting in the way of the shot on goal from McArthy twenty minutes into the third after the Hipwood goal. Brisbane were up and about and a goal then would have really made it tight.

Ozza
12-04-2021, 09:47 AM
I felt pretty comfortable after we won the first quarter - and that 1st quarter lead was set up by Tim English. His goal late in the third was probably the moment that removed any little doubt.

Wasn't an overly memorable game, but we were never really a risk of losing to a team that was top 4 last season. We deserve to have a lot of faith in this bulldogs team.

Mofra
12-04-2021, 10:12 AM
Tim English's set shot in the third after his "mark" on Adams.
It halted Brisbane's run and was the type of shot most 207cm+ guys in windy conditions just can't nail.

FrediKanoute
12-04-2021, 07:34 PM
My moment was when English nails a mark in the first, goes back and slots and then does it again moments later - against the wind.

His ability to rise up and take two good marks (one on a lead and one contested) when the first quarter was still live and an arm-wrestle set up our lead which Brisbane couldn't get back for the rest of the game.