Bumper Bulldogs
27-04-2021, 08:01 AM
We are set and rolling.

Dogs by a comfortable 42 points
First goal Hunter
BOG Libba

comrade
27-04-2021, 08:08 AM
Dusty and Lambert out are huge losses for Richmond, but we have 3 of our own top 10 players out right now.

Can never count out a champion team like the Tigers so I can’t tip a comfortable win. I think they’ll come out breathing fire like the Saints game.

Dogs by 4

SquirrelGrip
27-04-2021, 08:51 AM
Dogs by 49
BOG Treloar
First Goal Schache

GVGjr
27-04-2021, 09:06 AM
Is there some speculating that Jamarra will debut this week?

Happy Days
27-04-2021, 10:20 AM

I’d be really surprised and think we should pick Schache ahead of him but whatever man I’m down. He is straight up not fit enough but it seems impossible for him not to hit the scoreboard in games, and it’s not like the guy he’s replacing was a full on pressure machine. Plus anyone who says they don’t want to see him debut is a liar.

It surely wouldn’t mean he does the ruck relief though. Would it?

Grantysghost
27-04-2021, 10:23 AM
I’d be really surprised and think we should pick Schache ahead of him but whatever man I’m down. He is straight up not fit enough but it seems impossible for him not to hit the scoreboard in games, and it’s not like the guy he’s replacing was a full on pressure machine. Plus anyone who says they don’t want to see him debut is a liar.

It surely wouldn’t mean he does the ruck relief though. Would it?

You'd think Bruce would take that role if the J Train plays.

Bulldog4life
27-04-2021, 02:59 PM
Dogs by 28
First Goal Bruce
BOG: Macrae

1eyedog
27-04-2021, 04:08 PM
Dogs by no idea. Just want to bank 4 more points.
First goal: Jooce
BOG: Jacko

1eyedog
27-04-2021, 04:14 PM

Only Johnno I think.

DOG GOD
27-04-2021, 05:52 PM
Margin: Tigers by 19 pts
First Goal: Lynch
BOG: Cotchin

I’m leaning this way. They will come out firing, and if Lynch/Reiwoldt get enough of the ball I’m expecting one of them to kick 5.

So,

Tigers by 29 points (due to Lynch kicking 5 and he/reiwoldt kicking straighter than Naughton/Bruce )
First goal : Treloar
Bog - macrae

Topdog
27-04-2021, 06:08 PM
I’m leaning this way. They will come out firing, and if Lynch/Reiwoldt get enough of the ball I’m expecting one of them to kick 5.

So,

Tigers by 29 points (due to Lynch kicking 5 and he/reiwoldt kicking straighter than Naughton/Bruce )
Bog - macrae

We score ~15 goals a game so not sure Lynch kicking 5 will be enough for them.

When West Coast got 9 from their big forwards it wasn't enough.

GVGjr
27-04-2021, 06:18 PM
Only Johnno I think.

It's interesting. I don't agree with this speculation but apparently because Tilthorpe has played we are apparently considering playing Jamarra. To his credit I think Bevo has been very clear on where Marra is at and we should be patient.

azabob
27-04-2021, 06:24 PM
It's interesting. I don't agree with this speculation but apparently because Tilthorpe has played we are apparently considering playing Jamarra. To his credit I think Bevo has been very clear on where Marra is at and we should be patient.

From what I read Tilthorpe form at SANFL level did not warrant selection.

Where as a case could be made for Jamarra.

For what its worth, no way would I select Jamarra this week.

DOG GOD
27-04-2021, 06:53 PM
We score ~15 goals a game so not sure Lynch kicking 5 will be enough for them.

When West Coast got 9 from their big forwards it wasn't enough.

IF we score 15 goals. I hope we do.

boydogs
27-04-2021, 07:35 PM
Dusty and Lambert out are huge losses for Richmond, but we have 3 of our own top 10 players out right now

Dunkley & Williams yes but English wouldn't be top 10 in my book unless you meant someone else

On another note, two gimmes on the goal line and outmarking a smaller opponent a few times doesn't mean Jamarra is ready to contribute at senior level. Needs to be able to physically contest and run out games

comrade
27-04-2021, 07:43 PM
Dunkley & Williams yes but English wouldn't be top 10 in my book unless you meant someone else

On another note, two gimmes on the goal line and outmarking a smaller opponent a few times doesn't mean Jamarra is ready to contribute at senior level. Needs to be able to physically contest and run out games

I meant Timmy. He's easily in the top 10 most talented on our list, imo. We also saw how influential the combo of Gawn/Jackson was in really stretching the Tigers across the ground and it's a shame we won't be able to do the same (this time).

1eyedog
27-04-2021, 08:42 PM

Bevo said a few weeks back he's a fair way off playing so he must have developed considerably in a very short space of time if we are considering it. I'm not opposed to it if the MC can think he can make a contribution. It's a very big step up in terms of ground coverage though. Maybe we'll just plonk him at FF?

FrediKanoute
27-04-2021, 08:50 PM

So,

Bog - macrae

Mine is more of the fact that I keep tipping against the Dogs and we keep winning so why change a winning method (or losing depending on how you look at it). That said, I cannot see the Tigers losing 3 in a row. Backs aganst the wall. I expect them to pull out a blinder. Will be a cracking game!

comrade
27-04-2021, 09:29 PM
Mine is more of the fact that I keep tipping against the Dogs and we keep winning so why change a winning method (or losing depending on how you look at it). That said, I cannot see the Tigers losing 3 in a row. Backs aganst the wall. I expect them to pull out a blinder. Will be a cracking game!

They beat the Saints the week before the Demons game.

jeemak
27-04-2021, 10:22 PM
How many times can a side that has won three flags out of four come out breathing fire after a loss?

I can envisage them coming to play, choosing to be considered the underdog perhaps. But breathing fire for the second time within a few weeks? Not saying it can't or won't happen, rather, perhaps wondering if this is what Richmond is now?

divvydan
27-04-2021, 10:48 PM
Went looking through the stats just then as I had noticed Melbourne handballed a lot and was hoping to find a qtr by qtr breakdown of their handball numbers. Didn't find that but did notice that the AFL site lists Richmond's interchange numbers as 49/75, which would be insanely low if true. I know they had a player subbed and Dusty out as well which would reduce rotations but surely not by that much?

Grantysghost
28-04-2021, 12:09 AM
Went looking through the stats just then as I had noticed Melbourne handballed a lot and was hoping to find a qtr by qtr breakdown of their handball numbers. Didn't find that but did notice that the AFL site lists Richmond's interchange numbers as 49/75, which would be insanely low if true. I know they had a player subbed and Dusty out as well which would reduce rotations but surely not by that much?

Yes that’s true it was doing the rounds after the game. Very low, think they had quite a few injuries happening.

dog town
28-04-2021, 06:57 AM
I went and had a look at Melbourne and Richmond last week. Melbourne had a real sense of stage fright early and were second guessing with ball in hand. The result was that they invited Richmonds pressure and had to dump kicks down the line. Richmond set up really well behind the ball which then feeds their ball movement.

About 15-20 minutes in Melbourne finally settled and started backing themselves to either take kicks through the corridor or forward handball (leapfrog style) through the tigers wall. From that point in Richmond couldn’t lay a glove on them and looked very exposed.

Vred
28-04-2021, 08:30 AM
Margin: Dogs by 23
First Goal: Hunter
BOG: Lippa

AshMac
28-04-2021, 09:20 AM

I thought from the very little I saw of the VFL game last week he looks a long way off AFL but clearly shows he has an incredible ceiling

azabob
28-04-2021, 10:16 AM
I went and had a look at Melbourne and Richmond last week. Melbourne had a real sense of stage fright early and were second guessing with ball in hand. The result was that they invited Richmonds pressure and had to dump kicks down the line. Richmond set up really well behind the ball which then feeds their ball movement.

About 15-20 minutes in Melbourne finally settled and started backing themselves to either take kicks through the corridor or forward handball (leapfrog style) through the tigers wall. From that point in Richmond couldn’t lay a glove on them and looked very exposed.

How do you think Friday night will play out?

Axe Man
28-04-2021, 10:23 AM
Bevo said a few weeks back he's a fair way off playing so he must have developed considerably in a very short space of time if we are considering it. I'm not opposed to it if the MC can think he can make a contribution. It's a very big step up in terms of ground coverage though. Maybe we'll just plonk him at FF?

There is no such thing as that anymore. At one stage on Friday night Bruce was in the top 3 on the ground for distance covered. Naughton also seems to cover plenty of ground. All our forwards are required to get on their bike.

Topdog
28-04-2021, 10:43 AM
I meant Timmy. He's easily in the top 10 most talented on our list, imo. We also saw how influential the combo of Gawn/Jackson was in really stretching the Tigers across the ground and it's a shame we won't be able to do the same (this time).

You could make the argument about his talent but not sure he is in our top 10. Bont, Libba, Macrae, Treloar, Keath, Williams, Daniel, Hunter and Dunkley are what I would argue is our definitive top 9. Then you have Bruce, Naughton, Bailey Smith, Dale, Wood, English and Crozier in the next batch. I'd have a fair few of them ahead of English for actual performances.

Topdog
28-04-2021, 10:44 AM

yeah spot on with that assessment. If it weren't for May and Lever and some poor finishing that first 20 minutes could have been a 6 goal lead and game over.

Mantis
28-04-2021, 12:15 PM
How many times can a side that has won three flags out of four come out breathing fire after a loss?

I can envisage them coming to play, choosing to be considered the underdog perhaps. But breathing fire for the second time within a few weeks? Not saying it can't or won't happen, rather, perhaps wondering if this is what Richmond is now?

Yep, how many times can you use a loss as motivation to get yourself up for the next game? At some you just need to start playing consistently well you're 3-5 and playing catch-up.

A few Richmond mates are concerned that this is what Richmond are now... haven't adjusted to rule changes, have injuries, lack a little depth and are very gettable.

Mofra
28-04-2021, 12:23 PM
You could make the argument about his talent but not sure he is in our top 10. Bont, Libba, Macrae, Treloar, Keath, Williams, Daniel, Hunter and Dunkley are what I would argue is our definitive top 9. Then you have Bruce, Naughton, Bailey Smith, Dale, Wood, English and Crozier in the next batch. I'd have a fair few of them ahead of English for actual performances.
On raw natural talent, I have him behind the Bont and only marginally. Perhaps Caleb could mount an argument. End of list.

Whether he does the work to exploit that natural talent is another thing entirely. Plenty of super-talented guys never get near their ceiling.

comrade
28-04-2021, 02:42 PM
Dimma was pretty open in his presser, saying our attacking handball game is open to Richmond's 'blitz pressure' and it will come down to which team's system is able to overcome the other. Expect it to be very hot early.

Grantysghost
28-04-2021, 02:47 PM
Dimma was pretty open in his presser, saying our attacking handball game is open to Richmond's 'blitz pressure' and it will come down to which team's system is able to overcome the other. Expect it to be very hot early.

I wonder if they'll go with the keepings off game plan they used very effectively against us last season. If I recall correctly they really changed up their method and kept more possession than normal.

comrade
28-04-2021, 02:51 PM
I wonder if they'll go with the keepings off game plan they used very effectively against us last season. If I recall correctly they really changed up their method and kept more possession than normal.

Yeah good call, Dimma could be playing funny buggers. Thankfully Dusty isn't there to kick goals from everywhere.

Geez we were bad that night. Trengove in the ruck. Lloyd, Suckling and Gowers up forward. No Naughton. Gross.

bornadog
28-04-2021, 03:33 PM
Yeah good call, Dimma could be playing funny buggers. Thankfully Dusty isn't there to kick goals from everywhere.

Geez we were bad that night. Trengove in the ruck. Lloyd, Suckling and Gowers up forward. No Naughton. Gross.

That was a shocking game.

Prior to that we beat them in 4 of the previous 5, with the one defeat by 3 points where we could have won after our Lynch hit the post in the dying minute.

Grantysghost
28-04-2021, 04:35 PM
That was a shocking game.

Prior to that we beat them in 4 of the previous 5, with the one defeat by 3 points where we could have won after our Lynch hit the post in the dying minute.

I assume that’s why they changed up their plans against us. I thought Hardwick and his team did amazingly well that night.

bornadog
28-04-2021, 04:58 PM
I assume that’s why they changed up their plans against us. I thought Hardwick and his team did amazingly well that night.

Collingwood tried it in round 1 but failed. I am confident Bevo has a plan if they try it again.

comrade
28-04-2021, 05:04 PM
Collingwood tried it in round 1 but failed. I am confident Bevo has a plan if they try it again.

Bevo spent A LOT of time in his post match presser talking about teams defending us by playing the uncontested mark style of defence, referred to Gold Coast, West Coast and GWS trying it. Wasn't overly happy with our team defence against GWS, he mentioned a lack of energy to compress the ground. I imagine it has been a big focus this week.

Bulldog Joe
28-04-2021, 10:33 PM
On raw natural talent, I have him behind the Bont and only marginally. Perhaps Caleb could mount an argument. End of list.

Whether he does the work to exploit that natural talent is another thing entirely. Plenty of super-talented guys never get near their ceiling.

While English has some good attributes, he is nowhere near the talent that is Naughton.

I actually believe that Naughton is our most naturally talented. Speed, agility and natural aggression that is a very rare combination and he can also do it in the air and at ground level.

Topdog
28-04-2021, 10:37 PM
While English has some good attributes, he is nowhere near the talent that is Naughton.

I actually believe that Naughton is our most naturally talented. Speed, agility and natural aggression that is a very rare combination and he can also do it in the air and at ground level.

Different kind of talents though as i believe the others are talking about football talents whilst you are referring to athletic talent.

1eyedog
28-04-2021, 10:40 PM
Different kind of talents though as i believe the others are talking about football talents whilst you are referring to athletic talent.

I'm pretty sure he was saying Naughts can do anything (everything).

Bulldog Joe
28-04-2021, 10:57 PM
I'm pretty sure he was saying Naughts can do anything (everything).

and Naughts has football talent to go with his athletic talent.

Hotdog60
28-04-2021, 11:03 PM
Just a pity he can't kick straight 30 metre out. ;)

Bulldog Joe
29-04-2021, 06:07 AM
Just a pity he can't kick straight 30 metre out. ;)

It is the flaw in his game.

I really need Twodogs to spend some time with him and teach him a consistent technique and have him become a 70% chance with every shot.

hujsh
29-04-2021, 10:53 AM
It is the flaw in his game.

I really need Twodogs to spend some time with him and teach him a consistent technique and have him become a 70% chance with every shot.

He has never been an amazing field kick either which was more of an issue in defence

ratsmac
29-04-2021, 01:51 PM
Bevo not shutting down the will JUH debut this week talk in and interview today is interesting. In the past he has basically said he's not ready. Today he said he'll be considered. I think he's going unleash the Marra!

Rocket Science
29-04-2021, 02:19 PM
Conceivably nothing, but a spot of wink nudge from Marra too perhaps ...

https://i.ibb.co/yy4fgjM/Screen-Shot-2021-04-29-at-1-17-50-PM.png (https://ibb.co/SnfsVC1)

Vred
29-04-2021, 03:21 PM
Oh boy. JUH in, Martin full time ruck, Bruce as back up, lets go..

Vred
29-04-2021, 03:22 PM
Mitch Hannan in, confirmed

https://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/news/923152?fbclid=IwAR1gJGkDQcWha5rFx_aoDYLJvta6_XROEeH63Fcb0lNU RCTaz57mL-_STq4

GVGjr
29-04-2021, 06:16 PM
Mitch Hannan in, confirmed

https://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/news/923152?fbclid=IwAR1gJGkDQcWha5rFx_aoDYLJvta6_XROEeH63Fcb0lNU RCTaz57mL-_STq4

Lovely touch by Bevo and the club.

The bulldog tragician
29-04-2021, 07:16 PM
Lovely touch by Bevo and the club.

That is so lovely. The families go through so much with the ups and downs of their sons careers. Great to see a mother speak so beautifully about her son.

I hope that the mums are better acknowledged next week (Mother’s Day) in this kind of style. I was really disappointed in the social media last year. “Who’s the biggest mumma’s boy?” Such a silly and outdated concept trivialising all the mums who’ve been there for the dirty jumpers, the scratched knees, the 8am games at Hoppers Crossing in August. They deserve more respect than the “mumma’s boy” tag which is honestly what year 9 boys tease each other about.

Mantis
30-04-2021, 09:33 AM
Game day!

Really excited about tonight's game and what we will learn about our team. We've been ultra impressive so far, but except from the WC game we haven't really been tested by a high quality team... of which Richmond are.

We catch them at a good time with Martin, Prestia, Lambert & Vlaustin (who all sit within their best 10 players) missing, but lots of pieces to their puzzle are still in place, and their game style which when in full flight places as much pressure on the opposition as anyone in the game.

Given Richmond's outs we really should hold ascendency in the middle of the ground, but still need to be wary of the likes of Cotchin, Edwards & Graham who are very good players. We need to be clean & efficient with our ball use to work our way through Richmond's frontal pressure because if we don't we could be exposed by Richmond's speed across the ground and their tall forwards.

Really need our mids & forwards to work their butts off when we don't have the ball as I see this as the only area of the game to where we can falter... the likes of Short, Houli & Baker need to be kept in a tight leash so hopefully West, Scott, JJ & Hunter give them the respect they deserve.

I'm confident that if we bring our best we will beat Richmond, but it's a huge test to how mature the group is... Go Dogs!!

comrade
30-04-2021, 10:09 AM
These are the days you dream of as a footy fan.

Friday night, spot on weather, undefeated, top of the ladder, up against the competition heavyweight.

A perfect test for our group.

BornInDroopSt'54
30-04-2021, 10:22 AM
Pity Tigers are not at their best for our sake.
Whatever we can only beat who they serve up.

bornadog
30-04-2021, 10:24 AM
Pity Tigers are not at their best for our sake.
Whatever we can only beat who they serve up.

We are missing some handy players as well - Dunks, Williams, English

comrade
30-04-2021, 11:10 AM
If this moment happens tonight, we are guaranteed to win:

At a centre bounce, Bruce taps it down, West flicks it out to Lipinski who hits up a leading Schache. Goal.

Grantysghost
30-04-2021, 11:27 AM
If this moment happens tonight, we are guaranteed to win:

At a centre bounce, Bruce taps it down, West flicks it out to Lipinski who hits up a leading Schache**. Goal.

**Schache 55 out, gets a standing on mark infringement 50

Happy Days
30-04-2021, 11:29 AM
I’m hell nervous about Schache just full on not trying tonight. There’s so much exposed form from him and this is the biggest H&A game we’ve been involved in for a minute.

Grantysghost
I'm actually excited to see what Schache brings tonight. He looks really fit, has been moving around the ground well and hitting loads of contests in the VFL.
He's never been better prepared to have a big impact in the AFL.

Grantysghost
I’m hell nervous about Schache just full on not trying tonight. There’s so much exposed form from him and this is the biggest H&A game we’ve been involved in for a minute.

Ha - I was just typing the opposite! :)

GVGjr
30-04-2021, 02:14 PM
We are missing some handy players as well - Dunks, Williams, English

Slightly understated :) but no excuses as it's all about adapting to the players you have available each week.
We've got some good ins to support a Doggies win.

Nuggety Back Pocket
30-04-2021, 02:24 PM
Slightly understated :) but no excuses as it's all about adapting to the players you have available each week.
We've got some good ins to support a Doggies win.

Our depth will be tested tonight and it will be of great interest to see how Schache Hannan and West can handle the extra pressure that is bound to come

GVGjr
30-04-2021, 02:44 PM
Our depth will be tested tonight and it will be of great interest to see how Schache Hannan and West can handle the extra pressure that is bound to come

And we would know Richmond can really pressure teams, we will have to be close to our best tonight.
Richmond and Geelong have typically been our benchmark opposition clubs so tonight is a great test for us.

whythelongface
30-04-2021, 02:49 PM
Margin: Dogs by 52
First Goal: West
BOG: Macrae

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
30-04-2021, 02:57 PM
Dogs by 7 points
BOG: Bont
First goal: Schache

Axe Man
30-04-2021, 02:58 PM
Anyone know if you can stand in a bar and have a beer now at the MCG? I know you can in the MCC so I assume you can elsewhere?

Grantysghost
30-04-2021, 03:32 PM
Anyone else worried about the over the top, out the back, Joe the goose goals tonight. Big spaces at the G have me concerned.

Dogs by 1
FG : Hannan
BOG : Liberatore

comrade
30-04-2021, 03:48 PM
Anyone else worried about the over the top, out the back, Joe the goose goals tonight. Big spaces at the G have me concerned.

Dogs by 1

Always.

bornadog
30-04-2021, 03:52 PM

Not if we kick more goals than them. :D

Grantysghost
30-04-2021, 03:59 PM
Not if we kick more goals than them. :D

This is the first time all year I've really wanted to win. More so than last week. This is the big test for me.

comrade
30-04-2021, 04:02 PM
This is the first time all year I've really wanted to win. More so than last week. This is the big test for me.

I think we're all a bit unsure how legit we actually are. Failing tonight's test would be a gut punch.

bornadog
30-04-2021, 04:07 PM

Same.

The Pie Man
30-04-2021, 04:18 PM
Trying to figure out if my nerves are linked to a zoom job interview I’ve got before going tonight, or the actual game.

Real pre 2009 QF vibes - tense AF

Why? Do we have more to lose? Maybe with Dusty out, we lose and we get potentially written off as pretenders.

I trust this group as much as any Dogs outfit, but still have a lingering ‘gee I hope they show up’ feeling

Mofra
30-04-2021, 04:41 PM
I trust this group as much as any Dogs outfit, but still have a lingering ‘gee I hope they show up’ feeling
West, Hannan, Schache - I'm confident they sure as hell will show up

Happy Days
30-04-2021, 04:51 PM
Will be interesting to see how our super spread defence holds up on the wider wings. If we lose it’ll probably be why.

Grantysghost
30-04-2021, 05:11 PM
Will be interesting to see how our super spread defence holds up on the wider wings. If we lose it’ll probably be why.

Agree - control the ball off half back and kick wide to the wings would be a wise play.

Grantysghost
30-04-2021, 05:59 PM
Trying to figure out if my nerves are linked to a zoom job interview I’ve got before going tonight, or the actual game.

Real pre 2009 QF vibes - tense AF

Why? Do we have more to lose? Maybe with Dusty out, we lose and we get potentially written off as pretenders.

Good luck with the interview.

ratsmac
30-04-2021, 06:41 PM
Dogs by 21
First goal- Bruce
BOG - Naughton

mjp
30-04-2021, 06:43 PM
Do we have more to lose? Maybe with Dusty out, we lose and we get potentially written off as pretenders.

I'm more curious as to how we will show up. I think winning 7 in a row is just incredibly difficult and wouldn't be completely surprised if we just didn't quite have "IT" tonight.

It's April. And Richmond (3-3 right now) have a helluva lot more to lose than we do.

bornadog
30-04-2021, 06:44 PM
I think we're all a bit unsure how legit we actually are. Failing tonight's test would be a gut punch.

Still a long season ahead of us.

I am nervous as hell with this one, only because Melbourne won last week.

comrade
30-04-2021, 06:47 PM
Still a long season ahead of us.

I am nervous as hell with this one, only because Melbourne won last week.

Yeah, it’s definitely not season over and Hardwick has always said you learn more in losses than wins, but let’s keep that thought at bay for one more week.

GVGjr
30-04-2021, 06:51 PM
Dogs by 19 points in the David Thorpe Cup
BOG Treloar
First Goal Schache

DOG GOD
30-04-2021, 06:53 PM

Dogs by 1

Yep, and it will probably make up half of the goals Richmond kick tonight.

comrade
30-04-2021, 07:39 PM
Marra is injury sub.

GVGjr
30-04-2021, 07:40 PM
Marra is injury sub.

Yep, that's an interesting selection

comrade
30-04-2021, 07:41 PM
Yep, that's an interesting selection

The selections were too normal for Bevo, had to throw a curve ball somewhere :D

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
30-04-2021, 07:51 PM
As much as I want a win, I more want to just see us stack up against a top class team that also has a great system.

GVGjr
30-04-2021, 07:52 PM
The selections were too normal for Bevo, had to throw a curve ball somewhere :D

I was going to say earlier in the thread that the selections made the most sense. :)
Can you imagine a forward line like of Schache, Bruce, Naughton, Ugle-Hagan, Hannan and say Bontempelli resting forward?

comrade
30-04-2021, 07:54 PM
Apparently McNeil is now named as sub.

EDIT: yep, confirmed. Classic stitch up

GVGjr
30-04-2021, 08:02 PM
Apparently McNeil is now named as sub.

EDIT: yep, confirmed. Classic stitch up

Thats better

The Pie Man
30-04-2021, 08:07 PM
I'm more curious as to how we will show up. I think winning 7 in a row is just incredibly difficult and wouldn't be completely surprised if we just didn't quite have "IT" tonight.

It's April. And Richmond (3-3 right now) have a helluva lot more to lose than we do.

From a season perspective, absolutely (can’t win it now, but you can lose it) But everyone knows what they can do, if (of course they will) they do enough to make finals, facing them in any knockout is the short straw

The Pie Man
30-04-2021, 08:09 PM
Good luck with the interview.

Thanks bud, went ok (I think!) Zoom’s still weird to me

On the train now, carn dogs!

bornadog
30-04-2021, 08:23 PM
Marra is injury sub.

surprise surprise

Just saw the correction McSteal

GVGjr
30-04-2021, 08:56 PM
surprise surprise

Just saw the correction McSteal

He's so quick he can steal the wheels off a car....while it's still moving :)

1eyedog
30-04-2021, 09:05 PM
Not sure why we haven't looked to offload a bit quicker.

DOG GOD
30-04-2021, 09:06 PM
Lynch looks like he could kick 10

Grantysghost
30-04-2021, 09:06 PM
Cordy on Lynch notta good.

bulldogtragic
30-04-2021, 09:07 PM
Lynch looks like he could kick 10

Behinds?

DOG GOD
30-04-2021, 09:09 PM
Behinds?

He’s gonna get plenty of opportunities

BornInDroopSt'54
30-04-2021, 09:09 PM
Bum to you.

BornInDroopSt'54
30-04-2021, 09:12 PM
Bruce professional.
Glad we have another leftie in Hanna .
We could trash them with Naughtan just goaling.

bulldogtragic
30-04-2021, 09:13 PM
Schache’s work rate is great.

BornInDroopSt'54
30-04-2021, 09:14 PM
The dam is too full.
Open the floodgates.

bulldogtragic
30-04-2021, 09:17 PM
18 seconds...

chef
30-04-2021, 09:18 PM
Damn that late goal sucked

whythelongface
30-04-2021, 09:18 PM
Good quarter but should be 4 goals in front

EasternWest
30-04-2021, 09:20 PM
Good quarter but should be 4 goals in front

Same as it ever was.

Boys are up and about though. Wonder if it might be suggested to West he should probably go for the open man next time.

Grantysghost
30-04-2021, 09:20 PM
Libba huge early.

bornadog
30-04-2021, 09:21 PM
They look dangerous going forward. We need to make sure we don’t get caught out

macca
There is a clear vacancy for a small forward who can kick 40 m out

Really poor kick from west 0.3

Mutz
But good signs that we're finding space. Hannan looks composed.

comrade
Dale’s win against Riewoldt at half back. Take a bow.

bornadog
Same as it ever was.

Boys are up and about though. Wonder if it might be suggested to West he should probably go for the open man next time.
Needs to nail those opportunities

DOG GOD
30-04-2021, 09:22 PM
That red time goal hurt. If the dogs allow Lynch to be one out he’s going to get plenty of opportunities. Probably should have 3 goals already. I’d like to see us move it a little quicker once inside 50. 2 opportunities where we could’ve had a better shot but too low to move it on.

Libba huge again.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
30-04-2021, 09:22 PM
They look dangerous going forward. We need to make sure we don’t get caught out

Makes it so important that we take our chances. Really should be at least another 2 goals more on the boardup.

EasternWest
30-04-2021, 09:23 PM
Needs to nail those opportunities

Needs to give it off to the open guy in the better position.

DOG GOD
30-04-2021, 09:24 PM
Bad misses by west and Hannan hurt. Richmond are just coming out of defence too easily from those kick ins. Unless they turn it over, but we can’t allow them to get from the goal line to their fwd 50 with 2-3 uncontested possessions.

bulldogtragic
30-04-2021, 09:31 PM
Schache is leading well, picked the wrong week to get promoted. Over his head on the lead three times now.

bulldogtragic
30-04-2021, 09:35 PM
Schache is leading well, picked the wrong week to get promoted. Over his head on the lead three times now.

Cant get a free either.

whythelongface
30-04-2021, 09:41 PM
End to end stuff. Awesome

DOG GOD
30-04-2021, 09:50 PM
Geez we love those red time goals. F me

GVGjr
30-04-2021, 09:51 PM
Enthralling game. Tigers can turn this game around quickly

DOG GOD
30-04-2021, 09:51 PM
The problem is, they haven’t been scoring, but we haven’t been scoring either.

1eyedog
30-04-2021, 09:52 PM
Tight. We are being tested.

Nanks killing us.

Stefcep
30-04-2021, 09:53 PM
Seriously Bont...

DOG GOD
I’m sorry, but you can’t miss goals like that...and don’t clap your hands saying “damn”. That was a captains goal. No excuse.

MrMahatma
FFS Bont. That’s just not ok!!

bulldogtragic
FFS Bont

ReLoad
That hurts bont. Dusty doesn’t miss those.

1eyedog
30-04-2021, 09:54 PM
That's a terrible miss.

chef
This game should be closer

bornadog
Unforgivable Bont

BornInDroopSt'54
30-04-2021, 09:55 PM
Bont could've handballed that through.
But not kick it!
Unprofessional, head must be moving towards the ball drop.
Like looking up too early on a golf shot.

DOG GOD
30-04-2021, 09:55 PM

If Richmond play like that in the 3rd, it will be level at 3 qtr time

bulldogsthru&thru
30-04-2021, 09:56 PM
Bonts kicking has been bad tonight. That was a crucial kick. He’s missed targets a few times too.

West is having a mare.

We’ve given up two late goals.

But we should be up by another couple of goals. We’re playing just ok. We shouldn’t lose this one but I’m worried Richmond will break us open. Need some resolve for the second half.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
Richmond dominated the last 10 minutes of that term; got it back on there terms, off the back of some key turnovers that Bevo would not be happy with. When we had it we kicked it to big outnumbers, and it allowed them to win the ball back in broken play in the circumstances that they love to springboard from.
We've got to tighten that stuff up.

bornadog
If Richmond play like that in the 3rd, it will be level at 3 qtr time
KPI all showing we are on top. Just need to keep it going and make sure we score

comrade
Turning it over too shallow inside 50. Either go deeper or handball our way through.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
30-04-2021, 09:57 PM
Bonts kicking has been bad tonight. That was a crucial kick. He’s missed targets a few times too.

West is having a mare.

We’ve given up two late goals.

But we should be up by another couple of goals. We’re playing just ok. We shouldn’t lose this one but I’m worried Richmond will break us open. Need some resolve for the second half.

It's vital we get back to doing what we did for a Qtr and a half, make the right decisions, and don't put the ball into situations that they are wanting us to.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
30-04-2021, 09:57 PM
Turning it over too shallow inside 50. Either go deeper or handball our way through.

Yep that shallow entry, that was never a chance to be marked, hurt. Need some more composure in that situation. Who kicked that?

DOG GOD
30-04-2021, 09:58 PM
As half fwds, JJ and West have 6 possessions between them. Need a huge lift from JJ. Treloar, macrae and Libba all playing great games.

We need to be more mindful of that blind over the head handball, just giving it up.

Grantysghost
30-04-2021, 09:58 PM
Chris Grant would’ve kicked it! It’s a massive flaw in his game.

Tigers well on top for the last 15, somehow we got one out the back but as mentioned above this trend can’t continue or they’ll start stringing goals together.

Schache quiet, noticed Bruce doing the second ruck work and looks tired.

The Bulldogs Bite
30-04-2021, 09:59 PM
Geez Bonts kicking for goal is bad. That miss hurts. At least they've missed a few too.

Shallow entries are hurting us and we're not defending the corridor well.

bulldogsthru&thru
30-04-2021, 09:59 PM
It's vital we get back to doing what we did for a Qtr and a half, make the right decisions, and don't put the ball into situations that they are wanting us to.

We’re our own worst enemy a bit at the moment. Tigers were on top at the end there but more due to us letting them in it by careless turnovers and poor decision making. Dale kicked to a 4 on 1 when he had Wood all by himself 20m from him.

Need to lower the eyes.

The Bulldogs Bite
30-04-2021, 10:00 PM
We’re our own worst enemy a bit at the moment. Tigers were on top at the end there but more due to us letting them in it by careless turnovers and poor decision making. Dale kicked to a 4 on 1 when he had Wood all by himself 20m from him.

Need to lower the eyes.

That was Keath, absolutely horrendous decision making.

bornadog
30-04-2021, 10:01 PM
Schache needs to get into the game. I would ruck him instead of Bruce.

whythelongface

Need to lower the eyes.

That was Keath.

bulldogsthru&thru
Chris Grant would’ve kicked it! It’s a massive flaw in his game.

Tigers well on top for the last 15, somehow we got one out the back but as mentioned above this trend can’t continue or they’ll start stringing goals together.

Schache quiet, noticed Bruce doing the second ruck work and looks tired.

It is a flaw. And these misses are deadset gimmes too. There’s just no excuse for it.

West and JJ have been awful as half forwards. Apart from Scott our small forwards haven’t been great which I think goes to show why he and McNeil have been getting games.

merantau
We have made some poor decisions and they have pounced. We need to pile on the pressure in the second half.

Grantysghost
30-04-2021, 10:02 PM
Yep that was a howler. He goes to Wood he can run and put it 30 out.

bornadog
Not sure what Keath was thinking of

DOG GOD
KPI all showing we are on top. Just need to keep it going and make sure we score

That’s the thing. We can’t afford to miss sitters like Bont. It’s almost laughable in a pressure game, going in to half time, 20 metres out almost directly in front. What disappointed me more was Bonts reaction.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
30-04-2021, 10:03 PM

Dale has been great, but for the option to try and stick the leg out on Cotchin''s kick, which he missed and left his opponent free to deliver the ball for their last goal

DOG GOD
30-04-2021, 10:04 PM
It is a flaw. And these misses are deadset gimmes too. There’s just no excuse for it.

West and JJ have been awful as half forwards. Apart from Scott our small forwards haven’t been great which I think goes to show why he and McNeil have been getting games.

Agree, West showing why he can’t string AFL games together. Shocking.

DOG GOD
30-04-2021, 10:05 PM
Schache needs to get into the game. I would ruck him instead of Bruce.

If they didn’t want to ruck Schache, why play him?

bornadog
30-04-2021, 10:05 PM
We are missing English around the ground

whythelongface
30-04-2021, 10:06 PM
Dale has been great, but for the option to try and stick the leg out on Cotchin''s kick, which he missed and left his opponent free to deliver the ball for their last goal

Not sure what else he could have done in that situation. Has half a second to make a call.

DOG GOD
Dale’s kicking has been sensational. Give him the ball every time.

bornadog
So he can stay fwd when Bruce Rucks

Grantysghost
Agree, they’ve put Bruce into the English role and I think his game suffers as a result.

josie
30-04-2021, 10:07 PM
I reckon Cavarra should be out there. West trying too hard. Schache, West, JJ need to lift. Bont over kicking ball to forwards - at least twice, possibly 3 times. Hoping Bevo will be able to correct a few things like he did last week.

Stefcep
Agree, West showing why he can’t string AFL games together. Shocking.

Lack of discipline- if you ignore free forwards to kick for goal you better bloody well kick it, and then there was the free kick he gave away.

bornadog
dale’s kicking has been sensational. Give him the ball every time.
bog…. ..

The Bulldogs Bite

Would need to watch it again but it looked like Dale was caught flat footed and in front of the play so I'm not sure he had many other options.

Playing a great game, he and Caleb are setting us up but some of the other defenders (and mids) are coughing it up.

I want to see us take them on more with run and handball.

merantau
30-04-2021, 10:08 PM

Agree. He had a player short on his own and kicked long to a 3 or 1. Not good.

bornadog
Not sure what Keath was thinking of

whythelongface

Think the margin should be greater. The Tige came back strong that qtr but think we should be 5 in front and have them on the rails

DOG GOD
So he can stay fwd when Bruce Rucks
But he’s not getting anywhere near it. Or is he trying to draw out Ashbury/Grimes as a decoy ?

1eyedog
I'm concerned about their numbers at the drop of the ball. They seem to set up really well a kick behind play as well as at the contest. They've been really good at moving the ball inside forward 50s at times and if they had have taken their chances early the scoreboard would be much tighter.

Bont's miss is unforgivable. He's been pretty good on the outside tonight but his kicking range is just all over the place.

A 25 point lead would have really hurt the Tigers at half time. We look nervy, and have a touch of stage fright. Need to turn the heat up this quarter.

Enjoying the 19 point lead.

Grantysghost
30-04-2021, 10:09 PM
Tigers kicked 1.4 in each quarter so far, let’s hope it continues.

Grantysghost
30-04-2021, 10:10 PM
Might be time for JJ to fake a hammy so we can bring on the super sub.

DOG GOD
30-04-2021, 10:11 PM
We need the first goal to put on scoreboard pressure. We will get a patch where we dominate and we have to deliver in goals. When they come, we can’t allow them to go down the ground in 3 possessions, which we have.

1eyedog
30-04-2021, 10:11 PM
Might be time for JJ to fake a hammy so we can bring on the super sub.

Just cannot get into the game. This has been a regular feature of his ever since he came back into the side.

westbulldog
30-04-2021, 10:13 PM
Lynch has already taken 9 marks, destroying Cordy imo, lucky for us he has kicked 5 points

chef
30-04-2021, 10:15 PM
Shaqs a bit soft.

Scraggers
30-04-2021, 10:15 PM
I can’t believe Shache is given a game over others. He looks lost out there and is getting thoroughly beaten.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
30-04-2021, 10:16 PM
Schache is a real worry. Woeful in a contest twice this quarter.

ReLoad
30-04-2021, 10:16 PM
Josh..... please make a contest..... please!!!

MrMahatma
30-04-2021, 10:17 PM
I can’t believe Shache is given a game over others. He looks lost out there and is getting thoroughly beaten.

I was optimistic about him but his last 2 contests suggest he’ll be done with our club after this match.

bulldogsthru&thru
Ouch. Shoulda been 25 now 13

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot

I can. As meek as he's been tonight, he's been the opposite for Footscray.
Unfortunately he's stamping his cards tonight unless he finds something else.

Grantysghost
30-04-2021, 10:18 PM
Massive danger signs here. Bugger.

GVGjr
30-04-2021, 10:19 PM
Massive danger signs here. Bugger.

Keep the faith

DOG GOD
We are under immense pressure. We have to score a few goals quickly.

Grantysghost
This is where we find out who’s going to step up and lead.

chef
Here come the tiges.

Throughandthrough
30-04-2021, 10:20 PM
Will there be a guard of honour for Schache at the end of the game to congratulate him on his last game of AFL?

DOG GOD
30-04-2021, 10:20 PM
Flood gates about to open.

bulldogtragic
30-04-2021, 10:21 PM
Big trouble now.

MrMahatma
Time for leadership.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
OK. Crunch time now. Who is going to step up?

KT31
30-04-2021, 10:22 PM
Some real cracks starting to show in our defence.

Stefcep
30-04-2021, 10:22 PM
Too many passengers right now.

bulldogtragic
30-04-2021, 10:23 PM
I’m calling it now.

DOG GOD
30-04-2021, 10:23 PM
Some real cracks starting to show in our defence.
They were always there, Richmond are just showing them up.

Grantysghost
30-04-2021, 10:24 PM
Back to reality.

GVGjr
This is where we find out who’s going to step up and lead.

Spot on, we were always going to be tested. Who wants it more from our boys?

DOG GOD
That Bonti shot is proving very costly right now

Grantysghost
Spot on, we were always going to be tested. Who wants it more from our boys?
No one by the looks of it.

bulldogtragic
30-04-2021, 10:26 PM
No leadership

ReLoad
What a capitulation

DOG GOD
Lynch again, no surprise

bulldogtragic
30-04-2021, 10:27 PM
West, you can get subbed now. Go shower.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
That's a putrid, and costly free kick against West.

DOG GOD
This COULD be an 7+ goal loss if we don’t stop this onslaught.

bulldogsthru&thru
Well we know we’re simply pretenders.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
30-04-2021, 10:28 PM
West, you can get subbed now. Go shower.

He did nothing wrong on that occasion.

whythelongface
Wow. What a smashing. Need a huge turnaround

whythelongface
Can’t get it out of the centre

Grantysghost
30-04-2021, 10:29 PM
Schache finally into the ruck but he really looks defeated.

DOG GOD
30-04-2021, 10:29 PM
We’ll be lucky to kick 8 goals for the game at this rate.

KT31
30-04-2021, 10:30 PM
That's a putrid, and costly free kick against West.
What was the free kick for?
No free kick and should have been play on.

DOG GOD
30-04-2021, 10:31 PM
We have so many players offering nothing. This is the reality check the club and the AFL world needed.

KT31
30-04-2021, 10:31 PM
How’s that not holding the ball?

GVGjr
30-04-2021, 10:32 PM
It goes without saying we need the next goal

DOG GOD
30-04-2021, 10:32 PM
What are the inside 50’s this qtr ?

Grantysghost
30-04-2021, 10:33 PM

15-0

bulldogtragic
30-04-2021, 10:33 PM
FFS Naughton

1eyedog
30-04-2021, 10:34 PM
All over us like a cheap suit

DOG GOD
Our system has been completely destroyed.

KT31

16 -0

DOG GOD
15-0

Geez, I thought we have had had 1 lol

DOG GOD
30-04-2021, 10:36 PM
Ok, miss this and I’m off to bed.

Stefcep
Don;t mind what Bruce did there. Stand up to them Dogs!

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
To say we needed that, an understatement.

DOG GOD
30-04-2021, 10:37 PM
I survive...now we need a run for the last 5 mins. We HAVE to score a goal or 2.

Stefcep

For 20 minutes.

Scraggers
This quarter comes back to selection. I’m looking at Shache, West, Hannan … all had very little influence. They were not the right choice. God I hope they can prove me wrong in the next 35 minutes

DOG GOD
30-04-2021, 10:38 PM
Geez Naughton can do some dumb things.

Grantysghost
30-04-2021, 10:39 PM
I’m confused with that Libba free. Prefer Lippa to kick it over the hero handball too.

Grantysghost
Unfortunately. Doesn’t stand up to real heat.

KT31
Cordy is really showing why we don’t pick him.

westbulldog
12 marks for lynch, who advocated cordy' selection....

KT31
30-04-2021, 10:40 PM
Is Martin injured?

chef
30-04-2021, 10:43 PM
Is Martin injured?

Just getting smashed by a better ruck.

EasternWest
30-04-2021, 10:44 PM
So what was the deal with that high contact against West? Just the worst call in the history of the game or nah?

bornadog
30-04-2021, 10:45 PM
This quarter comes back to selection. I’m looking at Shache, West, Hannan … all had very little influence. They were not the right choice. God I hope they can prove me wrong in the next 35 minutes
Agree

GVGjr
If there is anything positive to come out of the quarter is that we were owned by the Tigers but we are only a goal down
First 10 minutes are vital for us to get the scoreboard ticking over

EasternWest
12 marks for lynch, who advocated cordy' selection....

I agree with you just don't know who else we'd select.

MrMahatma
That’s the best they’ve got and the worst we have. Time to regroup and bring it home!

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
Well, we have just lost our composure that quarter, and continuing to play right into Richmond's strengths. Perceived pressure now getting into players heads, where they had more time than they thought, resulting in them blindly bombing it to a Richmond outnumber.
We've got to get the game on Bulldog terms and not be so reactive.

Bumper Bulldogs
30-04-2021, 10:46 PM
We got out coached that quarter. Why after they kick three goals we still have our ruck sitting in the bench and not sitting 20 m out from the Richmond Goal us beyond belief

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
Stats wise, we've been a terrible 3Qtr team. Thank goodness we're only a goal down.

bornadog
Mids got smashed that quarter. Libba only one touch, Macrae well down