PDA

View Full Version : How much do you hate the Orange - A test!

mjp
18-04-2021, 08:54 PM
Exactly how many of our wins to this point in the season would you give up for victory over the Giants in Round 6.

It’s a simple question.

1, 2, 3, 4 or 5?

EasternWest
18-04-2021, 09:12 PM
None.

GVGjr
18-04-2021, 09:24 PM
Exactly how many of our wins to this point in the season would you give up for victory over the Giants in Round 6.

It’s a simple question.

1, 2, 3, 4 or 5?

While I badly want to beat them it would be hard to give up any of those wins.
I wouldn't want to cough up any more than one of the wins.

Twodogs
18-04-2021, 09:35 PM
Can I pick which wins I have to give up?

Eastdog
18-04-2021, 09:37 PM
None.

Ditto

comrade
18-04-2021, 09:40 PM
I hate them but they’re just another side in our way to a flag this year. When we’re not true contenders, these types of games take on more meaning but this year, I just want the 4 points to further cement us as a top 2 side.

The Bulldogs Bite
18-04-2021, 09:46 PM
I hate them but they’re just another side in our way to a flag this year. When we’re not true contenders, these types of games take on more meaning but this year, I just want the 4 points to further cement us as a top 2 side.

Agree.

But let's get the 4 points by burying these plastic flogs by 12 goals

MrMahatma
18-04-2021, 09:56 PM
I didn’t read the question and just voted for what made me feel good about how much I hate them.

Looking forward to being 6-0.

Bumper Bulldogs
18-04-2021, 10:13 PM
Only the one for me. A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush

As long as it’s not the orange bellie parrot ��

The Doctor
18-04-2021, 10:29 PM
I hate them "a lot"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0BpfwazhUA

jazzadogs
18-04-2021, 10:30 PM
The only good thing about losing to the Giants is that they have no fans so you don't have to cop sh!t from anyone.

I hope we belt them, and that Duryea sits on Toby Greene all night.

strebla
18-04-2021, 10:47 PM
None for me I just want to add them to the collection!!!

bornadog
18-04-2021, 10:59 PM
I voted 5 because it ,makes me feel good :D

Seriously, I really want to belt these flogs, and I hope Toby doesn't touch the ball.

I will never forget the AFL turned a blind eye to what he did to Bont while he was pinned down. He is a coward of the highest order.

Bulldog Revolution
18-04-2021, 11:17 PM
Gee - I didnt think about it in those terms BUT Id been thinking about starting a thread titled - 'Why I hate the GWS Giants'

So i love everyone who responded to this thread

The Doctor
18-04-2021, 11:26 PM
Gee - I didnt think about it in those terms BUT Id been thinking about starting a thread titled - 'Why I hate the GWS Giants'

Do it!

jeemak
18-04-2021, 11:41 PM
The only thing good about them is that it was us who stopped them in their tracks in 2016.

And we did it mercilessly on their turf.

boydogs
18-04-2021, 11:58 PM
I don't hate them I pity them, they lost a ton of talent but always had more where that came from, now they seem to have finally run out. Most teams in the league would have ex-GWS players now

https://www.zerohanger.com/the-best-ex-greater-western-sydney-giants-side-afl-gws-jeremy-cameron-2-66735/
https://www.theaustralian.com.au/sport/afl/gws-diaspora-giants-touch-spreads-through-afl/news-story/66f4aefab9ac321ac276425e3cc07689

The bulldog tragician
19-04-2021, 12:48 AM
Such a charmless group. It feels like the very way they were set up, with millions spent on them, high draft picks galore and with Sheedy in the thick of it, soon defined their character. Overly entitled, hubris and a nasty aggression which is by no means brave. For all the “you’d love him in your team, he loves his teammates and plays on the edge” drivel, how much courage did it take thuggish Greene to gouge Bont while he was pinned to the ground.

Most clubs have an unlikeable player, except ours of course. But they’ve spawned so many. How can The Jeremies Cameron and Finlayson, Greene, Mumford, Himmel-whatever is name is, and Jon Patton have all emerged as awful blokes at the same time.

Please thrash them Dogs. Whenever we do so, it truly is good for football.

Vred
19-04-2021, 03:03 AM
Orange is my favorite color, but god I do hate GWS.. The new clash-jumper they're wearing (the charcoal with orange highlights) is excellent as well, one of the best in the comp.

whythelongface
19-04-2021, 03:55 AM
Where’s the option ‘I hate them but not as much as I hate Essendon’

The one thing I do like is our rivalry ( obviously based on hatred) Who would have thought that they have played a big part in our recent history. Arguably we played our greatest game of football against the orange dross back in September 2016. However we still owe them big time for the 2019 drubbing. Thus for this reason I hate them slight less than some other teams. But only just.

The Bulldogs Bite
19-04-2021, 10:40 AM
Orange is my favorite color, but god I do hate GWS.. The new clash-jumper they're wearing (the charcoal with orange highlights) is excellent as well, one of the best in the comp.

Was. It was your favourite colour. ;)

Rocket Science
19-04-2021, 12:04 PM
Five, but only on the proviso we crack a few larynxes on the day.

comrade
19-04-2021, 12:27 PM
Five, but only on the proviso we crack a few larynxes on the day.

How did Haynes manage to survive such a heinous attack?

Jeanette54
19-04-2021, 12:39 PM
I guess I am an exception, I must thank the plastics for all the pleasure they have given me.

Nothing gives me more satisfaction than re watching the 2016 prelim. JJ breaking the lines and that kick to the running Bont, easily my favourite moment in 60 years of Bulldog watching. It gave me a chance to see the doggies in a Grand Final, something I thought I would never see.

It rates right up there with Dale's tackle on Buddy, and Tom Boyd's subsequent long goal a week later.

Happy Days
19-04-2021, 01:01 PM
How did Haynes manage to survive such a heinous attack?

The real question to be answered this week is whether or not Haynes will cry at the coin toss again.

Testekill
19-04-2021, 01:04 PM
I don't hate GWS because I don't think of them.

Ozza
19-04-2021, 01:29 PM
Unpopular opinion.....I don't actually hate them that much.

I absolutely despised them up until the 2016 prelim, but after we beat them - and ultimately got to a flag first - I almost found a respect for them, with them being our opponents in the best game of football ever.

I absolutely hate Essendon and Hawthorn so much more than the Giants.

I thought the way they sent Haynes in to do the coin toss last year was just kind of pathetic, rather than an affront.

soupman
19-04-2021, 02:06 PM
I hate everything to do with them on field. They just so willingly lean into being absolute dicks thats its hard not to hate them.

Off field I actually think they are doing pretty good and am pretty over the jokes about how they don't have any supporters and all that.

Anyway I would give up two wins for a win against them, but mainly so that i don't have to see their playing group happy.

Testekill
22-04-2021, 11:55 AM
Unpopular opinion.....I don't actually hate them that much.

I absolutely despised them up until the 2016 prelim, but after we beat them - and ultimately got to a flag first - I almost found a respect for them, with them being our opponents in the best game of football ever.

I absolutely hate Essendon and Hawthorn so much more than the Giants.

I thought the way they sent Haynes in to do the coin toss last year was just kind of pathetic, rather than an affront.

I'll take it a step further; their making the top of the mountain and shitting themselves just replaced the hate with disdain and apathy. They were our big rivals in that period and they ended up ending their big run without any tangible success. They were on the receiving end of a one sided beating and they still haven't gotten that mojo back.

DOG GOD
22-04-2021, 07:08 PM
My mum always said “you should never hate anyone”. My mum was wrong. I literally HATE them with a passion. I HATE everything about them, especially the concessions they received to be fast tracked. The team had 3 of the biggest flogs in the AFL in Greene, Shaw, and Mumford. I never wanted them to see success, and I celebrated their GF debacle like they had lost to the dogs.

I want to see them lose EVERY game, against us or anyone.

HATE in biblical block letters.

bornadog
22-04-2021, 08:39 PM
My mum always said “you should never hate anyone”. My mum was wrong. I literally HATE them with a passion. I HATE everything about them, especially the concessions they received to be fast tracked. The team had 3 of the biggest flogs in the AFL in Greene, Shaw, and Mumford. I never wanted them to see success, and I celebrated their GF debacle like they had lost to the dogs.

Love It

AshMac
22-04-2021, 09:45 PM
I'll take it a step further; their making the top of the mountain and shitting themselves just replaced the hate with disdain and apathy. They were our big rivals in that period and they ended up ending their big run without any tangible success. They were on the receiving end of a one sided beating and they still haven't gotten that mojo back.

This was a glorious experience. I had last years game circled in the calendar for months. I planned on letting every one of them know it in the small way a fan can from the stands.

It’s such a shame that next year will be too late to remind them properly.

comrade
22-04-2021, 09:52 PM
Nice Westy.

comrade
22-04-2021, 10:17 PM
Young's concentration is atrocious. GWS get an easy clearance from forward of stoppage and he is just floating infront of his opponent.

Rocket Science
22-04-2021, 11:12 PM
My mum always said “you should never hate anyone”. My mum was wrong. I literally HATE them with a passion. I HATE everything about them, especially the concessions they received to be fast tracked. The team had 10 of the biggest flogs in the solar system in Greene, Shaw, Mumford, Patton, Davis, Lobb, Cameron, Shiel, Palmer and Devon bloody Smith. I never wanted them to see success, and I celebrated their GF debacle like they had lost to the dogs.

Fixed :cool:

Happy Days
25-04-2021, 12:36 PM
https://www.afl.com.au/news/601842/giants-football-boss-under-investigation-for-umpire-tirade-

Could these guys get any more pathetic? Wonder if they'll complain about getting booed again too.

EasternWest
25-04-2021, 01:15 PM
https://www.afl.com.au/news/601842/giants-football-boss-under-investigation-for-umpire-tirade-

Could these guys get any more pathetic? Wonder if they'll complain about getting booed again too.

That is truly bizarre.

bulldogsthru&thru
25-04-2021, 01:29 PM
Can we get an investigation as to why the umpiring changed then after half time?

Granted we got the rub of the green but no more so than you see in any other games. Entitled brats they are in Sydney. You know things aren’t going well when you have to blame umpiring.

Happy Days
25-04-2021, 03:49 PM
Maybe if they played the ball once in a while they’d get a free kick.

comrade
25-04-2021, 04:17 PM
McCartney should worry more about not being an all round terrible operator.

bulldogtragic
25-04-2021, 04:24 PM

Should be suspended from attending any AFL venue for a month plus. Misconduct, bringing the game into disrepute or other. If McCartney can do this without real consequence the flow down to local footy is real. This happened to me, both after the game, when I was umpiring local footy two decades ago. Both in the top 5 worst things to happen as an umpire. This is one of those times when the AFEL looking after one of their own could actually create a toxic situation for vulnerable local umpires.

How’s the mentality? A football manager feels entitled to barge in to the umpires room and complain. That’s GWS in a nutshell.

bornadog
25-04-2021, 06:21 PM
Should be suspended from attending any AFL venue for a month plus. Misconduct, bringing the game into disrepute or other. If McCartney can do this without real consequence the flow down to local footy is real. This happened to me, both after the game, when I was umpiring local footy two decades ago. Both in the top 5 worst things to happen as an umpire. This is one of those times when the AFEL looking after one of their own could actually create a toxic situation for vulnerable local umpires.

How’s the mentality? A football manager feels entitled to barge in to the umpires room and complain. That’s GWS in a nutshell.

Totally agree, but what is the bet AFEL treat the Orange differently and he gets a suspended fine

If the AFEL had balls, they would deduct points from them. That would soon stop anyone doing it.

bulldogtragic
27-04-2021, 07:28 PM
$20,000 Fine. Should’ve been suspended. I don’t know why the afel let him off the hook.

ratsmac
27-04-2021, 08:21 PM
$20,000 Fine. Should’ve been suspended. I don’t know why the afel let him off the hook.

Because they own GWS so they don't want their employees staying home :)

What a proper dick he is anyhow. He must hold some animosity towards us for some reason.

bulldogtragic
27-04-2021, 08:31 PM
Because they own GWS so they don't want their employees staying home :)

What a proper dick he is anyhow. He must hold some animosity towards us for some reason.

What gets me is, GWS. He thought this was a good decision to make. He’s their lead negotiator in the trade period on all trade decisions. Maybe he’s not really good at making smart decisions.

westbulldog
28-04-2021, 01:12 AM
GWS are plastic pretenders, they should not be in the competition at all, they stand for nothing, they have no substance nor tradition and we simply despise them. :)