PDA

View Full Version : Three things you've learned. Round six 2021 v GWS Giants

Twodogs
22-04-2021, 08:33 PM
Tell us three things that you know now now that you didn't know this afternoon.

GVGjr
23-04-2021, 10:51 PM
Bumpity Bump

bulldogtragic
23-04-2021, 11:21 PM
1. Winning ugly, is still fun
2. Treloar is possibly the best trade, of many good trades
3. Naughton can practice goal kicking

westdog54
23-04-2021, 11:41 PM
1. Treloar is well and truly a part of the club. Watching him put his arm around Dunkley at full time warmed my heart.
2. Libba's ability to quickly kick or handpass after taking possession is phenomenal.
3. Wayne Carey's fawning over Toby Greene is truly nauseating.

Ghost Dog
23-04-2021, 11:48 PM
1. Teams that play rough like Port of yesteryear, and Giants just don't get to the top. Expend too much energy.
2. Lin Jong is probably past it. Sad to say.
3. Dale as HB I never could have imagined. Works so well.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
23-04-2021, 11:49 PM
1. Our system stacks up, even when execution falters. Our defense is undermanned? Well go ahead, get it in there.. oh you can't? Sorry 22 of our players are buying in and defending the whole ground.

2. Our Match committee has the players on edge, and they're getting it right. It's awesome that we're questioning Lippa, Young getting dropped. The group knows (we don't) what they're expected to do to keep their spot, and that's a good thing.

3. Our midfield is standing up to the hype. So diverse a range of skills, but one similarity, they all like it hot!

GVGjr
23-04-2021, 11:53 PM
1 - We have an uncanny ability to turn it on for a quarter and blow the opposition out of the water.
2 - A great balance of grunt, pace and skills.
3 - Dale continues to impress.

Really looking forward to the test next week against the competitions benchmark team.

Nuggety Back Pocket
24-04-2021, 12:06 AM
1. Macrae Treloar and Dunkley brilliant in the midfield
2. Good to see Cordy play so well in his first game back
3. Serious injuries to Dunkley English and Jong was a real dampener on the win

DOG GOD
24-04-2021, 12:08 AM
1. Toby Greene still has a face you wanna.....
2. Watching Treloar run from mid thru 50 and goaling is orgasmic.
3. Beating GWS continues to taste sweet.

bornadog
24-04-2021, 12:10 AM
1. Our defensive work is so impressive, whether backline or Forward line.
2. Injuries may bite, so our depth will be tested.
3. Martin has made a massive difference to the club

westbulldog
24-04-2021, 12:11 AM
1. There is no better way to start the weekend than by beating the plastic pretenders led by the thug.
2. McNeil is showing good signs.
3. Keath is marshalling the backline pretty well.

Twodogs
24-04-2021, 12:37 AM
1. This is the best midfield I've seen in our colours.
2. This might be the best midfield I've ever seen full stop
3. Naughton continues to add something to his game every few weeks. The "take the mark in front of the pack then turn and hit the ground running looking for/hitting up an option closer to goal" play is the mark of the truly elite key forwards. He has also kicked multiple goals in all of our games this year, I think that only 3 other players have done that this season. If he can stay injury free he could become the most valuable player in the competition.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
24-04-2021, 12:41 AM
1 - We have an uncanny ability to turn it on for a quarter and blow the opposition out of the water.
2 - A great balance of grunt, pace and skills.
3 - Dale continues to impress.

Really looking forward to the test next week against the competitions benchmark team.

Number 1 is great GVGjr, but an extension is how we didn't go to water when we didn't own things execution wise. We will lose games in the next 16 weeks, but it won't be on the back of a poor system: it will be execution.

SonofScray
24-04-2021, 12:43 AM
1 the defensive system is very robust.
2 our footy might not be purely effort based anymore, didn’t require full tilt mania to get going.
3 lots of noticeable s ray he’s on Bont and Macrae around the face and upper body.

macca
24-04-2021, 02:14 AM
1. This is the best midfield I've seen in our colours.
2. This might be the best midfield I've ever seen full stop
3. Naughton continues to add something to his game every few weeks. The "take the mark in front of the pack then turn and hit the ground running looking for/hitting up an option closer to goal" play is the mark of the truly elite key forwards. He has also kicked multiple goals in all of our games this year, I think that only 3 other players have done that this season. If he can stay injury free he could become the most valuable player in the competition.

For a big man, his turning circle is very compact. You can see when turns his taking small steps but they are super quick. Just phenomenal to watch how quick and agile for that size at ground level.

The Bulldogs Bite
24-04-2021, 02:54 AM
1. Keath is underrated. Having a great season.

2. Macraes kicking really has improved going I50. He's on Brownlow medal pace.

3. Cordy looks like a slow, 34 year old on his last legs. Worrying considering our lack of KPDs.

Ghost Dog
24-04-2021, 07:40 AM
Actually I take it back. Watched Jongy's injury closely. Was a bit of a simple overstretch. Needs to be a bit more careful.

bulldogsthru&thru
24-04-2021, 11:00 AM
1. Treloar is well and truly a part of the club. Watching him put his arm around Dunkley at full time warmed my heart.
2. Libba's ability to quickly kick or handpass after taking possession is phenomenal.
3. Wayne Carey's fawning over Toby Greene is truly nauseating.

Channel 7 commentary last night was horrible. For whatever reason, JB tried to put us down at any opportunity right from the outset. He’s massively jealous of us. Like most north and saints fans right now. Imagine the fawning if we were a collingwood, Essendon or carlton? I hope we continue to shove it down these imbeciles throats. I actually thought BT was the best last night which is saying something.

The bulldog tragician
24-04-2021, 11:15 AM
1. We can when we’re not at our best, we can win with injury adversity.

2. Aaron Naughton is just getting started really, having little continuity over the last few seasons. Wow I hope he marks like that in a packed MCG next week.

3. There is no rhyme nor reason to the cruel fate some footballers through no fault of their own experience and I hope (I’m sure they will) the club is wrapping their arms around Lin at the moment.

Bulldog4life
24-04-2021, 12:11 PM
For a big man, his turning circle is very compact. You can see when turns his taking small steps but they are super quick. Just phenomenal to watch how quick and agile for that size at ground level.

Yes he is cat like the way he springs up after hitting the ground.

Bulldog4life
24-04-2021, 12:13 PM
Channel 7 commentary last night was horrible. For whatever reason, JB tried to put us down at any opportunity right from the outset. He’s massively jealous of us. Like most north and saints fans right now. Imagine the fawning if we were a collingwood, Essendon or carlton? I hope we continue to shove it down these imbeciles throats. I actually thought BT was the best last night which is saying something.

Like in 2016 he always mentions our handballs being "suspect". Just like Norm Smith did to Teddy's flick pass.

Bulldog4life
24-04-2021, 12:17 PM
1. We can blow teams out of the water and score heavily whether it is a first quarter or last quarter.
2. Usually a fan of Cords but he is so so slow...well he was last night.
3. Timmy is one tough man after standing up and walking off after appear being knocked out.

Twodogs
24-04-2021, 01:23 PM
1. We can blow teams out of the water and score heavily whether it is a first quarter or last quarter.
2. Usually a fan of Cords but he is so so slow...well he was last night.
3. Timmy is one tough man after standing up and walking off after appear being knocked out.

Timmy was in the middle of next week. It was like those Warner Bros cartoons where the birds fly in circles around his forehead.
I have no idea how he got up and walked off the ground, but it was important that he did because we had a run on and the last thing we wanted was a pause in the game.

I'm going to coin the term "Timmy tough".

ratsmac
24-04-2021, 01:30 PM
1. Losing Dunkley is huge..... well so you would think at first thought. I think we have enough depth through the middle to shuffle some deck chairs and get on with it. Well we'll see next week anyhow

2. An inexperienced team can stifle our ball movement for 3 quarters. A good warning coming up against Richmond next week.

3. Bailey Smith has been slowly tapering off since Dermies comments.

bulldogsthru&thru
24-04-2021, 01:36 PM
1. Losing Dunkley is huge..... well so you would think at first thought. I think we have enough depth through the middle to shuffle some deck chairs and get on with it. Well we'll see next week anyhow

2. An inexperienced team can stifle our ball movement for 3 quarters. A good warning coming up against Richmond next week.

3. Bailey Smith has been slowly tapering off since Dermies comments.
With Dunks out he’ll get more opportunities to shoulder some load.

Ghost Dog
24-04-2021, 01:58 PM
4. Was reminded at every turn of Lachie Hunter's importance in this team. Clever, clever player

Twodogs
24-04-2021, 02:08 PM
4. Was reminded at every turn of Lachie Hunter's importance in this team. Clever, clever player

Isn't he? Squaring the ball or spotting up players in better position to shoot for goal a couple of times instead of blasting away was great footy. Of course having players in position and capable of taking the grab helps a lot too.

bornadog
24-04-2021, 02:14 PM

Under rated by most Bulldog supporters, but I think he one of the most important in the team.

Testekill
24-04-2021, 02:20 PM
Isn't he? Squaring the ball or spotting up players in better position to shoot for goal a couple of times instead of blasting away was great footy. Of course having players in position and capable of taking the grab helps a lot too.

He's had a problem over the uses of blazing away at low percentage shots over the years so to see him centering the ball and putting it at the top of the goal square is extremely encouraging.

bulldogsthru&thru
24-04-2021, 02:24 PM
Like in 2016 he always mentions our handballs being "suspect". Just like Norm Smith did to Teddy's flick pass.

I noticed that. And BT had to tell him he sees it in every game these days as everyone has copied us. He also kept mentioning how it’s impossible to stop our midfield because of the 6-6-6 rule. Like the AFL should get rid of it just to stop our midfield. He also mentioned 5 times 2 minutes into the game that every team had figured us out to stop our run. Massive inferiority complex with him.

bornadog
24-04-2021, 02:48 PM
I noticed that. And BT had to tell him he sees it in every game these days as everyone has copied us. He also kept mentioning how it’s impossible to stop our midfield because of the 6-6-6 rule. Like the AFL should get rid of it just to stop our midfield. He also mentioned 5 times 2 minutes into the game that every team had figured us out to stop our run. Massive inferiority complex with him.

I don't like Hodge either, adds no value.

Dry Rot
24-04-2021, 02:59 PM
Hunter's had a problem over the uses of blazing away at low percentage shots over the years so to see him centering the ball and putting it at the top of the goal square is extremely encouraging.

It helps when you have Naughton and Bruce in the goal square waiting for him.

EasternWest
24-04-2021, 09:03 PM
I don't like Hodge either, adds no value.

Talks like a drunk guy ordering fish and chips for his family.

Channel 7 must have him and Jobe Watson on a two for one deal. No way you're paying full fare for those two.

Twodogs
24-04-2021, 09:39 PM
Talks like a drunk guy ordering fish and chips for his family.

Channel 7 must have him and Jobe Watson on a two for one deal. No way you're paying full fare for those two.

:D

...wiv six potader cakes, ummm, three scallops and four bucks worf of chips thanks mate.